PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

For those who have ordered NIB sterns in the past, is there any real benefit or disadvantages in waiting for later in the production run? The only thing I can think of is if you get an early production run is that you will have to address any service bulletins and update the code, but to me that's not a big deal. I was talking to a follow pinhead and they were firm on waiting out until games had the production bugs worked out (didn't give any specific examples). But I've talked to others who got first runs and never had any issues.
I plan to get a Premium Godzilla, it will be my first NIB, but I don't see an advantage by waiting for later production or getting in early other than getting the game as early as possible... any thoughts on this?

Later run games get potential fixes. I know on Maiden they improved the captive ball mechs on later runs. On ACDC Premium the early games had foggy lower playfields I think later run games are also run in smaller batches and the playfields usually have had more time to cure.

3 weeks later
#324 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

LOL, It has a building that colapses into the playfield and a bridge that also collapses. If that's not unique I don't know what is. Not trying to be a troll but what more do you want lol.

I think he was referring to the Pro model which he played and had neither of the features that you mentioned. The magnet captive ball is cool on the Pro but it's best feature is the great layout with 3 spinners. After playing it I would still rank it behind JP, but I think it is neck and neck with Maiden for my 2nd favorite KME game.

3 weeks later
#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

The pro is a great game. I think premium/LE is the biggest difference ever. The game play is still roughly the same, just more cool toys.

The location by me has an LE and Pro side by side. According to Stern Connected I have 8 games on the LE and 10 on the Pro. If I buy a game for home it will be a Pro. The LE is a little better but not $2200+ better for me. I think I actually prefer the MechaGodzilla area on the Pro vs. The LE. The targets on the LE are much easier to hit and I like the quick spinner loop vs. Hitting the magnet and dropping. The building is definitely a lot cooler on the LE. The bridge seems like a non factor in most games. If it was a grail theme I may think differently but the Pro gameplay is just about as fun to me as the LE.

1 month later
#4614 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I know there is a lot of talk about playing the pro and premium before making a decision, and I agree, when there is easy access. The place I usually go to play pinball started out with a pro and quickly replaced it with an LE. I have much less time on the pro than the LE, and I wanted to hear some feedback from those who have played both a lot more than I have.
I was also originally wondering about the ranking in the top 100. I think it's clear that the Godzilla Premium/LE's are going to probably stay #1, but I wondered if the pro version could hang with the other top pro machines like Deadpool and JP. Realistically, I can only afford another pro machine, and probably not right away, so I'd like to consider Godzilla pro as my next down the road purchase. I may even consider trading my Deadpool Pro for a Godzilla Pro if someone gets sick of theirs or wants to upgrade to a premium!

I've got a similar number of plays on both from playing them side by side on location and if I were buying I'd go for the Pro most likely. The gameplay is really similar and it would be hard for me to justify close to $9k on a Premium game. That's just a lot of money for a non limited game. Pro is better bang for the buck and provides 95% of the fun. My scores are remarkably similar on both models.

Screenshot_20211213-194129_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211213-194129_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4645 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’m a Pro guy, I almost always feel the Pro is the same or superior to the Premium. I argue JP Pro is the better game and GZ Pro is almost as good but I don’t understand JP Prem > Pro but GZ Pro = Prem.
In stock and a good price is reason enough.

For JP the deciding factor for me between the Pro and Premium was the art package. The Pro just seemed like generic dinosaur art and had the terrible font on the translite whereas the Premium had the most faithful art package to the license. If the art packages were reversed I would have gone Pro even though I would have really missed the functionality of the raptor pen (and much better Raptor MB with 2x multiplier). On Godzilla, I think the Pro has as strong of a playfield art package as any of the models. Of course the LE has an advantage because of the foil art on the cabinet, but the Pro artwork is probably my favorite.

#4935 2 years ago

Just picked up a Pro tonight. Are there any general recommendations for setup and coil strengths to set thr game up at? Mine plays pretty good out of the box but I feel like it could use some fine tuning especially with the manual plunger as it is difficult to dial in that skill shot.

20211217_193520 (resized).jpg20211217_193520 (resized).jpg20211217_195422 (resized).jpg20211217_195422 (resized).jpg20211217_204412 (resized).jpg20211217_204412 (resized).jpg
#5173 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I agree, i would even keep it as is. A right ramp shot returned to the right flipper can easily be transferred either with a nudge or even a rolling pass over to the left flipper finger for repeated right ramp shots. I do this kind of transfer all the time on my LE when the building is raised completely.

My preference would be to not add it to the Pro but if it must be added then I agree that this is the way to go. Having it alternate between ramps is too close to the Gigan battle. This is a case where just because something can be added doesn't mean it should be.

