IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4089 2 years ago

My Pro is supposed to be delivered Monday. Woot! But I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Premium Translight? I really like the Prem. Translight, but don't actually feel like I need all the extra features. The Pro is enough for me on this one.

Does anyone sell them, or are there any owners that have a spare for some reason?

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Well I was supposed to get mine delivered today. Instead I had to call FedEx and was told it was crushed. The shipping status update changed to emergency.
I can’t imagine how bad this thing looks if they didn’t even try to deliver it and didn’t want to call me.

Damn! That sucks balls. Good luck man. Can't imagine how disappointed I'd be, if that happened to me.

1 week later
#4423 2 years ago

There's been some talk of Godzilla figures. So here's mine. A Neca movie-poster Godzilla. Fits just about perfectly in the back left where the plastic was.

Figure required no modifications whatsoever to fit nicely, but I did end up painting his fins blue, but you can't really see them anyway.

20211206_160918 (resized).jpg20211206_160918 (resized).jpg20211206_160920 (resized).jpg20211206_160920 (resized).jpg

Still figuring out what I want to do about Mecha though.

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What did you do to lock the figure down? I have the same one just haphazardly sitting behind the original plastic now.

Double-sided tape under the feet, and it's slightly braced by the lock nut by his foot. Very stable, but I do have to remove him if I put the pf up. Not a big deal.

Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I got my premium on Monday but did not really get a chance to set it up till yesterday. Got to play a few games but noticed some issues right away.
1. The ball rattles like crazy on plunge against the side of mechagodzilla. Softer plunges don’t have an issue obviously but if I’m going for the other skill shot it never makes it past that point.
2. The drop from the magnet barely catches the end of the upper flipper which means I can’t hit the loop for destruction jackpots.
3. When I try to hit the loop during regular play the ball hits the loop entryway guide and immediately rattles up and down before dribbling back out. I have made it actually go through the loop once in 10 games and even that one barely made it after rattling.
All of this sounds like a leveling issue but I put my old school manual level straight across on 3 different points on the playfield and the bubble is perfectly in the center.
I played a pro on location and could make the loop consistently. The drop from the magnet in that game was fine as well. Not sure what else to do except maybe order a digital level if my manual one can’t be trusted.
Any recommendations for a good digital level?

I have found that changing the pitch and level, even slightly, has a huge impact on how smooth the loop is and also how the ball drops to the upper flipper, and how easy the loop is to make. Couldn't believe how much of a difference a few turn of the leg levelers made.

So don't forget pitch in the equation. Think I'm at about 6.7 now.

#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Now that Godzilla is settling into the #1 spot in the top 100, how do you all feel about the pro version? The Premium/LE's are clearly the best, but is Godzilla Pro better than all of the other Stern Pro models? Is it better than Deadpool Pro and Jurassic Park Pro? I've only played Godzilla Pro a few times on location. It seems like Jurassic Park Pro might have a little more in it compared with Godzilla Pro, but I need more time with it.

Here's a dirty secret...the gameplay experience is almost identical between the Premium and Pro models. I liken it to the difference between Elwin's JP Pro and JP Premium. Although the building moving up and down is fun to watch, it doesn't really affect gameplay that much. The only thing is that depending on what level the building is at, sometimes the right ramp returns to the left flipper, instead of always returning to the opposite (aka right) flipper like it does on the Pro. Also, the Pro model still has a spinner and 3 standup targets in the Mechagodzilla area, they just don't rotate. And Mecha catching the ball on his tummy is fun, but again doesn't affect gameplay.

Even though in general I'm more of a Premium guy (I want all the toys and mechs I can get!), I'm honestly perfectly happy with the Pro. I think the massive push toward everyone wanting a Premium is more that they want the "best" version of this awesome game, versus any actual gameplay improvements that the Premium provides. I think people waiting for a Premium, or wanting to pay way over MSRP for one, should just go ahead and get a Pro while they are still in stock. You'll have just as much fun, and you may find a better use for the extra thousands you'd spend on the Premium.

