PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groggyfrogface.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That poster is in PA, so it is likely that Automated or Cointaker is the distributor they are talking about.

I had a very good experience with Automated when I purchased my first machine. Seemed like good people.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:All aboard on the premium train! I wasn't even planning on buying a pin anytime soon, but Godzilla was my childhood favorite. It was an instant purchase. Still didn't seem like LE was worth the extra money.
Only going to be my 2nd pin, I've got an Iron Maiden Pro which I love. Also got a virtual pin cab I made but it don't count!

I'm with you! Decided I really don't need a guest room/office, but a game room/office. It will go nicely with the AC/DC BiBLE and the Lego Rollercoaster covered in Godzilla figures.

#242 2 years ago

Did anyone notice the Godzilla Pro manual hit Stern today under the game manuals?

1 week later
#347 2 years ago

I managed to change to an LE from the premium. My vendor ended up with one additional in their allotment, and well, I couldn't stop myself. I am beyond stoked. Cannot wait to STOMP!

But now I have to sell the shaker motor I bought...

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Any word on LE orders? Figured we would see some showing up very soon.

Woke up this morning wondering the same thing.

#520 2 years ago

I.just.can't....

A bit overwhelmed by the jealousy (and how lovely they all are)! Congratulations to everyone on unboxing day!

#580 2 years ago

Time to pay respect to the original (at least the American version):

https://drafthouse.com/show/gojira-4k-restoration

Already sold out in my neck of the woods so enjoy if you can catch it - Gojira, 1954, restored in all its brillance.

#600 2 years ago

New firmware just dropped... v0.80

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More magnet tweaking in 0.80 according to the readme.

Yes, - that really stuck out, didn't it? Hopefully it will help a bit more. I really appreciated your tests, tho.

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who did you order from? West coast games ordered thru local distributors not expected till towards end of month , which is what I was told when I ordered too.

Same here.

#910 2 years ago

Time to redecorate the gameroom walls! I do like a good woodblock print (you can find his shop on Etsy, too).

https://www.bigteddystudios.com/053204149098

Woodblock (resized).jpegWoodblock (resized).jpeg
#929 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Can I ask anybody to confirm that this is the correct PinPAC to use with GZ?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-4-stern-spike-spike2-headphone-kit-with-mute
Pretty sure this should be it, as it's a Spike 2, yes? And it uses their "type H" coin door?

So I learned a very interesting lesson when putting a Pinnovator kit into another machine (and I LOVE IT)... The door type came in about 3 different models and it did not matter if it was Pro, Premium, or LE from the sounds of it - I just assumed it was a certain type on all the machines. Sandra at Pinnovators reached out to me to reconfirm my choice and I am absolutely glad she did. I am waiting until Godzilla arrives before ordering, but it is the first thing up! For what it's worth, she was incredibly helpful in making sure what they sent out was 100% ready to roll. Very, very happy with the choice and with the customer service.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

ZillaLE #689 made it home to Cali. Hope to crack it open soon.

Jealous. I'm down the road and was told no earlier than the end of the month. This waiting is AWFUL. Darn glad to see they've made it to the west coast!

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Oh, that's interesting! Hmm... perhaps I should hold off then, until i see which coin door I get... Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, I had their PinSUB for my Stern Star Trek and loved it so much that I upgraded to the PinPAC to add that headphone support as well... Very excited to add this to the GZ; just picked up a cheap Polk PSW10 from Mercari (as the Stern Star Trek is headed downstairs, so I won't be able to use GZ and ST on the same sub...) Good times!

I just installed the entire kit, with headphone jack and volume control (PinPAC2), on my AC/DC (to the relief of my family). I will clarfiy that this is the faceplate for the control panel - i.e., where the dollar bill feeder would be, if that makes sense.

I really wish I would have installed this thing about 10 years ago. Even though the audio is not the "end-all-be-all" (there is an older thread about mono vs. stereo), I cannot believe what I was missing. Just wow - wow - wow. I can now clearly hear the constant berating by Steve Richie for my pitiful pinball skills - it's wonderful!

