PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamwin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#806 2 years ago

LE should arrive this week so I'm getting ready to apply some of the usual protective measures for a NIB game. Curious, I thought I recalled seeing somewhere, no clue where, that with the magna-grab magnet , it could cause accelerated wear on the PF in that area. Not sure if it's true or not but was thinking about slapping some mylar around that area like I would in the shooter lane. Does anyone see any downside to doing this around that magnet. I could see how the repetitive nature of the ball hanging and moving back and forth on the magnet could create a trail but wanted to get y'alls thoughts. Seems like putting a cheap piece of mylar couldn't hurt anything.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and insights.

#968 2 years ago

LE just arrived. Wondering your thoughts on placing mylar on the section of PF where the balls drop for MB. Looks like Stern placed some mylar where the ball drops from the bridge but not in the area they drop for MB. Thoughts? TIA

gz2 (resized).jpggz2 (resized).jpg
#971 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you can never use too much mylar on ball drops.

Thx! Admittedly, I misspoke, there is a small piece of mylar over the jackpot insert. Assuming this is the main landing area for the balls. I did put a piece of mylar around the magna grab area where the dotted line are located on PF. Thx again.

#989 2 years ago

Put about a dozen plays on mine today, plays fantastic. Feels like an Elwin pin but is more forgiving in my opinion. I love that the slings don’t fire the balls into the outlanes like some other pins. I have no idea what I’m doing strategy wise but it lives up to the hype. I placed the machine in the middle of my game room so the kids can stand on the sides to see the PF better so I haven’t spent a lot of time leveling it because this isn’t the final resting spot but, has anyone noticed during MB the balls go SDTM without a strong nudge? That would be my only concern so far, can be nudged to save some balls but curious if anyone else experiencing this. Similar to GOTG GROOT MB but they still shot out without a straight line trajectory down the middle. TIA

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Did you play the Pro before receiving the LE? Are the mechs worth it?

i played the pro first and after playing LE today, IMO, the mechs make it better for sure.

#1022 2 years ago

Just setup Insider Connected, looking at the code on it, says .79 installed but on Stern site says .80 is current. When the machine looks for latest update it is saying .79 is current. Anyone else seeing this?

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yes. Did you register your machine yet? Should be good to go shortly thereafter (within a few minutes but maybe not immediately).

thanks, yes, that was the issue. I registered it but took a minute to connect everything. Downloading update now. Thanks man.

1 week later
#1897 2 years ago

Just had mine freeze and restart during bridge Mb. Screen was on the “New York” city scape image then froze and restarted. Of course I was having my best game yet….

1 month later
#4644 2 years ago

Thought I’d share strategy, might already be in this thread but, for battling Gigan, have ball lock lit. It lowers the building one level and will divert all right ramp shots back to the left flipper and you can burn that right ramp quickly. Otherwise, you’ll have to alternate ramps or ski pass to other flipper and the left ramp is tight to hit. Additionally, with only 60 seconds, it’s pretty challenging to alternate ramps and with the slow return on the wire forms, makes it even harder to do in 60 seconds. Being able to consistently hit the right ramp and feed back to left flipper makes it the easiest battle imo. Hope this helps.

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For sure. Let’s talk gameplay. I still haven’t gotten sick of just hitting lit shots, but trying to come up with some game plans.
I like to start with the spinner mode Ebirah. Then leave Tokyo so I can play another battle, then unlock tier 2 modes.
Usually flame out before getting to 3rd or 4th cities, and I’m always distracted by saucers. Haha. I love shatzing the right inlane to the pop for 2 hits instead of one and the saucer attack MB is super cool.

I have been starting with Ebirah as well, fewest shots to hit but, after discovering that "ball lock lit" feeds my left flipper, the right ramp is the easiest to hit for me.

Once you complete a battle, how do you start the next one? Is it by hitting more ramps? i've play multiple battles but not sure how I got to the next one because by that time, the playfield is opened up and I've hit so many shots, I can't pin point what lights the next battle.