#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That is pretty much every Stern Pro pin. You take the main Pre/LE toys away that typically stop or slow down the ball and they are replaced with either nothing or horseshoes/turnarounds. So you never lose flow from a Pro. Honestly flow is talked about so much with Pro versions I just start equating that to open space or air.

And that's where they went wrong with LZ! Less flow on the Pro, since it's missing a ramp, and no main toy or mech.

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Not having that right side orbit by Mechagodzilla would be a big deal for me.
One of the coolest shots in the game is hitting the right mini-orbit in front of Mechagodzilla and having it go across the playfield to the left side mini-orbit (or from left to right). So satisfying!
I can understand people trying to justify the lower model, but the Premium/LE is the better machine. I remember going Pro on other pins before and regretted it. Glad I went Premium on this title!

Okay, I think maybe you are a bit confused? Both the Pro and the Prem/LE have that right-side Mecha orbit. And yes, that is a fun shot for sure. In fact, I'd argue that area is even more flowy on the Pro since the spinner shot does a really fast loop around, versus bashing mecha first, and then dropping on the Prem/LE pf. Unless, maybe I misunderstood you?

PremComparo (resized).jpgPremComparo (resized).jpg

ProComparo (resized).jpgProComparo (resized).jpg

Also, I'd argue that a lot of you Premium/LE buyers are the ones doing the justifying! Just depends which side you are standing on!

My perspective is that the gameplay is nearly identical between the two versions. And yes, there certainly are reasons to buy the Prem, just as there are reasons to stick with the Pro. I went with the Prem. on JP because I wanted the Raptor Pit and interactive T-Rex. I went with the Pro on GZ because it was in stock at less than MSRP, and it was nearly the same game as the Prem. I think getting a Premium at MSRP is definitely a good choice, but I think paying thousands over MSRP for it is silly, when the Pro is so good. If we were talking a game like LZ, where the Pro is clearly super inferior, then that'd be a different story.

#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

When the ball fires our of the scoop let it dead bounce over. It usually has enough strength to dead bounce to the right flipper and let it dead bounce again back to the left for an easy cradle.

Yeah, I tweaked my scoop kickout power down a bit. That makes a dead bounce to the right flipper super-reliable for me. It's still going to fast to cradle up, but it does set you up for most of the upper and left shots.

#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Anyone have any luck adjusting their magna-grab? I tried adjusting the position of the magnet under the playfield and also via the software menu and my magnet always drops from this position onto the top of the upper flipper. I assume you’re supposed to be able to drill the loops directly from a drop?
[quoted image]

As others have said, adjust the level. In particular, at the back. Also, your pf sounds a little steep too me. I had my pf at 6.9 and dropping to 6.7 made a big difference in the ease of hitting the loop. Made the loop a lot smoother too when it was made.

#5022 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Lower the trough eject power down to 180-190.

I actually went down to 150! Still kicks out fine, and I figure the less power the better when it comes to preventing damage.

#5273 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So curious what people are paying for LE's now who have bought in the last few weeks. I see many listed on pinside NIB for $16k...is that what people are paying? For those that own the pin already, would you pay $16k for it now if you had to?

No. Order a Premium, and then pick up a Pro now until the Premium ships next year. No reason to pay extra for the LE, when it's identical to the Premium. And no reason to pay extra for a used Premium, when Pros are currently in stock.

1 week later
#5758 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I mean, I would say exactly that to anyone who posted this but…This game is infuriating even our best league players (including myself). Maybe I just got a junky build but this thing is straight up chucking 90mph drains at everyone. One session I loosened the tilt bob and the game was halfway across the street by the end of the night haha. The highest GC here is 1.4 bil…which really ain’t much considering the scoring.

Setup makes a big difference in smoothness of loops and ramps, not sure how much it affects outlane drains. I don't think GZ is particularly brutal in that regard, but it's certainly not a cakewalk of a game. My Johnny Mnemonic was much worse when it came to outlane drains; as soon as you hit the slings, it was almost always bye bye. You could always move the posts down if it's too brutal in that regard. Nothing wrong with setting up the game so that you can enjoy it. And anything over 1 bil is very good. And while getting in the 1 bil club isn't hard for a good player, I still think that's respectable.

