IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevin_lheureux.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 2 years ago

In for an LE. Not a huge Zilla fan but it's an Elwin game so it'll rock.

1 month later
#608 2 years ago

Sounds like my LE will be here next week. Fingers crossed.

#926 2 years ago

ZillaLE #689 made it home to Cali. Hope to crack it open soon.

03967FA4-A144-4759-BC33-D635F6340219 (resized).jpeg03967FA4-A144-4759-BC33-D635F6340219 (resized).jpeg
#1116 2 years ago

Finally had a chance to unbox Zilla LE #689 and the game looks beautiful. I can't say how it plays though unfortunately.

My son played the first game and second ball in the ball just disappeared. We couldn't see it anywhere and ball search did not find it. The game finally gave up, ended the cycle and served a new ball.

He the started another game and the same thing happened. We finally pulled the playfield out and forward to find the ball stuck underneath the right orbit plastic. Unfortunately it appears the tech building the playfield decided it wasn't important to install all of the ball guides! SMH.

I've been doing this for over 20 years and never seen anything like that. Looks like I won't be playing my game for awhile....

IMG_8072X (resized).JPGIMG_8072X (resized).JPGIMG_8074D (resized).JPGIMG_8074D (resized).JPGIMG_8079D (resized).JPGIMG_8079D (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#3192 2 years ago

Playing my game this weekend I’ve have a recurring issue during multiballs where a ball gets stuck under MG’s arm. It doesn’t appear to be from airballs but during the mania of those MB modes it’s hard to tell. I’ve also noticed some violent ball action from the auto launcher which I actually believe is the cause of the issue while balls are reloading during MB. I’ve moved the auto launch setting in the game menu down to 115 from the 150 default and so far things seem better. Maybe keep this in mind if you have this issue.

159D76FF-BE08-4E6B-91BC-D6DEDDA3848A (resized).jpeg159D76FF-BE08-4E6B-91BC-D6DEDDA3848A (resized).jpeg
#3332 2 years ago

Following up on the speaker resistance and settings discussion earlier in the thread, I had previously used 8ohm setting on my LE temporarily as it’s a quick and easy way to get some brighter brights in the high end though it’s not the best way to achieve that considering the speaker impedance and the amp driving it. This weekend I took some time and made some adjustments to the sound setting’s in 4 ohm and am very happy with a nice full sound including the return of detail in the mid’s and high’s which were missing from the factory 4 ohm default settings.

Here are my settings -

Stern pinball LE speaker/audio settings (4ohm)

Select backbox speaker type
- 4 ohm

Select cabinet speaker type
- 4 ohm

Select audio filter
- HIGH/LOW Shelf (DEF)

Select blackbox bass frequency
- 250 Hz (Default)

Adjust backbox bass gain
- +3 db

Select backbox treble frequency
- 4 KHz (Default)

Adjust back box treble gain
- +8.0625 db

Select cabinet bass frequency
- 250 Hz (Default)

Adjust cabinet bass gain
- +6 db (Default)

Select cabinet treble frequency
- 4 KHz

Adjust cabinet treble gain
- 0 db

Technically the power amp should run cooler with matched impedance and you should get twice the total watts output, better sound at lower volumes and minimize distortion at high volumes. The loudest I’ve gone is about 35 and I cannot imagine what 60+ sounds like. I may have to test that. I did utilize the EQ and adjusted to taste but the high/low shelf setting actually sounded better than my “smile curve” or other adjustments.

My home theater speakers are Miller & Kreisel S-150’s (same as those used at skywalker ranch soundstage to mix SW films) 4 ohm and while they can run reasonably at 6 or 8 ohms if needed they really want the power of 4 ohm amplification.

8 months later
#13582 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Clear Pop Bumper bodies are back in stock.
For GZ; it's my understanding you'd need a single body, base, and skirt in clear.
Goto:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/PopBumperCFG?modern
select "Modern" as a pop type
select "Clear" as the color
leave number of pops as 1
and deselect the PopCap (14) as most people won't need a clear popcap.
Then click "Add Selected Items to Cart" button under the parts list.
[quoted image]
Note: I do not sell the GZ specific popcap nor do I sell the flying saucer mod some people seem to have. For those; I'm sure they've been discussed ad-nauseum in this thread.

Ordered. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#14532 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Obligatory question - what are the must have mods for GZ PreLE? On the list for the neon sign. Guessing a good bridge mod - which one? What else?

I’ll suggest my bridge mod but perhaps I’m biased. many happy customers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-le-train-bridge-mod

#14534 1 year ago

Thanks Jason. Thanks for sharing the pics. Seeing your game reminds me that I ’ve gotta do something about my Godzilla figure asap.

#14537 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Thanks I got the Neca one off of eBay. I’ve since removed the fire from his mouth can’t decide if i like it or not. But the Godzilla himself is a huge upgrade!

I was also considering the large bank bust Zilla but couldn't decide. The Neca figure is more in line with the stock sizing though so probably the best option.