#5175 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I do agree that GZ pro is a very fun and very smooth shooting pin and going that route vs paying over MSRP for a Premium/LE is a good move.
I don't agree that the pro provides the same gameplay as the Premium/LE.
It is close, but you are missing out on some pretty cool mechs that add to the immersion and open up changes in strategy.
The building being able to change the return to the flippers adds to different ways you can approach Kaiju battles, and is pretty exciting. Things like Super Trains are something you can do on the Premium/LE that isn't possible on the pro. We might see more of that in future code updates.
I mean, would Medevial Madness be the same with a static castle that didn't do anything? How about Attack from Mars with a saucer that didn't shake and move? They would still be amazingly fun games, but they wouldn't be as revered as they are today without thoses mechs doing what they do.
Make no mistake, I am big fan of GZ pro... I just wouldn't be so quick to discount the Premium/LE as being the same game until you get a decent amount of time on it.

After primarily playing the LE on route and having a Pro in my house for almost a week I agree that the gameplay isn't quite the same. There are things that I prefer on the Premium/LE and there are things that I prefer on the Pro. I would say that both games are about equal in the fun department.

LE Preferences:
-The moving building and the ability to change shot paths. This is really cool and can dynamically change the shot flow of the game.
-The moving bridge. It's a bit underutilized but it is cool to see it move and shake vs. having a static ramp.
-The Mechagodzilla sculpt looks really cool in the game and it is satisfying to hit him to start the multi-ball

Pro Preferences:
-I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the way that the Pro handles Godzilla multi-ball. The first couple dozen times you see it on the Premium/LE it's really cool but I like how the Pro gets straight to the point and doesn't do virtual locks for balls one and two. It just tells you when it's ready to hit for MB. Less waiting and fanfare and more action. The ball release on the LE/Premium just kind of drops them down the middle anyways.
-I like the tighter right spinner shot and having that spinner lane open all of the time for more shot flow. The spinner is too easy to hit on the LE/Premium and I don't really enjoy having the area closed off during the stand-up phase. I think the Pro difficulty is about perfect in terms of hitting the spinner and stand-ups whereas it's a bit on the "too easy" side on the Premium/LE in terms of the stand-ups and spinner shot.

I will say that both games are awesome and the more I play this game I'm convinced that it is probably KME's best game to date!

#5300 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

I haven't been this excited to open a box on Christmas in a long time. I was fortunate to pick up a Godzilla Pro earlier this month.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I think it's the best Pro machine Stern's ever done. Just got mine a week ago.

#5459 2 years ago

How's everyone doing on their Godzilla achievements? I got my game about 10 days ago and have 37/39 achievements. The Triple Godzilla Super Jackpot and the More Buildings Destroyed (destroy 5 in a game) are proving to be a challenge. Any tips or pointers on knocking these 2 out? Also, if anyone wants to add me as a connection my player ID is MikeS.

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Is anyone else watching "Godzilla vs. Megalon" and "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" on Comet? Cool seeing the film clips on my LE for the first time in the real movie.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5791a12e68f3d72a34b47b015abdfbaa01a2e445-1641010501-1800"};
//]]>

I was just watching them both on Comet with my 8 year old. He's fascinated by the old movies and wants to see them all now.

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Question. I have the chance to buy an LE but have the pro already at home. Love it. Quick and clean.
Should I buy the LE and sell the Pro. I love the right quick loop on the pro and think I will miss it when you have the Bash Toy MechaGodzilla. Do you think the bridge and Tower is worth the upgrade?
Thanks

The LE/Premium has cool extra features but I prefer how the Pro plays. Quick and clean like you said..
Fewer ball hang ups less waiting for balls to lock and relaunching balls, etc. And I like the quick spinner loop over the turning target mech on the right. I don't think I'd upgrade unless I was getting a favorable deal on the LE.

#5822 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone see any differences between prem/LE and pro for the stdm drain coming out of the building? My LE I could have it multiple times a game especially if I hit the shot fast and smooth to the left of the building. Basically tried to avoid the shot at all costs. On the pro with probably 50 games it has happened once which makes shooting much more enjoyable. It’s a new build so not sure if they adjusted it or if the pro with the building being stationary if that’s the difference

I've never had a sdtm drain on my Pro in 175+ games from the Wallup shot. It's always a clean exit to my right flipper. The LE i play on route has sdtm drains often from this shot, so much that you have to try and avoid shooting it. I'm not sure if adjusting the pitch and level of the game would improve the exit on the LE, but it is something that I've noticed as a difference in playing the 2 models.

