Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sheev_Palpatine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16208 1 year ago

Ordered a premium for the Oct build and I haven’t heard anything from the company I ordered from? I saw a on Oct 14th Stern posted the Godzilla Premium builds were on the line. The 28th of Oct stern posted they are making TMNT. The company I ordered from is in Chicago so they probably just go and pick up the pins from stern. I don’t know maybe they are waiting on a part or something but I’m getting kinda frustrated. Anyone else waiting on an Oct build?

#16213 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just got my October build on Thursday. I was told by my distributor that there are still 25 people on his list that won't get one this year.
I ordered in February.

Yeah that sucks. However on the website I purchased from this distributor stated he is guaranteed 5 in OCT and still says he has some available. So I’m confused and getting irritated with the lack of communication.

#16363 1 year ago

Reading all these problems is kinda making me nervous about getting this machine? I have owned 4 NIB machines and never experienced anything like what I am reading constantly here? A busted rubber or some lose screws is what I had to deal with on my other machines. But wow this machine seems very buggy; or can others say this machine isn’t a buggy nightmare?

#16367 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Far from a buggy nightmare, I've really had zero issues with our le. Well, had to level mecha a fraction of an inch , but that's it.

Well that’s refreshing. I know machines have some issues from time to time. But these are: I just setup my machine and are having some eyebrow raising concerns.

#16547 1 year ago

Just received an email stating my game is shipping out today!!!

#16553 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Congrats on Godzilla,You had me excited for a minute ,I thought I was in the Bond thread.

Hahah yeah I spend most of my time there lol! Can’t wait for that one too!!!

1 week later
#16805 1 year ago

Finally here! Now I should probably wait 24 hours for it to defrost; it’s been really cold here. What’s your wait time when bringing in cold games?

4844D17F-8A0B-4EA7-BFBF-90158EA2B22A (resized).jpeg4844D17F-8A0B-4EA7-BFBF-90158EA2B22A (resized).jpegE9DB716D-65E3-49C9-90AF-F5A5F5D64C3B (resized).jpegE9DB716D-65E3-49C9-90AF-F5A5F5D64C3B (resized).jpeg
#16808 1 year ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Shouldn’t take too long for the game to acclimate to room temp. Couple hours?
Is yours a November build date?

Looks like end of Oct

7917DCEF-F422-4ACD-9C5C-F22382BB5561 (resized).jpeg7917DCEF-F422-4ACD-9C5C-F22382BB5561 (resized).jpeg
#16810 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Perfect it's a Tuesday build.

Ha! Never looked! Monday and Friday machines might be suspect

#16815 1 year ago

Left sling shot switch not working. Looks like wires popped off the switch. Can someone please take a pic so I can be sure I connect them properly.

F7B14107-6ECB-4BCE-A9E3-7054B209CC0B (resized).jpegF7B14107-6ECB-4BCE-A9E3-7054B209CC0B (resized).jpeg
#16817 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i don't have my game in front of me and it is hard to tell from your picture angle but i assume it should go where the jumper wire to the other switch connect to as well.
you can look at any other switch for reference on the logic behind how wire connect to multiple lug leaf switches too

So here?

1F442351-3735-4055-AF54-63E695BC9264 (resized).jpeg1F442351-3735-4055-AF54-63E695BC9264 (resized).jpeg
#16823 1 year ago

Hate to be a nuisance on this; but can anyone confirm that these two wires that popped off (the left slingshot switch) go on the lug I circled?

394D86D3-62DB-4C36-8483-7E1736D31AF2 (resized).jpeg394D86D3-62DB-4C36-8483-7E1736D31AF2 (resized).jpeg
#16825 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Not sure if this captures what you’re looking for
[quoted image]

Awesome thank you, I thought the two (black and green) went on that bottom lug but I just wanted to confirm. Looks like it Thanks again!

#16853 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Gosh... watching Godzilla download new code, I feel like Elizabeth Taylor waiting for the microwave to finish; "Hurry!"

