PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider izzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks good, still want to see a VUK protector, do you know if he is working on that Brian?

And a scoop protector/

3 weeks later
#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

YES! Awesome! I bought this figure because I thought it looked best with Zombie Yeti’s artwork! Wasn’t sure if it’d fit as far as size, but I loved the old school look of it, and the mix of Green colors used. Almost bought a different one but once I saw this one, I just knew it’d be perfect! Now I know I made the right choice!!! Will be putting it in this week! A couple questions. Is the heat ray effect just lights reflecting or you got a light under it somehow? Love the look! Also, How’d ya secure yours? Last question…do you just take the old one out still attached to the plastic? Thanks for posting!
Here’s a few pics I took of him messing around when I got it last weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Which GZ figure is this and where did you get it?
thx

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey I got mine from mercari. You can get it anywhere…eBay, Amazon. It’s normally around 40.00 and up…so if you find it cheaper it’s a good deal. I only paid 30.00 plus shipping.
It’s a NECA Godzilla 1956 poster version
There are other versions but I liked the way this one sorta kept it old school and yet looked more similar to Zombie Yeti’s art package, than other versions.
[quoted image]

Perfect.
thx

#4342 2 years ago

My Premium arrived late yesterday. Did a quick setup, including inspecting the underside for problems. Plays great right out of the box. Need to clean the playfield, very dusty, and ad some mods.
Has anyone else noticed that the clearcoat appears to be very thin? My Guardians seems thicker.
Grt game, looking forward to putting it into the line up.

#4346 2 years ago

Definitely going to wax the PF. Has anyone replaced or made a plastic that seems to be breaking on the Prem/Le when the bridge drops. The plastic over the captive ball. Is there a way to do it without taking the bridge apart? Is anyone planning on making a clear protector to put on top of the existing plastic?

#4347 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Stern quality control is like a lottery, some games have good clear, some don't. I have 2 games made in 2017 that both have thicker clear than games made in 2018 and 2020. In home use, though, it likely isn't going to matter or wear down. My IMDN was routed, has 8000 plays and doesn't have the best clear on it but still looks and shoots fine.
Don't overthink it and enjoy your game!

Thx, waxing, keeping the PF and balls clean should do the job. Thx for the input.

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Playfield-Protectors and a few other European companies have complete sets of plastic protectors, but it was pointed out that placing a plastic protector on top of the existing playfield plastic will just raise the impact zone, thereby making it even TIGHTer... (Update: see preceding post )
A simple solution that... someone (can't recall who) posted was to take a small piece of target foam, use scissors/blade to make it half as thick, and place it on top of the impact spot. I tried that as well, and it seems to work quite well as a practical solution, and since the art on the plastic is of crumbling mortar, it doesn't really clash, either.

I think a clear protector on top would work if it is a polycarbonate type plastic. They tend to absorb impact. I wish all plastics were made of this. Pretty sure they wouldn't break in a game.

#4500 2 years ago

How much harder is it to address the

Quoted from PinKopf:

Yep, just finished adding a bit of Mylar and washer to mine - similar scuffing/damage.
I also went ahead and added washers under both bolts on the opposite side magnet rail and a think piece of Mylar also. That rail has a folded bit that I theory should prevent most cuting into the clearcoat, but the is a bit at the end that still to me like like it could scuff. I'm debating if those washers on side are a good idea.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much harder is it to address this issue on the Prem/LE. Bridge is more complicated than the Pro.

#4528 2 years ago

Bump

Putting washer under metal guide rail at the captive ball and magnet.
How much harder is it to address this issue on the Prem/LE. Bridge is more complicated than the Pro.

1 week later
#5040 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Got around to painting my Godzilla bank. Looks better in person. Pictures make it look brighter than it is. Really happy how it turned out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. What brand or type of paint did use that sticks to plastic?
thx
izzy

#5042 2 years ago

Perfect.
thx

2 weeks later
#5938 2 years ago

I see a lot of talk about flipper coil fade, anybody have shooter lane coil fade? Mine just did, I turned the power up and that helped a bit. I'll let it sit for a while and see if that helps.

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

These are all great suggestions and I’ll add one more that I haven’t seen mentioned yet. I have found that the return spring on the plunger is weak on all my Sterns. I believe this can make the auto launch inconsistent due to the mech not being returned to the same state each time after launching the ball.
I have yet to find a good replacement spring (I usually try a couple new ones each time I order parts). In the meantime I stretch the stock spring out a bit and put it back in the mech. Seems to help quit a bit. Something easy to try.

Late night. Still too early for me to try all of the suggestions, but I did notice that the return spring was very weak. The soldered connection looked good, was working fine until all of a sudden a big drop off in power.

