20240317_204214 (resized).jpg
20240317_204157 (resized).jpg
20240317_204141 (resized).jpg
20240317_204119 (resized).jpg
20240317_205020 (resized).jpg
20240317_204056 (resized).jpg
20240317_204108 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6338 2 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Hearing from my distributor that it will be late this year or early next for my premium

I heard to expect a year wait. I always do pro and then upgrade if I really have to have the extra features so was asking about next open slot…2023 was the answer I got

1 week later
#6897 2 years ago

Where is all the discussion of the stream of KME getting to Planet X ? Don’t have the game yet but looks like a winner….at least if you play like skateball does

4 weeks later
#8006 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ah, that's probably why, good call! Honestly I was hoping they'd move the building up or down for other modes to direct the ball to more amenible positions...just having it divert when you're locking balls....that's kinda...meh for me.

I was playing an LE on location last week and was told a cool mode (Gigan?) you want to select if you have the building in the lock position. Because of that specific position you can repeatedly shoot the right ramp

1 month later
#9016 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Now it starts all game plays with loading 2x balls in the trough.

2 balls in the shooter lane has been the poster child for trough opto problems with Stern games since I can remember. Lots of posts on it and it can come and go.

i have had 2 NIB games have this problem after weeks but both were SAM games so not sure if Spike is different

If it happens again open the coin door and you'll see .100 pitch connectors usually the pins on the board have connection problems and adding some solder fixes it.

#9055 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is it literally just unscrew the old one and put the new ones in, nothing fancy?

Super easy...If you are getting coil stops also replace the coil tubing and also pick up a few of these. They really help if you get buzz from the duty cycle. If your game has them great but many I have bought do not.

https://www.pinballlife.com/spring-washer.html

#9173 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass

I wouldn’t do that because it would impact your warranty. I would set it up where it is and play it till someone comes to help.

But if you don’t have a dolly with stair treads you need one along with shrink wrap and moving blankets. Harbor Freight has cheap ones

#9184 1 year ago

Good to know. I was told not to remove the head to transport a NIB AC/DC and just believed it. But that was 2012

1 month later
#10335 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Heat Ray collects on both versions.

I have found for the way I play mecha super is best use of heat ray. It’s like add a ball in AC/DC you can wait til the last second to use it.

What have you all found to be a better use?

1 week later
#10667 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

taken videos and sent it to stern.

I have the pro yet saw several issues of people with screws that were loose and caused binding. Have you checked out those posts?

#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:I just paid $350 locally to have my TWD armor powder coated to look like clotted blood. Wondering if that sounds about right these days.

Great price if you did the coin door. Steve’s work is up to $295 plus more for coin door and you pay shipping. But his work is amazing and he has a library of stuff that matches

#10781 1 year ago

Speaking of Ebirah…was on location and had mecha ready to start so started Ebirah thinking one shot could start Mecha and count towards right spinner but mecha wouldn’t start. Is that a rule?

1 week later
#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Mine, too. It flashes .96 then goes right back to .94.

I had this problem from .93 to .94

I had to use the usb to get to .94 but hope to get IC to work for this update

#11006 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What's the deal with the Stern Insider wifi update? Some folks are reporting that there's no update, and I'm in that boat. I'll just download to USB, but anybody have an idea why the update doesn't appear, or if I have to do something to get it to show up?

I switched the wifi network and it downloaded and installed. I noticed that in the net menu it had my other network having a better signal.

Who knows why it worked for the first 2 updates and not these last 2

3 weeks later
#11706 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking to add a shaker motor to my GZ Premium. Any difference between the generic one on Pinball Life versus the Stern authorized one which is $20 more?

I have PBL shakers in 2 spike and 2 SAM games and they work great. Godzilla is the best use of shaker of all the games I have.

3 weeks later
#12650 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Having a bit of trouble.
I was playing a normal game and all of the sudden it starts kicking out all of the balls. I had six on the playfield for no reason. Every time a ball drained it would send them all out again. I restarted the machine after clearing all the balls. On a restart it immediately began ejecting all six balls onto the playfield. This was at the game start. It also would not leave BALL ONE.
It registers when the outlines are tripped but it doesn't end the ball.
Any suggestions?

Can you confirm that it keeps ejecting balls after the ball save is over?

If so pay attention to the ball trough and jam switches in the switch test.

Also remove and reseat the ball trough opto
connectors and see what happens.

3 months later
#15704 1 year ago

I find the Tail Whip hardest to do on purpose but I think missing it isnt dangerouse. Missing the left spinner and hitting the "blue nub of death" ends my ball too much. So I avoid that shot unless in Ebira or something that really really needs it like the 12th Rampage shot is there.

3 weeks later
#16544 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone have issues with insider home after recent update? When I power machine holding left flipper doesn’t give me the option to log in. After I play a game I can get the left flipper to show my account. Thoughts?

If you are talking about home team, I have noticed that I need to hold the flipper so long that I think its offline before giving me an indication it connected. Your mileage may vary.

1 month later
#17469 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

If you had the le mirror backglass signed would you use a white paint pen on glass?