Also, I believe doing well in Bridge or Tank MB will award an EB, if I'm not mistaken? So worth more than just points, also you can charge the spinner up during MBs too. Which you can save for later, so that's useful. And you can progress Tesla towers as well. So IDK, more than just playing a MB for a MB's sake.

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The LE/Premium toys are cool and have a level of visual and tactile feedback that you don't get on the Pro, but from a pure gameplay stand-point I think the Pro is the better shooting game. Fewer ball hang-ups, a non-cheap Wallop shot, less stop-and-go while waiting for balls to lock and launch (it just goes right into Multi-ball with no virtual locks), and I really like having that right spinner lane open all the time. Before I played the game I thought that this was a game where I'd need to go for the higher models, but a location by me had a Pro and LE side-by-side and after playing both models rather extensively I thought the Pro shot better which convinced me to get one for myself.

I agree with you on that. It is cool how the LE/Premium does things with the bridge, building, and MechaGodzilla within their respective multi-balls. That's really the biggest thing you'd miss from a Pro even though I do think that the Pro still shoots slightly better/faster.

As I've said before, this is one Pro I don't need the LE/Premium to be perfectly happy. Normally, I'm a Premium guy, but for GZ I'm very satisfied with the Pro. To the point that I think I'd choose it over a Premium. I think I'd miss the pro-only mecha-spinner loop, if I upgraded to a Prem/LE. Plus, I like the mecha-spinner being available all the time.

And I agree, no hang-ups on the Pro, fewer stuck balls, and a clean wallop that doesn't always go SDTM.

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Curious what ball hang ups you are talking about. And not sure what you mean by non-cheap Wallop shot. These might be more a symptom of poor leveling than the actual game design as I don't think I am having either. The only stop and go I can think of is waiting for Godzilla and Mechagodzilla multi balls. I guess Godzilla multi ball takes a bit of time with the building dropping but that is kind of the point. It is a larger moment in the game. I actually like the larger spinner on the Mechagodzilla. It doesn't return as quick as a horseshoe but not sure if that would be a deal breaker for me. The pace of the games is still incredibly fast when playing. Not sure if the Pro plays that much faster to be honest.

A lot of Prem/LE owners have reported the ball hanging up behind the building, which doesn't seem to ever happen on the Pro version. Same owners have also reported the ball getting stuck on Mecha's arm and shoulder. And all the reports of wallop SDTMs seem to mostly come from Prem/LE owners again. Just what I've seen from reading this thread daily for months.

1 week later
#6408 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

WTF you talking about. LOL

I mean he is the designer of the game. You might want to give what he says a little more credence and show him a little more respect. Just sayin.

#6448 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The LE I play on route does this all of the time and even caused me to lose a tournament once. I've seen it reported on Pinside and FB groups as well so I wasn't sure how widespread of an issue it was. I haven't ever had it happen on my Pro or either of the 2 Pros that I've played on route. I'm happy to hear that it can be avoided with proper game setup.

Are you talking about the revese-building wallop shot? If so, the latest software update gives you a ball save when that happens. I have had it where a slow rolling ball doesn't trigger the wallop, but it's rare.

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Is anyone else’s ball getting stuck at the top of the loop on the back of the machine?
Not sure if someone else had this issue or a setting I would need to check.

Widely reported, but I've been seeing it more on the Prem/LEs. Don't know what the fix is.

#6525 2 years ago

Anyone have an inkling of when the next code update is? I'm feeling like I'm ready for those wizard/mini-wizard modes in the center that aren't coded yet. The game as awesome as it is, is starting to feel a little samey to me. I'd like to have some more/deeper goals to aim for.

2 weeks later
#7247 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Thank you both. Like I said I have no experience with new Stern machines yet. Much appreciated.
-J

I'll add that Beatles comes with white rubber, and man I can't believe how clean the game stays. I literally barely ever need to wipe it down, there is so much less residue on the pf just from having white instead of black rubber.

#7248 2 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Code 0.90 just came out. I have an LE. Can someone tell me the easiest way to update the code? Heard new code is real good

I find using wifi updating to be easiest. Works well for me and takes like 20 minutes. Never have to mess with drives, downloads, or opening up the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.