IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg
20240405_122647 (resized).jpg
20240402_174502 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3856 2 years ago

Is stern still making premiums and pros? Is anyone still expecting a first run delivery over the next few weeks?

2 weeks later
#4677 2 years ago

So I bought into the hype about a month ago (been a while since I gave stern a look)and went and put some time on a pro. I loved it even know it was set up horrible and was not fun bc of that....However I cld tell it wld b great set up correctly. I cld c it had a amazing layout and just overall execution for early code was really good. So i set out to buy one which proved basically impossible unless wanted to pay super inflated prices for a le.....which I almost did but held off. I decided I wanted all the toys /mechs as the game was special and wanted to experience everything. So few days before Thanksgiving I started calling all of sterns distros focusing on the smaller not so know ones bc i knew the big ones had a huge waiting list going to the end of 2022. Well I wasn't having much luck and the list got shorter and shorter . Was down to the final few when I possibly found one that had a extra premium . Well I sent payment on Dec 6 and received it yesterday. What a amazing pin and it's definitely probably my favorite stern so far..... just a killer layout what nice toys/mechs and great theme integration even on such early code....can't wait to c where it goes but it's allready very good. Here's my premium...build date nov 16 cabinet date nov 13 and playfield date nov 11. 20211213_163803 (resized).jpg20211213_163803 (resized).jpg
20211214_130027 (resized).jpg20211214_130027 (resized).jpg

#4698 2 years ago

Ok my premium came with .80 code and apparently .81 is the newest??....so I hooked it up to my wifi but it says no new code available and it's up to date? So then I tried to do it the old way and it won't find it on the drive? It been long time since I've updated a stern ...how do I put it on the drive ? Thanks in advance

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Register your game to your Stern insider account using the QR code on the bottom left of the screen when in the wifi settings screen. Once registered, it will allow you to update to .81

I was trying to avoid the registry lol... any idea how to put the files onto the drive Correctly so the pin reads it?

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

I placed an order with Cointaker immediately following the initial release of GZ. I wanted an LE but of course those were all spoken for. I was happy to be 3rd on the list (1st run) for a premium. Today I learned I won't see my game until March? This is straight from the distro. I understand there are parts shortages everywhere but being 3rd on the 1st run its hard to believe a large distro like cointaker only received 3 premiums.... anyways I love this hobby but dang!

Unfortunately it don't sound like u were really third... ...this happens all the time it seems...especially the past year .

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just joined the club after finding an in Stock premium local to me yesterday. This is my first new Stern. Is anyone using any shooter lane protector and if so, what are you using that fits and looks good? I've used Cliffy's before. Also, where are people getting the power line mods from. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Quoted from Vitty:

A premium in stock! whaaaaa

Nice pickup...if one puts in the time there are things available....just need to try the not so obvious routes. I ordered my premium nov 23 and it came in dec 10....I called most distributors and fiannlly
found one at a not so known small dealer for normal prices.
I must say it's probably my favorite layout I've ever played. One of sterns best overall packages and code is still very early... game is gonna be the top dog for a long time to come imo....glad I went premium on this one

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Got my premium today. Question. Anyone else have trouble getting the playfield back down into place after lifting it? I can take a pic later but basically when i push it all the way back on the rails it still is off by about a mm with the apron hooks and the two holes. I have to go under the playfield and push the handles to get it to go in. Anyone else?

Mine is tight and so is the glass but everything eventually goes where it needs to..

1 week later
#5274 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So curious what people are paying for LE's now who have bought in the last few weeks. I see many listed on pinside NIB for $16k...is that what people are paying? For those that own the pin already, would you pay $16k for it now if you had to?

Hell no....that's just dumb and part of the problem over the past year or so with this hobby now.. I almost thought about getting a le when they were 12k( very briefly)bc I wanted one now....then came to my senses...... decided that a premium plays exactly the same for much much less and was lucky to find one day before Thanksgiving.

