IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is that the intention when properly set up? You’d think they would put a gate there if that the case

I don't know but I can confirm that its a dangerous shot. Played for about an hour and a half on location today, and had a few STDM with that shot on fast moving screamers (which means very little time to nudge when it shoots out the building). The pin had a tight tilt bob which didn't help either. Game was slightly unlevel too.

I'm imagining, that a solution will be found for being able to adjust that shot so it doesn't go STDM. I mean, even something like adding a few layers of electrical tape on the right side so a fast shot to that location will deflect more to the left flipper or something. Someone will come up with something.

I really do think this is as winner of a pin. Just a great layout, with adding ball paths that really give interesting movement to the ball. Appreciate that there is only 1 pop bumper so no time wasted in the pops, plus interesting ball movement with the open pop bumper (but not in a bad position like rick and morty where automatic ball saves are required). I was also worried it was going to be center shot heavy (like mando) with the building, but now I definitely think they did a good job with balancing shots around the whole playfield. Left ramp was no problem ...not sure how they changed the geometry but I never felt like it was clunky, unlike JP with the heli and tower shots where sometimes good shots just reject for no reason.

Good mode variety, and different objectives all over the playfield. I didn't have any magnet issues.

Basically...I feel Keith took all of the best ideas from his 3 previous pins, combined it into 1, and then evolved it even further.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Was this the Pro model?

Yeah, it was a pro being routed by a local gaming company in a mall.

Oh and I agree...I think it was really odd that they covered up the magnet captive ball by having artwork on the plastic on the pro. That should be seen!

And also......I couldn't get the QR reader to read my code.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I agree the shot just to the left of the building is a dangerous return to the end of the right flipper, and didn't seem to have a purpose shooting that way as opposed to that loop being the exit from the building shot for the magnet pickup.

Hmm...you are right....I wonder if shooting the exit lane of the building actually does anything in the code or not. It SHOULD. I mean, if there is a makeable shot on the PF in a prominent position but it doesn't do anything, then that seems like a major waste of PF real estate. Will have to play the pin again to see what it does (or not), but that lane doesn't have a shot arrow so it seems like its not for "making shots"...

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Been playing mine since it arrived on Monday, fantastic game. As you say, a ton of flow, the shots are smooth and satisfying. Only shot that gives me trouble is the hairpin just to the left of the building as a hard shot often takes it sdtm. The code has a long way to go, but the bones are there and it’s going to be one of sterns best. It feels like a cross between DP and maiden, likely because the same people are involved with both games (ZY and KE). I also find I get the same satisfaction from GZ as I do from my jp prem. I’d guess the breakaway bridge will be really cool on the Prem/le, but the Pro should not be looked down on.

Now that you have it and have played a bunch of games....does that hairpin to the left of the building actually do anything in the code? Like, does it give out jackpots or increase a counter to something or ?

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How genius is this???
It's the left ramp entrance. It's another corkscrew type that's hidden off the back of the playfield, where the ball goes up the ramp then comes back towards the player, returning to the playfield.
What I find so cool is that this would be fun to see but instead of having it visible, Elwin uses it just to save space (my assumption, since it saves from having a ramp that winds all around to accomplish the same end result).
Once again, he's using playfield space so well that it allows him to have a really full-featured game that's still very wide open, with lots of shots that don't feel cramped.
Love his designs. Anyone complaining about pinball not being innovative needs to find something new to complain about.
Not to discredit the Pro version at all (as I expect that's a Hell of a game too) but the MechaGodzilla turntable is similar to the Bloodbath target bank from Walking Dead. That spinner feels super rewarding to hit. It spins forever if you hit it well. It can be backhanded from the right flipper, and that target bank is great. Deadly far too often, sending the ball into the left outlane. (FYI: if you need to hit the top target, sometimes you can let the ball roll off the upper left flipper and glance it. You're welcome!)
[quoted image]

Whats nice about this corkscrew, is that its fed from a lane and curve so the ball more consistently hits the exact same path going up it. That way, there is going to be very few "clunky" shots that hit the corkscrew and just die. Which is what the 2 corkscrews on JP can be sometimes (tower/heli), especially tower. This has fixed that. As long as you have enough power going up the left ramp entrance, its going to go up.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hungry for some Godzilla Pinball gameplay?
Video of a decent game, the different modes and multiballs, and the unique flow of this instant-classic by Stern Pinball

Yeah in this video, it does show that the left exit of the building does give double super jackpot in godzilla MB. (5:10 in the video). Didn't see it do anything else in the vid (though not even sure how many times it was shot)

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

We got to play a pro last night as well. I thought it was great. Mando pro was side by side with it so we jumped back and forth. Wife liked Mando better as did a friend who's a huge Mando fan, but zilla was my choice. I think the zilla premium will be a must have.

