PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Zilla is King. @.80 code this thing is amazing! Wait until the code matures. This thing will be very hard to beat.
Yes Godzilla in my opinion is better then JJP POTC.

And in his presentation at Expo he said they have something planned for code that's a bit different than anything they've done before. Looking forward to it!!!

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any thought on the ball falling off the building drop straight down the center drain?other than leveling.

If it's a recurring issue and you don't want to change the pitch or level of the machine, then I'd say put one or two of these on the plastic to divert the balls:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-Self-Adhesive-Clear-Surface-Bumpers-16-per-Pack-49967/203661150

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just got my pro and set it up. Everything seems good except tail whips don't register (regular or 2x). Did switch test and both switches for the whip (top and bottom) register, but in gameplay rolling through the shot doesn't score a tail whip or skill shot (have played a half dozen games and bonus always shows 0 tail whips). Updated to version .80 code before playing first game. Anyone else experience this or have ideas of what might be going on?

I don’t have mine yet so just brainstorming, but is it the 2 rollover switches (one in the lane and one near the pop)? When you say they’re registering in switch test, did you push on them with your hand to test them or did you roll a ball through the lane to test them?

I’d start by going into switch test and using my hand to roll a ball through the lane and see if they both register as the ball goes over them. If one or both don’t register, you might need to slightly bend the switch arm so a ball rolling over it will register. Just a guess though.

#1725 2 years ago

Wow!!! Just got mine delivered and played the first game on it. I'd played a pro on location a few times but it was leaning hard right and I couldn't hear the music and callouts very well so I didn't have a great first feel for it then. Holy crap what a fun game! Best first game impression playing at home out of any of my machines, and I LOVE those other machines. Looking forward to playing the heck out of this thing!!!

#1778 2 years ago

“Good golly Miss Molly it’s a double jackpot.” I freakin’ love that callout.

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sorry I'm a little slow on this death ray.....what exactly launches? I feel like I'm missing something on this.

Nothing physically launches. If you hold the action button down long enough when it's lit, it will clear all the lit shots on the playfield.

#1844 2 years ago

Did a little bulletproofing today. I’m really happy with the steps Stern has taken over the last several games to change the design of the ball guides to minimize the chance of the ends scraping the playfield. In addition to putting Mylar in the shooter lane where the ball kicks out, I only found two spots on GZ that I thought might be a good places to protect. One is where the ends of two guides meet at the post by Ebirah. The other is the ends of the guides on either side of the magnet.

All the other spots where ends of the guides looked like they could take frequent hard hits seemed like they were nicely off the playfield. Nice that they put a protector at the scoop hole too.

2B8CBD13-2C88-45FD-8B8B-53E42C83AA6E (resized).jpeg2B8CBD13-2C88-45FD-8B8B-53E42C83AA6E (resized).jpeg6C6E8B90-000D-451E-985B-88F39327872C (resized).jpeg6C6E8B90-000D-451E-985B-88F39327872C (resized).jpeg

#1845 2 years ago

Borrowed an idea someone had come up with for Jurassic Park to make the lights on the signs pop to be more noticeable. Put cabinet dots over the lights.

Looks a lot better with the dots on both ramp signs & scoop sign compared to the lock lights where I don’t have them on.

4840AF0A-63A6-4DE0-81C6-0B3A0972EF46 (resized).jpeg4840AF0A-63A6-4DE0-81C6-0B3A0972EF46 (resized).jpeg5A4DFC43-5333-4151-8249-F75610978179 (resized).jpeg5A4DFC43-5333-4151-8249-F75610978179 (resized).jpeg
#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Is it intentional though? Seems it’s shouldn’t fly there but does.

Yeah but it’s a jump ramp sending the ball against a rounded surface, so it’s probably going to fly different directions sometimes.

This purely a guess here, but I’d guess they maybe didn’t design it intentionally that way but maybe since it’s a fighting game they thought it fit with the action and left it that way. Again, purely speculation.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Love the building, but ditch the Drake investment sign, it’s not needed and looks out of place.

I think it's a call out to Harrison Drake, the mechanical engineer at Stern who designed the building mech. I like that they have a little fun with something like that.

Same could be said for the Pinburgh carpet and TWIPY on the floors of the building. Gotta have a little fun with stuff sometimes.

#1944 2 years ago

Gameplay question: Several times now during Godzilla Multiball a ball (and sometimes two balls) will be caught and held by the magnet on Mechagodzilla. I can't tell if it's awarding any jackpot for this or if there's anything significant to shoot for when this happens, or if it's just the add-a-ball happening. It's pretty cool, especially when two balls are hanging there like on the backboard of Stranger Things.

Anyone know if something is going on scoring-wise when this happens? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Tiltforums rule sheet.

#1952 2 years ago

Just noticed this plastic by the bridge rests against the inner art blades with the playfield in. Probably a bit of a risk for it to scrape the art blade when lifting the playfield up. I’ll probably look to enlarge the screw hole on the plastic a bit so it can pivot that end away from the art blade.

Edit. Only one screw holding it in so was able to unscrew it and straighten the plastic.

46CD445C-6FFF-475E-B942-51F2EB33A46C (resized).jpeg46CD445C-6FFF-475E-B942-51F2EB33A46C (resized).jpeg

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

They sell art protectors. Thick plastic. Must have item to lift playfield.

Yep I have them. Just wanted to alert people to check that spot before lifting the playfield if they don’t have them. Also just a good idea to check it straighten it if necessary just in case.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just got to tank battle, seems incomplete. Hit all the tank shots, but then it wasn’t clear what to hit, nothing really flashing.
Also got to one of the monster pair up battles, same thing, hit the flashing shots then nothing.
Guessing it’s just the code isn’t complete.

Did you shoot the jackpot at the lit Maser Cannon?

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is it just me and Rarehero with the upper flipper loop issue on LEs? Can anyone get a bunch of continuous loops or does the ball leave the path?

I just hit 11 consecutive in a game. With the entrance to the loop being so wide I think shots are going to enter the loop with a variety of speeds and trajectories, so some will hug the rail, some will come away from it a little, and a few may come away from it a lot. It just depends on the speed and trajectory of each shot.

So to me it doesn’t seem like repeating the loop is a “gimme” in the design. Seems like if you’re sometimes able to get it to hug the rail and sometimes not then it’s probably playing as designed. If it’s just never hugging the rail then there could be an alignment issue somewhere.

On mine I can often get 2 or 3 loops in a row. For me hitting more than three is difficult. I’ll occasionally get 4 and rarely 5. For me it takes a pretty clean 1st shot and then really consistent following shots to do more than three either because I eventually miss the loop or I hit one in a way that enters the loop differently and throws off the rhythm, timing, and trajectory.

On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.

037D90E8-0E9B-43DF-B244-5F4825509878 (resized).jpeg037D90E8-0E9B-43DF-B244-5F4825509878 (resized).jpeg
#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just hit 11 consecutive in a game. With the entrance to the loop being so wide I think shots are going to enter the loop with a variety of speeds and trajectories, so some will hug the rail, some will come away from it a little, and a few may come away from it a lot. It just depends on the speed and trajectory of each shot.
So to me it doesn’t seem like repeating the loop is a “gimme” in the design. Seems like if you’re sometimes able to get it to hug the rail and sometimes not then it’s probably playing as designed. If it’s just never hugging the rail then there could be an alignment issue somewhere.
On mine I can often get 2 or 3 loops in a row. For me hitting more than three is difficult. I’ll occasionally get 4 and rarely 5. For me it takes a pretty clean 1st shot and then really consistent following shots to do more than three either because I eventually miss the loop or I hit one in a way that enters the loop differently and throws off the rhythm, timing, and trajectory.
On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.[quoted image]

… but for some reason Insider Connected doesn’t seem to have a record of the game where I just hit 11 consecutive even though I was logged in.

A3D182EA-2B94-4A66-9A97-4E45284A057B (resized).pngA3D182EA-2B94-4A66-9A97-4E45284A057B (resized).png
#2335 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does anyone think the audio is a little less clear than other stern games? Not from a hardware standpoint but the music/call outs seem like they aren’t quite as crisp sounding as I’m used to. I do play with headphones BTW

I'd like to know what people use as audio settings on the stock LE speakers also. On my JP LE I changed them to match what someone suggested in this post quoted below. I changed my Godzilla to these settings and to me it sounded better than it did before I changed it, but it would be great to hear what other people suggest as good settings also.

Quoted from kpg:

Sure - feel free to adjust from my settings to you specific preferences, but I found these to sound great on my LE. I'd imagine similar settings on any model should improve the audio but I can't confirm that of course:
{latest code 1.0}
Fade: -2
8ohm backbox and cab speaker (default on LE)
Backbox Bass Gain: +7.875 dB
Backbox Treble Gain: +9 dB
Cab Bass Gain: +7.5 dB
Can Treble Gain: +9.75 dB
I keep my volume at 26, any higher any there would likely need to be adjustments. But this sounds loud and much better than factory settings for sure.

#2452 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I tried these settings - Godzilla LE main speakers are default 4ohm…changing the setting to 8ohm makes a huge difference in clarity & quality. The other settings though, made the highs waaay too high - hurt my ears a bit actually.

Any thoughts/ideas on what settings to adjust to bring the highs down? I don't really know what each setting does for the sound.

I also tried switching the audio filter to the 10-band equalizer and setting them in a downward V, but that seemed to take most of the bass out. There's got to be a happy medium there somewhere.

#2719 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I was going to put leg protectors. You think it’s ok if it hits the armor?
[quoted image]

It’s your machine so of course do what you feel most comfortable doing. I have over 13,000 balls played on my JP and over 7,500 balls played on my AIQ with no protectors. No issues at all on either one. I’d think GZ should be the same.

#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

New Code
Pro – v0.81.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Godzilla+Pro
Premium – v0.81.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Godzilla+Premium
Limited Edition – v0.81.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Godzilla+LE
V0.81.0 - November 17th, 2021
=============================
- Stability - fixed an issue where the game would occasionally crash when hitting a Skill Shot or returning to the Mainplay background
- Saucer Attack - added an Extra Ball by destroying 3 Flying Saucers
- Saucer Attack Multiball - added this new mode which lights at the pop bumper by destroying 5 Flying Saucers
- Bridge Attack - adding new display effect of Godzilla attacking the Bridge
- Bridge Attack Multiball - adding new display effects for Intro, Jackpots, and Super Jackpot
- Jet Fighter Attack - keep GI on during intro light show to improve visibility
- Jet Fighter Attack - fixed an issue where Jet Fighter Hurry Ups were resetting to 2X the reset value during Rodan playfield multiplier causing the awards to be multiplied twice
- Advance Train - can now be lit by shooting the Scoop
- Super Train - now cannot be stacked with a Battle Mode or Multiball
- Destruction Jackpot - no longer resetting the Jackpot Value on a ball drain by default (can be changed still in adjustments)
- Destruction Jackpot - no longer lit by completing multiballs
- Destruction Jackpot - no longer a 1X increment on Destruction Jackpot collect
- Destruction Jackpot - 5% of the awards in following modes adds to Jackpot Value: Kaiju Battles, Tesla Strike, Tank Attack Multiball, Bridge Attack Multiball, Monster Rampage, and Jet Fighter Attack
- Destruction Jackpot - 3% of the awards in following modes adds to Jackpot Value: Godzilla Multiball and Mechagodzilla Multiball
- Destruction Jackpot - completing City Objectives (Tanks, Raid, Bridge, Power) will light Destruction Jackpot at Building and boost Jackpot Value by 1M permanently
- Destruction Jackpot - Jackpot Value base is now 5M
- Destruction Jackpot - advancing to a new City collects and resets Destruction Jackpot to it's base value and increments the Destruction Jackpot Multiplier by 1X
- Destruction Jackpot - fixed an issue where Destruction Jackpot Value increment was including the playfield multiplier into calculation causing awards to be multiplied twice
- Godzilla Magnet - now using high and low magnet grab parameters based on the importance of catching the shot
- Magna Grab - fixed an issue where aborting from pressing both flippers would not multiply the loops by 2X
- Building Stepper - keep the motor powered off in situations where someone may be maintaining the machine
- Building Locks - only allow Godzilla Multiball locks when a VUK kick has happened
- Godzilla Multiball - improved the background videos that are shown during this mode to give more variety
- Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue where Final Chance timedown + Anguirus Add-A-Ball use was not restarting the mode properly
- Tank Attack Multiball - adding "Tank Attack Multiball Is Lit" display effect when the Scoop becomes lit
- Godzilla vs. Titanosaurus - fixed an issue where the Maser Cannon shot was not lighting up properly
- Monster Rampage - increased increment after each Jackpot from 1M to 1.25M
- Allies - added a new video when Anguirus is awarded at the Scoop that is different from the one that is displayed when Add-A-Ball is used
- Shoot Again - changed video to be Jet Jaguar / Godzilla themed
- Extra Ball - fixed an issue where sound would sometimes cut out on Extra Ball display effect sounds
- Extra Ball - fixed an issue where the display effects sounds would not get stopped at the same time as the video
- City Backgrounds - updated city graphics and added icons and text for the status of each City Objective (Tanks, Raid, Bridge, Power)
- City Backgrounds - added panning and zooming for New York, London, and Paris
- City Backgrounds - fixed an issue where the background would have a graphical glitch with at dark black area in the center of the city
- City Inserts - changed how the New York, London, Paris, Tokyo inserts are lit
- City Inserts - City insert is pulsing when Tier1 Battle won (Godzilla controls City)
- City Inserts - City insert is blinking when it's the current City
- City Inserts - City insert is lit when the Tier1 Battle was lost (Monster controls City)
- City Inserts - City insert is off when the City is not started yet
- Kaiju Battles - added "Battle Is Lit" display effect when Scoop becomes lit
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles are now locked into the City you chose them in
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles can now be progressed to "light ally" to unlock the Tier2 modes
- Battle Select - Selecting a Tier2 Battle before completing a Tier1 will surrender the city to the monster who controls it
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles that are controlled by Godzilla are marked with a Godzilla Footprint Icon and are no longer selectable
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles that are controlled by a Monster show the text of what city that Monster controls and are no longer selectable
- Battle Select - when only one selection is available the screen will "Auto Select" the choice for you
- Battle Select - fixing an issue where you could lock in a Battle before the choices appear
- Battle Select - fixing an issue where Godzilla vs. Ebirah would still report 3/4 after having completed the mode
- City Select - improved background graphics and changed text layout and animations
- City Select - now awards a City Bonus when entering a new City
- City Select - add flipper timer increment so it doesn't timeout unless you are not selecting
- City Combos - added unique City Combos to each of the four cities
- End of Ball Bonus - improved light show
- High Score To Date - added Loop Champion to attract mode loop
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- Shaker Motor - adding more shaker motor effects synced with many of the display effects
- Score Frame - fixing an issue with "FREE PLAY" text in other languages not scaling properly
- Attract Mode - adding Tutorial videos to the attract mode loop
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "UPPER LEFT FLIPPER POWER" default from 160 to 168, max is now 185
- changed "LOOP CHAMPION" default from 5 to 3, min is now 2
- changed "DESTRUCTION JACKPOT BASE SCORE" default from 3.5M to 5M
- changed "DEST. JACKPOT RESET ON DRAIN" default from YES to NO
- removed "DEST. JACKPOT BUILD PERCENT" see above notes for modes / percentages that contribute to Destruction Jackpot
- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

New Destruction Jackpot rules look pretty good. Can't wait to play this update!!!

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Got to play Godzilla for the first time, put in maybe 10 games total. My initial feeling was "this is the best first ball of any game I've ever played". I'm shocked at how much I loved it. I figured I would but... wow!
Would I be accurate in saying that the code is not as deep as Avengers or JP, but deeper than IMDN? That's how it felt to me but I never watched a tutorial or read anything about it (I wanted to be surprised).
I prefer deep rulesets. I love Avengers for that reason. I'm finding Godzilla to be a very simplified Elwin game so it's kind of disappointing in that regard but maybe I'm wrong? What do you guys and gals think?

I think it's too early in code to make a good judgement about the rules and depth. But, even at this stage I think it's looking like the finished product will be plenty deep and a ton of fun.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there ever a reason you want to hit next to the building that makes it drain stdm some of the time? I don’t see it registering or qualifying anything.

In normal game mode it lights Advance Train (square purple insert in front of the left ramp). Get enough trains and it starts train loops.

During GZ multiball hitting that lane instead of going through the front of the building gives you 2x Super Jackpot instead of regular SJ.

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think you are missing a part here. I am pretty sure there should be no hole for the ball to get stuck.
[quoted image]

You don’t have this gap on yours under plastic #59?

351BD804-352F-4852-9338-6455DDD23E19 (resized).jpeg351BD804-352F-4852-9338-6455DDD23E19 (resized).jpeg
#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Not sure how long it took, honestly...mostly that I turned it the machine on and it was ready when I actually check shortly after.
I will say this about the update though, not sure if referenced before, but when it reboots for the update and for the final restart, the speakers let out a loud screech type noise. Not sure if thats normal or avoidable.

Yep, sounded like someone blowing one of those kids party noisemakers.

#3018 2 years ago

So one minor “complaint” about code/rules.

It’s a lot of fun to work to get Gigan started together with jets and also with lock lit so the building is down and you can just loop the right ramp for both Gigan and jet shots. So it’s a bummer if Gigan ends first and the building raises for Destruction JP while you’re still going after a couple more jets.

Seems like it might be nice for the Destruction JP light to wait until no other modes are running.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except while you can loop the tight ramp repeatedly- you will not get combo values for it.
Destruction jp is worth more now than your free jets shots. Make the upper spinner instead

True about the combos, but 10 jets gets an extra ball too. Also, Destruction JP being lit doesn't time out so I like doing both by finishing jets and then moving on to still get DJP.

