PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12322 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

it was here who recommended switching the pop bumper body for a transparent one...

EDIT: I was not prepared for the run on these bodies and an now out of stock on the modern bodies in clear. I'll need to order replacments from Germany in a few weeks; for now I have removed clear as a color option.

I was trying to figure out why I was selling a few of single pop bumper bodies, skirts, and bases in clear and then why I had a customer ask me by email. I now know.

For those whom are ordering via the link above; you want the modern body, the skirt, and the clear base.
Many are forgetting the clear base; you can see the white base if you don't replace it. Example from another game:
example white baseexample white base

#12407 1 year ago

Loose Coin boxes... on a premium or LE?
Geebus; a new cost cutting low for Stern.
I'd be pissed if my coinbox was banging around inside my LE.

#12411 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Marcos sells a nice little tool, but you can also use a credit card or similar.

As does PBL:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0162-00
I'm sure pinball resource sells them too.

#12447 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

You need to VERY carefully shorten the actuator on the clear bumper skirt.

I've never had anyone in years of supplying these skirts ever tell me they were too long.

I just went to the garage and checked; and these are spot on the correct size for Gottlieb and williams.
I checked against some unknown white repos and they were indeed a bit long. Mine looks like they may be a 0.02inches longer.
Weird. Personally; I'd just adjust the switch gap as I have the tool and it different isn't that much.

#12450 1 year ago

It's not fair to measure from top to bottom like that. The mating surface is the flat part of the skirt.
That said; the difference is between the bottom of the skirt and the tip. I'm guessing the difference is much less than 0.07inches.

It's really immaterial at this point. The mold is made and parts are bought. No changing it at this point given the costs involved.
As I stated; it's been this way for years (on my product) - so not a wide spread problem at this point.

#12452 1 year ago

Confirmed 1/16inch or 0.064 inches longer as compared to a unknown white skirt I procured (probably from pinball life) years ago.
Weirdly; my original MonsterBash had orange Gottlieb skirts in it and my skirts match them identically. I'm guessing that the previous owner put in Gottlieb skirts because he was able to get them in opaque orange.

These really have been used interchangeably for years; but, I can tell you with certainty that I will not be modifying our mold to make these shorter. That would be cost prohibitive and just not worth it for 1/16th of an inch. Even Pinball Life lists the same skirt as interchangeable for Gottlieb; stern, Jersey Jack, etc.

If someone reads this and feels 0.064inch is "critical"; I wish them luck finding clear skirts the right size. I'm sure eventually; someone will copy my design because that's what happens.

#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

There is also a clear base, if Marcos doesn't have it, Zitt does

Afaik, I'm the only one that produces the bases in color. I also beat Marcos pricing.
That said, I understand the desire to order everything from one place.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/PopBumper.php

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can/should I order now and then receive later? Or just wait to order?

NO
As a matter of policy; I don't allow backorders. The reasons are obvious... But mainly I don't like holding peoples money.
Please hold your order until I have stock.
I can manually add people to the stick notification list for clear... But you'll need to contact me via pm or email with your email address

#12651 1 year ago

expect to order the clear pop bodies later tonight... with luck I'll have them mid-next week.

Added 21 months ago:

Expect to have stock of the clear bodies sometime on Thursday 7/28 barring no unforeseen delay by FedEx.

#12754 1 year ago

zomg. so "stern" complicated the trough boards so they aren't simple Optos.
And they appear to have used the stupid use an red LED as phototransistor trick.
Unsure how adding a microcontroller to a trough board does anything to reduce cost. What it does is lock customers to non-repairable boards that have to be ordered at the factory ... so much for your #righttorepair.

#12854 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Cleaning the play field realized there was no mylar at the Magna grab. Seems like of all the places on the playfield, this should be one of them. There is however a small patch to the left of the magnet at the entrance to the left ramp. Has anyone added mylar to Magna grab or think it's a good idea to put some there?
[quoted image]

I'd be willing to give it a shot. The problem is I do not have access to a game to design one.
For the PF right? not the grab itself, correct?

#12863 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Correct for the playfied. The ball gets a lot of repeated rolling back and forth in that arc, and I am not that excited about freehand cutting one. It would be nice and I think well recieved to have one made.

Can you put some tracing paper down and scan the keyline on your game?
If you can, can scan, and send it to me; I can do an initial mockup.

#12947 1 year ago

Clear Pop Bumper bodies are back in stock.
For GZ; it's my understanding you'd need a single body, base, and skirt in clear.

Goto:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/PopBumperCFG?modern

select "Modern" as a pop type
select "Clear" as the color
leave number of pops as 1
and deselect the PopCap (14) as most people won't need a clear popcap.

Then click "Add Selected Items to Cart" button under the parts list.

Pop Bumper ConfiguratorPop Bumper Configurator

Note: I do not sell the GZ specific popcap nor do I sell the flying saucer mod some people seem to have. For those; I'm sure they've been discussed ad-nauseum in this thread.

#12949 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Placed my order yesterday!

I gave everyone on the "notify me" list a 24hour head start.
Some went out today; many more will be packed tonight after dinner.

#12974 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep it's a 3 d printed holder underneath the balls. No glue. I think it came from shapeways.

I think Titan Pinball also sells the holder. Or at least they had some at TPF this year.

9 months later
#20997 11 months ago

Exactly what you need is discussed earlier in this thread... or maybe a different thread. Regardless; I've documented it here:
https://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=910
for prosperity and organic search engine visibility.

#21035 11 months ago

All clear pop sets ordered yesterday are at the post office and on the way to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.