PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coloradodan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1555 2 years ago

I just dropped $1000 on my deposit for a premium. March ETA from Game Exchange Colorado. This will be my 3rd pin, maybe 4th by the time it gets here!!! I have a Star Wars Comic Art Premium, Hobbit, and may grab a Star Wars Episode 1 this weekend.

1 week later
#2330 2 years ago

Mine is on order... but had to sneak in a quick game at 1-up in south Denver. And because no one has posted pics, here!

20211111_183742 (resized).jpg20211111_183742 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Lol you're calling GODZILLA a strange theme for pinball as a Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory owner?! Classic movie and nothing against that game, but giant monsters fighting and destroying things makes a lot more sense for pinball then that.

That explains all the chocolate smudges on his machines.

#3045 2 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I don't mod much anymore since becoming an operator but I think the speaker kit I ordered with the 10" sub is going to fit this game nicely. I'm probably going to need a shaker too.
[quoted image]

Most public places I play, the sound is so low I cant hear the game anyways. I'm so happy to hear about an operator caring about sound. Kudos.

(I'm still waiting for mine... it's spring for me I think.)

#3289 2 years ago

Looks like I'm #57 on my distributor's waitlist and even a march delivery isn't guaranteed now. Ugg. If anyone has a heads up on spring premium inventory please PM me. In the meantime I will just remain jelly.

5 months later
#10648 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

It was almost as good as real sex. Such a good pin.

This sure sounds like someone without "real sex" experience". (Don't take this personal, it really made me laugh my ass off when I read it!!!!)

In other news... I'm #13 in my distro's list. And was told I'd probably get my pin in AUGUST. (premium). Dang its gonna be long 3 months. Well, at least I have real sex to do until then.

2 months later
#13079 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm a Premium all day buyer so I'm biased but Godzilla, much like DP, TWD and GOTG give a great return on value in the Pro departments. I guess my mind looks at as it's almost 7k already, what's another 2k. I also understand I'm guilty of that attitude contributing to the rise in prices. My solution has been to hold off buying until I have played and know I really, reeeeeally want the game.

Same here-- I view it as an art investment. I probably won't ever sell Godzilla, but if I ever did, that 2000 difference will hold its appreciation vs. the pro.

Also-- my Godzilla Premium shows up on WEDNESDAY. I can't wait!!! (Had to keep it in the warehouse while I was selling my house, that was PAINFUL! But it's coming this week!!!!) For the record, I preordered in October (1000 deposit) and it was available the first week of July, but had to have my distro hold it for a month (which SUCKED). But its here Wednesday!

#13081 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Up till Godzilla if someone asked me what games do you HAVE to get the premium, I’d answer only AC/DC. Every other game they’ve done I feel like the pro is enough in most respects.

I feel like Star Wars pro without the hyperspace lane is missing quite a bit. That hyperspace is dope. Is it worth 2000? Don't know, but the Pro version sure feels like a welfare game without it!

#13125 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So is it possible/easy to remove the back box on a Stern, especially Godzilla? I'm limited for space so seeing about maybe putting it upstairs which is a pain already. But would be helpful for moving and future too if the backer box can be removed without a huge fuss.

Possible sure, advisable no. You'd have to remove the wiring from the back, remove the hinges... you know it folds down, right?

#13220 1 year ago

Ok, after a year of lurking in the forum... mine arrived today!!! Godzilla Premium.

Hot damn this game is solid! I've played in bars and even a friends pinball room for the last year, but playing at full volume in my own home makes all the difference. Only a few games in (it's a workday) but no regrets, am loving this so far.

gojira (resized).jpggojira (resized).jpg20220803_105043 (resized).jpg20220803_105043 (resized).jpg
#13275 1 year ago

Artblades installed! I removed the playfield to install them, was super easy and glad I did. Playfield just lifts out, I used a cart right next to it so I didn't disconnect all the cables but you can pretty easily. It's better to lift the whole darn thing out rather than stand it up on end and work around the middle.