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not sure I'm ever going to top this one!!!
What a blast!
[quoted image]

Awesome score!!!

1 week later
#3752 2 years ago

Not sure I'm ever going to top this one!!!
What a blast!
[quoted image]

I finally got to 1B and felt like it took everything I had to get there. Lol, I’m almost 1/2 way to you WizardsCastle !!!

90711161-715D-497A-BE19-95AF80417948 (resized).jpeg90711161-715D-497A-BE19-95AF80417948 (resized).jpeg
#3826 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Folks, I'm starting to tweak up my machine to deal with small annoyances. Occasionally, when the ball is dropping out of the ramp to the right flipper, it bounced back at the end, rather than hitting the end and dropping through straight away.
I'm not seeing an obvious adjustment on the ramp (other than the nut that allows you to center it on the lane)
Is there a trick for this sort of adjustment?

What pitch are you set up at? I initially had my game a bit steeper than I do now, and I was getting some bounce back off the end of that wire. After I lowered pitch (not because of the bounce back) it wasn’t happening anymore.

#3941 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was discussing with someone about Godzilla rules, it seems to me like there is a bit less to do in Godzilla than JP as far as numbers of modes and mini Wizard modes. (If you consider each paddock as a different mode).
There is plenty to do in Godzilla but overall it feels somewhat shallow when compared to some games like SW others, more like DP seems to me.
Do you agree?

I don't agree. I think Jurassic Park is a great game. I think Godzilla is a great game. And I think the great thing about both is that they're pretty different from each other while being fun and offering plenty of depth in different ways. As with anything, it just depends on what style of game you like or don't like so you may end up liking one more than another. But even in the way you're looking at it, I'm not seeing how the Godzilla total is falling short of JP even in early GZ code.

In JP you're trying to play 3 Control Room modes, 4 T-Rex Events, and play through 4 to 7 paddocks depending on the path you take. Each set you complete has a mini-wizard mode and if you play through all of them you get to play Escape Nublar (forget about WDRTE cuz you have to BEAT the other wizard modes to get there). It also has Pternandon attack to play and KOTI multiball if you capture Spino. The total for all that is 17-20 things to play depending on how many paddocks you go through.

So far in Godzilla there are 4 cities where there are 4 modes to play (Raid, Bridge, Tank, and Power) in each city. That alone is 16 tasks to complete. Plus there are the three Level II battles as well as the Train and Jet Fighter modes, and there are inserts for at least 3 mini-wizard/wizard modes. Total for all that is 24 things to play.

So even if you're just going to do a very simplistic comparison between the games by counting main modes and side modes to play in the game, it seems to me that the count in Godzilla code already compares to JP.

#3976 2 years ago

If Godzilla multiball starts while the Ebirah battle is running, it seems like hitting the Mecha spinner becomes impossible because the targets turn to face the flipper instead of the spinner ramp. So unless you hit the Mecha spinner before starting GZ MB you can’t complete the battle (unless GZ MB ends while there’s still time left in the battle and the ramp faces the flipper again).

Is that what others are seeing happen also or am I missing something?

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Non-owner with a question on the mode/game programming, not on how it shoots.
Is the gameplay in Godzilla more story based or more random mode based? I am considering a few pins (like Godzilla) and am trying to find a game with more of a story progression than a random mode progression.
For example,
In Jurassic Park (also by Elwin), you start out at the beginning and work through paddocks progressively until you hit the wizard mode, with side missions (like control room) on the way. Lord of the Rings has a solid story progression as well.
In Black Knight Sword of Rage, you fight monsters in modes seemingly at random until you fight the wizard mode. Same with Rick and Morty.
I know it is fun and I should get one, but I'm looking for something specific and have not gotten much time on one yet.
Thanks!

I think it feels more story based than random. So far in early code it's you as Godzilla going to a city and battling a monster as well as running three other modes/tasks to achieve total destruction of the city. If you leave a city before defeating the monster then you've given up control of the city to that monster without a way to regain it. In each city you get to choose which monster you fight, and then you get to choose whether to stay in that city or move on to a different city. As code develops further I'd guess there will be risk/reward factors in deciding whether to stay in a city or move on to a different one.

It of course depends on what you'd consider more story based vs. random play, but for me I'd say with these rules it's more of a story based approach.

#3994 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Question about super trains since it seems like it is the current scoring exploit for the game. You can light super train by hitting the left turnaround next to the building and I believe you can light it after hitting the bridge when bridge destruction is lit. I read that you can light it as well from the scoop but that doesn't seem as consistent. Are there any other ways?
Do you need to get the building lock lit so that it drops and you can keep hitting the right ramp with a return back to the left flipper or does the building automatically go to that position when you activate super trains?

Building automatically goes to that position when the mode starts. Scoop does light Train consistently when you hit it.

#4096 2 years ago

Looking forward to some more interesting achievements being added.
A couple mid-level ones that come to mind would be full comboing the gigan and megalon modes.
Ideas for others?

Some combo achievements would be fun. Last night I thought I saw something pop up on my screen that said "City Combo" or something like that. I only got a glance at it though. I think it popped up after I hit the inner loop, outer loop, and tail whip shots in a row but I'm not sure.

I think a fun combo achievement would be right ramp, left ramp, inner loop, outer loop, tail whip.

1 week later
#4675 2 years ago

I usually start by lighting lock to lower the building. As part of lighting lock I hit the right ramp a few times to get 3 jets on the right inlane. Then I start Gigan and loop the right ramp for the battle. Jets ends up running at the same time so hitting the right ramp gets you both a jets shot and a Gigan shot.

I try to not start GZ multiball until I'm done with Gigan though. Instead I try to finish Gigan, then move cities to start Titanosaurus and start GZ MB in that battle since the MB action helps with hitting the 3rd target and the Maser cannon. If I haven't hit the 3rd target in the MB then I use Angirus to try again or use the Heat Ray to clear the shot.

After Titanosaurus an ally is lit, so if you can hit the scoop to start 2x and get a Level II battle started then there's a chance for some pretty good points. Lol, it's all easier said than done though. Such a fun game!!!!

#4834 2 years ago

Wow, looks like a great update! Love the incentives to play modes in a city and also to finish battles (with destruction JP only incrementing if Godzilla controls the city). EB's for Rampage shots and city combos too!!! Can't wait to fire it up!

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Strategy question:
What are the benefits of staying in the same city (besides completing a mode if not finished)? It seems like it’s best to always switch.

I'm guessing that in future updates completing all four tasks in a city will get some benefit for scoring.

#4869 2 years ago

I really like the way they changed the Trains mode. I liked the mode a lot originally and was worried they'd change it too much because of the scoring exploit to just loop right ramp, but I think they nailed it with the way they changed it for this update. I hit 9 ramps in a row and it was really cool to have to switch and hit the left ramp in the middle of the streak. Amazing how they made a great mode and a great game even better with this update!

#4874 2 years ago

For city combos, anyone else having trouble with the Tokyo city combos not being awarded? I tried practicing the combos and was hitting Tokyo #1 & #2 at the start of the game in Tokyo but they weren't being awarded. Then I lit battle and started a battle in Tokyo & hit both combos again and they still weren't awarded.

So I took the glass off and played with it a bit. Seems like Tokyo combos won't register either before or after starting the first battle. Once you switch cities then the combos for the city you switch to will register. But since you can't go back to Tokyo after you leave it seems like Tokyo city combos can't be awarded. I sent in a bug report e-mail but I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing happen.

#5031 2 years ago

Just got 157M on the new .85 version of Super Trains. Had the left ramp JP up to over 48M in it. In the same game I set a new GC at 1.3B and played Saucer MB for the first time too.

Saucer Mb was a lot of fun. Had cool lighting and a fun mode to shoot. Hit a couple JPs in it. Such a fun game!

2139103F-4CF5-475C-88B1-AC3D4F4D80D8 (resized).jpeg2139103F-4CF5-475C-88B1-AC3D4F4D80D8 (resized).jpeg7C7D3250-3BEE-42AA-9205-18FE784502A5 (resized).jpeg7C7D3250-3BEE-42AA-9205-18FE784502A5 (resized).jpeg

#5033 2 years ago

Heard a great call out when I played last night that I hadn’t heard before. I forget the exact way it was worded but it was something like “So you got up this morning and thought yeah pinball sounds good today?” I’m sure I just butchered it writing it here but I was cracking up when I heard it.

#5160 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I just got an LE and have been reading about the building collapse diverting balls onto different ramps. Mine just dribbles them STDM single file every time. I'm currently running .85 code. Anyone know why the building is doing this? Thanks.

It seems like you might be confusing two different things. If the building changes levels by one level during gameplay (lock is lit) then the balls divert to different ramps.

When the building collapses to start multiball the balls are released out the front toward the flippers.

1 week later
#5615 2 years ago

After over 1,300 balls played on mine I rotated all three stock black flipper rubbers 1/4 turn today. Pretty amazing how that (plus playfield cleaning) adds some zip back into the ball coming off the flippers.

#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Can someone explain the "changing ball paths" for the building? Does this mean that when two or more people are playing, it raises to let a ball out the side? Or does it mean , that when the building lowers for a multiball, it spills the balls out from various places like behind, to the left and right, etc. I saw a video doing this, but mine just lowers and dumps them all from the upper middle at the same time. Thanks.

Answered here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/104#post-6671055

When lock is not lit right ramp feeds right flipper & left ramp feeds left flipper. When lock is lit building lowers by 1 floor so right ramp feeds left flipper & left ramp feeds right flipper. Lock lit means building shots go up to roof, then when 3rd ball locked building falls and balls are released forward to the flippers. Maybe try taking the glass off and rolling the shots by hand to get a quick feel for how it works.

#5687 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'm kind of beyond flipper fade. Tonight during a multiball after playing it for about a half hour, the lower flippers had to be hit perfectly to even get the ball to the top of the playfield, let alone up a ramp etc. Anything not center-hit on the flipper just trickled up lazily maybe 6-12" and then back down...really starting to bug me. My LE is stock and I'm wondering if there's a fix for this since it seems people are getting mixed results installing new coils,fans, etc.

Some things you can look at for flipper power questions:

1) What pitch is your game set at? If it's higher than about 6.7 or 6.8 then maybe try lowering it a bit.
2) Try bumping up the left flipper power setting a bit. I bumped mine up by 5 from default.
3) Check the rivets on your coil stops to see if they're loose
4) Rotate the flipper rubbers 1/4 turn and clean the playfield
5) Check left to right level of game

The right ramp isn't a super difficult shot but it isn't super easy either. Being a bit off line on it will cause a miss that comes back down. Flipper fade likely isn't the issue after just 1/2 hour of play.

#5708 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ll check mine, but that bend looks intentional to me. Without it, loop shots would crush that building.

Quoted from PinMonk:

On my Pro that metal is flat against the backboard.

Quoted from El_Patron:

Mine is the same, but not sure if it is progressing or if it came like that. I don't think much can be done other than a major effort.
[quoted image]

Mine has the metal guide flat against the backboard. Maybe there was design change to make it overlap after initial production?

#5726 2 years ago

I posted the original photo with the orbit guide. My machine is a pro with production date October 5. Trying to follow what folks are saying here (first time pin owner): is it that newer models were built differently to correct a possible problem I have?

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a problem. I don’t know if one way plays better than another or if they both play pretty much the same.

I was just curious after seeing your post so I thought I’d post to share a data point for comparison. I haven’t noticed any issue with how my orbit plays, but it could be that I just don’t know any different. Mine is a late October build.

1E01F6C9-2CA1-499E-9662-0C1621E31FBB (resized).jpeg1E01F6C9-2CA1-499E-9662-0C1621E31FBB (resized).jpeg
#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Late night. Still too early for me to try all of the suggestions, but I did notice that the return spring was very weak. The soldered connection looked good, was working fine until all of a sudden a big drop off in power.

I had what might be a similar issue on my Jurassic Park. Game would start out fine with auto launch strength but then the launcher power would start to get crazy weak after a very short time. I powered down and then turned it back on awhile later. Same thing happened - started out fine then progressively got way weaker.

At first I replaced the coil sleeve and jiggled on the coil plunger and that fixed it. But then about a week later it happened again. So that time I jiggled & pushed on & reseated all the connection points from the coil to the board and it instantly went back to being 100% strength. It must have been a loose connection somewhere along that line causing it, but I don't know for sure which spot was the issue since I pushed on them all before testing it again. It fixed the issue though, and it's never happened again since then.

If this is similar to what you're experiencing then I'd suggest working a bit on each connection point from the auto launcher to the board to see if it resolves. Here's a post I made about it in the JP forum:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/93#post-5491214

1 week later
#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Not sure I understand your comment. I installed mine, as well, and it's been fantastic! Drops right to the left flipper. Doesn't interfere with anything else. Care to explain? What am I missing here?

I think he might be referring to the possibility of damaging the building if you hit it with a shot while it's between floors before it's had a chance to get to it's next set position for shots.

I don't understand the big deal about balls going to the drain off the Godzilla multiball start. For me, I don't want a big cluster traffic jam of balls in front of the flipper when I'm trying to hit my first shots in the multiball. On mine the balls go to the edge of the left flipper, but I let all but the last one drain so I can get a cleaner shot off to start it out. If all three went to the drain I wouldn't care.

And, if I'm interpreting correctly that what Keith wrote means the delay for balls going to the drain also helps protect the building a bit as it changes levels, then so much the better.

#6413 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I really don’t feel it detracts from the experience whatsoever and I’m always a little surprised at the attention this gets. I wish someone from Stern would just come out and say what the deal is once and for all.

Just a few posts back the designer of the game pretty much said what the deal is.

Quoted from sk8ball:

You'll find out why the first time you one-time it into the building or to one of the exposed ramp exits upon ball drop

#6473 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Guys.
A little help please. What is the tube of magnalube for? It came with the game
[quoted image]

Was previously answered here. Just needed to search keyword magnalube in this forum.

Quoted from cistearns:

I reached out to Stern about the Magnalube included in the goodie bag.
[quoted image]

#6481 2 years ago

Lol, Pinside when a game doesn't have much licensed video in it: "They should have licensed a bunch of video and put it in the game. The game needs more video."

Pinside when a game has a bunch of great licensed video in it: "They need to let us skip the video. It's too much."

#6495 2 years ago

when your ball save and megalon timers are timing out, yeah you do

Keith Elwin has addressed this before going back at least to Jurassic Park. He's said that if you don't want a timer to run out then don't hit it where the ball is going to be held. It's part of the challenge on his games. Like any designer or or artist there are things you think will like about the way a game plays and things you might not like so much. So you need to decide if what like outweighs what you don't like for keeping it around.

I think overall this game is great. Great layout, seems like the final rules and code are on their way to being great, and great music and video & callouts. Is it going to be great in every category for everyone's taste? Of course not, because people's preferences vary. That's why people should look to get machines they enjoy playing and that will be different for everyone. But overall I don't think there's much arguing that the entire package on this game is pretty darn good.

#6496 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

have you played it?

Over 1600 balls played on the one in my basement, and 99% of those are me playing it. So yeah I have a bit of mileage on it.

I just feel like for how great this machine is overall the nitpicking whining in this forum is a bit over the top. "When I miss a ramp the ball goes SDTM". "When I leave the orbit shot short the ball goes back to the outlane." "We can't double flip to cancel every video clip" even though it's early code.

Like I just posted above, is the game perfect and will it be perfect for everyone's taste? No, but no game will be 100% great for everyone because tastes vary. I guess when I play a machine that has a little something I wish was different I just take it for what it is instead of shaking my fist at the sky crying "Whyyyyyyyyyyy is it like this?!!!!"

There are so many aspects to a pinball machine (layout, rules, music, video, callouts, mechs, art, etc.) that I guess I don't feel like it's worth obsessing over any one little nit. But, again, people's feelings vary and there's no right or wrong to it. Just my thoughts.

1 week later
#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

For those of us who purchased your original towers but haven’t installed them, can we return them for the stronger towers? I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee for the exchange.

Lol and it begins. I was wondering how long it would take for a post like this to appear. I don’t have the mod so I don’t have any feeling about it one way or the other, just as a reader of the thread knew the question had to pop up soon.

#6955 2 years ago

Wow! Wizard mode, combos (and secret combos), skill shots, control perks... Awesome! Can't wait to fire this one up!!!!

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Can someone remind me how to pull in new code. I am running version 0.80 and just connected to the internet today. The Wi-Fi test works fine, but when I go to find new code, it says I am up to date with 0.80.

Go into the menu system and choose "Net" then scroll down to "Software Update". Click on that and it will search for new code. Then click install now.

#7025 2 years ago

So much awesomeness in this update. Great new callouts, sound effects, and clips too. That goat clip before battle select made me LOL.

#7067 2 years ago

This is such a fun game to play. I’d avoided knowing anything about Planet X until playing it myself. Played a couple games this afternoon only focused on making it to that mode, got there, and beat it first time sight unseen! Such a fun mode to play and a great callout/video clip at the end of it.

D710D5DE-C317-4E42-8BAF-EF2227D2447B (resized).jpegD710D5DE-C317-4E42-8BAF-EF2227D2447B (resized).jpeg49B7B469-BB91-4CAE-9A84-EEBA36B9053F (resized).jpeg49B7B469-BB91-4CAE-9A84-EEBA36B9053F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7764 2 years ago

New Code!!!