#5828 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

At least with .85 atm, that side of the building entry to the building exit drain is "safe" with the momentary ball save it triggers now. For my shots it varies on the speed that I get that exit. Seems about 40% it drains, rest it barely gets the edge of the flipper to bounce out of.

That's good that it at least gives you a ball save now. When I played an LE a few weeks back on earlier code it didn't which sucked because it penalizes you for making what should be a rewarding and fun shot.

#5854 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

The Wallop shot goes SDTM maybe 10-20% of the time on my Pro. My main complaint is the ballsave seems to only be offered twice when you shoot that lame, whether you drain or not. I'm not clear if that is per ballI, or per game. I'd like to see the ballsave offered until you actually drain and use it twice. I end top hitting that shot often enough that I feel like I end up draining late in the game with no ballsave presented, even if that was the first time it went SDTM...
I know you can up the number from the default 2 ballsaves to 3 - but still. If I don't drain, it shouldn't in effect count against me for hitting a valid shot by using up one of the ballsaves. Especially if nothing was lit and all you earn with that mini-wallop is 5k points....

I would play around with the pitch/level on your game. I've shot the Wallop hundreds of times on my Pro and it has never gone SDTM even once when exiting through the front of the building. On mine it can be dangerous if you hit a weak shot that comes back down through the left lane but on a made shot that goes around and back through the building never drains.

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone downgrade from a prem/le to pro? Had to get rid of my LE in a trade and am thinking of getting a pro. I think the toy I’ll miss the most is the bridge honestly. Bad idea?

The LE/Premium toys are cool and have a level of visual and tactile feedback that you don't get on the Pro, but from a pure gameplay stand-point I think the Pro is the better shooting game. Fewer ball hang-ups, a non-cheap Wallop shot, less stop-and-go while waiting for balls to lock and launch (it just goes right into Multi-ball with no virtual locks), and I really like having that right spinner lane open all the time. Before I played the game I thought that this was a game where I'd need to go for the higher models, but a location by me had a Pro and LE side-by-side and after playing both models rather extensively I thought the Pro shot better which convinced me to get one for myself.

Quoted from Taygeta:

I currently have a pro and am really happy with it, but I’d probably upgrade to a premium if I wasn’t worried about the building mechs long term reliability.
The main downgrade on the pro is that without all the mechs there is a similar feeling to all the multiballs, but aside from that the layout and shot flow is pretty much identical. I prefer the flow of the pro’s spinner over the Mecha Zilla jump ramp/magnet.

I agree with you on that. It is cool how the LE/Premium does things with the bridge, building, and MechaGodzilla within their respective multi-balls. That's really the biggest thing you'd miss from a Pro even though I do think that the Pro still shoots slightly better/faster.

#5874 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Curious what ball hang ups you are talking about. And not sure what you mean by non-cheap Wallop shot. These might be more a symptom of poor leveling than the actual game design as I don't think I am having either. The only stop and go I can think of is waiting for Godzilla and Mechagodzilla multi balls. I guess Godzilla multi ball takes a bit of time with the building dropping but that is kind of the point. It is a larger moment in the game. I actually like the larger spinner on the Mechagodzilla. It doesn't return as quick as a horseshoe but not sure if that would be a deal breaker for me. The pace of the games is still incredibly fast when playing. Not sure if the Pro plays that much faster to be honest.

When playing the LE, I've had the ball get hung up on the back-side of the Mechagodzilla rotating disc a few times which required a pretty good nudge to shake it loose. I'm sure there are tweaks that can be done to prevent this in a home environment. I have gotten the ball stuck behind the building on my Pro but I know that particular stuck ball happens on all models. The wallop shot on the LE that I played also had a tendency to go SDTM, especially on a strong shot that exits through the building. In reading this thread it appears to be rather common on the LE/Premium and much less so on the Pro.-I have yet to see it on my game or the Pro that I play on route. The Pro vs. Premium Mechagodzilla area is really going to come down to personal preference. For me I prefer the extra challenge of the tighter spinner shot on the Pro and more difficult targets but the wider spinner and jump ramp might be slightly more fun to shoot.

The speed difference between Pro/LE is pretty negligible. The biggest thing for me is just not having to wait and then plunge balls when locking balls for Godzilla MB. I would be ecstatic to own any version of Godzilla, every model is incredible!

#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

2300. That math seems wrong.

If he meant Premium to Pro that's about right. MSRP is $2100 difference and would be $2200+ after factoring in sales tax.

