PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beyndtstng.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1558 2 years ago

Just got my LE. I have a node board 8 over current error. Reseated everything and it removed the trough error but over current is still there. I have no white GI lights in the lower playfield. Can anyone assist?

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Could be one of the LEDs shorting out in lower GI.

I have red GI but not white on the lower playfield. We unplugged the connector and there is no over current error.

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Follow your bad GI lights to the node board that controls them. With machine on push on the wires (not connectors) and see if you can get the lights to flicker. If this works remove that connector, push wire to reseat the pin in the connector, reconnect . Do this to each connection on that node board

Gave this a try, nothing flickers.

3 weeks later
#3533 2 years ago

There is slight scoring exploit on 0.81 code for you premium/LE owners…

DBE43619-CB93-4997-8533-C3D68379F2CA (resized).jpegDBE43619-CB93-4997-8533-C3D68379F2CA (resized).jpegFF6430ED-0BDE-4EAD-AB0E-43FDCCB719AD (resized).jpegFF6430ED-0BDE-4EAD-AB0E-43FDCCB719AD (resized).jpeg
#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The defense would like to present exhibit “A” - Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Stern Pinball, 2018, Designer - Some guy named Keith Elwin).
While playing a game of Iron Maiden, if the slingshot fires the ball to an out-lane, you may hear a pre-recorded callout that says: “Aww, cheap drain” in the demon voice.

One consistent feature to every Elwin game is the punishment for only making a loop halfway. Straight outlane with JP possibly being the most forgiving. This is one of my favorite design features. Each game has great scoring balance with risk/reward objectives as well.

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Okay…but, did you seriously make 71 consecutive loops!!? I don’t think I could stand there that long.

Yes, I wanted to see it get up to 500 million a loop. I blame the 72nd miss on not having pinmonk’s fans haha

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spamming the right ramp super trains got him more than 1.1 billion alone. He just kept hitting that ramp, building the value of that shot. He was up to 104 Million per shot before he missed and the shot reset.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1219013286?t=00h03m12s
He said he got 8 billion before but hasn't been able to repeat it.

My 71 loops ended at 12 billion for super train with 500+ million per shot at the end

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:24bil? Uhh.. something is wrong with your game dude. You should probably look for some switches registering unexpectedly

Agreed. Right ramp is the super for bridge mb. Probably stuck. Super train is where the points are at the moment.

#3799 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's crazy. I would have a much easier time spamming the right ramp without missing than the loop without missing, though.
Seems like sk8ball will make a qualifying shot somewhere else or something to continue the train every 10 shots or something so these can't be abused like this.

It was the right ramp, it is just called a loop in super trains.

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Sure looks like a code exploit to me, aka Earthshaker.

No more than looping supers on GB. sk8ball just needs to put a fixed timer on it. I was able to resurrect mine by hitting the ramp again after about a second after the mode turned off. Keep in mind the ball was on the ramp the entire time during my loop streak which was probably 4 minutes worth of ramps.

3 weeks later
#5095 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The Godzilla power ups that’d e mentioned all over the screen aren’t implemented yet, a handful of minor characters on the playfield art are nowhere to be found and as you mentioned the Oxygen Destroyer is currently MIA.
.85 added a lot of cool stuff (most importantly the Wallop function…now that lane serves a purpose), I can’t wait to see what they add from here.
This is a long shot, but it’d be cool for some call out variation similar to AFM when you travel city to city. Could we get some over the top English/French call outs (maybe one female announcer for one of the cities?).
The current announcer is fine for a majority of it, but it wouldn’t hurt to have more variety and remind you what city you’re in.

There’s a “dirty pool” callout for Shatzing the inlane to collect a saucer. Kind of an AFM homage via TAF.

1 month later
#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just had a breakout game @ 1.3B and finished all modes except the first tier 2 mode. The 3rd tier 2 mode, the Fight or Flee one, is really lucrative, I kept it going a while and cashed out 250M, plus a destruction JP afterward for 100M.
It has dawned on me that the tier 2 battles are very similar in rule structure to Crank It Up modes from Metallica…take a while to qualify them, but offer enormous points if you do well in them.
I’m excited to watch the code develop on this game. It’s a really exciting layout and fun to shoot, even with code this unfinished.

The first tier 2 battle is potentially worth the most. Try that one next time

#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Here is a raw unpainted version, old vs new. You can see that the tower over all is way beefier and the coils have added product to support them far better then before with minimal take away from the original design. The glue points for the arms also have been changed, before the area was open like the tower, I have closed this area off toake for maximum adhesion.
Eyeamred2u has hit a good point, failure rate / percentage. Though I would love it to be 0 that's really not a feasible goal, Anything under 5% I feel is very respectable and that's where we are with the Towers.
With all the changes I hope that the new failure rate will be less.
Tom D
[quoted image][quoted image]

For those of us who purchased your original towers but haven’t installed them, can we return them for the stronger towers? I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee for the exchange.