V0.91.0 - February, 17th, 2022
- Godzilla Multiball - Jackpot value only increased by 25K instead of 50K for building hits
- Godzilla Multiball - Jackpot value only increased by 50K instead of 125K for building through shots
- Godzilla Multiball - Jackpot boosting for subsequent multiballs reduced from 500K to 250K
- Tesla Strike - mode is now ended if you select to travel to a new City when it is currently running
- Annihilation Bonus - adding "ANNIHILATION DRAIN BASE AMOUNT" adjustment which is what the mode total will reset to for Annihilation Bonuses after draining
- Annihilation Bonus - fixed an issue with Bonuses not ever contributing multipliers after you drain out of them when starting them again in a new city
- Annihilation Bonus - fixed an issue with Annihilation multiplier not being applied properly sometimes
- Annihilation Bonus - Bonuses are now active during all Tier 2 battle modes
- Saucer Attack - added Destruction Jackpot +1X + Light Destruction Jackpot at 20 and 30 Saucer threshold
- Saucer Attack - 2 second grace period added
- Saucer Attack Multiball - updating intro video to include Xilien popup and better starting choreography
- Heat Ray - fixed an issue where pressing and holding the Action Button when the ball is draining will sometimes allow you to hold the button and keep the game from ending
- City Select - fixed an issue when playing a Tier 2 mode and completing it before completing a Tier 1 mode causes a Rematch message to be shown when a Rematch is no longer possible
- Super Train - now only allowed once per game, and 50M points are awarded for future thresholds
- Planet X - flippers are now killed when the Xiliens are defeated when shooting into the scoop, Victory phase will begin by launching balls out of the trough again
- Planet X - fixed an issue where the Award and Jackpot light shows were hiding the active shots
- Planet X - fixed an issue where the music would cut out randomly in the Victory phase
- Planet X - fixed an issue where the Xilien transmission would be seen again if you win the Victory phase
- Planet X - removed the Xilien callouts in the Victory phase
- Imposter Battle - fixed an issue where it could be triggered more than once per lighting
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effect to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game

- High Score Champions - added the following high score champions:
- JET FIGHTER DESTROYER
- TESLA STRIKE CHAMPION
- POWERLINE ANNIHILATION CHAMPION
- TANK ATTACK MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- TANK ANNIHILATION CHAMPION
- BRIDGE ATTACK MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- BRIDGE ANNIHILATION CHAMPION
- GODZILLA, MOTHRA, AND RODAN VS. KING GHIDORAH CHAMPION
- GODZILLA AND JET JAGUAR VS. MEGALON AND GIGAN CHAMPION
- GODZILLA AND ANGUIRUS VS. GHIDORAH AND GIGAN CHAMPION
- DESTRUCTION JACKPOT CHAMPION
- CARNAGE BONUS CHAMPION
- MONSTER RAMPAGE CHAMPION
- SAUCER DESTROYER
- SAUCER ATTACK MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- EARTH BONUS CHAMPION
- PLANET X MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- HEDORAH CHAMPION
- TAIL WHIP CHAMPION
- ALLY CHAMPION
- MOTHRA CHAMPION
- RODAN CHAMPION
- ANGUIRUS CHAMPION
- HEAT RAY CHAMPION
- TRAIN CHAMPION
- SUPER TRAIN CHAMPION
- TRAIN JACKPOT CHAMPION
- LOOP CHAMPION
- CONSECUTIVE LOOP CHAMPION
- UNIQUE SKILL SHOT CHAMPION
- CITY COMBO CHAMPION
- SECRET COMBO CHAMPION
- IMPOSTER BATTLE CHAMPION

- Insider Connected - added the following Achievements:
- Skill Shot - Make the Skill Shot
- Mecha Skill Shot - Make a Mecha Lane Skill Shot
- Secret Skill Shot - Make a Secret Skill Shot
- Super Secret Skill Shot - Make the Super Secret Skill Shot
- Rage Combo - Complete a Rage Combo
- King Ghidorah Win - Score 100 Million+ in Battle vs. King Ghidorah
- King Ghidorah Big Win - Score 500 Million+ in Battle vs. King Ghidorah
- Megalon and Gigan Win - Score 30 Million+ in Battle vs Megalon and Gigan
- Megalon and Gigan Big Win - Score 100 Million+ in Battle vs. Megalon and Gigan
- Ghidorah and Gigan Win - Score 100 Million+ in Battle vs. Ghidorah and Gigan
- Ghidorah and Gigan Big Win - Score 500 Million+ in Battle vs. Ghidorah and Gigan
- Bridge Attack Multiball - Super Get a Super Jackpot in Bridge Attack Multiball
- Saucer Attack - Destroy a Saucer
- Double Saucer Attack - Destroy 2 Saucers at once using an alley pass to the pop bumper
- Saucer Attack Multiball - Start Saucer Attack Multiball
- Saucer Attack Multiball Saucer Jackpot - Get a Saucer Jackpot in Saucer Attack Multiball
- Saucer Destroyer - Bronze - Destroy 15 Saucers - Lifetime
- Saucer Destroyer - Silver - Destroy 50 Saucers - Lifetime
- Saucer Destroyer - Gold - Destroy 100 Saucers - Lifetime
- Planet X Start - Start Planet X Multiball
- Planet X Complete - Complete Planet X Multiball
- Planet X Victory Complete - Complete Victory phase of Planet X
- City Combo - Collect a City Combo
- City Combo Set - Collect all the City Combos in one city
- 5 City Combos - Collect 5 City Combos in a single game
- All City Combos - Collect all the City Combos in all the cities
- City Combos - Bronze - Collect 10 City Combos - Lifetime
- City Combos - Silver - Collect 25 City Combos - Lifetime
- City Combos - Gold - Collect 50 City Combos - Lifetime
- Secret Combo - Collect a Secret Combo
- All Secret Combos - Collect all 10 Secret Combos in a single game
- Imposter Battle - Level 1 - Collect an Imposter Battle award
- Imposter Battle - Level 3 - Collect 3 Imposter Battle awards in a single game

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "ANNIHILATION DRAIN BASE AMOUNT" default:20M min:10M max:100M
- added default score / count adjustments for new high score champions above

- System - Updated to V3.07.0 on OS: V2.6.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.84.0

1 week later
#8082 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I know everyone with premiums and LEs is bummed by the ball being stuck on the mechagodzilla turntable to the right of the ramp.
I used a cabinet bumper to fix.
I have also lodged a support ticket with stern to correct. They need to release a small plastic or upside down post to go underneath the metal side which holds the plastic on top.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I put a dot on mine in the same spot. Before I had it there any stuck ball in that spot meant taking the glass off. Now with the dot there it can be nudged out.

2 weeks later
#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

The left spinner is more difficult for me. Even the right ramp is tougher, since my left flipper....despite all I've done with it....still is almost impossible to get it up there unless it's from a trap or rolling down the left inlane.

Just trying to clarify what you're saying your issue is here: It seems like you're saying you can make the right ramp shot from both 1) a cradle from the left flipper or 2) from on the fly when the ball is rolling through the left inlane onto the left flipper. You say it's impossible to hit the ramp "unless" it's from a cradle or on the fly from the inane, so I guess I'm a bit lost as to what type of shot you're trying to make that's coming up short that you think should be getting there?

Are you trying to hit the right ramp from the left flipper on a shot like a baseball pitch as the ball is coming down the playfield straight at the left flipper? So you'd have to be timing it perfectly to get it there? If that's the type of shot you're saying is almost always coming up short then, yeah, it's because that would be a very, very difficult shot to make.

The right ramp is fairly steep and a relatively long way away from the flipper, so if you're trying to shoot the right ramp like you're hitting a baseball pitch then you would have to have the flip timed almost exactly perfectly in order to make that shot. Any little bit off on the timing would result in not having enough power to make that ramp. So I think a pretty big percentage of shots attempted like that would end up short and roll back, which would mean that what you're experiencing is just the physics of a difficult shot to make.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, but based on you writing that you can make it if it's from a cradle or on the fly then it seems like that "baseball" style must be the type of shot you're saying is coming up short? And if that's the case then it's just bad shot selection by you because that ramp is only makable consistently from a shot on the fly or from a cradle. is my understanding of your issue correct or am I mis-reading it?

#8579 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

For those with a Prem/LE, can I ask if anybody knows how to secure MechaG to the playfield?
I just realized tonight that my MechaG is now just loosely hanging out on the spot, tethered only by the cable to the magnet. It was basically resting against the habitrail, which is when I noticed it.
It looks like there's a hinge beneath the magnet assembly that has two holes... I'm guessing that two screws go in there, but it's not clear to me what the receiving end of those screws would be, and if they'd need matching nuts, or really how to even access that area well... (Not a lot of room to maneuver, and I don't see this in the manual...?)
[quoted image]

I checked mine and I can’t tell for sure but it looks like the two screws on the back would just be threaded into Mecha somehow. It looks like there’s a plate on the bottom of Mecha also that connects as a pivot point somehow underneath too. Not sure if these pics will help but here are a couple from mine.

771F3E25-0FE2-4640-8BE0-7EB1D4903D51 (resized).jpeg771F3E25-0FE2-4640-8BE0-7EB1D4903D51 (resized).jpeg80BF0A1B-7B5F-44CB-BE08-80CD409FDC92 (resized).jpeg80BF0A1B-7B5F-44CB-BE08-80CD409FDC92 (resized).jpeg
#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

For those with a Prem/LE, can I ask if anybody knows how to secure MechaG to the playfield?
I just realized tonight that my MechaG is now just loosely hanging out on the spot, tethered only by the cable to the magnet. It was basically resting against the habitrail, which is when I noticed it.
It looks like there's a hinge beneath the magnet assembly that has two holes... I'm guessing that two screws go in there, but it's not clear to me what the receiving end of those screws would be, and if they'd need matching nuts, or really how to even access that area well... (Not a lot of room to maneuver, and I don't see this in the manual...?)
[quoted image]

I just looked at the manual. The Mecha assembly is on Page 56. It shows there's a plate on the bottom of Mecha with the two screws in the back and two from the bottom, and that plate looks like it connects on a type of hinge. Doesn't show any nuts in the diagram. Looks like the screws just go into Mecha.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

1 week later
#8807 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

There was a thread on here somewhere about spring colors... If memory serves, from weakest to strongest was blue, green, red, purple; can someone confirm?

Copied from the PinballLife website. Just look up shooter spring on their site and they’re there.

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

#8831 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Just joined with a 3 month old Premium, happy to be in the club.
My first question is the upper flipper. It doesn't seem to have the same power as my upper flipper in JP, and wondering if that is a normal feel for this particular flipper. Coil stop is fine, as I know that would be the first thing to check.
[quoted image]

That's the normal feel compared to JP.

#8863 2 years ago

The power up for a 5x Tier 1 battle time bonus is pretty juicy!!!!

#8878 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

Maybe I missed something int he readme. What shot qualifies the power ups? Is it the tail whip?

Check the readme again. The first part of it lists the power up levels. Right below that is a list of 20-25 things that increase the power up meter.

#8892 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I can’t be the first person with this problem so I apologize if it’s all over this forum, there are just a lot of posts. What are you all doing for stuck balls in this location off the plunge?
[quoted image]

This post shows a picture of where I put a cabinet dot on mine in that stuck ball spot. The ball will sometimes still get stuck in that spot, but with the dot there it only takes a very light nudge to get it out. Before putting the dot in it would get stuck too deep to nudge it out. Having the dot there doesn't impact ball travel through that lane.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/59#post-6612467

#8919 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

So to follow up on my previous post where I order the shooter rod from nitro. It arrived today and I will report it is smooth. I did find one blemish. But you'll never really see it especially if you rotate the egg.
[quoted image]

That's not a blemish, it's starting to hatch!!! Run for it!!!!!

1 week later
#9121 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Having a rules issue, im not sure if its a bug or if im missing something. I have a pro, with the latest code.
I beat a monster in tokyo, hit the scoop and moved to paris. Collect bonus like normal. I lit battle, hit scoop and beat another monster. After that, hitting the scoop wont allow me to collect bonus and move on. I tried scoop, ramps and scoop, etc. But it wont religjt. Also i got a high score both times it happened, and my insider connect had dropped out and i had to put in my initials? Is this a bug, or am i missing something?

Any chance Tesla strike mode was running at the time? I think if that were the case then Change City wouldn’t light until the mode is completed. Might be wrong on that but I think that’s how it works.

#9131 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Hey folks, I have an extremely technical question I was hoping someone could answer. If I have my Heat Ray powered up and I'm battling Ebirah, how many of the spins will the Heat Ray knock off each spinner? (Or perhaps it is a cumulative amount?)
I don't own a machine but was just thinking through strategy some and wondered if that could help as I'm having difficulty finding the left spinner at my local arcade.

Heat Ray takes off 5 or 10 spins. I forget where it says, but somewhere on screen it says how many spins a Heat Ray will take off. Not enough to complete a spinner target though. So in general not worth using Heat Ray for Ebirah.

#9160 2 years ago

.98 code just released!!! Can’t wait to play it and… April Fools!!!

1 week later
#9630 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

reseated and changed the balls, did it again first game.

Have you checked the trough optos and other switches in Switch Test?

#9699 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Finally cracked that bill.
Still haven't gotten planet x. Ebiruh beat my ass, forgot to use my heat ray on the left spinner I'm bad at. Game is firing on all cylinders, all hail ELWIN.
[quoted image]

Well done! Not usually worth it though to use Heat Ray on Ebirah. It doesn't award enough spins to finish the spinner. One rip on that spinner usually gives you enough spins to finish it. So that means you have to hit that shot once in the Ebirah battle with or without using the Heat Ray, so might as well save the Heat Ray for a different moment.

#9778 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

What’s this black plastic loop behind mecha for.. ? Seems odd.. am I missing something that’s supposed to be here?
[quoted image]

Blocks wayward balls to one side or the other so they don't come off the plastic straight onto Mecha's back.

#9780 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I took it off day 1 cuz it looks dumb. Not a single issue, I'd remove it if I were you.

I didn't say there was a big issue connected with it. I just answered the question the person asked. Take it off if you want. Leave it on if you want.

#9827 2 years ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Hi! Anybody have any tips for reliably hitting the scoop? Any magic shots you've found that get it over there without much chaos? Definitely a toughie, for me anyway, and it's so thrilling when it finally gets in.
Sold all of my collectibles (a lot of old big box PC games, Legos, comic books and art, etc.) to buy my Godzilla Pro NIB a week ago. They were just collecting dust on shelves and I didn't realize I was sitting on a small fortune -- feels great to have them out of the house and replaced with something I actually can use every day! I can't believe how much I love it!

Welcome to the club! Scoop just takes practice timing it to hit the ball when the ball is at the end of the flipper.

#9891 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Two questions for the group here:
1) Anyone have issues with their VUK taking multiple attempts to kick the balls to the top of the building? I hear the coil firing but the ball isn't kicked up. After a few attempts it usually makes it up there. A handful of times it even took so long to get up there it went into ball search and actually drained the ball that was already locked up there. Very weird.

VUK power could be too high. Some have posted in the past about lowering the power to the VUK to reduce rejects. Might be worth a try.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Set my VUK to 150 and now balls are loading on the roof very cleanly, no more rattles and re-tries.

Quoted from insight75:

I did put the power down on the VUK and I get less rejects up to the roof.

2 weeks later
#10298 1 year ago

Just played Terror of Mecha. So much fun! Love the design of limited flips in multiball with stages of shots to build up jackpots followed by a frenzy to go for it all in the final stage. Before this mode I never really focused too much on whether or not I got much of a score in Mecha MB, let alone a super. Pretty great idea to tie qualification of the new mode into getting the super in Mecha MB. It's amazing that code is at .94 but has so much great stuff in it already!

#10310 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I'm confused I guess.
Do you need to be level 5 AND get a Super in Mecha in order to start Terror?
Or just a Super then Terror allows you to now reach level 5?

First get a super in Mecha MB. Doing that opens up the ability to collect Level 5 to light Terror. Without the super the best you can collect is Level 4.

#10316 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Really? I just assumed level 5 would be a different award had you gotten that first.

From the release notes: "Godzilla Powerup - Level 5 and above are only available after qualifiying Terror of Mechagodzilla from Mechagodzilla Multiball Super Jackpot"

I only played two games on it so far and I got the super before collecting Level 4, but based on the way it reads it seems like there's no Level 5 collect unless you have the super.

#10471 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s sounding like Terror is comparable to Gappa angry mode in EHOH

I don't think they're very similar. Very different formats (single ball vs. multiball) and objectives for the initial stages (hit shots to lock a ball vs. limited flips to hit shots to build jackpot values in final stage). And Gappa cuts off when you fail a stage whereas Terror is always played through all 4 stages.

#10475 1 year ago

Does anyone know the size of the Allen bolt that hold the flipper in place?
Need to adjust the angle on the right flipper, but the space is way too tight, and I think the bolt was fastened tighter than it should be.
I was thinking to use something like this:[quoted image]

Just checked different sizes on mine. 5/32 seems to be the best fit.

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Question for those of you who have had the game for a while. Yeah, I have it listed in my collection, it's paid for, but waiting on the distributor to send it.
Prior to Deadpool I'd never noticed flipper fade on any of my games or felt the need for the PinMonk fans. I heard that the magna grab was an issue for a while, that it was generating lots of heat and wasn't performing as expected after some play time. I think I'd read that they addressed this issue in code. So... is the magna grab heating issue still a concern? Are people experiencing flipper fade? Do I need to order flipper fans and a magnet fan? I just wish they weren't so darn expensive...

Magna grab hasn't been an issue on mine. I got flipper cooling fans for my AIQ. Fade was very noticeable on that game and impacted game play after 60-90 minutes. So far on Godzilla I haven't felt a need for the fans. Plays well for me through 90 minutes of continuous play.

#10743 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

I like how I collect the Mechagodzilla SJP, 8 powerups, and still don't get the fucking mode. Somehow after having the SJP+5, after all that, I went on to finish 3 more cities, was a few shots away from Planet X, had like 8x destruction jackpots going....and yet still no Terror. 3.1 billion. SMFH.

