Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LeMansFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10267 1 year ago

Anyone care to share a link to this stream that's being discussed?

#10306 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

While I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of working from home (I know I'm in the minority here) - I gotta say that getting 2 games in before the workday starts is a MAJOR perk. Had a great 2nd game today after getting 3 EBs for the first time, and setting a new GC, 645M. I even tilted during the King Gidorrah battle, which could've been some massive points.
Now seeing there's new code just makes me that much more excited to get another few games in tonight!

I'm with you man, never thought I'd say it, but I kinda miss going in to work. It would help if I didn't have this one cat that's constantly trying to get into my office room, meowing at the door, clawing at it. Anyone want a free cat!???

Also, just paid my invoice for my Godzilla Premium!!! Not sure when exactly it will arrive, hopefully in the next week or two!

1 week later
#10674 1 year ago

Great thing about Elwin games is that the pro is always perfectly adequate. In this case I went premium, but I have a JP Pro, and wouldn’t mind an AIQ Pro. I know I’m in the minority on this one, but Maiden can burn in any iteration for all I care. (Still salty about playing one last weekend in a tournament with outlane posts removed and tilt set tighter than you know what).

#10678 1 year ago

Question for those of you who have had the game for a while. Yeah, I have it listed in my collection, it's paid for, but waiting on the distributor to send it.

Prior to Deadpool I'd never noticed flipper fade on any of my games or felt the need for the PinMonk fans. I heard that the magna grab was an issue for a while, that it was generating lots of heat and wasn't performing as expected after some play time. I think I'd read that they addressed this issue in code. So... is the magna grab heating issue still a concern? Are people experiencing flipper fade? Do I need to order flipper fans and a magnet fan? I just wish they weren't so darn expensive...

#10682 1 year ago

Thanks so much for the responses. Can't wait to get this game! I paid in full with the distributor two weeks ago, who knows when the game will ship? Next week or two hopefully.

#10687 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

100% varies, distributor-to-distributor. they are the only ones who could even give you close eta.

No doubt. Wouldn't it be cool if they all operated the same so that we'd know what to expect??? I've bought from one that is COD, fine with me. Another that only asked me to pay in full the day before it was shipping, also a good way to do things. This one, I don't know if it's just the way things are right now or what, but don't take payment in full and then say "hopefully" it ships in the next two weeks. In what other business is that acceptable? Sorry, just venting.

#10698 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

After running into severe flipper fade on AIQ (I often play several hour long sessions and my longest single game of pinball ever of 90 minutes, was on AIQ) - flipper coil fans totally eliminated the fade.
I put DIY cooling fans on all my Sterns now and that was one of the first things I did to my Godzilla, I also added one to the magnet just in case...

User location checks out...

1 week later
#11105 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Congrats!
Now get some Tdiddy towers in that game!!!

Those have been sold out for a while now. If you know where I could get some I’m all ears!

#11141 1 year ago

I'm kinda new to this changing of the coil stop thing and may have made a mistake. First time it's ever been an issue for me was very recently with my Jurassic
Park. Had the dust all over on the third flipper and just recently changed the stop and sleeve. I looked in the manual and ordered the coil stop and sleeve that were listed there from Marco. Did I mess up by ordering from Marco, will I be just getting the same bad Stern ones as what was already in there? I ordered ten of each just to have them around.

#11205 1 year ago

Here’s a better description than what’s on Amazon for anyone interested in that amazing set: https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

1 week later
#11401 1 year ago

Also finally joined the club yesterday. As with others recently, a May 31st build date.

Seems to be good right out of the box. As I am known to do, I’ll play the game for about a week without much tweaking, by next weekend I’ll have it leveled perfectly and my few mods installed. Out of the box and eye-balling I got it at 6.6 pitch, but it does feel a tad floaty right at the flippers, shots all hit though and no SDTM issues from the left of the building shot like I experienced with another example.

Ladies first on the maiden game of course! Happy wife, happy life as they say.

F4FF3841-E05A-40F4-949E-5841BA5BF68C (resized).jpegF4FF3841-E05A-40F4-949E-5841BA5BF68C (resized).jpeg

3F174B30-B173-4E2D-AD84-225C59B80E9D (resized).jpeg3F174B30-B173-4E2D-AD84-225C59B80E9D (resized).jpeg8C0D54DE-E67B-481A-98D3-795BD3C645E3 (resized).jpeg8C0D54DE-E67B-481A-98D3-795BD3C645E3 (resized).jpegE9411509-2E07-4CDD-8227-CA70263D214F (resized).jpegE9411509-2E07-4CDD-8227-CA70263D214F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11704 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

On the shaker note - my only experience with shakers has been on my Roadshow (good if you want to simulate a bulldozer or tornado) and my buddy’s Hobbit (really mellow, seemed well integrated).
I’ve got a PBL shaker for my GZ going in this weekend when I pick both up…I’ve heard rave reviews of GZ shaker code…is it as good as everyone says? Well integrated and not just shaking the shit out of the machine? Curious….

Very well integrated. With a shaker and a good subwoofer, oh boy!

#11708 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I find with this game more than any other game, it's more of an "experience". The light shows, music, sound, and layout all come together to be some of the most "fun" I've had with a game. A shaker and sub further elevate this.

Agreed on all points, couldn't agree more in fact. Not many games that can match the Godzilla overall experience.

1 week later
#12140 1 year ago

Heads up to anyone on the fence about the huge Criterion Collection Godzilla box set. Twice annual Barnes and Noble 50% off sale starts today. Excellent time to purchase it! https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/the-criterion-collection/_/N-1p0i

1 month later
#13086 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I feel like Star Wars pro without the hyperspace lane is missing quite a bit. That hyperspace is dope. Is it worth 2000? Don't know, but the Pro version sure feels like a welfare game without it!

I enjoy my welfare game. At least the hyperspace ramp doesn't block my view of the ball.

1 week later
#13448 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

It sounds like the one you’re playing needs some attention to be set up right. Godzilla is pretty forgiving in terms of missed shots and not bricking shots.
Ignoring the code completely it’s not an extremely difficult shooter and has very long play times compared to the majority of other modern games.
Of course eventually you drain and sometimes it feels unfair but that’s pinball, a game you always lose.

I completely agree with all of this. Godzilla is WAYYYY more forgiving than something like Jurassic Park. Sounds like someone needs to spend more time making sure the game is leveled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 210.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LeMansFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=LeMansFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.