#7225 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Nah, just be like me and have a faulty opto that you don't realize is faulty until you find out from the online community that your 25 billion score is... unlikely. HEHE

Ah yes, the “all the scoring is in bridge multiball” guy. Your intent was good though. You still had to get through the first two stages to collect those opto supers though. Credit for that!

#7403 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

They are definitely not listed anywhere else.
Told my distributor to put me down for side armor and shooter rod.

It’s on game exchange

2 weeks later
#7893 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:If you paid over $10,500 you got fleeced… I would go MSRP on a premium and just wait it out.

You can easily get 13k for a used LE right now. If anything over 10.5 is fleeced, then call me a sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaa!

3 weeks later
#8788 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I just watched the most recent IE Pinball YouTube video where Karl got 12 billion. Can someone explain to me how the destruction jackpot works on the current code. I know that you get +1x for controlling each city and can also get +1x from other achievements like a certain number of jet fighters. Are these rules documented anywhere?
Also, more specifically, he got a super jackpot in tank multiball and then entered Godzilla multiball and had a roving tank insert for that multiball and for the rest of the game that was between 20 and 30 million in annihilation bonuses. How does this annihilation bonus system work?

I’ll start with tank mb. That roving tank shot starts out at 2% of the value of your tank mb. Let’s say you scored 100 million in the mb. Every tank shot is now worth two million for the rest of the ball. Every time you collect the destruction jackpot, you increase this percentage by 1 percent for the rest of the game. So, if you collected 2 DJ’s on that same ball you got 100 million in tank mb, you would get 4 million a tank. There are two others inserts that work like this, bridge and Tesla. Tesla is the same base 2% except it’s only your Tesla strike total. Bridge is the exactly like tank where the value is set by the multiball, except it’s base starts at 4%. So 100 mil bridge mb with two destruction jackpots would be six million every time you hit the captive ball when lit (triggered by number of switches). The value of any (or all) of three will reset when you drain (think default is 20 million)

Here’s where is gets real fun. Let’s say you started tank and bridge on the same ball. You have collected 2 destruction jackpots so your roving tank is worth 4% of the mb value and bridge is worth 6%. You got 100 million in each. When you hit the pulsing tank shot, you get 8 million a tank because you started bridge mb on the same ball. Your bridge collect is worth 12 million because you started tank mb on the same ball. If you manage to complete Tesla strike on the same ball, everything is worth 3X! Each tank becomes 12 million, each bridge 18 million. In addition to destruction jackpots, controlling Tokyo will increase the base percentage as well.

The value of a collect is given to you upfront as well as put in a bank for you to collect as the carnage value when you change cities. Similar to
CIU in MET. Each collect shot on the same ball you collect the carnage value on, adds a multiplier to its total value. Collecting all inserts (including the raid insert for beating the monster) adds another multiplier for a max of 5x.

You can get massive collects the more destruction jackpots you collect in the game. Every collect increases the base percentage of those 3 by 1% the entire game. Collect 8 and now each tank is 10% of your mb score, each spot target 10% of your Tesla strike total, and each bridge collect 12% of your mb. The scores can get ridiculous late in the game. I had one tank collect at 160 million. This is the genius of the rule set. It is so tempting to keep collecting those annihilation bonuses if you had a great tank or bridge mb… especially on the same ball. Let me know if you need any further detail.

3 weeks later
#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like other Elwin games, you just have to make shots it seems and good things will happen.
Watch Karl’s game. I believe by the end he was getting DJPs with like an 8x multiplier.
I don’t think there’s any sort of billion point shot or anything in this, so it’s more about doing well in everything so that later the stuff is worth way more.

You can certainly get a billion point DJ shot late in the game. You need to pass on the light three ally’s and take the destruction jackpot 2X. Then it’s just a matter of getting rodan and making the shot.

2 weeks later
#10170 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a killer game last night. Played for over an hour, and Godzilla controlled all cities. First time at Planet X. Loved the animations! Only got past the Tank battles before losing Planet X. Then as mentioned above, there was really nothing to do in the cities.

Got to go bigger on the carnage bonus . Late game annihilation bonuses can be huge. I had bridge at a 12% per collect which was really 36% with the other two running. 85 million per collect which is easy to light in mb.

1 week later
#10370 1 year ago
Quoted from sushko:

Just wanted to show off Steve's work from MI Pinball Refinery. I am so happy with the results.
Thanks Steve for your awesome work.

I was thinking about doing this. Color match looks great. How much were you in for with shipping?

#10371 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

So....I just pulled glass to confirm. Once the spinner lights go out, there is a 1-2 second pause before the mech turns. If you go up the ramp during that pause, it will score a super jackpot. Its actually exactly what happens in the first deadflip video you linked to. In the second...it waited the like 2 seconds then turned.

