IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoopsMagee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7555 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been mentioned but has there been any indication that new achievements would be added after a game's initial release? Godzilla was the first set released, and is outstanding across the board but the insider achievements do feel like they could have added more, especially since it's not even to 1.0 code yet. Comparing it to Iron Maiden and just how many different separate tasks they included does make me hopeful that there's still more achievement to come for GZ at some point in the future

#7557 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Yes it will. All other games (apart from Rush, which is also still being developed) have 2000 xp total - GZ only has 900 xp. Lots of room for new achievements.

Oh awesome thanks man! I missed that 2000 point cap for expanding. Very cool

4 weeks later
#8452 2 years ago

Same. I was dead set on getting this mod then saw KME mention that it was deliberate so changed my mind.

Quoted from fooflighter:

So I heard Mr Elwin say on a TPN podcast that the goal of the ball release off the building is supposed to hit the very tip of the left flipper to prevent going back up the ramp or building on an instant return and getting a ball stuck, by design .. now I'm wondering if I should add the roof mod
Still don't have my machine yet but how many with a roof diverter mod installed have batted a ball back to a ball trap since installing?
Thanks

Quoted from sk8ball:

You'll find out why the first time you one-time it into the building or to one of the exposed ramp exits upon ball drop

3 weeks later
#9306 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I placed my order on Sept 14th and just received the notification that my game will be ready for pickup on Monday! Got a stock pile of mods to get through so may need to take a week off from work to get this shit done, but I'm looking forward to digging in soon!

Awesome congrats!! You go pro or premium?

1 week later
#9804 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Are there any videos for installing the one for the shooter lane?

Idk about any videos, but he's got a pretty straightforward walkthrough with pictures for the shooter lane guards on his site

https://passionforpinball.com/Guides/stern_shooter_eject_installation.htm

2 weeks later
#10169 1 year ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Dumb question - I wanted to check the incline of my machine, but realized I need to do it without the glass on correct? Is there any simple math to get the incline with the glass on to get the incline on the playfield?

I like to take off the glass and get everything level just how I like it with a digital level, then put the glass back on measure it again to get the exact angle of how it should be with the glass. I write that on a little card or sticky note and put it inside the cabinet or on the coin box so I don't have to slide it off every time I wanna recheck if it's level

#10197 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm whether or not there’s supposed to be a post sleeve or rubber on this post? Just double checking before I email stern. Thanks!

B8C0118E-3B60-4C4B-AAEF-5E218FC75F91 (resized).jpegB8C0118E-3B60-4C4B-AAEF-5E218FC75F91 (resized).jpeg

#10210 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You’re going to email Stern for one rubber ring - best of luck.

Hahah it's more the principle of it being left off. Just me but I think with a $9k purchase they should really include a set of spare rubbers and hardware for just such occasions. Maybe this ticket will add a feather to that scale. Does it make me petty asking them to send me a $0.39 rubber ring? Yes it does. Am I still going to? Yup.

1 week later
#10428 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm scared to ask but have to know, what the f*** does that mean?

exactly what you think it means

1 week later
#10746 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I don’t prefer it but Godzilla Pro is the first Stern machine I’ve played that didn’t seem like it was a compromise or lacking compared to a Premium.

Deadpool?

#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Be careful if you have GZ multiball ready and you choose Ebirah because on the Pre/LE the Mecha barrier will rotate blocking the right spinner...

Huh... On mine with the newest code it rotates back into regular position after starting Ebirah and stays that way until I clear the right spinner.

#10842 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Confirmed!
Ebirah battle in Godzilla Premium with 0.94 code... Mechagodzilla barrier rotates when Godzilla Multiball starts, making it harder to complete Ebirah battle. I started slowly, but was able to earn the add-a-ball and defeat Ebirah!

You're right! Well that.... sucks haha. Good thing to be aware of!

1 week later
#11154 1 year ago
Quoted from matthess:

Just noticed that the carpet inside the building is the same carpet that was at PAPA Headquarters in Pittsburgh.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok yeah that's pretty awesome attention to detail. Good eye!

2 weeks later
#11555 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Joined the club this week - mine has a June 1 build date. Two issues that I have run into and can use some advice:
The ball plunger is very erratic. When I first played the game the plunger couldn’t launch the ball onto the playfield. Lifter and readjusted the playfield a bit but it’s still off. Works so,Erika’s but is really weak. Auto plunge is ok.
Other issue when the ball is being returned for, the ramp to the right inlane the ball doesn’t just fall through the wire form into the inlane, it bounces off the end of the wire form, goes backwards, and the falls into the inlane. Assuming it’s just an adjustment I need to make but not sure what to adjust

I'd just try realigning the shooter rod and prongs, but it's not buttery smooth by design (I think).

And my right ramp does the same thing. I've tried adjusting it but can't get it as smooth as the one that feeds the left inlane. I watched Karl's stream and his does it too. Might also be by design? Not sure really but you're not alone.

1 week later
#12005 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Unfortunately the hard flooring wasn't my issue. Fortunately (?) I did finally nail down the issue. The jackhammer noise is being created by the U shaped casing around the motor banging against it while the motor shakes. I jammed a couple thick pieces of cardboard in the gap between the casing and the motor and the jackhammer noise is all but gone, though that feels incredibly janky as a solution. The casing is secured to the motor on one side by some Phillips head screws, but the other side isn't secured at all and you can flex it away from the motor if you pull on it. The motor shakes enough to get it flapping back and forth apparently. I'm guessing this is what the bolt running through the top of the PinballLife shakers is preventing and why people fix rattling issues with those by tightening it. Posting here just in case anyone else has similar issues with the OEM Stern shaker and is okay with a crappy fix. I'm going to head over to the tech forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and found a better fix than jamming stuff into it.

Despite a very comprehensive description I'm still having a tough time imagining where you're putting the cardboard. Do you have a picture of it? I've dealt with the same thing with my shaker motors so I'd be very interested in a fix if you've found one (other than adjusting the weights to significantly reduce the force of the shaking, somewhat defeating the purpose). Either way if you find a good solution and have the chance to report back I'd be grateful. Love the shaker motor, hate the jackhammer effect.

#12015 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What about just drilling two holes in the top of the braacket and running a bolt with a locknut across it, then you can tighten the frame squeezing the motor in place

I think I'm gonna try this actually... seems like it'd be a more stable fix

#12072 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I have to agree. Holy crap.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That really does look outstanding. I've got the art blades on mine and really like what they add because I think they're exceptional and sometimes find the mirror blades can be a little disorienting to my tiny brain when the light show really gets going. Can't go wrong either way on this pin imo it's gorgeous regardless

2 weeks later
#12632 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Seems hit or miss. Just got my premium maybe a week ago. Initially without leveling proper sdtm. Used a digital level (not app which may be just as good no idea). From that point on it hits end of left flipper. I understand some have leveled and still sdtm. I thought the one elwin interview he said that the mod should not be necessary and they should not go sdtm but I would have to listen again to confirm..

I've gotta do a minor left slap save every time but it almost always keeps all 3 balls in play. If I don't then it's SDTM and mines definitely level

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoopsMagee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=PoopsMagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.