Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maroot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18270 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I just paid my invoice finally for a GZ Prem. I only had a deposit down since 11/2021...
It's for the Feb run <3

How soon do you expect it to be delivered? I have a deposit down on one since July of last year with my local distributer, and they talk about a Feb run too.

1 week later
#18500 1 year ago

Should see my GZ Premium next month and after reading this forum, I see there are things I need to check and get before I play it. I have Ball Baron balls ordered, need to change the speakers to 4 ohm, replace the crappy coil stops (who should I order from?), check the calibration of the building, dial down the ball trough.
Anything I’m missing?

2 weeks later
#18825 1 year ago

I am expecting my Premium next week. However I have been reading about how hard it is to remove the glass. I have PDI glass ready to install, but wondered if using the suction cup method of removal might damage the glass coating. Any advice?

1 week later
#19063 1 year ago

I’m getting my Premium at the end of the week and in the meantime, i have been playing at a machine on location. I am really struggling with trapping the ball. I never had a problem trapping on my Deadpool (which I no longer have). The games seem to be total chaos to me, since I struggle to control. Is there a difference? Perhaps I should look and see if the flippers are lined up to the dots?

#19083 1 year ago

I also had read that reducing the scoop power and letting it bounce to the right flipper is the way to go. That will be one of the first things I adjust.

#19119 1 year ago

Finally a member…

C0083605-0DBB-44C5-8348-812E39DB0765 (resized).jpegC0083605-0DBB-44C5-8348-812E39DB0765 (resized).jpeg
#19173 1 year ago

Anyone notice the misspelling of “multiball” during the machine tutorial? I would think Stern is already aware of it?

6C69CC0E-223F-4A89-BA3A-0FCA98415E9B (resized).jpeg6C69CC0E-223F-4A89-BA3A-0FCA98415E9B (resized).jpeg
#19185 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

You just cost someone their job!

I certainly hope not!

#19347 1 year ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

It's normal. Search back in the thread if you're curious, I know there was a discussion about this at some point. I personally have made the mistake of seeing that it spun, so I thought, "oh, this came loose!" and tightened. All of a sudden, I couldn't hit Destruction Jackpots. It matters.
But yes. Don't tighten down that top screw too much. It is normal for it to spin.

I checked mine when I first got it before I even played it and it was tight, so I don’t believe it should spin.

3 weeks later
#19955 1 year ago

I’m enjoying my Premium, but I think it could use more callouts. Getting a bit tired of the same Mechagodzilla callout when it spins around.

4 months later
#23769 8 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

You can also place a cabinet door bumper where the bridge would hit the plastic if you don't want to fiddle with the coil and get the same results.

I used the bumper when I got my GZ premium in February, but it still ended up breaking the new style plastic. Stern sent me a new piece but I’m not going to install it until I do the washer fix. BTW, is there a certain size washer needed?

#23801 8 months ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Stern sent to you the old style plastic ? why didn't they send you the new one which is shorter and can't be broken by the bridge

They sent the new style, which was what I had on my Feb 2023 Premium.

#23812 8 months ago

Getting ready to play today, and I pressed the left flipper to log into IC, and it didn’t work. Checked my network which works everywhere else. It ‘sees’ the adapter, but no connection. I went through network setup and it sees my network. I select it and put in my password and it starts to try to connect. I notice it shows signal strength of around 55, then goes to 0, then back up to 53 and back to 0. Then tells me ‘unable to join’.
Tried it numerous times with the same result. Powered down and up, removed adapter and reseated. Tried everything again. Same result.

Is it most likely that my adapter is crapping out and I need to replace it? I’m pissed as my current streak of days played will probably come to an end.

Thanks for any help.

Also, checking locally for a replacement adapter, I see others have mentioned the TP-Link WN725N adapter. Will any TP-Link adapter possibly work? I had an Insignia adapter, but it won’t work.

#23814 8 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Try the other usb port on your main board.

I did. No go.

#23820 8 months ago

Well, from the advice of another Pinsider, they recommended a new SD card, but that did not take care of the problem. I guess a call to Stern on Monday is in order. Very weird that when it sees my network, I see full bars, but when I try to connect, it fails.

#23885 8 months ago
Quoted from maroot:

Well, from the advice of another Pinsider, they recommended a new SD card, but that did not take care of the problem. I guess a call to Stern on Monday is in order. Very weird that when it sees my network, I see full bars, but when I try to connect, it fails.

I decided to try a new Wifi adapter. Ordered from Amazon, installed it yesterday and get the exact same issue. I think the only thing left that could be the problem is the CPU board. I have a call into Stern and we will see what happens.

#23944 7 months ago

I lost a screw to my bridge today (found it under the playfield), but checked the other screws and some were loose on the back side…the hard-to-get-to side. What is the best way to get to those? I have a right angle screwdriver, but one is almost impossible to get to. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#24244 7 months ago

I have a question about Saucer Attack. According to the rules, if you roll over the switch below the saucer, that is supposed to light saucer attack, where if you then hit the saucer, you are credited with destroying the saucer. It never lights on the plunge, but is that normal? Are there certain times where the rollover is not supposed to light Saucer Attack? I did a switch test, and it seemed to always show it working.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

1 month later
#24594 6 months ago

Any chance Stern will add a co-op mode?

2 months later
#26135 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lube that shit!

Should I use the lube that came with the machine, or is that only for the building?

3 weeks later
#26476 88 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nothing much in the settings will prevent outlane drains besides turning down the slings coil power. If you haven't already, move the adjustable posts to make the outlanes narrower. That's about all you can do.

What do you have your sling power set at?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maroot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=maroot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.