#5275 2 years ago

I wanna also say that godzilla premium is my favorite stern and quickly becoming one of my overall favorites..... the layout is so so well done and just offers so many shots but yet it's fast ,flowy and is a ass kicker most of the time. I enjoyed the pro but wanted the full game and I'm a sucker for neat mechs and physical ball locks... I love the jump ramp into mechzilla and knocking the shield down. The different ball paths threw the building is a neat touch also and really helps in some modes. I wasn't a huge godzilla fan but enjoyed the movies and things This is one of sterns best theme integration imo and this game has it all from great tunes to funny as heck callouts and so much more . I definitely have a much better appreciation for the old toho godzilla film's. The last code update was top notch and can't wait to see where it's at when we get to 1.00+. Just a job well done stern and I'm very impressed with this whole package .
Its a instant classic and must have for most collectors. Wow wow wow..

#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats! I think it's the best Pro machine Stern's ever done. Just got mine a week ago.

I think its the best in any version stern has done lol...

1 week later
#5694 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Ball guide on back loop bending in. Is this something someone with limited tools and experience can correct? Assume I'd have to disassemble the whole back and then try to bend the guide back a little (by hand?).[quoted image]

Not sure how that wld happened unless it wasn't installed properly or tighted enough. Can u move it by hand?

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Question. I have the chance to buy an LE but have the pro already at home. Love it. Quick and clean.
Should I buy the LE and sell the Pro. I love the right quick loop on the pro and think I will miss it when you have the Bash Toy MechaGodzilla. Do you think the bridge and Tower is worth the upgrade?
Thanks

Godzilla in any form is absolutely amazing imo but in home environment the premium/le just adds that much more to the full experience . It adds more ways to approach things and who doesn't love jump ramps and moving buildings and different ball paths.....this is littlery what the enthusiasts have been asking for from stern and we fiannlly got the whole package. If u can get le for msrp or close then y not? This game is a instant classic and gonna be sought after for long time. I have yet to hear really anything negative about it ....when's last time that has happened.

4 weeks later
#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Get a pro if you can’t wait. Pro is well worth it. I played an LE and a pro and went with a pro. Added mods that make it look like a premium. No regrets and I preferred the pro artwork also.

Pro is a dang good pin ....and any form of this game is a must own at some point imo However there is a reason there is a much longer wait/waiting list for a premium. To me this Game will be a keeper for most so to have the extra toys/mechs in home use is really nice to just add to the overall excellent experience. .I'm usually a pro buyer but after putting time on both I wanted it all to really experience in home use. This is the total package that people have been asking for from stern... great art, rules, humor, toys / interactive mechs and a sweet non conventional layout that has tons shots with good flow. If u can't get a premium anytime soon and can get a pro go for it as it's fun as heck and enjoy it till u can get a premium. As Good as this game is just wait till it's fully updated..

#7303 2 years ago

I think godzilla is much better than maiden...maiden was a fun pin to shoot overall but godzilla has everything anyone cld want in a pin imo. Such a great game allready with more to come but dang the layout is just amazing and the jump ramp/bash toy and moving building with different ball paths is nice touch. I love when I'm hitting the ramps and the bridge is breaking apart and your not sure what's gone to happen but I love when it falls and magnet catches it.
This is the game everyone has been asking for from stern and it's for sure well loved allready....its to bad they are so far behind making them.

1 week later
#7629 2 years ago

Pinstadium does that bs with every dang new pin... so annoying and another reason I'll never purchase from them on top of its overpriced and not needed

#7778 2 years ago

Another amazing code update.. this game is gonna be hard to beat once it's finished as it's allready so dam good and better than most pins.
For those on the fence this game is gonna be a all time great ((allready is) and it's most likely gonna b a long time keeper for most people.....and the pro is excellent in its own right..... but do yourself a favor and get a premium or even a le if u can and don't look back. The total experience is well worth it and I promise u won't question your decision once it's in your house....so glad I did and I'm normally a pro buyer 95 percent of the time. The hype is real for godzilla...wow what a magnificent masterpiece it's turning out to be

#7842 2 years ago

What's the problem with the switches in that area? I have had any or seen many issues posted?

#7844 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People probably want a more consistent feed there. The physical switch can change the ball’s path on slow rollers.

