PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mahony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:anyone with the pinball machine take a photo of the MPU in the backbox? keen to see the wifi part of it. (sorry I'm a network geek). I'm in on an LE but expect it won't be here in the UK until November.

Is it a dongle or a chip on the board? I would have guessed they'd just update the boards with a chip. Are there any antennas? No rj45 I'm guessing?

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Assuming code can be opened up, first thing I'm doing is taking out that second announcer and replacing with something better. He's terrible. He was also terrible in JP.
I'm not going online with this so no worries about being "connected".

I'll for sure be placing Godzilla on a guest network with no access to my LAN. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the connected aspect of the game, but it turns out that I'm hooked on the stats after about 25 games over 2 days at a show. I may even play games I don't enjoy as much just to acquire the achievements. I like the fact there is no APP required as well. If you go to a bar with a bunch of IC machines, you can just print out and tape the QR code to your forehead and use the forehead to glass method to log in.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Well, Iron Maiden was loved as well, just saying. I played Godzilla this past weekend, and it seems like a great game, but it's just like Elwin's other games, in that nothing is quite unique about it. Having said that, it's great that people dig it.

I would argue that the way the magnet behaves is unique. I really like the way it tosses it up the left side to set up an upper flipper shot.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Simple USB dongle.
There is already ethernet on the board.
Updating the CPU creates region issues and doesn't offer cheap upgrades to existing games in the field.

Will you be able to connect to the internet with the ethernet port to access IC is what I should have asked? I assumed the rj45 ports were just used to connect boards.

I thought the Spike 2 CPU boards have different versions for other regions? Is that just to accommodate for power requirements? Forgive me I never really messed with the Spike 2 other than to update the code.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I noticed that on the streams. Most every time someone hit that shot left of the building, it came SDTM. Not sure if leveling has anything to do with it, but I was wondering if I should just avoid that shot.

The machine on the right side at the PAGG event seemed to come back down onto the right flipper, the machine on the left seemed to go STDM causing me to tilt frequently.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I thought my distributor said the same thing. Are they really not drop shipping all of these from Stern? That is insane if they are not.

My last NIB back in August 2020 had to go to the dealer first, then to me. I don't know why. I pre-ordered that one as well.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Also waiting, but I figure outside chance this coming week, more likely last week Oct./first week Nov.

Yeah, I'm gonna put a Pro translight on my LE just as I did with Star Wars comic art. Need those katakana characters, it just fits the theme.
(speaking of, if anyone local wants to swap pro translight for LE, PM me)

Man I'd pay decent for the LE backglass. I ordered the premium unfortunately. Just sell me the LE one. Backglass are overrated anyway. Just throw on two pairs of sunglasses before you turn on the machine and you'll be fine.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Seems that this was the same game that was being played during the first premium stream on Deadflip.

Deadflip had a premium behind him at Stern during the JP home pin gameplay just a few hours ago. That was probably the one that the stream was on.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

WOOT!!!!!
(Unboxing will take place after work. Will be a painful few hours.)
[quoted image]

Hope that fraudster in this thread doesn't try to use your serial number in his devious world domination plot to get some sweet sweet LE sideart!!

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

One thing that surprises me (and perhaps this is less surprising for those who have bought LEs previously) is that the owner's manual for Prem/LE isn't out yet, if it's indeed shipping in short order... The Pro manual came out about a week or two(?) before the Pros started popping up on location; I would think that if the LEs were on their way out the door, the manuals should be posted soon/by now... Am I way off on this?

The premium/LE manual is now up on Stern's website.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

JP has the ability to let you play the wizard mode as a stand alone. I have not tried this yet but it would be nice to see this in more games.

It is in more games. I forgot which ones exactly. I know it's in TMNT for sure. TMNT has a couple fun modes when you press and hold both flipper before starting the game. I want to say that Iron Maiden, JP, LZ, and Stranger Things have them as well. Right now Godzilla only has the competition mode when holding both flippers.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Elwin like Goats? Jurassic and Godzilla have goats.
[quoted image]

Maybe it's because Elwin is the GOAT?

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Loving the destruction jackpot one shot off the magnet.
Are there other games that have this type of all-or-nothing one shot?

