IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cashmoney.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 2 years ago

Preordered a Premium but was told to expect it in "early 2022". Its gonna be a long 6 months lol...

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Know your place Pro buyers....seriously, who would buy the 'shit' version?....poor people it seems.[quoted image]

It's this type of small-minded thinking that gives Pinside a bad rap...

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

My two cents. An LE is approx. $1800 more in EU and for that you get better speakers (worth prob $50 more), lenticular cab art (priceless), mirror translite (priceless), art blades (worth $100), anti reflex glass (worth $250) and a shaker (worth $150). So you get something like $550 worth of extras plus much better looking cab art and translite. On top of that an LE usually holds or even increases its worth (unsure when 1000 units are produced) while a premium loses something like 10-15% of its worth during a year or two. Based on this I went with an LE.

I just sold my IMDN premium for $8k when I bought it for $7500 so I’m not sure your theory applies to premium machines anymore. You can break even or make money on any model now. This hobby is getting crazy.

I’m going premium because I can actually do a powder coat that I think will look better than the silver LE. And to your point, I can spend about $550 and get everything except cab art (which I cant see with other machines next to it anyways) and a mirrored translight. So I’ll save the addition $1,500 and make a one of a kind LE myself.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well then I'm moving to Sacramento. Seems to be a lot of lives ones out there. It is California and u know what Archie Bunker said about California? Its the land of fruits and nuts, every fruit is a little nutty and every nut is a little fruity.
[quoted image]

No idea who Archie Bunker is but California prices seem to be consistently higher due to the cost of living. Everyone I’ve met and dealt with has been great so far. Huge pinball community and so many great players out here.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Dang I reached out to my distributor in June to get a spot for Godzilla Premium. I have already paid in full but found out today I won’t even be in the first run and should expect 2022. That’s a huge bummer, I wonder just how early these orders started filling up.

Thats strange that you had to pull down full payment up front. I'm on the early 2022 run as well but I don't have to put down anything for deposit.

On the bright side, it gives Stern time to flush out the issues with the first run so there's a positive to waiting!

1 week later
#252 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Do all distros charge shipping? Wondering if my distro charged me but stern usually covers it.

No. In fact, every distro I've ever ordered a NIB Stern with always has free shipping.

1 week later
#399 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - You can play a Premium today if you head to Logan!
[quoted image]

Wow that Premium translight looks amazing.

1 week later
#740 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Elwin Sighting?[quoted image][quoted image]

man that premium translight is definitely my favorite of the 3. Color scheme looks great and it’s not too busy.

1 week later
#1311 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Some of us who committed in the first day or two for a Premium are not in the first run... still waiting for final confirmation on when I may see mine.

Yeah same here. Once I found out the LE's were sold out with my distributor, I put my name down for the Premium immediately. Still no confirmation on if I was in the 1st or 2nd run yet.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

But for pro not premium/Le ?

Mando I went ahead and created a rubber kit for the Premium/LE model:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1870

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Did you upload any pics or just create the kit? Need pics, help the player out.

Pictures of what? Just replace the black standard rubber with a Titan rubber. Use the manual for reference if needed. All Titan orders come with the reference card for additional assistance.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

I'm looking to powder coat my premium to closely match the LE's finish.
Anyone have ideas as to what would be a closer match between these two, or perhaps one that I haven't seen?
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-1222/dark-silver-metallic
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMS-2569/alien-silver

I'm actually thinking about powder coating my premium in a metallic gold or even a gold vein. That way it will be more of a true LE and I think a variation of Gold would look really nice on this machine:

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMS-6374/gold-metallic
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-4698/flaming-gold
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Just confirming I am definitely on second run premiums, and will be getting my machine by the end of February. I believe they’re into third run preorders now, and that will be early to mid summer.

Looks like I'm on the 2nd run of Premiums as well. Oh well, just picked up a JP3 Pro and its been keeping me entertained.

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there an iphone app for Insider Connect?

Not yet. Gomez is on record saying it will come out in the future.