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Off work for two weeks and still no shipping info on my LE yet!!! I'll probably get a call for delivery date on first day back to work

Seems like my life of late. Maybe this week, maybe not, but hopefully someday soon. I feel if I call and bug my vendor again, he may hang up on me.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Looks like the LE run is finished and Stern has moved on to the Premium Godzilla.
I still have not heard from my Distributer on my LE. Anyone else still waiting on call from their distributor?

Raises hand.

I was told everything was expected to ship by October 30, so I'm hopeful I'll hear something today.

#1300 2 years ago

At least I'm not alone. It's good to have others who are just as anxious...

#1336 2 years ago

I got word earlier this afternoon ( ) that mine showed up on the loading bay this morning along with quite few others. I should see it tomorrow, but won't be able to get it out of the box until Friday when a mover can lug it up a flight of stairs.

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just got LE #852 from Orange County Pinballs, they set it all up and tested it, looking good!

And I waived at your machine as they dropped off mine (and very nice guys for sure)! It was like Santa showing up a few months early - a truck full of pinball machines. What a lovely sight.

Now waiting to get the movers to lug it up a few flights of stairs later in the week, but I did open the box and peek - because I couldn't resist. Everyone is right about the powder coat. The photos do not do it justice. Absolutely stunning.

#1484 2 years ago

QC when this machine arrived was pretty intense. The little one is waiting for multi-ball - her favorite place is laying on a leg for the vibration.

Whatever smells were on the box, they approved!

IMG_7175 (resized).pngIMG_7175 (resized).png
#1857 2 years ago

Finally got a chance to play and two things...

1) Technician alert for Switch #64 - VUK Exit Opto

2) The building does not go up or down

But it certainly looks beautiful...

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

2 questions.
#1 how strong should the upper flipper be? I know people talked about this earlier but is there a consensus? Should we be able to hit the ramp with it easily?
#2 How does Ebirah battle Godzilla in Paris? I mean, it’s a giant lobster right? Does somebody fly it in? Does it swim up the Sené?

Thank you for the good laugh....

1 week later
#2966 2 years ago

The new code - just wow! It took it to an entirely new level.

4 weeks later
#4847 2 years ago

Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... 51% and running....

After a day of dealing with Log4J updates across a lot of systems at work, this is the best news of the day - fun code!

#4930 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yessss, I’d be happy if every one of that guys callouts were replaced by an Asian accent

Yet, in an odd way, there is this weird satisfaction of bad callouts done just like the bad dubs done on the movies - they are awful. Somehow it all works.

#5108 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just dipping my toes into this game so far.
I have seen the newer Godzilla movie’s over the last 20 years or but don’t really remember the other monsters as well nor i have i ever seen the really old movies…i recall flashes of them as a small kid but that’s all.
Well, for you HBO Max folks, me and my son were scrolling through looking dor something to watch last night and there are a bunch of old Godzilla movies available. Those are definitely on my watch next plan!
Just thought some of you might like to know…

And I made the family suffer through every single one of them...

1 week later
#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 amazon.com link »

Same here. I had a few laying around that fell off of my cabinets. Since I was too lazy to put those back on with superglue, one ended up under the bridge.

1 week later
#6145 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

megalon is *rough*...i spent a week and a half just focusing on learning him

Finally today, but only after getting bridge, tank, and Mechgodzilla multiball. Ugh. If it wasn't for that, I'd still be trying.

#6340 2 years ago

Marco is with Harrison Drake today on Pintech Live! https://www.twitch.tv/marcopinball

#6512 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Binding (pull up, should give a little, if not, adjust)
Coil stop may be broken. Remove and inspect (visual inspection may not seem bad). Also, if you have gold dust in your cabinet below that flipper, that's a dead giveaway for a broken stop.

So the fact that it looks like a I might have struck gold is a dead giveaway? Who'd of thunk?!

You, sir, are brilliant. Off to buy some stops now!