Does the Smart Missile shot on Jurassic Park count?

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

The above list is incorrect. Whoever gave this information at Stern was probably not given correct information.
There is definitely footage of 'Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla', which is not on the list above, shown in the live streams. The footage of Godzilla using his body as a magnet, a main feature of this game (Magna-Grab), is from 'Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla'. That is the only movie in which he used that ability. In the sequel, 'Terror of MechaGodzilla', Godzilla does not use this ability again.
I think the game that they previously did not list and don't have the rights to is 'All Monsters Attack'. Most of the Godzilla footage in that game is stock footage from other movies (Son of Godzilla, Ebirah, etc.). This use of stock footage from other Godzilla movies is probably where the confusion stems from. The only original scenes in which Godzilla, and his son, appear in this movie are the scenes which feature Gabara. Those scenes were made specifically for this movie. If anybody has seen Gabara in the game then I am wrong about which movie was left out. I don't see Gabara anywhere in the art nor I have I seen him appear in the streams I've watched to date. Of coure, he can appear in updates if Stern has the rights to the movie.
[quoted image][quoted image]

On the LoserKid podcast with guest Keith Elwin, Keith talks about what Godzilla movies were available for use and his process for gathering clips. It was mildly interesting.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any thought on the ball falling off the building drop straight down the center drain?other than leveling.

When the balls drop out of the lock, they hit that piece of plastic before dropping onto the playfield. It seems you could just put a small dimple or tiny post on that plastic shield, then the balls would be diverted around the dimple/post and would no longer go SDTM.

tempFileForShare_20211102-111914 (resized).jpgtempFileForShare_20211102-111914 (resized).jpg
#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I don’t think I’ve had a single ball drain coming out of the tower. The only drains I commonly get are the brutal shot just to the left of the tower that shoots back at you with a vengeance.

Sorry for not being clear, I'm referring to the ball lock on top of the building. I've seen it on video a few times where it will drain SDTM at the start of multiball. I have only played the pro version which doesn't have the collapsing building, so I haven't experienced it yet.
Check out this video at 2:55, it shows what I've seen.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I can’t understand if this is such a awesome game the LE’s are still so cheap.

There were 1000 of them made. Cut that number in half and the price would rise.

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Giving something a 10 because it's the greatest thing you've ever played and you're enamored with it is forgivable. If you settled down and really thought critically, maybe it's a 9.2 to you? So you're less than 1 off because you're over hyping. Giving something a 1 that you've never played and is a consensus "one of the best modern pins made" is for sure a sad existence.

I believe if you rate a game a 1, then it should be easy to leave a few comments about your bad experience. Since most people are more affected by bad experiences than good ones, it should be easy to leave feedback to help validate the comments about their experience. I know pinball is like music and it's possible that some people will hate your favorite game with a passion so I'm hoping they are able to add some feedback in the future.

#2164 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:Well my excitement was short lived. Game worked fine, then about 2 minutes into game play the playfield shuts off, then loose power to the flippers followed by the LCD freezing.
Try to power cycle and nothing. If I leave it unplugged for 10-15mins I can get the game to power back up but then the same thing happens again.
This is my first Stern pin I've ever had issues with.
Grrrr....

As someone else said, it sounds like it may be a heat issue. Check and make sure your PSU fan is spinning.

#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got my LE today (#731 checking in). I do have a couple of immediate questions. First, does anyone find it odd that my box was wrapped in a GnR box? Second, what the hell is “magnalube”?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Most likely your machine went to the dealer then to you. My last NIB came double wrapped in a raw thrills box. The dealer did this for extra protection.
Maganalube is likely lubricant for the shaker motor squeaking? I believe someone here with an LE said that the shaker motor was squeaking and they were told by stern to put oil on the shaft near the weight.

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:Got some bad news. Looks like most of the distributors will only be getting 9 to 10 premiums in each due to the supply chain shortages for the first run

Quoted from radfordian3505:

My distributor just confirm that the delay is a lie and my premium will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Oh No, he didn't just call Teddyb73's distro a liar! You going top take that lying down Teddy?