#5931 2 years ago

Added this guy to my Pro today and it was super simple! This is the 2009 Bandai figure. His arms and head are move-able. He pulls right apart at the waist and attaches with a simple screw using the slot from the stand-up. I'm guessing there will be the potential for stuck balls but those should be pretty rare on the Pro since there isn't a jump ramp.

20220105_122502 (resized).jpg20220105_122502 (resized).jpg
#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Yeah this is the biggest negative difference in gameplay resulting from the missing mechs. I think the best solution is to make all the multiballs much harder to obtain so that they all don't run-together one after another. At the very least, every Pro owner should try turning the Mechagodzilla on extra-hard barrier qualifying - it turns the barrier into a roving shot and adds a lot of dynamics to getting to mechagodzilla mb.

Thanks for the recommendation. I set the barrier to extra hard and the roving barrier shot really improves MechaGodzilla multiball. Before I would get it by accident but now you really have to try for it. I love the improved difficulty and that whole area in general on the game. Between backhanding the spinner and intentionally banking the scoop shot off the saucer to collect a saucer there's so much to do in that small section of the playfield.

1 week later
#6421 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

The only thing about the game i find really annoying is accidentally shooting directly to the left of the building and hitting that loop in reverse. That drains the ball back through the building SDTM almost every time. But thats more on my ability than a design flaw

I'd lean more towards that being a design flaw on the Premium/LE model unless there is some way to setup the game to completely avoid it? It shouldn't punish you for hitting the wallop shot.

#6441 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It doesn’t. It shouldn’t go STDM. Mine does not. Check the level of your game. Bring the back right side up a smidge

The LE I play on route does this all of the time and even caused me to lose a tournament once. I've seen it reported on Pinside and FB groups as well so I wasn't sure how widespread of an issue it was. I haven't ever had it happen on my Pro or either of the 2 Pros that I've played on route. I'm happy to hear that it can be avoided with proper game setup.

#6453 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Are you talking about the revese-building wallop shot? If so, the latest software update gives you a ball save when that happens. I have had it where a slow rolling ball doesn't trigger the wallop, but it's rare.

Yes, the wallop shot, and at high speed. It's been about a month since I've played the LE on location but it's good to know that there's now a software fix in case I need it. I have about 300 games on my Pro and I haven't needed it yet.

#6455 2 years ago
Quoted from ggravesfamily:

My GZ Premium upper flipper fires but is very weak. Cannot even hit the loop
Under 50 plays.
Ideas ?

Probably binding. There should be a little bit of play if you lift it up and down on the flipper.

#6557 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Are all four of your Godzilla legs the same length? My back legs are as low as they can be, my front legs are literally as high as they can be, and my incline is still too high according to the built in bubble.

physically check your bubble to make sure it's ok. When i got my Godzilla i noticed that the little bubble cylinder was sitting cockeyed in the holder.

#6727 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Hey all, for the pro owners. Does anybody know how to easily and safely remove the flat plastic mecha Godzilla plastic on the right side? Any details or instruction would be greatly appreciated.

It's simple. Unplug the flasher connector from under the playfield and remove the playfield plastic that contains the stand-up from the top of the playfield. You'll need to remove a few nuts. Once the plastic is removed look on the underside and there are a couple of screws that hold the Mechagodzilla plastic in.

#6868 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Any rumors on when the next update will be.

Beta code has been streamed on IE Pinball and is being played at a test location. My guess is that we'll see an update within the next week before INDISC.

#6961 2 years ago

Almost there. Can't wait to try the new code out! This looks to be an awesome update!

20220127_171826 (resized).jpg20220127_171826 (resized).jpg
#7140 2 years ago

I think it's only 2 secret combos and then hit the Maser Cannon.

#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

a question to all the Godzilla premium/Le lovers...
I have an Iron maiden LE and I have the chance to trade it for a Godzilla LE. What would you do?
Buying a new premium will take 6 months or more...

I used to have a Maiden but sold it to get a JP Premium. I still prefer JP out of the two but missed my Maiden a lot up until the point that I got a Godzilla Pro. I think Maiden and Godzilla are close enough in play style vs. JP and Maiden and now I have little interest in bringing it back. Between Maiden and Godzilla I think Godzilla is the better game. I prefer the rules and theme and it is more fun to shoot. Maiden is still a good game but is a distant 3rd on my rankings of KME titles. AIQ is the only one I haven't owned but the rules/theme haven't clicked with me yet despite playing 50+ games on route.

