20240317_204214 (resized).jpg
20240317_204157 (resized).jpg
20240317_204141 (resized).jpg
20240317_204119 (resized).jpg
20240317_205020 (resized).jpg
20240317_204056 (resized).jpg
20240317_204108 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18383 1 year ago

I see several people in this thread also own Rush. Godzilla uses the same node 10 board, but is not having the node 10 board issues which Rush is plagued with. Personally, I have burned through three node 10 boards with Rush and Stern still does not know why.
Question: are the zip ties in Godzilla super tight? Whoever was working zip ties at Stern really did a number with the zip ties during Rush production. Many of mine are mangled. Dont know if this is the cause, but again.... curious how the zip ties look on Godzilla. Thx.

1 month later
#19208 1 year ago

Godzilla Prem: issue is balls not locking in the building. Sometimes it as if the VUK is having an issue locking all three balls on top of the building. Tried increasing VUK strength, but I dont think that fixed it. Read earlier that some folks said it could be VUK not alligned properly. Is it possible that there is an opto that is failing to read the ball going in the front door of the building? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

#19209 1 year ago

Here is photo of the VUK which shoots balls to the top of the building. Are the VUKs kind of crooked like this on all Premiums?
FAE5DAD7-43F0-4D6B-89E2-226CEB58FD66 (resized).jpegFAE5DAD7-43F0-4D6B-89E2-226CEB58FD66 (resized).jpeg

#19216 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Had the same issue and followed the steps in post 15771. No issues since!

did you use size 6, 8, or 10 washer(s)?

#19230 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

My GZ Premium showed up today, yea. When I pulled the playfield up (to check connections), it was held very tight. After I did my checks and went to put playfield back, I could not get the brackets to go in the slots. I have checked for anything catching or binding but don't see anything. Has anyone else seen this problem or am I missing something? My other games slide right into the slots without applying a bunch of force.

Yes, mine is new also and has the same issue. Would not be surprised if you also have issues with the VUK gap and balls not locking sometimes.

#19237 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is the ball being kicked up onto the building and not registering as a locked ball after it's up there, or is the ball kicking up but then falling back down the VUK instead of coming out onto the building, or is the VUK not kicking the ball up at all after you shoot into the building? Any possible solution depends on what the symptom is.

Sometimes the ball does not make it up the VUK. It is the one inch gap between subway and VUK.... great place for a ball to sit. I am gonna get some washers and try that method and if that does not work I will get out a welding kit and make a connector piece for the gap. This gap is kind of ridiculous.

#19241 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I am away, but will check when I get home.

thanks brutha.... I just went ahead and bought like 10 of each size. May need extras down the road, never know. If this doesn't work, I'll disable the tilt-bob because a good running slam usually frees up the ball sitting in the gap.

#19257 1 year ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Was super excited to get this as my first pinball machine but apparently it got damaged in shipping by FedEx.

I am sick to read/see your post on the damage which was caused by FedEx. It is amazing that you said the box was in good condition. One issue I see is that you signed the documentation accepting the delivery. Still, contact the distributor and find resolution. Distributors deal with this all the time and have a set of procedures in place to make it right.

#19277 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I think it looks great with the included atomic breath also!

and I thought Godzilla simply had the flu

#19286 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Shoutout to project pinball, haven't gotten my machine yet that I won in June but I don't have to eat the price increase at all.

Unfortunately, I believe Project Pinball machines go to the back of the line behind the customers who currently have a deposit. There have been winners in the past who have waited well over a year for Godzilla.

#19328 1 year ago

Hi,

Can anybody with a Prem help me out? Trying to install the Naegele building and I am kind of having a heck of a time getting the wireform to sit correctly again after I took it off to do the installation.

Can somebody take a close up photo of the area right after the bridge and where it goes through the building. The wireform is three-pronged and the furthest left prong sits up and out. The ball seems to roll fine over the bridge and through the house, but it just looks weird and not sure how this piece originally was set.

Thanks!