20220804_115146 (resized).jpg20220804_115146 (resized).jpg20220804_115405 (resized).jpg20220804_115405 (resized).jpg20220804_121439 (resized).jpg20220804_121439 (resized).jpg

#13278 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Dam, all I see is 1 cable still attached, and 1 connector unplugged. What's the 1 cable that you didn't disconnect? I plan on moving my Pro when it arrives with the PF out and head off. Just curious how many connections there are to the PF that have to be disconnected to remove it completely

I was gonna disconnect them all, but then 1 was zip tied and I got lazy and grabbed a cart to put it on. It would be super easy to remove it completely.

#13280 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Is it fairly easy to left the PF out yourself, or did you have help?

Did it myself, I didn't know that it came all the way out like that so easy until I did it. Key thing is to have somewhere to set it to undo the cables... so if you don't have a table/cart handy, best to have help. Full disclosure: I didn't PLAN on taking it all the way out until I screwed up on the left art blade and had to retry. Then I was like "oh, that was super easy".

#13487 1 year ago

Anyone have Cliffys for Godzilla? The kit is here: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm -- are these needed for premium, home use? Is it worth the cost for a kit? Or do we have enough protection already from Stern? I don't want to buy everything possible for the pin, just artblades for me-- but if these really help I'd consider it.

2 weeks later
#14159 1 year ago

Swapped the shaker motor from Star Wars to Godzilla last night. What a diff-- highly recommend a shaker on Godzilla! (set to minimal use, a little goes a long way!). I don't miss it on Star Wars. But oh so good on Godzilla! Those footsteps shaking the house is pretty cool.

#14160 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just a heads up, but the yellow ones are more "amber" colored than yellow, so if you wanted actual yellow-yellow, those probably aren't what you are expecting. These are the brite buttons in yellow on my JP.
[quoted image]

And a Rush 2049!!!! Love that game!!!!

#14188 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got TDiddy's bridge in, and my GZ 90% in.
[quoted image]

I love that look on him-- do you have a link you could share to the model? I'd love to throw him on the top of my machine

#14196 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Found in cabinet, can’t seem to place it…..any help is appreciated!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Kaiju poop?

#14308 1 year ago

I'm getting the following error lately and it won't connect. Cables look good to me, and the scanner scans my QR code and tells me "the machine is currently offline".

Any ideas on what to check?

20220827_144826 (resized).jpg20220827_144826 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14618 1 year ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Looking to get a digital level to check my tables. Is this what I'd be looking for?
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Johnson-Level-Magnetic-Digital-Angle-Locator/1000085673

Yes that will do. I have a similar one from Amazon for about that price.

2 weeks later
#15146 1 year ago

Look who showed up tonight, its Rodan!

20220924_210805 (resized).jpg20220924_210805 (resized).jpg
#15147 1 year ago

I also got rid of the coin rejects... a nice $10 mod.

20220917_175011 (resized).jpg20220917_175011 (resized).jpg
#15181 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokode:

Thanks Hayfarmer, that does sound easier and I might end up going that route - but I still really want to know the suggested way to correctly store the playfield if I did take it out…
I’ve seen some folks mention it’s a simple way to reduce the weight of the cab if you want to go up/down stairs but I can’t find anyone talking about Godzilla specifically and the collapsing building assembly is chonky!

I used a cart right next to the pin. Be sure to not put the playfield directly on the side armor or it will damage it like I did. Super easy to take it all out. There was 1 cable I left connected though, I'd recommend leaving it wired and just setting it on a surface next to it.

It's way easier to get the artblades perfect like this. It's ridiculous simple to lift it all the way out.

An astute pinsider pointed out the scratches on the side rails-- thanks for that! Stern replaced it free under warranty

20220804_115410 (resized).jpg20220804_115410 (resized).jpg

#15198 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

super newbie question... I've got my playfield out right now to instal art blades and a shaker motor. I just moved my outlane posts into the lower (easier) position. Are there any other official changes I can make to the playfield while I have it out to make the game easier? Thanks, pros.