That is the trick. Stage a ball on the lower left flipper and wait for the spinner buildup round to end. As soon as it goes out, shoot the mecha spinner to collect the super. He could kill that off in code by deactivating the tail whip lane if the mecha spinner was hit first. Maybe something just for competition install.

I get the super 8/10 with this strategy.

#10411 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just tried playing again. At some point, it starts running the score, and then the ramps light purple for Train mode, and the shaker goes absolutely insane and you have to power down the game to stop it.
Any ideas???

I am by no means mechanical, but it seems your left ramp switch is stuck. Super trains starts after collecting 5 trains. You wouldn’t trigger it till hitting the scoop five times or the manila shot. In super trains, left ramp is the jackpot collect and the shaker goes off.

#10422 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I have gone into test, but how do I find out what switches are not functioning properly?
From what I can tell, you have to push each switch, and then it displays on screen.
I recall Whitestar games having a grid, and any boxes that appeared indicated an active switch, making it easy to determine what I wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Check the post I made right after your original post. It’s either your left ramp or right ramp switch. I’m almost positive it’s your left because the shaker doesn’t go off in super trains from the right ramp. Another easy way… when you start a game, is the yellow light near the left ramp on or off? I’m guessing it is off because you are getting phantom registers.

#10424 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm actually wondering if it's the right ramp... When mine were screwy, that's how I ended up that 300 billion score thinking that it was from bridge attack multiball. But it could totally be the left.
WizardsCastle My guess is that the shaking of NORMAL play is triggering one of the ramp optos (as it did with mine), and once the shaker motor starts celebrating, the vibration trigger the optos even more, compounding the problem endlessly.
A few of us have had issues with the right ramp optos doing this... I think red_rabbit was the most recent...
btw, when you enter the switch matrix, rather than switch test, go to "active switches" and use the left & right coin door buttons to see the rest of the switch screens... It's not just the one screen that you have visible. You can scroll left and right to see the other screens full of more switches in the matrix, and that will also show you the status of the ramp optos.

Yea, I remember a few people with the right ramp issues. That was before the train jackpot collect code update. The right ramp shouldn’t trigger the shaker though. That’s why I think it is the left ramp.

1 week later
#10596 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

His pinside shop has been down for some time now.

I’ll text him. Looking forward to my set as well.

#10597 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Steve from Pinball Refinery did my Godzilla Premium in a green with a silver flake. The pictures don’t do it justice. When you walk by the machine it sparkles. Lol. Steve does amazing work![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Either that game on the left gets no play or you’re a skinny guy . That LOTR plating looks incredible. Never cared for the game which should qualify my compliment further.

#10651 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

I'm sure it isn't just me so this is mostly just to commiserate together but my GZ Premium outlanes are the hungriest things I've ever seen. I picked up JP and DP after my GZ and I find myself playing them more because I feel like I don't have as many frustrating drains in them due to that damn pop bumper just blazing the ball to the outlanes. Love the code and updates that have come but man do the drains frustrate me more than other pins.

If you think GZ bad, then you should avoid AIQ.

3 weeks later
#11378 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I totally agree. JP is a real bastard on that left outlane for me, thankfully there is a ball saver in the game.

You should almost always hit the outlane save target after you go through the spinner. It’s worth the risk of draining out the right side after contact.

1 week later
#11509 1 year ago

This is my second favorite pin (slight behind JP). I own an LE and despite having seven other games, this is the only one I have played over the last six months. My personality is the type that I dive deep into a topic and nothing else will grab my attention until I master it.

What am I getting at? I have seen so many posts about people enjoying this game but not really understanding the rules or strategy to put up good scores. Here’s the point of my post.

I will be visiting the twitch chromecandy stream next week. If there is enough interest, then I will stream a tutorial on GZ for beginners, intermediate, and advanced players. I know a version of this has been done by other streamers, but it is usually based on the viewer having a decent understanding of the scoring. I’ve always enjoyed explaining complicated concepts in understandable terms. This game (like most things in life) is way more fun if you have the right information to make strategic choices.

If there is interest in this, then I would be happy to do it. If not, then I will have some fun with the 20 other games he has.

#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Count me in! Would also like to see you do this on JP too!

I don’t know if he has JP anymore. He was borrowing it from James. If he does then we’ll do it.

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Yes please! Can/will you save it (VOD) for later viewing? Just want to make sure I get to see it
thanks!

Yes, I’ll have him set it up like that. Will probably do it live next Friday morning. I will create a new post with particulars. Thank you all for the feedback. Looking forward to it.

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Thanks SimpleSkin - Printed.
Just will look for tutorials/videos/explanation on how to actually activate the bridge collapsing

Watch next Friday. I’ll even show a nice little strat to get into a second round of supers.