Silver Sharpie is the go to for me. Really easy to see over everything that black is too dark for

3 weeks later
#18149 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I usually go for both ramps on Gigan.

I did the same last night and had a very similar score. I was on a sprint to planet X (which failed) so I usually wait for the building to be down to knock off Gigan but the ball found the scoop so off we went.

Besides Rodan is there anything that can jack up Gigan or is it just the safest lowest scoring way to get the the second city?

Thanks for the video.

2 months later
#20138 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Are folks leaving the scoop kickout power at the default or dialing it down a bit? It seems pretty wild on the default value.

Default. On most versions I have played you drop catch if you want to shoot right or hold flipper up and get a feed to right flipper for the rest of the shots middle spinner through Maser

2 months later
#21999 9 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Sounds like people are generally aligned! I guess it’s time to convince the wife we need a second machine

Don’t buy the second if you don’t want a 3rd. That was my mistake. Good luck

2 weeks later
#22584 9 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Is there an easy way to pop these out on one end and switch them?

Yes there is but you need a pin extractor that fits the right size. I would contact distributor to figure out options. If you need to DYI are the connectors round or square?

Most are round and .062 but i was surprised when the same looking 2 pin on the cabinet speaker was square and 4.2 mm seemed to fit

1 week later
#22874 8 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Hey, question, the keys to the coinbox are supposed to open the panel to get to the back box, right? Because they don’t seem to be working on mine.

The keys hanging on the coin door by the service buttons open the backbox

#22998 8 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Ha! Yes, I hope everyone understood I couldn't care less about that bag and how it may or may not effect resale.

Once the lifetime plays were introduced in 2019 the goodie bag being stapled became unimportant. But before that it was a clue a game might be HUO.

Lots of people today will quote lifetime plays on a game made before that was introduced so if you have an LOTR with the goodie bag stapled you might think about ripping it out.

I think more Godzillas are home use than routed so rip away

1 month later
#23795 7 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:Well, yes, among other things. Like not wiring lights backwards, aligning flippers correctly, and remembering to attach the pf alignment brackets.

Dont forget flippers without coil tubing

3 weeks later
#24159 6 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Anyone get their tilt toppers installed? Mine should be shipping soon. Hoping for a simple install.

This reminds me I need to bug them about my Sparky Topper. Good luck.

3 months later
#25826 87 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Statistically I’m not going to make it to 25Billion. See attached picture. All my premium play has been on the one machine at my house. Pro play is between my friends house and location play.

I think if you only play GZ for 12 days your average will go way up.

I normally play every game once before cycling back so looking at my insider connect average it was going to take me 76 games to get 25 bil.

But there is something about concentrating on a game. I am averaging 690 mil per game but have only played GZ. I also have really dialed in my GZ MB all day every day strat.

I am surprised how much fun IC has been. Good luck

#25971 82 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Where do you guys see how much is still required for badges?

From the main page in the app go to the quest a palooza link then select the 12 days of kaiju and you should see everything

#25984 82 days ago
Quoted from JP76:

usually tilt trying to get it free. Any ideas how to avoid this happening or get it rolling without a tilt?

There is a setting for coin door tilt and coin door ball save. I use them but you need a key in the door

1 week later
#26209 73 days ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

Thanks for this (unfortunately they don’t have any that are over 2” with #6 top and bottom) , and thanks to the others above for the suggestions!
I’ll figure something out and rig up something custom here. It is strange that no pinball place I can find seems to carry these (I will email a few of them to be sure). Longer ones always seem to involve #8 at the top or bottom, and it seems like there’d be a clear need for a stock part like this.

Yep I have looked everywhere for the same with classic SS games that have hardtops including PBR, PBL, Marco, etc. For those the issue is length below the nut not above. I ended up up making my own to length using a 3" screw or threaded rod. Most crimpers have a slot to cut off the 6/32 to length and will clean up the threads.

Cut to length. Mark with sharpie where you want the nut. Add Red locktite on the mark. Must be red! Slide the 6/32 nut into place and let set. If the locktite doesn't set like you want use 2 nuts tightened against each other. My 2 cents.

1 week later
#26423 60 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Thanks guys, can you explain more? I am not a seasoned player

I would say most stern games have an add a ball feature so to do well you need to learn what it is for every multi ball of every game.

If used during a multi ball it will add a ball. It will also restart the multi ball if used when you drain down to single ball.

GZ has several ways to add a ball including Anguirus at the action button. But so does AC/DC if you’ve left one shot from a mode uncollected and have a VIP pass. Great info to learn for every game

2 weeks later
#26681 46 days ago
Quoted from EelcoHo:

Last weeks I have more rejects from the scoop. The ball seems to be right in there, and bumps out again.
Is that part of the placement of the scoop, or are there any adjustments to make sure the ball stays there?

Mine sticks pretty much every time on GZ but have had a few problems with scoops on other sterns that bounce out... some NIB some routed or highly used HUO. My left flipper is at original power on GZ.

Try to figure where the bounce out is and adjust that accordingly. If its been on route usually bending things forward/backward into original position helps. If new just try to see whats happening in slow mo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Attleboro, MA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.