PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19985 1 year ago

Hey folks. I joined the club this week! This GZ Premium is my first NIB pin. I'm glad there weren't any major issues, but I am having some of the minor problems others have reported. Since this pin is fresh off the line, I figured it might be good to let ppl know that these problems are still happening.

1) The under-bridge/over-magnet plastic is the shorter modified variety.. it's still getting clipped a little by the bridge and I can see some damage starting to form. I want to try the fix (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6714220) where you add a washer to the coil stop. QUESTION: Am I supposed to be putting a small washer inside_ the sleeve? Or a big washer outside around the metal nub on the coil stop like this (https://pinballvegas.com/pics/006aiq3.jpg)? Seems weird to add a loose small washer inside the sleeve, but that's what it looks like in the photo.

2) Two balls were occasionally getting kicked to shooter lane and getting stuck. Reduced the trough kick out value and the problem is gone.

3) The building VUK sometimes takes two tries before the ball makes it to the top. I haven't attempted to fix this, but I see a couple ideas in the thread. This is low priority for me since it doesn't seem to be causing any damage.

4) After about 40 plays, the two sides of the bridge plastics started getting stuck on each other and preventing the bridge from dropping. Gonna try loosening the plastics and moving them apart tonight.

5) Manual plunge skill shots are hard because of the sloppy launch. Still working my way through this thread looking for a fix.

6) Magna grab is working great.

1 week later
#20281 1 year ago

Loving my GZ Prem so far. Very confusing game at first, but 40 plays later I managed to crack 2 bil. Now I'm struggling to get 1 bil again. It's like I know too much and my beginners luck has run out.

I'm hearing some relay clicking in the backbox when I turn on the machine. Sometimes it's 10 or so clicks.. some times it's none. I heard about 40 clicks last night when I switched it on. Everything works fine once it has settled down. Is that normal for a new Stern?

#20306 1 year ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

My brother picked up a NIB Elvira recently and it does the same thing. Occasionally he would also get a reset. I emailed Stern about it & they just got back to me yesterday. Here is what Stern said:
"The clicking sound you're hearing is the power supply going into overcurrent protection mode. On power up, the load on the power supply is high while the 3 large capacitors on the power distribution board begin to charge. During this charging period the power supply will shut down a few times to protect itself. This is normal for all of our games. However, it shouldn't take the game over a minute to completely boot nor should it reset during a mode. I'm suspecting there might be an issue with his CPU board that's causing his problem. Please tell him to contact his distributor for an advance replacement for the CPU #509-1003-01"

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I don't get a reset, thankfully, but I certainly hear more than "a few" clicks. I'm curious if a CPU board replacement also stops any excessive clicks. Keep us updated!

1 week later
#20452 1 year ago
Quoted from frb:

My game was in the last batch. Stern began installing the playfield centering guides on side of cabinet again. The plunge is fine with playfield centered

Mine also has the centering guides. My plunge rattles around in the launch lane about 90% of the time. Adding the chrome candy metal plate did not improve things for me. The plunger tip appears centered on the ball ok. I’m just learning to live with it.

#20466 1 year ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

One thing I wish they'd address in the code is making it so your score, and other important info like the timer is always displayed on the screen instead of the many cut scenes. Most of the cut scenes seem to be in letterbox so it doesn't use the top, and bottom of the screen anyway.
More often than not your score/progress bar/timer/ etc isn't there, and I find it super frustrating.

Agreed. The worst is when you have a battle mode stacked with a multiball then that voiceover starts saying "you're running out of time" and you have no idea what needs to be hit next because an endless sequence of videos is playing and the playfield lights are going crazy. I could totally hit it.. if I only knew what "it" was.

#20513 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

He tried. Chrome Candy mod is same as Lermods but stainless steel instead of plastic. I agree with you that it's essential but I'm not sure why it didn't help him.

I gave it another try last night. Works better than I originally thought. With the chrome candy fix installed, it’s much easier to get long plunge skill shots. I’d say it still rattles around about 10% of the time with long plunges. For short plunges it always rattles around, even with the fix in place. I guess that’s an improvement since I can at least try for the super secret skill shots now. Its definitely not the “100% fix” it’s advertised to be.. at least in the case of my machine.

#20519 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Do many of you take this off? I do not understand why we need two places on the machine to scan for Insider Connected.
[quoted image]

Comes off easily. I stuck mine to the coin box for safe keeping.

#20596 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I thought I was dreaming about this, but I believe that is occurring with mine too. Find it hard to hit the destruction jackpot now.

I was hitting destruction jackpots pretty consistently last week. I think I've hit maybe one on the initial flip since the latest code update. I figured I was just in a slump, but now I'm wondering if maybe the ball isn't falling in the same place it used to. Hard to think that could be caused by a code change though.. unless the code is doing more than just switching the magnet from ON to OFF.

#20703 12 months ago

The only explanation for how many balls end up there.

22B208D7-50CA-49F2-B00A-FD0871961E17 (resized).jpeg22B208D7-50CA-49F2-B00A-FD0871961E17 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#20819 11 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

The left ramp rattles a little bit and sometimes rejects on clean shots.

Get used to that rattle. I've noticed that 'clean' shots that would probably be OK on most machines are not OK for the GZ left ramp. A successful shot is a little late and just scrapes along the left side of the lane. I wonder sometimes if the ball even deflects off the upper flipper as it's on the way up. Been wanting to catch this on slo-mo, but haven't tried yet.

The good news is that most failed shots to that ramp will safely come down and dead bounce over to the right flipper for a trap. Key word is 'most'. Some that are coming down fast will dead bounce and hop the right sling into the ever-hungry right outline.

4 months later
#24167 7 months ago

Question about a Weird issue.

I missed a destruction jackpot shot, got the ball on the flipper, quickly shot the center spinner to try and get another flip at the jackpot.. and the jackpot triggered as it went thru the inner loop before it even got to the flipper.

I can vaguely recall this happening once before on this machine with about 500 plays on it. I’ve noticed no other strange switch behavior.

Known issue? Or something I should be troubleshooting? Any tips on where to start?

1 week later
#24296 7 months ago

Watching this latest stern vid.. Jason Werdrick restarts his Rodan timer. I didn't know this was possible. How do you do it?

#24298 7 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

In the video it was just the start of a new Rodan 2x ally.

Ah, I see that now. Thanks for clarifying.

1 month later
#24609 6 months ago

Six months of home use. < 1000 games. Should I be expecting chips in the playfield already??

IMG_2961 (resized).jpegIMG_2961 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=cheezywhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.