#11561 1 year ago

The tutorial post has been created. Feel free to post any specific questions you would like answered during the stream.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more#post-6986278

#11742 1 year ago

18 hours until tomorrow’s GZ tutorial on the chromecandy twitch! A few of you may have caught our stream a couple of hours ago. Check out his VOD for massive GZ mb, almost 500 mil King Ghidorah, and a decent explanation of the annihilation bonus. The goal of the stream is to make a billion points reachable for most skill levels. I may start a bit earlier than 10:00 AM eastern, but I’ll recap any strategies and explanations throughout the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

#11785 1 year ago

We have updated the code on GZ for tomorrow’s stream. I like the flipper cancel on video and oxygen destroyer sounds cool. Wish he would put a status screen for annihilation percentages… but we’ll just be doing some quick math instead haha.

#11807 1 year ago

We are now live with the Godzilla tutorial. Don’t be shy, ask questions.

#11834 1 year ago

Tutorial is up to watch on-demand. Starts with a nice terror build-up and cash out. Highlights include a 700+ million carnage collect and a 270 million bridge mb. The latter gave me the opportunity to show why you focus on jackpots in GZ mb or the second tier 2 battle. I’ll do another one tomorrow morning around 9 eastern if there is enough interest.

#11864 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

The stream was great. Highly recommended! After watching, I doubled my prior high score.
I won't be able to watch live, but would definitely watch afterward if you decide to do it.
Thanks again.

Love to hear that response. Congrats on the double score!

#11910 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Will this be converted over to YouTube at some point? Much easier to book mark vs Twitch

I’ll ask him to do so. We may be doing another tutorial tomorrow morning around 9 am.

#11911 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

If I’m battling ebirah and get the building multiball, the right spinner rotates out of the way (on the premium). Is there a way to beat ebirah while in the multiball?

You’ll need to hit all three of those standups to spin it around for the add a ball and ebriah spinner.

#11920 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Excellent. Thanks.
Is there a recommendation on which battle to choose if you have two balls locked and are about to start the multiball?

The answer to your question is titanosaurus for two reasons. First, you know where all five shots are to finish the mode. Three of those shots you will hit just by flailing (1st and 2nd standup, magna post). Use your heat ray to take out the third standup near the loop. Now your ally is lit. Get it on Rodan and hit the scoop. Skill drain (if you still have ball save) to get a ball trapped on the right to hit the maser cannon. You might hit the maser randomly off the sling. Now shoot the magna post. If you took the 5x level 2 power up (which you should always), you’re coming out at 300 million. Second reason is those standups on the right add value (1 million per hit) to the titanosaurus shots. You’re trying to hit all three of those standups anyway for the add a ball in GZ or to progress in mecha mb.

Megalon is the second best choice because the shots are random if you are trying to get all seven at max value. To really make megalon worth it, you need to get to 4x which requires you to hit the lit shot four times without him hiding. It seems like he appears on the left spinner at least a couple of times during the wave of seven. This is the hardest shot in the game and good luck hitting from a flail on the right flipper. Same issues with the left ramp. It is so far up the playfield that you really need a controlled shot to get there. You also need 4 shots to get to your ally instead of three. The one bonus of playing megalon is the switches are building up the value of the shot. It does have the highest cash out value of the two, but you have to play it perfect. Even for someone like Elwin, he would average a higher value on titanosaurus in mb then megalon.

#11922 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

What are the "must choose" powerups to take for every level, in your opinion?

I don’t have the list in front of me so one of those may be off. It’s situational but I would say…

Jet fighters or mecha level 1 (there are others.. never take the bonus haha)

Level 2 5x
Level 3 - DJ extra 3 seconds. These are too important to miss. Getting an extra shot or two at it is huge.
Level 4 - Terror if you have the choice - way more value on average than monster zero. Latest code update did better to adjust this but I think it needs further boost to the jackpot wave.
Level 5 - Rage combo. Again, very valuable to get those extra seconds. Three shots for first ally, four for second and all five for third. Get all five for a big point payoff.
Level 6 - Spinner (neither award is great)
Level 7 - This one is interesting. Most would take plus 15 seconds on Rodan. 2X magna grab can be worth a lot late in the game. When you hit the lit magna grab, you get points at the bottom of the screen. I have seen this get up to 60 million on a late stage game of mine.
Level 8 - Monster Zero
Level 9 - Light all ally’s. This is the easiest choice especially if you have a DJ lit at the building. You will get double value once you put it back into the scoop for Rodan. I would only do 2X if I needed that DJ to beat someone or I already had a couple of ally’s lit.
Level 10 - imposter is the one to take because first is ally. I believe second increases annihilation percent by 1.

I’ll probably just post to the tutorial post and people can asking questions specific to strategy there. Such a great game!