#19336 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

I don't have the building. Is this what you need?

Thanks! Actually helps to see how it sits without the building. Appreciate it

#19406 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

'm confused, and having issues with our game. Is the magnet supposed to be tight? And yours plays fine loose? Mine spins freely, with about 1/4" up and down play. Why did you need to replace?

Mine spins about a half inch, side to side....off of a magna-grab. I think it is supposed to move because timing the release off a magna-grab is the challenge, correct? But, off a destruction jackpot the magnet is stationary.

#19459 1 year ago

Anybody have issues with the ball rolling down the habitrail and hitting the top of the other habitrail above it? If the ball decides to roll slowly it tends to get hung up. Obviously, I can try and adjust both habitrails, but curious if others have encountered this issue.

#19464 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

I was just notified by my distributor that my Godzilla Premium should be arriving in "a couple weeks." After waiting 14 months, it's definitely an exciting time for me.

Strange that Godzilla is not listed. Pinballlife has shaker motors. Official Stern motor for about the same price and another kind for 20 bucks cheaper. Both work great.

#19564 1 year ago

Installed a fan where the coinbox usually sits. That ac adapter in the backbox is sure handy. Hopefully, this will keep the temps down inside the cabinet.

#19573 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Node Board 10 is your issue. Stern got a bad bunch, mine included. Open a ticket + contact your distro.

Stern was low on supply and probably harvested a stash from the Rush pile....

#19577 1 year ago

In the Heddorah smog monster mode, it says to hit the switches or light switches to increase value then shoot a green arrow. Dumb question: what do I do with the switches to increase value? Which switches?

#19749 12 months ago

I discovered this broken piece on the playfield. I have looked everywhere for the part it belongs to. Any ideas?? It looks like a piece around the shield spinner. Same color and the spinner has similar dots.

2E70B792-3D29-4DAB-B0A6-1B0F07ABFBB1 (resized).jpeg2E70B792-3D29-4DAB-B0A6-1B0F07ABFBB1 (resized).jpeg
#19891 11 months ago

Another trick is to start a monster battle right before you start the Godzilla building MB. Lock two balls on top of the building and then immediately start a Kaiju battle and then lock the third ball on top of the building. There is a decent chance that with the three balls bouncing around that you will defeat the Kaiju monster without even trying.

#19916 11 months ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Anyone have the issue with the VUK that kicks the ball up to lock in the building? Mine has to trigger 2-3 times before the ball pops to the ramp to lock in the building

Yes. A good hard nudge will usually get the VUK to do its job. The issue is a gap between the VUK and the horizontal ramp. Lift up your playfield and take a look. See how it is a bit cockeyed and the gap is larger on one end than the other? The ball rests in this gap half the time. Known issue. Some people get a business card and tape it across the chasm, others use strategically places washers to alleviate some of the crookedness between the ramp and VUK. I put a couple washers under one side of the ramp. Helps a little. Wrote to Stern many months ago.... never heard a thing baxk. So, now I just give the maxhine a good solid nudge if I am locking balls in the building.

#19933 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well now I feel like an idiot - the accessory post was supposed to go on the Rush owners forum, not here. Eesh

Actually, I liked the post! The Rush topper looks cool and is cheaper than Mando topper. Guessing Godzilla topper will be in the 2000 range as well.

#20021 11 months ago

I have no idea why I did not get the Lermods plunger fix earlier. I have purchased a shit-ton of mods over the years, but this little guy is a must have for this game.

#20023 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is a shit ton of mods for this game...holy crap.

Oh ya man. I think I have helped Diddy and Stumblor buy a new Porsche and a beach house in Tahiti.

#20113 11 months ago

Coming up on a 1000 plays. Machine still works perfect. Curious what others are doing at about this time in terms of maintenece.

#20134 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Sometimes I'll hit a ramp like maybe twice and it goes straight to finishing blow

I wish I had that issue

1 week later
#20275 11 months ago

Anybody out there lubed up the building motor? In particular, the corkscrew rod? If so, what product did you use?

#20334 11 months ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I looked for a key post on the building Vuk. Mine is starting to take a couple tries to get the ball up. I may have read something about installing a card or something like that?

It happens. Mine was like this from day 1. You can tape a business card in the VUK gap. Some folks throw some extra washers on one side. Also a good solid nudge works 100 percent of the tine if the ball is stuck in the gap.

#20465 11 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Mine also has the centering guides. My plunge rattles around in the launch lane about 90% of the time. Adding the chrome candy metal plate did not improve things for me. The plunger tip appears centered on the ball ok. I’m just learning to live with it.

Why live with it? Buy the fix from Lermods for like 19 bucks. It is a 100 percent fix and essential for any Godzilla machine that has this known plunge issue. Takes about 2.5 seconds to install.

#20518 11 months ago

Do many of you take this off? I do not understand why we need two places on the machine to scan for Insider Connected.

IMG_1009 (resized).jpegIMG_1009 (resized).jpeg
#20523 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

If anyone is interested, that magnet came from John @ Space Coast Pinball. He also sells the apron seizure warning sticker cover too. I got both and I'm very happy with them.

Buying them now. thanks for posting

#20542 10 months ago

Machine downloaded latest code update:

What the hell is being said at the end of ball??
"We are tallying up the damage that Jason (weson, weasal, geeson) has laid on the city?"

1 week later
#20750 10 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

Twice tonight a ball got stuck under mechagodzillas arm between it and the cabinet. I saw the heat gun recommendation earlier in the thread but does anybody have a mod to prevent the plunge from getting up there in the first place?

I get that too. Not often enough to warrant any mod work though.

#20771 10 months ago

Big shout out to Space Coast Pinball for helping me cover up the 800 word seizure warning label and the advertisement for "Insider Connected....it's a great way to connect with friends" bullshit. Man....looks fantastic.

#20818 10 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

The manual plunge rattles a bit. I'm going to review the alignment tips found on this comment.
I need to reduce the coil strength of the trough kick-out, the auto-plunge, and the scoop kick-out. Anyone have some good numbers here to start with?
The back-of-the-building VUK issue. I'm pretty sure this is identified in this comment but if there are any other thoughts I'd like to hear them.
At the start of Godzilla MB all of my balls often go SDTM. It appears there is some debate on whether this is ideal or not so early building shots don't get stuck or hit the building. The fix for this appears to be this comment, but I'd like community opinion as well.
The left ramp rattles a little bit and sometimes rejects on clean shots. Additionally fast middle-loop (Heat Ray spinner) shots have a tendency to go SDTM. I think this means the left wall might need to be adjusted. Is there a comment that covers this?

1. You need a Lermods plunge fix. Fixes tje plunge 100 percent.
2. Try out different settings. Somebody power setting may not work well for you.
3. If the ball does not come up the VUK, give it a nudge...works well. Otherwise slap a business card over the gap.
4. Yes it is common for the balls to drain from a building drop. Doesnt really matter since they get shot back into the playfield.
5. Have not encountered this. It is commom for a drain after the Minila wallop shot and the code accounts for this by flashing a shoot again when you hit this shot, but the spinner shot draining... I am not aware of this.

#20866 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I just want them to reverse that dumb Wyjean or whatever it is at the end of each ball. Change it back to Godzilla!

Wyjean...Wae-son.... I have no idea what the game is saying. Probably some inside joke from the design team.

#20868 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

It's a Stern employee's name. He worked on JP Home with Jack.

Thanks for the update although I think it is dumb

#20881 10 months ago

Having a tough time getting Terror of Mechogodzilla. During normal Mechogodzilla multiball, what is the trigger for the super jackpot that enables choosing Terror of Mechogodzilla on the fourth powerup?

#20884 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This is the sequence:

Appreciate it. I just wanted to see something besides Monster Zero.

#20891 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Is there something in the pipe to be done with the code

Curious about the phrase you used, "in the pipe" Is that a common phrase from your geographic area? I have heard "down the pike" and seems more common out here. Interesting.

1 week later
#21176 10 months ago

Bridge collapsed this evening.... I mean it literally collapsed. Screws popped out and down she went. Thank god I caught it before my ball sent the tiny screws into the abyss of the building VUK.

1 week later
#21450 9 months ago

If the Godzilla topper team were an automobile:
IMG_1066 (resized).jpegIMG_1066 (resized).jpeg

#21548 9 months ago

Is Stern labeling the zip-tie as exclusive?

#21620 9 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

They know that they have a bunch of suckers (us) that will overpay for garbage if they just release it and create a artificial demand by putting them out in low numbers, hence the "it's already out of stock" to make people think that it indeed is rare and in demand.. making people think that since other people are buying it at that price (It's out of stock already!!) than it must be worth it!

......or how Stern actually sees its customers:

IMG_1067 (resized).jpegIMG_1067 (resized).jpeg
#21635 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Maybe going forward Stern will consider a three-tier system for toppers, like they do with their games.

....I think Seth and his henchmen are already too busy constructing the "pay for code updates" scheme. Oh.....you want your James Bond to do that....well that can only happen if you are part of the Stern Gold Club which allows 3 code downloads every 12 months....

#21662 9 months ago

May 30, 2023. Stern has officially jumped the shark....

IMG_1069.gifIMG_1069.gif
#21665 9 months ago

Wednesday May 31, 2023: morning meeting with Seth.

IMG_1071.gifIMG_1071.gif
#21669 9 months ago

Sir, I highly recommend you do not attempt to do your own financial planning.

Quoted from bane:

I’ll wager they all will sell out. In a year or two, you will have to pay double (or more) to get one, and people will.
I’ve bought many Stern toppers. Not one has decreased in value.
Do what you will.

#21731 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't think people are "idiots" for buying this topper

Morons?

3 months later
#24027 6 months ago

My Godzilla seems to play OK, but when I compare the spongy feel of the flippers to the tightness and speed of my Iron Maiden machine, there is no contest. I dialed up the flipper strength in Zilla, but even near maximum it is equal to an Iron Maiden medium setting. The plunger on Godzilla is kind of weak as well. Just curious if this is typical between these two machines or should I possibly replace the Godzilla flipper motors and plunger?

#24030 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

But also, how much has your machine been played since the last time the coil sleeves were replaced?

Appx 1000 games. Is that about the life expectancy on them?

3 months later
#25211 3 months ago

About once a year I will have a screw (black) from the collapsing bridge work itself loose. There are four of these on each side of the bridge, holding the plastic sides in place. I am going crazy trying to figure out where these things are going. Still have not found them. Annoying, but game still works fine with new screws. I just hate having random parts floating around. Anybody else have these fall out.....and if so, where did you locate them? FYI: I did disassemble the captive ball magnet as that seemed like a logical place, but nothing there.

#25213 3 months ago

Ya, if you plan on owning this game for the long haul, it may not be a bad idea to have a few of these ready to go. It is just natural for the screws to come out after a bit considering how violent the collapsing bridge can be.

#4-40 x 1/4" Black Pan Head Screw
237-6331-00

Quoted from Tophervette:

Please tell us what size the bolts are, so I can order some. Thanks.

#25228 3 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

I used blue licorice to hold it in place

Good idea.... should have done this in the first place

#25264 3 months ago

New Godzilla movie is SOOOOO good!!

#25330 3 months ago
Quoted from Clovenhuf:

Saw the new movie last night, my thoughts:

Godzilla move: B+
‘Movie’ movie: solid C

I would give the movie an A and two thumbs up. Why? Because it was a breath of fresh air after years of the bloated DC/Marvel billion dollar budget films. Superhero fatigue is real and it was nice to watch a film that had an actual human-element story and the viewer did not have to know every stupid little wikipedia superhero backstory detail in order to simply watch and enjoy the film. It was also cool to see the film in the Japanese language....just adds a degree of legitimacy to the product.

