Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

This. I get made fun of by my pin friends for bringing this up, but it really screams laziness to me from a design standpoint. You get a few things like the Jackpot that shows up on Godzilla MB and it looks great, then everything goes back to Arial Bold that barely takes up 1/25 of the screen. Make things big and readable. Give it some style, it deserves it! At the very least, match the fonts that are on the playfield!

Still early 0.78 code. Let's hope they prioritized the functionality over the aesthetics and they will get to this in future releases.

2 weeks later
#893 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I noticed how much harder the left ramp was to nail this last weekend on a Pro at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. One thing I remembered about the building mech was that it raises and lowers and diverts the ball to different ramps based on how high it is. I was wondering what makes it raise and lower, and if you can get more left/right inlane shots on a Premium/LE because of the raising/lowering combined with that right ramp being easier to hit?

I believe it was mentioned it raises and lowers based on whether lock is lit. The bottom two floors are either straight through or into the physical lock. The top two floors either divert to opposite of shooting flipper or back to shooting flipper.

1 week later
#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from chromag:

Nobody is asking for a bullet proof box, just some added protection to at least stop some of the contact, and yes, I put the fault on warehouse workers and assume it's not at the Stern facility. The number of damaged boxes is approaching a stupid level.

See, Robert from Deeproot was on to something with his PinPod.

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Put down a deposit on a Premium yesterday. Now to wait until July

I am hoping July is the THIRD run since I am in on a SECOND run which was planned for early 2022. I think some people are still waiting on second run Mando Premiums.

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

You sure this guy is not a scammer? Website has been up for 77 days, address shows a vacuum shop if you check it out on google maps. [quoted image]

I have talked with him and know that some people on here have had games delivered from him already. Yes he is new but he is officially listed as a Stern distributor. There was another thread where someone called him out that he wasn't listed on Stern's site and he had it quickly resolved with Stern.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2779 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Emailing Stern is like throwing a envelope in the mail without an address. I rarely ever hear anything from them.

Interesting. Both time that I "emailed" them through their website for tech support, Pablo returned my request within an hour. First time was a faulting Walking Dead light board and the most recent was a broken lock down bar latch for my AIQ.

4 months later
#9067 2 years ago

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately we will be on Spring Break next week so I have to delay shipment a week. Dang kids and their desire to go to Universal Studios.

2 weeks later
#9752 2 years ago

Happy to be part of the club finally. Would have been here a week ago if it weren't for me having to delay the shipment due to our family spring break vacation. Kids....

2462145F-6ED7-4BE1-BEF5-F4A575474C4B (resized).jpeg2462145F-6ED7-4BE1-BEF5-F4A575474C4B (resized).jpeg9CE192DE-C625-418F-A58E-53589BB13917 (resized).jpeg9CE192DE-C625-418F-A58E-53589BB13917 (resized).jpeg
#9822 2 years ago

I have played a handful of games on my new Godzilla and the only "big" thing I see on my Godzilla that doesn't seem right is the "MagnaGrab". When it is lit from the right inlane and I hit it with a good strength shot, it just bounces off the magnet and doesn't catch. It definitely registers because the MagnaGrab light goes out. Occasionally, I do see it catch the ball with softer or glancing blows. Everything else about the magnet seems to be working like the Destruction Jackpot and swinging the ball to the upper flipper.

Anyone else experience this? Is there something that I am missing? I see there are two adjustments in the Game menu for the magnet but unsure of what each does.

#9824 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Common. Not sure there is any fix for it.

Thanks! I searched on "Magna" in this forum and saw some people experiencing it but mine rarely catches unless it is more of a glancing blow. I never saw a resolution and I guess this is why... there may not be one. That's kind of a bummer but compared to some others problems, I guess I will just be happy that's all I am fighting with.

#9836 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Thanks! I searched on "Magna" in this forum and saw some people experiencing it but mine rarely catches unless it is more of a glancing blow. I never saw a resolution and I guess this is why... there may not be one. That's kind of a bummer but compared to some others problems, I guess I will just be happy that's all I am fighting with.

I played more this morning and on mine it rarely catches it. Even glancing blows aren’t always caught. I would say 1 out of 10 get caught. I have seen video streams where it works way better for others. Luckily that magna grab isn’t a huge component of game play like destruction jackpot.

#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

If the magnet’s not working correctly, there may be a power issue. I’d check for loose/not fully seated pins inside the connector at the magnet and also at the node board.

I’ll check that but it works perfectly catching it for destruction jackpot and flipping it to the left ramp on building through shots. Just not reliable on the direct magna grab shots.

With that said, I will check the wiring and connections.

#9952 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Mine is 3/22 build also. Look flat but I'll check tonight.

Mine is a 3/31 build and it didn't show signs of warping as I rarely have rejects from anywhere that go SDTM. However, all this talk made me check it with a straight edge. Luckily, playfield seems very flat with the straight edge so no warping here.

#9955 1 year ago

I am probably picking nits now, but does anyone have inconsistent feeds to the upper flipper when you hit either the big loop or the heat ray center spinner shot? I watched enough streams where most machines will consistently feed just right of the upper flipper so you can make a big loop shot. The ball goes around, hugs the left wall of the left ramp shot and feeds right next to the upper flipper. On mine, a smaller percentage of shots will bounce away from the upper flipper making it hard for the flipper to reach it and make the big loop shot. I took this slow motion video and it seems that sometimes when the ball feeds from the big loop/center spinner shot, it slams into the left wall of the left ramp shot and rattles around a bit. This rattling sometimes makes it not hug that left wall and deflect away from the upper flipper.