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

First-time pin owner who is trying to get his game set up securely without going crazy. It was recommended to me to replace the factory stern rubbers. I found my way to https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5761 where there are four user-suggested kits for Godzilla Pro, each of them different (beyond just the colors or number of spares).
Would someone who understands this stuff take a look and suggest which to go with or how to assess that myself? I see each one lists different post sleeves, except one that doesn't list them at all. And I had to google to learn what a post sleeve even is. Thanks.

Here’s the one I made, it’s taken directly from the pro manual from Stern. I added 1 extra rubber of each size. I’ve triple checked the list so I know it’s accurate per the manual.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1843

#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks. Since I'm trying to understand this stuff, would you let me know why you have "Post Sleeves - Standard" vs. "
Post Sleeves - Stern Slim Tapered" or "Post Sleeves - 1/2 Inch (Stern / DE)" which are ones in other kits (and have 'Stern' in their names)?

Post sleeves - 1/2 inch: are for the older DE games as noted in the parentheses.

Posts sleeves - Stern slim tapered: never used these but post sleeves get chewed up like crazy from bricked shots, I would not recommend these unless you want to change sleeves every 50 games.

Post sleeves standard: these are what I use on all of my machines. They are great and last quite a long time and won’t leave black poop all over your machine.

Not sure why people are saying not to change out the rubbers on your machine. It’s one of the first things I do and really isn’t that hard to do. Just take lots of pictures and do one section at a time. It’s also a good time to clean your machine with Novus too. Might as well install cliffys which I highly recommend to protect your Playfield while you have the game torn down.

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

You want the thin Stern tapered, they are thinner at the base/fatter at the top and thus cut down on airballs, as the angle of the sleeve in effect pushes the ball back toward the Playfield. I believe the factory sleeves are all tapered now, so you're making the game more prone to airballs with the older standard sleeves... Bad idea.

I can speak from the experience of 50 guys in our local league that standard sleeves are the way to go. But pick whichever one lets you sleep at night.

In the end, Titans are a huge upgrade to the black ones that leave poo marks all over your machine.

1 week later
#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

This ^^^

And this ^^^
I experienced this as well using Pinguy app.
After checking using a $3 plastic bubble level and my Craftsman digital level, I ended up deleting this app
I only checked it because I DID use the app to level my game last night after playing the last game of the evening
Came back tonight and the magnet was dropping the ball onto the base of the flipper then bouncing almost a 1/2" away from the face of it making the loop shot impossible
Checked this thread and saw multiple posts about app being off - sure is
Hope this helps someone else
See pic of app at ZERO and both levels behind it ... was 0.7 degrees off
Second image after leveling using the Craftsman level
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah the PinGuy app is garbage. I just bought a decent digital level on Amazon and never looked back.

#2760 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Got mine today!! Got the Big 3 now!
[quoted image]

Just missing Elwins best shooter, AIQ…

#2785 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Whats the consensus on pitch for this game? 6.8 usually for elwin games for me

I always put my Sterns at 7 degrees pitch and the outlane posts all the way up with the rubbers removed. Tilt Bob tight but loose enough to make 1 nice move per ball.

No point in making it easy since they’re always setup hard during tournaments…

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok Keith Elwin

Shoot I wish!! Just trying to get a littler better everyday.

Appreciate the comment though my man!

#3119 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks like a Pinstadium “before” spam pic.

That’s just sad honestly… but I guess there’s a sucker out there willing to drop $400 on cheap Chinese made LEDs.

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyG:

Ordered my Premium September 16th for a January delivery. Just informed I'm #%&* out of luck and allocations are cut and maybe I'll get one next August. Anyone else get the great news and how do they keep dropping new products when can't fulfill past orders. Yes, I get the whole supply chain issue but pros are still being run and available 1st quarter. I'm sure by next August there will be one or two additional releases also. Tad frustrated here and maybe some of you know way more then I do.

