PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4487 2 years ago

Does Stern have official side art blades available for the Pro/Prem yet?

#4517 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Hmm. Took a quick couple videos of how my Mom's game sounds. It's worse on 8ohm.
Thoughts?

Check your cabinet speaker, too. Mine is blown out of the box. More prominent above level 14 or so.

#4530 2 years ago

Is that far right power line target hittable from the lower flippers?

I always struggle with that one during one of the battles!

#4557 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I put some pyramids in mine.

Interesting. I’d like to replace my speakers but don’t really need anything fancy. These Stern speakers are laughably cheap, especially on a Premium.

For these SPIKE 2 machines, would finding some generic 8-ohm speakers (like pyramids) suffice? Any other specs to look for?

#4591 2 years ago

While the game has “flow” shots, it’s hard to consider it a flow game, IMO. There’s lots of stop and go with the magnet and scoop.

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've never seen a Stern Pro or Premium with 8 ohm speakers.
I generally change out the speakers to the following and they are a drop in replacement for Pro/Premium and sound much better. I also use an external Sub. Adjust settings to your liking. I generally increase the Bass gain for the cabinet and keep the cabinet speaker set at 8 ohms as it gives more 'boost' at lower volumes.
Pyle PL412BK, 4" 4 Ohm 2-Way Speakers
amazon.com link »
Skar Audio FSX8-4 8" 350 Watt 4 Ohm Pro Audio Midrange Loudspeaker
amazon.com link »

Good info.

What interface are you using for your external sub? Speaker level or an adapter?

I haven't looked at speaker settings yet. Can you set the impedance differently between the backbox speakers and the cabinet speakers?

#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Your opinion many would say your comment is ridiculous.

I can understand people trying to justify the lower model, but the Premium/LE is the better machine. I remember going Pro on other pins before and regretted it. Glad I went Premium on this title!

#4712 2 years ago

Are official Stern art blades coming?

#4917 2 years ago

Is this the bank people are referring to?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4953 2 years ago

Pretty sure this is who is doing the callouts....

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#4968 2 years ago

What's the general consensus on the Megalon battle?

That one feels significantly harder than the other three to me. By the time I find the shot (in sometime a mess of colors and arrows), line it up, it's already moved to another random (?) spot. It's kind of a waste of a battle, in my opinion.

#5044 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I just used some high quality acrylic from Joanne's for the greens. Had some cheap blue paints that I used for the back fins. It stuck for the most part. I was going to spray with Krylon fusion for a base but I didn't want to hand paint the eyes, mouth or claws. I kept them original.
I have a ton of the green paint left. Probably could of gotten away with not buying the dark green. Did a base coat with the Chromium Oxide Green. Then I did some dry brushing with the Green Gold around the high spots of chest, head, arms, etc. Used the dark green to accentuate some of the shadowing in the chest, under the armpits and under the head/neck area. Then I mixed some bright yellow with the Green Gold and dry brushed some additional high spots to give it more dimension. Basically you start dark and work your way up to brighter. Some times you want the paint the be wet like when you are blending shades. Sometimes you want it dry like when you dry brush highlights.
Going to see what it looks like when completely dry. If it looks too shiny, I think I have a can of dulling matte spray I might hit it with. But I think I am done. Came out better than I expected considering it was only an hour of my time.[quoted image]

I'm planning on trying this out.

Can you explain what "dry brushing" is?

#5118 2 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

My brother is still too scared to pull the glass lol

I've had a couple airballs from MG that land on the ramp.

Your brother's is in for a tough ride if he can't handle super simple stuff like that. Owning pinball requires a very basic level of DIY.

#5153 2 years ago

Stern should be ashamed with the speakers they put in the Premium. Half decent speakers aren’t that expensive.

801A0B49-73CA-4D29-9F60-CC261361A5E0 (resized).jpeg801A0B49-73CA-4D29-9F60-CC261361A5E0 (resized).jpeg

#5157 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i bought a new set of speakers and the light kit to try on one of my premiums, but then I saw you needed to solder. Is it basically just heat up the weld, remove wires and then reheat with new solder on new speaker wires?