Quoted from Frax:

Uh, no. I'd definitely collected the SJP, though, because I basically NEVER make that stupid tail whip shot on purpose. It's almost impossible on my game, like how a lot of Gem shots on some Tron machines is much harder than it should be. Also, if you have to pick that as a powerup reward, that's pretty disappointing overall, unless 5 is the 50 million/50 million one, then that would explain why it was set up that way at least.

If you got to 8 powerups I'd think you would have started the Terror mode at some point. Are you sure your machine updated to .94 code? The Level 5 power up in the .93 code was a 50 million point placeholder.

#10901 1 year ago
Quoted from AnthonyGT:

I'd like to tweak the flipper power settings on my Pro, but I can't find which menu they're under. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Go to Adjustments, Game (Feature Adjustments) and scroll to #138, 139, & 140.

#10967 1 year ago

I wonder if Heat Ray will award tail the whip mecha super jackpot or the one through the spinner lane. I guess it's time to play and find out!!!

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s sounding like Terror is comparable to Gappa angry mode in EHOH

This new mode Monster Zero is comparable to Gappa Angry

#10988 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Hmmm...I may just hold off doing the update after seeing these comments. Anyone else running into issues after updating?

No issues playing new code on mine last night. Played for over an hour and no problems at all.

#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What's the deal with the Stern Insider wifi update? Some folks are reporting that there's no update, and I'm in that boat. I'll just download to USB, but anybody have an idea why the update doesn't appear, or if I have to do something to get it to show up?

Go into the menu, select "Net" and scroll down to Software Update. It should find the update and download it. If after downloading it doesn't start installing automatically you can click on Install in the same menu under Net.

#10998 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep, did that about 30 times. It's strange.

Are you getting this screen when you go into “Net” in the menu?

And can you start a game and log into Insider Connected to verify that the machine is online?

E853D60D-56D5-4E72-98C9-342227113767 (resized).jpegE853D60D-56D5-4E72-98C9-342227113767 (resized).jpeg
#11177 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hey - am I overlooking something obvious?
Sometimes when I can choose to leave a city, I'm not sure if I have won the battle yet or not... is there an easy way to tell at that point since I can't hold the flippers and scroll through the info screens while in city select mode?
Thanks!

You can use the city inserts in the center of the playfield to know also. Solid white for a city means you didn't finish the battle and left the city. Rapid flashing white for a city means you're still in that city and the battle isn't over yet. Slow pulsing white means you've finished the battle for that city so Godzilla controls it.

2 weeks later
#11648 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

The ring around my tilt bob isn't straight, the plumb doesn't hang evenly in the middle of the ring. Does this mean it was installed crooked, or that my pin is at a strange angle? My playfield is at 6.5° which isn't that steep.
As soon as i nudge the game i get a total tilt. I'm guessing someone has seen this before?
[quoted image]

The ring is very bendable metal. Common for it to be a bit crooked when it's delivered. Just bend it so the ring is parallel with the floor and so it's centered around the tilt bob. It's a 1 minute fix.

#11829 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hey - anyone else have Insider Connected not show gameplay after 0.97 update?
I got in only one game last night (2.4B) on new code after updating and I'm 100% sure I signed in, but when I checked my insider account today, it doesn't show any gameplay for me yesterday 6/23.
Hopefully just a onetime thing. I won't have a chance to play anymore until the weekend to check for sure.

Something seems odd. Last night I played a game and got about 2.9B. After I played I logged in and saw that score posted on the Stern Worldwide Godzilla Leaderboard. Now I just logged into my account and checked and that game from yesterday doesn't show up. It says my last game was the 22nd (2 days ago).

In fact the Stern Events leaderboard seems to have changed somehow. When I just clicked on the Stern Worldwide Godzilla Leaderboard several other leaderboards for AIQ, DP, GOTG, IM, LZ etc. now also showed up, and the scores on the Godzilla board (not the verified location board) seem a lot lower than they were last night.

#11833 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hey - anyone else have Insider Connected not show gameplay after 0.97 update?
I got in only one game last night (2.4B) on new code after updating and I'm 100% sure I signed in, but when I checked my insider account today, it doesn't show any gameplay for me yesterday 6/23.
Hopefully just a onetime thing. I won't have a chance to play anymore until the weekend to check for sure.

I just played a game and that game score is now showing up on the Stern Events leaderboard, but it's not showing up in the stats for games played on my machine. That page is still saying my last game was 2 days ago even though the score of the game I just played posted to the leaderboard.

#11919 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought they said they were about the start multiball?

One way to approach it is while lock is lit select Gigan and loop the left flipper shot for the Gigan win, then change cities & start a new battle and start your GZ multiball with that battle. Lots of good ways to go after this game. That's what makes it so fun!

#11940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I’m 2000 posts behind lol…anyway, just wanted to say I love the new magnet code. My game was really inconsistent with the fling, and now it’s great! Thanks Godzilla code team!!!
The only thing I still want is for Kaiju rematches to skip the select screen & go right to the fight start sequence. No need for the select screen when doing a rematch.

Lol I'm on the other end of the spectrum. My magnet was really consistent and now since the update I'm getting somewhat frequent misses where it's supposed to grab but doesn't or starts to grab but then immediately releases resulting in a wild fling toward the flippers. Oh well... game is still a ton of fun!!!

#12100 1 year ago
Quoted from iure_DJX:

Hi guys,
Where I can find side armor good pics?
I'm really whiling to buy, but I want to check it first.
The picture at Stern site didn't show it close. Unable to check the details...
Thanks for helping

Search this forum for keyword "armor".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tq=armor&tu=

#12187 1 year ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Hi everyone. I joined the club two days ago with a premium! After playing the first 15 games or so, have a small problem. Three times now during gameplay, the machine loses power and goes into initializing startup mode. Any thoughts? I did install shaker motor as well.
Thank you!

Have you tried disconnecting the shaker motor to see if it still happens?

#12200 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok I gave had this game for a few weeks, I've put in hundreds of plays, and I still am really bad at the scoop and left spinner shot. Like 5-10%. Granted I am new to pinball, and I am slowly slowly getting better, but can you or anyone else who has tried moving flippers down comment more on how it affects all of the various shots? Presumably some shots get harder. Can you still hit building with left flipper and small loop with right flipper? I think those are both pretty important especially with OD in game now

I'd say if you'r hitting it 5%-10% then that means the shots are possible with your stock flipper alignment so as you get better at timing the shots you'll hit them more often. Especially if you're missing sometimes both to the left and to the right of the shots. Then that would mean the shot is definitely available on your setup so just keep practicing it. Your machine though so of course do what feels best for you.

#12244 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

So I've had my gz premium for a couple weeks now. I've got the playfield set so the bubble on the right is getting about 25 percent cut off from the middle so a little higher than the bubble being in the middle.
When I have the godzilla multi ball lit, it's about a 50/50 chance that the ball actually goes all the way in to get kicked up to the roof and actually locked. The other times it goes in the building and gets lost somewhere.... it engages the ballsave, the building raises and lowers, and it will kick the ball out when the building is lowering causing it to go through the building instead of locking...
A game last night had that happen 4 times in a row...
Is there something I need to adjust somewhere to get more consistent ball locks? Or do I need to lower the back and get the bubble closer to the center of the level?
I've played this game in public places a d the ball lock seems to work every time comparatively.
Thanks

Sounds like your ball is getting stuck or hung up in the building without going into the hole that feeds the VUK. I'd take the glass off and roll a ball in by hand to see if you can replicate it and look at where the ball is getting caught. Then make whatever adjustment is needed to correct it. Possibly just need a tweak to the building level which can be done through the menu settings.

#12257 1 year ago
Quoted from Bschafer:

I just got my Godzilla premium! I have just noticed the center spinner is not working. Gigan and when tank are lit I can hit it over and over, it spins but it’s not registering. Any ideas what I should be looking for? Thanks for any help!

When the spinner spins, the metal rod connected to it rotates to press down on a strip of metal which itself pushes down on a button on a microswitch. That strip of metal might need to be slightly bent so that when the spinner rotates it will press down on the button and then release before pressing down on the button again on the next rotation, etc. You'll know you have the switch adjusted correctly if you can rotate the spinner by hand with the game off and you hear the button click each time you rotate it. Or go into switch test with the game on and see if the switch registers each time you rotate it by hand.

#12284 1 year ago

Anyone else have (90% of their) shots from the left flipper through the building rocket past the magna grab without it the magnet being able to grab it when it's supposed to? If so, have you had any success with the new magnet settings or anything else addressing this? It's a major handicap to big scores.

This started happening on mine immediately after installing new code. Had been perfect grabbing clean left flipper shots through the building prior to new code. Now like yours the clean left flipper shots fly past the magnet. In general my magnet isn't performing anywhere near as well with new code as it was on the old code.

#12293 1 year ago

Interesting. Have you played around with the magnet adjustment settings? Mine has been like this for a long time, not just with the new code.

So far I've just been playing it without adjusting any settings. If they make another tweak to magnet behavior in another code update I don't want to have adjusted the settings and then have to dial it in again. If it's still doing this after code is pretty much finalized then I'll monkey around with settings, but fingers crossed they make another tweak to it or at least mostly undo whatever they just did.

#12323 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Have you guys tried different balls?
I like the Ninja super shiny balls even though they are supposed to get magnetized, I have not had this happen and my magnet seems very reliable at catching the balls. Playfield at 7.0°.
I'm right around 1000 games played, with several 50-60 minute games played (I also do have DIY fan on magnet and flipper coils). I actually bought Polaris balls, but prefer Ninja and tried them when I first got the game to see how long before they magnetized. I have been using them in my other machines with no magnetization in AIQ or TZ either.
When I changed the first set out at ~500 games played, no magnetization noted with other balls, paperclips, etc. Getting close to changing out again as they get a little scratched up as I generally change out every 500 games.
Just a thought.

Thing is this happened like a light switch was suddenly thrown. Played earlier in the afternoon the day the update came out and the magnet was good for all shots including clean shots through from the left flipper. Installed new code and the magnet wasn't catching well in the first game with new code and my first clean shot through from the left flipper had pretty much no magnet effect at all when it should have been swooped into the left ramp lane. It's definitely a code issue.

#12366 1 year ago

Except that I've found there are certain animations that still cannot be skipped (the first time they play?) when the ball is grabbed by the magnet. So by the time they end, the ball completely or almost stopped swinging and you've missed the chance at collecting an imposter.

I agree on this one. You can't double flip to release the ball from the magnet until the Magna Grab video clip shows up. Would be nice if they prioritized that clip to show up first before others so you can release the ball while it's swinging.

#12420 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Still having trouble with flippers giving me free points.
I thought I fixed it by tightening the right ramp opto on back side of backboard but the problem is back. Here’s a video. Wish I could get some footage during gameplay. I went back to add some but of course it stopped doing it. Doesn’t show much except in the beginning, I got it in test mode to show opto tripping when hitting flippers. I’ve got the opto to trip before in test with a bang to the playfiled with my fist, but not in this video. Also the first time I went to check the opto a week ago I touched the board and it tripped the sensor. That’s why I tightened it to begin with. Figured it was vibrating while playing. It worked for like a game or two. Maybe somebody will be able to help. It’s driving me nuts.

Just spitballing a couple possible troubleshooting ideas:

Was there a point in time that it started acting up after not having been a problem before, and if so was anything worked on or done on the machine right before it started happening?

Also, have you tried disconnecting the mods to see if it still happens with them disconnected?

2 weeks later
#12777 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How do you select all the battles? It seems like every time I win 2, suddenly I'm at Tier 2 and fighting Ghidorah. How do you go back to Tier 1?

Play two Tier I, then next is Tier II. After that Tier I and Tier II alternate.

#12778 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Cleaning the play field realized there was no mylar at the Magna grab. Seems like of all the places on the playfield, this should be one of them. There is however a small patch to the left of the magnet at the entrance to the left ramp. Has anyone added mylar to Magna grab or think it's a good idea to put some there?
[quoted image]

I thought early on about putting mylar there. Seems like a pretty good spot to have it. I haven't done it yet though.

1 week later
#13209 1 year ago

Wow what a code update! So much awesome stuff in there. This amazing game just keeps getting better!!!!

#13216 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Just had a weird thing happen, the bridge let my ball fall to the playfield like I was starting Bridge Multiball, but I wasn't, and no extra ball was put into play. Just the bridge collapsing. Is this a bug in the new code, or a feature I didn't know about?

Happens sometimes. Things can get chaotic when fighting monsters are on the loose!

#13482 1 year ago

I'm not 100% positive but I thought that upper flipper alignment setup was specific to Jurassic Park. My GZ came with it aligned to the center of the bat from the factory.

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

There's two more monsters as well that I don't think I've seen in the game. One is on the scoop plastic and one I believe is towards the top right of the playfield. Sorry, not in front of my game now so doing from memory.

Adam Warlock is in the playfield art of AIQ but not in the game. So I’d think it’s possible the same could happen in Godzilla with characters in art and not in the game.

#13604 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I get the concept of hitting both flippers. But is the ball supposed to be swinging on the magnet? It just sits there for me on it.

Sometimes the ball swings a lot. Sometimes it doesn’t. Game play vids on iePinball or Deadflip show a lot of the game and can be a good reference for when there’s a question about how the game should be behaving.

#13642 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I'm finally back up and running fine. Thanks to all for the help.
I have a question, NOT A COMPLAINT. I cleaned and waxed the playfield, etc. Holy crap does the ball fly. It's nuts. I also noticed an insane spin on the ball. (Hard not to notice.)
Like I said, not a complaint. Wondering if anyone else noticed the crazy ball spin. I've never noticed anything like with any other game.
That said, we love this game and have a great time.

Happens on every game after I wax one. Starts to calm down again over time though.

#13650 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

This is my first pin. I want to keep the playfield in good shape. Figured I should wax it whenever I clean it. I have waxed it 3 time in 900 games or so. It does get insanely fast after a wax but calms down pretty quickly.
Is waxing even when new useful for protecting the playfield artwork?

Might or might not help protect, but definitely doesn’t hurt. I like to wax mine periodically. I like the way they look after waxing and I like the way they play fast after waxing.

#13785 1 year ago
Quoted from FullTiltPinball:

My Godzilla has landed after an 11 month wait. I have the machine setup evenly with a pitch of 6.5 / 6.6. Can anyone provide some advise on any of the below?
1) When hitting the right ramp at a slow ball speed the ball is getting stuck in the building. Even with a good knock you can't roll it out of there
2) I found the right ramp shot from the upper left flipper unobtainable until I corrected the pitch (6.7). This is still a difficult shot to make. How often can you make that shot? Is this more about me not making an ideal shot, flipper strength degrading with heat?
3) I have a Stern shaker motor installed. It vibrates the hell out of the translite as there is a few mm up the top for it to move. I was looking at cutting some carboard or other material to fill the gap.
4) Let me see how I go explaining this one without a picture. Can you make this one shot from the left tank shot behind the upper left flipper to the right orbit (minilla/destruction jackpot) and loop around? Mine always falls short of making it through the orbit. I'm wondering if I'm a bad shot or the machine pitch/level is out.
Thanks
[quoted image]

My thoughts:
1) Check that your game is level left to right. From your picture it looks like the game could be leaning right to left. Worth checking.

2) Right ramp wasn’t designed to be made from upper flipper.

3) reduce shaker intensity or use something to prevent the rattle.

4) A shot going behind the upper flipper and into the orbit isn’t likely to make it around.

#13794 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

My Godzilla is getting power but won’t turn on. The speaker lights power on, but nothing else. Any idea?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sometimes if an installed mod is working but the game isn't working, it's worth checking to see if uninstalling the mod makes a difference. That might help determine if there's something about the mod installation that's causing an issue.

#13813 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I was just wondering , my game is messy. Its leveled but it shoots like crap. Not smooth at all. Hmmmm. The auto plunge and manual plunge don't get passed mecha. Its like it " hits something" and just comes rolling back down. I cant put my finger on what's going on.

Try recording a plunge using slow motion video to see what the issue might be. Then you might be able to make an adjustment for whatever is happening.

#14081 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I got a couple questions about leveling my pin. I've been playing it since I got it 2 weeks ago with the threads on the levels just matched to my JP until I had a chance to check it today. I checked it today and need to fix the pitch and the angle down by the flippers was 6.3%.
1. Is the angle you want (6.5 in this case) supposed to be at the flippers? Or in the middle of the play field? I know when I measure the top vs. the flippers it is not identical. It is steeper up top. I also remember this happening in my JP however I don't recall the exact answer to this.
2. I also have the same question about the pitch - where do you want to measure that? Ideally it should be throughout the whole PF but if it's not possible to get it 0 all the way through, is down by the flippers the right spot?

1) For pitch it's really a matter of preference and finding a spot where you're happy with how it plays. On mine if it's lower by the flippers and more near the top of the playfield I set it at about the midpoint at the flippers and then dial it in from there.

2) For level I do it at the flippers and at a spot near the building. If it's level in those two spots then you should be good to go.

#14082 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

3. I am having trouble lifting my pin because of the current way it sits and there just isn't much room behind/around it. What is the best way to go about lifting it up so I can adjust the leg levelers? Like am I going to have to slide it out, lift and adjust, then slide it back? Or is there some other trick that you all use to level pins that have a pin right next to it where the backs are up against the wall?

One trick is to get on all fours under the pin and use your back as a jack while you turn the leg leveler. Works pretty well.