I may be picking nits, but surely there is something that I can adjust, just not sure where to start. I was thinking the end of where the big loop/center spinner feeds the left ramp lane. It would seem that if it fed it on a more downward trajectory, it would hug the wall more easily.

Despite all of this, game plays great. Was able to rack up a high score of 1.8B in a week of ownership.

#9962 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First things first. Check your left to right level at the bottom and top of the playfield with a physical level (not an app). Godzilla is super-sensitive to level, so it needs to be dead on. A quarter turn of the leg leveler can make the difference between frustrating and fantastic play.
Once you have it level, if it's still doing this, there's a lane guide there right where the orbit comes out that you can reposition or tweak a little so it's more curved than straight to stop it from throwing the ball directly into the wall.

Well, I just played after adjusting level a little bit more to the left and it is better. The Godzilla multiball release is also a tad better now too. I just put up my highest score so I think I will leave it as is. This game is seriously awesome. Love the risk/reward aspect of destroying cities.
FCAA2A47-BE6F-42DB-BF66-71E52FD97CF1 (resized).jpegFCAA2A47-BE6F-42DB-BF66-71E52FD97CF1 (resized).jpeg

#9997 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Alright, feeling a little vulnerable this Friday...
According to Stern Insider, my average score on my GZ Pro is 104,963,657. This is after about 120(ish) games on the machine, but I certainly feel I could be doing better. My high score is around 640M.
Curious if others are willing to share what theirs is? I have the game setup with default settings (EBs, outlanes, feature specific settings, etc.), but have really been flirting with easing things up. I don't want to move the outlane posts (feels like cheating), but at the same time I don't feel like I'm even scratching the surface of this game yet.
Maybe I just need to chill out, and realize I'm not going to blow it up, three weeks into ownership. I mean, this is what makes a HUO game awesome, right?!?

32C2D798-85D9-44B9-B703-9EF67EAB8FE0 (resized).jpeg32C2D798-85D9-44B9-B703-9EF67EAB8FE0 (resized).jpeg
#10021 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

This is my first pin. Crazy amount of restarts, probably a bad habit to have.

Some of my best games were after a terrible first ball. With the number of extra balls that you can get in this game, 1 ball could end up being insignificant in the grand scheme.

2 weeks later
#10533 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Jesus Christ, The last time I asked ya’ll told me to shoot the scoop

In someone else’s defense, that isn’t exactly what was said.

EEE89EFD-0637-4E3E-B4F8-8757834EE985 (resized).jpegEEE89EFD-0637-4E3E-B4F8-8757834EE985 (resized).jpeg
#10666 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I do too. Extra Balls are nearly impossible to get so If I'm not set up for a good game by ball 3, reset.

Extra balls aren't really that hard to get if you focus on them. The following can be reasonably easy:
3 Saucers destroyed
10 Jet fighters destroyed
2 Kaiju battles won

Some of my best games were with a lousy first ball.

#10676 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is an EB awarded if you destroy 10 Jet fighters? I guess I haven't done that

Yes, it is. Something I always try to collect.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--extraballs

#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What's your high score?

6C2AA77C-5385-4670-9259-CFB79FAAF5D2 (resized).jpeg6C2AA77C-5385-4670-9259-CFB79FAAF5D2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Hi gang- having some opto issues on the left ramp - it looks like the sending opto isn't functioning- any idea if there are replacements available?

You can file a tickeet with Stern on their website. The opto for my Building VUK was acting flaky (sometimes not recognizing the ball). I had a spare opto pair at home to try. Once I confirmed that was a problem, I filed a ticket with Stern on 6/1. The next day, they confirmed they would be sending a replacement. The package is expected to arrive via UPS tomorrow on 6/8. One week turnaround.

You can also find them for order on pinball life and Marco. They are about $10 for the receiver and $10 for the transmitter.

#11317 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

This is a common issue. I removed the metal ramp and tried to bend it slightly so it’s sitting level left to right (eye balling it). Mine is better but still doesn’t make it through clean 100%. I would also spin your plunger rod with the playfield up, to make sure it is straight.

Also note that when you lift and reseat the playfield, you can misalign it. The playfield can move a bit left and right since the slot for the hooks is bigger than the hooks themselves. Every time I lift the playfield, I ensure it is such that the shooter rod is centered. Just a little bit off makes a difference.

2 weeks later
#11757 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Just noticed something on my Gz pro. The "attack bridge" insert flickers off any switch hit. I'm running the older .93 code was this an issue back? I'm going to start digging in to see if there's a ground short somewhere but figured I'd ask also

Mine does that on .96. Isn’t this by design? Switch hits build up to attack bridge being lit. I think it is just showing that progress.

2 weeks later
#12391 1 year ago

Coinboxes not secured must be the latest thing. I have received a few NIB Sterns in last 6 months and none of them were secured. Some had the clip in there but not secured and others had no sign of the clip altogether.

3 months later
#16085 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We are offering the bracket for $15 shipped on our website, but we are also happy to provide the STL file free of charge to those who want to print it themselves with a link provided below.
https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/abe-flips-godzilla-pinball-shooter-lane-fix
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxJ1k_FU1im58LOMSEHx5j7F2E8gFyDs/view?usp=sharing

Very cool. Looks like the STL file is requiring to request access (not a public share).

Edit: Link has been fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.