That doesn’t make any sense, if you ordered that early and didn’t get in on the first run then you should definitely be on the second run of premiums slated to ship in March. I would find another distribution as there’s plenty who can get you on the second run of premiums.

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You say there are plenty who can get people into a second run when demand is sky high and supply is limited. My distributor said August also and even if another distributor claimed they had a March spot available it's just a projection at this point and not a guarantee.

Agreed there’s no guarantee, the distributors are just telling us what Stern is telling them. And supply chain issues coupled with inflation is bound to keep pushing things back.

Just saying that with a few phone calls you could easily find some March run spots…

#3215 2 years ago

I've been messing around with a few different Godzilla figures and worked on this one for the past day. I just thought with all the burning buildings it might be cool to see Godzilla spreading some fire blasts. Nothing set in stone yet and testing the circuit for the flame effects LED's which is currently hooked to the GI's.

Wow this is the best mod I’ve seen for this game! Please put me on an interested list if you’re planning on selling.

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

On playfield I see Kumonga, King Caesar and Hedorah spelled out specifically.
Anyone know if there are plans to add(or if they might already be in somewhere and I just haven't seen) additional monsters to battles or additional allies. Or maybe some separate mode involving them directly.
So exciting to think maybe this game has even further additions to go with additional content as awesome as it already is, I really hope so!

I believe on the loserkid podcast, Keith said that they only had certain movies they could use footage from. So what you see is what you get. I was also pretty disappointed that there will not be any Hedorah in the game. But that’s how licensing deals work sometimes…

#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Has anyone heard if Godzilla has any nods to older games in the call outs?
I mean IMDN has from MM and DP from MB.

I was hoping Keith and team would have something related to the old Sega Godzilla game kinda like they did with JP3 and the Data East JP (Chaos and Raptor Tri Ball). So far I haven't found anything.

It would be cool to have a "Baby Godzilla" or even a "Save New York" MB incorporated into this game for fun! (Hopefully you're reading this and laughing KME!)

#3608 2 years ago

Ok after a few days playing with Godzilla's fire blast, I find it works best on a 12v supply line "not a GI or flasher" as the circuit did not like the quick interruptions of power.
So I decided for several reasons that I will not be making these to sell with the two biggest reasons being:
1- Time it takes to make one
2- Price for the Godzilla figures varies as does the availability of them.
Another reason is why profit from a hobby where I can share something and give back to others so they can make their own mod at cost and enjoy it. So all I ask is PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS MOD and try to going into business for your self by selling it to fellow hobbyist for a profit, let's all try to enjoy the hobby as reasonable as possible and give back to each other where we can. Especially that we are frigging paying over 10k for machines now.
With that being said here is the list of things used to make it, use it as a guide or change it to what you like.
Godzilla Figure:
Bandai Toho 2009 Classic Godzilla, this is the figure I used as it kept with the 1950's - 1960's version of Zilla used in the clips "Price Hunt Them":
ebay.com link: itm
Flame Blast:
1:12 Pyro Blast this seller sells a single or double pack for the extra few bucks get the 2 pack in-case of a mistake and these are semi fragile:
ebay.com link: itm
Fire LEDs Kit with circuit board, I strongly recommend the nano size chip and optional AC/DC 7-19v and extra wire. Should total $11.10
https://evandesigns.com/products/fire-led-kit?_pos=1&_sid=818a7014b&_ss=r&variant=32221154017328
Remote Outlet:
If you are going to buy a cheap dedicated 12v power supply and run it off your service outlet please know when you shut the machine the service outlet is still live and so will be his fire blast, unless you are using a wireless remote outlet that shut it all down like the one listed below.
amazon.com link »
12v Power supply with Barrel Jack connectors:
amazon.com link »
If you are not going to buy a 12v power supply and don't use a remote outlet (BTW on sale today on Amazon Back Friday deals) then you can pull the 12v from the CN6 connector on your power board in the back box but you'll have to make the plug.
In addition to some CA Glue or Crazy Glue, extra wire about 30" in length (x2), soldering gun and heat shrink.
If anyone is interested in doing this mod for your machine these are the parts needed so if you wish to order them now and get a jump by all means please do so. I intended on doing a construction process video of for you to see as building it in the next few days, if not then I'll write out the step by step that I did which is pretty easy to do, and if you have any questions I'll try to help as much as I can via text or phone which ever you like.
Okay so start ordering up and step by step details coming soon.
[quoted image]

Wow thanks a ton for doing this! This is the best looking Godzilla mod so far. I ordered all of the parts, will look for your next post. Thanks again.