#6023 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I had what might be a similar issue on my Jurassic Park. Game would start out fine with auto launch strength but then the launcher power would start to get crazy weak after a very short time. I powered down and then turned it back on awhile later. Same thing happened - started out fine then progressively got way weaker.
At first I replaced the coil sleeve and jiggled on the coil plunger and that fixed it. But then about a week later it happened again. So that time I jiggled & pushed on & reseated all the connection points from the coil to the board and it instantly went back to being 100% strength. It must have been a loose connection somewhere along that line causing it, but I don't know for sure which spot was the issue since I pushed on them all before testing it again. It fixed the issue though, and it's never happened again since then.
If this is similar to what you're experiencing then I'd suggest working a bit on each connection point from the auto launcher to the board to see if it resolves. Here's a post I made about it in the JP forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/93#post-5491214

Thx, that's a good strategy.

2 weeks later
#6635 2 years ago

I have a set of the Tesla Towers by Diddy. For the folks that installed them all facing forward with the back right one hanging over the ramp, have you had that arm break or feel like it will eventually get hit by the ball? I set mine up per instructions, but i like the other look better. Here is a photo (not of my game or taken by me) of the recommended setup.
thx

aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzIvY2QvMDkvMmNkMDlmNmU2ZWRjYTMxODgxM2QwNTI1ODQyMDRlY2I4ZWMxMWMwMi5qcGVn (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzIvY2QvMDkvMmNkMDlmNmU2ZWRjYTMxODgxM2QwNTI1ODQyMDRlY2I4ZWMxMWMwMi5qcGVn (resized).jpg
#6694 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Here’s mine. Works great. No issues.[quoted image]

How did you attach the back right tower?
thx

#6726 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Double-sided tape. Works well and no issues after hundreds of plays.

I was thinking of going that route> Didn't want to drill a hole in the plastic.
thx

#6730 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Another approach someone mentioned was cut out a piece of thin flat plastic from say a milk jug, 3M tape or similar to connect to the Tesla tower base then drill the hole in the flat plastic.

Thx

4 weeks later
#7965 2 years ago

What is the difference between the quick and full code install? I got an invalid message on the full code install. Going to download again and use a different flash drive.
thx

#7973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I *think* the quick just doesn't do the verify step.

Thx. I tried it again, Prem. version, new flash drive, same result. Invalid SPK. Quick version installed no problem, but not the full version.

#7984 2 years ago

Received my Mezel Mods middle building today. Also installed Godzilla's tail.

IMG_0890 (resized).jpgIMG_0890 (resized).jpg
#8011 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Love the tail! Which figure are you using there?

Thx.On Ebay Godzilla Diamond Select Figure 2020 Totto 1974 Bank Movie Retro
ebay.com link: Godzilla Diamond Select Figure 2020 Totto 1974 Bank Movie Retro

#8023 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Says 10" though. Isn't that too big?? Perfect tho

You have to cut him down to roughly 6.5" and cut off his tail also need to shave off part of his right elbow and carve out part of the bottom for the switch below him. I hope that helps. He is mounted with velcro if anyone wants to see what that looks like. Also made a larger piece of plexi for him to stand on. Same with the tail.

#8027 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Sounds like more work than need be to me, but. I like the look of this figure best from what i've found so far. Just want one that will fit without cutting and shaving here and there. Who know's, maybe....Thanks..

No problem. I get it. there are some that fit without modification. They have been mentioned previously in this forum.

3 weeks later
#8868 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

That tail looks sweet. Your mod really gives godzilla a sense of scale that works

Thx

3 weeks later
#9735 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Those that have received their Flamin' Frames speaker lights, when did you order? Just trying to gauge where the orders are now. I put in on 2/7.

I placed mine 1/24 and have not received mine.

1 week later
#10088 1 year ago

Anybody else notice the rubbers get black residue really fast? I removed the stock rubbers day one with Titan's. I have replaced the balls and clean the PF regularly. Just seem to get dirtier than my other games. Probably play it 20 times a day.

#10114 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like the feel of the Pinball Life Perfect Play flipper rubber the best. I usually use the stock rubber for a week or two and then change over. Feel is very similar to me.
Superbands will last much longer for ring locations and I use them on all posts sleeves and small post rubber locations. They also stay cleaner. I do use a Superband flipper rubber on the upper left flipper on AIQ because it takes a beating and Superbands are the only style that will last.

Novus 1 on a microfiber towel will easily wipe off any black dust build up on the rubbers.

Not a problem cleaning them, just curious as to why they get dirty so quickly.

1 week later
#10359 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

Do you like the design on the Stern side armor? We are talking about making a run of them with the Kenji Japanese letters for Godzilla instead.

I'd like to see Godzilla with fire/atomic breath going at least half way up the armor like Mando or others.