#7205 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

People who have owned JP and GZ, how do you think they compare in difficulty? By difficulty I don’t necessarily mean getting to wizard modes but more in terms of ease of shots, rejects getting you in trouble, amount of nudging needed etc. I really enjoy my JP but I have to nudge that thing a lot compared to other games to keep the ball safe and my old body feels it lol

I have both side by side and JP has much tighter shots and has the more difficult gameplay and more complex rules. You really need to be zoned in to have success on JP whereas on GZ you have more leeway. GZ difficulty is similar to Iron Maiden. I think the games contrast each other nicely.

#7220 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm wondering how you all have your flippers set up.
When I got my game, the tips of the flippers were aligned with the alignment holes in the playfield (where I'm guessing they were designed to be). The flippers felt "droopy" to me though, since they weren't in line with the ball return guides. So the mechanics of what my brain is used to was thrown off.
I set the flippers up a little higher. I used a straight edge and aligned them with the ball return guides. To be honest though, it makes some of the shots a lot harder, especially the ramps. It makes hitting the building easier though. With the flipper bat tips aligned on the holes, you have to flip really early to hit the building, especially with the left flipper.
I was watching IEPinball the other day and noticed his flipper bats looked "droppy". I asked if they were aligned on the holes in chat, and he confirmed they are. I also saw he could hit a ramp, then hold the flipper up and pass the ball over to the other flipper. I can't do that with mine, since they are set up tad higher.
I'm thinking about setting the flipper tips back up to be aligned on the holes. What do you all think? How are yours set up?
Picture of my flippers below.
[quoted image]

Yours look a bit high. Here are mine for a comparison.

20220201_101916 (resized).jpg20220201_101916 (resized).jpg
#7233 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thinking on getting a JP premium this year if stern ships any lol. Since you own both and I own Godzilla, do you still find owning both is worth it? I haven’t played JP premium on route in a few months. I love JP. Thanks for you input.

Absolutely. If you said Maiden or AIQ I would have had you reconsider but JP is a completely different kind of game than Godzilla and both are awesome for what they are. I admit I have been playing Godzilla almost primarily the past month since I got it but I put a few games on JP earlier today and fell in love with it all over again. I think JP is still my favorite of the two but Godzilla is just so fun to play too and I can't wait to see what code is like when it gets to 1.0.

1 week later
#7574 2 years ago

The official Stern art blades are awesome! Great quality and easy to install. So much less of a pain in the ass than the GNR ones I installed a few weeks ago and better quality too. They look incredible!

20220209_155723 (resized).jpg20220209_155723 (resized).jpg20220209_155715 (resized).jpg20220209_155715 (resized).jpg
#7641 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Slight topic change although these comet LEDs seem super cool!
I have a Pro on order. But I made the mistake of playing a premium and, well, it is awesome. I have tried to find a really good pro vs. prem discussion on GZ but can’t find it. Are the Pro players happy or is there really a big gap w the prem? Those magents, the bridge, and the building…. I guess they don’t affect gameplay that much?
I’m not normally one who regrets decisions. This ultimately is more of a ‘stick w the pro’ order or ‘change to prem’. Currently 60% leaning to pro and 40% to changing. Maybe more like 65/35. Thoughts?

I've put a bunch of plays on the Pro, Premium, and LE before deciding and honestly prefer how the Pro plays and ended up adding one to my collection. Here are my reasons:

1. I prefer how the MechaGodzilla area plays on the Pro. I like having the spinner available all of the time and appreciate that it's a tighter shot. It's too easy to backhand on the Prem/LE and move it to the next stage. I also like how it always exits to the right and comes around clean on the Pro vs. The LE/Prem where sometimes it will come around the left side. I've also had issues with stuck balls both on the back of the rotating mech and behind MechaGodzillas arm on the Premium.

2. The whole building area just shoots cleaner on the Pro. The ball is rolling over the actual playfield vs. a layer of metal that moves. On the Prem it is more common to have the Wallop shot exit SDTM. I have also had issues with the building rejecting shots because it wasn't perfectly level or because the building was moving when you hit the shot. The Pro never rejects and never has issues with SDTM drains from Wallop.

3. I like not having to wait for balls to lock for MB and having to plunge a new ball. The Pro skips the virtual locks and goes straight into multi-ball. It's also frustrating on the Premium to have the balls all release SDTM. Yes there are mods to fix this but on the Pro you don't have to worry about it.

I do miss the moving bridge on the Premium but I know it can also cause damage to the plastic below it. The Premium I play on route has a busted plastic. On this Premium the MechaGodzilla figure also has the magnet protruding a good half inch out of its belly button. I'm not sure what the deal with that is.

I know one of the selling points of the Premium that got my attention is that the building can divert the ball to the other flipper but I don't think its a big difference maker to me and I don't miss the Looping trains mode on the Pro.