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’ve been trying to think about potential color options for a premium as well, and I actually think matching the purple hues would look really good.

I’m going with Gold for my premium to match Ghidorahs skin. Already have green on my JP3.

#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would love to see this, do you have any mock up pics / photoshops

Ha! I wish I had the skills to do this... I'm going with "Flaming Gold" from Prismatic powders if you want to see what it looks like. My Premium isn't scheduled to ship until March so I won't have pics for a while unfortunately.

#3786 2 years ago
Quoted from av1230:

Thanks for the reply guys! The tutorial videos and tips really helped!
I have one last question before I jump back on.. is there a correct slope to play on? 6 degrees or flat? Thanks guys!

I set all of my Elwins to 7 degrees. Love this pitch for his games.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Different games for different folks...
I Love AIQ! Excellent flowing combos with great code depth and various strategies to attack it is what I like for home games. Once you get "good" at it, the game times can be on the longer side though.

I completely agree. AIQ is flat out awesome. Sure, the assets, music, and sound is no where near JP. But it’s by far the best shooting game of the 4, an absolute flow monster!

And the code/ruleset is simply a masterpiece. So many different ways and strategies to the game, it makes playing it every time a unique experience. I honestly just feel bad for people when they don’t take the time to understand the ruleset, they’re missing out.

#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I owned it and understood it and was happy when it left. Not everyone has to like every game. If you love it, great. I love GOT and lots of people hate that but I don’t feel bad for them.
So many great games to choose from there is no point torturing yourself to try and appreciate something.

For sure. Just making the point that you should at least try to understand the ruleset to a game before moving on.

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

So I've gone out to play this game 3 times on location now and I can't decide how I feel about it.
The shots feel great, the callouts and immersion are a blast. But holy crap I just feel like there's so much going on at once. I get the basics - hit the ramps, scoop, battle - but I can't dial in the strategy or objectives for jet fighters, tanks, etc. Is it just something where I should study up on Tiltforums before I go next time?

Check out this gameplay video.
Karl does a great job at explaining the ruleset and strategy approach to the game. So much fun to watch him blow up it up.

#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any updates when the shooter lane protector will be in stock again at Mezel mods and if Cointaker will carry it? Pu-parts has it in stock but they are over seas. Anyone know if another one will fit GZ? I don’t have my pro yet. So can’t pull one from my other pins to check. Like to have it before the pin arrives.

Just get the full Cliffy protector set. It’s a great quality product that lasts. I have them on all of my machines. He’s got them on sale right now and ready to ship.

1 week later
#4527 2 years ago
Quoted from LEDMARTIANEYES:

I recently added pinwoffer to a JP. It made an incredible difference. My Godzilla LE didn't even sound close to the Jp so I added pinwoffer. It made a big difference but the sound is still not as good as the jp. I think it has alot to do with the media used and the destruction noise that is ongoing. Hopefully they can clean up the audio a bit.

I have this same issue with my AIQ. The pinwoofer setup sounded better but still a cracking noise at the start of the game.

I installed Pinwoofer on my JP3 and it sounds stunning! Feels like I’m in the movies lol. Not sure how these machines can vary so much in audio quality. It has to be the media stern is using like you had mentioned…

#4616 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've got a similar number of plays on both from playing them side by side on location and if I were buying I'd go for the Pro most likely. The gameplay is really similar and it would be hard for me to justify close to $9k on a Premium game. That's just a lot of money for a non limited game. Pro is better bang for the buck and provides 95% of the fun. My scores are remarkably similar on both models.[quoted image]

I mean $9k on a “non limited machine” is a good price right now. Go look at the for sale section of pinside and you’ll see premiums selling for 10-11k lol. In fact I see some schmuck who’s paying $11.5k for a premium!