#10441 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I ordered one of these speaker light kits back in mid January and still haven’t received any word. Anyone in a similar boat? I heard these take a while, but…
[quoted image]

You're not alone. +1

3 weeks later
#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So behind the translite, I used/taped a plastic sheet running from the top of the back box (midway front-to-back) to the metal bar in between the translite and the speaker panel. I then attached a 20- SMD warm white strip running at an angle behind Godzilla's fire breath, and 2 Comet fire post lights at the bottom left (at that area of a burning explosion). I then hooked these lights (with Comet matrix system and alligator clips) to the Red portion of GI and received a very nice effect.
I made a small YouTube video of the effect for those interested.

Nice. Behind the scene photo please.

1 week later
#11403 1 year ago

Got a tracking number for my city burning speaker lights mod. Jan. purchase. looking forward to installing them.

4 weeks later
#12431 1 year ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

Has anybody recently received their order from Doug? When did you order?

Got them 2 weeks ago, ordered mid-Jan. Worth the wait.

2 weeks later
#12907 1 year ago

Contact Klein. They have amazing customer service. You don't need your receipt. I've had several replaced over the years.

1 month later
#14586 1 year ago

Just played my first game with my new code on my Prem. I loaded 3 balls in the building and the first call-out said "It's MechaGodzilla". The rest seemed fine. Haven't played enough to notice the differences, wanted to post this before my addled 70 yr old brain forgot what I came inside for. Looking forward to exploring the new code.

2 weeks later
#15003 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

35+6 shipping. You’ll want one for the shooter lane switch too though IMO

I just installed the MRS switch replacements near the saucer and the upper left flipper. Game flows alot better.

#15004 1 year ago

Still ironing out the bugs on my topper. GZ dorsal fin glow and circling monster are switch activated and stay on for 30 seconds. Originally I planned on the flying monsters to be behind the plexi and the shaft hiding behind GZ. Ran out of ceiling height.

2 weeks later
#15511 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

for those having problems with usb updates, you have to use the left usb port, not the right one. you will need to remove the wireless adapter from the lefft port and insert your usb drive to being the update. strange that theyre not ambidextrous. but it works only on the left side port.

Mine has always worked on the right. Nov 2021 build.

2 weeks later
#16244 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For those who are interested in the dimensions, here is another version you can try:
thickness = 0.07 inch
[quoted image]

Is that stainless? Looks great, are you selling those?
thx

3 weeks later
#16838 1 year ago

Anyone else having trouble downloading the new code? I keep getting a "failed/retry" message. I've tried LE and Prem codes, same results.

1 week later
#17149 1 year ago

Should the magnet on the underside be loose? I guess not. How do you tighten it? The large nut and threaded screw? I thought they raised and lowered the metal core.
thx

#17217 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Mine is loose and someone on here said that is correct. I can freely spin mine in its bracket. The nut is tight but the magnet is free to spin.

That's how mine is.

1 week later
#17470 1 year ago

Is there a problem with the latest code 1.03.0? The destruction jackpot and locking balls in the building are not working. The playfield meter goes to full red and that's it. Doesn't matter how many times I hit the ramps or building.

#17475 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

No issues for me. Maybe you have a switch problem.

Are they optos? I'll take a look.
thx

5 months later
#22174 10 months ago

What about King Cesar? He is on the playfield but not any videos or game play. Maybe I haven’t gotten far enough in the game.

1 week later
#22466 10 months ago

I'm glad I made my own topper last year. Slightly interactive, in that if a certain switch is hit on the playfield, GZ spine glows, the other monsters fly and his fire breath is activated on the BG. I made my own fire breath mod as well.

IMG_3503 (resized).jpegIMG_3503 (resized).jpeg
#22470 10 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Very nice!! Great work.

Thx, I had a good time making it. The ship is actually the Titanic, from an arcade game. Picked it up at a pin flea market.

1 month later
#23696 8 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

The TILTTOPPER GZ version has not shipped yet. Spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and was told that they are making a few changes to the mounting system and they will be shipping very soon. As soon as I get mine (in first batch), I will post.

Funny, I was told the first batch shipped the 28th of last month.

"Our first batch of GZ toppers will begin shipping on Friday. The second batch will ship out in August. I’m not sure what group yours is in but you will receive an email shipping confirmation with tracking when it’s on the way. Did you appreciate your patience and will have your unit on its way ASAP. Please let me know if there’s anything else you need. Thanks -D"

www.tilttopper.con

7 months later
#27026 40 days ago

Anybody know where you can get the brackets to make home brew pinstadium lights be free standing, not attached to the side of the cabinet?

1 month later
#27323 4 days ago

Code question. Is there anywhere during game play or even the videos that King Cesar is featured? He is pictured right next to the pop bumper. Maybe I haven't gotten that deep into the game, or might there be another code release.

#27344 3 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Nothing since you last asked. he is MIA and I would not expect any significant changes added to this game.

Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider izzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=izzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.