Sounds like maybe the game needs raised up some if there is a issue? Mine is around 7 and haven't had anything stuck and good feeds from that area 95 percent of the time. But I suppose putting one those neat switches in cldnt hurt . Was just wondering as I haven't had or seen any issues on pins I've played

#7851 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The switch is stiff enough it can cause hangups when fully up. I’ve had to bend the switch on a fee examples to keep it from happening. Just making the blade not as tall above the playfield is all it takes (pulling the hoop down)

I'll keep eye on it but I'm guessing I wld of seen a issue by now as it's been months and 500+ games. Mine feeds really nice 95 percent of the time too. I may have ajusted that switch on my initial run-down of the playfield when I set it up tho.

#7993 2 years ago

The bridge is cool and does some fun things sometimes when it breaks apart and the ball falls off ....sometimes magnet catches it others not....really keeps u on your toes as it seems to do it randomly when I been playing for a bit. I also love the jump ramp /spinner when the ball Flys threw the air and hits mechzilla and then the magnet catches it. Just a all around fun pin with great interactive toys that just make it that much better with great kinetic satisfaction which is y we love this hobby

2 weeks later
#8540 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, it doesn't look much different there than the one I have that cost $30. I get tgat one is metal but it looks similar.

Is it metal?

1 week later
#8847 2 years ago

Wow another great update.... Power ups added and lots other stuff. .. still so much more coming but there is a reason this game has stayed no1 since released...... its so so good.

#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

New code is really nice and the buildings at the back really light up now...or maybe they always did and I just noticed.

They are definitely brighter now... one the first things that stood out to me. Game is just so dang good ....just wait till it's over 1.0 code...

1 month later
#10325 1 year ago

This pin is so good and is only getting better with every update. Usually by now the honeymoon phase starts wearing off for me...however I love and enjoy playing this pin as much as the first week. After watching the making of godzilla stern vid u can tell they put a little extra in this pin in every aspect and it shows. Such a amazing pin and my all time favorite and the theme wasn't even on my radar ....that's how dang good it is....thank u to everyone evolved in the making of godzilla.

1 month later
#11463 1 year ago
Quoted from KidK:

To be honest I forgot about left spinner. That is by far my most missed shot.
The left ramp I’ve become more accustomed to, and I will admit that ensuring the machine is well waxed tends to help that shot significantly.
I haven’t noticed much flipper fade after 1,800 balls or so, but I did swap the sleeves and coil stops NIB, so YMMV

Yes left spinner kills me..

1 week later
#11794 1 year ago

I've owned tons of modern pins (90s and up) and can honestly say godzilla premium is my favorite ever and it just keeps getting better. Great toys/mechs that interact well and the layout is just awesome . Code keeps getting more amazing and the Game just shines in all area's....and too think I was interested at first bc the theme was just ok to me.....glad I changed my mind. What a great pinball experience all around

#11821 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Some crazy people rent a truck and pick it up from the freight location. Just saying that might be an option.

I always do this.. much faster and the quicker it's in my hands the less likely it I'd to get damaged

1 week later
#12179 1 year ago

I have found over the years that I like all my pins set up around 6.8-7.0. They play well there with good speed and difficulty and have never really had any issues with stuck balls or many airballs. 6.5 just plays floaty and much more laid back and I seemed to always have weird thing's happing off of target's.

3 weeks later
#12865 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Just got a Godzilla, what are the must have or top mods?

Godzilla is great as is but some nice additions are shaker/ powered subwoofer and ufo pop mod from pinsider in Texas. I also put museum glass in all my pins.

#12870 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do you have a picture of this?

Well priced compared to all others also...

20220606_034451 (resized).jpg20220606_034451 (resized).jpg
20220606_034515 (resized).jpg20220606_034515 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#14141 1 year ago

Seems the playfield centering brackets were removed on games made after 2021 as my late November godzilla premium has them. Another small cost cutting move perhaps?

#14163 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since Stern's cost is likely extremely low on this tiny bracket (like $.50?), it's unlikely cost cutting was their motivation. Hopefully they solved the problem in another way and simply didn't need the arcane tiny brackets to keep the PF stable. Less is more when it comes to parts/complexity (as long as PF stability isn't sacrificed, obviously).