Have your premium powder coated and it’s better than those LEs that aren’t even really Limited editions at a run of 1,000… that just stern fake fomo at its finest.

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Anyone put mirror blades in their game? Curious how it looks. Not a fan of the current art blades out there.

Lermods put mirror blades in their game and it looks amazing. I have mirror blades in my AIQ and it really opens up the Playfield and enhances the light show! I think I’ll be getting some for my GZ Prem.

1 week later
#5125 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I personally found this amusing when I first saw it.
It's a photo of a prototype playfield with the original Mechagodzilla that people might recognize from the Walking Dead game.
The photo is a picture of a picture on a screen. So it's fairly low resolution. [quoted image]

Looks like a king ghidora figure in the back right which looks awesome. That kinda explains the emptiness in that area now. Probably pulled out of final production for cost reasons…

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I get these two things and it makes a huge difference plus a Pyle in the cabinet.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
Kenwood KFC-D131 5.25" 2-Way 320W Max Power Audio Speakers amazon.com link »
The last time I got those speakers they were 50 bucks. Wow inflation is nuts.

I do the same expect I just get the backbox speakers that stern uses in their LEs, they sound great and are cheaper:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html

Then I upgrade the cab speaker to this, I think it’s the same one as the LE cab speaker:

ebay.com link: Goldwood Sound GW 8024 Rubber Surround 8 Woofer 190 Watts 4ohm Speaker

The cab speaker used to be $20 wow…

#5445 2 years ago

I’m about to toss in the towel on waiting for these, it’s been holding up my speaker upgrade. I’m about to order the 5.25 plates and just be done with it.

Yup, I did this same thing. It’s been months now. so I just ordered the LE speaker panel kit which looks awesome anyways.

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Just installed this LED backbox kit from Cointaker. Pretty good I think...

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

Do the flashers go off the whole game? I thought these were interactive?

1 week later
#6300 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I created an install video and at the 20 sec mark, you can see the difference between the factory plastics and the building mod. Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope all is well.

Killing it Craig, great work!

1 week later
#6688 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have never needed new foam. I always reuse the foam and get the canvas. Love 'em!
Just received my Flamin' Frames today! Now I just need my Godzilla Premium to arrive!

awesome1 Any update from your distributor on timing for the next batch of premiums? I believe we are both in the March batch.

#6972 2 years ago

Who else feels me on this one?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7144 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

T-minus 1 hour to the prize-bearing Godzilla Premium 0.90a stream. Tonight Karl is playing a BRAND NEW, UNRELEASED build that is tweaked 0.90a for INDISC with changes to the Annihilation bonus because he broke 0.90 scoring with his 12 billion stream...
Quiet fan kit and T-shirt prize giveaway have no contest question this time, and he's leaving the entry period open the whole time up until the drawing. The Tibetan Breeze kit giveaway is after the quiet fan kit and t-shirt is given away. Type !contest in iepinball twitch chat for the entry form. You must be in the chat and respond when prizes are awarded to win.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
[quoted image]

Why does it have to be at the same time as the 49ers game?!

Guess I’ll watch the vod later on his channel.

#7319 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right, and it doesn’t pay off in score and nearly always ends in draining your ball into the L outlane if you fail to make a full loop. Destruction Super Loops would make a great risk vs reward scenario.

I really hope Keith gives us more reason to shoot consecutive loops by the time we get to 1.0 code… This is what makes IMDN so much fun to play.

1 week later
#7704 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium? With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

Lots of discussion on this already in the thread if you do a quick search.

#7890 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just likely overpaid for an LE NIB. Do I keep it or wait for a premium?

If you paid over $10,500 you got fleeced… I would go MSRP on a premium and just wait it out.