Mine took like 35-40 minutes. I kept going around the house unplugging devices lol

#16931 1 year ago

What’s the deal with the plunger? The ball gets hung up on the sunk wire guide? Is that what all the Abe mod talk is about. If this is the fix for that, sorry without experiencing it I did know what that was all about.

#16937 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

On a lot of copies of GZ, when you plunge the ball, it rides the right side of the shooter lane. Near the drop onto the wood, the ball drops down, and the right side of the ball hits the lane guide, sending it to the left behind the pop. It rattles there in a crappy way.
Abe’s fix prevents that by not letting the ball hit the guide on the right side. To demonstrate it, take a ball and manually move it along the right side of the shooter lane. Go down at the drop, and you will feel the lane guide shove the ball towards the left. THAT is the issue.
If you’re not experiencing it, awesome. If the ball rattles, that’s your fix.

Ok thanks. It seems odd that stern would be aware of the issue and hasn’t made a simple adjustment in production at this point.

#17059 1 year ago

What’s the adjustment for the building down vibration? That’s not normal right?

#17062 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

Not sure there’s an easy fix. Stern support sent me a replacement for my building that had this issue. Installation was straightforward and the new building is working well, no more vibrations.

Oh that kinda sucks. Did you contact your distributor or Stern directly?

#17068 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I experienced this as well, on the 26th game played.
I just added a shaker motor in the past few days, so now this is somewhat hard to detect, although it seems that the shaker is aggravating the building shake. I think I'm going to get in touch with Stern, just to be sure.

Lets us know what they say. Also speaking of shaker motors. I can see the t nuts under the cabinet for a shaker. But from the inside of the cabinet they didn’t come through or even mark where they are. Anyone else have this issue?

#17072 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Tighten the nuts on the bottom of the building. Fixed it for me. They are inside the building - it's not super obvious which ones need to be tightened. Mine was making a pretty bad noise but it didn't do it 100% of the time.

I notice about an 1/8 of an inch play back and forth on the building. So I think I just need to figure out which screws to tighten. Because when the building is rattled when going down. If I straighten it out the rattling stops.

#17075 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

I contacted both Stern and my distributor, and this was covered under warranty. (Reported within a week of purchase)
The motor on the replacement building is in a different location vs the original. (Note the vertical orientation on the new vs the diagonal on the original). I wonder if those of you having this vibration issue have a building like originally installed on mine. [quoted image][quoted image]

I have the replacement

5794F57D-39B6-4190-8812-123FE1B9F491 (resized).jpeg5794F57D-39B6-4190-8812-123FE1B9F491 (resized).jpeg
#17076 1 year ago

It’s the angle at which the building is in when the playfield is down. I did the test 10 times with the playfield up and it would not rattle. Put the playfield down to normal position and it rattles. Once I touch the building it stops. So just need to figure out if there’s an adjustment. The only thing I’m concerned about if there is after pitch adjustment that the ball may hit the building when going in. Not much room there from the playfield and the build to adjust before the ball will hit.

#17078 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Are you sure it didn't come all the way through? Sometimes the piece of wood covering the hole not punched out all the way. Take a thin screwdriver and from underneath the cabinet tap lightly through t not hole. Most likely the little wood circle just didn't pop out when they drilled it, I've had this problem before. A light tap pushes out the little piece of wood.

Yep you’re correct just the thinnest wood pushed through! Thanks

#17142 1 year ago

I was thinking the shooter rod was setup improperly the other day. For one I hate the factory one. But also seems like the barrel spring is too big or too many washers in it?

3 months later
#19942 1 year ago

I installed a fidelity speaker upgrade on my machine. with the burning city scape light mod and now the upgraded speakers the back of the speaker touches the metal box ( power supply i believe ) when the speaker panel is raised into place. has anyone ran into this and is this something to be concerned about?

#19945 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did You remove the small clear spacers,it may or may not help

yeah I did. I was thinking about sticking some electrical tape on the back part of the speaker magnet just for a little buffer.

2 weeks later
#20321 1 year ago

I looked for a key post on the building Vuk. Mine is starting to take a couple tries to get the ball up. I may have read something about installing a card or something like that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sheev_Palpatine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Sheev_Palpatine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.