#14103 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

This has probably been mentioned but I haven't come across it.........just got my Pro this past Friday. It really is a blast. On my 2nd game, after hitting both ramps and hitting the scoop, suddenly on the screen instead of Xilien on the screen, there was a goat.......just kind of sat there. Then the game moved on to let me choose which monster to battle. Was kind of strange and funny......I presume an homage to the greatest of all time....Elwin? Anyone else notice this or am I late to the party?

Late to the party. It’s been in code for awhile now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/146#post-6755725

#14270 1 year ago
Quoted from robinmaypanpan:

We just got our Godzilla Premium a few days ago. We're seeing some issues with inconsistent shooter behavior. Sometimes when we manually pull back to shoot, the ball barely ejects from the launch lane, or just sort of flops out. I noticed a few others on here have had similar issues. It's a big thread and I'm bad at search. Was there a solution to this? We were planning to probably have a mechanic from the dealer come out to take a look at it.

There isn't a single cause of it. First easy thing to check is alignment of the tip of the shooter rod to the ball. Is the tip centered on the ball with the tip resting close to the ball but not touching?

If that setup looks okay then the next best step is to take slow motion video of a plunge on your machine so you can see what's going on with it. Then depending on what that video shows you can adjust accordingly.

#14337 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I picked up a pro and I am having a ton of center drains from the magnet and the u turn shot next to building. My game is level and pitched correctly. The magnet will hold the ball and when it releases it, it will swing down and fly straight down the middle a few times? The u turn shot is just as bad, about 2 out of 5 shots the ball goes straight down the middle?
And a game logic question if anyone knows. I changed out my wireforms for something else I made and as a result the ramps now drop the ball opposite of the originals. Should I switch the wiring on the lane switches to match? Not sure if it matters? I made the change as I just did not like the circled wireform visually. And I do like the open playfield look a bit better.
Heres a quick video showing new ball travel. I know it switches on premiums, but the pro’s are static and thats my logic question.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

It’s one thing to change where the wires return, but why would you want to swap the wiring on the inlane switches to match? Those are for triggering events when the ball crosses that specific inlane. Doesn’t matter if the switch is triggered form a ball rolling on the playfield or from a ball dropped at the end of a wire. If the ball goes through the left inlane why have the right inlane register instead?

As for a logic question, it’s your machine so do whatever makes you happy with it, but I think the logic ship might have already sailed when you switched away from the designer’s intent on which flipper a ramp shot returns to.

#14472 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Rebel552:

Hello everyone!
We got our Godzilla Premium 2 weeks ago and it is fantastic! Already put over 5 billion on it! I noticed the left flipper had a little flipper hop on it. I am attaching videos of the right Vs left. I reached out to our distro and he said that he will look around but in the mean time ask Pinside for some adjustments. I am under the impression that there is a little nub on the end of metal for the left flipper and that an adjustment for the inlane won’t fix the hop but I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks!

Normally flipper hop would mean the ball is coming off the guide and hitting the flipper to cause a hop, but in your case it looks like it's getting launched up a bit by an uneven bump on the end of the guide since the ball looks like it's hopping without hitting the flipper. Doesn't seem like an adjustment would fix this other than a replacement guide or smoothing the bump on the current guide.

If you have another recent Stern, can you try swapping the left guide out for the one from that game to test to see if it resolves it?

#14518 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

The slingshots on my new Premium have started to autofire without the ball being close. Any suggestions?

Adjust the leaf switches on them to slightly increase the gap on the switches

1 week later
#14814 1 year ago
Quoted from DerrickL:

Hey everybody, this is my first post! Y’all have been a great resource, I just got my first Pin (a Godzilla premium) yesterday and it has been a blast! It was a tough choice between Iron Maiden and Godzilla but Godzilla won out. I do have a dumb question though. Is the bridge supposed to shake each time you hit the newton ball? I will hit it with a hard direct hit and it won’t move but then sometimes when I just glance it the bridge will shake. I’ve gotten to the bridge out multiball once and the bridge will shake and come down like it’s supposed too. Is the newton ball not registering the hits? Or am I just not understanding the code? I’ve tried searching in the forum but haven’t been able to find info on it.

Bridge doesn't shake on every hit to the captive ball. Only when the Attack Bridge insert is lit.

#14968 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

"... It seems we travel back in time... To ball 1!"
The guy behind the call outs of godzilla is a pure genius and a master troll

Such a great reset callout! So funny and so well done.

#15008 1 year ago

Any idea why King of the Monsters didn’t light for me in this game:

I played Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, and Planet X. Played MZ last of the three and then when it ended King of the Monsters insert wasn’t lit. Nothing was lit at the scoop (I’d just played a Tank MB and city select wasn’t lit) and the only bridge light lit was the blue Bash Building one at the left ramp. Nothing was lit at the building either. It didn’t look like I had anything to shoot for.

The inserts for Terror, MZ, and Planet X were all lit. Planet X was solid while Terror and MZ were pulsing.

I controlled all 4 cities, got all ball locks on MZ, and played Terror. Didn’t beat Planet X but based on the release notes it looks like you only have to play Planet X to qualify KOTM. Any idea what I was missing to light King of the Monsters?

#15011 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I heard Karl reference in one of his streams that you had to do either the victory laps in Planet X or …. some other qualifier. I’d have to rewatch the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1595022584

I didn’t watch the stream. Don’t want to spoil what the mode is before I play it. I just know the release notes say “ King of the Monsters - added this final wizard mode that is qualified by playing Planet X, Monster Zero, and Terror of Mechagodzilla.”

Maybe you’re confusing this with the new Ultra Wiz mode? The notes say that to play the Ultra Final Wizard Mode you have to complete Planet X, KOTM, MZ, and Terror. I was bummed that I didn’t beat Planet X because it meant I wouldn’t get the Ultra mode, but thought I should still get KOTM.

The order I played them was Terror, Planet X, and then MZ. When I hit the scoop to power up and qualify MZ, the scoop shot was also Tank #10. So Tank MB was lit at the scoop after I finished MZ. I played it but then when it was over nothing was lit to shoot for.

#15013 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

Powerup 11 actually lights kotm

Ugh. After reading your post I see it in the release notes now under Power Up 11. So I would have still needed to earn 3 more power ups to get it with only multi balls to play. Thanks.

#15042 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My first game trying out new 1.0 code for Godzilla and PG&E let me down!
***Adult language at the end!

Lol, and it looks like it happened while you were playing the Tesla Strike mode. Maybe one of your hits to a power line target caused it

#15080 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Replacing coil stops. And one of the screws was already broken.
Since this is a US size (and I am in Europe), can someone tell.me what size screw this is? And if you have a link, much appreciated [quoted image]

5/16 inch works

#15127 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Can just say this game really needs to be exactly correct balanced to play right. Was 0.3 degrees off left to right and it made a really noticable difference when adjusted.

To be fair, 0.3 degrees off level is very noticeable on most games. 0.1 is much less noticeable, but it’s pretty apparent on most games that it’s not level at 0.3 off.

1 week later
#15434 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So when is the saucer shots actually counted? I'm still confused of what light means what on saucers cause it's constantly changing, flashing, and so on. At first I though green meant the shots were counting for the adding up saucers destroyed, but then theres yellow, flashing, and so on... so what is the actual indicator that I should be attacking that saucer and going for those extra balls

When the insert that says "Saucer Attack" is flashing blue, then it's time to attack saucer. It's on a timer and goes away if you don't hit it.

3 weeks later
#16159 1 year ago
Quoted from Malconstant:

Thank you! That's definitely it as one corner is missing that spacer (see pic). Now I just need to find the screw and possibly a washer? If I cannot find the remaining pieces, how should I go about getting a replacement?
[quoted image]

If there was a washer and screw in there originally then they're still in there somewhere. If you raise the playfield up and down a couple times and jostle it a bit you'll likely hear them come rattling out into the bottom of the cabinet (if they haven't already fallen through to the bottom of the cabinet). If you don't find them loose in the bottom of the cabinet, then check inside the coin box in case they fell into it and also check the cabinet bottom speaker since screws will stick to it magnetically.

If you end up not being able to find them then you can just get the correct size screw and washer at a hardware store and use them.

#16220 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So I was attempting to adjust my saucer pop bumper sensitivity (it was firing seemingly at will) and one of the "tests" included banging moderately on the playfield a bit to ensure the pop wouldn't fire. That adjustment was successful but now I have a bunch of LEDs out. Specifically:
Shoot Again (520-5307-00) (Single PCB)
Adv. Fighter Left (" ")
Fighter Left 1, 2, 3 (520-8531-00) (Outlane 3W LED Board)
Maser (520-8532-00)
Maser Ready (" ")
Left Spinner (" ")
Tank 1 (" ")
Adv. Rampage (" ")
I checked the connectors on the 520-8532-00 and 520-8531-00 Boards and they seem snug. As for the two LEDs on the single PCB's (shoot again & Adv. Fighter Left) I did my best to see where these wire connections were likely connected to and checked those connections well. Having done that and with these LEDs still out I'm out of my depth I'm afraid. I figure my pounding on the playfield (albeit not that hard) is the cause of this (these LEDs were lighting up fine yesterday during game play). Any ideas? (I do not own a multimeter to check connectivity and otherwise will admit to my very limited knowledge of electronics / circuits, etc.). That said, happy to listen to any advice. Thanks much.

Check out page 18 of the manual. That tells you what node board and what connector each light is associated with. For example a lot of the lights you listed are on node board 8, CN 1. I’d start by looking at Node 8 and the connection for those lights.

#16266 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got my prem unboxed. Can't get into service menu to change to freeplay...I open coin door and buttons do nothing..haven't had a stern since metallica...any help how to get in the menu ? Thx

Service buttons seem to be a common issue lately. Keyword search it in this forum or for all of Pinside and posts about it will pop up. I don’t recall if there’s a common fix but if you search those posts there might be something there. I’d suggest reaching out to your distributor for a replacement.

#16408 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Is hitting the right ramp from upper flipper shot supposed to be hard? I just got my game and have only a handful of plays. That shot only rarely makes it.

The right ramp wasn't designed for a shot to be made from the upper flipper. Most of the time a ball from the upper flipper to that ramp will end up rolling back down it.

1 week later
#16672 1 year ago

I know this has been discussed before in the forum, but +1 here for getting the old functionality back for the Imposter award. Finally reached the point of being annoying on mine last night when I had three in a game that would have registered at the gate before the code update but they didn't rotate the spinner to register on new code. I know I can adjust my spinner switch, but seems like code should be able to fix it by still allowing the gate to award it.

Plus, I found that by dropping the ball to the flipper and firing on the fly to rotate the spinner from below now awards the Imposter, which seems to go against the intent of the award.

1 week later
#16836 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

V1.02.0 - November 22nd, 2022
- Imposter Battle - now allow Skill Shot rollunder switch OR Spinner begin will trigger the Imposter

I'm glad they fixed the Imposter Battle to allow either the roll under switch or the spinner!

#16967 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I got 4/4 imposters last night. I don't even know what imposters are for crying out loud.
I got the option to "collect" them from a scoop shot, got 250,000,000 from it.

Seems like it must be a bug. There's a power up available to collect one imposter, but it doesn't seem like it should award all 4. Unless the new code changed it.

#16973 1 year ago

Could I have actually earned them? it would have been unknowingly.
I had a 1.15 billion game.
I seriously need to sit down and read the rules booklet I printed off.

It’s possible you earned them of course. I might have missed seeing it in the rules, and I’ve never noticed it in a game yet playing multiple times through Planet X. I haven’t played on the new code though.

I thought imposters were only awarded when you earn them from a magma grab (no need to collect at the scoop). And I thought the only scoop collect for one is a power up award you can choose.

Haven’t seen any collect all four before but there could be something in the rules that does it and I hadn’t noticed it.

#17006 1 year ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

A new problem with my GZ Premium: sometimes the ball goes into the building, when lock is lit, and doesn't come out. I can sometimes reproduce this in switch test. The VUK Opto registers, but the VUK doesn't fire. It doesn't happen all the time in play, nor all the time in switch testing. I can't see the ball when it gets lost like that, but a ball search will cause the VUK to shoot it up, so I assume it's sitting in the little subway right on top of the VUK. I've removed that little subway, and there are no obstructions in it. If I physically lift up the front of the machine, the VUK will notice the ball, and shoot it up to the roof (if it's in switch test, where the tilt won't matter).
At first I thought maybe it was because I had the pitch at 7.5, so I lowered it to 6.8 (boy, does it seem floaty now!), but that made balls get lost more often. It is perfectly level side to side at the top of the playfield, and off by 0.1 at the bottom, as measured with a digital level (not a phone).
I've read this whole thread, and I don't remember seeing this issue. Couldn't find any mention of it by searching, either. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Some people have posted about having the ball hang up on the end of the subway just before the VUK. Might be worth checking out. Here's one post where it's mentioned:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/289#post-7109591

#17007 1 year ago
Quoted from brit141:

Thoughts on how to fix this? The ball gets stuck when it goes underneath the top part of the rail. Normally the ball has enough speed to clear it and it only sticks for a second but if the ball isn't going fast enough it will get stuck. I'm hesitant to start bending it because I'm afraid it'll get misaligned somewhere.
[quoted image]

Gentle bending is the way to go. Do it a little bit until you get the clearance you need.

#17027 1 year ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Ahh, thanks EaglePin! I do have a pretty good gap between the subway and the VUK hole, like the guy in that post, so I tried taping a little cardboard in the gap, and now I can't reproduce the issue. So hopefully that was it. Now, for a permanent fix, I really don't want to drill new holes in the playfield to move the subway closer to the VUK, but I'm not sure how else to move it.

If the cardboard is resolving the problem and it's staying in place then why look for a different fix? I'd figure no need to look to do something else when what you've done seems to have fixed it and it's holding up.

#17173 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Does anyoone know when the update is coming for it also?
the last update was not very impressive...

Is there something you're expecting in another code update? Game reached v1.0 which tends to indicate all main modes and rules are in the game that are going to be in it. And there's a lot in this game. My guess is any future updates will be tweaks, bug fixes, and adjustments if any further polish is needed for it.

#17273 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

When watching some video of people playing Godzilla (I think it was a stream with Elwin himself), someone (Elwin?) mentioned how, with the four different kaiju modes, two of them were good to have multiball for, and two were not.
I'm trying to figure out which he means. What do y'all think? For what kaiju modes would you like to have multiball for?
(I've typically been trying to do it with Ebirah, then trying to hit the spinners with all the balls. It doesn't often go well, but I'm still learning. High score is still only 480mil)

Only battle I don’t really like for MB is Gigan. Can cradle and get it done with passes from left to right but mor of a pain than it’s worth. I like lighting lock and hitting 8 repeating shots from the left to finish Gigan off quickly.

I definitely like MB for Titanosaurus.

MB for Ebirah gives a bit more security from draining out when going for the left spinner. Just need to hit the right spinner before starting MB, and that’s easy to do with a catch and rip when the ball comes out from the scoop to start it.

MB works pretty well on Megaladon for me. Good security to have MB for the left spinner and pop shots.

4 weeks later
#18014 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

But why would it react by kicking the ball out if the switch wasn’t registered? Just to clarify, it’s not waiting for a ball search. No one else has this happen?

If it's not an issue with the saucer switch, then I'd think the next thing to test is to see if another switch is registering somewhere. If the ball goes in the saucer and the game has another switch register somewhere then I'd think the game might kick the ball out of the saucer. Kind of similar to the issues some people have had with the Magna Grab not holding onto the ball because a switch somewhere else was registering and causing the magnet to release it. Check switch test to see if anything is registering that shouldn't be when the game is in attract mode.

#18081 1 year ago

I may be wrong, and it wasn't a hill I was going to die on, lol. but here's something I found in thread. I know mine are below the dot, not easy to trap, but easier to make those wide shots.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/152#post-6769184

I think you might be misreading that post you linked to. That post is saying the person lined the flippers up to be in line with the ball guide, which would have the tips resting above the alignment dots. Then it says they adjusted them to the alignment dots and it was better to hit the wide shots. So far, the only Elwin setup that isn't intended to be centered on the tip of the flipper is the upper flipper on Jurassic Park.

Just thought I'd clarify since you cited that post, but of course you should always just set the game up however you like it.

#18146 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Does anybody know how you get the Oxygen mode. I know that it’s the last ball. But I don’t always get Oxygen losing my last ball…..

Has to drain out the right outlane

#18174 1 year ago

As it turns out, you don't have to beat either phase of planet x—just play it—to get to KotM. I believe the full criteria are play Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Planet X, defeat all Kaiju, and collect Godzilla powerup level 11.

I don't think you have to defeat the Kaiju. Just play MZ, TOM, Planet X and get power up to 11. You can get to Planet X without defeating the Kaiju.

#18263 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I thought about placing down mylar in the shooter lane to protect it, but with some of the width of the lane being level, and some having a curved groove in it of varying groove width and depth, it seems to me that the mylar would wrinkle, or somehow look lousy. How did you do it? by-the-way, I'm now waiting for MY cliffy protector.

Just use a narrow strip and lay it across the shooter lane where the ball exits the trough (I also use the Pinball Life protector at the trough exit). Here's a pic of how I do it on my machines.

42CFC8FD-7E41-4B73-A5E2-58FFDFB5C117 (resized).jpeg42CFC8FD-7E41-4B73-A5E2-58FFDFB5C117 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#18486 1 year ago

Power Up #11 choice is to light King of the Monsters or receive +3 Power Ups. Is there any reason to choose the +3 Power Ups?

If you did choose it, would you not have the chance to play King of the Monsters later? Is the +3 Power Ups choice is maybe a gag/joke in code since nobody would really ever pass up playing King of the Monsters as soon as it's available?

#18552 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

I have wondered this as well…at first I was hoping they would but now I’m on the fence.

I hope they do. King of the Monsters is a fun mode and it would be good for anyone who likes playing Godzilla to be able to experience it.