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Count me among those who were happily “fleeced.”
Zero regrets.

Nice.

I guess I’ll just enjoy my premium at MSRP which is the same exact game, minus a $100 powder coat job and a $50 mirrored backglass.

#7894 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You can easily get 13k for a used LE right now. If anything over 10.5 is fleeced, then call me a sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Take the $13k and run.

1 week later
#8141 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

what does the oxygen destroyer (right out lane) do?

No idea, hasn’t been coded into the game yet.

#8166 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Has anyone heard anything from their distributors on 2nd run Premiums yet? Hopefully us 2nd runners will hear some news soon.

Haven't heard anything my from distributor yet... We were told "sometime in March". I don't see why that wouldn't be true still.

#8276 2 years ago

2nd run of premiums are still scheduled for March from what I heard, they are just a couple weeks behind due to part shortages. I've been waiting 7 months as I ordered when the day 1 teaser video was dropped.

#8360 2 years ago

Just wanted to give a big shout and thanks to joelbob for his fantastic interview with Keith. They not only went into detail on every part of this game but even touched upon AIQ which I though was cool. Give it a listen and you’ll learn a ton. And we finally get our answers on the building MB, flipper angles, PF slope, and Keith’s love for Scoops!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-pinball-network/id1497645647?i=1000552849809

#8442 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

There was a post a few days back that suggested that no more Premiums would be built this year due to parts shortages. I'm going to ignore that

Yeah as far as I know, Stern is a couple weeks behind so maybe the March run bleeds into April. This shouldn't impact GZ Premiums. Stern already released a statement that they will be building Mandos, Rush, DP's, and GZ's until August so I'm not sure where this "no GZ premiums until next year" thing came from.

#8463 2 years ago

Oops wrong thread!

#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In case anyone is interested to see the shooter rod from Stern installed on the LE
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Where did you order from?

1 week later
#8806 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Awesome info in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route
I’m going with Kicker 5.25’s and an 8” sub.

+1 to this thread.

You can build a better sound system than pinwoofer provides for around $100. Versus the $450 set that pinwoofer sells.

An External powered sub is still the best bang for your buck IMO.

2 weeks later
#9236 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Who makes the lighted Tesla towers those look pretty cool

tdiddy makes them.

1 week later
#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I still can't believe how stripped down the pro is compared to the premium/LE on this game. I think Stern could have at least given pro owners the bridge and the premium/LE owners would have gotten plenty in the moving building, Mecha turntable/magnet and figures instead of shrinky dinks. I know the pro is still a great game but man what a big difference.

You’ve obviously forgotten about the days when you couldn’t even get a spinner on a pro lol… talking about games like MET and TWD.

Now you look at GZ pro and it has 3 spinners?? To me that seems way more loaded than older sterns. It’s all about perspective.

1 month later
#11002 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Holy shit, this looks awesome. I am typically not a mod guy, but this looks great! Awesome job.

Agreed, a huge step up from the 3D printed garbage we’ve been getting.

1 week later
#11310 1 year ago

May 31st premium build issue: manual plunge skill shot rattles around and doesn’t make it to the super skill shot behind the upper flipper.

I’m not seeing this on the index key posts and I know it’s been a common issue. Can someone share the post link/#?

#11319 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, so shooter lane.
[quoted image]
The two red screws lock it to the wood. The three machine screws lock it to the outside housing. Mine wasn’t misaligned as much as mis positioned.
If you’re comfy doing work on games… remove the two red screws. Then loosen the three around the shooter rod. You will then be able to reposition the entire shooter rod assembly. Move it a bit, put the playfield down, measure if it contacts the ball in the center. Remove ball, playfield back up, move again, repeat until you’re happy. Tighten JUST the 3 machine screws. Measure again (to be sure!). Finally put the red screws back in to lock it to the wood.
Mine was so far off that it was new holes for the red screws. YMMV. If you scratch your game moving around the shooter rod, well, you will learn to be more careful. Overall an easy adjustment.

