PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaylar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13768 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Sounds exactly like my issue with the building opto. It did not always register fast balls, it got worse quickly and stopped registering at all in game. In switch test i was able to register the opto mostly bit also got worse... i tried taping it like sigested here, didnt help.
I changed the receiver with a new one and everything was fine, catching every ball no matter how fast it is.

Have the same issue with the building opto not registering fast balls on my brand new Premium. Where did you get the new receiver? Is there a part-number for it?

#14042 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Joined the club today!
I want to add some additional lighting as the red modes get pretty dark but beyond that, it plays really great out of the box. Haven't had to make any adjustments yet. The glass is SUPER tight. Having to force it in tight. I loosened the rail screws a bit as suggested, but just barely helped.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
[quoted image]

My glass was also supertight initially but loosened up after a while.

#14043 1 year ago

Anyone contemplating Comet pinball's warm white leds and can't decide on clear vs frosted. It's quite a big difference. See pictures below where left slingshot is clear and right frosted.
20220819_181516 (resized).jpg20220819_181516 (resized).jpg20220819_181639 (resized).jpg20220819_181639 (resized).jpg

#14059 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Which do you prefer? From the photo, brightness is similar, but the frosted seems much warmer. I just did the warmer on mine and am pretty happy with it.
One thing I recommend is picking up these, to replace the metal washers under those slingshot plastics. just next time you're placing an order from one of these vendors (makes a huge difference imo)
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134
[quoted image]

I went with frosted for now. Looks a lot like old time pinball games with incandescent lamps. Very warm and cosy. Colors look great. The clear warm whites look great too but not as warm and soft to the eyes as frosted.

#14099 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

See my post above for where I got replacement (Pinball Life) and follow the link to my earlier post that shows the part number...

Thanks. I've ordered replacement optos. While waiting I checked the VUK opto and it works flawlessly when testing, even fast movement. Is there another opto that can cause balls not registered when entering the building?

1 week later
#14426 1 year ago

Need some help. Have had my Premium for two weeks and out of the box had problems with the building not always detecting balls entering the VUK. As suggested in this thread I completely replaced the opto in the VUK with a new transmitter and receiver. I was sceptical as the "old" opto was working fine when testing it. The problem is still occouring. About every five times a ball enters the VUK it isn´t detected and stays in the trough. Eventually the game goes to ball search, where as the VUK-coil sends the ball up to the top. Sometimes the game recognise the ball in this situation and sometimes not (making the game go further into ball search which results in the balls on top of the building going SDTM).

Are there more optos involved that I need to check? Is it possibly something else?

#14429 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

On the pinball show podcast they just talked about the same issue. It sounds like the ball when it comes to rest not fully breaking the beam and keeping the opto closed. I think he mentioned the gap from the subway to the vuk being the issue.

I was thinking about something like that, but thought the space was too narrow. When inspecting more carefully I now realise it can actually be just about enough for the ball to stay out of the opto-beam. In order to shorten the space I went ahead and bent the lip where the ball comes down into the subway (se Photo 1) and moved the entire subway further towards the VUK-kicker (se Photo 2). First try worked fine with three balls in a row. I will report back after more testing!
Photo 1Photo 1Photo 2Photo 2

Added 17 months ago:

UPDATE: My problems got 99% solved by the solution.

Alternative solution which doesn't require moving the trough: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/316#post-7199283

#14444 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

6” figure 20 bucks if anyone is interested [quoted image]

Only a Godzilla mother could love him

#14490 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I was thinking about something like that, but thought the space was too narrow. When inspecting more carefully I now realise it can actually be just about enough for the ball to stay out of the opto-beam. In order to shorten the space I went ahead and bent the lip where the ball comes down into the subway (se Photo 1) and moved the entire subway further towards the VUK-kicker (se Photo 2). First try worked fine with three balls in a row. I will report back after more testing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

After a whole lot of played games I can now confirm that the solution above solved my problems with the building VUK-trough not detecting the ball. VERY happy to play the game without issues. First game after the fix resulted in 777 million points, which was a huge step up. What an absolutely awesome pinball machine - pretty close to perfect IMO!

#14517 1 year ago

The slingshots on my new Premium have started to autofire without the ball being close. Any suggestions?

1 week later
#14736 1 year ago

When playing I often get the call out "Godzillas heatray is ready - press action button to charge" but when I press the action button nothing happens (and it is not lit). Anyone else get this?

#14749 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

It lights only when you are in modes even when ready. Then you have to hold it down for a couple seconds when you want to use it.

Ok, that explains it. A bit confusing with the callout when in fact you can't use it yet.

1 week later
#14941 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

After having GZ in the house for 5 weeks, my 12 year old just got to Planet X with 5.4B. Happy for him but damn I am never going to match that!