#11933 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree with most of these.
Interesting thought on magna. I defaulted to rodan because haven't paid attention to magna. Didn't even know what qualified it (until just looking at the wiki now). That said, I have seen some high values on it in the past. And it can be multiplied by rodan. And it's there until you collect it and pays off once you do. Not like starting rodan sometime and draining out before 75 seconds have passed. You might be onto something here.

It’s even better than that for the magna grab. I believe the points are tied to activating the switch, not the post grabbing the ball. The post grabs my ball 50% of the time at best. You need to hit it directly to increase that percentage, but I usually get a poor swing to get a shot at the imposter. You also see the magna insert lit during tank where the post is not grabbing the ball after hitting the post. I think you are scoring that value there as well. If you are at level 7, the that value will be very decent at that time.

How often did you need just 15 more seconds for a massive Rodan cash out? If your answer is often then take it. If it isn’t or you tend to lose the ball before the timer expires, take the 2X magna. The goal of my tutorial was just to get people to a billion points. The strategy is different for people looking to get 3, 5, 7, or 10 billion. My goal is to get 10 billion with no eb and a tight tilt. I have got close but not quite there yet.

#11936 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

How the heck do I select a new city after defeating two kiaju? Do I have to complete the tier two mode it throws at me? I just want Todo planet x

You need to play the tier 2 modes in the other cities. If you don’t like them, then just get out really quick.

#11938 1 year ago

? Can you choose a different city when a tier two starts? Didn't see anything

No, you need to play the tier 2 first. If you want to get out of each to reach Planet X, then here is what you do:

King G - This is my favorite to play. You only need to finish one of the five lit shots before the scoop lights to collect the value. Easiest would be the building. First shot is green, second yellow, and red third. Shoot the scoop to end it.

Tier 2 mb mode - Forget the characters but it is the second choice. It’s a mb so just keep draining until you have one ball left on a trapped flipper.

Third Tier 2 - This is a switch hit and collect mode. If you have chromecandy juiced spinners, should only take one rip of the heat ray or mecha spinner. If you have mine or most routed games, you’re looking at two to three rips. Shoot the red building shot to flee and end the mode.

This is the safest way to Planet X, but don’t miss out on these modes if you aren’t playing for Planet X. Check out last Friday’s chromecandy stream for an almost perfect king G with Rodan stack for almost half a billion!

#11941 1 year ago

Okay thank you for the reply so are you saying that after the tier 2 modes being completed you get to go back to the tier 1 monsters and select cities?

Yes, you’ll be able to change cites, light the scoop with the ramps, and take on another tier 1 monster. It confuses people because Tokyo only has the one tier 1 monster. Every other city has two tiers to play before advancing. Plenty of times where I had a massive carnage collect but I had to play the tier 2 first. Lost over a billion a few times by getting greedy during the tier 2 stage.

#12001 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Just got 4.7 Billion and it does not show up on isider, I was logged in

If it makes you feel better, I lost a 13 billion game similarly. Just do it again!

#12029 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's not a good feeling though, especially for a visiting guest who doesn't understand its 'by design' and they get excited about reaching the multiball only to go stdm. You also can get more shots with the ball saver up if they don't drain right away...
On mine if i hit the flippers at just the right time i can save 1-3 of the, but usually at least 1 goes down, which bothers me. Think I'll install the mod, since it's not reaching its 'intended design' anyway (since they don't usually ALL go stdm, at least for me)

Think of it this way, it’s the only mb that I know of in pinball that takes a level of skill to play it while a ball save in running.

Shake the machine a little during the drop or figure out what flipper they are close to and get a good single slap save in there. I usually can keep at least one ball going.

#12076 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

2 days into it and I broke the billion mark! This game has so much more to give. Love, love, loving it!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Check out this pinside topic for how to keep scoring more. I’ll be posting some quick strats soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

#12159 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think terror is supposed to be "harder" than zero to qualify, but it's cool the player has the option to try qualifying both for the L4 powerup.
Get a heat ray stored and use that to score the super. Mecha has a nice long ballsaver, use it to get quick jackpots in the beginning. Don't be afraid to skill-drain to keep the playfield clear of balls to make shooting jackpots easier while ballsave is active. Shoot the center spinner loop and hold the UL flipper up and the ball will often rebound into the mecha targets for those jackpot phases. You'll get it soon enough, no need for progress save IMHO.

I was going to write a section on this in my post. This advice is basically correct. Flailing around is only going to get you the center mecha jackpot and one or two mecha targets at best. The hardest one to get is left ramp. Get a ball trapped on the right when it starts. Let the other balls drain. Shoot the left ramp first and get the side mecha target like described above. Right ramp should be next followed by the target closet to the scoop. Then hit the center jackpot and the middle target. Once you reach this stage, you get a ball save to build up the jackpot. DON’T DO THIS if you are struggling to collect the super. Just get a ball trapped on the left flipper. Wait for the buildup stage to end. Shoot the mecha spinner for the single super and qualify terror.

