PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbenson13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12707 1 year ago

I finally joined the club! With this and Rush, I’ve now tripled my pinball collection and sadly maxed out space for more. I’ve put a whopping 2 games on my machine so far and I’m loving it! The shots are tough but fair and the whole game is immersive and just plain fun. I’m usually not a fan of shaker motors but it’s perfectly integrated in this game and I’m glad I got it. Can’t wait to play it more!

3D5D7504-3B61-4120-9DC7-08C2B63567CE (resized).jpeg3D5D7504-3B61-4120-9DC7-08C2B63567CE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#13084 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

You wanna talk about FOMO, go talk to the dudes dropping 13-15K on LE's when its the same exact game as the premium edition.

I liked this comment and generally agree with you. You do get a shaker motor but everything else is purely cosmetic. Having said that, I wonder if LEs hold their value better than Premiums. If that's the case, you don't plan to own the game forever AND you can afford it, then buying the LE probably makes sense. The local barcade here in Houston has nothing but LEs which shocked me at first. But I have to think that they're thinking they can sell those games for closer to what they paid for them (maybe even more!) so it was worth it. It still pains me to see those beautiful machines getting beat up by drunk non-pinball enthusiasts all day...

#13085 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Sick! 283M is about as good as i can do right now.

I'm in your boat and while I'm not totally new to pinball I'm relatively new to Pinside. It was bumming me out to watch all these guys breaking 1 billion and I can't crack half that.

Maybe not your issue, but I've come to a better place. I no longer worry about what other people score or can accomplish on their machines. I know my average score thanks to Insider Connected. Any time I can beat my average score (and thus raise my average score) I call it a win. I'm not even gunning for a new high score on my machine. For a short while there I was getting really frustrated playing my new machines (Rush and GZ). Now, I'm much, much happier and have even been playing a bit better.

Probably not your issue, or anybody else's. But your post made me think to share how I've stayed happy playing these games among people who are clearly much better than me at pinball...

1 week later
#13470 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

OK, agreed... I'll dial back the flames. That said, I have some valid points that I think are worthy of discussion even among major fans of the game.
I just find it endlessly frustrating, and every Gz I've played has been the same. Maybe a bunch of tweaking will make a big difference, but I don't think a pin should take endless tweaking to be fun. How could an operator possibly keep it dialed in?
The 3 ball magnet hold isn't strong enough to hold the balls most of the time.
The pop bumper is ruthless. Even a perfect shot to the spinner often results in the ball bouncing into it and shooting into the outlane or SDTM. This is just punishing for regular players.
I think having a pinball wizard design a game might actually be a bad thing, and might result in a game being too difficult. I hit that left ramp shot about 1 in 20 times. I'm not a great player, but I'm a decent player and have been playing at home and on route pretty regularly for 20 years. Regardless of what you think of my skills, someone who plays that much should be able to hit that shot more than 5% of the time.
I've checked the level several times, it's spot on, but I don't have a way to check the playfield grade. Maybe I'll try that next.
I have other reasons for keeping it for now, but under normal circumstances I definitely would have sold or traded it. The route games I've played have been like this too.
Wade

I wanted to jump in and say that I understand your frustration. I don't personally feel this way about my GZ Premium, but felt pretty similar about my Rush Premium. And I complained a bit in that club thread too (though not to the point where I got down-voted or told perhaps I shouldn't post there any more). To be clear, I think you have the right to be in this club thread and voice your frustration. You are not alone. That left ramp shot is tough!

I've made peace with my Rush and am still in the process of learning to love my GZ. Yes, there are hard shots in both games and I think I just have to work harder at learning how to hit them reliably. I will say that I generally have more fun on my GZ when I'm bricking than on my Rush. Even when I can't make that left ramp, I can usually still start GZ multiball and/or Mecha GZ multiball and still have a fun experience.