I'm sure if you have a Premium at home you can probably adjust and make modifications to help with some of the issues I mentioned. But to me I just feel like the Pro feels more solid (maybe because of fewer moving parts) and you don't have to screw with it as much to get it to play how I want it to play.

I think you would probably be happy either way but I know in my case I have zero regret in choosing Pro. It's one of the best machines I've ever owned and I've already put over 400 plays on it since getting it around Christmas. The other Sterns in my lineup are LE and Premium models so I'm not a guy that always prefers the Pro. In this case I do which surprised me since I was heavily favoring the Premium when the game was first announced. That's why it's important to play games before buying.

#7652 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The pro will sdtm on backwards building shots too.

I must be lucky then. I've got over 450 plays on my Pro and played another 25 or so on location and I have never gotten a SDTM drain on Wallop shots exiting through the building. I've had them occur on weak shots that didn't make it around, but those were on me.

The problem occurs quite regularly on both the Premium and LE I've played on location. Maybe it's just a combination of coincidence and luck?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I respectfully disagree with every single point you've made. If there ever was a stern that just screams prem/LE, it's Godzilla. The pro is equivalent to previous premiums, so it's great, but if you have the cash, the full meal deal is the way to go on this one.

I would have agreed with you after only playing a handful of games on each. It wasn't until around 20 plays on each that I changed my mind and decided I just liked the feel and geometry on the Pro better. I was fortunate that this location had both games side by side.

I played a Premium Thursday night after not playing one in a month and a half (basically since I got my Pro) and playing it again after knowing the intricacies of playing my Pro for 450+ games that the subtleties of the shot feel and geometry became even more apparent. The Pro just shoots smoother and the geometry just feels tighter and more precise. It's hard to explain and you really need to spend extended time on both models to feel the difference for yourself. If I actually liked the Premium better I would have one on order to upgrade to later which it seems that a lot of people do.

#7771 2 years ago

Great update with lots of polish. Love that there are high score tables now too.

And now I can earn more achievements again!

Screenshot_20220217-171651_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220217-171651_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7974 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm waffling hardcore between a pro and a premium. Money isn't a big concern, though I admit it'd be nice to keep the 2500 bucks or whatever and put that toward my savings for a house down payment or increase the emergency fund.
Wife and I got a chance to play the premium at a local joint the other day, finally. I don't really see the building doing a whole lot in terms of diverting balls to different ramps? Is that just not coded or well-utilized yet? Didn't get to a bridge mode so didn't really get to see much of that in action, seems to be one of the less used mechs in the game. The Mechagodzilla is cool....but am I really going to feel like I've substantially missed out on having the figure and magnet? I dunno. This seems to be a lot harder choice than say.... AC/DC where there was a whole separate playfield and the drop targets *massively* change the overall speed and feel of the game. The premium felt like a fast game to me, and there's nothing like drop targets or a separate playfield to slow it down, really. I like the art on both versions just fine.

I'd get whatever version you can get for MSRP (or less) and the soonest. My preference is the Pro because I like how it shoots better but most in here prefer the Premium. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:I get occasional random loud chirps/pops on my LE but I’ve never tried turning off the shaker to see if it’s related… figured it was a software thing they’d catch eventually

Are you sure it's not the virtual knocker (replay)?

#8134 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I played a LE on location several times and liked it enough to put in an order for a premium but knew it would be several month before I would get the premium. I came across a NIB pro and bought it as it was available at the time. The pro is a really solid game, I would make the trade with cash coming your way. I will have quite the decision once my premium becomes available, but I am leaning toward selling the pro and keeping the premium. The game play is not all that different but I tend to like premiums more than pros. also depends on how much you like Mando, I’m not a huge fan, but GZ is really fantastic.
I’d make the trade and put in an order for a premium. If you like the pro, cancel the order for the premium and bank the $$. If you want the premium sell the pro, doubt you would lose money on the pro..just my 2 cents.

Make sure you play the Premium a few times before deciding to get rid of your Pro. You may very well end up liking the Premium more but in my case I've owned a Pro for a couple months and went back and played a Premium again and found that I preferred the Pro's gameplay even more than I did early on when I played both models and was deciding which model to buy. The shot geometry just feels better and the game feels more solid. This isn't always apparent within the first handful of plays but after putting 500 plays on my Pro you can tell the subtle differences between the models.

#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Same here...also have an LE and have played the Pro. All the extra stuff on the LE/Premium was well worth it for me. But the biggest turn off on the Pro for me is the chintzy looking standups of Mecha and Godzilla. The first time I walked up to a Pro, they looked like cardboard cut outs or something....(JMO).