Ideally, you’d have some flux but you can do without.

Heat up the solder joint with the solder iron, removes the wires, then do it all in reverse. Adding solder can sometimes help the old solder “liquify”. Be patient and take your time. Sometimes, it takes awhile for the joint to heat up. Easy peasy.

#5197 2 years ago
Quoted from ShootTheRamp:

I have a Premium coming some day soon, hopefully. Does the speaker upgrade make a real noticeable difference?

The reason I swapped out speakers is because I was getting an awful "paper speaker" distortion or rattling noise out of the originals. The cabinet speaker was the worst, but the backbox had it too.

The new speakers eliminated the noise. The highs are definitely more prominent. I think it sounds better, but it's not a huge upgrade. I'm still playing with the settings to get it all tuned the way I want it.

Most people go with the Kenwoods that are found in the LE. These Pyle PL53BL were about $23 for a pair on Parts Express. Good value.

I think the cabinet speaker was more of a significant improvement. I went with the Goldwood GW-8024. $39 on Parts Express.

#5350 2 years ago

Here's some decent 4" speakers for $20 a pair. I have them in my TWD. The tweeters stick out a small amount, so you'll need to offset them with a nut or two.

https://www.parts-express.com/Pyle-PL42BL-Blue-Label-4-Coaxial-Speaker-Pair-267-078

#5519 2 years ago

For those folks that have the bank mod, what tool are you using to trim Godzilla’s elbow?

If you painted him, what did you do about the back spikes? Some of the inside areas of the spikes look tough to reach.

71D9E9C8-234C-4CAA-90E0-D7828444F74F (resized).jpeg71D9E9C8-234C-4CAA-90E0-D7828444F74F (resized).jpeg

#5571 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I just painted mine yesterday. Literally used a chop saw as if he were a 2x4… ha. Worked fine.
Pretty pleased with it…thinking HARD about running a small blue led into top of his mouth… im not 100% sold on the blue tongue but it matches the artwork. Looks good when lit by the spotlight. Gonna finish with a spray of semi gloss clear tomorrow.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome. We’ll done!

#5602 2 years ago

For the bank Godzilla mod, how are you securing him to the plastic?

The fasteners look hard to reach after he’s in.

#5647 2 years ago

My bank.

F3A336E3-B59D-4317-A76B-0E54CC28C26A (resized).jpegF3A336E3-B59D-4317-A76B-0E54CC28C26A (resized).jpeg

#5775 2 years ago

Installed Titan rubbers and side blades today. Looks great.

2304680F-4840-4BD4-99DD-578AB8DD5A36 (resized).jpeg2304680F-4840-4BD4-99DD-578AB8DD5A36 (resized).jpeg

16909EEE-64DB-495B-9976-C89648E22F76 (resized).jpeg16909EEE-64DB-495B-9976-C89648E22F76 (resized).jpeg

#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are the flipper toppers from wiz? They look pretty nice.

Side blades and flipper toppers, yes.

#5825 2 years ago

Maybe I got lucky, but I have very few cheap drains on my Premium.

The loop shot left of the building occasionally finds it way SDTM, but it's usually returned through ball save.

Right ramp return sometimes SDTM middle, too, but that's pinball.

#5836 2 years ago

What’s with the third callout guy? You very rarely hear him, but the voice quality sounds like it was recorded on a cell phone. “We love you, Godzilla” was one of the callouts. They’re cringey and don’t really seem to fit.

Is this from one of the film dubs, or is it some inside joke at Stern?

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Signal says 66 in network menu. I know I beat and completed all 8 shots on Gigan Also got the Godzilla triple jackpot in that last game and didn’t register but the score did.

You actually need Godzilla triple SUPER jackpot for the achievement, which is very hard. The other Godzilla jackpot achievement is 5x jackpot.

