PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Belvedere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

So what is the fix/protection for the plastic above the magnet on a premium? Mine just broke today.

A fellow pinsider mentioned putting a few washers in the coil (the coil that powers the bridge action) between the plunger & the stop. I tried that, & it has worked flawlessly for me so far.

#8056 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Did you find the entrance to the subway ramp on the right was worn? I’m finding now and then a reject from our left ramp is hitting the right of the metal 180 degree ramp. There is no rubber there.

check out post # 1580, he mentions wedging a rubber in there

#8135 2 years ago

Thanks to Sonic for these MRS switches! I feel like the one to the right of the scoop makes for smoother skill shots, & the one below the pop makes for a smoother transition to the flippers. I also put one on my WH20 in that notoriously bad "canyon main" switch position. They work flawlessly & are easy to install. I definitely recommend them !!

34 (resized).jpeg34 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8514 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Since I got GZ Pro back in December, the left ramp has been getting a lot of rejects that rattled around like crazy once it hit the opening. It seems like the ball guide to the left of the Magna Grab was sticking out too far from the magnet. The ball was nicking the very tip of it which would cause it to careen off and start rattling around the entrance.
I loosened the post on the ball guide closest to the magnet, pushed the guide in closer, then tightened the post back down. This reduced the gap between the magnet and ball guide. Afterwards, I noticed a significant decrease in the amount of rattling rejects to the left ramp. You still have to nail the shot for it to go up the ramp, but I haven't noticed any rattling now.
As a bonus, the ball has A LOT more "swing" when the Magna Grab snags it, which slightly increases the ability to make the Imposter award. Before this fix, the ball was barely swinging, probably because it was hitting the ball guide.
Before the fix:
[quoted image]
After the fix:
[quoted image]
If you're getting a lot of rattling rejects on the left ramp, hopefully this helps.

I've noticed since day one my "swing" with the Magna Grab hasn't been the smoothest. I ran home at lunch and pushed both sides in a bit.. much better! Thanks

4 months later
#13241 1 year ago

After updating new code, the sound from the speakers during the restart always gets me! I need to start wearing ear muffs

4 months later
#17343 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I've dug into this further, still seeing the problem (magna grab not holding the ball). I have checked switches and I cannot find any switch that may be activating incorrectly when the destruction jackpot sequence is happening. I have attached two videos of the problem. Also a video of the active switch test in case anyone can spot a switch that is active that should not be. Code version is latest, 1.03. The two magnet adjustments in settings are at the factory default values.
(magna grab)
(destruction jackpot)
(active switch test)
Thanks,
Jack

Check your skill shot switch (by the upper left flipper) & the shooter lane switch (where the ball rests before plunging). I don't think those should be activated

2 months later
#18951 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Godzilla? Anyone have any links to buy?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234827939/godzilla-inspired-kaiju-research

1 month later
#20033 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Trying to instal the Stumblor Neon sign mod. I need to disconnect this scoop sign connector but it won’t budge. Any tips to get it disconnected? There is no clip on top to hook it or place to pull back.
[quoted image]

With stubborn connectors I like to use sandpaper. I cut the sandpaper into manageable pieces and it usually works well.

1 week later
#20305 1 year ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Loving my GZ Prem so far. Very confusing game at first, but 40 plays later I managed to crack 2 bil. Now I'm struggling to get 1 bil again. It's like I know too much and my beginners luck has run out.
I'm hearing some relay clicking in the backbox when I turn on the machine. Sometimes it's 10 or so clicks.. some times it's none. I heard about 40 clicks last night when I switched it on. Everything works fine once it has settled down. Is that normal for a new Stern?

My brother picked up a NIB Elvira recently and it does the same thing. Occasionally he would also get a reset. I emailed Stern about it & they just got back to me yesterday. Here is what Stern said:

"The clicking sound you're hearing is the power supply going into overcurrent protection mode. On power up, the load on the power supply is high while the 3 large capacitors on the power distribution board begin to charge. During this charging period the power supply will shut down a few times to protect itself. This is normal for all of our games. However, it shouldn't take the game over a minute to completely boot nor should it reset during a mode. I'm suspecting there might be an issue with his CPU board that's causing his problem. Please tell him to contact his distributor for an advance replacement for the CPU #509-1003-01"

#20335 1 year ago
Quoted from DJShooter:

Ok, I have almost 100 games in on Godzilla Premium, bridge has never even shaken. I light up the “attack bridge” light and also light up the manga grab light… and shoot the Godzilla newton ball…nothing happens. Newton ball works (grabs ball) for annihilation bonus loop shot. Is my machine broken?

Switch 51 might need some adjusting. It's a small standup target that the captive ball hits to register that shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Belvedere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Belvedere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.