PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider archimandrite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5410 2 years ago

My Godzilla Pro arrived today. When the coin door is closed, it will not operate. The interlock switch has to be in the extended position. I've been emailing with Stern support but I think they may have wrapped up for the day. Any thoughts?

#5417 2 years ago

I reversed the wires and the problem was resolved. I put the glass back on and now it says "48 v disabled. Close coin door or pull interlock switch to restore power."

#5421 2 years ago

The coin door wasn't depressing the switch enough. I taped a washer to the contact plate and I'm good now.

My first Stern game. Interesting...

#5486 2 years ago

Code update instructions say to unzip the file. My file is .spk.zip.part. I can deal with .zip, but I don't know what to do here. It sure doesn't seem to be good as is.

#5489 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

.part (short for partial) means that was an incomplete download. Try again.
If you're having trouble with lost or slow connections, you might want to try a download manager that can pick up where a download connection was lost (so you don't have to start over), or make multiple connections to speed up downloads.

Thanks, got it now. It definitely doesn't behave the way it says in the Read Me.

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Move the speech and the music to -4 in the advanced settings. Roar sounds better there.

Do you mean the attenuation settings? Is there a listing of all the adjustments anywhere? I can only find the standard adjustments.

#6052 2 years ago

I just installed the Pinball Life shaker. Instead of causing vibration, the way my other shakers do, I get a very loud machine gun rat-a-tat-tat effect. You're very conscious of something operating inside the cabinet vs. the entire machine shaking, as is intended. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

#6054 2 years ago

Thanks. I'll try it out.

#6057 2 years ago

Thanks to all. In good shape with the shaker now.

#6074 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What was the problem?

Post #6052.

#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I think people wanted to know what you did to resolve your issues with the shaker

Posts 6055 and 6056.

1 month later
#8352 2 years ago

Is there anywhere I can print out the menus? The manual has only Standard Adjustments and I'm tired of scrolling.

#8415 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Stern stopped including them around 2008-2009 (?) when shipping games with very incomplete or barely functional code (hello, Batman '66) meant printed manuals with the menus would be wrong as soon as the first code update shipped. Plus, less work for them means less money spent and more coin in the investor's portfolio.

I get the point about Stern not printing them, but I'm mystified about not posting them online.

1 month later
#9427 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Build date March 21, 2022 GZ Pro in the house! What a gorgeous pin. Finally have my ideal small line up. GZ, Rush LE and AIQ Prem.
I am installing a full playfield protector on the virgin GZ tomorrow. Should be easy. Just remove the ramps and a few side plastics. Lays right on.
Next install shaker motor. Bamboo Jet led Mod. Titan rubbers. Mirror blades on order. Better than art imo. 6 inch Neca Artic GZ figure ordered. Sling mylar on shooter lane.
The sound is surprisingly OK. How do I convert the speakers to Stern LE Kenmore's? Her is a picture of my rush Le bb speaker. I want a cheaper speaker upgrade. Not into external sub. Pyle 8 inch Sub?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did your lift table come like that, or did you have to modify the handle?

#9583 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I bought this from harbor freight in 2010. Guy in Tampa cut and welded swivel sockets. Then slid some pipe over it. Works great. I did have to replace the wheels recently they disintegrated.

Thanks. You quite a ways from Tampa!

1 week later
#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just installed green armor on my premium.
Huge thanks to Steve at Pinball Refinery for doing the amazing powder coating job on this!
These pics below are under the regular dim lighting in my pinball room.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
These pics are under bright lighting from my LED tri pod light.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you buy the banners?

#9941 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I bought them from Great American Pinball here in Illinois but I’m local and I go there in person.
Good luck getting a hold of them on the phone they don’t pick up or call you back. Just had this conversation with another pinsider.
Most dealers can order them.
Try Hemisphere amusement, Cointaker
Or Tilt amusements.
Good luck

Thanks.

1 month later
#11046 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

For folks who haven't made it out to the Pinball Palace, it's truly a world-class pinball destination. I met Nick last week on a trip driving from Orlando to South Carolina, and got to check out their really impressive lineup (close to 100 games, including tons of LEs/premiums), and can't say enough about the place. Will be definitely be back, and soon. If you are in the area, it's worth a trip.
Mike

Totally concur.

#11048 1 year ago

I can't get the update to work on my Pro. This is at least my fourth update, using a flash drive, and the first time I've had a problem. The update menu appears, but every time I hit Select I get "Insert USB memory stick". The 000 and 001 files are 1,953,125 kb and the 002 file is 1,957,946 kb.

#11065 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sounds like your USB is not formatted as FAT32. You may need to download a free utility to format it to FAT32.

Thanks, but that wasn't it. My flash drive showed that it was FAT 32 formatted, but I reformatted it, reloaded the files and got the same result.

I skipped the previous update. Could that be the issue?

#11073 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Thanks, but that wasn't it. My flash drive showed that it was FAT 32 formatted, but I reformatted it, reloaded the files and got the same result.

I bought a new flash drive. Same result. Do I have the right file sizes

I bought a new flash drive. It still won't update. Do I have the right file sizes? The 000 and 001 files are 1,953,125 kb and the 002 file is 1,957,946 kb.

#11075 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

downloaded the update for the Pro. 000 and 001 looks right. 002 is showing this for me: 1257946kb. Was that 9 a typo?

D'oh. Yes. To circle back to my original post, the update menu appears, but every time I hit Select I get "Insert USB memory stick".

#11082 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I know you've done it before, but dotting 'i's' and crossing 't's'.....files in the root of the flash drive and not in a folder (not sure how the messages respond if you do have a drive inserted but cant find the files)? Tried different USB ports?

Thanks. I think I've got all that covered. I thought I would try doing the 0.94 upgrade to eliminate one variable, but I can't find the code. Anyone?

#11091 1 year ago

Thanks. So, it's not the code. This version doesn't work either. It doesn't seem to be the flash drive; I've used two and reformatted both before loading the files. I'm starting to get nervous that it's my game hardware.

I'll have to do some studying before I can try mstang01's suggestion in post #11088.

#11112 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:I can't get the update to work on my Pro. This is at least my fourth update, using a flash drive, and the first time I've had a problem. The update menu appears, but every time I hit Select I get "Insert USB memory stick". The 000 and 001 files are 1,953,125 kb and the 002 file is 1,957,946 kb.

It looks like my circuit board is bad. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-update-stern-code-got-129-but-recognises-code-on-memory-stick Apparently this is an uncommon issue. I'll take it up with Stern. Thanks to all who responded.

1 month later
#12999 1 year ago

It looks like my circuit board is bad. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-update-stern-code-got-129-but-recognises-code-on-memory-stick Apparently this is an uncommon issue. I'll take it up with Stern. Thanks to all who responded.

The situation was (and is) that my game works but will not update.

On May 31 Stern agreed to replace my CPU board. Then a slow grind began between Stern and my distributor. Finally, on June 28, Stern issued a warranty replacement order for a new CPU. That’s where things stand now, a month later. Stern service keeps telling me I’ll hear from their parts department, but it never happens.

#13004 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

if node boards are the production bottleneck as some expect, why would any node boards make their way to the parts dept for a game thats already sold, when it could go into a new $8000 machine??

Perhaps, but you'd think they would say so. The limited communication I've received hasn't mentioned any delays or parts shortages.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider archimandrite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=archimandrite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.