Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21105 11 months ago

Joined the club today with a Premium

Had a hickup due to a short in a GI-socket but thats been taken care off

Now, I know I want some translucent rubbers and red flipperbands. But, the black post-sleeves, any recommendations? Red, Grey, black?
Also gonna install a playfield protector and yellow convolux. Saw this once and liked it quite a lot

IMG_7636 (resized).JPGIMG_7636 (resized).JPGIMG_7637 (resized).JPGIMG_7637 (resized).JPGIMG_7655 (resized).JPGIMG_7655 (resized).JPGIMG_7656 (resized).JPGIMG_7656 (resized).JPG
#21120 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Welcome to the club. Rensh is certified gold in the TBL thread. Great to have him on GZ.

Thanks for the compliment, highly appreciate it

Pls do note GZ is for fun playing, not support it It’s meant as a reminder for me that the joy of playing is what’s all to be about. And ofcourse the strong social aspect of our beloved hobby.

#21137 11 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Sorokyl What bridge upgrade is that on your machine?

Think that’s the one from Lior. He also has a Lior shield mod.

4 weeks later
#22560 10 months ago

I installed a playfield protector and yellow convolux set. Looks great. Also also installed some lior mods of which one is the bridge

Now, all this difficult stuff about lifting playfield carefull with screws etc. A good friend, thanks again Niels, told me that the bridge is only attached to the playfield with a nut from downside and screw topside.

So, set playfield vertical, remove screw holding plunger to bridge, remove the one nut from downside playfield, playfield horizontal again. Remove plastic left of bridge, remove screw holding bridge to playfield and you can take the whole bridge out. Than you can do the assembly of new bridge parts relaxed on your workbench.

I found it a lot easier (and had to take the bridge out anyway because of the Playfield protector)

#22615 10 months ago
Quoted from Toni0:

Strange, mine from February has the alignment bracket.
It also has the new magna grab plastic but blue rubber.

Mine is 8 Feb and has black rubbers, playfield alignment brackets, new magna grab plastic (which is still hit)

#22657 10 months ago

I usually always keep the standard factory balls but the ones delivered with my GZ where very dull so replaced them Immediately.

#22737 9 months ago

Several weeks old and now a node 10 board failure . As you can see in the picture it’s a smoked board.

Distributor is taking care of it, no worries there, good service there. Just wondering what caused it. Just bad luck or …?

Have checked the following

48VDC OK
Stepper motor can be moved by hand without excessive force
The stepper is fed via 4 wires of which 2 each form a pair. Resistance red blue pair is approx 9Ohm and of black green 9Ohm as well. No idea if this value is OK but for sure not a short.
Switches look fine and don’t think a broken switch can cause this.

Did see that the connector of the steppermotor was not fully inserted on the header. Perhaps came loose during transport? Could a loose stepper motor connector cause this? Hope so as this would mean a new board would solve it. Will than also secure with a dot hot glue this connector to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Anybody an idea?

IMG_8496 (resized).jpegIMG_8496 (resized).jpegIMG_8504 (resized).jpegIMG_8504 (resized).jpeg
#22752 9 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

What’s the word on the little shop of games bridge mod and shield sculpt for mechs Godzilla?

I installed them last week. Looks great. So, what do you wanna know?

#22764 9 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Are they as cool as they look? Any issues installing the bridge? Is the bridge stable?

Bridge is stable. Look really cool in real life. Have bridge-ufo-mechagodzilla turntable-lockbar action cover.

Installing bridge. As I described earlier I just took at the whole bridge from the playfield. Just one screw from the top and nut below. Yes, a plastic has to removed as well but no biggie.

1 week later
#23058 9 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Several weeks old and now a node 10 board failure . As you can see in the picture it’s a smoked board.
Distributor is taking care of it, no worries there, good service there. Just wondering what caused it. Just bad luck or …?
Have checked the following
48VDC OK
Stepper motor can be moved by hand without excessive force
The stepper is fed via 4 wires of which 2 each form a pair. Resistance red blue pair is approx 9Ohm and of black green 9Ohm as well. No idea if this value is OK but for sure not a short.
Switches look fine and don’t think a broken switch can cause this.
Did see that the connector of the steppermotor was not fully inserted on the header. Perhaps came loose during transport? Could a loose stepper motor connector cause this? Hope so as this would mean a new board would solve it. Will than also secure with a dot hot glue this connector to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Anybody an idea?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just to follow-up with my findings

So, received a new node10 board last Friday. Installed it and tested it during the weekend. Working again, just hoping it will continu this.

As there is a theory that a loose steppermotor connector could cause this and I did see a connector which wiggled itself a little loose (transport likely caused this) I added a dot of hot glue to this connector to prevent it ever coming loose again. Better safe than sorry they say.

Attached a picture with the connector encircled.

IMG_8503 (resized).jpegIMG_8503 (resized).jpeg
#23139 9 months ago
Quoted from toro1966:

You wouldn't have a link to the actual item - would you. I just searched around fro about 30 minutes with no luck.

It’s easier to buy it from another German website where everything is in English

https://pu-parts.com/skillshot-optimiser-godzilla

Bought it from there and works excellent.

2 weeks later
#23396 8 months ago

After a month of ownership I can finally join the Billionairsclub

Man, this is quite a game. Poor venom

IMG_8996 (resized).jpegIMG_8996 (resized).jpeg
#23397 8 months ago

The only issue I have (besides sdtm for the building 90% of the time) is however this.

Any solution for this? I do have a playfield protector, perhaps this extra 0,5 mm makes it trap more easy. Don’t now if the turntable can be adjusted in height?

IMG_8995 (resized).jpegIMG_8995 (resized).jpeg
#23472 8 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

the BEST shooter lane fix is the one from freddy’s in germany.
i cant believe this isnt how stern produced the machine!
100% fix. 5 min install.
before w the 3d printed fix and after with the metal. u replace the steel that’s there and remove the plastic fix.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Alternative site, direct in English

https://pu-parts.com/skillshot-optimiser-godzilla

1 week later
#23651 8 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO plastic shooter lane protectors are garbage they messed up the balls ejecting from the trough Cliffy is really the only way to go. In the meantime just mylar over shooter.

I have a plastic shooterlane protector in combo with a metal shooterlane skillshot optimizer and works like a charm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.