1 week later
#18785 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I think Elwin is a great addition to stern but to me it appears his Ego needs a little bit of a check(from how he holds himself) cause I’m not a fan of his attitude from some interviews
I believe he just got real lucky with the initial success of Godzilla ;
but I feels over time the game will settle to its rightful place. But he seems a wee bit eh from what I’ve heard of him.
It doesn’t help that all the people that interview are fan boys that don’t help his ego in the right way…. Just treat the guy like a normal guy .

It's absolutely fine to like any game more than another but to insert a judgement about the designer into that seems at best a bit misguided and at worst, well, pretty jerky. I've listened to many interviews of him, and I've never had any thought that he comes across as having a big ego. My impression has been quite the opposite. I've always thought he comes across as a down to earth guy who really likes pinball...

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I believe he just got real lucky with the initial success of Godzilla ;

...And, um, luck has nothing to do with it. He's at minimum one of the best pinball players ever (most think he's THE best) and he's been playing for a very long time. So maybe it's worth it for you to consider the possibility that he does know more than most people about the game of pinball and how to design a machine that players really like. It's a thing called talent. He's also designed not just Godzilla, but three other really, really good games (and maybe 4 with the 60th Bond TBD) and his first one was started as a home brew so, again, it's not luck.

Why do people (including me), think Godzilla is such a great game?
1) Approachable yet challenging layout with interesting shots and mechs.

2) A deep and wide rule set that makes you use all the shots in the layout, and which is very well balanced in scoring so the game can be attacked from many different ways without having much of an "everyone just does this when they play it" strategy.

3) Fun and creative wizard modes.

4) A video, audio, and callout package that puts it all together in a very entertaining way.

In other words, the game is really good in all the key elements of what makes a modern pinball machine fun.

#18855 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I have that issue with magna grab not releasing the ball when I press the flippers the first couple of times. You're right, it seems to only work once the ball is settled too.

For whatever reason, the double flip to release the ball isn't available until the "Magna Grab" screen shows on the LCD. Sometimes there are other screens that come up before it so you have to wait.

2 weeks later
#19231 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Godzilla Prem: issue is balls not locking in the building. Sometimes it as if the VUK is having an issue locking all three balls on top of the building. Tried increasing VUK strength, but I dont think that fixed it. Read earlier that some folks said it could be VUK not alligned properly. Is it possible that there is an opto that is failing to read the ball going in the front door of the building? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

Is the ball being kicked up onto the building and not registering as a locked ball after it's up there, or is the ball kicking up but then falling back down the VUK instead of coming out onto the building, or is the VUK not kicking the ball up at all after you shoot into the building? Any possible solution depends on what the symptom is.

#19236 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Thought I had this one licked but it’s popping up again.
My right habitrail has a “bounce” to it when the ball hits the inlane exit. The left side drops in perfectly, the right side hits the end, bounces back and then drops down the hole. Kills flow a bit.
Any suggestions on how/where to bend or put pressure on the habitrail to smoothen it out? I’ll start screwing around with it but thought better to check here first as last time I thought I had it beat but it appears the problem has returned.

Have you tried adding a washer or washers under the nut at the end of the wire where it attaches to the sling? That might change the pitch of the wire just enough to slow it down a bit so it doesn't bounce.

#19249 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Pulled the glass and threw some washers in, definitely better but not perfect. You’ve nailed it though, speed is the issue. I’ll probably tweak the habitrail and/or other mounts to slow it down.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Cool! Glad it got a bit better. There's a spot a few inches before that sling connection where there's a bend in the wire form. Maybe very slightly bending that spot upward a bit more would get you the rest of the way there.

#19305 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I ended up skimming the last couple hundred posts and didn't see it - have we talked about Keith saying that a Challenge Mode feature was coming for GZ soon? I guess of course it was discussed, and surely I missed it. Anyway, I believe it was on his latest appearance on loserkids podcast, hopefully I'm not remembering the wrong interview. He seemed to indicate a special mode was/maybe still is planned, but might just end up being something like Terror of MechaGZ instead.
Man I am really looking forward to that, especially if it's a new cool mode. But either way, if I have a complaint on GZ it's that a good game can last a long ass time. No one wants to wait playing multiplayer for me to finish 15 minute balls between turns. But even just playing singleplayer sometimes playing a quick challenge game mode would be a lot of fun and really push this machine over the top even further. To have the option to start a quick challenge game to get the highest score on Terror real quick with the limited flips will be freaking awesome.
I guess you JP owners are used to that feature already, but I've not owned a game with that feature yet (well, sorta - Judge Dredd with the super game option was similar-ish in concept). Really looking forward to that new code and option. What other modern games have that alternate game/challenge mode at startup? AIQ have that too?

Challenge mode isn't usually a new mode that isn't already in the game. It's usually just a way to jump in and play a wizard mode that's already in the game.

#19444 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Wow. Were there instructions about what the lube was meant for?

This was the answer someone posted from Stern

Quoted from cistearns:

I reached out to Stern about the Magnalube included in the goodie bag.
[quoted image]

#19455 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Just got my Godzilla Prem ..
Need help on an issue ..
I had to adjust flipper it was sticky
I think it working now . But when I turn game on all 6 balls come out at one time into shooterland and I have never ending multiball .. I used game on and left flipper hold to end game and still ball pops out in shooter lane .. one not six but if I plunge the ball and it drains another ball goes in shooter lane and game is ended .. anyone know the fix?
Thank you in advance.. Mookie

Here's what I'd do to check it. Without any balls in the trough, go into Active Switch Test in the menu and check that none of the trough optos are registering. Then go into regular Switch Test mode and put balls one at a time into the drain hole and watch as they cascade through the optos. Make sure each opto registers a ball goes past it.

If the optos seem like they're registering correctly, then check the switch in the shooter lane. Put a ball into the shooter lane and see if that switch registers.

1 week later
#19615 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Could someone review how to qualify the multipliers? Thanks.

Information on qualifying allies is in the Tiltforum rules summary

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/1#heading--allies

#19628 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I just can’t get myself to ignore the things needed to head due north with this game .I’m addicted to completing everything in a city before moving on and a normal game is probably 2 cities and I have not been to a 4th yet .Im also addicted to Saucer Attack MB which obviously is dangerous and usually only heavily pursue it until the end of ball 2 .I’m stuck playing the same game over and over right now which is still fun ,but I need to make a change .I have not seen Planet X yet and am actually debating going 5 ball until I see it once ,then revert back and carry on .I have not done that since I brought our first pin home .It was a WOZ and I’m sure you can understand why .So any thoughts on getting over that hump ? Note I’m probably a 80 on the OCD monitor

Maybe try instead to think of Tank MB, Tesla, and Train MB as gravy/side features, and try to just focus on going for the monster battles since only those are required to change cities? You'll still play several of the Tank, Tesla, and Train modes along the way since they'll trigger naturally as you make progress. It's worth doing it to get to Planet X. Saucer MB can also often happen along the way without focusing too much on it as you get deeper in the game.

#19686 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

something then must be odd with mine, I'll do some tests today. I understand the 3 rollovers in each lane to stat jet fighters, mine is set the same. Each rollover lights a missile on the top plastic, once all 6 are lit (3 on each side) jet fighters starts.
My apparent issue is that there is a red insert in the lane and if it is not lit prior to rolling through insane, a missile will not be counted during rollover and that red insert is not always on, trying to understand what triggers that insert to be on or off. I have had times when I hit the right ramp 4 times in a row, but get no missile/count credit not hat see for jet fighters, because that red inset is not on.
thanks again!

Okay I just checked on mine. Immediately after the 1st plunge to start the game, the Advance Jet red insert should be lit in both inlanes and three rollovers on each switch should start Jetfighter Attack. If that's not happening on yours, maybe check the menu settings. I just saw that Game Adjustment #16 is for Jet Fighter Attack Difficulty. Default is set to "Easy". Maybe your setting is changed? Might be worth checking it out.

#19791 1 year ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Well it happened to me too ~350 games in. Sorry if asked before but where can I get a replacement, do I have to order from Stern? And how can I prevent this from happening again?
[quoted image]

FYI Stern's replacement is a shorter version of the plastic (doesn't cover the magnet) to prevent the bridge from hitting it any more. Pinball Life has the original full length replacement on their website

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-godzilla-pro-magnet-plastic.html

1 week later
#19979 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Probably a long shot, but does anybody know where this goes? Just got GZ delivered today and found this in the hole where back box bolts go.[quoted image]

Inside coin door

CCC11BAD-6452-4534-83C6-4F4E2753CF31 (resized).jpegCCC11BAD-6452-4534-83C6-4F4E2753CF31 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#20151 1 year ago
Quoted from AwesomeSauc3:

I'm having an issue with my Premium where balls aren't registering when they are getting locked in the tower. They make it up to the top just fine, but I don't get the typical video clip or any indication that the ball has been locked. After a bit the ball dislodging sequence (I'm certain that isn't the correct term I just don't know what else to call it) fires and the tower eventually comes down, sending the locked ball SDTM. It did this sporadically for some time but now it's doing it every time. I'm still relatively new to fixing problems on my machines and I'm wondering if someone has seen this issue before and could point me in the right direction. I tried searching around and it seems like there were code issues with this early on that are solved now, but to answer the question, the code is fully up to date, I just updated a few days ago. If this isn't the right board for this please let me know. Any help is much appreciated!

Sounds like the opto at the exit of the VUK might not be registering, then the machine goes into ball search to find where the ball went. To figure out what might be going wrong I’d start by taking the glass off and going into switch test in the menu. Pull out the interlock switch and use you finger or something to block the opto at the VUK exit to make sure that opto is working. If it is working, then get the building into the lock position and roll a ball through the entrance. See if switch test registers the opto when the ball kicks out of the VUK.

1 week later
#20318 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So many GZs for sale in the classifieds
9 LEs
16 Pres
6 Pros
As soon as someone posts a Pre within driving distance for under 9k I am on it, lol.

31 for sale doesn’t seem like a lot to me. About 2800 GZ in Pinside collections. So only about 1% for sale.

#20345 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I tried searching couldn't really find a definitive resolve; regarding proper coil strength settings for left/right flippers I have mine set to 250 & upper set to 180. What's the stock setting & or recommendation for optimized setting. Thanks.

There really isn't a definitive answer. Just set it to what works for you on your machine to get the ball firmly through all shots. I set my pitch up a bit steeper so I have my lower flipper power up a bit. My left is 255, right is 235, and my upper left is at the default 168. Just go with what works on your setup.

FYI when you change the setting in the menu the text below the default value will say "Default". So on yours if you go into your upper flipper setting and start lowering the value, when you get to 168 it'll say "Default". That's how you can find what stock settings are.

#20440 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

1.37% of IC users have the achievement. I guess they wanted to let more people experience it a year and a half after release. Similarly only 0.33% had started king of the monsters
is Monster Island Madness in the game? How to unlock? 0.0% of people have that one.

It's not easy to get to. It's tough to beat Planet X or get the 10 secret combos AND defeat Ghidorah in KOTM in the same game:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--madness

#20441 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

So no challenge mode yet damn

Could be that this new Planet X "early" option is in lieu of putting in a challenge mode? Seems like that gets a pretty obtainable path to Planet X and KOTM if I'm reading the release notes correctly.

#20476 1 year ago
Quoted from hcj13:

Hi all, I was unable to find the part number for these two rubber pads. Worn out from use. Mech Godzilla ramp and right right entrance rubber pads. Can someone please let me know what to buy to replace these? Thanks for your help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Probably one of these. Not sure which one though

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bnod-blue-nubs-of-death.html

#20576 12 months ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

I could be wrong, but the way I figured out that the opto plays at least some role in triggering the magna-flinger, GZ MB, and Destruction JP is that through tinkering and hitting switches with the glass off. The physical switch next to the building works consistently and has not given me any problems; even when those events stop working, the physical switch works. Once the opto switch stops responding, however, so does magna-flinger, GZ MB, And Destruction JP. It's possible that it's a combination of both switches, but the opto is definitely involved. If you don't believe me, disconnect your opto receiver and try for yourself.
Also, it makes sense that it would be involved in triggering those events otherwise a weak wallop would produce the same results. Magna-grab, however, is unaffected since it is triggered by the captive ball.

I might be wrong, but I'd think it would be reading both switches. If the wallop lane registers without the entrance opto registering first then the game would think the wallop lane shot through the back of the building was hit.

If the entrance opto registers and is followed by the wallop lane switch then the game would think the shot went through the building and turns on the magnet.

#20624 12 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Noticed this too…Anyone else annoyed by this as much as I am?! It’s super tacky and I wish stern would just put back in ‘godzilla’.

I think it's fun and funny. Why not have a little fun with stuff once in awhile? They had a good Waison callout in Avengers Infinity Quest too.

#20711 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dumb question how is mecha triggered on a Premium?
Is it a switch attached to him so when he gets hit it registers?
Asking because we seem to never trigger him these days and I am not seeing anything in switch test when I rock him back and forth. Looking him over I am not really seeing anything under or behind him.
I am sure I am just overlooking something.

There are no switches on Mecha itself. Just the right spinner ramp and three targets there.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--mechamb

#20730 11 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

Here is a picture and to me it looked like there is already a Cliffy-like protector installed (or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing)?
[quoted image]
edit: also thank you for the suggestions everyone. I do have a bit of an issue with the godzilla multiball balls going SDTM so I will consider that mod after trying the plastic adjustment mentioned in this thread.

Here's what I do on all of mine and it works great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/255#post-6688937

2 weeks later
#20985 11 months ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Any idea on how to fight the second? I beat Gigan the other day and kept doing well but never lit another battle.
Read thru the rules and must have missed how to start another. I know I got a lot more ramps too!

Change cities, then hit each ramp to light battle at the scoop.

1 week later
#21220 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Afternoon everyone, came across a potential issue that I’ve never seen before….
My Pro’s shooter doesn’t seem to hardly hit the ball and only on a full plunge. If it’s anything less, the ball doesn’t get hit and sometimes the shooter makes the auto plunge mechanism hit the ball. The ball rests on the auto plunge mech, see pic, which I didn’t ever notice before on the Premium I had.
Thanks for any and all help.
[quoted image]

If there’s a washer outside the cabinet on the shooter rod remove it and that will help slightly move it forward.

Using a stronger spring inside the cabinet can help make up for it a bit also.

Main issue with yours could be the length of the spring outside the cabinet. Seems like some of those can be a bit too long lately. I just got 2 of these from PinballLife to correct for the same issue you’re having.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-barrel-spring-075-long.html

#21318 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

No, but i was wanting to dial them in a little
My alien pin allows you to adjust coil strength, and hold times etc
Are sterns factory fixed and unadjustable?

They can be adjusted. I set up mine a bit steep so I raised left flipper power a bit. Perfectly normal to do so.

I’m not near my machine but it should be in the menu under “Adjustments” - “Game” and if you scroll to the left through then I think you get to flipper settings faster than going to the right through numerical order. Dial it in wherever you feel good with it.

#21397 10 months ago

That heat ray on the topper looks like it's coming from his hand instead of his mouth.

And did they use the exact same Godzilla figure from the playfield? It sure looks like it.

#21425 10 months ago

Cary Hardy GZ topper video recording in 3, 2, 1...

#21560 10 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is Stern labeling the zip-tie as exclusive?

Lol you can have your zip tie in any color you want as long as it’s black.

#21748 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wonder if the shadow will be cast across the room, ceiling or just on the topper? Trying to find some savior in there

The description says "flash lamp projecting Godzilla's shadow". My guess is that behind the blue fart cloud on the topper is a flasher pointed at the Godzilla sculpt so that when the flasher goes off the shadow from the sculpt shows on the wall.

This is only a complete guess based on looking at the picture and thinking about it for 10 seconds, but that's what I'm thinking they've probably done with it.

#21926 10 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

All right, I've spent some time looking here and online for an answer, and I'm having no luck. My building has started intermittently recognizing balls that pass through the bottom. It's making some modes and destruction jackpot very frustrating. In switch test, the entry optos work great, and the exit gate registers perfectly. The magnet is good and strong. Is there an additional switch insde the building? Any thoughts on what could cause it to be intermittent? What should I be looking at? Thanks!

Here’s what I’d do to test it. And I just checked on my machine to make sure it works.
- Take the glass off and go into switch test
- take a ball out and either close the coin door or pull out the interlock switch
- while in switch test, use the flippers to repeatedly shoot through the building. This will give you a true test of what’s going on when you’re playing vs using your hand to test the switches.

Watch the switch number showing on the top left of the LCD. On shots through the building you should see the switch number show 52 and then 53. Whichever one of those is only intermittently registering will be the issue.

#21994 10 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Probably not the most objective forum to ask, but I have an Elwin JP premium and I’m thinking of adding a Godzilla premium as a second machine. I’ve played Godzilla and have loved it. I’m curious if these two machines make a good pair. JP is more of a shooters machine so for casuals that play it there can be some challenge. It feels like GZ is more accessible for the most part with longer ball times.
What do you all think?

Yep, very different games just as you described but both are great games and I think they go well together.

#22008 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

OT but what are the two or 3 most common nut sizes on the playfield again? Going to the store to get some cheap but essential nut drivers. Thanks in advance...

Standard set seems to be 1/4, 3/16, 11/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, and 1/2

In my set of those sizes, the ones I think I have not used much on pinball are 3/16, 7/16, and 1/2. The others have all been very useful for pinball.

#22046 10 months ago

Bad flasher placement on the topper makes the shadow look like Godzilla is holding his hands up to surrender. Not a very menacing look.

#22047 10 months ago

I think this could make a good caption contest. Here’s a picture from the video. Make up a quote for the shadow. Here’s my (lame) starting entry:

“Is it starting to rain?”