I've had a couple games where I wasn't signed in after previously being signed in on the games before. Maybe that was it?

#5937 2 years ago

Any speculation on what Godzilla Power Ups will eventually do?

Also, this game needs something to help differentiate the cities. They’re pretty much all the same right now.

#6125 2 years ago

Naphtha, carnauba wax, then Wizard’s.

Makes the playfield beautiful and SUPER fast. Almost too fast.

Wizard’s works for a quick touch up on its own.

#6360 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I love when people make mods to fix “problems” that dont exist.
This reminds me of the stupid center post for GB

My playfield if very carefully leveled, and it’s common for two or three of the balls to drain off the building.

It doesn’t bother me a ton, but I hate seeing other people experience disappointment on their first Godzilla multiball. $50 is worth it. The mod looks good, too.

It’s certainly not a cheat or even close to adding a center post to GB.

#6554 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Another Aussie here, stoked to join the club
Im confident that KME's GZ will live up to the hype. Looking forward to getting it set up and dialled in.
I have followed this thread on and off and checked topic index.
What it the consensus with new rubber color scheme ? Clears ? or color code with art ?
Thanks [quoted image]

I did a mix of red and light blue Titans. There’s a yellow post in the picture that I have since replaced with light blue.

F713EDE1-DAFB-4CAD-999F-A0AA0AE9952D (resized).jpegF713EDE1-DAFB-4CAD-999F-A0AA0AE9952D (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#11352 1 year ago

My aftermarket backbox speakers pop/crackle only during Godzilla Multiball on the heavy guitar riffs. It sounds bad. I have standoffs of good length on my speakers, so I know they are not interfering with the grill.

If I play the same song in the jukebox mode at a higher volume, no pop/crackle. Weird.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it something in the game audio?

#11357 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What EQ filter are you running? The DIY thread on sound has a good screenshot of EQ settings that I used with my 4" Kicker replacements and no pops or distortion static
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/15#post-6942232
I used the EQ's but left both my Ohm's at 8 setting and wound up using the Fade at default 0...

There was some EQ speaker info in this thread from months ago that I used. The juke box must use a different EQ?

I’ll play with the bass setting.

4 months later
#16015 1 year ago

So, the plastic under the bridge on my Premium broke due to the bridge slamming into it.

Has anyone had success getting a replacement from Stern or your distributor?

6 months later
#20919 11 months ago

Added some Pin Stadiums to Godzilla. Looks great, but the flasher is a little over powering.

Does anyone know how to reduce the brightness of the UV flasher?

#20921 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I don’t think you can adjust that at all. I only use the UV on MBR and JJPOTC I don’t use it on any of my other games as I actually don’t like it.

That’s a shame. Seems like that would be a good feature. I like the effect - it’s just overwhelming.

#20927 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Which Stadiums did you get? On the neo fusions less is more. R G B flashers and GI no UV used on my setup.

I got the Neo Fusions second hand. Wanted them for Elvira originally, but it's not good for a game like that where the darkness is part of the theme.

I don't think Godzilla necessarily needs Pin Stadiums, but they do show off the excellent playfield artwork.

I'll likely disconnect the UV flasher and just stick with the RGB lighting. I have it set on a cool white with some light blue.

#20931 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It looks like you have a trough light or are using a flash or something???

Godzilla has lighting behind the flippers.

This game certainly doesn't need Pin Stadiums. It wasn't my first choice, but it looks damn good with them.

#20981 11 months ago

Rules question.

Originally, you needed to shoot both ramps to qualify a Kaiju battle. I noticed in a couple games that it qualified without hitting both ramps. Was there a rule change in an update?

#20983 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yes. The first time, any two ramp shots will work, even if it's the same ramp twice, and I think that was a change in an update.
The maser cannon can also light Kaiju Battle as a mystery award.
Besides that, I think I've also seen Kaiju Battle light on doing enough damage to the building, the first time only. Though not 100% sure.

Thanks. Now, if I could only hit that scoop shot more often....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.