This is perfect thank you! Mine was also too far to the right. I knew it had to be something with the shooter rod, because the auto plunge made it around perfectly. I'll play around with it tonight. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the menu buttons. Glass slides in and out easily

This same exact scenario happened on my DP Pro... shooter rod was installed too far to the right.

OP, can we get this post added to the key Index topic posts? Very common issue and it will make it much easier for people to find.

#11376 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Currently the oxygen destroyer insert on the playfield isn't used, correct?

Correct, has not been coded yet as far as I know.

#11471 1 year ago
Quoted from bt94kg:

I haven’t noticed any significant flipper fade, this is after about 1000 balls played. Anyone else have any issues with fade?

May 31st Premium build and I haven't noticed any issues with flipper fade yet.

#11496 1 year ago

Not sure if this is a bug or not: if you have Bridge MB ready, but start a "Rage Combo" on the right ramp, the bridge drops and Bridge MB starts right away instead of letting you finish the rage combo. I'm on a premium which could act differently than the pro model. It would seem to me that the code should accommodate for the bridge falling and allow you to finish up the rage combo first.

Anyone else notice this?

#11515 1 year ago

Found another bug:

During GZ Mb, if you have the mothra out lane save lit and the ball save is still on for MB and a ball drains down the left outlane, it will use your mothra ball save ability. I saw it on Karl’s stream a couple weeks ago and confirmed it’s still in the 0.96 code update as wel.

1 week later
#11905 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

We are now live with the Godzilla tutorial. Don’t be shy, ask questions.
http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

Will this be converted over to YouTube at some point? Much easier to book mark vs Twitch

1 week later
#12198 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

You don't have to take the playfield out. It's a tight fight but what I've found works best as a two person job is push the playfield as far as it can go while in the up position to the opposite side of the side of the cabinet you're currently putting the art blade in. Line up the blade and then cut like 3-5 inches of the protective material over the adhesive from the front of the blade (nearest the flippers) and stick that into place. Then just slowly keep the back of the blade held and peel the protective material back as you go.
A lot of people will suggest the wet method, but I've found this method, assuming you have a second set of hands, to be really really easy.

I find that taking the playfield out is the easiest way to install art blades. You have more room and you can do it by yourself. Took me about 20 mins in total to install my art blades. Used a little Rpaid-Tac and it worked perfectly. There’s a great YouTube video by HurryUpPinball that does a great job providing step by step instructions.

5AB55DA9-0DFB-4DB5-8AD2-3AA81D9F4965 (resized).jpeg5AB55DA9-0DFB-4DB5-8AD2-3AA81D9F4965 (resized).jpegF2C09610-7021-4E6A-9F0F-BA4B4531416A (resized).jpegF2C09610-7021-4E6A-9F0F-BA4B4531416A (resized).jpeg
#12232 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Would this be OK for a sub upgrade?
I have this in my CGC remakes and they have great bass.
[quoted image]

If you’re going to upgrade the cab speaker then go with on the best rated ones that far outperforms the Goldwood speaker. Get the JBL stage 810:

JBL Stage810 - 8" Car Audio Subwoofer, Black (STAGE810AM) https://a.co/d/1IIRY2x

It’s about the same price and sounds much better . A guy here on pinside tested/rated all of the major speaker brands so there’s research behind it, not just preference.

I would also upgrade the backbox speakers while you’re at it. Go with the Kicker cs5.25 speakers.

#12266 1 year ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Have any fellow SpeakerLightKits buyers received their "Flamin' Frames" order recently? My order was placed about 2-1/2 months ago, so hoping to see if any others are getting their kits.
[quoted image]

0E786E03-78DE-43A2-BC0D-77F48F7D1612.gif0E786E03-78DE-43A2-BC0D-77F48F7D1612.gif
#12272 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

can anyone share a link for a 3d printed spacer for the JBL stage810 sub?

