Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajoelson579.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Looks like the LE run is finished and Stern has moved on to the Premium Godzilla.
I still have not heard from my Distributer on my LE. Anyone else still waiting on call from their distributor?

Me too. Although I am feeling a bit impatient I understand there is a lot of going on with shipping delays these days. Hopefully we will see it this week or next

#1376 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Me too. The distro I ordered through said he paid in full the first day the LEs were available, which is supposed to give you priority treatment, but perhaps because he's a small/new outfit they bumped him (and me) to the end of the line.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ffab1b8bc9c51c16f96811f7c23b507f4e3a7db6-1635817986-1800"};
//]]>

Guessing we’re ordering from the same new dealer. I’m getting the other LE he is getting.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I assume so, yep. Funny, I was going to reach out to you about this based on something I saw you say elsewhere. Hoping we have a shipping notice by the end of the week!

My birthday was last week. Was hoping for a birthday miracle. Either way, I feel fortunate to have been able to snag one of these. Hopefully ours land in great condition!

#1522 2 years ago

LE arriving Friday here. Might not be able to get it until the weekend though. Can’t wait!

#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Same here. I'm rescheduling my work now to have Friday afternoon off to pick up, set up, and play the shit out of it. I look forward to every new pin that comes through the door but I'm especially stoked for this one.
Speaking of picking up, I assume there's no harm in putting boxed pins on their backs? The "truck this side" side being the back, of course. I don't really want to unbox it at the distro. Normally my NIBs have come upright in box trucks, but I don't remember anything about them that would make this an issue. Heads are strapped down, balls and loose hardware are in the coinbox which is pinned to the coinbox clip, manuals/certificate are bagged and stapled to the inside wall, etc.

I’m going to need to get it delivered. Plus I’m fighting off what I hope is a cold, so I might have to wait an extra couple days. Hoping it doesn’t work out that way. I’m super excited!

#1852 2 years ago

LE #580 in the house! Tim from Pixels and Pinball was kind enough to deliver and set it up! Naturally I insisted he joins the inaugural game!

1394D746-FDD0-42FA-AACE-41A5277E478E (resized).jpeg1394D746-FDD0-42FA-AACE-41A5277E478E (resized).jpeg
#1859 2 years ago

2 questions.

#1 how strong should the upper flipper be? I know people talked about this earlier but is there a consensus? Should we be able to hit the ramp with it easily?

#2 How does Ebirah battle Godzilla in Paris? I mean, it’s a giant lobster right? Does somebody fly it in? Does it swim up the Sené?

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Ebirah can go on land. The original promotional photo's from 'Ebirah, Horror of the Deep' show it battling Godzilla on land. However, Ebirah ends up battling Godzilla only in the water in both of their battles in the movie. Ebirah, looking a bit different, shows up again in 'Godzilla: Final Wars' in the Millennium era of Godzilla (1999-2004) and battles mutant humans and Godzilla on land in Tokyo (photo below). Ebirah also battles on land in the comics.
Ebirah was actually intended to be a giant shrimp but ended up being a hybrid of a shrimp and a lobster. Godzilla was substituted for King Kong in 'Ebirah, Horror of the Deep' (AKA Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster) when the original co-production deal fell through. The island setting with island girl (Kong's love interest!), island natives, Giant Condor in the movie are all reminiscent of the King Kong original. In addition, Godzilla is woken up with electricity, a power up for the Toho version of King Kong. Ebirah, along with the Giant Condor, would be Godzilla's easiest foes to defeat in the Showa era (except for Kamacuras) as they were not intended to be opponents for him and they have no abilities which enable them to hurt Godzilla.[quoted image]

I get that I can go on land. It’s just a long way for a lobster/shrimp to walk. The other cities just make a lot more sense.

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I apologize if I'm sounding like a super geek, which I know I am, but Ebirah travelling a long way across land can easily be explained as well. The Xiliens, as shown in 'Invasion of the Astro Monster' can transport Godzilla and Rodan (See below) and bring them across the solar system to Planet X. In addition, in 'Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)', they pick up monsters and transport them in that movie as well. I haven't yet gotten into the game so I don't know if that was Stern's intention or they were just taking creative license. But it can be assumed that that's how Ebirah gets to Paris.
If just so happens that this issue can be explained. In many of the Godzilla movies, there are enormous gaps in logic. Just go watch 'Godzilla vs. Megalon' and you can see an entire movie that is absent of logic.[quoted image]

Ah ha! Now that makes sense. However, I can’t just get the image of somebody grabbing a lobster with some tongs and letting it sit on the counter out of my head. Albeit a very big lobster…

#1963 2 years ago

Anybody here having squeaky shaker motor issues? My LE sounds kind of squeaky / noisy. Is there an easy fix for this?

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I have noticed this on mine the past couple days…haven’t tracked down the source.

It’s Definitely coming from the shaker motor area on mine.

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I also have a squeaky LE when the shaker is running.
The other thing I've noticed is that the back end of the playfield has a lot of play in it compared to my other Sterns I've owned. Worried its loose or something. I'm not sure how it connects to the playfield.

My distributor told me that Stern recommended that I drop some three in one oil into where the counterweight meets the motor’s casing. I did this and it seems to have improved significantly. Still makes a little bit of squeak / grind noise though.

Reading through all of the posts of the modifications people have had to make just to make their games play as they should plus other general QC issues, I count myself pretty lucky.

As an electronics manufacturer myself, I understand the plight of sourcing components and assembling a consistent product, especially this day in age. That said, in reading all of the posts here, it seems most people are dealing with at least one or two QC issues. That seems kind of worrisome considering the price tag of these things. I for one was not thrilled about having to open up the shaker motor and try to drop a oil in there without making a mess on my new $11,000 pinball machine. I feel bad complaining about it considering what I’m reading about others.

My complaints aside, it is really a wonderful game though.

1 week later
#3247 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm sure it's a combination of shortages and chips/boards are a large part of it. But doing molded custom parts and ramps, etc locally is much more expensive than crating them in from Asia, and the setup is the most expensive phase, so they're unlikely to start over locally on stuff they've already paid for the setup overseas.
Essentially when they have all the parts available to build a machine, that machine is a go for the line. Some of the line scheduling is done with the assumption that parts scheduled to arrive for a specific build come in as expected. When that doesn't happen that build gets bumped. It's likely an ongoing, major headache.
But I just saw on the news that the port congestion may have peaked a week ago as new regulations about how long a container can sit on the docks kicked in. Shipping prices are down 10-20% now from their 10x inflated peak, too. So we might see improvement in the next month or two if those downward trends continue towards normal.

My company manufactures electronics. Many of the components that we use are in short supply or completely unobtainable. I know that this is the same for pretty much anybody that is making any electronic items at the moment. Of course the shipping issue as bad as well. It takes at least six weeks to get on the boat now. It used to take basically two…. The port congestion is improving but we aren’t seeing huge changes in pricing yet.

Additionally, most of the components we use have been going up in cost. The energy crisis in China plus the increase demand has really messed with pricing of everything.

All that said, I’m really impressed at these guys are pumping out all of the pinball machines they are. My company has products that we completed development of over a year ago that we still can’t get on a production line due to component shortages…

3 weeks later
#4763 2 years ago

I’m a bit confused as to what the ohm setting should be for Godzilla LE. I hadn’t changed anything however, the settings that it came with seemed not to be what should be the default ones. Anyone know what it really should be? Thanks!

#4812 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The internet says there's .85 Godzilla code but my insider connected internet connected machine thinks it's up to date at .81. Commencing immediate impatient freakout!

Ditto

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajoelson579.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=ajoelson579 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.