IMG_6283 (resized).jpegIMG_6283 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#22496 10 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

What are the dimensions of a new box off the pallet. I want to determine if it will fit in a Chrysler Pacifica with the seats folded into the floor. I can get 2 unboxed games and if I work at it 3 games in my minivan. Thanks.

From Page 56 of the manual 56.5 x 31 x 31 inches

#22531 10 months ago
Quoted from mcubed:

I became a member of the "broken magna grab plastic" club this morning. I'd thought myself ineligible for membership as my machine (Premium, NIB) had the revised design from Stern.
I reached out to Stern and they said to open a ticket through my distributor. Which I could do, but it hardly seems worth the trouble for a $10 part; and I'm likely going to be buying a few as I'm guessing this will be an ongoing problem.
I see Pinball Life has them available, but they are the old design. Is anyone aware of a source for the new design?
Failing that, I suppose I could stay with the old design and implement the fix listed in this forum.
Any comments/suggestions welcome.
TIA,
Matt[quoted image]

Common issue. Check this key post for a possible way to limit the travel of the bridge to keep it from hitting the plastic

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6714220

#22568 10 months ago
Quoted from skinny_norris:

What do you think? Any possibility to get the mode without the topper?
I can't mount any topper because my ceiling is too low.

If you want to play King of the Monsters on your machine and you're having trouble playing through the game to get there, you can still do it without the topper. Just take the glass off and roll the ball around by hand until you qualify KOTM in the game. Then put the glass back on and start it.

It may not be an ideal solution (it would be nice to have it as a selectable mode like they did on Jurassic Park and AIQ), but it could still be done relatively easily.

1 week later
#22838 9 months ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Is the upper left flipper supposed to get the ball up the ramp easily or is it mostly there to perform loops?
I ask because I find loops no problem but tough to get the ball up the ramp, even with upper left flipper power set at maximum.
Thanks.
Roger

Designed to only hit loops

#22844 9 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

I was reading the tilt forums rules sheet and it talked about the tank shots in the tank multiball going towards the captive ball.
Uh, where is that captive ball? Is this a typo?

There's a captive ball behind the Magna Grab magnet. So when you hit the magnet you're also hitting the captive ball.

1 week later
#22977 9 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Can you explain what the "Early Planet X" is. I didnt know there was an early and later version of Planet X. I thought I knew the rules front and back from studying up on the rule sheet on Tilt Forums. For Planet X, you need to go thru all the cities and also play Tanks, Power, and Bridge. Is that correct? Is that the early version?

Last code update had a change to the rules that let's you get to Planet X earlier. Previously you had to play all the Tier I and Tier II battles to get to Planet X.

The latest update added an adjustment in the menu called "Planet X Unlock". Default is set to "Early". On "Early" you only have to do the following to get to Planet X:
- Play any Tank Attack Multiball
- Play any Bridge Attack Multiball
- Play any Tesla Strike
- Play any Kaiju Battle

It basically gives people an easier way to play Planet X without putting a Challenge Mode in at the start button. And by making it easier to play Planet X it also makes it easier to get King of the Monsters, since playing Planet X is one of the requirements to light that mode.

You can change the menu setting to "Normal" to play using the rules from the previous code, or you can still just choose to not play Planet X on the new setting until you get through all Tier II battles.

#23144 9 months ago
Quoted from akerson:

Hi need some help, brand new machine with ~100 plays and having trouble with left flipper. Only adjustment I've made so far is turning down flipper power.
Today I noticed it feels "soft", it's now flipping with way less power (like I can't make it up right ramp) and ball catching either spring boards the ball or perfectly dapens it. My guess is it's "stuck" in low voltage somehow and my dual switches are jacked up but I don't really know how to fix it. Anyone experience this and can throw me some wise words?

First thing I'd check is the coil stop. See if the rivet on the stop is loose or missing. If it's not that, then compare the different parts to the right flipper and see if you find anything different about the left.

#23151 9 months ago
Quoted from akerson:

Bracket is snug but I do think this is the cause of my issues, as you can see from pic there's a significant gap and it's allowing the coil to wiggle and the "button" on the bottom to actually move around. The bad news is both sides were nice and snug, I reseated them both but same thing.
[quoted image]

If nothing about the flipper mech jumps out at you as being off then maybe try (with the machine off) pushing a bit on all the connection points. Where the soldered connection is on the coil and push on or re-seat connections upstream from the flipper too. I once had my shooter lane in JP get weak, and I pushed on the connection points and it resolved. Just an idea.

1 week later
#23329 9 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Had a premium delivered yesterday, making my way through this thread and I have a couple noobie questions. Have the pitch at 6.5 and it plays ok, have noticed some people are a bit higher. What is this game intended to be at? 6.7 maybe. Also balls are getting stuck on the building entrance, mostly when it’s hit up there at lower speeds. Any way to adjust it a bit more flush with the playfield? Thanks

Play at whatever pitch you like. Might possibly have fewer stuck balls if you bump it up to 6.7-6.8 also. That's where mine is and I just bumped up the left flipper power to keep the right ramp shot consistent with the increased pitch.

4 weeks later
#23806 8 months ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Anyone know if they are going to add CoOp through IC like the new JP code?

Probably when they release the next Godzilla LE in a couple years. (Sarcasm but you never know anymore...)

1 week later
#23929 8 months ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Last week I had a ball go down the right out lane with oxygen destroyer lit. It did the count down and I hit the building shot with a second left and nothing happened. Flippers stopped, ball drained. I thought it was odd, but maybe I wasn’t quite fast enough.
Today though, I had it happen again and I hit the shot with several second left. On another game, I had destruction jackpot ready and hit the shot a couple times without getting the jackpot.
What should I be looking for to be causing the building shot not to register correctly?
Thanks!!

Likely will be the entry or exit switch not registering. I’d go into switch test mode and hit the building shot using the flippers to see if the building entry and exit switches are both registering on the shot.

The entry switch will only flash on screen very quickly before the exit (wallop lane) switch registers. You can take video of the screen and play it back to see if they both register.

#24029 7 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

My Godzilla seems to play OK, but when I compare the spongy feel of the flippers to the tightness and speed of my Iron Maiden machine, there is no contest. I dialed up the flipper strength in Zilla, but even near maximum it is equal to an Iron Maiden medium setting. The plunger on Godzilla is kind of weak as well. Just curious if this is typical between these two machines or should I possibly replace the Godzilla flipper motors and plunger?

In general, Godzilla feels slower than Iron Maiden because the shots are longer and steeper. So that could be part of it.

But also, how much has your machine been played since the last time the coil sleeves were replaced? Changing out dirty coil sleeves for new ones can add some snap back into the flippers.

#24033 7 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Appx 1000 games. Is that about the life expectancy on them?

It's not a matter of wear & tear life expectancy of the sleeve. The sleeve itself lasts just fine. The issue is the grit built up inside the sleeve. It builds up very slowly over time and that causes flipper power to decrease very gradually and very slightly over time because of the increased friction it causes on the plunger inside the sleeve. You don't really notice the loss of power because it's such a slight change over time, but then there comes a point where you realize the flippers do seem a bit weaker than they used to be.

I would definitely have changed them by 1,000 plays. On mine I usually change them between 300-500 plays, and sometimes a bit sooner if I'm under the hood working on it and it's going to be time for a change soon anyway.

They're really inexpensive parts and pretty easy to change, and I have 5 machines so I order about 30 at a time to just have them on hand whenever I need them.

2 weeks later
#24297 7 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Watching this latest stern vid.. Jason Werdrick restarts his Rodan timer. I didn't know this was possible. How do you do it?

There isn't a way to "restart the timer" on Rodan. You can start Rodan with a shot to the scoop when Rodan is the lit ally. Then once it ends if you have another ally lit but not yet collected you can shoot the scoop to start a new Rodan if that's the ally lit when you hit the scoop. But you can't get the timer reset while Rodan is still running.

In the video it was just the start of a new Rodan 2x ally. Look at the insert lights. When you scroll back a bit you see he didn't have Rodan running before the spot in the video you bookmarked. At the 26:30 mark no allies are lit. Then he starts GZ MB and soon after MB starts he earns an ally. At that point you can see an ally insert light changing with every flip of the right flipper. Then at 27:17 he shoots the scoop while Rodan is lit, so that starts Rodan. When he started that Rodan the person announcing just mistakenly thought he'd had Rodan running previously.

2 weeks later
#24483 6 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

thanks! I have never managed to win 2 battles in a single game so this will take awhile...lol

You don't need to win a battle. You can just hit 1/2 of the shots in a battle and then you can change cities and go to a new battle.

#24486 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would put Titanosaurus as even a bit easier than ebirah with the multiball. It also makes that right tesla target shot more likely to get hit by a random chance. That thing is tough for me to hit.

Tee up Heat Ray & Godzilla MB to be ready for the start of Titanosaurus. Start the battle, start multiball, hit the first two targets, and then use Heat Ray for the 3rd one. Makes it a nice quick Titanosaurus battle.

#24489 6 months ago
Quoted from Dirtyduggan:

I've owned a Godzilla pro since June, which is my first machine. I recently noticed that the two rollovers in the tail whip loop may not be doing anything. No call outs or points seem to be triggered by a tailwhip shot, short plunge, etc.
Is there a place to find out what the rollovers should trigger?
What's the best way to troubleshoot a rollover switch?

Here's how I'd start looking at it.

Take the glass off and go into the menu system and select switch test. Pull out the interlock switch (the white knob at the lower left inside the coin door). Let a ball roll over the switches and see if there's a noise indicating the switch registered. If not, then press the switch down with your finger.

If the switch registers with your hand but not the ball then the switch arm needs to be adjusted so the ball will press the arm into the button on the microswitch.

If the switch doesn't register at all, then push the interlock switch back in to cut high voltage power and lift the playfield to the service position. Once that's done, pull the switch back out and push the button on the microswitch by hand to see if it registers. If it does, then the arm needs to be adjusted. If it doesn't, then cut high voltage power at the interlock switch again and start looking at the wiring of the switches. Re-seat any connections and push on connections to see if it might just be a loose connection.

That should give you a good start at trying to figure out what might be causing it.

1 week later
#24562 6 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Hey all. I've had my God pro almost a month now and i love it. I have noticed that the scoop does not seem to eject the ball consistently when I make that shot. I sometimes have to shake the machine and even sometimes the game has to go through it's auto eject sequence to bring the ball out. I want to learn to maintain my own machines. Is there a sensor in the scoop that can be adjusted? Can someone point me to a good video that goes through the process?
Thanks all.

When the ball goes into the scoop it rests on a metal arm that presses a button on a micro switch to tell the game a ball is in the scoop.

Could be either a loose wire on the switch or the arm of the switch needs to be slightly adjusted.

Go into switch test and press the arm and see if it registers. Then put a ball in and see if it registers. Adjust until the ball consistently registers.

#24579 6 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I am determined to join this club this week, but I was hoping for a little advice.
Have the option for a NIB pro for 7k or a "freight damaged" Premium for 8.8 The damage is a small scratch on the LCD screen, and the shooter not making good contact with the ball so the "playfield brackets are a little off" but the corners are square.
Im pretty handy, but have limited experiece with newer games. It sounds like it took a fall? The art is ok.
WWYD?

I’d say trust whatever your instinct is telling you on this. First decide whether you want pro or premium. If you want pro NIB then go for it. I think the fact that you’re asking this question means you’re correctly having hesitation about what the true condition of the damaged machine might be.

To me when I read “playfield brackets are a little off” that sounds like there was a decently hard impact. Those brackets aren’t going to be bent from a little bump. So who knows what else might be off with the machine? It has damage so to my thinking it’s in the low end of the used market vs thinking of it as a discount NIB. And to me $8.8k doesn’t sound like enough of a discount off the used market to take the chance.

If it were me and I knew I wanted a premium I’d wait a bit and look around to get a decent used one for around $9k or less. I’d think you could currently get one at around that price. Godzillas are everywhere. You might end up paying a couple hundred more than the damaged one you’re considering but to me that would be worth it to save you any potential problems in the long run.

1 week later
#24681 6 months ago
Quoted from Haus7878:

Anyone have some good recommendations on power setting for the flippers? I'd like to know what some good setting are for factory flippers and the precision flippers.

I had factory flippers. With pitch at 6.8 these settings were really good on mine: left 255, right 235, and upper left at default 168.

#24685 6 months ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Hey all, had my GZ for a few months now and noticing that the Kaiju battle VUK rejects the ball a lot and takes a very, very precise shot to even kind of want to go in. For example, it will hit a direct shot, slap the back of the guard and pop out.
Is this normal or do I just suck?

Not normal. Have you tried taking slow motion video of rejected shots to try to see how it’s bouncing out? If not, it’s definitely worth doing in order to maybe get an idea for how to adjust it.

#24688 6 months ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Do you think it will just loosen up over time, like break in? I'm not going to lower the power on the flipper, it barely makes it up the right ramp as it is.

What’s your current left flipper power and what’s the pitch of your playfield?

#24708 5 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Yup that's the one. I was actually able to locate the PN in the manual, but thanks for confirming for me. I'll order it online if I have too, but I'm gonna see if my local distributor has them first. I hate not playing my pin, especially since I just bought the darn thing a month ago.

If you haven’t already, check to make sure the wiring to the switch is good. Your switch issue could be due to the switch going bad or due to a wire leading to the switch breaking. I had a wire break on my scoop switch once. Easy fix though.

Those micro switches don’t usually go bad so early in life so it’s worth at least checking the wires to make sure you’re addressing the true cause of the issue.

1 week later
#24861 5 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My game is stock and never had trouble with the ramps even after long gameplay. Honestly, never noticed flipper fade on any Stern game.
GZ code is fine as is. I think they made it to easy in last update. It seems like you barely have to do anything to advance all the way through the game. Although I rather it be a little too easy than too hard. Coding these games cost money. I rather Stern simplify the rules a bit and get it done early to bring cost of games down. I feel like these games are too complicated for the vast majority of players. Very few get to these ultra deep wizard modes and pretty much nobody understands all the code details.

The other side of that is 70% of their customers are buying to have the game at home, and I think a pretty meaningful percentage of those customers want a deep game that will hold their interest over a long period of time in order to make it worth shelling out $7k to $13k for a machine.

#24927 5 months ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I have a Godzilla Premium coming in a few weeks. While watching a Twitch stream last night, the streamer (Flipstream), mentioned that the game comes with some material (lubricant?) you need to apply to the building which helps its movement and reduces noise. First I had heard of that. Can anyone confirm?

It comes with the game in case it's ever needed. But it's not something you need to put on right away and there's a decent chance you won't ever need it, or at least won't need it for a long time.

1 week later
#25094 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Anyone encounter problems with high power not shutting off when the coin door is open? My tech and I spent some time trying to fix it but couldn’t. He’s an electrical engineer, a long-time collector and has pinball machines on location. But we’re stumped.

It’s not just being caused by a faulty or broken interlock switch?

1 week later
#25190 4 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Has anyone ever seen or know how often the lead shaft that moves the building up and down should be lubricated on the LE and Premium models? I can't find anywhere the information, but it was good that Stern put a tube of this lubricant in the goodie bag. I could call Stern but thought posting it here would benefit all.

Doesn't need to be done on any sort of a regular or semi-regular basis. Tube was included as a "use if needed" thing. If the building is working well, then you don't need it.

#25273 4 months ago

+1 here for the movie Godzilla Minus One. Saw it in IMAX and really liked it.

Also very cool that the movie had a bunch of stuff in it licensed from the pinball machine like heat ray, tanks, trains, falling building... lol Really good movie.

#25277 4 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

It really is phenomenal. I took my boys to see it over the weekend and we're all still talking about how good it was...I'll probably try and see it a second time in the theatre (where I can guarantee that the 'Taylor Swift' movie isn't in the neighboring auditorium...could hear distant pumping bass throughout...whoops! )

And the movie really is a reminder of what a great job Elwin and team did on the pinball machine to capture the essence and feel of the Godzilla movies.

#25287 4 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

OT, but seeing as there is a lot of talk about it- Without ruining anything, is there a reason to watch any other Godzilla movies before going to see the new one? I've been wanting to watch/rewatch the old ones, but if there are newer movies that specifically relate to Minus One, I want to see them first. Please, no spoilers!

I've never been deep into the movies so I could be wrong, but after seeing Minus One I'd say you don't need to see any other first. It seemed more like an origin/first contact story, and I didn't feel like I was missing any context or anything when watching it.

#25301 4 months ago
Quoted from Big_C_70092:

Ok. So I get that my building opto is bad. How come if I’m shooting tons of ramps the building is never fully damaged? It does not creak and come down a level. I know the outer ramps are registering and the building exit shot is registering. Seems once enough ramps are hit the building should lower allowing lacking of balls.

You have to hit ramps and building shots to light lock. Just ramps won’t do it.