In all seriousness I bet dealers were only receiving 9 or 10 to begin with. That's probably the initial run. I don't know how many dealers there are in the USA, but if there are 1 per state, that would be around 500 machines just in the USA alone. Not even counting anything in Canada or overseas. Sounds like a lot to me. I was told I was first in line for a Premium, but I don't have a shipping date as of yet. I inquired a few weeks ago and I was told it would be a few weeks. I want to email again but I don't want to be the guy who keeps bugging him.

#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

You sure this guy is not a scammer? Website has been up for 77 days, address shows a vacuum shop if you check it out on google maps. [quoted image]

Honesty, what a horrible detective job on your part. The logo for Mad Pinball very clearly states "est. 2021" in large font. The evidence photo you presented has the date "Oct 2019" stamped right on it. Please turn in your gun and your badge today.

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The man quickly posted a follow up comment of contrition when he realised his mistake and he did so 5 hours before your snarky comment. And I thought he did a pretty good job of it. (See below)
Have you ever made a mistake?

I was going for humor, not snarky. It was terrible detective work, but I doubt he is a real detective. I also doubt I have the authority to ask him to return his gun to a fictional police department. Have you ever had someone tease you after you made a mistake? I have.

#2657 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Mine shipped Friday. My buddy who lives a state north is getting his tomorrow so I’m assuming I hear from fedex tomorrow and get mine Wednesday.

If you don't mind, would you tell us who your dealer is? Curious, because my dealer is on the east coast. I'm still waiting for mine. Thanks!

EDIT: N/M I just saw your previous post letting us know it's from FlipNOut. Thanks!

#2705 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Did your distributor confirm you’re on the first run?

He stated that I was first run, and #1 in line on his list for a premium. I ordered it before the reveal. I messaged 4 weeks ago and was told it would be about 3 weeks to ship. I was thinking about messaging him again. I just don't want to be the annoying one. Every time I receive an email notification my heart skips a beat hoping it's him telling me it's ready to ship. I'm lucky that I have a pro available right down the street to play, but I really want my own premium.

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just email him dude

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I emailed him and he responded letting me know to pay the balance and the game should be shipping to me in the next few days. I paid as fast as I could, and now I'm incredibly excited.

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just tried to download the new code via WiFi but it’s not finding it. The connection test is successful.

Not sure if Stern will do this, but sometimes when a new firmware or software update is released on other devices like a phone, they won't let everyone download it at once. They will release it in waves so they won't overload the servers. It could also be that so many people are downloading it that the Stern network isn't responding to the request.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah I wondered if that was the reason also.
I've got a pro that I'm installing on Thursday will take a look then.

Would you mind grabbing the make/model number off of your wifi module with antennas? I was thinking that if your model with the antennas has a greater signal, then we may be able to swap the small one with no antennas out for the better one. If the code is the same worldwide then the drivers should already be in the code, right? Am I missing something?

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know how I can end a game in progress?

In the past there was an option to long press left flipper + start and it would restart the game. Is that no longer available?

2 months later
#6593 2 years ago

Not sure if this is the right place. I received a UPS notification stating that an item is on its way from Stern Pinball. It says it weighs 1#, but I'm not sure what it is. Is there a replacement part coming for Godzilla? I received a Godzilla Premium recently and the only thing I can think of is maybe it's a recalled part for Godzilla? Maybe the plastic under the bridge that users are reporting broken? I've had no issues with mine.

#6597 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

did you open a ticket or anything with them? I don't think they're shipping parts without that

No ticket open, I just noticed my magna grab plastic is broken though. I guess I better find the broken piece now.

#6598 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

By chance did you sign up for Insider Connect All Access? Just a thought...

I am an Insider subscriber, but I already received my swag kit a month or so ago. Maybe I won the contest for the Limited Edition swag that Gary pitches on those flyers that are stuck to the glass when you buy a NIB? I doubt it, but it's a fun thought.

#6803 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got the same notice, mine arrives Monday

What did it contain? Mine arrives today, but I still don't know what it is. The only notification I have received was the "UPS my choice" delivery notification that I receive from UPS the second someone creates a label in my name and address. No notification from Stern at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mahony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=mahony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.