How experienced with pinball are your wife and friend? I can see newcomers liking mando better than GZ just because of theme or "toys", but GZ is definitely the "shooters" pin.

1 week later
#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Honestly I think it’s designed this way. That isn’t a shot. It’s an exit only *insert annoyed wife joke here*.
There is no reason to ever shoot there AFAIK.

If you do shoot the exit when godzilla MB super jackpot is qualified, you get 2x super jackpot (vs 1x super jackpot shooting the building).

I do hope that they add more use for that shot in future code updates. To have a makeable shot that is mostly useless in the game is a huge waste of playfield potential.

2 weeks later
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've shipped a TON of pins (both buying and selling) using legs-on white glove service and had zero issues. However, in olden times when I was crating and palleting pins to ship some DID get damaged (and it was a LOT more work). As long as you're watching to make sure they use enough packing blankets and install all 4 leg boards down to the levelers, you'll probably be fine. I also have cheap $5 harbor freight moving blankets on hand in case they don't come with enough of them for a pin I'm shipping. Even if I have to kick in 4 to get it padded to my satisfaction, it's $20 well spent. I've only had to kick in one or two twice, ever. They're usually very well prepared.
If someone hadn't sold me a Hobbit around release with the legs on service, I'd probably still be crating and palleting. But now for long distance stuff it's legs on white glove for everything, and for stuff within CA, I use Chris at Sly Fox shipping - he's fantastic.
[quoted image]

I mean, no matter how you pack it, there are always going to be times when the shipping company screws up. This just happened last month to a AFMRLE that I shipped. Don't get me wrong, shipping on a pallet, you will also find people that have had their pin damaged too.
58613bd866d139c4bc0d9459685ad1c523138aa7 (resized).jpg58613bd866d139c4bc0d9459685ad1c523138aa7 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Noob question. Could cushioned take help?

I put a furniture felt pad under mine...only time will tell if it helps but I imagine it will.

#5470 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I had a friend help me design in Tinkercad and I printed these 5.25" plates myself. I upgraded the speakers on both my JP and GZ to the Kenwood speakers that come from factory on LEs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work. Would you mind sharing it on thingverse?

3 months later
#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pic of the magnet plastic on my pro. Not sure if it is different than others machines or not. Build date last week of March.
[quoted image]

I prefer this.....it really shows off the magna grab mech. I still wish they used more transparency on the plastic so you could also see that its used as a newton ball too and show the captive ball being used.

4 weeks later
#10300 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Counts via the mecha spinner too

Lifesaver! Yeah, that would make the super about 10x easier during mechagodzilla multiball. I was about to try for terror again today and save up a heat ray just for the final super jackpot, but now it should be a cinch. (then just need to get to level 5 powerup)

#10353 1 year ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

I’m still confused. I got the SJP in mechagodzilla and the light behind mechagodzilla went blue, but the mechagodzilla mech was turned with the targets facing me. In other words, the only way to start the mode was a tail whip. I couldn’t hit the spinner to get there cos it was turned away from me. Is that how it’s meant to be?

Yeah, can now confirm....a super jackpot is easier in Pro, because you just have to hit the spinner. In premium, you have to hit a tail whip since the mech turns, so you should probably just have a heat ray ready.

Though...if you do happen to trap up, I think there is a second where you could wait for the spinner period to timeout, backhand it up the mechagodzilla ramp right before the mech rotates, and it will then score the super jackpot, but not sure how tight that timing has to be.

#10361 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

You know...maybe the SJP can be collected through the spinner on the Prem? I took a closer look at Deadflip's GZ stream from yesterday and what do ya know....the spinner shot did collect the SJP. Not sure why this is.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1476121816?t=2h19m47s
Interestingly enough, on a later game, it behaved differently. My guess is either a bug or a nuance to the code.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1476121816?t=3h3m39s
This is what the tiltforum rulesheet says;

So....I just pulled glass to confirm. Once the spinner lights go out, there is a 1-2 second pause before the mech turns. If you go up the ramp during that pause, it will score a super jackpot. Its actually exactly what happens in the first deadflip video you linked to. In the second...it waited the like 2 seconds then turned.

#10367 1 year ago

OK, I've tried google search and can't find them.....does someone have a list of the 10 secret combos?

#10373 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

That is the trick. Stage a ball on the lower left flipper and wait for the spinner buildup round to end. As soon as it goes out, shoot the mecha spinner to collect the super. He could kill that off in code by deactivating the tail whip lane if the mecha spinner was hit first. Maybe something just for competition install.
I get the super 8/10 with this strategy.