#6515 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

do the sleeves, too, while you have it all open

Good call. Disappointing, but it is what it is.

#6571 2 years ago

And this is what happens when you get an air ball.... This is a new spot for me!

IMG_7850 (resized).JPGIMG_7850 (resized).JPG
#6595 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Not sure if this is the right place. I received a UPS notification stating that an item is on its way from Stern Pinball. It says it weighs 1#, but I'm not sure what it is. Is there a replacement part coming for Godzilla? I received a Godzilla Premium recently and the only thing I can think of is maybe it's a recalled part for Godzilla? Maybe the plastic under the bridge that users are reporting broken? I've had no issues with mine.

By chance did you sign up for Insider Connect All Access? Just a thought...

#6655 2 years ago

Question - does it seem like something should go here? Maybe a post sleeve instead?

IMG_7859 (resized).JPGIMG_7859 (resized).JPG
#6665 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Oxygen Destroyer Mod!

Well yes, I'll agree with that.

#6898 2 years ago

Question? I'm installing Cliffy's on the shooter lane, and would like to understand how to remove these threaded studs without doing something silly. Can anyone enlighten me?

IMG_7874 (resized).JPGIMG_7874 (resized).JPG
#6903 2 years ago

Thank you, all. Installed and ready to go!

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Remove the nut holding them in underneath and punch them out, they are in pretty snug.
Edit, sorry, just saw two others give the same response.

It's all good and thank you for chiming in! After looking at a playfield the other day that had seen better days, I can see why so many people insist on installing them before they drop the first ball.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The cliffy i was given for GZ doesnt fit that area unfortunately. Ended up just turning down eject

Have you reached out to him? He's fantastic about keeping in touch and answering questions.

#6911 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Would you take a pic and share how it looks in place? I did mine and have an piece that overlaps with a stud and want to see if I did something wrong or my piece isn't sized exactly right.

Let me know if you need additional - glad to assist. I was a bit confused on the outside shooter lane piece (the long one), but makes total sense once you look at it for a bit. I had another lane protector from Pinballlife that I put on the day the machine was set up so it's doubly protected.

IMG_7886 (resized).pngIMG_7886 (resized).pngIMG_7887 (resized).pngIMG_7887 (resized).png
#6915 2 years ago

Thanks. The part where I'm having issue is actually one that doesn't show in those two pics. For me, I have an overlap with the corner of the protector the bottom right part of the washer circled here:[quoted image]

Right here?

IMG_7888 (resized).JPGIMG_7888 (resized).JPG
#6917 2 years ago

Yup. Thank you. If you could do a zoom out that shows that and as much of what is below as you can fit, that would be great.

Like this?

IMG_7886 (resized).pngIMG_7886 (resized).png
#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Would you mind explaining to a noob what this mod is for? I want to protect my machine, how necessary is it?
TIA

Apinjunkie is dead on. Beyond the shooter lane, there are often weak points where the mylar (or whatever the playfield is made out of), will start pulling away from the wood. A great example is anyplace there is a ball eject, for example the Kaiju battles. In a lot of older machines, there was no "metal rim" around the portal and the playfield would get chewed up. Kind of a must have if you want to keep the playfield looking nice!

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl at iepinball is streaming the new Godzilla code tonight starting at 6pm PST. Both his beta stream earlier locked up a couple times, let's see if they fixed it for 0.90! He really gives the code a workout.
He's still giving away pinmonk fans and t-shirts on this and every stream this month. Get into the stream within the first 30 minutes and type !contest in the chat to get a link to the entry form for the contest. The contests are a guess relative to the night's stream achievements. Whoever comes closest wins. The winners are chosen later in the stream.
Stream is here, starting at 6pm:
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Thanks for sponsoring this. I had a fun time watching the first night (and I won!).

#7178 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Stern newbie here.
Is this the correct coil sleeve?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5076-01
Thanks in advance!

For? Flippers are different from slingshot are different from...

#7181 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

My bad! Flippers.