I would not use the heat ray on the super unless I was running out of time or the ball was draining. I would use it on the left ramp. He should make it deterministic (take out the hardest shot to hit first) but I believe it is random. The only way to purposely use it on the left ramp is to have that be the only shot lit. That means taking out the other two first.

This is the awesome (or annoying) part of this game. Elwin is the last thing from a flailer. He wants you to hit purposeful accurate shots. Both the left ramp and right ramp are as far up the playfield as possible with steep angles (right) or tight entries (left ramp). You’ll get much higher scores the more controlled you play.

#12205 1 year ago

Is there a setting for Godzilla (or sterns) in general to change the behavior when a ball is missing from end the current ball to eject another into play?
This happens on some machines and not on others. On godzilla, it ends the ball. And this is what just happened to me when, like clockwork, the ball got stuck in the exact place we're discussing on my first game of the day and I decided to sit there through the ball searches to see what would happen.

It’s the “chase ball” option in the settings. If it loses a ball, then it will serve another ball.

#12241 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

So I've had my gz premium for a couple weeks now. I've got the playfield set so the bubble on the right is getting about 25 percent cut off from the middle so a little higher than the bubble being in the middle.
When I have the godzilla multi ball lit, it's about a 50/50 chance that the ball actually goes all the way in to get kicked up to the roof and actually locked. The other times it goes in the building and gets lost somewhere.... it engages the ballsave, the building raises and lowers, and it will kick the ball out when the building is lowering causing it to go through the building instead of locking...
A game last night had that happen 4 times in a row...
Is there something I need to adjust somewhere to get more consistent ball locks? Or do I need to lower the back and get the bubble closer to the center of the level?
I've played this game in public places a d the ball lock seems to work every time comparatively.
Thanks

I second this, although it doesn’t happen as often.

#12382 1 year ago

Shoutout to Flaco for coming by tonight and sorting out my center spinner problem and maybe a couple other niggling issues. Set three new "champion" scores on the first game after. Leaderboards can start getting nervous if we sort out the remaining problems.
I'll post some of our findings tomorrow for people who have been dealing with similar problems to check.

I like the confidence of this statement. Leaderboards have no way to record tilt settings. Seems like some people are playing without a tilt altogether…. Or a very loose one. I usually take my score and multiply it by 2 since I put a pinburgh tilt on my machine. Maybe that should be a category!

#12392 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I tilted twice in my 4.3B game over the weekend!
I'm starting to consistently hit 3B & 4B games - hoping to have a bust out game any day now where I can put up a 6B - 10+B!
I can feel it coming!

I’ve lost count on how many 1+ billion carnage bonuses I have lost by getting greedy for more. He needs a high score of shame for this. What’s that Tennyson quote… “Tis better to have a one billion carnage collect and lose, then to have never collected one at all!”

#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

HAHA - Deadpool has the "Tilt Champion"!
Last week I was in the second city on my first ball with all monitors completed and bonus growing. I had a decent Monster Zero going with the final 8X super jackpot lit... just needed to collect or at least stay alive and get out of the city... and I drained...
It went to junk from there and I never even made it out of the city.

That’s called going on tilt haha. This is what makes this game so good. You’re always trying to do “the thing”, and every collect makes you wonder if you could have done more.

#12398 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

How do you get them that high, is it just a matter of completing everything in the city then keep playing it longer instead of switching cities?
Thnx for the tips in advance

Check out this tutorial I did while visiting chrome candy. Start at the 32:00 mark. There’s a very good description and example of the annihilation and carnage bonus scoring. That is how you get the big scores in the game. I also started a post where I’m giving out all my strategies for the game… AND IT’S ALL FREE!

Pinside post: How to score a billion on GZ… and more!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more#post-6986278

One of three tutorial videos:

#12399 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

350+ plays on my Premium. Nothing higher than 500 million. I guess I suck afterfall. At least I don't feel like I suck and I enjoy every game. Even the 50 million point games. I guess I'll have to finally watch one of those videos that show you how to get 1 billion.

I would highly suggest you follow up on your last statement. The game is fun no matter what you are scoring… it is just more fun when get to that billion and beyond!

#12441 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I hate the upper flipper when magna grab drops ball on it. It almost feels like ball is dropped too far away from flipper.
I hit it up right ramp a lot with a weak shot and it drains SDTM!
Anyone else have this issue or has it been discussed previously???

THIS is the number 1 problem with GZ. On mine it will hold it fine, but at the last second will shift slightly to the right and make the loop nearly impossible to hit. I’m no engineer (toxicologist), but I feel that this could be fixed by changing either the strength or the pulse of the magnet. +1000 points for anyone who solves this problem. I have had multiple 10 billion + potential games ruined by not getting a consistent drop from the magnet where it isn’t at the tip of the flipper. First-world pinball player problems I know… but still!