Great job! Wish my kids were even remotely interested in pinball.

#14982 1 year ago

Just played a couple of games on the new code. Jesus this game is fantastic. Keith what have you done?!!!

#15079 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Replacing coil stops. And one of the screws was already broken.
Since this is a US size (and I am in Europe), can someone tell.me what size screw this is? And if you have a link, much appreciated [quoted image]

I wonder the same thing. Probably one of those 65/124 of an inch

#15090 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

My first experience with a Stern pin updating the code via WiFi (I have 4 JJP pins and all update via WiFi). Anyway, I powered up Godzilla, went to the service menu, network, software update, and realized that the pin had already started downloading the new code as soon as I powered up. once it finished, I went to update software and that was it. No glitches or problems at all which was welcomed news as I just had to replace my water heater that busted in the night

Same here. Worked flawlessly and so nice not having to mess with a computer and USB-sticks. Well done Stern!

#15126 1 year ago

Can just say this game really needs to be exactly correct balanced to play right. Was 0.3 degrees off left to right and it made a really noticable difference when adjusted.

#15150 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone having problems with the building vuk not registering after the latest update?
Ours is very intermittently not registering the ball in the vuk so waits till ball search and game gets kinda funky afterwards.
You can feed it manually 20 times in a row during switch test without issue - but still every few games in real play it fails after making the lock shot through the building and relies on the ball search.
Behavior is new this week. Nothing looks odd about the optos and tests fine during switch test.

Had the same issue and this worked for me: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/289#post-7109591

2 weeks later
#15516 1 year ago
Quoted from Jony:

this post has just pushed me over the edge to purchase a gz prem... my only issue is the theme (and art package) which I don't love...

I didn't like the theme either, but now I am a proud owner of a premium and love it!

#15643 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

After 2 days of play i can say that there are some really frustrating parts of the game.
The auto-shooter is awful. Quite literally 9 times out of 10 it shoots up to the magnagrab thing and then goes down the middle. It’s usually on the 3rd or 4th free ball that we finally get to play. We have switched to using the manual shooter even though it is not very strong
Same for the building multiball. Every single time -every time! All the balls roll straight down the middle, its just comical and then we have to wait for them to be shot out again so we can start shooting.

Even though it's annoying, the balls are supposed to go STDM when released from the building. It's because Stern wanted to avoid shots getting stuck while the building raises up.

#15718 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

the hardest shot in the game is hitting the tail whip on purpose.
In fact, I think it might be the hardest normal shot in modern pinball. Is there another with a lower percentage success rate?

The SIM-card shot in Dialed In is harder IMO.

1 month later
#16783 1 year ago

Hell yea!!!

1 week later
#17056 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I watched some of the DeadFlip stream of the Godzilla 1.0 last night, popped up in my YouTube recs.
I haven't touched a new game since Keith's Jurassic Park, just out of the new pinball loop since the pandemic really.
I'm afraid to play Godzilla, because I might want one if I do.

Be afraid, be very afraid

#17085 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The Godzilla craze is real! I just smile walking by mine. Fast and furious, unique shots and buttery smooth.

This. When GZ was released I wasn't wowed at all. Especially didn't like the theme. Boy was I wrong. Absolutely next level game. The geometry is unbelievably good. The code is amazing. Love my Premium!

#17296 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Unfortunately a lot of people get sucked in with buying all that 3d printed or model crap from mezel that adds absolutely nothing to gameplay. Look I get it, its your game so do what you want but the fact is these mods these guys peddle are way overpriced and usually look like shit... added to that is a simple fact you won't get your money back on resell. A lot of hobbiests prefer a game stock, and only pay for quality mods like audio etc, not all this 3d printed garbage. Here's my gz prem with a couple of spotlights and $2 light strips added. All in all around $30 on the playfield ... and it looks clean and not cluttered with shite!! Maybe needs a set of mirrors to finish it off.
[quoted image]

I disagree. The cityscape buildings make the game look awesome IMO. Sure, some of their stuff is overpriced and you often have to "tweak" the mods to make them fit your machine, but man I think mezelmods is a great source for mods.

#17351 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

My 5yo, two 10yos, and 13yo all enjoy it every day. Premium

So wish my kids enjoyed pinball (6,11,13). But they start a game and won't even play three balls. Just totally uninterested.

#17458 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just order from Doug.This will ship Fast most likely.

I ordered the acrylic only from Doug and it shipped really fast.

1 week later
#17735 1 year ago

How good is Pinstadium on Godzilla? Must have or just nice to have?

3 weeks later
#18318 1 year ago

Finally broke 1 billion tonight (1,426,941,470). Totally awesome experience!

Regarding Insider Connected, is there a way to see exactly what I accomplished in a specific game?