Here is the part you want:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5388-00 (but they're out)

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

And as I learned, replace the coil stops, too!

#7269 2 years ago

I am having issues with a roll-over gate, specifically #34, aka "Mecha Exit Bottom". As of a few days ago, I've had a number of instances where the ball will just stop and not roll-over the gate. You have to nudge the side of the machine to get it loose (and hard enough that it inevitably tilts). Nothing impeding under the playfield or on top (or so it seems), doesn't look bent or misaligned, and a switch test comes back ok. It's not with every ball, but enough to be irritating.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.41.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.41.19 AM (resized).png
#7300 2 years ago

I really like goats. I laughed and laughed and laughed - and wanted more goats.

#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

I've only done 6 as well, but my daughter has done 7. It's tougher then I would have thought!

6 here, too.

#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're not watching the playoffs at INDISC right now, you should be, if for nothing else than the mesmerizing play of Walt Wood. His wacky animated play style is ridiculously entertaining to watch, and he has the skills to match his play style as he's in the semifinals currently.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

That just made me happy - he was fantastic! That Doctor Who play will go down in history.

#7594 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Ok, I just checked and my two lower flippers are slightly below the alignment holes....less than 1/16th of an inch....pointing fractionally toward the bottom of the machine. Is this the droopy thing and should I adjust the flippers to be pointing squarely at the holes? Thanks.

I'd leave them like that. Compared to my other machines, it's the same - droopy. I'm ok with that because hitting that Mazer Cannon = good thing!

1 week later
#7766 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Off to the basement I go to fire it up and download!

The minute that email hit my inbox, the machine was on and downloading! 65, 64, 63%....

#7775 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

My machine keeps on aborting the download. I have to keep re-starting it. I guess a lot of people are hitting that server?

I bet you're right! I'm updated, so off to play. For a second there, I thought it reset high scores but all is OK now.

#7783 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine did the same thing, I updated via usb. Achievements are all still there in the app (36/72), but I received a lot of new high scores when the game ended that weren’t really high scores since I know I’ve put up higher scores prior. Like it reset some things.

My overall high score and grand champion came back, but yeah, high scores for things like multiball are gone.

2 weeks later
#8351 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

only a little bit... (wife knew i was basically guaranteed to buy it once it was rumored):
[quoted image]

Same here. When the Sega Godzilla came out, it was tragic. I figured this would be the machine that did justice to the original. The bonus was the designer and now, I'm hooked on his games.

#8375 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I listened to this as well. Very good interview. I like how he even talked about his flipper positioning and how he basically loses sleep over their alignment. I admire someone who swears the small details. I’m the same way.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he said towards the end of the interview that his next game will be announced around the same time Godzilla 1.0 code is released? Hmmmm..... Let the speculation begin (well, continue!).

It was a really great interview - and provided great insight into the game. Worth tuning in!

#8388 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Behold coinmecagodzilla
Michael, from Inscribed Solutions worked with me to get the layout cut for folks who have the pinavators headphone jack like me.[quoted image][quoted image]

I need this - very much so. Do you have details?? Looks fantastic.

#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

That knob is magnetic and the good folks at pinavators sells them. I got a cool skull one for my maiden from them. [quoted image]

Same here. Seemed to be a fitting holder for AC/DC. Looks really good.

#8554 2 years ago

Very nice mod - very simple, very well done. Digitaldocc had it first, from Inscribed Solution's store. I am pretty happy with the look (and with how well the transaction went - arrived to the west coast from the east coast in record time). The best thing? It's a magnet.

Yay!

IMG_8163 (resized).pngIMG_8163 (resized).png
#8660 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I know everyone with premiums and LEs is bummed by the ball being stuck on the mechagodzilla turntable to the right of the ramp.
I used a cabinet bumper to fix.
I have also lodged a support ticket with stern to correct. They need to release a small plastic or upside down post to go underneath the metal side which holds the plastic on top.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did they ever get back to you on this? This is making me so very sad. Today I two balls locked in the same spot during multi-ball. Also they will hopefully address the back loop because that always requires the glass coming off.

