gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TroyS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15669 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

https://nitropinball.com/products/stern-shaker-motor-spike-spike-2-systems
shaker motor is nicely integrated into the gameplay. I recommend one. Nitro pinball has them in stock.

Second that, shaker is great with GZ.

#15793 1 year ago

Installing now, can’t wait to play a game.

#15811 1 year ago

One thing I found with the patch is for the first battle you can shoot two of any ramps to light the battle. But both lights, back yellow, stay on until you get two. Issue is you don’t know how many you got done until they go off and battle comes on. Issue for those of us in leagues and comp play it’s good to know how many of each you have done to time things. Minor but I noticed right off the bat. They should make one go out then the other. Just an idea….

#15820 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

If one goes out it'll confuse the player who will think it's the old rule: must shoot both ramps to qualify, and they'll avoid the now unlit ramp even though it's still active.
Maybe have both lamps blink after one is made?

YES I like your idea of solid on none, blink on one, and off on two. I might submit a code fix ticket. I will see him at the expo too.

#15830 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

The kids will be pleased to see new code as it means all the scores are reset and they have a chance to get their names in again! lol

All scores should have been saved during the upgrade.

#15832 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

I should have said...
My method has always been to build a new SDcard image.
1. in case anything went wrong I have a backup
2. the wifi performance seems woefully bad.
3. initial attempts to find a spare usb drive were problematic.
I might try and find a USB drive this time though as I have a pretty good Hedorah high score that I doubt I will get again!

Ahh that makes sense. There is a setting that after 2000 games the scores reset. Family loved it and me I had to post scores again. Yeah, since I have it set to NO. I do thou have a white board for weekly high scores in the pin room.

1 week later
#16116 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Just received notice that my machine has shipped! On replacing the stock balls, are there preferred balls for a GZ Premium, or for games with magnets? I like ninja balls, but my recollection is they don't work with games that use magnets.
Also, do you guys swap rubbers immediately? I like Titans but was considering using the stock ones for a bit. I can't decide whether to immediately swap out the flipper rubbers.

I say play the heck out of it and replace balls and rubbers when needed. So after 500 games at least. You know, the first few weekends….

#16230 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I was playing today and killed Ebirah in Tokyo and then went to London. But whilst (ha, get it?) I was there I couldn't light Kaiju again. Just 2 ramps and then scoop, right?

In a new city it’s back to the original rules, one right and one left ramp. And just fyi in a new city you can’t battle one from a past city.

#16268 1 year ago

Am I seeing this right, Godzilla has lost the top spot in the TOP 100?

Say it’s not so…..

1 week later
#16646 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Mine does not do that. If I get a ball stuck and pull the glass and let it drain, it gets put back into play when I close the coin door. It will eject into the shooter lane and auto plunge.

I would think if you open the coin door in ply you should loose the current ball. If not people could open it to just have a forever game. Just thinking

#16660 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Here are pics from my Avengers that may show the Lexan L brackets better. I left the L bracket for the drop targets in too long.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These ideas are great! I will add them to my next Comet order.

#16686 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Fresh powder just got back from Steve at Pinball Refinery. Lots of blue in the art and of course Godzilla’s heat Ray… so I went with a Illusion Blueberry with chameleon sapphire topcoat.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are some lookers for sure!

#16765 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Finally saw the gold dust everyone was warned about with the coil stops. Now, how do I found out which one needs replacing? Is it definitely one/both of the flippers? The gold dust seemed to be at/north of the cabinet speaker, slightly more left of center overall. But in removing the left flipper coil, I didn't see any gold dust in there.
There are also the two larger coils near the center, but the stops are part of a much larger metal bracket on each side. (hopefully not those?)

You can tell which one it is because the little nipple part will be loose.

#16766 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

My plastic above the magnasave broke. Anyone know where to get a replacement?

Pinballlife.com $9.95

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-godzilla-premiumle-magna-grab-plastic.html

#16771 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just received a bunch of Godzilla related figures from Japan
Thinking I might put these on a shelf near the game![quoted image]

Great collection

#16854 1 year ago

Got the new code in and put down a record game (not due to code) and found the new lighting effects awesome.

#16886 1 year ago

Does anyone have a picture of where i can hook the flasher pinstatium clips to?

#17003 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

You could try it without either to start; you just add wiring to your existing cabinet speaker connectors. Some machines even have empty spade connectors on the cab speaker already, you just clip onto those with spade connector or you could alligator clip onto the terminals and run to subwoofer that way.
Otherwise I think the either of the two adapters you mentioned will work.

I went with the chip the plugs. Always wondered what Stern means on the flyer when they said Spike 2 systems have a sub line out. I have yet to find this sub line plug.

#17036 1 year ago

Has anyone seen where a new flash to a class 10 SD fixed any slowness issues?

#17216 1 year ago

To help with a reference shot mine shoots great and how mine looks right now. Hope it helps.

C1DD12EF-FD7C-4EDA-853F-6D952C573B20 (resized).jpegC1DD12EF-FD7C-4EDA-853F-6D952C573B20 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#21388 10 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

Was it ever in stock sterns website?

No

#21640 10 months ago

I was really hoping this was going to be my first Stern topper. I will wait for Foo Foghters and hope it’s not the same.

2 weeks later
#22288 10 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Stern charging that much (for that thing) and not even release the code for it after people waited 2,5 years is unbelievable. Can't everybody see which finger Stern is holding up to us customers?

I was thinking the same thing with the code delay. Seems all quite on the code front. With a SAFe release cycle is supposed to be continual release. Foo is at 2 months and GZ topper code is really late.

#22349 10 months ago

Topper-gate.

BFE2D44C-8E4B-4897-B425-37471B1217D5 (resized).jpegBFE2D44C-8E4B-4897-B425-37471B1217D5 (resized).jpeg
#22352 10 months ago

During game play now just a few lights but mostly dark during a game now. No other issue here with game play.

Real bummer.

For those that have yet to upgrade, DON’T.

#22366 10 months ago

I sent a big report to Stern and reached out to a cantact. Hope we get 1.6.5 tomorrow!

#22413 10 months ago

Updating to 1.07.0 stand by….

#22422 10 months ago

Now hear this! 1.07.0 appears to be GOOD!

Topper is killing it in attract mode and our new mode is there. Thanks Stern!

99F2F34B-9DA9-4F78-B9D4-EABEBAFA1DF5 (resized).jpeg99F2F34B-9DA9-4F78-B9D4-EABEBAFA1DF5 (resized).jpeg
#22426 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I didnt load 1.06 should I skip it and just load 1.07 ?

Yes. 1.06 is not even available for download, just 1.07.

#22457 10 months ago

MOD DROP

I got your Godzilla PRO Building toppers ready to go! Go with GODZILLA and GO GODZILLA or make a statement, be unique and get your name on the building!

Best news yet from now till Sunday Night for Father's Day FREE Shipping for the Building Topper: FATHERSDAY2023

Checkout my store
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08783-godzilla-pro-building-roof-topper-mod

6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#22459 10 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is there a contest yet for who has the most Godzilla on their game?

Ahhh but you can get Mattyk on your game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TroyS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=TroyS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.