PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medeski7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15065 1 year ago

Considering joining the club and really trying to avoid the price increase on a premium and get in at MSRP. Anyone got any hot tips on how I can do that?

#15075 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Hit up Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I contacted a bunch of distros after playing one Memorial Day weekend and he told me he may have some allocation for July run and asked me if I wanted on a list. Then early July he let me know he had one for me if I wanted it, and I had it in my house August 6th.
So basically he put me on a waitlist without even putting any money down. I don't know if there is another run this year or not but doesn't hurt to ask.
And damn, we're neighbors!

I'll give him a call. Thanks to you and the others here for the suggestions. Hopefully I can figure something out.

It's nice to see some local folks here. This community has been really great, especially for folks like me who are newish to the hobby.

2 weeks later
#15541 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Before everyone laugh. Anyone know of a premium for sale at msrp ? Been looking for a few weeks and coming up dry....send me a PM
Thanks

Saw this Facebook post on the subject. Looks like there may be some out there.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/35138159505/permalink/10159219031399506/

2 weeks later
#16001 1 year ago

Just got the request to pay the invoice. I spoke to the distro and it sounds like I might get it by early next week. Pretty excited.

#16021 1 year ago
Quoted from jay:

Anyone with a game shipping in the batch going out this week know if the prices went up? I've been told my Premium is now $800 more then my original price from a few months back, so the same as a 007 Prem instead of the old Godzilla Prem price. This seems wrong to me.

Got my invoice yesterday. I was told I'm paying current year msrp plus shipping, less than Bond msrp all in. I'm paying the same amount I was quoted this year when I ordered. Hope this helps.

Eta pm me if you want to discuss.

#16064 1 year ago

Just received notice that my machine has shipped! On replacing the stock balls, are there preferred balls for a GZ Premium, or for games with magnets? I like ninja balls, but my recollection is they don't work with games that use magnets.

Also, do you guys swap rubbers immediately? I like Titans but was considering using the stock ones for a bit. I can't decide whether to immediately swap out the flipper rubbers.

#16290 1 year ago

I'm in the club! Delivered today. Build date 10/14, looks like I just made it.

I only had time for a few games but did notice this wire clip looking thing slide down to the right of Mechagodzilla. Any idea what this is for? Doesn't look important but I don't want to overlook something.

20221101_212926 (resized).jpg20221101_212926 (resized).jpg
#16292 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

It's a ball guide that keeps the ball from rolling back down into the pop bumper.

You're referring to the black clip in my picture? If so, where does it go?

#16301 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's a wire loom used as ball trap preventer, should go behind Mecha on the plastic to prevent balls getting lodged there. You probably are missing a screw there as well unless the clip broke
[quoted image]

That's it. I'm missing the screw and washer, apparently. The clip is fine. My guess is they just threw the loom back there without a screw to hold it in place. I just took a random screw that fit and put it in for the time being to hold it there.

#16400 1 year ago

Is hitting the right ramp from upper flipper shot supposed to be hard? I just got my game and have only a handful of plays. That shot only rarely makes it.

#16404 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Should be pretty easy, far easier than the left ramp. Check your coil stop; make sure the flippers are mechanically set up correctly.

I can hit the right ramp easily from the lower left flipper. It's hitting that right ramp from the upper flipper that's hard.

#16423 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Inspired by and with permission from ABE_FLIPS, we have designed our own shooter lane bracket to ensure clean plunges. As many of you are undoubtedly aware, this game suffers from poor plunges that rattle around and prevent clean exits. In this game, clean exits are pretty important given the vast number of skill shots. Our bracket is a 100% fix and I have provided a video of it below. It is also basically invisible and you can barely tell it's even there. We are offering the bracket for $15 shipped on our website, but we are also happy to provide the STL file free of charge to those who want to print it themselves with a link provided below.
https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/abe-flips-godzilla-pinball-shooter-lane-fix
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxJ1k_FU1im58LOMSEHx5j7F2E8gFyDs/view?usp=sharing
A little backstory on this. My 14 year old son designed the bracket and it was his first attempt at 3D printing. He is a freshman in high school and is taking an engineering class where they teach 3D printing. He has been asking me for something pinball related to print and I thought this would be a good project. He nailed the bracket on the first try, no modifications needed. All proceeds for this bracket will go to him and I'm hoping this encourages him to keep going. If you use the STL file to print yourself there is absolutely no obligation to send any money, but if you do want to send a couple of dollars, I will make sure he gets it. Just send me a PM for our payment info.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Added 5 days ago: Edit: due to shipping, packaging, fees etc, we had to adjust the price to be $15 plus $1.99 shipping. You can still print for free.

Will be ordering. Love the backstory. Keep on encouraging.