#8835 2 years ago

New code! New code just dropped!!

And I am out of town. Great.

#8893 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:Waiting on ball search

That was the solution from Stern. Eventually, hopefully, there will be a less time-intensive solution.

#9076 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately we will be on Spring Break next week so I have to delay shipment a week. Dang kids and their desire to go to Universal Studios.

I'm sure you could find about a dozen people to come house sit for you - and make sure it plays well and everything....

1 week later
#9550 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I know right? You'd think someone would know better

Bonus point - it didn't tilt?

That was one heck of a wallop - whatever hit it and that really hurts - I am not sure what I'd be feeling about now. Glad to hear the distributor is working it out and I hope QUICKLY.

#9799 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Heard nothing but amazing reviews! Very responsive and upfront about his backlog. There is a reason why, they have got to work! Money well spent if it will keep my game nice

I had never put them on until everyone on Pinside said it was a "must". So I ordered my first set and was not disappointed. As a bonus, dealing with Cliff has been an absolute breeze - he is just a great guy and makes a great product.

1 week later
#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

similar high, many more plays. i still have my outlane posts set to factory (middle)[quoted image]

I'm in the same boat. I accept the fact I am an awful player - which is a total lie because I don't.

But I'm nothing if not persistent.

#10074 2 years ago

I like the side armor - looks sharp. It's probably has been asked, but does anyone know if there will be a set for the LEs?

1 week later
#10362 1 year ago
Quoted from sushko:

Just wanted to show off Steve's work from MI Pinball Refinery. I am so happy with the results.
Thanks Steve for your awesome work.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Count me in. This is exactly what I was hoping to see. I was disappointed in the side amore - the one thing that I think Stern really slipped on. My AC/DC would not be the same without it and it came standard. I was sad to see that was not longer the case.

Now to find side amore and contact Steve.

#10489 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Don't buy cheapo tools. When you strip an Allen head, it's miserable to get off. Trust me, been turning wrenches for 40 years. Buy a good set you'll have forever

2nd that, whole heartedly. I got my first set of tools (from Jensen Tools) as a junior IT technician and still have about 90% of the original kit. That $600 investment, about 20 years ago, really paid off - especially working on pinball machines. I'm pretty hard on tools, but a good set rarely fails.

2 weeks later
#10957 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

My insider connected still says .94 is the latest. Hoping it shows updates to .96 available soon!!

Mine, too. It flashes .96 then goes right back to .94.

#10960 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mine's doing the same. Going to update the old fashioned way which is quicker anyways!

It's a good size download, too. Sounds like a plan.

#11099 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

There's a classic Godzilla movie marathon on Comet on Sunday: "Gotta Godzilla!"
Any one of these in particular a must see? That most relate to the game? Guess I'll DVR and check 'em out.
1956 Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
1965 Godzilla vs Monster Zero
1967 Son of Godzilla
1973 Godzilla vs Megalon
1974 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
1975 Terror of Mechagodzilla
[quoted image]

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

I like them all, but that one (other than the original), was one of my childhood favorites.

1 month later
#12162 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Question, I've been getting the ball hung up in the very back of the game behind the building and unfortunately when it happens it's a full stop, have to pull the glass off-type scenario to fix it. No amount of nudging seems to shake it loose. Typically, the ball has to be traveling slow to get stuck there but I can not physically see any reason why it's resting where it is, let alone why I can't shake it free!
Is this a typical problem or has anyone else figured out a potential solution?!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes and no solution. I did send a picture to Stern support, and from the sounds of it, probably the first person to complain (this was back in April). I have my playfield at 6.7º, which should be adequate for it not to get caught there.

Here is what they said:

"So this ball trap is definitely an intesterting one. I just had a pow wow with the EM, and there's not really anything back there that can cause this to sit.