#12446 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Is your magnet tight. Mine was loose from the factory, took an Allen wrench to the top bolt and have it a little snug...
Also, using PinMonks Tibetan Breeze fan on the magnet
Do you have any other power fluctuations going on in your room, ie multiple pins on one circuit, computers or high wattage items...
Lastly, reseat connectors and consider reflowing solder if it looks like it needs it

This all seems like sound advice. Unfortunately, I’m a way better player than I am a fixer of anything… but I think I could attempt your first suggestion. Thank you.

#12457 1 year ago

As promised, I have posted my jets strategy in the pinside post dedicated to helping everyone score a billion on GZ!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more/page/2#post-7018381

#12500 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Anyone know what lights the tail whip insert?

Shooting the loop.

#12561 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Another highly recommended GZ mod is Chrome Candy’s various metal parts. If you have the Prem/LE, the metal bridge parts are essential. These plastic parts have a tendency to crack on many machines, especially the covering over the Newton ball that the bridge bashes. Note: install of the bridge panels is one of the more invasive mods. You do a lot of disassembly and should be comfortable as such.
And I second the recommendation to put quiet-fans in the Stern Power supplies. I do this on all my Sterns. The original fan (apparently made by Pratt and Whitney?) is obnoxiously loud in a home environment.

Chromecandy mods are a must for the premium/LE. They have my full endorsement!

#12585 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Stern will replace it for free under warranty.

Contact twenty84 for his stainless steel version. Looks great on the machine and won’t break either. Or keep breaking the plastic stern one…

1 week later
#12982 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I just got a Godzilla Premium a month ago. First stern. I like it a lot. How does the JP Premium compare? Worth getting if it comes up?

The two best pinball machines made IMO.

#13009 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Yes I figured I shot at the building when in doubt but I probably drained while frantically looking for the insert or like you said I could've had something else running but I'll get it next time with this knowledge I appreciate it!

You qualify it by getting the super in GZ mb. You still need to get to the level 4 power up and collect. it at the scoop. Did you select “light monster zero” for your level 4 power up? If not, then that is why you didn’t see anything on the playfield.

#13043 1 year ago

The pro is better than the overwhelming majority of pinball machines ever made.

+100 to this take.

#13192 1 year ago

Played a quick game on new code. I like the adjustments especially monster status before you change cities.

#13357 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Hey all! I installed the tournament button in Godzilla and am in a life and death match against my husband. Currently the pot is up to $41.50.
I haven’t followed the code updates super closely as I’ve installed them.
What is your current strategy to get a good high score? I’ve been sucking lately, and the code changes make just going through cities much harder.

Start this video at 32:00. I go through how to play and score in GZ

#13603 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I get the concept of hitting both flippers. But is the ball supposed to be swinging on the magnet? It just sits there for me on it.

Nick, I had the same issue with most copies of GZ. Ben’s (chromecandy) worked better and James’s was great. Fixing/adjusting pinball machines isn’t my thing… I just play them. I believe some of the issue is tied to the ball guide for the left ramp. It needs to be tight to the magna post. If your guide is sticking out a bit, then try to adjust it. There are posts within this thread that give a step-by-step.

1 week later
#14008 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Could someone please recommend Premium/LE bridge mod options?
Thanks.

twenty84 makes a great mod for premium bridge, building, and mecha. Highly recommended. It’s posted in the pinside market.

#14216 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to see a video of this. It’s literally impossible on the dozens of examples I’ve played. You’re shots must be CRAWLING around the loop. Or maybe they are getting held up by something back there and dropping it down to the flipper nice and clean each go like the rush loop?

Watch stone on the batcave video. Does exactly that… hits something at the top of the loop and slows down almost every time.

#14311 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Thanks for the opinions so far. My 3 numbers are 50m, 250m+, 1b+. I had a fluke amazing game of 2.3b but never have been close to repeating it. Must have ate my Wheeties that morning. I went deep into the game and was just completing modes all over.

Fun question

1. < 1 billion
2. 1 - 5 billion
3. >10 billion

Trying to see how long I can keep my 1 bil average on pro and LE tables. Bound to come to an end at some point.
B156A666-B9F6-4BD4-9990-B8AD54598AFB (resized).pngB156A666-B9F6-4BD4-9990-B8AD54598AFB (resized).png

1 week later
#14569 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Its when you are collecting a train most likely. From tilt forums.
Prem / LE) Why does the bridge randomly fall apart sometimes?
The bridge activation isn’t random - there are certain times during a game when it activates, so look out when it happens. The bridge activates whenever you collect a Train Award, and when you score the Train Jackpot during Super Train Loops. It also activates at the start of Bridge Attack Multiball and when the Bridge Super Jackpot is lit during that multiball. The game should divert balls that exit the broken bridge to the Magna-Grab, though sometimes they can bounce right off the upper flipper and towards the bumper.

