PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5466 2 years ago

Broke down and bought a preorder for the Premium, due in August. The game looks too damned good. That leaves me with UltramanLE, CCRLE and GZPrem this year. WTF pinball world???

#5589 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Increasing steepness does not always make the game harder. In fact going too steep can make the game alot easier

It does on almost all games I've owned. Sensitive slings don't suddenly lose their ability to drain the ball. Speed kills!

Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yeah, I have a hard time enjoying Godzilla because I can’t stop thinking about how few wires and boards and solenoids are under the playfield.

Nothing wrong with a little criticism for stern. I think we deserve a light show in the blackbox, a knocker, a quality PSU, and through-hole transistors for the price. But I'll overpay for Elwin's insanely good designs. *Sigh*

#5599 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

who the hell wants bright backboxes anyway? I set all my backbox light to 10% when playing. Cuts down on glare. You do NOT want a lit up backbox when you are trying to play.

Every 90s machine I own has great lightshows in the backbox. Hasn't affected gameplay yet... Maybe I'm missing all this glare that everyone hates. A few darker games might get it bad I guess.

#5663 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Definitely wasn't noticeable like that. I will say that as I examine the machine when cleaning there are a lot of different plastics and other parts that have wiggle room in them and aren't aligned how you'd expect them to be.
Bummer that this isn't a common thing with an easy fix because I'm pretty much on my own here and this is my first pin.

Commercial grade double sided tape. 5 min job.

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I can give it a shot with my regular double sided tape. But even if I had commercial grade, how do I get the tape into place?

It looks like you can go metal on metal there. Clean both sides with alcohol and gently pull it wider to set the tape in there.

Can you lift it over the back rail? It doesn't look like it even needs to be out front.

Don't have the game yet, so I can only go by the pic.

2 weeks later
#6416 2 years ago

They'll should have installed a lockup sensor on the building mech. I think the sdtm is a pretty lame "fix." Physical mb locks should release the ball to the player. Otherwise, what's the point?

2 weeks later
#7215 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

a question to all the Godzilla premium/Le lovers...
I have an Iron maiden LE and I have the chance to trade it for a Godzilla LE. What would you do?
Buying a new premium will take 6 months or more...

I agree with a few others. I'd never make that trade. I love Godzilla, but to me, maiden is the best designed playfield of all time. The nuanced comboing in the game is top-teir. GZ is no slouch either, but you can still buy it. Patience will pay off.

#7242 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

what a difference that godzilla makes...
[quoted image]

I puked up orange juice once afer a roller coaster ride.

#7381 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Upset about what? Mediocrity?
Successful companies progress and make their products better year-after-year, even with cost-cutting. Apple, Tesla, Samsung...I can go on. These were small companies at one time.
Why is Stern any different, especially at $9,000?

To be fair, stern has improved in many areas:

1. Code development and completeness @ delivery
2. LCD dev
3. Designers
4. Toys/wireforms, metal ramps (BOM)

1 week later
#7648 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've put a bunch of plays on the Pro, Premium, and LE before deciding and honestly prefer how the Pro plays and ended up adding one to my collection. Here are my reasons:
1. I prefer how the MechaGodzilla area plays on the Pro. I like having the spinner available all of the time and appreciate that it's a tighter shot. It's too easy to backhand on the Prem/LE and move it to the next stage. I also like how it always exits to the right and comes around clean on the Pro vs. The LE/Prem where sometimes it will come around the left side. I've also had issues with stuck balls both on the back of the rotating mech and behind MechaGodzillas arm on the Premium.
2. The whole building area just shoots cleaner on the Pro. The ball is rolling over the actual playfield vs. a layer of metal that moves. On the Prem it is more common to have the Wallop shot exit SDTM. I have also had issues with the building rejecting shots because it wasn't perfectly level or because the building was moving when you hit the shot. The Pro never rejects and never has issues with SDTM drains from Wallop.
3. I like not having to wait for balls to lock for MB and having to plunge a new ball. The Pro skips the virtual locks and goes straight into multi-ball. It's also frustrating on the Premium to have the balls all release SDTM. Yes there are mods to fix this but on the Pro you don't have to worry about it.
I do miss the moving bridge on the Premium but I know it can also cause damage to the plastic below it. The Premium I play on route has a busted plastic. On this Premium the MechaGodzilla figure also has the magnet protruding a good half inch out of its belly button. I'm not sure what the deal with that is.
I know one of the selling points of the Premium that got my attention is that the building can divert the ball to the other flipper but I don't think its a big difference maker to me and I don't miss the Looping trains mode on the Pro.
I'm sure if you have a Premium at home you can probably adjust and make modifications to help with some of the issues I mentioned. But to me I just feel like the Pro feels more solid (maybe because of fewer moving parts) and you don't have to screw with it as much to get it to play how I want it to play.
I think you would probably be happy either way but I know in my case I have zero regret in choosing Pro. It's one of the best machines I've ever owned and I've already put over 400 plays on it since getting it around Christmas. The other Sterns in my lineup are LE and Premium models so I'm not a guy that always prefers the Pro. In this case I do which surprised me since I was heavily favoring the Premium when the game was first announced. That's why it's important to play games before buying.

I respectfully disagree with every single point you've made. If there ever was a stern that just screams prem/LE, it's Godzilla. The pro is equivalent to previous premiums, so it's great, but if you have the cash, the full meal deal is the way to go on this one.

1 month later
#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Protects the investment. which GZ pro would u want to buy?

The one that I don't have to spend hours removing a playfield protector.

4 months later
#13651 1 year ago

I just use a microfiber cloth with 50/50 alcohol/h20 mix to clean the pf when I see grime building up. Takes 2 minutes. No need to wax most pins.

#13685 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

As the 4th NIB Stern I’ve bought I‘m a tad disappointed I had to futz around with it so much night 1. But its super fun.

If that's the worst you've faced in that many NIBs, consider yourself very, very lucky.

#13763 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

If someone walked up to your game and started shaking the crap out of it, you wouldn't be thinking its doing the game any good.

If you own an Elwin pin and do not shake the shit out of it every time you play it, you need to develop some anger management issues like the rest of us.

#13922 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Not to be pedantic, but a mil has always been 1/1000 of an inch. Never, anywhere, was the term "mil" associated with the term "mm".
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/mil

All the metric countries of the world would like a word with you.

It is a crossover term as it is definitely shorthand slang for millimetre.

#13932 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

There’s two kinds of countries in the world. Those that use the metric system. And those that put a man on the moon.

Lol.

#14173 1 year ago

Four those with pf alignment issues, I had pf sliding side to side on my IMDN, which screwed up the auto launch. Here's my fix:

1. Align your pf to where you want it.
2 find a screw that will barely thread into the bracket slot. It needs to be tight. Pretty sure mine has tight threading as well.
3. Tighten screw right next to bracket. Mine is on the left side of the left bracket. Your mileage may vary.

I've been running this setup (just one screw) for years. No pf movement, and the pf drops to the same spot each time.

#14274 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Has anyone had any luck adjusting the gate above the upper flipper to more reliably register magna grab imposter hits? Sucks when you get it over there but it doesn’t hit the gate quite hard enough to register. Should I adjust the gate or adjust the gate switch?

Most likely the switch or both.

#14409 1 year ago

I think both are fine. The splice with solder and heat tubing is A-OK by me. I've seen it many times before. If you know pins, you'll know what's going on if you end up with a similar machine. If done correctly, it's not really a point of failure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.