F2CAB8CD-C7B6-4789-B396-8690D1EFC852 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3101 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A8B96D76-9C83-484A-B715-4D8E43ED0C9A (resized).jpeg
61DC09D2-9162-4447-A8F2-4FA7823BCF69 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 how to remove the terrible Insider sticker. Posted by PinMonk (31 days ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (14 days ago)

Post #3546 Backbox brightness adjustment Posted by Chisox (7 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drain-O.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 80 days ago

Ordered a Premium this morning! Congrats to the LE victors!

1 month later
#877 37 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

How tall is the Neca figure? Looks too tall from the pics to fit.

He stated both were 6 inches tall, and also he thanked you for attending his TED talk.

#890 37 days ago

I noticed how much harder the left ramp was to nail this last weekend on a Pro at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. One thing I remembered about the building mech was that it raises and lowers and diverts the ball to different ramps based on how high it is. I was wondering what makes it raise and lower, and if you can get more left/right inlane shots on a Premium/LE because of the raising/lowering combined with that right ramp being easier to hit?

#938 36 days ago

I agree, having played both Pro and LE, those mechs make a huge difference. Now what do I need to do to trick Stern into thinking my house is an expo? I want my premium!

#967 36 days ago

Anyone interested in banging on an LE that lives in Colorado, there is one at the Greenwood Village 1up.

#1279 32 days ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Game Exchange??
I'm waiting..............

I'm with ya! Gimmie that bill -- let's do this!

#1626 29 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But not sure if they are available yet

Yea, I don't think they're there yet. I keep looking for my Black Knight Sword of Rage -- because it's pretty much a requirement for that table.

#2038 24 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Premium scheduled for delivery Thursday

From Game Exchange? Now I'm nervous, I haven't received my email yet.

#2125 23 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the output of the power supply to make sure you are getting 48v.
Also, the Prem/LE power supplies are interchangeable for the most part. You could just swap one out of your other machines. Just two connectors and a few nuts to do the swap.

Worth considering as well... I know a good bit about computers, and based on things working for about 2 minutes and then lock/freezing, it sure sounds like a possible heat issue. You've got heatsinks still attached properly to CPU/GPU etc. on the motherboard?

#2168 23 days ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

It definitely seems to be heat related. I'm thinking it's either the PS or CPU node. I'm leaning towards CPU as the pin will only work for about 2-4 mins from a cold start. Heat sink seems to be properly seated on the CPU node.
Still no luck getting through to Stern Tech support. I'm going to swap out the power supply from AIQ when I get home later.

I don't think I would touch it, as it is under warranty. But post-warranty I would take the heatsink off, re-apply thermo-paste and reapply just to be sure you have good contacts. Again -- don't do that now.

#2176 23 days ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Oh trust Drain-O, I wouldn't go that far at this point. I'm just annoyed the money we drop on these and the damn thing doesn't work out of the box.
I question how much they actually test these once assembled.
Thanks again for all the input from everyone!

I'm not sure what the testing practices are, but based on all the rookie-mistake shipping pictures we're seeing in the forums, I would say that regardless of shop testing there is a certain amount that can go wrong, or come loose during the shipping process. All that being said, I feel your pain sir. I'm checking forums 4-5 times a day right now, looking for any info on when I might get my first-wave premium. The anticipation is killing me. I can't imagine what it feels like to finally get your pinball and have problems with it.

#2385 21 days ago

Delayed to Feb-June, not delayed at all, the emotional rollercoaster ... I need a defibrillator

#2387 21 days ago
Quoted from mahony:

Oh No, he didn't just call Teddyb73's distro a liar! You going top take that lying down Teddy?
In all seriousness I bet dealers were only receiving 9 or 10 to begin with. That's probably the initial run. I don't know how many dealers there are in the USA, but if there are 1 per state, that would be around 500 machines just in the USA alone. Not even counting anything in Canada or overseas. Sounds like a lot to me. I was told I was first in line for a Premium, but I don't have a shipping date as of yet. I inquired a few weeks ago and I was told it would be a few weeks. I want to email again but I don't want to be the guy who keeps bugging him.

My distro is expecting 28 (well -- that's what they originally told me) Likely you have some distributors covering several states.

#2724 17 days ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Uh oh...It isn't Next Level, is it?

Same info here. Distributor hasn't received their shipment yet but believes they're going to be shorted, and several people on the first run are now being pushed back to a March (hopefully sooner) run.

#2882 15 days ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Interesting, mine also came with V 8.0 code and also shows 8 ohm as the "default" setting, but it was actually set to 4 ohm from the factory.

For what it's worth... I have premiums of Star Wars and BKSoR. The default is 8 ohm, and I set it back to 4 ohm after reading some of the details, and I actually think it sounds much better at 4 ohm than 8. It certainly isn't as loud but I was getting a lot of clipping and cutouts in the audio, especially speech, which have now gone back to sounding normal. 8 ohm definitely seems geared to the premium speakers.

#2911 15 days ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Happy to see everyone getting their Premiums! Bummed out that I was supposed to be in the Premium first run and got bumped due to Stern shorting my distributor. If anyone decides Godzilla Premium is not for them and you are in the first run, let me know

I feel you. I haven't received official-official confirmation yet, but I think I've been bumped too. I'm holding onto hope, but it doesn't sound good. I sure wish they would just fulfill orders on these premiums before moving on to the new JP and other tables on the line. Having to wait until March even though I got my order in within 30 minutes of the announcement, somehow just doesn't seem 'fair'... but I guess that's got nothing to do with it.

#2913 15 days ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Yeah, don't like having items pushed back but I had good/bad news. My Deadpool was pushed back from Dec to July, but my Godzilla premium should arrive Monday.

Wow. Dec -> July is quite a push. Glad you're getting your GZ though!

#3187 12 days ago

Lots of day 1 orders are getting pushed into March, so a lot of March orders are getting pushed into August. I fully agree that Stern should catch up before releasing yet another new pinball. Stern please keep your customers happy, not frustrated.

#3195 12 days ago
Quoted from gamera9:

They are contractually obligated to release the new titles. It is a licensing issue.

If that is true, then the contracts should be re-negotiated along with changes to future contracts. It all works in Stern's favor now, but if they build a reputation of frustration, it will bite them in the ass when demand slows.

#3213 12 days ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

No it won't. People will still buy from them, just as they are now. They're selling pins as fast as they can make them. It really sucks for they buyer, but that's the current new pin market we are now in.
Just my .02
-Paul

It has to. I appreciate that this is all opinion, but at what point would people consider other options? 1 year wait? 2 years? At some point people aren't going to put down money on something that might or might not show in a "reasonable" amount of time. And at some point you remember the vendor that continuously allowed people (and new machines) to cut in line and go elsewhere.

#3233 12 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm sure it's a combination of shortages and chips/boards are a large part of it. But doing molded custom parts and ramps, etc locally is much more expensive than crating them in from Asia, and the setup is the most expensive phase, so they're unlikely to start over locally on stuff they've already paid for the setup overseas.

What does Stern's "Made in the USA" mean then? Just assembled in the USA? Of course I realize that chips, boards and other electronic parts sometimes need to come from overseas, but are they really outsourcing plastics and moldings?

#3298 11 days ago

There seems to be some disagreement around rock music for pinball. Perhaps it would be less controversial if Stern tried out a different genre, such as classical or easy listening. Beethoven pin anyone?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drain-O.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside