PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

292 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eyeamred2u. You are on page 1 of 2.
#36 2 years ago

Ordered a Premium. Can't wait to unbox this beast. Artwork is amazing. I am in comic book heaven right now.

1 month later
#466 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I'm absolutely IN LOVE WITH LE SIDEART! But only able to justify the prem which I have my order in on.... Can anyone here help me decide on my powdercoat for my premium? I don't want green or purple, but thought maybe a blue color like Godzillas spikes would be awesome but im not sure how well it would match with my premium art. I also wish I could find someone who has an LE that would be willing to order me replacement side art at my expense so I can replace my sideart with the foil backed LE art! I'd pay for the time and effort aside from shipped cost from stern essentially just need someones serial number and I can let stern know I bought my LE and managed to ruin the sideart while bringing my machine inside my gameroom!

I am waiting to see my Premium in person b4 I pull the trigger on powdercoating. I can't wait to see what other do to their games as far as colors, so this will definitely help in my decision. I agree with Gold being a top choice, but also thinking about doing a custom paint scheme as well. So many choices here.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've taken baseline temps for the magnet in 0.77 before code was updated to 0.79 because the magnet handling is supposed to have changed, and this will be a good way to see if it improved the temps and by how much. The magnet does get pretty hot. 166F in 60 minutes of play, with no end in sight, so I could see it breaking 200F in another hour.
I'll try it again after an update to 0.79 and see where it's at, but this is what it looks like now...
[quoted image]

Way too hot. Have you hooked a fan up to it yet before you update the code to see if you can get a stable temp? Curious to see the results of all the test runs you perform.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, I do the fan tests after I have the baseline tests done. But given the experience with flipper coil testing/cooling I would be surprised if once cooled these get over 120F, and would hope I could keep them in the 100-110F range. The only challenge is I have to direct the airflow two ways to cool around both sides of the larger, flatter coil area of the magnet, but I think I have that worked out.

Got it, that makes sense.

1 week later
#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We are happy to announce that our (Pro) building is coming along nicely. This is a very early version of the building but we are excited about the progress and want to give everyone a peek. Again this is an early version and there will be more details on the roof and sides. We are also kicking around a custom sign package for those that want to customize their pinball mod to truly making it their own. So say instead of "Drake Investments" you wanted say ...... "Centerflanks Lamp shop" or "Vids Pinball Repair". The building would be the same but the sign would be your own.
We hope to make this for all models but until we get our premium there's no way to tell how well this will transfer over
***** we are knees deep in Tesla Strike Towers, so this is going on the back burner for a few weeks ******
But please let me know what you guys think
Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-building-mod-under-development
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Like the roughness of it. Hope that is what you were going for.

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I hear 2nd week in November for Premiums from my distributor. Has anyone heard different?

Been quiet on my end, but hoping to hear something soon.

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This is kinda the style I settled on, I've always found Gundam dioramas amazing [quoted image]

I like the contrast from Zombie Yeti's art and your concept, so Kudo's.

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Any LE owners having stuck ball issues like pictured here? Have had to remove the glass 3 or 4 times now to free it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you provide more info as to what event is triggering it to land there? Is it random?

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Multiball. And ball collision knocks one up there each time it has happened. Wish the mech Godzilla arm could articulate.

Wonder if swinks or another 3D modder here could create something to help keep the ball out of that area.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

for those that are wondering, i think the mechzilla mech on the prem/le is so worth it. i love to rip that spinner and then see it rotate around to hit the targets to get mechzilla mb ready... love ripping all three spinners on this thing too.

So jealous, still waiting on my phone call.

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Good to hear this Troy,
I was debating between the models( played a Pro) and this has helped me decide to upgrade...just can't seem to locate a first run Premium.

I am not even making a joke about this for fear I will jinx my order on my 1st run premium.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I don’t think anybody is arguing that it isn’t a big upgrade. I am debating on if it is a $2k+ upgrade.

Yes, I didn't even hesitate. I hate the price hikes. I want upgrades, more upgrades!

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

For people who have been told they have a first run premium, when did you order? Just curious as I thought I got in early enough for the first run, but its looking more and more likely that I missed out.

Your Distro should know if you are 1st run or 2nd run.

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

A lot of parallels to my debate when I purchased JP. I didn't see a Premium as being worth the $1,200 when the table first launched, so I went with the Pro. Now, I'm regretting the decision with the additional work and features Stern put into the T-Rex head. The additional interaction in the game, eating the ball, and throwing the ball are awesome. Do the T-Rex motions change the score or rules all that much? No, but they do make for a more memorable experience.
The Raptor gate on JP is another good example. It doesn't add a ton to the Premium, and the Pro certainly has a viable alternative. However, when you start Raptor Capture on a Pro, the ball exits to the Control Room shot and sits idle on a post while the unskippable gate animation plays on the display. It's the same process for the Premium holding the ball on the post in the Raptor pen, except the gate is actually rising out of the playfield.
For Godzilla Pro, when you start Godzilla MB, the ball just hangs out on the Newton magnet while the BOC music starts and a similar unskippable movie plays of Godzilla smashing the building. On the Premium, it's the same animation, except the building toy is collapsing and releasing the physical locked balls off the roof instead of the Pro dropping the one ball off the magnet and auto-launching two more balls into play.
Plus, we're looking at the interaction and how things exist in .80 level code. There might be more coming in later code updates, and the differences in ramp feeds for different building floors becoming a bigger influence. The Mechagodzilla seems to be the biggest impact as it looks to make the standup target shots safer to hit. The Pro is mostly an upper flipper shot where the Prem/LE targets are more accessible from the lower flippers.
At the end of the day, only you can answer how much the additional mechs add to the overall experience in the long run. Living through my JP Pro decision regret, the Premium upgrade is worth it for me. On top of that, Godzilla really doesn't seem like a game that is going to drop significantly in value if/when it's time to sell it, so most of the $2k will likely come back.

Not until distributors get official word/invoices on how many of the machines they ordered from Stern they're getting in the first run. For example, they could request an order of 30, and Stern might only fulfill and ship 8, 14, 22, or all 30 from the first run.

Never heard that before, but I am game for anything in today's world.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from AmericanZen:

I pull the interlock button out and everything plays fine, when I close the coin door that hinge hits the white interlock?? button and pushes it back in and it won’t play
[quoted image]

Reversed wiring on switch, someone post a pic of their wiring on the actual switch so he can compare his to a working one. His seems Normally Open, instead of Normally Closed.

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Played the LE on location yesterday. Got into my car afterward and immediately ordered a premium. Got lucky and got on the 1st run, should arrive next week

Wow, u must have a magic Distro! I don't even have confirmation yet. So jealous.

#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Mando I went ahead and created a rubber kit for the Premium/LE model:
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1870

Did you upload any pics or just create the kit? Need pics, help the player out.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Pictures of what? Just replace the black standard rubber with a Titan rubber. Use the manual for reference if needed. All Titan orders come with the reference card for additional assistance.

If you create a kit, you have the ability to upload pictures of your game with the ACTUAL rings installed.

Not worried about a reference card or a manual. Many want to see what others are doing with their games with these custom ring kits. Visuals, all about the Visuals.

#1527 2 years ago

Just got the phone call.................cue the girl scream...........think I passed out during call with Distro.

Ok, I am back, that should never happen. Premium shipped today from Stern. Family is excited. We have not played one anywhere, so this is going to be very special.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

It's been a really long day at work knowing that this is sitting at home waiting me for me...
[quoted image]

I feel for ya, FedEx Freight just called me. I have to leave work tomorrow to receive my shipment, make sure it looks good, then go back to work.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Shane
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b7d8407386105168b48843b55a99ce902da10160-1635985495-1800"};
//]]>

mainehomerec (https://www.mainehomerecreation.com)
I've purchased a number of pins from him, always a pleasure to do business with!

That is who I go with and just got my call today from.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Anyone seeing premiums delivered yet?

Yes, my Premium delivery is today.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, really weird there's not a slim post where those two lane guides don't quite come together.

Good spot to add one.

#1659 2 years ago

FedEx delivered, in the garage until tomorrow due to family activities. Was supposed to be delivered in the morning but truck issues delayed, but it is here now.

Godzillapremium (resized).jpgGodzillapremium (resized).jpg
#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

They are not treating games during shipping.
[quoted image]

That is a shame.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My shipping company FedEx didn't have me sign anything. I was there and the box was unmarked so I said it looks good, but it was odd that he didn't have me sign anything.

Lol, Failure on FedEx. Should have signed paper copy and received 2 copies. Otherwise, stolen or lost. Unless they are doing digital, but I doubt it. I have always signed paper for FedEx Freight.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Doubt that my guy said Nov 29th production on mine.

Wow, Mine was built on November 1st, got mine on November 4th, so hope u get it soon.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

You like it? Send pics.

Love it. Just changed out the flippers and put some Cliffy rubber posts on it. Will take pics tomorrow. Ran of of time today as I am doing a Ghostbusters upgrade too.

Ken

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I tilted up the right side of the pin a tiny bit and it seems to be a lot better.
I have to say this is a blast to play, got Eberus 3 spinners completed but got to excited and didn't cash out at the pop bumper.

I agree, I get excited in certain modes and lose focus at what I should continue to be doing. The game just has so much. I find myself thinking about what shots I missed when I am not playing, and how I can improve my game play. Family is cheering, it is a different atmosphere with this game for sure.

#2022 2 years ago

Added some Titan Silicone Green Flipper Rubber and Cliffy Posts. May try some other variations, this is just 1st go around with color scheme.

20211108_182621 (resized).jpg20211108_182621 (resized).jpg20211108_182640 (resized).jpg20211108_182640 (resized).jpg20211108_182651 (resized).jpg20211108_182651 (resized).jpg20211108_182702 (resized).jpg20211108_182702 (resized).jpg20211108_182731 (resized).jpg20211108_182731 (resized).jpg
#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Sorry I don't know the proper word for it. At the far back of the playfield closest to the backbox there is a vertical section that all the building facades and ramps go into. If I pull the playfield out there is a handle on the back of that. It seems like that entire vertical section is sort of wobbly or loose. It just feels weak when I lift by that handle where as my other sterns do not.

Bummer, I lifted mine out last nite and it was solid. I know that is not what you wanted to read, but I would have to assume something is loose.

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think the whole point is to make it a challenge. If it were easy it wouldn't be worth it. I use my chin.

I can't say what my Girlfriend uses. R-rated. Women are so lucky they have 2!

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Ouch! I understand your pain.
[quoted image]

Sad, clearly lazy, poorly trained fork drivers. As long as its not your property why should they care. Sad that a shipping company tolerates that on any item of value.

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Does stern make 50 machines a day? Or 100?
I wonder how much premiums will ship to europe.
The wait is on for this incredible machine.

I thought I read it was 80 per day, but I could be mistaken.

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

SDTM. My table is level, side to side. Checked and triple checked. However, in play testing I discovered my building is not level. With the plastic guides removed, the balls roll to the left every time and pretty quickly. See pics.
This may or may not be intentional from Stern but I'm not going to mess with the building. I'm only presenting it to you guys for thought.
And so far, removing just the right plastic guide or removing both plastics and adding the rubber bumper on the left is working great. I haven't decided which I prefer.

The building is skewed slightly to the left

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The building may be to the left, but it’s angled to the right, so when the balls fall off, they’re aimed STDM. Not sure how we’re seeing variation in how the balls fall. We all know how to level our games. So what else is it?

On my Premium, I tend to see balls go to left from Multiball once I leveled the game and set the pitch. I am going to see what the angle of the building is versus the rooftop if there is any difference. Seems like many are seeing too many variations here. Would be nice to collect some data and come up with a nice solution.

#2205 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

LE 194 in the house! Before I get to any serious playing, is there a Cliffy protector set out for Godzilla? I see there's a playfield protector already out, but, yeah, no, I don't know if I want to take everything apart to get it installed. Cliffys for sure, though.

I am sure Cliffy is already hard at work on this.

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I got some of his prototypes in over the weekend. Will share pics with him and you all after I install tonight.

Awesome news

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Any suggestions for how to get this plastic to lay flat like the rest?[quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen the nut, perhaps it is causing it to flex upwards.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Hot off the press! I have an early Godzilla Cliffy set installed. Make sure you reach out to Cliff via his website http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm or [email protected]. Tell him Brian sent you .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, still want to see a VUK protector, do you know if he is working on that Brian?

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I find the inserts in the game to be pretty odd, they are small and hard to read, and way back in the playfield. No inserts near the slings but rather in the center of the playfield under the wireform intersection so they are obstructed…

Nope, sometimes ya get tired of the giant insert letters. I found those distracted me more, just my 2 cents.

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol ok, you like the inserts being outside of tour natural line of site and covered by wireforms huh

Not what I said, but infer what u want. Lol how do you know what my natural line of sight should be? The game has many angles to many players, wouldn't you agree? Not here to be argumentative, just give some player perspective, been playing for nearly 40 years, but always learning.

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m glad we agree then!
I think there is a reason why basically every game has the key inserts near the slings/flippers. Not a huge deal, just an observation. It’s combination of position, size, and wireform coverage that makes it awkward for me.

Not agreeing with ya. Frustration is only yours, thanks for sharing it. Maybe it will get better, I may have frustrations as the code changes who knows. I just say not every game is for every person, it happens.

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from TFK:

Hey Guys
I have heard that the balls are going SDTM on Godzilla multi ball. I came up with this solution but not sure if it will work. I made a curved diverter out of PETG
Anybody want to test this out? Send me a pm with address and Ill send it out. This was mocked up on a pro so I have no idea if it will work or not.

Very cool, hopefully one of the pinsiders who was experiencing a lot of SDTM from Multi will grab this opportunity and provide some data for the group.

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Can’t keep up with all the posts so I apologize if this is discussed. I’ve played quite a few games on the LE, still so hard to walk away from, loving it.
A couple things, I think it needs the flipper cooling fans, are the rest of you experiencing that? After about 30 mins and wicked multiballs, mine get weak.
My shooter lane is clunky. I thought that was the cost of that extra real estate and I played my buddies and could hit the skill shot pretty consistently. Mine seems to do something different at the same power plunge every time, banging around in that left turn. Wondering where I might start here. It does get stuck coming back down on that switch, maybe that thing is too high and causing the issue going up as well.
This game is so good!!!

Yes, I have seen my flippers go weak so I have ordered PinMonks kit to help improve this.

#2527 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now that I've done it, sustain pedal is 100% the way to go for the center button on Godzilla (and probably BK:SoR, too). You have to be careful to get either a universal with switchable polarity or one that is OFF at rest and ON when pressed, or it won't work.
I used a CASIO SP-3 which is flimsier (plastic casing) than the Yamaha FC5 (metal casing), but the Yamaha is reverse polarity and the CASIO works as-is, which is important as I'm trying to keep the instructions simple. I'm waiting for a 1/4" jack mono extension cord to come in and I'll write up a thread how to do the mod so the pedal can be plugged and unplugged as needed externally. Total cost should be about $25 and it does require you to solder 2 wires.
Honestly Stern should just have a downward facing 1/4" jack on the underside front of the cabinet from here on out on all their Prem/LEs at the very least (BOM addition <$1) and then sell a branded Stern metal casing pedal for like $49.95.
Been playing the game with the pedal and it's night and day when that formerly accursed "charge the heat ray" callout happens. With the pedal? No problemo.
Casio pedal is here:
amazon.com link »

Is this a similar pedal that swinks is using for his ghotbusters proton mod, just curious.

#2566 2 years ago

Titans. I don't know titans from superbands from perfect play or anything else, so can't provide expert insights. Just enjoying these so far better than stock. More tacky than those, so definitely not too bouncy. I got green for the flippers, in case color matters (I've read it can, at least for some brands)

I put on Titan Low Bounce, really makes a difference.

#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Interesting. I have those mounts in my Godzilla LE but no antenna.

Post a pic of what you have.

#2772 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd places for scratches. I've had to ground these corners on several, but yours are in a diff spot
[quoted image]

If you flip the glass, looks like they line up with those staples in the wood

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Just set up premium, everything checks out except right flipper. Coil doesn't fire from the test menu or from flipper button. Flipper button works for other functions. Swapped out node 8 with functioning one from elvira, same issue. No power to coil when attempting to test. Left shows pulse on meter. Any ideas where to start
Thanks in advance

Can't imagine you have a bad coil right outta the gate. Could measure the Ohms of the coil and compare its reading against the left which is working if you find no other obvious signs, like others have mentioned.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Maybe traffic picked up later throughout the day and their servers been getting hammered. I turned on the machine at 11, and the update was ready 30-45 minutes later when I came back to the office. I just turned it on and didn't do anything else. left it alone while I did some work elsewhere.

Update took 40 minutes. Really nice update. Only played briefly, but visually it is a nice improvement.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Am I the only one noticing some issues with new code? Defeated Gigan with 3 shots. Some things don't seem to register correctly any more. Some light effects too dark.

You must be lucky, I have not defeated him yet, seems very difficult now.

#3137 2 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

LMFAO!!! This happens last night. Mechagodzilla caught the ball last night lol. My youngest son was laughing his ass off. Said Mechagodzilla was tired of getting smacked around LOL

Great Picture...I would frame that!

#3229 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Zero interest in qr. Nothing wrong with the idea, just not interested

Why not use heavy black matte paper then apply your custom print on top? No light bleed then.

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey, I gotta start somewhere!! I have it printed on transparent sheet, higher resolution. Should look better

Ok, Just sharing some ideas. Can't wait to see the final version.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Got my premium this weekend(game is amazing.) But I too have the clunkiest of clunky soft plunges as well. Hoping that re-aligning the shooter lane ramp as stated here helps? It doesn’t look right to me and kind of surprising it got assembled as such. Has anyone with this issue solved it yet with these suggestions?
Also, recent Stern builds(my Godzilla and also including my EHoH) have issues with the ball trough/kick out. Putting 2 balls in to the shooter lane right out of the box(not magnetized balls). Reseating the molex connectors to the trough sensor board didn’t help. It seems like there’s problems with the coil sleeve to the trough eject coil(sometimes not kicking the ball out enough and it falls back in subsequently kicking out 2 balls the next try) or an issue with the bend/angle of the metal of the trough assembly that the ball hits as it ricochets off it and into the shooter lane. Game is level side to side. Stern tech support has been cool trying to sort out my EHoH issue but a bit disappointed to see it happening again straight out of the box on Godzilla too. Anyone else have this? [quoted image]

Best thing to do is start logging issues. I have a notepad for when/if these items happen to me. Only had shooter issue once, and not again. Have other issues, so yes, this issue is concerning along with the others right out of the gate for Stern.

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Got my tesla strike mod yesterday from diddys mods yay, now to find time too install them haha

I hear ya. I have the Tesla Strike Mod, PinMonk's Tibetan Cooling Fans and his foot pedal Mods, plus changing out the all the rubbers. Gonna be a busy weekend. And find time to write reviews for them.

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Lots of wild balls flying off of Mechagodzilla and landng on the right ramp wireform. Only one Stuckagodzilla so far, but easily shaken free:
[quoted image]

I have yet to have one land there, mine always land in the habitrail and feed back into the game.

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Check to make sure your mech is level with the playfield, you can also turn down the power of your flippers a little bit too.

I swapped out my Stern balls for Ball Baron's Carbon Steel Pinballs. Not as shiny, but they will resist the magnetization over time. Have used them for years on many games. Not saying this is a factor or sponsoring, but every lil bit helps along with leveling game. I did not change my flipper strength.

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm still struggling with the cheap drains. Based on the responses I got yesterday, it seems I am not the only one. The game has been spending more time turned off than being played lately, because every time I think 'today it's going to be different!' it's just more of the same right out of the gate. The shots and combos on this game are next level, but I feel like I can't keep the ball in play long enough to get anywhere. I'm going to have some friends over who are A-level players and see if they fare any better on it.

It is a tough game for sure. I know I just go play another pin to clear my mind, not sure if that helps or not. Then I think about what I was doing or not doing. Was I missing a mode, overplaying a ramp or shot that wasn't critical. Simple things, or was it the gameplay that got me, like SDTM or airballs, etc. Arghhh, now I want to play.

#3403 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You guys win. Will put more thought into my choice of words next time.

No, no, no, Not about win or losing here. All about having fun, being a good, happy or whatever kind of pinballer you decide to be. I hope all the advice from here and your A-player friends are helpful. I am always learning. I come from an old school of pinball, but love the modern stuff so much even though I don't react the way I used to when I was younger. I live through my kids and their friends, but can still out together some great scores. Hang in there.

#3441 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed. My game seems to add a lot of what I call "extra" balls into the game at various times during my gameplay and I can't seem to figure out if this is random by the game design. Sometimes it seems like they are ball saves.

#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

That was happening to me on my pro. Turned out the right inlane and outlane switches were installed reversed.
So the inlane wasn’t advancing the fighter but would spit out a ball save ball instead.

I knew something seemed odd. Thank you. So it is a wiring problem?

#3446 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

No they just put the switches in the wrong lane. You should be able to undo them and swap the lane they’re in. That’s what I did, easier than desoldering the wires.

Gotcha. Thanks so much. I was watching gameplay videos and did not see this happening. So before I called Stern, figured I ask here. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Edit-Video showing Issue in Test Mode

#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Still pretty frustrated with my gate issue. It comes down to the fac that my building isn't going down far enough.
I checked and nothing appears to be blocking its path downward but even after manually moving the pulleys down, it still will not go down far enough to release the balls. This is evident I believe by the bottom tab on the building not being able to make contact with what I'm guessing is a bottom limit switch.
[quoted image]

Just coming into this post, have you done the software part yet for the stepper motor?

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Yep. It's definitely something mechanical. I hear the motor struggling down low and the the floor is perfectly level with playfield to start

Binding on the drive it seems like. . Or just a thought here, is it possible someone left washer or some type of sleeve on top of the guide rods at the top and that is restricting full travel to the bottom? Just looking at the manual for the building trying to see what could restrict movement here.

Call Stern or your Distributor.

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from cyberock:

Having a problem on my Godzilla premium. When the building collapses and then the ball is shot in, it hesitates. It doesn't know the ball is there and it has to raise and lower the building and do a check for the ball. The ball ends up not being locked because of it. Here is a link to the video of it doing it:

Yes. So if you have a multiball happening and then shoot a ball back into the building, the game somehow loses track of the game ball. All balls get kicked out, then it find the ball and continues to play. Stern needs to fix this.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Mine is doing this as well.
Machine is WI FI Insider Connected and 8.0 is up to date.
When I play a game while being connected the machine will almost always power down during gameplay and re-boot.

We had an instance where it would not let us start a new game, then it logged us all out of insider connect. Some odd stuff is happening on the new code from .80 and up.

#3473 2 years ago

Installed PinMonks LE Tibetan Cooling Mod for Flippers. Took less than 10 minutes and Wow, what an improvement.

20211125_095902 (resized).jpg20211125_095902 (resized).jpg20211125_095908 (resized).jpg20211125_095908 (resized).jpg20211125_095938 (resized).jpg20211125_095938 (resized).jpg20211125_100444 (resized).jpg20211125_100444 (resized).jpg
#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

What it the difference, are you saying that the flippers are somehow underperforming in there original form - what have I missed here?

Yes, flipper fade. Well documented here on Pinside.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How are you getting a ball in the building after multiball starts? Are you talking the special case where you have a ball on the PF before and somehow manage to shoot the lock shot 2nd level of the building before it goes fully up?
The building should be in the 'loop through' level during multiball.

An anomaly. My girlfriend has had it happen. Say she is in a batttle, then triggers mutiball is one way.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from cyberock:

Is this an acknowledged bug or is this something going wrong with the hardware?

I can't say either way, going to start recording our gameplay to catch and identify it.

#3492 2 years ago

Just installed PinMonks Foot Pedal Mod, and I have to say It is pretty great. I like the Action button, but having a foot pedal on the ground is a game changer. Does not require me to adjust my thought or catch and hold balls on the flipper to press the action button. Plus the fact that you can use use either one. My family is loving this feature.

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Me neither. I’ve noticed it with other games but not with Godzilla. I think I played 3 hours straight yesterday.

Lucky

I noticed it immediately. Put a thermal probe next to the coils to measure and I was losing the battle with heat. This game is hard enough, not going to fight flipper fade.

#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I lowered the outlane posts to the bottom holes to help from getting so many drains.
I feel like it’s training wheels but it really helped my games last so much longer.

No shame in that. I always do that when I buy a new game. Then when family improves, we move them.

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So as soon as you start playing your coils are overheating? Sounds like something other than “flipper fade.”

No the fade happens over time, not immediately. There is some initial drop, but nothing that I have not seen on my other games at start up to be a concern.

If I am playing alone, It seems manageable, it is when adding 2 3 and 4 players is when the fade become noticeable. I am still monitoring even with the fans installed just so I don't see spikes. Could be isolated to only my machine, but I just wanted to share the review of the install for Victor, aka PinMonk.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Classy move ignoring the troll
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"dfc47e6ac21e9a478989b7e0ba49a39e88c6347f-1637863504-1800"};
//]]>

What?

#3507 2 years ago

Changed out the rubbers to orange. Seems to be a better choice. Had green at 1st, but was not feeling it with the art.

20211125_130414 (resized).jpg20211125_130414 (resized).jpg
#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Never mind I guess you didn’t see the snide comment someone made about you.

It is okay. Here to post and be positive only.

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like more contrast is the way to go. I might try blue to tie in with the lane guides and the ocean/space/sky in the art. The orange on yellow bats kind of gets lost.

I am trying out a few colors, I do kinda agree with you, but the family wanted to try orange so we will give a go for a little bit. I did out light blue in other places and like it, so you are onto something with that color choice.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Red matches best IMO[quoted image]

Looks good, did you only put red on the flippers?

#3549 2 years ago

Is anyone experiencing this issue. Ball is locked, then go to shoot red flashing arrow for destruction jackpot the game goes into ball search. I made a video clip.

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Light blue looks pretty good
[quoted image]

Now I think that looks really good.

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks like the ball isn’t making it fully through the loop and is getting stuck as it tries to roll back through the building. Your ball also got stuck at the building entrance. So the stop point of the building is likely your problem. Its simply not a flat ball path and getting stuck

Thank you, will look into the building, check level to playfield again

#3576 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

How do these interact with the game? Any video?

#3684 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

where are people getting the action button foot pedal? I've seen a few people mention it, but i haven't found one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/action-button-foot-pedal-for-bksor-godzilla-etc#post-6625202

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why is everyone into cheating? This is cheating, right? The whole point is that it is difficult to do. Risk and reward. You guys neutered that.

Not cheating to small kids learning the game, or my friends, and family who come over and want to learn the game as well I say my game, I will do whatever I want to it. My opinion has always been the action buttons are cool, but can be over an over complicated mechanism, but hey, I am not a game designer or a tournament player.

#3697 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Is it cheating to use a beer belly to hit the button?

Nope, a great method. +1

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's my thing - regular people pay for the machine as entertainment. So, find the settings and setup that does that - entertains. Who cares what anyone else thinks if you're not playing competitively? If it's not fun for YOU, then make it fun or sell it and move on.
There are ways to make the button integration fun. jjPotC did it with the gold collection. Deadpool's "BOOM" button is great, etc. As-is, heat Ray charge just isn't fun, plain and simple. And honestly, with a pedal, an option to pump up the heat ray would be...fun. It would also look hilarious as you're pumping with your foot and flipping.

I was just discussing this, more options for the action button in the code other than the heat ray. Who knows, maybe Elwin and company will add another feature for the action button.

#3710 2 years ago

An internal setting is another thing. That is a software observable change that can be documented with the high scores on insider.
Physically altering your game should basically omit all your high scores on insider. Otherwise what is the point if we are all cheating?

Yawn

#3711 2 years ago

Hitting that button can be challenging, but we adapt and learn as we go along. So now I just pop a Viagra 30 minutes before play

Those coin slots must take a beating lmao

#3721 2 years ago

I am a bit bitter that people are wrecking games. Its sad.

Wrecking games...LMAO oh man I need a good laugh

#3726 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I call it the fat button. We got some good laughs out of it. I'm just the right height that I can hit it with little effort. Damn you COVID belly. Ha!

Lol, I don't have the fat belly, or covid belly but that sounds fun.

#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a mod for that, too.
[quoted image]

CHEATER!!! Stop ruining pinball. Lol who needs a box of tissues for the tears.

#3824 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

just got my premium last night and does anyone else having a issue with moving the playfield? mine is crazy tight in the cabinet and is difficult lifting and lowering? mine has zero room on the sides

Contact Distributor or Stern. Should not be super tight. Next issue will be removing your glass.

#3836 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I never had the glass on but I emailed stern and waiting for a response. Never had a game (including JJP) that has been this tight and having a hard time lifting & lowering. Wonder if it's a warped cabinet but somethings definitely off.

The glass was not installed in the game upon delivery?

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

It was, I was adding pin stadium lights and mirror blades when I notice how tight it was.

Gotcha. Time to take measurements and compare them to your manual.

#3844 2 years ago

I did this for my wife and I it's great having it right there to swap in and without messing with the phone to bring up photos etc....
Just don't laminate as the sensor doesn't like the gloss shine for reading

Very nice idea, may have to do something similar for the family like Key Fobs with QR codes

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Just gotta gift from a fellow pinball friend of mine and Im loving it! Diddy mods killed it! Just wish the third tower could line up with the second and I could string up wires for them! Love love LOVE THIS MOD! ❤
[quoted image]

You can move the 3rd tower, another pinsider moved theirs, just have to use alternate means to secure it.

#3939 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

Is there a post or website that has the, at least up to now, complete ruleset for Godzilla? I have the premium and am really trying to figure it all out better to improve my scores. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I can't seem to find it.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's a node board you can easily tell swapping node 8 and node 9 (and setting the dip switches to tell each one it's the other - the settings are in the manual). They're interchangeable. If swapping fixes the problem, it was that board. It doesn't look like CN9 is used on node 9, so swapping shouldn't make something else not work.
Easy way to verify, and if that's it you can play it while you're waiting for Stern to send another node board.

Are the wires to the EOS on the left flipper reversed? Did you already prove this to be correct?

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

End of Stroke switch. It's the one on the flipper plate that is triggered when the flipper hits the peak of it's swing to tell the machine to reduce to hold power. I don't *think* it would matter in this case, but that's what it is.
Did you try the node board swap?

To disprove, take the NC contact and make it NO and then see what happens. Switch test is only firing the ground state, not opening the contact. This is how I would rule out incorrect wiring, before swapping boards. Downside is, the coil may fire repeatedly, until you manually close the contact, but you then know it is wired incorrectly. I included pics of my flipper mechs, hope the images help.
20211125_095902 (resized).jpg20211125_095902 (resized).jpg20211125_095908 (resized).jpg20211125_095908 (resized).jpg20211125_100444 (resized).jpg20211125_100444 (resized).jpg

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would you do this verse simply looking at the switch test output while manually moving the flipper paw?
If the flipper fires in coil test but not when he flips, the problem is likely in the flipper switch circuit which he can also investigate with switch test.

He may only be a one man show. So was just a suggestion, so not permanent if he bends leaf. Harder to manually operate and look at display if you are a one man show sometimes, from my experience.

Already know it fires in coil test, will not flip, but upper does fire. I believe I read it does report as working in switch test, but I could be wrong, that is why I suggested check wiring on EOS.

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't even need to lift the playfield to check this with switch test Just manually move the flipper while looking at switch test on the display. Upper flipper is a separate switch on the same stack. It's even possible the two switches are just stacked wrong and the second switch isn't getting enough travel to engage.
He should just open the coin door, enable the high power with the interlock switch, goto switch test, test the flipper buttons. The left flippers are switch 25 and 27 and should each both close when he hits the left flipper button. If they they never close, lift the playfield and check the mechanical action at the switch at the cabinet, visually inspect the two wire tabs on each switch and ensure nothing is disconnected. Try to manually close switch and see if switch test shows closure. If not, follow wiring back to CN9 on Node board 9 and look for something amiss. All three flipper switches are on that same CN9 connector.
EOS he can test by just manually moving the flipper during switch test and ensuring switch 16 opens when the flipper bat nears its end of swing.
It's likely something simple with either a single disconnected wire or simply the switches stacked wrong and not engaging.. which is easily tested with your fingers first.

I believe the OP has done all the above, so we are at board swap and EOS.

#4075 2 years ago

Adding custom Mechagodzilla armor artwork to my Premium.

07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpg07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpgfaff82320af41327527f9651e15ee1472b913deb (resized).jpgfaff82320af41327527f9651e15ee1472b913deb (resized).jpgfd69de8835f00b6df30d7810d8dd8af33943dcb3 (resized).jpgfd69de8835f00b6df30d7810d8dd8af33943dcb3 (resized).jpg
#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

That looks great- can’t wait to see install pictures

Will be a few more weeks until the install. Not worried about being busy. Going to light up the speakers yellow.

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Nice - I can appreciate all the effort that has gone into this. Very cool use of something within the theme.
Can't wait to see it all loaded up.

Thank you.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Nice job! Did you air brush these parts yourself?

No, I had these done by a very talented artist who does great work on Pinball Machines.

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRaygun_:

Gotcha. Appreciate the info.
I swapped the node boards. Flipper works now. But when I pulled off node board 8, there was a screw lodged in between the PCB and the playfield. Still gonna get a replacement board though. Can't thank you enough for the help!

Wow, glad you have it sorted out and found that screw!

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm weird about "seeing too much" before I get a game. I won't watch any videos after seeing some of the release videos, so I won't be watching any Godzilla streams or strategies until after I get my Premium and try to see and figure things out myself.
Even then I'll generally look here or Tilt forums and Pinball Enthusiasts on FB to help me with a question as I learn and develop strategies.
Once I understand everything, then I may watch some streams or videos.
Worked out pretty well for me on Deadpool and AIQ. And now I have some of my own videos on YouTube...

I did not watch anything until my game arrived, then I played for days, then I started to watch some videos

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

We are having launch party for the Premium on 12/10. In addition to the Stern swag, we are giving away the Show-Era Films Blu-ray set. We are undecided on which achievement one must obtain in order to win that prize. GC gets the plaque, group match play winner gets the translite. Any suggestions for the Blu-ray set?
[quoted image]

Was the Swag Bag only with the LE models?

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Stern gave us a launch party kit but it didn't come with the machine.

Gotcha

#4225 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

eyeamred2u - I actually had an LE, but no goodie bag...

Oh well, Pay big dollars, but no goodie bags except what is stapled to inside of cabinet.

#4248 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm hoping there is something released for the button activated atomic heat breath. So far it's not very fun to use. Maybe some side blades that sequence or flash blue?
Or maybe a modder can release something after a code update?
Just seems lacking compared to how awesome the rest of the game is with the exception of the cheap ufo plastic.

So you don't like having to let go of the flippers to press the button is what you are saying? There is a foot pedal mod already out there if that is what you are asking.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yep, I love it too. And wife loves laughing at me when I trap up and use my chin to activate it!

Lol, Chin cheater!

#4276 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Exactly. Hopefully something like that or better with some code updates or cool mod would make the charge up and blast so much fun.
By the way I don't need a foot pedal to activate the button when my beer belly works so well.

I like when the game goes dark and then all red, but it definitely needs some added light effects as mentioned.
Oh no, beer belly Heat Ray! There goes Tokyo! Lol

#4343 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

My Premium arrived late yesterday. Did a quick setup, including inspecting the underside for problems. Plays great right out of the box. Need to clean the playfield, very dusty, and ad some mods.
Has anyone else noticed that the clearcoat appears to be very thin? My Guardians seems thicker.
Grt game, looking forward to putting it into the line up.

Wax it for sure

#4408 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anything new on the overly fast damaged balls and how to prevent it?

Change out balls. Buy BallBarons Carbon Balls.

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve never had stern balls hold up well.

Amen.

#4433 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I put green titan rubbers on last night and omg soooo much better. Can hit the loop better. Stock rubber doesn’t have the bounce. Plus kind of sticky so easier to catch and shoot. Putting them on my other machines. Wonka is better too. Put purple on that.

Did you do low bounce Titans? Or Standard? I just changed out my Green Titans, family wanted Orange, works for now.

#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I got my premium on Monday but did not really get a chance to set it up till yesterday. Got to play a few games but noticed some issues right away.
1. The ball rattles like crazy on plunge against the side of mechagodzilla. Softer plunges don’t have an issue obviously but if I’m going for the other skill shot it never makes it past that point.
2. The drop from the magnet barely catches the end of the upper flipper which means I can’t hit the loop for destruction jackpots.
3. When I try to hit the loop during regular play the ball hits the loop entryway guide and immediately rattles up and down before dribbling back out. I have made it actually go through the loop once in 10 games and even that one barely made it after rattling.
All of this sounds like a leveling issue but I put my old school manual level straight across on 3 different points on the playfield and the bubble is perfectly in the center.
I played a pro on location and could make the loop consistently. The drop from the magnet in that game was fine as well. Not sure what else to do except maybe order a digital level if my manual one can’t be trusted.
Any recommendations for a good digital level?

Klein Tools 935DAG Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Measures 0 - 90 and 0 - 180 Degree Ranges, Measures and Sets Angles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZWW3BW5/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_CJR8XZJ3MRA81RVPXP3N

#4436 2 years ago

This preferable to the more standard long rectangular ones I see people post? Bought a couple of those and haven't had success anticipated getting them to function as expected (I'm a total newbie). Flat surface doesn't calibrate to 0.0 or when I calibrate it on the floor then move to various other surfaces (table, counter) is no longer 0.0.
Also, the lengths of the ones I've tried don't fit well with Godzilla's criss cross metal ramps

I have no issues with mine, been using for it years. I am sure there are better options out there, just have to find what works. I would think the 3D printing Group would have an all in one file ready to go for 6.7 pitch and horizontal level where all you need is to buy small bubble levels.

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just completed my premium Elwin Row… every single one of those is fantastic its so hard to choose which to play but Godzilla is the current favorite so much to do on such a young code very excited for the future.

Very nice. Like the Color on Godzilla. Did you do that or did you send it out?

#4716 2 years ago

Good News for those suffering from the broken plastic at the Magna Grab from the Bridge. Spoke with Eddie stern today, they have a kit that will help with the issue. Not sure when Distributors will be told about the kit, as my distro has not heard yet.

20211214_203727 (resized).jpg20211214_203727 (resized).jpg

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Great info, thanks! (For anyone who hears more when the time comes, please do keep us posted here!)

When the kit arrives, I will provide pictures and details.