Godzilla is one of the easiest games IMHO. Check out Abe Flips pinball channel on youTube if you need some tips. Godzilla is kinda the perfect game, it's not too hard or punishing, but still hard enough you don't have 20 minute games normally. If you're getting frustrated you can always set it to "super easy" in the settings which should make things like ball saves longer. Enjoy it, use it to improve your skills, and don't sweat the short plays. (I hope you read this as unbiased gerneralized input and nothing against your skills, just input to keep it "as hard as it is factory").

1 week later
#15443 1 year ago

Sonic I'm trying to find the info for this mod, can you send /post a link?

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'll offer another ringing endorsement for this mod. Zero unregistered skill shots and impostor collects since installing.

#15522 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

Hey guys. The WiFi on my Godzilla Preimum is terrible. The game sits right next to my Rush Premium, which picks up my WiFI just fine. I *think* I've seen other people replace their dongles but I can't find it in the thread. Does anybody have any recommendations for dongles that work (i.e. get better range)? Did you have to update drivers somehow? Simpler is better for me.... Thanks!

Don't know if it's faster/better, but this one works and is in my GZ right now. (Bought it to add IC to my Star Wars, but it ended up in GZ) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00H28H8DU

There are only a few chipsets that work with the Sterns and this chipset does.

#15524 1 year ago

FYI Hot Topic has a real nice Godzilla shirt right now to match your favorite pin.

#15560 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Just got an email from my distributor that my GZ Premium will be arriving in a week or so! My first NIB, can't wait!

OOOOH you're gonna LOVE it! Get yourself some good Godzilla swag (see Taget, Hot Topic, Ebay).... this machine is PERFECT and oh so fun. Clear your schedule!

Also be sure to enable Home Team from the get go, it makes it a lot better. I didn't do that for the first month and regret it.

7 months later
#21772 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

because life IS short..I was just diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor yesterday We'll see how that pans out..but I did buy the topper before the news, lol..(I knew I had the tumor, but didn't know it was inoperatable at that time).

Seems you have the real life exclusive “King of the Monsters Time Attack” mode. Let's hope you can break out of it and get some extra balls. Know that you have all our support!!!!

I hereby nominate you the King of the Monsters and hope you absolutely break that mode and beat that fucking monster!!!!!

#21820 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Sure would be nice if some of that burning hole money found its way to a local animal shelter.
Out of sight, out of mind does not mean its not happening.

I think you should sell all your pins and donate to your local animal shelter.

#21829 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

I suspect problem with the upgrade in 1.05.0... where can i found the 1.04.0 please ?

Contact Stern support... see sternpinball.com.

#21830 10 months ago

On the recent thread of other games and GZ-- I just got back my Star Wars (premium, comic art) after a 6 month swap for Batman66-- and getting it back, I really love having it as something completely different than GZ. The gameplay is just *so* different. Godzilla is so mechanical with so many things going on, while Star Wars is really stripped back to a basic shooter but with really fancy lights. It's fantastic next to GZ. But thats just me, I only have 2 games in my little pinball kingdom, I know a lot of you cats have 20+.

#21910 10 months ago

Speaking of toppers... here's mine. I need to add lights though....

16857575368777795718106387835134 (resized).jpg16857575368777795718106387835134 (resized).jpg
#21983 10 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I find it hard to believe toppers sell games. They may help drive people to a machine and play it on location and they may help part a completionist of their money but selling more machines?

IMHO they are designed to drive people to a machine to play it on location by making the game look more attractive (and thus justify the high price)-- but in actuality its us collector suckers that end up buying them.

#21992 10 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

Agreed, my GZ is not going anywhere..."bolted to the floor" I believe is the phrase, I've already spent over 2000 in mods, you only live once...enjoy life

You gotta unbolt it to get that sweet nudge action

#22027 10 months ago

I saw this on FB and thought we needed more nonsense here. Ok, who's gonna mount Godzilla vs Jesus in your pin?

351207786_562005519438658_694244565743083181_n (resized).jpg351207786_562005519438658_694244565743083181_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coloradodan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=coloradodan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.