#18326 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It would be crazy cool to get a log of individual games in some fidelity that makes sense. Like all shots or modes you made in order and the score along the way.

My thoughts exactly. Would be really cool to evaluate strategies and also sometimes you aren't sure exactly what was going on and how far you progressed (that's why I was curious).

3 weeks later
#18763 1 year ago

I've got them and they are awesome. Here with acrylic city scape from Doug as they didn't have them when I ordered. Delivery was under two weeks when I ordered back in July.

#18784 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Disclaimer
For the record I could be totally wrong! This is just my opinion.
I’ve had my Godzilla a month I love it ; but how can a game released so soon be the top game of all time that is super inflated it seems? ;
Think of any “other” field where the top of anything of “all time” is brand new lol (could be bad analogy);
I mean come on people pinball has been around a while;
also there aren’t really that many ranks on the database to my surprise only 151k ratings total for all games on all of pinside that’s not a lot worldwide at all ;
I enjoy Mando and AIQ just as much or more then Godzilla; I actually like Mando better than GZ currently and AIQ way way better haven’t touched my GZ since I got AIQ
I think Elwin is a great addition to stern but to me it appears his Ego needs a little bit of a check(from how he holds himself) cause I’m not a fan of his attitude from some interviews
I believe he just got real lucky with the initial success of Godzilla ;
but I feels over time the game will settle to its rightful place. But he seems a wee bit eh from what I’ve heard of him.
It doesn’t help that all the people that interview are fan boys that don’t help his ego in the right way…. Just treat the guy like a normal guy .
But to say a game this this new is #1 cause of 850 or 900 ratings seems confusing ??? to
;
I’m just stating my personal opinion and just looking anyone agrees or has any feedback on this ..not trying to start any argument so that will be ignored
just looking for a nice discussion about this.
And guys I LOVE GZ
Maybe I need more time on it ??? I’ve got 700 plays

I don't share your opinion. GZ is indeed a very unique game, especially when it comes to the geometry of the shots, the implementation of mechs and magnets and the code package including call outs and music. Best game ever? I'm not sure but I have a hard time thinking of anything better at the moment. Haven't experienced KE as having a bad attitude at all. If you know a bit about designing pinball machines you will know that GZ is the result of a tremendous amount of hard work, not luck. The hype is very well deserved.

1 month later
#19991 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I've lit Monster Zero like three or four times now...
I swear I can't hit the building to save my life when it's lit. I've only successfully started it once LOL.
Is it just me? I'm decent with the same shot for Oxygen Destroyer but I guess the Monster Zero pressure gets to me.

You just need to calm down, cradle the ball and put it there. My jinx is the left ramp in certain modes, just can't hit the darn thing in 20 tries

3 weeks later
#20570 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Pinball uses the word "spot" (as in "I'll spot you 5 points" in a game - I'll give you 5 points for free)...but as the rules show "collect" is much clearer word!

Totally agree. I've also been hesitant as to what "spot" meant. "Collect" would be much better to use in games.

1 month later
#21564 11 months ago

Stern sure screwed us all with that joke of a topper. Who ever said go on the concept definitely lacks any interest in pinball.

#21861 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Why the zip ties? Looks like gz is secure up there without it

The playfield version might be stored like that so it's easier to just leave it on.

#21887 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

My God?
The Mando topper price bitch is justified !

Stern delivering a zip-tied playfield Godzilla and some leds for 1000$ as a topper for maybe their greatest game ever should render some bitching too.

#21995 10 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Probably not the most objective forum to ask, but I have an Elwin JP premium and I’m thinking of adding a Godzilla premium as a second machine. I’ve played Godzilla and have loved it. I’m curious if these two machines make a good pair. JP is more of a shooters machine so for casuals that play it there can be some challenge. It feels like GZ is more accessible for the most part with longer ball times.
What do you all think?

I had a JP premium but never really clicked with it. Godzilla has a much better geometry and flow. Love Godzilla.

#22105 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't really bitch about it, but I don't like it any more after seeing that and don't know why anyone's opinion would have changed.

It looks better in Zachs video but we're still getting a**f****d.

#22286 10 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Please add toppers that received NO additional modes with purchase. What a ripoff lol

Stern charging that much (for that thing) and not even release the code for it after people waited 2,5 years is unbelievable. Can't everybody see which finger Stern is holding up to us customers?

1 week later
#22729 10 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Yeah, just hoping for some video support too. From the instructions it looks fairly involved but maybe it isn’t as bad once you’re in there.

I installed the full package from Stumblor and it is very involved. I'm an experienced modder but it was a bit of work, especially getting the wires through the pop bumper holes. If you're not an experienced modder I would recommend getting help from a friend who is. At least make sure to have a lot of time to do it and go slow. Definitely worth the effort though, it's an absolutely awesome mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaylar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.