Quoted from jkashani:

Where do you obtain that shooter rod?

I make the shooters as well as the bridge mod though I haven't officially launched them. PM me if interested.

#14662 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have the opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE for about $3k over the current asking price for a premium. Is it worth the extra cost? Value/return? Game only has about 100 plays on it. Love the game as most people do. Just wanting an honest opinion. Only other LE I’ve owned was a Star Trek LE that I miss. And that one cost me less than the current premiums!
Thank you

I have an LE and have played premiums. Sure they play the same but the foil art, powdercoated armor, real back glass, HD glass and all the rest which you would likely add anyway are absolutely worth it and will ad up to that difference in price anyway. If you're going to pass please let me know, I have a friend who would be. Market on these is 15-16k currently.

1 week later
#14836 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You do have to completely disassemble the bridge mech to replace the plastics. And it is quite a pain getting to some of those screws in the back to get it apart and back together. If you haven't already, great time to add washer to the coil mech if your bridge hits the plastic below.

Since you’ve purchased my bridge mod Jedi_Gill pointed out a better method to access the difficult rear screw using Cary’s playfield method. I’ve since added this to my instructions.

FEEAA1E3-2DF1-4F11-B9E5-B01FBD8F4970 (resized).pngFEEAA1E3-2DF1-4F11-B9E5-B01FBD8F4970 (resized).png
4 months later
#18937 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I posted but maybe got overlooked does anyone know how I have to dissemble this bridge in order to lock this screw back in place it’s loose and wobbling bridge;
If it’s too much hassle and difficult my tech will be here Friday
It’s bottom left screw buried
How difficult is this I’m a beginner level 2
Could be good practice to build confidence
My vote is wait for tech ; but what’s worst that can happen some screws drop and I dissemble a lot of stuff I don’t Remeber how to put back lol
[quoted image]

I make these for just this type of reason and to help install my Godzilla bridge mod and other mods in general. A set of these will go a long way towards helping you get the screw back in. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball/07842-playfield-jacks-

I don’t have a link handy now but I’m happy to send you my bridge installation instructions which you can use to guide you through the repair.

#18945 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m confused by your post ; are you sending just instructions or parts I will need too?
Please clarify

My post said that that I didn't have the file handy last night but would get the instructions to you shortly. Hope it helps you with your issue. http://www.performancepinball.com/uploads/1/7/3/2/17325106/godzilla_premium_le_bridge_mod_.pdf

#18946 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

$65 shipped. Those clamps that Cary Hardy suggested were $.88 at Harbor Freight and worked great for me.

To each his own. In the last 10 days since launch dozens and dozens of people have seen value in them and purchased in the US, Australia and Germany with many buying multiple sets.

#18950 1 year ago

Thanks for the new orders guys. I wasn't fishing for them but rather hoping to help the gentleman who needs help repairing his game. He can definitely repair it without them and the instruction I put up show that.

I do this on the side as a hobby (for more than 20 years now) and just try to participate and sometimes make cool stuff.

1 week later
#19145 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I just had an amazing experience buying a NIB GZ Premium from Old Town Pinball. I had missed my slot with Automated in November when i thought my job shit the bed and had to pass. I was on several distros list for Feb run but not a single call. When i called to check in with them i was told i was not making this run. Old Town Pinball posted an ad that they had them fresh in, i called, i wired the funds, 2 days later NIB GZ Premium in my house. Smooth as silk and super easy. Give them a shout, Will and team will hook you up.- Walt

Another shout out for Old Town Pinball. Will reached out and bought a few sets of my playfield Jacks and he has been a real pleasure to talk and deal with and a genuine guy. He's definitely on my good guy list.

1 week later
#19397 1 year ago

Hi all. Thought I’d share here as I’ve updated Playfield Jacks to V1.5 along with my Godzilla Bridge Mod + PFJ Combo. These sell regularly with around 150 bridge sets thus far. Also introduced accessory inserts for games with mirror blades and other cabinet mods in the Performance Pinball store.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball/07845-godzilla-bridge-playfield-jack-combo

Thanks for looking! Kevin

0cedc345d55f9c78a747c8e30b60c5e4b7f147ee (resized).jpg0cedc345d55f9c78a747c8e30b60c5e4b7f147ee (resized).jpgIMG_1262D (resized).JPGIMG_1262D (resized).JPGIMG_1264D (resized).JPGIMG_1264D (resized).JPGIMG_1933 (resized).JPGIMG_1933 (resized).JPG
#19402 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

The magna grab magnet was loose and spinning on an LE. After I tightened it, my magna grab performance deteriorated significantly.

From Stern, the magnet cylinder on a Godzilla is NOT supposed to spin. It’s supposed to be solidly screwed in place.

Mine is loose and kept it that way when I replaced it recently.