#4777 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It is pretty a simple model, but it did take me quite a few hours to tweak to get them to print cleanly without thin walls on an FDM printer because they are so small. I upload files to thingiverse all the time for the sake of helping others out (much of which is pinball related):
https://www.thingiverse.com/toyotaboy02/designs
Let me make a few bucks to pay for my 3d modeling time and I'll happily upload this to thingiverse eventually. I'm not really "profiting", each car takes 45 minutes to print and I typically charge $5/hour to run any of my printers. The extra $5 is for shipping and handling

Filament cost money, time is worth something. The argument of "it's not some giant 3d file" is absurd".
All these mod guys and hobbyist are doing what they love and enjoy and should absolutely make some money. Those that "choose" to put stuff out there for free make that choice, but stop with crapping on those who make a few bucks. Absurd.

#4778 2 years ago

Trying to match the playfield art on this vinyl bank. Going to try to add some more black to try to make it less painterly.

Key-and-Peele-Nooice-XP-Gain-Sound-Replacer (resized).jpegKey-and-Peele-Nooice-XP-Gain-Sound-Replacer (resized).jpeg
#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Filament cost money, time is worth something. The argument of "it's not some giant 3d file" is absurd".
All these mod guys and hobbyist are doing what they love and enjoy and should absolutely make some money. Those that "choose" to put stuff out there for free make that choice, but stop with crapping on those who make a few bucks. Absurd.

Key-and-Peele-Nooice-XP-Gain-Sound-Replacer (resized).jpegKey-and-Peele-Nooice-XP-Gain-Sound-Replacer (resized).jpeg
#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Trying to match the playfield art on this vinyl bank. Going to try to add some more black to try to make it less painterly.
[quoted image]

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from Daveyj73:

Hello everyone, I just received my GZ premium today. Playing a few game. I’m noticing my upper left flipper is pretty “soft”I’ve set it at 172 power in the flipper setting. Default is 160. My bottom left and right clippers were set at default 240 left/230 right. Curious if anyone has made any adjustments to the upper flipper coil adjustment and have had improvement, and if your bottom flipper were set balance or not. Thanks

I was up 20 on each flipper early on, now I am back to default settings on all flippers. Game is at 6.9 pitch, and I seeing much better gameplay. I was noticing soft flippers the higher I went. I am using Titan low bounce flipper rubbers.

#4817 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wtf?
[quoted image]

Gonna take a few hours I bet until it starts hitting machines. Let's hope sooner.

Spoke too soon. Downloading now.

20211216_195554 (resized).jpg20211216_195554 (resized).jpg
#4835 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

this was thumb drive, took maybe 15min to install...download alone from wifi would have been over 30

40 minutes total for me. Start to finish on WiFi, install and Restart.

#4883 2 years ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Drink coasters from the Godzilla launch party at Logan’s Arcade.
[quoted image]

Wow, very nice swag.

#4958 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Playing .85 last night and found a bug and wondered if anyone has seen it.
-
In Tokyo ball one I defeated a kaiju and during same ball was awarded “light battle” as a maser cannon award. Battle was lit at scoop, but when shooting the scoop it would show part of the select battle animation, but would then just kick out
the ball without allowing selection.
-
This happened throughout the rest of the game, shot scoop 4-5x.
I’m going to try to recreate it today to see if it’s specific to the maser cannon award.

Yes, this happened to my girlfriend as well. I thought it was random, cuz I have not seen it since and I have set up my GoPro to record games now.

#4959 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably has to do with the fact that you can’t play a tier 2 mode in Tokyo.

Then shouldn't you be able to choose another kaiju?

#5122 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So what exactly qualifies kiju battle? Is it just hitting the ramps a few times? I feel like some games i qualify it right away and others it takes forever.
Also, i think im feeling some flipper fade on right flipper deep into games. I think its time for pinmonk coil fans on this one

Quoted from Muymanwell:

quick poll of the owners here...has anyone noticed much thermal drop off on the flippers? I feel like i may, but it could just my subconscious trying to make up for my crappy play on longer sessions

I did, and I installed PinMonks cooling kit and fade went away.

#5124 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Godzilla has fade, for sure. With stock settings it takes longer to get to fade (unlike, say Stranger Things that gets there in about 15 minutes), but if you're playing long sessions, you WILL feel it.
And it dovetails with this, so might as well add that the magnet cooler is going in the store here and on pinmonk.com later today. It requires a Tibetan Breeze kit already be installed as it uses the left over connector from the 3 Flipper SLE1 kit or the 2 flipper kit to power it.[quoted image]

Hot damn, already have the matching kit, can't wait to add this, thanks PinMonk.

#5130 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Do the coil coolers truly help?

Yes, I have had mine on since week 2 of owning the game and they make game play so much better. I know other have posted of zero fade issues, however I can only speak to my game.

#5149 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Anybody ever try a simple 6 inch fan under the playfeild to eliminate flipper fade ?

Need to narrow the scope of the cooling for it to have any realistic effect. Otherwise, the air is just moving around like a convection oven.

#5243 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

If anyone is interested in a backbox flasher mod for the PREMIUM only- includes shipping. Here's my humble little mod. It's plug and Play, easy bracket install in back box with existing screws, it uses a control board to go off the spinner switch input-(or any switch you choose)so you can program different effects(it will come preprogrammed), and later if you wish easily add more flashers in parallel, for instance on the playfield near Godzilla, behind his breathe, ect. individually fused and uses the un-used 12v power connector in the backbox, no power what so ever drawn from a node board, LE and pro not available yet. It looks amazing especially if you play with the backbox lights dimmed.
If interested PM me and I'll get a list together I'm waiting for parts to come in. Price is $65

Pretty cool

#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Im a little late to the thread.
Just got an LE.
Having issue with the turn table not moving back to the Original position.
Anyone?[quoted image]

Have you raised the playfield and inspected for interference? Loose switch/bracket? How does it operate in switch test?

#5252 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone done anything other than an le style powder coat on a pro? Or photoshopped it? Wondering what orange, yellow, green and red look like, so many colours on the art don’t know what would look good!

Yes, there are already other variations showing up in this thread. I have a custom Mechagodzilla theme almost ready to go on my game. Waiting for it to arrive.

07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpg07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpg
#5255 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Picked up my pro yesterday from FedEx. Setting up tonight for Christmas Day.
[quoted image]

Merry Christmas!! What an awesome day that will be.

#5382 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I know it's been commented on many times but why does stern continue to use such crappy coil stops? I know it's all about saving a buck but in approximately 250 plays, right stop was completely shot and left was near as bad. I have pinball life ones on hand, 5 minute fix, but this needs to be fixed stern!

Wow. Not surprised, I will be checking mine now for sure.

#5413 2 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

My Godzilla Pro arrived today. When the coin door is closed, it will not operate. The interlock switch has to be in the extended position. I've been emailing with Stern support but I think they may have wrapped up for the day. Any thoughts?

Reversed wires, was discussed way early in this thread

#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

There’s just no getting around this one so far, huh guys? Did somebody say Stern is working on a fix/kit for the bridge slamming the plastic?
[quoted image]

Yes, I did. Reach out to Stern Technical Support 1st and let your Distributor know you are contacting them as well, they may give you a form to fill out.

#5473 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Today I heard back from Pablo Padilla at Stern tech support regarding the plastic around the bridge being damaged. He said there IS a kit they have that protects the plastic around Magna-Grab, but it's currently out of stock. He said when it's back in stock, it'll be sent to me....no cost.

Have not received my kit yet, fingers crossed any day now.

#5476 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did they give you an idea what it consists of? Just a piece of plastic over the top of the existing one will just make it thicker. Seems like a metal replacement is a better idea, but I doubt that's what they're doing...

Nope

#5492 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

I would have figured out a way to mount that dead center in the back to replace the small Mothra, just my 2 cents. Your game so you get to what you like. Thank you for sharing.

#5537 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

RE: Bridge plastic kit from Stern
Do you have to contact someone at Stern to get kit or to be placed on wait list for kit?
Or
Do they send kit to every Premium and LE owner who has registered their machine?

Already been discussed multiple times, just go back an re read the thread.

#5630 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, you must be playing a LOT of games. Isn't the HSTD reset set for like 1000 plays by default?

A good setting to turn off for sure.

#5712 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

All this talk of that back orbit got me curious. So I checked mine (game was November 30, 2021 build).
For additional comment/reference:
On my game, behind the Drake building, there is a notch cut out between the right and left back orbit walls but it is tight/flush between these orbit guides. There is no gap/overlap noted. Mine looks identical to the picture that was just posted ^^

Call Stern and Send Distro a Picture and see what their respone is.

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I emailed Terry at Pinballlife a couple of days ago about some coils, but no response. Anyone know if they're having problems with their website or something?

No, just had them ship an order out. Could be playing catch up with order fulfillment, give them a day or 2.

#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I see a lot of talk about flipper coil fade, anybody have shooter lane coil fade? Mine just did, I turned the power up and that helped a bit. I'll let it sit for a while and see if that helps.

How far away is the shooter tip from the ball when it is in the lane? , is their mis-alignment of the shooter rod? Something loose? Spring broken? Have you measured the ohms of the coil for accuracy?

#6123 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Will the all
Purpose cleaner make my ramps super fast?!? Hahaha I’m sick of barely getting to the top
And then rolling back down to a drain.

No, hit the shot better lol

Just kidding.

#6177 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea Im getting some airballs too when hitting some targets. Once in a while itll end up into a wireform or hitting the wireform.

Wow, I never get airballs like this. Is your table pitch really low? Flipper strength turned up high?

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

It is lalmost like the targets are spring loaded.. I think the pitch is about 6.5 and flipper strength is at factory setting. What do you have your flippers set at?

Pitch is 6.8 and factory flipper settings.

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I placed a couple washers giving a slight down angle to the targets. It seems to have fixed the problem
[quoted image]

I thought someone created a new bracket to eliminate this problem?