A couple of things I'd like to have you look for:

First, simply get your hand back in that area, and let's see if you can feel anything sticking out or out of place that the ball could get caught up on.
Remove all of the balls from your game, and place them on a flat, non metallic surface, and let's see if they're magnetized. Sometimes, when a game uses electromagnets, the balls can become magnetized."

After I did my testing and came back with nothing, this was the next reply:

"Do me a favor and just keep an eye on it, and try to jot down anything leading up to it and in the meantime we'll take note."

Please let them know so they know I am not crazy! It doesn't happen often, but when it does, ugh.

#12164 1 year ago

Going on the record as saying this was a very, very happy mod to install which I highly recommend. The entire package is so nicely put together including the tools to get these installed. And, they look great (tho admittedly, I should have gone with the gold). My only recommendation is to swap out the cheap bolts that Stern uses with something a bit tougher - which in no way is a reflection of the overall product.

Installation didn't take long at all. What took the most time was dialing in exactly what I wanted the flipper angle to be. And yep, my shots to that scoop just got a lot better.

Nicely constructed, nicely packaged, and very light.

I am an extremely happy camper, and I think they really add to the playfield.

Well done!

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey there Godzilla owners. Thought I'd pop over here to plug my new mod I just introduced a few days ago. This mod has been in development for several months, Godzilla was one of the machines I tested the mod on along with several others as it's not game specific. If you're interested check it out.
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
[quoted image]

IMG_8829 (resized).jpegIMG_8829 (resized).jpegIMG_8838 (resized).jpegIMG_8838 (resized).jpegIMG_8839 (resized).jpegIMG_8839 (resized).jpeg
#12167 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good thing they are easy to adjust! Haha. Yours are way out of wack.

Can you tell I took this picture early on? Indeed they are!

#12169 1 year ago

he ball traps on yours not conspicuously flat instead of rounded? Mine has an inch or two of flatness and I assumed that was the design for all machines. Based on Stern's response, I'm wondering if that's not the case.

Here's a picture of it. Overly steep? No. Some flatness? Yes - absolutely. Originally when a few people started talking about this, there was some discussion it was because of a joint there - but mine is perfectly seemless.

IMG_8380 (resized).jpegIMG_8380 (resized).jpeg
#12208 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok I gave had this game for a few weeks, I've put in hundreds of plays, and I still am really bad at the scoop and left spinner shot. Like 5-10%. Granted I am new to pinball, and I am slowly slowly getting better, but can you or anyone else who has tried moving flippers down comment more on how it affects all of the various shots? Presumably some shots get harder. Can you still hit building with left flipper and small loop with right flipper? I think those are both pretty important especially with OD in game now

Where I had them in the picture is *not* where they ended up (way too low!). But the nice thing is that at least I can move them a lot easier now! The scoop just takes a lot of work and I'm not at all proficient at it. I guess the way I've approaced it, for better or worse, is to try and work on one single shot and become somewhat consistent. So far that's worked well for the left ramp.

#12300 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

if you've got money to burn this looks pretty cool:
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

I put an an Interactive LED in AC/DC from Flipper Fidelity and it is so very nice. This is definitely something I want to burn $$ on! Yeah, thank's for posting that link and making me spend money...

5 months later
#17598 1 year ago

Searched around the forum, but I can't find an answer. Has anyone with an LE had the Stern aftermarket side armor powder coated to match the existing body? Looking for the folks who might be doing this. Thanks in advance.

2 months later
#19653 1 year ago

Not the best pictures in the world, because they don't do the work justice, but just got back the side armor after Steve at MI Pinball Refinery did his magic. A very, very fine job and Steve was just a great person to deal with.

I know some don't like the gold, but, eh, it is what it is. At least it's more Ghidorah (this machine needs more Ghidorah).

My only complaint is that the two body holes for these do not align with the body holes for the originals (small screws only). Otherwise, installation was easy enough.

Thanks again Steve for the quick turnaround and the beautiful work. Happy with the upgrade.
IMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1517 (resized).JPGIMG_1517 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groggyfrogface.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=groggyfrogface and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.