gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am sure the Pro is a great game. But I couldn’t own this machine without that building mech after having done so. The ball changing paths on every floor is just next-level good shit.

Agreed. I reached out to my distro and changed my order from a pro to a premium last week. Really looking forward to this one showing up soon. Ordered a speaker upgrade kit for it as well, first machine I’ve done that for in five or six years rather than just use a sub.

2 weeks later
#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Received my Tesla Towers mod from Diddy’s pinball mod’s.
This mod is a must have for Stern Godzilla.

I don’t see this mod for sale in their Pinside store. Do they have another website? I’ve not heard of them previously but those look incredible.

#2665 2 years ago

Do you feel that way for every game or is the shaker really well implemented in Godzilla? I ordered one last night for my premium whenever it arrives.

I got the Flipper Fidelity big 10 also. Anyone have feelings on that one?

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

Dude, in the same boat! First on the list for Godzilla (Premium) , found out yesterday my local distro is not getting any of their premiums machines till first run of (March-ish) 2022 and my Mando was pushed to June.

OMG, that is insane. I hope your distro is getting incorrect news. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles to get the call. This game stole the show at HAAG.

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Never owned a set of pin stadiums before but done properly it is amazing on this pin..

This game is so incredibly well lit, what do pinstadiums add to it? (I love pinstadiums on B/W machines by the way, I’m a fan of the product, just not sure what they would add to a well lit game).

What is that shooter rod you have? It looks awesome.

#2991 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

and add through lighting.

That is a great idea. Who is the best vendor to buy this from and what color through lighting looks best in this game?

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I mean… I can understand mild touch-ups in the name of sales, but WTF. Anybody that owns one is going to see how stupid that is right away. How is that possibly smart business?

That did that with GnR as well… I like the pinstadium product on my B/W games (that really need them) but games like GnR and Godzilla are incredibly bright. Im not sure how pinstadium is even able to find pictures when it’s so dim…they must wait till the game is doing a lighting effect when everything is off and snap it then.

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyG:

Ordered my Premium September 16th for a January delivery. Just informed I'm #%&* out of luck and allocations are cut and maybe I'll get one next August. Anyone else get the great news and how do they keep dropping new products when can't fulfill past orders. Yes, I get the whole supply chain issue but pros are still being run and available 1st quarter. I'm sure by next August there will be one or two additional releases also. Tad frustrated here and maybe some of you know way more then I do.

That sucks. This happened to me with Mando. Stern is losing customers to all this frustration. That said, the demand for Stern product is through the moon so they are likely fine losing a few customers…they view us as addicts that can’t really stay away anyway.

I think Rush is barely going to move any games, the LEa will of course sell out but overall I think itll sell worse than BK:SOR. This will allow Stern to catch up a bit but if they are really 12,500 orders backlogged as is being reported…

At least pinball is super healthy right now.

#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

and I hope to see Stern continue stepping up its game with groundbreaking new games like GZ.

Keith is the 800 pound gorilla designer. Whatever he does is incredible. Whenever he is up next I want whatever he is designing, almost regardless of the theme. I wish Stern would revisit some of their giant licenses they gave Ritchie like Game of Thrones and let Keith take a swing at them.

Quoted from manadams:

I don't think Stern is purposely not making enough games to meet demand, it's parts shortages plain and simple and that is not their fault. Trust me they are leaving money on the table not by choice.

I disagree. Every manufacturer wants to be in the position to control/limit their output. Stern is loving being able to jack up the price and sit on a 12,500 machine order backlog. They would keep this status forever if they could, it is adding to their FOMO.

People are saying distributors are hurting right now, I’m not sure if that is true or not. They sell everything the second it comes in. They aren’t having to fight on price, they are getting full MSRP or higher for inventory.

Quoted from awesome1:

Me too. I got bumped to second run. If I get bumped to third run, I'll have to explore my options, which unfortunately may mean I wait until August to get a Premium!

I texted my distro this morning. Has Stern pulled Godzilla off the line?

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The glass is made in the USA

Not their HD glass. That is made in Germany.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Ordered my premium on 11/1, joined the club yesterday.
Now just waiting on my powder coating from Pinball Refinery and my littles to give me a chance to play

Nice! Pinball Refinery is awesome. Glad to see them getting games to their customers so quickly after order.

Are the premiums still on the line at Stern? I’m waiting on the call from my distributor.

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Got my art blades from Wizard Mods today. Highly recommended. Very good quality. Took about 2 weeks to get them from Portugal.

I have their Mando kit and it’s amazing. Are they going to put together a full kit for Godzilla? Looks like they have most of it ready but haven’t made a full kit on their website yet.

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Not sure. I would buy from them again.

They need to advertise a bit. Their stuff is awesome but few know about their products. They could get a lot more sales with some promotion.

#3815 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am completely blown away by Diddys Tesla strike tower mod. I think it might be the nicest highest quality mod I’ve installed, and that includes Liors T. rex head. It totally completes that right area and integrates beautifully with the spinner. Just fantastic.

Glad to hear it as I ordered this mod a couple weeks ago and am super enthusiastic about receiving it. The photos look stunning. I’ve not been adding many mods to my games lately but this was one I just could not pass up.

Anyone doing a knock off Avenger’s shooter rod for this Godzilla? I saw frankmac ‘s installation of it and it goes perfect with this game…better even then on Avengers.

#3829 2 years ago

Just got the call, I’ll have my premium next week. Super pumped!

2 weeks later
#4627 2 years ago

So, what’s the feel on the best side rails and/or powder coat for Godzilla? Mando had those incredible rifle side rails, is Stern coming out with any special side rails for Godzilla premium? Any cool after market ones?

2 months later
#7916 2 years ago

Godzilla Premium owner here.

So, my one beef with this game after having it for a month is that the quality of the sound does not appear to be up to par with some other recent Stern releases (such as Stranger Things). I went ahead and upgraded the speakers to Flipper Fidelity but it didn't make much of a difference. My concern is that underlying quality of the sound and the highs and lows are a bit lacking.

Am I crazy, spoiled, a mixture of those two things or am I on to something that other owners feel is a concern? Anyone have any sound adjustment recommendations? Thanks!

#7922 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Garbage in garbage out as it were. Also it’s way better and cheaper just to get off the shelf speakers if considering flipper fidelity. Check out the diy audio thread. But I though the sound on this game is pretty solid. Didn’t notice a huge drop off from Stranger Things. Just the fact we actually have stereo sound now is good.

Well, usually I just do an external sub and call it a day. I have Flipper Fidelity in a few games and it helped my Star Trek out a ton...I love Godzilla (what an incredible game!) so I decided to go all out with FF speaker set... I think it is primarily the Godzilla roar not hitting the highs and the sound effects not hitting a big bass. I'm not an audio file but sound is important to me in pinball machines.

I'm wondering if it is a recording transfer issue or something on Sterns end that they can improve, maybe it is just unreasonable expectations on my side...always possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 210.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.