#6328 2 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Hearing from my distributor that it will be late this year or early next for my premium to be built/delivered. Others hearing the same?

I can't hear you over the sound of my Premium!!! What did you say?? Lol

#6339 2 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

That’s just cruel, man.

I feel for you, I really do, because the next game I order, I know it is gonna take a long time.

If you come up the city, my door is always open.

#6516 2 years ago

Put in a new Start button today while I was replacing the junk coil stop which to my surprise only 1 of the 3 was failed. Thanks to RocketCity Pinball for making this button to match my armor(Shipped finally).

20220117_153409 (resized).jpg20220117_153409 (resized).jpg20220117_153614 (resized).jpg20220117_153614 (resized).jpg20220117_153702 (resized).jpg20220117_153702 (resized).jpg

#6523 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So if I want a GZ Premium and don’t want to significantly overpay for a HUO one and maybe willing to wait, what is the best place to order one and when realistically do you think I’d see it?

Shane @ MaineHomeAumesements.

#6540 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

for those that are considering adding pinmonk's fans: they are incredibly easy to install (be aware if you have a mod like led buttons, etc, installed into the c11 power of the board on the left of your cabinet, you'll need a splitter), and i've noticed absolutely no thermal drop since putting them in. There's a minor whine from the fans when the table goes silent, but it's not noticeable during play. I definitely recommend them if you've experienced any flipper or magnet power loss on longer sessions.

Have had these since the very beginning and have added the magna grab cooling fan. Best decision in a house with a family always playing for hours at a time and friends on the weekend.

#6662 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Question - does it seem like something should go here? Maybe a post sleeve instead?[quoted image]

Oxygen Destroyer Mod!

#6754 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If your mechzilla goes Alien mode.. don't wait. Get to the screw before the mech comes apart.
[quoted image]
Here's the setup.. the pan head screw holding the magnet can work free.
[quoted image]
It's kind of a PITA because that spring washer doesn't fit through the plastic shell easily, so if it escapes the magnet pole.. it's a PITA to get on the magnet, through the hole, and aligned with the coil at once. I pulled it through, bent it a bit narrower.. and by not aligning it with the coil, I was able to get it halfway through the hole, and force it through with the magnet pole... then get it in the coil.
But note when trying to put the screw back in, you have to lift the coil (it's otherwise not supported) up some to get a nice squared fit for the screw. You can't hold the magnet to keep it from spinning either, but the spring washer is there I think to help get that tension for you. Recommend putting some locktite on the screw when you re-install it.
Probably easier if you took the mech off completely, but I didn't see an easy way to get to the screws holding mechzilla on.

That is a Secret Combo Shot Mode. Belly Button Pop Out!

#6852 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

They're 120/set! For that much they shouldn't break in the first place.

They are not made of lead now, so let's not get carried away. An air ball has been known to happen in pinball.

#6922 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I've got hundreds of games on my Pro with Tdiddy's towers with no problems what so ever, and no damage. I think they're a great mod appearance wise, the style matches nearly exactly the tower pictured in the Pro backglass, the other version I've seen doesn't look anywhere near as good and seems out of place imo.
Maybe I've just been lucky - they are kinda fragile seeming, I have no doubt a direct airball hit would be a problem, but I've not had any airballs really come close to them in all these games.
I'd look at tracking down the cause of the airballs to start, on a Pro anyway. If it's a Premium with the airballs coming off the Mecha jump ramp and bash, then idk... Someone recently did indicate there is a bit of adjustment of that jump-ramp shot trajectory via the plastic on the top of the turntable beside that ramp, though I'm not sure which direction that helped to re-aim the the jump shot in. Might have been in the mod thread if not this one.

I don't think it is an airball issue. My thought is that the playfield was raised and the balls were not removed and a ball smashed the tower. It happens. We are human and forget. If this was not the case for a tower breaking, I can't understand it. I have a shaker motor, kids playing every day and these day one towers are going strong. So maybe it is just by chance their is a failure rate happening here, and that is unfortunate to the end users. Hopefully the new design helps.

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just stop. That's not what happened. Not trying to jam up the owner's thread with this crap. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Lol, no

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from NJNeil:

Shout out to Pinball Refinery on a most excellent job done on my newly-arrived Godzilla Premium Refinery#1. My second custom process with the Refinery and it was an absolute blast. He combines true craftmanship with first-rate customer service. If anyone is thinking of giving their Godzilla the Refinery treatment, I think it is 100% worth the investment.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What color is that? Orange or red? Pictures look great.

#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

MonsterZilla
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you have my armor set from Marco, I have been waiting for a month now to receive that exact armor set from him.

#7106 2 years ago

Of course it is, I am just joking because I am still waiting on my set to arrive from him.

#7111 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I wish that my wife looked that happy about pinball!

Trade her in! That is what I did. Only cost me 2 legs, 2 arms, but man am I happy now just floating on a cloud 9 now lol

#7114 2 years ago

Thank you, I am excited. I can't wait to work with him again once he is ready.

#7136 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

I realize this is an LE, but is that vinyl or aftermarket legs to dress it up like that? Some said it's a marco armor kit?

Custom paint job, I have the same armor set arriving for my Premium machine.

#7198 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

a question to all the Godzilla premium/Le lovers...
I have an Iron maiden LE and I have the chance to trade it for a Godzilla LE. What would you do?
Buying a new premium will take 6 months or more...

No, Add to the collection. Maiden is a great pin like Godzilla. IMO, would be an instant regret.

#7429 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Why Does my Godzilla LE have some cheap recycled lockdown bar ?
It has rust !!!!
Can’t be more disappointed.

Tape off the powder coat, buy some evaporust, then spray the rust, then rinse with hot water. Will neutralize. No one will see it, can always repaint the ends.

#7435 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

If you don’t coat metal that you used evaporust on, the metal will oxidize again. Might as well paint or clear it.

Was hoping it was implied, but thanks for the added tip. Go team effort.

1 week later
#7806 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is there any way to add time in the Kaiju battles?

Yep

#7811 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Care to share? Lol

Sure, go into the menus and find it like I did. Life isn't easy! Lol just kidding
20220218_161416 (resized).jpg20220218_161416 (resized).jpg

#7819 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

My left slingshot is going off randomly. Any advice on how to fix it?

Sell the game, you got a bad one.

#7825 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

You're right it's garbage. $25,000 obo. That's how things go now right?
Thanks for the advice I'll tinker with it.

Lol

#7840 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Thanks Sonic for the rollover. This helped the ball stuck issue i was having. The slot itself is still a potential hangup, but doesnt seem to happen anymore with the switch actuator removed.
[quoted image]

Looks good, I have yet to install mine for the rollover next to mecha, on mine to do list.

#7846 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not stuck. Just changes the path a hair. Really slow rollers could benefit from no physical switch there.

I saw a post about some issues with slow rollers, path changers, etc, so I decided to test it out for myself and see. Will most likely install tomorrow. I also like the one near the saucer as well as I have experienced a few issues in that area as well, but time will tell on that one. More details and pictures to follow.

Ken

#7849 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The switch is stiff enough it can cause hangups when fully up. I’ve had to bend the switch on a fee examples to keep it from happening. Just making the blade not as tall above the playfield is all it takes (pulling the hoop down)

I am with you on the standard switch and how to adjust. This mrs switch is a nice alternative, imo.

#8072 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wow, great finding this post! Thanks!

This spot:

Just curious if you found how badly this was beat up. When a weak left ramp shot is hugging the guide it hits the metal on the right side of the turn pipe.
[quoted image]

I believe someone had already posted way ealry on about how they added either the blue nub or a variation of a post and some ring rubber, but I could be mistaken. Gonna have to search.

#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Installed Lermods oxygen destroyer this morning. Ended up pulling up the the led board underneath the plastic so i could fish the wire through that way, otherwise it was a mostly painless install. It looks good, and doesn't block view of the outlane for saves.

That is a rough looking finish on that mod, just saying. Was that the intended design?

#8137 2 years ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

Thanks to Sonic for these MRS switches! I feel like the one to the right of the scoop makes for smoother skill shots, & the one below the pop makes for a smoother transition to the flippers. I also put one on my WH20 in that notoriously bad "canyon main" switch position. They work flawlessly & are easy to install. I definitely recommend them !!
[quoted image]

I just did the upper next to Mecha and I am doing the Pop Bumber/outlane area next. Tired of the ball hopping from the pop bumber into the outlane and losing a ball. Tried adjusting the switch, adjusting power on the pop, just not worth it any more, IMO. MRS is the way to go in this area. The Mecha area is more about the soft shot with my family, I had the regular switch adjusted, but I now prefer the MRS.

#8196 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Guess I don't understand what this switch is supposed to fix. I haven't seen any of the issues people have mentioned as the reason for this switch.

Lucky for you I guess. I was going strong with zero issues on this game since day one, but this was a no brainer fix for MY game. I see all kinds of posts of issues that I don't see or have, but I do try to help out and definitely take advice on how to fix. As for a reason, well that was clearly stated and now it is solved by said switch. Time to move on and play more Godzilla. Hopefully others who have an issue like this can read here and make a decision based on discussions of what was tried, what did not work and do what's best for their game. Simple.

#8226 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to operate the flipper manually without using the flipper buttons to see when the EOS triggers relative to where the flipper is in the stroke. So go into switch test and manually move the flipper up and note when the EOS goes off and then how much of the stroke is left before it is maxed out. You want the End of Stroke to trigger when the flipper is as close to the actual end of stroke as possible.

This would be a great video, if not already out there. Would help many who are having trouble understanding how to set up flippers or verify theirs.

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just match this. [quoted image]

Or this is really nice too. Thanks @Chuckwurt.

#8332 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Hey can someone confirm for me that the apron on Godzilla is actually metal and not plastic.

On my Premium it is a Metal Apron.