Those are easy and inexpensive to swap out. No one should have to live with those standups.

20220226_141828 (resized).jpg20220226_141828 (resized).jpg
#8219 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

MikeS where do you get the figures?

The Mechagodzilla figures are around $40 on Ebay and I bought the Godzilla from Sleal16 which is a perfect match for the game's artwork. His saucer mod is also a must buy!

ebay.com link: Mechagodzilla Godzilla 6 Kaiju Action Figure 2009 Silver Toho

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

to be fair, if you go back earlier in the thread, there were a lot of us saying this was a dream of pin+theme. I think the more recent comments have been from folks that weren't drawn in to buy right away by the theme, and therefor wouldn't have gotten in on the first waves, and just now would be ordering/getting the machines. So it seems like there's more folks that aren't into the theme than is actually the case.

I wonder if Chuck from Spooky Pinball ended up getting a Godzilla? He (and Bug) are the biggest Godzilla fans around. I remember that a lot of folks (including myself) were disappointed that Stern swiped their dream theme from under them which seemed like a dick move at the time. At least Keith and his team did the theme justice and made one of the best pins of all time. I'm sure a Spooky Godzilla would have been great as well given their passion for the theme, but it would be hard if not impossible to top Stern's effort.

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just for kicks I went to see a local distributor yesterday, told them I could pick up the game myself so no delivery needed, but they quoted me $300 shipping from Stern to them - is that normal??
$8799.99 + $300 "Factory Freight" -

I assume they're also charging sales tax since they are local?

1 week later
#8634 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

This is awesome and really fun to watch and pick up tips on how to play better.
I noticed during watching that Karls scoop seems to eject with a lot less power than mine and the ball stays under control. You can see an eject from the scoop at 10min 45 seconds in the video and it just hits the left flipper and gently rolls up the right inline. It doesn't look like he is live catching it. When my scoop ejects, it whacks the left flipper and jumps back up to the right kicker and then flies all around the table out of control.
Does anyone know if Karl has is scoop power turned down or is it a matter of how the table leveled? If the scoop is turned down, what are everyone's thoughts on that? Still fair play? What should it be set at as its set at 255 from the factory?
Thanks!

He likely has the eject power turned down. I did that on my game as well and it makes for a nice consistent feed over to the right flipper.

3 weeks later
#9497 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What if they gave you a spinner on MET pro but you had to get the premium/LE to get Sparky? Spinners are cool but don't consider them in the same league as the toys you get with GZ premium/LE. TWD pro still gives you drops which are expensive and the two main bash toys just without a magnet on Well Walker.

The disparity between TWD Pro and Premium is much larger than GZ and the gameplay differs far more as well.

TWD Pro is missing 2 spinners, a drop target, the crossbow, the wellwalker magnet, the bicycle girl bash toy, the fish tank, walker bombs, RGB leds, multicolor GI. On Godzilla it is only missing thr moving building, the collapsing bridge, and the MechaGodzilla ramp/turntable. Gameplay is much closer between the 2 versions. I think GZ Pro is one of the most loaded and best Pros that has come out.

3 weeks later
#10307 1 year ago

I love the new Terror of MechaGodzilla mode! I feel spoiled for how good this game is.

20220505_141059 (resized).jpg20220505_141059 (resized).jpg
#10309 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I'm confused I guess.
Do you need to be level 5 AND get a Super in Mecha in order to start Terror?

Yes

#10318 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

So...question remains...when getting the super before level 4, are you able to get to Terror of Mechagodzilla, or no?

Yes. I got my super (actually 2 supers) after level 2 and then had to earn my way to level 5 which lit the building to start it.

#10328 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

A little embarrassing to admit here but during Mech MB I’m just banging around and really not sure what I did to earn a super jackpot! Help me out here so I can be more deliberate in getting the super and therefore Terror. Thanks!

There's a full rule-sheet up at Tilt forums.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--mechamb

1 week later
#10737 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a hell of a long time to be locked out by modes....and I shot the building plenty. Is Terror lost completely on a ball drain if you don't start it?

Do you remember seeing "Terror of Mechagodzilla" on the screen when you were awarded the 5th Power-up? I think you still need to choose it?

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh, no. I'd definitely collected the SJP, though, because I basically NEVER make that stupid tail whip shot on purpose. It's almost impossible on my game, like how a lot of Gem shots on some Tron machines is much harder than it should be. Also, if you have to pick that as a powerup reward, that's pretty disappointing overall, unless 5 is the 50 million/50 million one, then that would explain why it was set up that way at least.

I'm pretty sure you are locked out after 4 power ups if you don't collect the Super on the latest code. And you're sure you're on .94 software and not .93?