#25332 4 months ago
Quoted from Clovenhuf:

Saw the new movie last night, my thoughts:
Godzilla move: B+
‘Movie’ movie: solid C
::SPOILERS::
Things they got right:
- Godzilla looks the most bad-ass I’ve ever seen him. They absolutely nailed the aesthetic in his modern-retro design; perfect homage to the original Toho look.
- Atomic Breath was chill inducing. Just amazing from the charge up spikes protruding to the release and mushroom-cloud explosion just decimating everything. F’n perfect.
Things they got wrong:
- Godzilla reveal literally in the first scene of the movie. Granted, not the ‘nuked’ final Godzilla, but same thing at a smaller scale. The best part of any Godzilla movie, in my humble opinion, is when Godzilla finally shows up to raise some hell.
- Stupid humans actually defeating Godzilla. Godzilla NEVER loses to the humans, period. They can not defeat him, (without the help of another Kaiju) only hope to contain him, or he gets diverted somehow back to the ocean. He’s not even defeated by the military, but some bullsh*t B-Team community activists. Seriously?
- general Continuity, See below.
- In the opening scene, why did Godzilla chose that particular time to attack? The humans obviously had been there for a while as they had structures built including defensive outposts. This could have been easily explained with a simple throw-away line or two: The pilot was on a secret mission and carrying some chemical, (maybe for the oxygen destroyer) that attracted Godzilla? Simple and easy and sticks with established lore.
Also, someone could have mentioned maybe that the island natives have folklore of a prehistoric creature that occasionally hunts the island, or somesh*t. Just set it up better.
- Godzilla’s nuke transformation happens as the equivalent of a cut scene, practically off screen. Why was that island nuked? Did they know about Godzilla and were they looking to destroy him? Was it fallout from Hiroshima or Nagasaki? C’mon, basic storytelling.
- The little girl was a useless character you could completely remove from the script and nothing would change. She literally had three lines; Mommy, Daddy, and ‘cry’.
- Godzilla seemed to be radioactive only when the script needed it. Mr pilot and his wannabe wife looked to be somewhere between 2 and 4 blocks from Godzilla when he shot the atomic breath. She got swept up in the explosion, (more on that later) and he was just fine. No fallout.
- Seriously, What. The. F with that stupid plan to defeat Godzilla. Why not just introduce the Oxogen Destroyer like the original film and stick with established lore? They even could have said it was some secret weapon the Imperial Navy was developing with the Axis powers as a U-boat deterrent, or SOMETHING. Just Stupid. Also, in the second part of that jackass plan where they were going to raise Godzilla to presumably give him The Bends?! They had already raised him from the ocean floor a considerable enough amount, so obviously the plan wasn’t going to work, so why continue to raise him to the surface? Answer: Because the script needs Mr pilot to fly a plane into his mouth.
- Mr Pilot’s experimental plane flight. NEVER was it established that he was an extraordinarily skilled pilot, yet he managed to fly a prototype rear propeller plane like a pro. With NO prior test runs. I’m no aviator, but I’ve got to think the handling of a rear propelled aircraft is significantly different than piloting a front propelled plane. Again, a simple lost opportunity in that the prototype plane could have been similar to the German Me 262 and that the Japanese were collaborating with the Germans on jet planes, more on that below.
- Godzilla’s defeat. I understand the ‘ticking clock’ scenario (see Bond at the end of Goldfinger) where a minute timer somehow extends to 5 minutes, but the time it took from Godzilla’s atomic breath full charge and release was conveniently delayed enough so Mr. Pilot had time to fly his plane into Godzilla’s mouth. This could have been cleaned up if a jet plane was used as previously mentioned above.
- Mr. Pilot’s wannabe wife’s miraculous recovery. Seriously? She looked like she walked out of wardrobe before they finished wrapping the bandages. Pristine, immaculate, no blemishes. Wouldn’t she be significantly scarred at the least, blistering with radiation poisoning at the most. C’mon. Honorable mention for the little girls performance in that scene; did she just wake up from a nap?
Final Thoughts: A seriously flawed ‘Movie’ but a fun entrant to the Godzilla universe. It’s worth a watch.

I mean… you’re not wrong about conveniently timed events, unlikely sequences, and other things being in the movie that you’re characterizing as “flaws”. But that pretty much describes 90% of all movies.

Otherwise they’d be documentaries.

***Spoiler Alert in the post by jedimastermatt immediately below this post. Skip over it if you haven't seen the movie and don't want to know***

#25334 4 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Re: the spouse’s recovery - did you notice “something” rapidly growing/changing on her neck in the final shot… that then cuts directly to the shot of Godzilla regenerating underwater.
Either the “growth” on her is the radiation sickness or… are we certain that she really survived and isn’t something else regenerating? The director has mentioned wanting to do a sequel. If so, both of these events are the likely threads that will be pulled.

For people who haven't seen the movie, maybe put spoiler alert before you type something about what happens in the movie. Or just don't type specific information that spoils it.

If I hadn't already seen the movie, I would have been very disappointed after reading your post.

#25338 4 months ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Ok I’ll bite. Saw these badges promoted in Stern update today, but how does one find out how to get them??
[quoted image]

Log into Stern Insider Connected. They don't seem to have done a good job listing the info in the browser of a phone. On a PC you can click on "Stern Events" and the information will be there for each quest.

Godzilla doesn't start until Dec. 20. Bond "7 Days of 007" starts Dec. 7. Venom is running now.

Here's the info from their page for Venom and Bond quests:

Venom: Starting on December 1, 2023, scan and play any of Stern Pinball's Insider Connected Venom games for the “Defeat the Symbiotes” Quest. Every game counts during the month of December! Get a cumulative score of 10 billion to earn the “Knull Defeated” Badge!

Bond:
1) Play 7 Games on 12/7 - Scan and play a James Bond 007 or 60th Anniversary Edition game 7 times on 12/07 to earn this badge.
2) Play 7 Days Straight - Scan and play a James Bond 007 or 60th Anniversary Edition game for 7 days in a row from 12/07 - 12/13 to earn this badge.
3) Play 7 Distinct Stern Games - Scan and play any 7 Insider Connected Stern game titles during 12/07-12/13 to earn this badge.
4) Play After 7 Any 7 - Scan and play a James Bond 007 or 60th Anniversary Edition game after 7:00 pm on any day during 12/07-12/13 to earn this badge.
badge
5) Score 77 Million Together - Scan and play a multiplayer James Bond 007 game during 12/07-12/13. Get a total score in one game across all players of 77 million to earn this badge.
6) Score 77 Million Cumulative Points in a Single Day - Scan and play a James Bond 007 game during 12/07-12/13. Get a cumulative score of 77 million in one day to earn this badge.
7) Score 700 Million Cumulative Points in 7 Days - Scan and play any James Bond 007 game during 12/07-12/13. Get a cumulative score of 700 million to earn this badge.

#25346 4 months ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Ok well I did some troubleshooting on my building opto boards.. here's what I found.
First off the reflow did not fix my problem. I did not notice any cold solder joints but reflowed all the solder points and still had the same issue. After inspecting the transmitter while plugged into the board you can see in the pic that it is emitting light just fine, however I noticed something strange on the receiver, if you look at the pic the receiver LED light is on. This LED is only supposed to be on when there is communication between the emitter ands receiver, and when you break the light path between them the LED should go out. This is how all the other optos work on the playfield, however this receiver has the LED status indicator on all the time. So knowing this info, there is definitely something wrong with the receiver portion of the system., I hope this makes sense. Guess I will just have to wait for a new one to get here.

Just curious, is the red light going out if you cover up the receiver so no light is getting to it?

#25457 4 months ago
Quoted from JP76:

I have 2 stern shakers and they both squeak. PBL sells an adaptor that reverses direction of shaker and supposedly doesn’t squeak. I want to try it. They are only $5 so worth a shot.

I got one for a squeaky shaker and it worked. Note that it didn’t eliminate the squeak immediately, but after a day or two it was gone.

#25518 4 months ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Got the call that my new Godzilla Premium is getting delivered tomorrow! Is there any special calibration that needs to be done manually to the building mech out of the box, or is that handled automatically on start up? I also understand a bottle of lube for the building is provided, but doesn't need to be used until there's noise or an issue later on?

Lube doesn't need to be used on any regular basis. It's there as an "if ever needed" item.

#25536 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I have tried searching for the answer but not found anything... has Elwin ever explained *why* the design was for the Godzilla MB to drain SDTM at the start?

Yes in this post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6718166

1 week later
#25789 4 months ago
Quoted from superford:

Super easy to switch the topper gargoyle lights from green to red, took about 20 minutes and matches the blood red

I think you’re looking for Theater 4 down the hall. This is Theater 2.

#25806 4 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I've always played for KotM by trying to do everything before getting there, so getting it at PU11 after visiting all cities, planet x and doing Monster Zero and Terror. During this 12 days I've been experimenting with the short cut at PU8 but I don't understand it. Several times I've done Monster Zero, got to PU8 and only Terror is there as an option. Other times KotM is available at PU8. I have no idea why, please can someone explain it to me as I can't work it out from the Tilt forum.

In those games, did you go to Planet X? This is from the release notes for code update 1.05:

Godzilla Powerup - when the "PLANET X UNLOCK" adjustment is set to "EARLY", completing at least the first Hurry Up in Planet X
will unlock a 2nd choice for Godzilla Powerup Level 8. The first choice is always lighting the mini-wizard
mode you didn't pick from Level 4. The second choice (if available) will be "Light King of the Monsters".
- any mini-wizard mode skipped by choosing "Light King of the Monsters" is no longer available for the rest of the game

#25851 4 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Hey guys. I think the switch that has been giving my problems off and on has finally gone out completely. This is the scoop shot switch that activates the Kaju battle. I did a switch test and I can get other switches to register but no that one. How hard is it to replace that switch? It looks pretty easy; 2 screws and 2 wires...but is there any programming and software I need to change when doing this? I am new to pinball. This is my first machina and i've only had it about 2 months.

Have you checked the wiring to the switch under the playfield? Could be that a wire broke. Happened on mine. Quick repair got it back up and running in 5 minutes.

2 weeks later
#26299 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can someone lead me to the games rules for this game, pro version if there is one. Thanks!

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

#26341 3 months ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

Hey a couple of questions about my new machine.
I have a digital leveler I just purchased and when I went to look at my current incline I’m at 6.8 degrees when measuring at the upper playfield and by the slings I’m 6.3. Is my game warped and should I leave it like that or get my lower playfield to 6.5
The game is perfectly even side to side though.

Very common to have a different measurement lower and higher up on the playfield. Bottom line is to not really target a certain number as much as just getting it to a spot where it seems good to you.

But for reference, when my playfield has measurements similar to yours I start by setting the pitch by the flippers to about 6.4. Then you’d be at about 6.9 higher up. See how that feels. If it seems a bit too floaty or slow then raise it up by about .5 at a time until it get to a spot where you like it.

#26442 3 months ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

How would I know if the building entrance opto is not working

Here are 3 different ways to try:
- shoot a ball into the building and the shot doesn’t register, or
- go into active switch test and the opto is registering when it shouldn’t be, or
- go into switch test and roll a ball past the opto and switch test doesn’t register it.

#26564 89 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

What an I doing wrong?
Beat a monster go to london.
Beat second monster and normally all hell breaks loose. Mechagodzilla, Gz MB, bridge or tanks, rampage, monster zero, and or saucer mb.
once i catch my breath im looking towards the scoop to leave, but city select isnt available.
tiltforums rulesheet says u can leave once you conquer a city, which 3 of 4 modes completed at least should definitely qualify!
why cant i leave london? in gz it’s pretty easy to fly out of heathrow otherwise

Quoted from apexpinhead:

Anyone ever experience a glitch in the first city where you beat the Kaiju battle but the option to change cities just never appears at all? Hundreds of plays on my machine and it's the first time this happened. Beat Titanosaurus but for whatever reason the 'change cities' insert on my playfield never lit up, and no matter how many times I hit the scoop I was never given the option to move cities, no matter how many ramps I hit or other modes accomplished. I know this wasn't an issue with the scoop switch as it recognized godzilla powerups and allies when available.

Quoted from jawjaw:

You sure you didn't have some other mode running like tesla or tanks?

1 week later
#26746 77 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Lol sorry, couldn't find the correct nomenclature for the actual effect. At least on a Pro, a shot up the middle of the building orbits out the left and the Magnet triggers to whip it around the Magna Grab Cap cap preventing a SDTM Drain. Mine is not firing consistently. Upon testing the switch and optos, and tossing a ball up there with my hand, I came to find that it was only the faster shots that were not responding.
It looks like the Magna Grab Cap is so beat to shit that its not making good contact for faster building shots, but it will make a connection for MagnaGrab, GZ Multiball, Destruction Jackpots, since those are a much stronger magnetization.
Spun my cap around and it seems to be working find. I ordered the $10 replacement and will swap them when they arrive.

You say you rolled by hand, but have you tried going into switch test and using the flippers to shoot through the building to see if the rollover switch in the Wallop lane is consistently registering? I know a few people have had an issue before where fast shots weren't registering and they had to adjust the wire for Switch 53, and when they rolled it by hand it wasn't showing the problem because it doesn't accurately simulate the situation (fast shots) that's causing the problem.

If you haven't done it already, I'd take the glass off, block the drain with a rag, and do switch test using the flippers to hit shots through the building a bunch of times. You should see Switch 53 Building Exit register for every shot through the building. If it doesn't register for some shots, then you need to adjust the wire.

#26762 75 days ago
Quoted from gofast23:

I bought my GZ Premium used and it is my only pin. Are you saying that every ball that exits the building should be caught by the magnet? That has not been my experience, but there was really no way for me to know that it might not be operating correctly. My experience is that it will catch the slower balls, but faster shots come back to the right flipper. That always seemed reasonable since catching slower balls probably does save a drain and the faster balls are not a problem. Also introduces some variety and variation in game play.

No, not every ball should be caught. There are some shots that come through the wallop lane that come screaming back at the flippers. But for the ones that should be caught the rollover switch in the wallop lane needs to register.

And I'm glad to see there's a Godzilla in Kalispell! I grew up in Whitefish. Haven't been back in a long time though.

#26763 75 days ago
Quoted from gofast23:

Does anyone know if there is a way to force a ball search in the middle of a game?
I'm experiencing an issue where my launch off the shooter rod will rattle up the Mecha Lane and get caught behind the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp. The machine will not perform an automatic ball search, presumably because no switches were activated and it does not realize a ball is in play. Yet strangely, the auto-plunge will not work either. So the machine knows it ejected a ball from the trough, it knows there is no ball in the outlane (i.e. the auto-plunge not working), yet it does not realize a ball is in play and is stuck somewhere on the field? I don't understand its logic.
If I hold down the start button, it will begin a new game but it will not eject a new ball from the trough. If I cancel the game (left flipper+start), it will auto-plunge as if it thinks there is a ball in the outlane.

Here's a post where someone had the same issue awhile back. Not sure if it was a bug in the code not activating ball search or if there was a switch activating that kept the machine from going into ball search.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/402#post-7511337

And here's a pic I posted awhile back showing where I put a cabinet bumper to prevent traps in that spot. The ball can still get stuck with the bumper there, but having the bumper there makes it so it only takes a gentle nudge to free it. Whereas without the bumper there isn't any amount of nudging that was freeing it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/59#post-6612467

#26809 72 days ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

Do you have more info on which shots should not be caught?
nickrivers I am observing something similar in my Pro for quite a while now. Shots which go into the building and out of the wallop lane sometimes don't get caught by the magnet. I also think that these are always the faster shots... I am currently on 1.07 but was observing this in earlier versions as well. In switch test with glass off and manually rolling balls through the building, everything works fine. Didn't even occur to me that the flipper fingers work in switch test So will do that next. I have not yet fiddled with the magnet settings...

Thanks, that's another thing that I will be checking.

Sorry, I was thinking backwards. It's the reverse wallop lane shots that come screaming back at you, when you hit it into the wallop lane and it comes out the building.

1 week later
#26870 64 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Posted about a magnetized return habitrail a few posts back - any insight?

Where on the wire form is it getting stuck? Any pics?

2 weeks later
#26968 45 days ago
Quoted from Scala:

Are there any rumblings of a GZ code update in the pipeline?
I'm hoping for some bug fixes (rampage, unskippable cutscenes), but would of course also really appreciate some bigger updates like a co-op mode similar to what JP got recently or maybe some new monster battles.
Honestly, I'm kind disappointed in the lack of bug fixes at the very least

What you're listing as bug fixes (rampage & unskippable scenes) are actually design choices and code requirements. Rampage is a design choice. Gotta play through it as a challenge in the game. It's how the designer envisioned the game being played with that in there as a roadblock/challenge. Similar to Thanos Attacks in AIQ.

Having some scenes that can't be skipped is a function of what works for code and gameplay. In all of this teams' games so far they've done a pretty good job of making it so as many scenes as possible can be skipped if you want. In any game there will often still be some scenes that can't be skipped for some reason though. Jaws is early and I'm sure they'll smooth it out in that game too.

#26971 45 days ago
Quoted from Scala:

My issue with rampage is the bugginess at the end of it. Sometimes it ends and then starts again for the last shot. It's definitely a bug.
Some of the unskippable cutscenes are fine, but imo it's a bug when a should-be-skippable cutscene blocks you from getting a chance at turning the magnet off for an imposter reward at the left lane because the ball stops swinging before you're allowed to drop it. (I know you can shoot backwards up the lane for the reward, but it's less fun)

Yep true about Rampage. Forgot about that ending issue.

1 week later
#27089 35 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Getting more magnetization on the right return to flipper rail. Same as before, balls are fine, it's the habitrail coming from the bridge.
Am I the only owner with this issue?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm thinking if you nudge the habitrail to the right the ball will fall through. Looks like it's hung up on the plastic.

#27109 34 days ago
Quoted from Doctoroctos:

For shaker squeek, I have one of these. Haven’t used it, haven’t needed it. Cannot claim if it works or not.
https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-600-0559-00_ASSEMBLY

I got one of these for a squeaky shaker and it worked.

#27112 34 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I had no idea this even existed...

I believe it reverses the direction of spin on the shaker.

1 month later
#27379 19 hours ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quick question. Is the "King of the Monsters Time Attack" topper mode a truly unique mode or does it spoil the "King of the Monsters" main mode from the base game? Do either share assets and rules? Still considering buying the official Stern topper...

Pretty much the same shots, rules, and structure for the topper mode and the base game mode. Topper mode is just the base mode with slight tweaks to allow it to be played as an enjoyable standalone mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=EaglePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.