#8335 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

So replacement coil stops are a separate thing to replace besides the sleeves and coils? If so, anyone know where one can buy those? Thanks.

Major Vendors like Pinballlife and Marco or Actionpinball all carry quality stops.

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Decided to add a video to show the problem. It just seems the mech doesn't go all the way down to lift the bar even when I push it down and have adjusted the bias to be as low as possible.

Anyone seen this and can offer help to fix?

If you go to some earlier posts, another pinsider had an issue with his building not going to bottom. Their is a switch their, as PinMonk showed, and you may have something restricting the final travel distance. This group has seen rivets breaking off in this building mechanism, blue rubber falling out, wires catching, so be aware of any obstructions. Flip that playfied up and show us that underside.

#8505 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Where did you get the skyline cutout?

On the Acrylics section of the webpage.

http://speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#8542 2 years ago

Have a good question for the group.

Will be adding Pinwoofer kit, already have Pinmonks Flipper Cooling fans, adding BriteMods RGB flipper buttons, how can I tap into all these 12volts supplies easily? Many mods want to use the Ticket Header connection next to the coin door. Is there an easy splitter solution? What have other pinsiders done, thoughts here?

#8549 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings eyeamred2u ! Your PinWoofer power will source from a dedicated location, separate from any other 12V items you may have. Thanks, and have a great day!

I saw that in the instructions. I was looking at some powerbricks from pinballlife and then running spitter cables. Going to have to map this out on paper. Thanks for the replies.

#8633 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Sorry for the late response I took a couple of days off from pinside. What I do is buy the splitter from pinball life and then buy the Britebuttons kit for the stern Sam system. It's the traditional .093 molex and it plugs right into it. Also the pinball life kit has 2 ticket style connectors if you still want to use those. It works really well.

Thank you

#8773 2 years ago

Starting to add my custom armor today. Custom inserts from Rocket City Pinball. More pictures to follow as I add the Type 14 flaming speaker light kit.

20220319_123121 (resized).jpg20220319_123121 (resized).jpg20220319_123559 (resized).jpg20220319_123559 (resized).jpg20220319_131518 (resized).jpg20220319_131518 (resized).jpg20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg
#8778 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sorry meant that previous post to go to eyeamred2u

Yes for Mechagodzilla. Wanted a battle worn look, and the start button is a unique filament to compliment the armor. Intent was to put mechagodzilla eyea on the lockdown bar, but just didn't look right. Still working on an acrylic for the speaker panel to support the flaming speaker light kit so it will be unique to my machine.

20220117_153702 (resized).jpg20220117_153702 (resized).jpg
#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I really like the Tokyo skyline, but think a new York would look great too.

No skylines for me. They look cool though.

#8785 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm thinking along the same lines, I've got a local printer that's working on a Godzilla and Ghidorah silhouette to add to the existing skyline that Doug offers. Still waiting on the light kits.

I am waiting paitently too for Doug's kit. Can't wait to see these designs. May want to get one.

#8830 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Just joined with a 3 month old Premium, happy to be in the club.
My first question is the upper flipper. It doesn't seem to have the same power as my upper flipper in JP, and wondering if that is a normal feel for this particular flipper. Coil stop is fine, as I know that would be the first thing to check.
[quoted image]

Look at the flipper button setup in the cabinet check your gap spacing. Just one variable to eliminate.

#8838 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Godzilla power ups!!!! OMG!!!!

Loving this update, on paper, can't wait to play it.

#8845 2 years ago

Playing now and I am so impressed The UI improvements are another win for this game. Still working through scoring, but so far so good.

#8984 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I’m about to install Cliffy shooter lane protection in my Premium. There are step by step instructions with photos for another stern pin on his site, however it requires removing a fair amount of hardware, so I just want to be crystal clear before I dig in.
Can anyone please point me to photos or a video they made showing the install of Cliffy’s shooter lane protectors on a GZ? Thx.

It is easy to install Cliffy's protectors. Videos would be a plus, but I installed them in a few hours. The shooter lane protectors take a little time to install, but with a screwdriver, some nut drivers, it is simple. If you need help, send a message and I will be more than happy to help.

Ken

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea I may just replace them and see what happens. Thanks

Good choice, I have PinMonks fans from day one on the game and when I changed to Pinballlifes coil stops, I was shocked to see how 2 out of 3 Sterns stops were broken and worn with less than 150 plays. Hooefully the new stops solve the issue. Keep us posted.

#9037 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Just curious which of the Pin Monk fans you got....the ones for two flippers or three?

3 and the magna grab magnet, I splurged.

#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Thanks....forgot to ask....are directions, diagrams, etc . on how to install them included?

Yes, excellent picture instructions included with all PinMonks kits. Also, if you need additional info or are unclear on a step, he will always help and clear up end-user concern/issue.

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just to be clear, generally the light coloring brackets don't have instructions because they're pretty self-explanatory, but the Tibetan Breeze kits all do, as do the quiet fan kits.

Almost all,lol

#9180 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass to make it easier on me and the wife to move it downstairs to its proper location.
Good idea, bad idea? Best to wait until someone can come over to help with it still wrapped up?
[quoted image]

Can u rent a nice dolly at U haul locations? Or use a handyman service app that offers moving services, etc.

#9182 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Dolly's are like $40 are they not? Cheap and can use it for years

Not a good moving dolly (appliance type) with rubber on the back side that moves on the stair treads and has the straps all attached to lock the item in place. The smaller styles are reasonably priced, never moved a pin with a cheap dolly, so I can't give my opinion.

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Would a giant blob of solder be the best fix for that? If it is running on a single small strand of wiring, that seems a little not smart, if it needs to be connected to run.

Call your distributor, explain to them the problem and have Stern send you a new coil.

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I have that gz and a shaker on full. i put a screw into his foot through the hole in the acrylic where the old model was mounted and have had no movement

Ouchy! Lol

#9380 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Broke this plastic above the magna grab. Anyone know where to get another? Also maybe petg protector lol
[quoted image]

Contact Stern tech support, get on list for replacement kit. Let your Distibutor know this has happened as well, Stern will email you a ticket number. Kit has not been sent out yet. Plenty of protectors out there from metal to plastics, just search this thread or the mod shops markets.

Ken

#9389 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Got my speaker lights today and installed them![quoted image]

So jealous, I hope mine ship soon. Not rushing Doug in any way or complaining, I just love seeing his kits on this game.

#9409 2 years ago

I can't watch! Killing me smalls!

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Just got my Premium today (awesome!), but the menu buttons done seem to be working (not awesome).
Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? I checked the connections on both ends and they seem to be in fine.
Kinda cruel that I'm staring at this beautiful machine and can't play it.

Call Tech Support and distibutor.

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Called the distributor waiting to hear back. Will call support shortly

Try adding coins by moving this lever/switch next to the coin mech

20220408_192537 (resized).jpg20220408_192537 (resized).jpg20220408_192541 (resized).jpg20220408_192541 (resized).jpg
#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Joined the club today![quoted image]

Welcome!! Now move that game out of the sun and away from the elements, protect that beauty. Lol

#9576 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can people share their premium powder coat examples? I’m thinking some type of green, gold, or red. Thoughts? Examples to share?

Lots of great examples in here, even some custom artwork, like on mine where I did a Mechagodzilla theme.

20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg
#9588 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'm changing all the rubber over to Titan, like most NIB owners seem to be doing, before i even play a game on mine WHEN i ever get it. Looks like most people are doing green flipper rubber. What other colors are you some of you using? Doing translucent everywhere else. And, dumb question, haven't even played the game yet, and have no idea how many balls it takes, 5 or 6? replacing those right away as well.

I did Green right away with a lil mix of red, now I have orange, with some light blue and red for some posts. Link to my kit with pictures.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1875

#9600 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i held the wire and ziptie while unscrewing the flasher post. I didn't have to unplug any lights to get all the rubbers in

Yep, just as stated, very easy, hold the zip tie, no unplugging.

Transluscent is rocking it on games too, may be my next choice.

#9678 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Just joined the club yesterday when my Premium arrived! We are loving the game but I’m trying to work out some kinks. Am wondering if you all have any thoughts on whether these things are expected:
1. Slingshots are really sensitive and strong compared to my other Sterns (Turtles and JP). I’ll attach a picture of the rubbers. Does it seem like they put too large (and thus too loose) of rubbers? That would explain both issues.
2. Right ramp metal drop (not sure the name) into return lane bounces the ball every time before dropping. Slo-mo video: . Is this normal?
3. If I hit the mechagodzilla launch ramp left of center the ball launches into the air, sometimes even landing on the ramp return metal lane. Is this normal?
4. Inside of cabinet buttons are terrible and either don’t register or register twice. Would love tips on how to fix this.
Thanks!

Can always turn down your slingshot power in the menus. And can adjust the sensitivity by adjusting the leaf switches behind the rubber. Open(More of a gap) for less sensitive, Close(Less of a gap) for increased sensitivity, no pun intended here.

For Mecha ramp, that issue is gonna happenas you describe, however, Is your game level side to side?

#9681 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Thanks for the answer! Yeah I did confirm that it is level side-to-side. It's at least within .1 degree of level, although I am going to keep messing with it to get it a bit better. Considering turning flipper power down a bit; that would help avoid the ball soaring, as long as I don't sacrifice the ability to hit top shots.
I did turn slingshot power down to 18 but it's bugging me that even the slightest bit of contact along the top of the slingshot is triggering it. Although yeah, now that I think about it, if I go any tighter on the slingshot rubbers I'll need to adjust the leaf switches anyway. So I think that's a good idea to start by turning slingshot power down further and making the leaf switches less sensitive. Thanks!

I had to adjust 2 of my leaf switches as I would get shotgunning(repeated firing) during gameplay. I also changed out the black rubber with Titan rubber kits and super- bands for flipper rubber.

Hopefully your flipper position is in a favorable position and not too high or low. This may cause strnge angles.

