PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#954 2 years ago

Crazy you US guys are already getting your LE’s. Us Australians haven’t even received our Mando LE’s yet!!!!

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We are happy to announce that our (Pro) building is coming along nicely. This is a very early version of the building but we are excited about the progress and want to give everyone a peek. Again this is an early version and there will be more details on the roof and sides. We are also kicking around a custom sign package for those that want to customize their pinball mod to truly making it their own. So say instead of "Drake Investments" you wanted say ...... "Centerflanks Lamp shop" or "Vids Pinball Repair". The building would be the same but the sign would be your own.
We hope to make this for all models but until we get our premium there's no way to tell how well this will transfer over
***** we are knees deep in Tesla Strike Towers, so this is going on the back burner for a few weeks ******
But please let me know what you guys think
Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-building-mod-under-development
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool.

I've been wondering if there is enough room on the PreLE's to replace the building with something better than the plastics. Not holding my breath, but it really needs it.

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just waiting for the Premiums to be made and then shipping LEs and Premium together. Pro's land in a couple of weeks

With sea freight the way it is at the moment i think your Distro is a bit too optimistic. Unless theyre coming Air?

Having said that if you guys are not full containers you may have better chances. Full container bookings are a nightmare.

2 weeks later
#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

This ^^^

And this ^^^
I experienced this as well using Pinguy app.
After checking using a $3 plastic bubble level and my Craftsman digital level, I ended up deleting this app
I only checked it because I DID use the app to level my game last night after playing the last game of the evening
Came back tonight and the magnet was dropping the ball onto the base of the flipper then bouncing almost a 1/2" away from the face of it making the loop shot impossible
Checked this thread and saw multiple posts about app being off - sure is
Hope this helps someone else
See pic of app at ZERO and both levels behind it ... was 0.7 degrees off
Second image after leveling using the Craftsman level
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm assuming you did something about the camera on the back of your phone?

And did you calibrate it to something already level?

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, camera is recessed so no impact there
Calibration is in the photo ...
2 other levels showing app is off, and agreeing with each other on roughly "how much"
Lastly, game is now 100% playable again - magnet is dropping ball where it should!

Good to know.

Pin guys is fantastic purely because of the 2 way levelling and the call outs. And on most games 0.7deg variation wont affect too much (esp at the speed a pinball moves) but on some games like GZ and the magnet drop, it can def make a difference.

Personally I would use pinguy for the initial level so you dont have to keep getting out from under the game, then a manual level for the last fine tune.

#3026 2 years ago

Played the pro today for the first time…..only a few games….but enjoyed it a lot.

Have to admit I was surprised at how “empty” it felt. Only one ramp. No bash toy or anything interactive at all really.

But Elwin has a way of making incredibly satisfying layouts from nothing. The use of the single random pop bumper instead of a useless “nest”. The magnet is really clever. Unconventional yet well thought out shots all over the playfield. And of course his famous wireforms make all the difference. Yeti’s art works beautifully.

The theme, the asset use and humour are all great.

All combined an “empty” game feels loaded. Can’t wait for my LE to get here.

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I don’t know about you guys but I’d consider the mechagodzilla shield target a bash toy of sorts. I mean it’s a spinning ramp spinner target bash mech no? Also empty? Three spinners two ramps an amazing ball diverting building mech that changes the shots and freaking collapsing bridge diverter and first ever mangna grab magnet with captive ball target behind it! Empty…wtf!

As I said, I played the pro. There’s no mecha ramp toy, collapsible bridge or moving building.

Did you read the actual post? I said it was empty but awesome through clever design.

Empty was an observation not a criticism.

#3118 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is Godzilla this dark?
[quoted image]

Looks like a Pinstadium “before” spam pic.

#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Yeah, only occasional SDTM on that shot for me, but it can certainly be frustrating when it happens. Maybe 10-15% of the shots there? Definitely always dangerous though. I try to slap/slide save anytime I accidentally shoot it - don't know how actually effective I am at truly "saving" it vs would have caught a flipper anyway though...
With no real reward for shooting that shot generally (beyond the unadvertised double-super), its an oddity. I'm hoping that a code update does something more with that shot.

So there is a switch that registers that shot but it's really not tied to anything?

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Changed out the bright green Godzilla for this!! Super cool. This Godzilla is from Japan. East fit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He's perfect with those blue fins, but AUD$550....ouch!