#16483 1 year ago

I avoided buying GZ for two reasons: I was concerned it would play too similar to IMDN and I have never been interested in the theme. Well, I've been proven wrong. It plays very differently from IMDN. The only similar shot is the upper loop but on the opposite side. I suppose you could argue the building shot is similar to the underworld scoop as well. I only have two pins, so being Star Wars fans we went Mando first. We loved Mando and played it to death until we started to lose interest. After playing GZ on location and loving it, we picked one up.

This is where theme steps in. My kids love the theme even not knowing anything about the theme before. The humor and campyness is a home run for entertainment value especiallyfor a guy like me trying to make this a family hobby. I have since gotten a little more interested in the theme since getting the game. Also, the layout allows you to approach the game using different strategies to achieve different goals, which means long term replayability. I thought I'd not be happy only owning jus IMDN and GZ, but I was wrong.

#16509 1 year ago

My building on my premium raises very smooth, but it rattles/shakes going down. I don't want it to damage the building. Should I be concerned with this, is it normal?

#16513 1 year ago
Quoted from bazou:

I thought this was the normal behavior. Getting concerned now

Look at this video at about the 15:44 mark. Hopefully it timestamped. Looks to me like the building lowers and raises smoothly. Mine raises very smooth, but rattles going down.

#16534 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Mine does this too, but I don't think it's normal. Maybe a problem with the September/October batch of machines? Mine makes a different noise than the video above. I will shoot a video.

I'll try to get a video of mine too. Mine is a 10/14 build. The building does appear to rattle more than the video posted earlier, but it goes up very smooth.

#16548 1 year ago

Here are videos of the building mech rattle I posted about. One video in test mode and another in game. It seems to be worse in game. Is this an issue and if so any ideas how to fix?

#16554 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Wow! Rattling is a great description, although I wonder if we have the same issue, just at two different extremes? The rub or groan from mine could easily end up rattling, although yours seems to be on a pretty steady time period.
I've tried running the building with the playfield flipped up vertical in the upper service position and I don't get the noise. Smooth both ways, so it makes me wonder if it's related to the guide rods on either side or as drbrain suggested, some kind of resonance of the mounting bracket. Have you tried running yours with the playfield flipped up?

Just ran it with the playfield up. I think I see the problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. You can see in the video I just made the building raises and lowers perfectly when the playfield is up. Sorry for the bad camera work it was hard to film and reach the button at the same time.

It appears that when the playfield is down the building falls forward about an 8th of an inch and it skips/rattles against the front lip of the wood. When the playfield is up gravity doesn't allow the building to fall forward and it moves smoothly.

I don't see a way to adjust the bracket to fix this. I'm wondering if maybe something smooth could be placed in that 1/8 inch gap between the front of the building and the wood to prevent this. I do think over time the building or wood could be damaged by this.

#16555 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Wow! Rattling is a great description, although I wonder if we have the same issue, just at two different extremes? The rub or groan from mine could easily end up rattling, although yours seems to be on a pretty steady time period.
I've tried running the building with the playfield flipped up vertical in the upper service position and I don't get the noise. Smooth both ways, so it makes me wonder if it's related to the guide rods on either side or as drbrain suggested, some kind of resonance of the mounting bracket. Have you tried running yours with the playfield flipped up?

See my new post. I think our issues are the same but I think mine is more severe. I have to imagine this issue affects numerous machines, but a lot of buyers may think this is normal. At first, I thought the rattling might be normal as I thought maybe it was to give the effect of the building being demolished.

#16559 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

My Building did this rubbing against the front when the playfield was down thing as well.
What fixed mine was raising the playfield and tightening the hex nuts that hold it to the playfield.
I don't have a pic right now but can take one later and try and circle them. but they are located way inside the building mech up against the playfield itself.
They did not look loose at all. But when I started tightening them they each turned quite a bit.
Have not had an issue since.
Hope this helps if this turns out to be your issue as well.

Please do post a pic. Much appreciated.

Quoted from purbeast:

Just curious - do you have a shaker installed too?
I noticed in your 2 videos back on the other page, the one in the test mode didn't rattle as much as it did when the building was moving in an actual game, and I know the shaker makes the machine vibrate while in game and the building is crumbling. I'm assuming that doesn't happen in test mode though.
It does sounds like something's just "loose" since gravity with the playfield is in normal position causes something to move. I'm guessing doing exactly what Arcade did will solve this problem for you.
I had an issue where the rail on the left inlane on mine would "bounce" off of something before the ball dropped into the inlane. It ended up being that the screw holding the rail to the slingshot just wasn't tightened enough, so I basically pulled the rail as far as it could go, tighten it, and haven't had an issue since.