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Those that have received their Flamin' Frames speaker lights, when did you order? Just trying to gauge where the orders are now. I put in on 2/7.

Just gotta wait, I am waiting patiently too.

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Put this magnet for the bill acceptor together. Interested in thoughts.
[quoted image]

Very cool.

#9745 2 years ago

No idea why your flippers are playing terribly.

I had flipper issues, did the fans, stops all the remedies, then put all the flipper settings back to factory settings and installed Super bands rubber. Replaced my ball barons with pinball life balls and no more issues.

If you have verified your EOS and flipper cabinet gaps are ok, set up a camera and record your gameplay. Do you consistently hit the cabinet flipper button the same way? Maybe 2% of the time you soft smash the button. Watcing your gameplay may help you see something.

#9801 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You need to either:
1) Get a leaf switch adjustment tool and bend the metal tab of the microswitch so it contacts the spinner actuator like your working spinners. Bend the blade as close to the pivot point of the switch as possible. This may require some disassembly to get proper access, in which case you may as well go to #2:
2) Disassemble that area so you can get to the two small screws that secure the microswitch to its bracket. Slightly loosen them and rotate the switch to achieve the proper contact with the spinner actuator, they have this adjustment capability. Then snug them back down. This would be my preference as I always want to make position adjustments before bending or modifying something.
Use the switch test and a good flick on the spinner with your finger to get the position and tension right so it spins freely and still registers.
And if you have it, a VERY slight amount of 3-in-1 oil or SuperLube applied to the spinner pivots with a Q-tip (or cotton bud in some parts of the world) will make them really go!

OP already stated they have the Leaf adjuster tool

chuckwurt has suggested a few times to put the game into Switch Test and verify.

Have yet to see OP results of the the Switch Test. Seen plenty of other, so we are patiently waiting and assisting.

#9808 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Are there any videos for installing the one for the shooter lane?

The shooter lane is very easy.

1 week later
#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Would you guys add Pinstadium to a Gzl LE?

Lord No!

#10083 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Anyone have Titan rubbers on their GZ?
I was installing all of mine today and had some problems with my flipper rubbers.
Top flipper: When ball is rolling down from the ramp and I am not trying to hit the loop, it would normally roll straight down to my bottom left flipper for a shot no problem. After installing the rubber on the top left flipper about 30% of the time it will just barely nick the rubber causing the ball to go SDTM, sometimes knocking it off even worse. The rubber feels like a mm too thick.
Bottom flippers: When rolling down the in lane just like the top flipper it will occasionally hit the top of the flipper rubber giving me a weird bounce/hesitation.
Just wanted to get your opinions/thoughts/suggestions. Is it something that I can fix, something that will go away, or anything else I can do. The bottom flippers are less consequential but the top flipper I changed back to stock mid game as it cost me a ball I was killing it with.
Thank you!

I tried low bounce Titan and immediately removed them. Saw, little to zero improvement from standard Titans so I went with Super Bands Flipper and have never looked back. Game play has increased, the ball control is better with Super bands IMO.

#10091 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've always felt super bands were too bouncy. Hard to catch with, Bern using perfect play from pinball life and have had great luck. I replace every factory ring and flipper first thing now

Maybe you have those new super bouncy Stern flippers. Lol

I may have to try these Perfect Play in my next Pinball Life Order for comparison.

#10120 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

I took the upper flipper titan rubber off and put the stock one back on and got the same problem. I ended up lifting the playfield and adjusting the flipper to sit back just slightly more than it was. Game is perfect now! Put the tian rubber back on and zero problems. I do feel like they are MUCH more bouncy so I will try PerfectPlay too

Good feedback, thank you.

1 week later
#10250 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thanks hawknole this looks great on my coin door
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had to put mine on the side, forgot my coindoor was different style. Still looks amazing.

20220502_184716 (resized).jpg20220502_184716 (resized).jpg20220502_184748 (resized).jpg20220502_184748 (resized).jpg
#10434 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Thanks to all who pitched in ideas regarding my issue. Ended up being the left ramp optos, bit couldn't get them to work after taking everything apart.
Thanks to EaglePin for hanging out on Zoom and trying to help me fix it.
FYI, never take off that building in front of the left ramp unless you absolutely have to. Getting the optos back on with the building is one of the biggest PIA experiences I've had with a machine.

Sorry to hear the PIA experience. But big shoutout to EaglePin.

#10465 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

the response is not the problem, but I'm waiting more than 4 months now for replacement parts....

Parts are a problem. I just recieved a response that stated parts are available but are in limited supply. So, I took that as well, no parts for me, so I just contacted my Distributor to let them handle it.

#10548 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I got my Premium a few weeks ago. It came with the new shorter plastic. Bridge still hits the corner and broke the tip off on day 2. Have a ticket in with Stern and my Distro. That new plastic is a joke. Doesn't solve the root problem but it certainly looks better.

Bums me out to see this still happening. I just ordered a replacement for my Prem from Pinballlife and will insert a washer into the coil stop to shorten the span. Simple fix.

#10635 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I am trying to remove my original shooter rod so I can install a new one, and this third screw absolutely will not budge. It will not turn in the slightest— I tried for a full hour. I fear it may be stripped now. What would you do if this happened to you, friends?

Dremel tool and create a slot for a flat screwdriver head, but do not cut through the screw.

1 week later
#10908 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Anybody else get their replacement plastic from stern? How’s it working? Looks like it’s redesigned with a different cut in the end. I’m about to put mine in. May have been discussed already. It’s been a couple months since I got on. I thought they were sending some sort of kit out, but hey if this works I’m good with it. I added a black and white photo with a yellow curved line to show where the new plastic piece will end in comparison to the old plastic( pic shows new plastic just resting above old plastic to show placement and comparison) again if this fix works I’m good!

Got the Lame kit today, not installing it. Thank goodness already had an original replacement and about to shorten the coil travel to prevent breakage.

#11040 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Look what just came!
Can’t wait to install it tonight!
[quoted image]

Ahhhh, can't wait for mine!!

#11174 1 year ago

Yep, Definitely a pair of sunglasses!! Haha

1 week later
#11370 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

https://www.highendmods1.com/contact
Anyone have the High End Mods - Godzilla Oxygen Mod - been waiting on them to inform me of a ship date

Yes, just received mine this week. Good communication from them. Wait until it arrives, it is a work of art!

#11415 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Got a tracking number for my city burning speaker lights mod. Jan. purchase. looking forward to installing them.

That is great news! Can't wait to see them installed.

#11514 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Damn, just powered on my GZ to play this afternoon and immediately found the scoop not registering a ball. Was expecting to find a broken wire, but instead found the whole leg/post on the switch broken off flush with the switch body, doesn't seem repairable.
I hope my Distrib (FlipNOut) and Stern can get a replacement out quickly, tried to just buy one but no one I can find in the US has the dang thing in stock - part 180-5209-00
GZ down for the count...
[quoted

Damn, just powered on my GZ to play this afternoon and immediately found the scoop not registering a ball. Was expecting to find a broken wire, but instead found the whole leg/post on the switch broken off flush with the switch body, doesn't seem repairable.
I hope my Distrib (FlipNOut) and Stern can get a replacement out quickly, tried to just buy one but no one I can find in the US has the dang thing in stock - part 180-5209-00
GZ down for the count...
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20220616-205359_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220616-205359_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11521 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Thanks, I looked at them earlier actually, but misread the stock status once you add them to your cart, looks like only one of their warehouses is out - but one does have them. Now to see if I can come with enough stuff to make their $50 minimum order...

Oh yeah, forgot about their min order, sorry about. I looked in my spare parts, did not have the switch. It is a unique micro. Hopefully Stern is fast with replacement.

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

That is the same switch that is removed from Rush pins when swapping in the factory replacement for the “recall” (of the switch and scoop protectors) that most new owners got for free when they got a Rush pin. So if you know somebody with a Rush who did the switch swap, they removed this switch and may still have it lying around.
[quoted image]

Why are those being replaced on Rush? Just a defective batch?

#11524 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

No. The wrong switch was installed from the factory on the early pins.

Gotcha

#11721 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I second this. The towers are amazing looking, but they are pretty thin - super glue is the recommended adhesive for 3D prints (PLA material) anyway. Put down a towel, Use a *small* amount of glue on both surfaces (I mean a really little amount), hold for 30 seconds, done.

There are version 2 Towers available from the Mod Maker. I am sure if you contact them, they may be able to sell a single replacement.

#11848 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Yes they do, very well in fact. It's more than just replacing the plastic flipper bats, its an independent flipper and shaft system, they aren't molded together like the flippers that come with the game. A little something neat for the pinball community that hasn't been available before.

Technically not true, Modder swinks created interchangeable kits after Ghostbusters came out and the flipper spacing was a bit too much for some players. Your kit is truely a drop in solution, whereas swinks you have to tap a couple holes, so that may not be for everyone, but his products are simply awesome as I have my fair share and I can't say enough positive things.

I am considering purchasing your product as I think the quality, fit and idea of color options is awesome. Just wanted to share the other info.

Ken

#11886 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

eyeamred2u, Thanks for the info as I wasn't aware of that mod, I learned something new. I had a Ghostbusters for five years (recently sold it) and installed the overhead center post mod due to that large flipper gap, got me past the learning curve on that game as there were times I wanted to kick that thing over! I think that was part of my inspiration for wanting to design a flipper system that could be configurable to include longer and shorter flippers that could be easily changed. I've already had orders come in for both the long and short length flippers. Being able to change the colors is a bonus too.
I appreciate your comments, my objective is to design and manufacture high quality products that enhance the players experience and look good too. I've also just come out with a new flipper shaft bushing that I think really improves the flipper function as well.
John

We are all here to support each other. Glad to share the info with you and others. Never stop being a creative mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
292 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eyeamred2u. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.