And then this......double ouch

Screenshot 2021-11-26 134450 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-11-26 134450 (resized).jpg
#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Changed out the bright green Godzilla for this!! Super cool. This Godzilla is from Japan. East fit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can see now thats pretty collectible - how did you mount it?

9 months later
#14508 1 year ago

Well this is exciting:
EA09FD19-F8C3-4433-BE2F-55104F6130AB (resized).jpegEA09FD19-F8C3-4433-BE2F-55104F6130AB (resized).jpeg

#14524 1 year ago

Obligatory question - what are the must have mods for GZ PreLE? On the list for the neon sign. Guessing a good bridge mod - which one? What else?

#14565 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Wow late arrival for an Oz LE Mark, thought they'd all come through already. Enjoy mate, think you'll want to keep this one a long while

Had it since it arrived Andrew - game room was out of action for a few months when it arrived. Only just had a chance to unbox it.

Loving it so far. Typical Elwin.

#14658 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have the opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE for about $3k over the current asking price for a premium. Is it worth the extra cost? Value/return? Game only has about 100 plays on it. Love the game as most people do. Just wanting an honest opinion. Only other LE I’ve owned was a Star Trek LE that I miss. And that was cost me less than the current premiums!
Thank you

Tough question especially when comparing to Star Trek LE. STLE is one of the true Stern LE’s along with B66LE. With Godzilla LE you’re just getting trim and art.

But given you’re paying a premium for a Premium, you may as well get an LE. Premium prices will absolutely come down once production catches up. Let’s not so much.

#14682 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Curious if anyone has a way to clean the glass without leaving bad streaks. I've tried most of the "streak-free" products and various applicators, but still get them really bad. Thanks.

Try 100% isopropyl alcohol - can usually buy it in a spray bottle from the hardware store.

#14686 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Especially if he's cleaning the LE glass, pure alcohol can ruin the anti glare coating.

For PDI/invisiglass its actually recommended for it. Been using it forever on all varieties.

And on regular glass it also works well - there is nothing to ruin.

Edit: you can dilute it with water if you’re concerned.

#14692 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think it’s ammonia you need to avoid with the anti glare

Ammonia is definitely a no go, and it’s in alot of commercial glass cleaners. Never had issues with isopropyl alcohol on any glass products. Great on phones also as it evaporates quickly.

#14734 1 year ago

Noob question - Had a decent game yesterday, completed, Tokyo, had all inserts complete on Paris but couldn’t work out how to complete Paris? What did I need to do?

#14737 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you play the tier 2 mode on Paris? Have to play two modes to move on.

Don’t know - all mode the lights were flashing. Does that mean I’ve only completed the tier 1 modes?

#14741 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to look at the ramps and understand how to light the battles. The playfield won’t tell you that. The raid insert light once you’ve played one of them, not both. So you probably needed one or both ramps to relight the scoop for battle, then you needed to play one of the tier two modes to light change city.

I’m sure I had shot the ramps numerous times once all were flashing, but the battle might wasn’t lighting. Anyway, will keep an eye next time.

#14750 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Rampage locks everything out, so maybe you had that running.

That could have been it - did get rampage…can’t remember if it was running at that time - maybe there was a shot to complete it?

6 months later
#20190 1 year ago

I’m getting ball hang ups on the top rhs edge of the Mecha shield. Any way to re-align/calibrate the shield or any other fixes for this?

037C39D8-918D-456C-A553-A61B12382F79 (resized).jpeg037C39D8-918D-456C-A553-A61B12382F79 (resized).jpeg
#20192 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Same happens to me..I just wait for the ball search since it's very rare. Some people put a 3m bumper there but I don't like that idea since it's so close to a moving mechanism that might get jammed.

Just had it happen where did a super soft plunge, ball went straight to that hang, and game didn’t go into ball search. Maybe a bug? But game should have known the all wasn’t in the shooter lane and should have gone into search, but didn’t.

#20194 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

You are right, it will not go into ball search under this scenario. I have used the cabinet bumper (1/2 round clear rubber) on the turntable and it works without jambing the mechanism.
[quoted image]

Thanks, this was my next try. Nice to know it works.

#20338 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So many GZs for sale in the classifieds
9 LEs
16 Pres
6 Pros
As soon as someone posts a Pre within driving distance for under 9k I am on it, lol.

Such a popular game, to be expected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.