I usually backflip from right flipper, but yeah...just got super jackpot twice in a row in mecha in my game right now using that strategy. It also made rampage easier, since when it finally got to the mechagodzilla shot I previously thought I had to get tail whips to qualify that shot, but now I just shoot the mechagodzilla ramp. Which....again, is slightly harder in premium than pro because you need to make sure that ramp is shootable before you start rampage and not being blocked by having it rotated.

1 week later
#10580 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to collect 6 saucer attacks. That means the saucer needs to have the blue arrow lit when you hit it. To light that you have to hit the pop a number of times or hit the switch under the pop to light the arrow.
Then when lit, hit the pop for 1 saucer, or shatz through to the right inlane to the pop for 2 saucers.

I appreciate Keith's shatz pass addition...I like practicing that flipper skill and this, and IMDN both have it. Its too bad JP2 doesn't have it, and I'm not sure about AIQ.

1 week later
#10955 1 year ago

Good stuff....nice fix for mechagodzilla super jackpots for premium/LE. And addition of monster zero, though scoring a superjackpot in godzilla multiball is pretty easy, and getting to level 4 powerup is easy, so getting monster zero should be no problem.

#11051 1 year ago

OK....with both new miniwizard modes (terror and monster zero), the building has a new process: lower to go to the VUK, building raises, then upkicks the ball. So, its a new path....building is raised, and ball enters from the VUK path (previously it only is in the lowered position for ball locking onto the roof).

So, my ball is actually getting caught here ->

20220528_171440 (resized).jpg20220528_171440 (resized).jpg

Now, a ball search immediately releases the ball, b/c just the slightest movement can release it. Really, I just need the building to be moved slightly to the left.

Right now, I have plenty of space on the left of the building ->

20220528_173357 (resized).jpg20220528_173357 (resized).jpg

compared to the right ->

20220528_173402 (resized).jpg20220528_173402 (resized).jpg

Well, its either shift the entire building mech left a hair, or.....if I could get access to the floor underneath the roof and just adjust the rail a bit (loosen, shift over a hair, then retighten), then that would probably be easier.

20220528_173413 (resized).jpg20220528_173413 (resized).jpg

However....I can't see how I can disassemble the building mech from the top (and I've tried google searching for building disassembly and no luck) to access these two screws. Nor.....do I see a great way to shift the whole building mech slightly left from the bottom of the playfield.

Is anyone else getting balls caught here in the new code?

#11090 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

OK....with both new miniwizard modes (terror and monster zero), the building has a new process: lower to go to the VUK, building raises, then upkicks the ball. So, its a new path....building is raised, and ball enters from the VUK path (previously it only is in the lowered position for ball locking onto the roof).
So, my ball is actually getting caught here ->
[quoted image]
Now, a ball search immediately releases the ball, b/c just the slightest movement can release it. Really, I just need the building to be moved slightly to the left.
Right now, I have plenty of space on the left of the building ->
[quoted image]
compared to the right ->
[quoted image]
Well, its either shift the entire building mech left a hair, or.....if I could get access to the floor underneath the roof and just adjust the rail a bit (loosen, shift over a hair, then retighten), then that would probably be easier.
[quoted image]
However....I can't see how I can disassemble the building mech from the top (and I've tried google searching for building disassembly and no luck) to access these two screws. Nor.....do I see a great way to shift the whole building mech slightly left from the bottom of the playfield.
Is anyone else getting balls caught here in the new code?

Ok, got this fixed. The fix...was super easy. All I did was bend the VUK guiderail at the end.

20220529_132520 (resized).jpg20220529_132520 (resized).jpg

Of course, I came up with this fix AFTER I tried messing with the building.

If anyone is interested, it isn't that bad getting the building out. Its just these 4 screws at the bottom.

Screenshot_12 (resized).pngScreenshot_12 (resized).png

You'll need to then take one ramp habit trail off to get the building out. I think the right ramp is easier.

Now, with my original idea of adjusting the second to top floor guide ...it would be a pain to get to, but not too bad. The building disassembles from the bottom up, so I would have to take apart 4 floors to get to it. It looked like a headache, so I started thinking of other ways to fix the ball stuck issue (which led me to that stupidly easy fix in my first pic).

20220529_124812 (resized).jpg20220529_124812 (resized).jpg

#11147 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I had previously seen some posts about a way to prevent the bridge from banging into the plastic over the magna grab. Can anyone point me toward this thread? I think it had to with adding a washer and presumably raising the bridge away from the plastic. Thanks in advance!

Its in the key posts for this thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6714220

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.