#25360 3 months ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

Oddly enough, the only people in the theater were my wife and myself.

Unfortunately, that is probably normal. Combo of factors here: probably the "what do you mean I got to read subtitles....screw that!" or "the film isn't even 'Merican."

#25427 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I've purchased five NIB Sterns this year

Saving for retirement is overrated. (just kidding..) I'm actually a bit jealous and would love to do something like that but my wife would give me a swift kick in the nuts for even considering throwing down that much loot in a short span of time.

1 week later
#25539 3 months ago

#25550 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Mine is perfectly level left-right, and 6.8 front to back.

Mine too. I found that these make the best toppers.

IMG_1658 (resized).jpegIMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#26240 71 days ago

Just installed a brand new cabinet node board. Also installed shaker motor. For some reason my menu buttons are not working. Rechecked all connections going into new cabinet node board and all seems snug. Any ideas on why the menu buttons (all four) are inop? Attached is a photo of the connections.

IMG_1704 (resized).jpegIMG_1704 (resized).jpeg
#26244 70 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check the connector in the backbox, unplug and reseat. Page 24 in the manual.

Thanks, unfortunately it did not help.

#26245 70 days ago

Completely unplugged everything for a third time and reseated. It worked. I guess there is a fine line between the definition of insanity and the third time is a charm adage.
Thanks Lermods. BTW, your inexpensive shooter lane mods is still one of the best Godzilla must have items.

2 weeks later
#26613 50 days ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Good luck, Hope my solution works for you & the others I've read are having the same problem with the games produced this past Nov-Dec.

I can see you put a decent amount of effort to fix this issue. I have a build from a few years ago. The ball gets stuck about 75 percent of the time. But a decent nudge gets the ball to shoot up the VUK 100 percent of the time. Annoying as hell, but I have grown used to it.

#26625 49 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

My card was about the size of the green box I drew.
You are trying to provide a smooth transition so the ball doesn't get stuck.
Don't slide it in so far it interferes with the upkicker plunger.

I see you used a piece of cardboard from an old Lermods package. When you slide the cardboard in the gap, doesn't the end that is inside the subway stick up due to pressure from the opposite end of the cardboard? It seems like this has the potential to make a barrier rather than a smooth transition. I guess it all depends on the thickness of the card, huh?

#26630 49 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

So, I posted a little while ago about my coil stop just dropping off! The problem was, that the two screws holding it in place are made of shit metal obviously. I would suggest replacement of them with stainless steel Allen wrench screws…..
Similar to Bally/williams.

Same thing happened to me about 100 games in.

1 week later
#26751 40 days ago

Sorry to steer the thread back to the subject of balls, but I was looking at different sites that sell balls and was wondering what type of ball is best to use on a game such as Godzilla (which uses magnets as key features). I did look at the Ball Baron website, but it seems their balls are only good for games that do not employ magnets. Pinball Life does not give much info on their product and I assume it is simply the product that comes with new Stern machines.

The way I see it is that there are two choices, right? Carbon Steel or Chrome Steel. Question is which one to use on a game that employs magnets, such as Godzilla.

#26773 39 days ago

On your machine, when the ball hits Mechogodzilla's magnetic chest, where is your ball sticking?
Mine is barely hanging on the bottom of his chest. It works and all, but was wondering if others had a proper centered ball once attached to Mecho's chest?

2 weeks later
#26908 22 days ago

99.9 percent certain that this yellow and black wire connects to the upper flipper coil, correct?

Just snip off the plastic and solder back on, correct? Is there any need to have 2 cm piece of hard plastic ar the end of the wire?

IMG_2017 (resized).jpegIMG_2017 (resized).jpeg
#26913 21 days ago

Thanks scootss. Sent you a PM.

1 week later
#26940 12 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

2 warnings before it tilts out.

2 warnings until I take the tilt-bob pendulum out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Attleboro, MA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=gandamack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.