I agree. Chances are, the shooters are just slightly misaligned...will look into mine soon and report back on any progress.

Possible but every little bit is more profit..... many people have mentioned the playfield moving side to side 3-4 mm by just nudging so I don't think they fixed it another way.

#14164 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

OK, so I spent some time making numerous adjustments to try to make my Gz play better. After reading so many of the issues in this thread, it's changed my perspective, and spending a bunch of time dialing it in is just going to be required, apparently!
Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Bend left ramp magnet side guide wider
Lower the pitch
I adjusted the level top to bottom, which has definitely made the game a lot easier, with very little downside. A lot of things now need readjusted though like the launch power and magnet settings, because the auto launch rarely sticks to the magnet for multiball.
Something has me baffled. I think I had the game too steep. Legs on the front and back were all the way in before. Now, with the bubble in the built in level in between the two lines, I had to adjust my back legs all the way down, and the front legs almost all the way up.
This doesn't seem right at all. Any ideas??
Possible reasons:
* Legs are different lengths? (never known this to be true on other games)
* Bubble level is WAY off (I used another so I think it's about right)
* Bubble level doesn't work the way I think it should/bubble shouldn't be in the middle
* Leg holes drilled grossly incorrect on either the front or rear?
Thanks,
Wade

Something isn't correct... bubble level may be backwards which I've seen few times... plus don't go by that as they are not accurate but just a base to get close... put at 6.8-6.9 and enjoy

1 week later
#14443 1 year ago

My November run godzilla has one of the best playfields I've ever had on a stern pin. Still looks great with very minimal dimples and has a nice shine to it still.
The clear is for sure thinner but it really looks great.

1 week later
#14650 1 year ago
Quoted from yancyq:

His first run will be 20 units and he estimates will take about 2 months to complete them all. $1450 plus shipping.

1 month later
#15843 1 year ago

New code has lots of new little lighting enhancements all threwout the game alng with lots of other things... so much attention to little details . This game is definitely gonna be hard to top imo as the premium is just the total package of what i see as the perfect pinball experience. Told my fiance that I can choose different songs at mb now and she was so relieved ... she had gotten super annoyed with boc lol..

5 months later
#20406 12 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I think GB was one of the higher selling machines. Since Stern usually does not share the numbers its hard to say. I would think 10,000 would be a very high number. 5,000 units is what I would think they would be around now.

I dont believe gb came close to some others. They made a ton of metallica over a very long time(6-7 years) and they don't come up for sale very often.and many believe there are 5-7k of them. Made alot of acdc pins too over a fairly long period of time .. many think around 5k of those were made. While they seem to really b cranking godzilla's out the past 6 months it was a slow go especially for premiums for 1.5 years . Also many /most of the runs were only a week maybe two . Many people still waiting on orders from years ago. Stern don't do numbers but the numbers aren't as high as people think. Look at the numbers from the golden years ...no way they are near those. Yes it's a great time for pinball again but lots of manufacturers and options now. What a great tine again for the hobby.
Godzilla' is one the best overall pins ever and it will b in demand always. Just so many new pins came out quickly and only so much room available

1 week later
#20747 11 months ago

Turn the trough ball eject down until it barely gets to the shooter lane....then bump it up 5-10 notches. That greatly helps with less wear.. also a simple piece of mylar does wonders.

4 weeks later
#21542 10 months ago

Sad day for one the best pins ever imo... I'm not a topper person normally but been on list forever bc the game is so great. Super disappointed with this topper at any price point but especially at 1k+..... good news is I have 1k more.

6 months later
#25305 4 months ago

Looks like a bad batch of optos or a wiring /board issue? Also seems the qc has also went downhill over time. I have a late Nov 2021 zillia prem and it's been one my most played and best quality pins I've owned. Playfield is still beautiful no dimples and it's been very reliable after thousands of plays. Hopefully stern gets things figured out

3 weeks later
#26079 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everyone remember. If you can’t make it, cheat.

Am I missing something with the badges? Are they Worth something or do something special at some point ? I don't get the deal especially cheating to get them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 210.00
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.