I see you have your GZ pro up for trade, and it looks like that's your only game. I'd be curious which games you've had/played in the past that you enjoyed and that you thought were less difficult. Crazy as this sounds, I might suggest Ghostbusters Pro or Premium to you as an alternative (mine is NOT for sale or trade to be clear!). In that game, the two key shots are relatively wide and makeable, and the peripheral shots are not as critical. There's also a wildcard shot that can spot those peripheral shots in the modes that require them. Of course, that wild card shot risks a SDTM return and everyone complains the flippers are spaced too far apart. So maybe there is no easy game at the end of the day...

#13474 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Regarding “tough” shots in any pinball. Adjust your flipper angles. For me, I could never make the tower shot off the upper flipper on JP. In frustration, I lowered the upper flipper just a bit (more “droopy”), and BANG, now I hit that shot much more consistently. I find the left ramp shot on GZ very, very easy now. I can loop the ramps endlessly (disclosure: I installed the Precision Flip system with bushings, that helped tremendously, too, in improving my consistency).

Is there some video or post that explains how to do this? Thanks!

4 weeks later
#14603 1 year ago

My building in my Premium absolutely struggles (grinds) to move up and down. Is this normal or do I have any issue? Any thoughts on how to go about "fixing" or even diagnosing the issue if you are, like me, rather mechanically inexperienced? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#15089 1 year ago

On my second game with the 1.00 code installed, I finally joined the billion point club yesterday! I also got to Terror of MechaGodzilla and, I think, Saucer Multiball for the first time. And I fought my first tier 2 battles as well. I had no idea what I was doing! I never read the rules for those modes because I had never even sniffed tier 2 battles or terror before. So happy! But now I gotta go bone up on the rules some more…

6EE8EB15-39A6-4DAD-B66A-58075B148F86 (resized).jpeg6EE8EB15-39A6-4DAD-B66A-58075B148F86 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#15501 1 year ago

Hey guys. The WiFi on my Godzilla Preimum is terrible. The game sits right next to my Rush Premium, which picks up my WiFI just fine. I *think* I've seen other people replace their dongles but I can't find it in the thread. Does anybody have any recommendations for dongles that work (i.e. get better range)? Did you have to update drivers somehow? Simpler is better for me.... Thanks!

#15518 1 year ago
Quoted from Jony:

this post has just pushed me over the edge to purchase a gz prem... my only issue is the theme (and art package) which I don't love...

Quoted from JayLar:

I didn't like the theme either, but now I am a proud owner of a premium and love it!

Same! I 100% disliked the theme when I first played the game. Less than a year later, I own a premium and it's my favorite game ever.

#15519 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah it was ass on mine as well, even after I bought a 3 foot USB extender to have the dongle sitting outside of the top.
I ended up just getting another of the same one I put in my JP from Microcenter for $10 and I haven't had any wifi issues since.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/395710/tp-link-tl-wn725n-150mbps-wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter

Thanks! Did you have to download drivers or was it effectively plug and play?

2 weeks later
#16006 1 year ago

Hurry Up Pinball makes a reasonably priced mod that helps ensure the balls hit the left flipper. It's quick and easy to install and I think it looks slick. Well worth it for me. The SDTM feed that used to happen to me was super-frustrating/annoying.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

1 month later
#17195 1 year ago

I'm sure this is a dumb question (please be kind!), but with respect to code updates I'm a few updates behind. If I want to catch up to the newest code, can I just install the latest update or do I need to install every incremental update between my current code (which is just two versions behind) and the most recent one?

Thanks!

3 months later
#19527 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiz71:

Hi everybody. I just received my Godzilla Premium, and after 3 games the building was getting stuck trying to "raise" back up causing the stepper motor to grind and make loud noises. It appears that that one of the corners of the building hits the metal lip/flange that sits close to the opening. We tried the software adjustments and tried the manual adjustments by turning the nylon nuts in the front in both directions (like the owner's manual states), but no luck. Is there something else I should try? Any help/advice/suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. This is my first Stern machine and I love it. I am just bummed that I have this issue that I can't seem to understand how to fix
-Scott

I had this problem and the fix ultimately was just lubricating the mechanism. We attempted the same things as you before landing on what was probably the simplest and most obvious solution. Try that and see if it fixes it for you. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbenson13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.