#4652 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More ramps yes. However, not sure if fully defeating a monster gives you any bonuses like lighting the next ball right away. And I’m on the pro, so no ball locks. Haha

Ahh got it, does the right ramp feed back to the left flipper on the Pro? I played the Pro in the wild before I got my LE and it's still a great layout, can't go wrong either way. Not to reignite the flames of Pro v. Prem v. LE , lol. Let's keep talking game strategy.

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to play this mode more. I suck at the ramps. Oh and the left spinner. I’m like 1/10 success rate on the left spinner. Haha

left spinner is a kick in the nuts but man it feels good when you rip it. that sounded weird lol, but agree, that spinner is tough which is why I started moving on to other battles first and discovered the Gigan strategy. Still not sure if hitting ramps starts the next battle though, i've hit the ramps a lot and battle isn't lit for the second battle.

for mods, doesn't really need a lot of mods but I got the Lermods tesla coil mod and imo, is a must add and matches the coils in the game. their subtle but look really cool when you rip the tesla spinner.

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i am either dead on, and can rip all three and defeat ebirah pretty quickly, but if i am off, and i can tell as soon as the ball leaves the scoop, i waaaaayyy off and cant hit any of them. one of my many love/hate relationships with this pin. but still a freaking blast!!

agree, i know as soon as i hit the flipper if it's going to brick or hit the left spinner. i've been trying to hit it first and move the stress of hitting it to the beginning and not the end when the clock is running down. i like that you can back hand the right spinner if needed. Also, finding that backhanding the scoop once you cradle the ball on right flipper is easy and safe.

#4662 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Yeah but if you're not combo-ing the ramps, you're missing at least 50%-60% of the scoring opportunity for the mode. I think it works out to getting something like 2x-3x more for the combo shots vs repeating one ramp.
You light another battle after defeating a monster by switching city and then hitting both ramps again.
If you got halfway through beating the monster, I believe you can switch city and start another battle immediately at the same time, without re-ramping, as battle is already lit. I wonder if that is a glitch or mistake that might change though... Seems to me like if you choose to change city and not continue the current battle you should have to re-light a battle, but maybe it's intentional.

that makes sense that switching cities, then hitting ramps lights the next battle because I've hit the scoop plenty of times and moved on to the next city and it didn't allow me to choose a battle. make sense to hit ramps to light it. thanks bro

#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Do you guys have this extra divited metal in the shooter lane? The ball off the plunge seems to catch air at times and wedge under mecas arm. Seems like it's covering a square cutout. Did stern just cover a mistake and now there is a edge for the ball to hit and lift?
[quoted image]

YES!! this has been happening more than usual lately for mine. Didn't have any issues first month or so, then all of sudden over the last week it has been happening. And they get wedged in there far enough to where I can't nudge it out so I have to take off the glass. Very frustrating when you have a good game going and autoplunges a ball into his armpit. Will have to check alignment on plunger rod, makes sense it could be out of alignment because I don't know why it would all of a sudden start happening and not from when I opened it.

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Left ramp and left spinner are tough shots for me. Don't even mention the right scoop so close to the pop bumper! Also, can't tell you how many times the ball fires out of the scoop, I try to catch it with the left flipper bat and it goes directly to the left outline..... monster wins and the Xilians take over the world all due to my sucky play!

try cradling with right flipper, and backhand into scoop. take a bit of finesse has to roll up the flipper at just the right speed(slow) but it's very safe and repeatable once you figure it out.

3 weeks later
#6076 2 years ago

Anyone have the Mezel mods Maser Cannon installed? Curious how much it darkens things since it replaces the spot. I love the way it looks but not sure I want to sacrifice illuminating PF for installing the cannon. thanks in advance.

#6080 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I thought it uses the spotlight ....basically its an extention?

from what I can see, it does have an LED in it but it’s not an actual spot light and is a blue tip that doesn’t appear to emit much illuminating light, which is my concern.

3 weeks later
#7355 2 years ago

Might have been mentioned in the past but worth making sure the screw circled in the pic is not coming lose. Had mine since October and it was almost all the way lose and about to fall out. Likely from the bridge hitting the plastic and shaking it lose over time. Worth adding to you maintenance schedule.

IMG_5653 (resized).jpgIMG_5653 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamwin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.