The bridge collapses when you satisfy the mb criteria, collect a train award, or collect the bridge super. It is not random (although that might be fun haha). First bridge award is +2 Godzilla power up followed by super train at 5, DJX at 10, then alternates between big points and +2 power ups every 5 after.

#14693 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Two kaiju battles and you'll break it without much trouble. Try to get your carnage multiplier up before switching cities by lighting the inserts before moving. I hit 1 bil about a week in by a fluke but I managed to get a 5x carnage multiplier without knowing how.

Check this video out starting at 32:00. All about annihilation and carnage bonus. I go into detail on both.

1 week later
#14871 1 year ago

Part 1 of the “How to get to Planet X” strategy has been released. Now that you have your billion point score, let’s take you to Planet X! Link is below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more/page/4#post-7142483

#14872 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to survive the whole mode. It’s very long. And no shots during that work you towards anything else in the game.
Starts on the left ramp and goes around all the major shots on the playfield. They are all on a 10-15 second timer. Very hard to survive to the end of that mode.

I disagree! You can start Tesla before starting rampage and it will carryover. As for surviving, I agree it can be challenging. If the goal is to survive, then right ramp ski jump is the technique to use. If the ski jump is hard, then right ramp to left ramp. If you miss, then be slightly early and clip the magna post on the left. Ignore the left spinner shot on rampage if you want to survive.

#14901 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

This video is great! Deep dive into Annihilation Bonus. Do not switch Cities. This is were the big points are. He gets a 707 Million Carnage Bonus

Thank you. Will be back out there in November to record a few more. Hopefully with 1.0 code!

#15125 1 year ago

Part 2 of my how to get to Planet X strategy has been released. Planet X even more critical with the latest 1.0 update and KOTM! Check it out here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more/page/4#post-7155600

#15167 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

If the game ends after KOTM, how do you get the “ultra final wizard mode”?

Need to finish Planet X victory mode. Extremely difficult to do. You only get one shot at it anyway, so I like that he ends the game after KOTM.

#15241 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Chrome Candy metal parts.[quoted image][quoted image]

I second this. His full metal package is a nice touch.

#15256 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl celebrated like Planet of the Apes when he got to 10/10 secret combos while streaming Godzilla tonight:
https://clips.twitch.tv/OddCallousMeerkatTTours--zNPcQhi-smoccwn
He finished King of the Monsters:
[quoted image]
EDIT: Then he finished Monster Island Madness and beat the game...
[quoted image]

Keith built in the secret combos achievement because finishing Planet X victory mode (part of qualifying the ultimate wizard mode) is extremely difficult. That wizard achievement is still out there to get on stream.

1 week later
#15536 1 year ago

Surprise! Two in the past few posts. I bet there are more.

I own all four. Maiden is the most accessible to the pinball population. You don’t have to be a great player to feel like you accomplished something. Godzilla is right behind it, but the left ramp is a tight shot to be tied to a mode start. JP is really fun, but tough to make shots except for the top tier players. AIQ is the easiest shooter but the code is too deep for most to enjoy. My preference order

JP
GZ
IMDN
AIQ

I only put AIQ fourth because my marvel ramp has never worked properly (even with the “fix”) which annoys me as a player (I’m not a fixer). I love the code with AIQ, but I also enjoy deep code and especially setting up “the thing” on any game. My collector friends who don’t play tournaments (or do casually) will put IMDN or GZ as #1.

#15537 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Got my first BILLION tonight with my kid cheering me on the whole time. Great fckn game.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Check out this page for some tips and explanations.

2 weeks later
#16215 1 year ago

Brand new tutorials for GZ will be stream live this week on the chromecandy twitch account. Whether you are new to the game, or a top tournament player, there will be tips for everyone to improve their score. Will post official dates when known.

https://m.twitch.tv/chromecandypinball

#16384 1 year ago

We are setting the GZ tutorial stream date for this Saturday. I will highlight important changes from older code get a full run down of the game including my tournament strategies. Stream will go live at 9:30 AM eastern. Here’s a link to the original tutorial and the Chromecandy’s twitch stream.

Original Tutorial (0.97 code)

Channel for live tutorial
https://m.twitch.tv/chromecandypinball

#16389 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Looking forward to it Jim!! I've watched your others numerous times and always glean some good info. I do have a question for you though.......what determines what X amount the carnage bonus is at when you leave a city?

For the multiplier, it is based on how many of the four inserts you have played on that ball. 1X for each and a bonus 1X if you do all four. The points value is based upon how well you collected each carnage bonus for tank, Tesla, and bridge. Your total DJ value determines city bonus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beyndtstng.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.