PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10035 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I restart games all the time at home and wont apologize for it!

You can also set your games to 5- ball and not apologize.

They are both just different ways to max out your scores without strictly adhering to a 3 ball game.

I did the reset thing for brief time too until realizing ball 1 didn't have to be stellar to set a high score.

Earning extra balls was more important.

1 week later
#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Iepinball on twitch. Should be under their videos tab.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1470815493

1 month later
#12132 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hey guys,
I’m new here. I assume this has been mentioned before. I couldn’t find it quickly.
I want to upgrade the speakers on my premium.
What’s the best option.
Thanks,
Richard

It's personal opinion, but the biggest improvement for me is Pinnovators kit with an external polk sub.

I've tried all the high falluting speaker kit upgrades and they never impress me as much as the simple addition of an external sub.

2 weeks later
#12594 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

My wife hates this callout too. Has Stern ever let you adjust callouts before?

Many games have an adjustment for adult mode / family mode. I do not believe they have an adjustment for wife mode.

1 week later
#12967 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139828
For anyone with the pro who wants to upgrade from their flat plastic Godzilla but still keep the stern vibe alive my GZ figure from the premium is available.
[quoted image]

This could be the best topper I've seen.

1 week later
#13458 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I sent a really polite email asking him about it (also ordered in February) and he said he has some more going out in the next two weeks or so.

Don't you know people here get really upset if anyone comments on the awful wait time for Doug's speaker light kits?

At least you made sure to be really polite to Doug for his shitty wait time so he wouldn't get upset with you.

For those who say the wait is worth it, it ain't. Myth pinball has the same excellent product without the bullshit delay.

https://www.mythpinball.com/game/

#13465 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Note from someone who’s had to disassemble both kits: they are not EXACTLY the same, but the only noticeable difference is that Doug’s kit has independent control of each speaker’s fire, so it looks more random. It is hard to notice until someone points it out. All other differences are technical and irrelevant to the final product.

Gotcha. Myth speakers still have independent random flames so I didn't see the difference.

The biggest difference (other than the delay) is the optional building overlay. They are not the same.

Doug's are a sillhouette that can block the bottom row of lights a bit as he points out on his website. Myth has larger buildings that are more transparent. If you cut off the outer frame border, the light is even better. Both are good - just a matter of preference

#13467 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Mythpinball lighting looks meh!

Have to disagree with you there, unless you just don't like speaker lights.

I've had both kits on my games. Indistinguishable. They are so totally not meh.

#13505 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

people that have ordered or are looking to order from me, I'm sorry they are taking as long as they do to make. I can't really argue that, but what I can do is ask for proof of them looking the same or as good when the same people keep bashing me over and over again and claiming you can't tell the difference between the two when the difference is obvious

Doug,

I have no complaint with your product. It's really good and I like it. But whatever superiority you claim, it's not substantial enough, nor worth the wait to me.

In post # 1945 of the GZ mod thread, you admit you can make more money making the other products faster, so basically wait and don't bother me if your'e a flame customer. Why not improve to make customers happy rather than make an excuse?

Your own words said: "I see no reason for this one new product to drag down the delivery times on all of my other items that don't take nearly the time to make."

This is a clear admission of your concern for customers. So is it a surprise that we keep seeing posts from those tired of waiting? You could do better.

Your website also states that your plastic buildings block the light. I just took your word on that. The below quote is from your own website:

"One last note that was pointed out to me by a friend that was using these with the Flamin' Frames light kit. Using these Lower Panel Designs does cut down on the flame effect that you get from the kit. I would suspect that is because the entire lower light strip (where the "flames" originate from) is covered. I don't think that is a big deal or incredibly noticeable but, it is there."

Again Doug, I have no issue with your product. It is good. And I would've bought from you if you didn't come across like the soup nazi requiring customers adapt to you rather than the other way around.

Instead of getting defensive, just improve your service to show you value your customers. You already have a quality product.

And if you need to prove your kit's superiority, go buy a Myth kit yourself. That's not the issue here, and I have nothing to prove.

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Well, I claim I sell the superior looking flaming Speaker Light Kit for SPIKE 2 games. I really doubt any of us care if it is worth the wait to you.
No one is complaining about the wait time for one of my light kits more than the guy that hasn't even ordered one.

It's the same guy that keeps making the false claims that the two light kits look exactly the same whenever anyone mentions liking the look of my flaming light kit better ..yet he knows that isn't true, so he won't post a video proving his claim.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

You still miss the point. Attacking me is just another defense tactic.

I could understand it better if you were a hobbyist creating the kits, but you said it's your full time job.

Attacking any potential customer is unprofessional and supports my point that that you come first, not the customer.

A good business person would want to improve.

4 months later
#17755 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

leaf switch gap looks good spacing is similar to slingshot that’s working . So I don’t think it’s a leaf switch gap issue Atleast…

If the switch does not register in switch test, most likely a wire broke at the switch.

But if the gap is good and no break in the wire, check the wires at the sling coil under the playfield.

You probably have a broken wire at the coil. It's a 5 min repair to resolder.

#17821 1 year ago

#17891 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

TNA offers a game that will kick your ass, with nice short bite-sized sessions, without giving up those modern features. There isn't much else like it.

Beatles cough, cough.

#17913 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Had a nice game with a killer Hedorah score tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive score. How long did it take to play that 9 billion game?

I don't think my attention span is that long.

#17950 1 year ago

The magnet doesn't spin to create the ball movement. The ball actually rolls on the magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.