1 week later
#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Mine, too. It flashes .96 then goes right back to .94.

Mine's doing the same. Going to update the old fashioned way which is quicker anyways!

#10961 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

It's a good size download, too. Sounds like a plan.

Looks like Insider Connect method is working now.

#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

No issues playing new code on mine last night. Played for over an hour and no problems at all.

Yup. same here. Played a handful of games and no issues. New Monster Zero mode is fun too! Noticed a couple of new animations and callouts too.

I would update.

#11034 1 year ago

I got Monster Zero and Terror of Godzilla in the same game and set a new GC! I really love both of these new mini wizard modes. They are completely different from one another and both fun in their own way.

20220528_104235 (resized).jpg20220528_104235 (resized).jpg20220528_104249 (resized).jpg20220528_104249 (resized).jpg
#11125 1 year ago

I put around 25 plays on both a Pro and LE on location when I was deciding on the game and surprisingly found that I liked how the Pro played better and ordered one for home. Don't assume (like I did) that the Premium/LE is the better game just because it has more mechs. You need to spend a decent amount of time on both and decide for yourself.

1 week later
#11309 1 year ago

My December Pro has the bracket. I wonder if its purpose is to try to slow the ball down to make it easier for the magnet to grab it?

2 months later
#14031 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-figure-for-stern-godzilla-pro.html
For us lowly (impatient) pro owners. I love it! Too bad I had just put in an order for a Shaker and quiet fan a couple days ago, otherwise I probably would have ordered this too.

That's great! I like that it also has a mod for beneath the playfield. I would order one if I didn't mod my own figure (which costs about the same). The Mothra mod at pinballlife looks nice as well.

4 months later
#17822 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am a big believer of sometimes less is more and I am a flow whore. I was offered a JP LE for trade for my Pro and looking back now I regret it because the LE shot up in value but have zero regrets in terms of gameplay. The moving T-Rex head became a flow killer for me and do not miss or want. Wondering if the same thing will happen with sinking building. After so many plays will the thrill fade away and it just kills flow? Everyone says bridge is no big deal, but Mechazilla? Does Mechazilla really add to this title? Really wanting guys who have owned both to chime in if possible? Man on fence here

I put around 30 plays on a Pro and LE before deciding and ended up buying a Pro and don't regret it one bit. The MechaGodzilla area flows much nicer on the Pro and I actually prefer the GZ Multiball start on the Pro where it catches all 3 balls on the magnet before releasing them vs dropping them down the middle. The LE is a great looking machine but with the price difference the Pro is a no brainer... especially if you can get 2 Pros for the price of an LE.

#17877 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Greetings everyone, hope everyone is doing great and having a wonderful holiday season.
Need some help\advice from those with Godzilla experience.
I definitely want a premium and played a few games so know I like it, but alas I would have to make room so I need to let Deadpool Prem or my TNA CE go.
I’ve read a few opinions going both ways where TNA is such a fun and unique game from others but it might get old after time and DP has a lot more in it, but it might not hardly get any play if I also had a GZ as it might feel too similar to Godzilla in terms of feel.
I like both hence the ask for others who’ve had more time on these and GZ to see how they felt long term. I’ve only owned one other Stern (Metallica Pro) and although I know each machine has different shots, goals, flow, etc. I feel the similarities with some Stern machines in gameplay in terms how shots feel, if that makes sense?
Thanks for any and all help.

If you mostly play single player games I would keep DP and sell TNA. TNA is a really fun game to play co-op though if you have friends or family that often play pinball with you.

5 months later
#21404 11 months ago

The game looks better without it. I'm just going to tape 10 $100 bills to the top of my game.

#21487 11 months ago

Yikes. I didn't think it was possible to make a worse topper than the Stern one. I've come to appreciate how nice my pins look without toppers on them, sometimes nothing is better than something.

#21598 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I showed this to one of my non-pinball buddies that I work with, and his statement was-
"I want a job at Stern! Apparently nothing is too underwhelming or ridiculous when they pay their talent to make things for games, even one of the best game titles in that hobby". (I told him that GZ is one of the highest ranked games of all time). And they have ZERO shame or pride".
Nailed it.

I'd be embarrassed to even tell non pinball friends if I bought something like this (or any topper in general). These are the same people that think the PS5 is expensive at $500. You could get a PS5, an extra controller and a bunch of games or you can get some flat plastics and a Godzilla figure that looks like the dinosaurs my 4 year old plays with. Ooh but it lights up and kind of works like a Skylander that costs $8 because it interacts with the game. Wowee!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.