#19407 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm confused, and having issues with our game. Is the magnet supposed to be tight? And yours plays fine loose? Mine spins freely, with about 1/4" up and down play. Why did you need to replace?

Stern tech support says it supposed to be tight. No movement. Mine spins freely with a little up/down movement and plays great. I replaced it due to wear though didn’t really need to. It still worked fine.

#19426 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Just used these to do the VUK improvement as detailed by RoadQueen on my brand-new Godzilla (Premium). Easy, painless and safe.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Yes, you can use Harbor Freight clamps + a folded rag...but these will stay in my pinball repair toolkit for years. Good work Kevin_LHeureux!

zh2oson Somehow I missed this earlier. Thank you for the kind words and I’m really happy you love them. I’m super proud of them and think they should be in every toolbox. Just makes life so much easier.

#19429 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Base coat is Ink black. Top coats called "Gojira" from prismaticpowders.com. In low light it almost appears black, but when light hits it, it's a very high metallic color shifting type deal. Lots of green with some gold thrown in. Super happy with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stunning!

5 months later
#23871 7 months ago

Another run of Premium/LE Godzilla bridge mods in 'Dark Steel' have wrapping up with a few sets left and more 'Mecha Silver' in production if anyone is interested. You can find more details below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-le-train-bridge-mod
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball

Thanks for looking!

Pinside_forum_7714778_3517636 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7714778_3517636 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7714778_3517637 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7714778_3517637 (resized).jpg
#23955 7 months ago
Quoted from maroot:

I lost a screw to my bridge today (found it under the playfield), but checked the other screws and some were loose on the back side…the hard-to-get-to side. What is the best way to get to those? I have a right angle screwdriver, but one is almost impossible to get to. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

The best way to get the rear screws are to have the playfield up in the air and out of the cabinet. Can't post pdf's here so check this link and there's a pdf for disassembly of the bridge. Hope that answers your questions. http://www.performancepinball.com/godzilla-bridge-mod.html

#24060 6 months ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

To the real old school fans. What do you think about Keith Elwin doing old school King Kong? Anyone who loves old school Godzilla. Loves old scholl King Kong. Looks like there is a new King Kong movie coming out as well as a new Godzilla movie.
Sold I will take one.[quoted image]

Honestly I'm not even a KK fan new or old but have a Zilla LE because I knew it would be epic before release and I can say that KK deserves a pin more than about any considering its lineage, value in IP and general awareness along with the fact that the original pin never went to production. Elwin made everyone care about the OG Godzilla lore and will kill it an OG KK pin no doubt.

2 months later
#25122 4 months ago

Just wanted to share our Black Friday - Cyber Monday sale on Pinball mods and tools

15% off all items in our store including Godzilla Bridge Mod, Playfield Jacks ™ and More

Use code Perf-pin23 for discount at checkout.

Shipping has also been reduced along with more add-on item options.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball

Thanks for looking!

1 month later
#26243 80 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

My bridge has been like that for the better part of 6 months. Haven't noticed one bit since then (until I think about it).
I suppose I'll install the back piece if/when I sell the pin.
[quoted image]

When I designed the bridge mod I took installation into great consideration and worked to develop the simplest method possible. That said, if you follow my instructions the install isn't extremely difficult though does take some disassembly when it comes to the rear pieces. Honestly the most difficult part of the process is gaining access to and removing the forward most screw on the left bridge as seen in the image below. It's not that it's difficult to remove once it's revealed (it is tight though) but rather gaining access to it with the playfield in a position to allow you to do so.

This was the main reason I invented Playfield Jacks ™ from 'Performance Pinball' (not to be confused with imitators products also here on pinside). As I knew that many buyers would have a tough time installing this, my goal was to get the playfield up and out of the cabinet easily and securely to allow access to this screw. They changed the game! I found that I had such ease to access anything on the playfield without having to hang over awkwardly into the cabinet that it made installing my bridge mod and anything else I need to work on a breeze.

Once I had the concept done and did another install I realized all of the other potential use cases for them and spent the following couple of months refining and testing the design.

All that said, if you have a set of Playfield Jacks or have a friend whom you can borrow a set from they will make the install much easier and in some cases even possible.

I have linked the pdf install download here if it helps anyone to install my bridge mod or anyone else's for that matter. I have not seen any other instructions for bridge disassembly so aim not sure how others address the issue.

http://www.performancepinball.com/uploads/1/7/3/2/17325106/godzilla_premium_le_bridge_mod_.pdf

Hope this helps!

Kevin

IMG_9819D (resized).JPGIMG_9819D (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#26677 56 days ago

Probably already been discussed here already but we just saw Godzilla Minus One (black and white) and were totally blown away by it. It would be really cool to see clips from that movie integrated into the code by Stern or with a custom code a'la Jurassic park movie code.

#26684 55 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

Did you see a black and white version of the movie? If so, that will be the excuse I need to see it again.

We did. Probably going to go back and see it in color.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevin_lheureux.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=kevin_lheureux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.