IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Could you imagine the money that rolls in today alone. I own a successful business but this is next level. Distributors saying is crazier then Mando launch. Congrats to Elwin and Stern for what looks like another win!

No sorry but nothing was crazier than the mando launch. Loads more hype leading up. We're talking mando and Godzilla here... one of those themes is well not so big.

3 months later
#5169 2 years ago

Im not sure why super trains can't be added to the pro with tweaked rules due to having to alternate ramps. Its simple coding at little to no cost to give it to the pro owners.

#5171 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I do agree that GZ pro is a very fun and very smooth shooting pin and going that route vs paying over MSRP for a Premium/LE is a good move.
I don't agree that the pro provides the same gameplay as the Premium/LE.
It is close, but you are missing out on some pretty cool mechs that add to the immersion and open up changes in strategy.
The building being able to change the return to the flippers adds to different ways you can approach Kaiju battles, and is pretty exciting. Things like Super Trains are something you can do on the Premium/LE that isn't possible on the pro. We might see more of that in future code updates.
I mean, would Medevial Madness be the same with a static castle that didn't do anything? How about Attack from Mars with a saucer that didn't shake and move? They would still be amazingly fun games, but they wouldn't be as revered as they are today without thoses mechs doing what they do.
Make no mistake, I am big fan of GZ pro... I just wouldn't be so quick to discount the Premium/LE as being the same game until you get a decent amount of time on it.

I've yet to see anyone whilst playing a pro do anything other have a blast... definitely haven't seen anyone stop and go hey this is missing shit... pass.

3 weeks later
#6307 2 years ago

So I'm gathering the general consensus is the premium is worth the extra. But is the pro good bang for buck? Just asking any current pro owners as it really would be a stretch for me to obtain the premium version at present.

6 months later
#13733 1 year ago
Quoted from fkane:

My premium has been doing strange things lately. Sometimes a second ball will fire shortly after starting a ball for no apparent reason, and sometimes it goes dark and the flippers stop responding for no reason, like it does when you fail the oxygen destroyer. It's fine again once the ball drains.
I'm guessing my shaker motor shook something loose, but the plugs on the ball trough seem OK. Anyone run into this and know where to start looking?

Shaker motors indirectly cause a lot of issues. I stopped using them some time ago. Think about it. If someone walked up to your game and started shaking the crap out of it, you wouldn't be thinking its doing the game any good.

#13803 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you own an Elwin pin and do not shake the shit out of it every time you play it, you need to develop some anger management issues like the rest of us.

Who is us? I have tilt bob set standard and nudge to the games limits. A shaker is a different story. personal choice and each to their own. Whenever er i get an le i switch the stupid things off. If you like them that's awesome.

3 months later
#17288 1 year ago
Quoted from brian36chambers:

Hi All, I need some advice. I got the mazer cannon mod from Mezel mods but it is too huge and looks a bit out of place. I love that it lights up but that’s it. Any suggestions for want to replace it with? Also I got the art of pinball saucer but prefer sleals so I now have an extra saucer any suggestions on what to do with it? Or if anyone is interested in purchasing it let me know. Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately a lot of people get sucked in with buying all that 3d printed or model crap from mezel that adds absolutely nothing to gameplay. Look I get it, its your game so do what you want but the fact is these mods these guys peddle are way overpriced and usually look like shit... added to that is a simple fact you won't get your money back on resell. A lot of hobbiests prefer a game stock, and only pay for quality mods like audio etc, not all this 3d printed garbage. Here's my gz prem with a couple of spotlights and $2 light strips added. All in all around $30 on the playfield ... and it looks clean and not cluttered with shite!! Maybe needs a set of mirrors to finish it off.

20221205_194724 (resized).jpg20221205_194724 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#21225 11 months ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Quick fix: Skillshot Gate Externder
A spring from a ballpoint pen was used to extend the gate. Works perfect.[quoted image]

Its not a fix, the gate isn't broken. Game was designed this way, play it as it lies or play better.

#21228 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Incorrect. Mine could hit the gate and it stilll wouldn’t trigger it from time to time, they are toys, do what you want with them. Who cares?

Exactly what my play it as it lies statement meant... you play it as it is and not worry about it. You seem to care more if something doesn't work as you think it should. So going back to your question... who cares? You do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.