I do have a shaker installed. However, I will say it was shaking a lot the entire way down even before the shaker was installed.

#16565 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Does everyone that is having that issue have a shaker installed? May just be shaking those hex nuts loose.

My issue was happening before I installed the shaker.

#16610 1 year ago

I wanted to follow up on my building rattle issue. I troubleshooted by tightening various screws and bolts under the playfield. Tightening the two bolts identified seems to have greatly help resolve the issue. These two bolts have soft rubber spacers under them and they have a lot of play to tighten them. I was able to tighten both of them a lot which keeps the building from leaning forward much when the building goes down.

I did notice however that the tilt was affected enough that if I run the building test with the playfield up it will catch on the ramp to the top of the building, preventing the building from moving. When the playfield is down and the game is played the building raises and lowers smoothly now most of the time. It does still occasionally rattle, but it's much less frequent. The game overall is playing great, so I'm tempted to not mess with it further and just enjoy the game.

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpg
#16612 1 year ago
Quoted from Returner:

Those two are adjustment screws to level the building with the playfield. They should not be tightened, take a look at page 66 in the manual.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Thanks for the heads up. I just played again and it's still rattling on occasion anyway. Honestly, if these bolts aren't the fix, I'm not sure what is.

2 weeks later
#17066 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

Not sure there’s an easy fix. Stern support sent me a replacement for my building that had this issue. Installation was straightforward and the new building is working well, no more vibrations.

Man, that sucks. Mine does this, obviously from my videos. Oddly, when the game ends and balls are on the roof it lowers and raises smoothly 100% of the time. I don't understand why it rattles sometimes in game and is smooth during reset. I'd like to know if this is through Stern or the Distro too. I need to decide what to do.

#17109 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

I contacted both Stern and my distributor, and this was covered under warranty. (Reported within a week of purchase)
The motor on the replacement building is in a different location vs the original. (Note the vertical orientation on the new vs the diagonal on the original). I wonder if those of you having this vibration issue have a building like originally installed on mine. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like I have the original one. I wonder why the original in some instances have the gears offset? Looks like I need to inquire with my distro and/or Stern. I've never done that, so please offer pointers if you have any.

1 week later
#17350 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

Has anyone else noticed the total carnage bonus score is not right when you have a multiplier?
[quoted image]

I had this happen yesterday and was pretty confused. Must be a bug that needs to be fixed.

#17352 1 year ago

I'm happy to report that my building rattle appears to be resolved. I do have questions though.

Aside from the initial troubleshooting I did, which didn't get rid of the problem, I didn't really do anything. The problem just went away. I'm wondering if the building mech just needed some breaking in. That, or possibly something in the code update.

I will say I think I may have accidentally changed the building settings in the software where the building adjustment setting is, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone happen to have the default settings for the building mech and could post them? I checked the manual and it's not in there.

1 month later
#18343 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Got my first billion+ Monster Zero. Jackpots at 16.5m. Two SJPs.

Is it me, or does later code make scoring a billion harder? I broke a billion twice early on. Currently my game has been at code 1.02 and the closest I've come is 600M since then.

Side note. I've held off the 1.03 update because of numerous issues I've heard with it.

2 months later
#19870 1 year ago

My upper flipper started having issues today. I would hit the left flipper button and it would flip the upper flipper sometimes at half power and sometimes at full strength. Sometimes it wouldn't go all the way up. The flipper would also drop at times when I was still holding the button. I saw this issue on a Mando but the issue went away on its own. I'm still running 1.02 code. Is this a connection issue, a code issue or a hardware issue? The problem only presented itself while I finally had a longer than usual game. I'm not a great player so my normal ball times aren't very long.

3 weeks later
#20414 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Oh wow, sorted! For those playing at home, the answer was I followed the flipper switch wires to the back of the cabinet where they go through a connector before hitting a node board on the playfield. The connector must have needed to be re-seated. yeewwwww!!!

Thanks for posting. I'm currently troubleshooting a similar problem.

3 months later
#23409 9 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I listened to the interview a while ago. He said it was on purpose but he also said they're supposed to hit the tip of the left flipped when it's up, which implies no drain. Either way, I have mine level and it goes to the tip of the left flipper as described. But have have pounded the building by accident many, many times so it doesn't stop it.
I will say that I bought the mod to divert it and never installed it. I will say that one the the BEST mods I ever bought was the Chrome Candy roof mod. Just two metal pieces that totally make the roof look great. It was about $20.
[quoted image]

I imagine your mod diverts the balls just a little. That might be better. I'm pretty sure my machine is level and I drain sdtm. I might change the roof but it doesn't matter to me that much. The flip side is the building takes less hard hits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medeski7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=medeski7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.