No spacer needed for the sub. Just use sex bolts and be sure to remove the plastic fence on the bottom of the cab.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Sex_bolts_Combo_truss_head_Zinc_plated_steel_Coarse_(standard)_thread_3_16_barrel_(6-32_thread).aspx?Selected=14288

#12285 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

This isn’t the ideal solution. A spacer is better. The hole in the cabinet is just a touch smaller than that required to accomodate proper speaker excursion.
I 3D printed my spacer. There’s a generic spacer on Thingiverse. I had to scale it up in my slicer; I’ll find the settings and link for you when I get home later today.
edit: I used the following. You’ll have to scale this in your slicer. The 8 holes in these were key. 4 of them fit over the existing bolts. I then used self-tapping wood screws to secure the speaker to the floor with the other 4 holes.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1236894
[quoted image]

Yeah I guess my point was the spacer is completely optional. Per Dave's post in the DIY thread, we aren't likely going to be running enough power to warrant the use of the spacer, especially if you're using the Stern EQ. For the JBL 810 with the Stern EQ, it's not needed. Either way, the speaker mesh should always be removed.

Reference this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/16#post-6990556

3 weeks later
#13073 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It is, and more when you account for the extra tax you pay on that 2k. And really don't see the couple extra interactive toys being worth the 2k outside of the idea of the pin feeling like it might not be complete? Or is it the FOMO tax? I dunno I just have a hard time with the huge price difference for a few game features. I understand the whole model but actual game changes is frustrating. It's purely FOMO that gets in our heads for sure.

You wanna talk about FOMO, go talk to the dudes dropping 13-15K on LE's when its the same exact game as the premium edition.

#13356 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Hey all! I installed the tournament button in Godzilla and am in a life and death match against my husband. Currently the pot is up to $41.50.
I haven’t followed the code updates super closely as I’ve installed them.
What is your current strategy to get a good high score? I’ve been sucking lately, and the code changes make just going through cities much harder.

Read through this thread, it’s fantastic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

9 months later
#21315 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Help! Just got in a godzilla premium and its my first stern machine
Where and how do i adjust the flipper coil power adjustments? I can see the flipper info in the coil test on the menu, but there does not seem to be a way there to change the power
Thanks!!

No need to adjust flipper power, it comes set from the factory.

Are you having issues with your flippers?

#21320 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It is not only possible but in fact best practice to dial in your coil power settings... they are not always ideal from factory
The two that come up all the time are trough eject (to be gentler on shooter lane) and auto plunge (too strong and it will get stuck behind MGZ). Can dial that one in to hit the captive ball or not depending on preference. Another one would be scoop eject. What kind of rubber is on your flippers and how do you want the ball to behave when it ejects? And then of course flipper strength.

Yes +1 to all of this! I always turn down the trough eject power.

I was more referring the the flipper power strength. Elwin chooses coil strength and power and it’s ready to go from the factory. I see no reason to adjust it unless you’re getting rejects or having other issues.

My flipper powers been untouched since day 1, no issues!

#21337 10 months ago

According to the Knapp arcade article, the topper should have been released by now

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-godzilla-topper-will-be-less-expensive-released-tuesday-morning

#21343 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Isn't Tuesday tomorrow?

HA! Good call. Too many beers for Memorial Day…

#21370 10 months ago

Just here to make sure it’s Tuesday this time.

2 weeks later
#22481 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

Received the topper and installed it today. I think it looks GREAT in person, fantastic light show and well integrated with the game - very glad I ignored the usual hate fest and got it.

Yes I think we can all agree on that.

It looks great for about $250.

#22523 10 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:I have to replace my titans after a month of play. Anyone have opinions on superbands rubbers?

How many plays are you putting on your game in a month?! I’ve put 2,000+ plays on my premium and I still haven’t had to replace my translucent titans.

#22524 10 months ago

Double post

#22647 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This Godzilla is in line, lol. I may paint him up a tad but definitely an upgrade for me.
[quoted image]

It still blows my mind that Stern put the same Godzilla figure on the topper that’s in the game… just, wow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cashmoney.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=cashmoney and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.