IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4307 2 years ago

Well I'm late to the party but at least I arrived... Sort of, I'm standing in line outside the club. Just put my deposit down on a premium it's going to be a long wait but one that I hope is definitely worth it.Feels good.

#4308 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

My GZ premium came with some scraping at the bottom of the left side art, so I contacted my distro, who put me with Stern, who shipped a replacement...this arrived today:
[quoted image]

Well at least they got the premium part right.

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I like collecting trinkets like keychains and pins, and got this adorable King Ghidorah keychain....also....when is this thread turning into a club thread? =)
[quoted image]

That's cool!

1 week later
#5284 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yes, there are already other variations showing up in this thread. I have a custom Mechagodzilla theme almost ready to go on my game. Waiting for it to arrive.
[quoted image]

Those are effing awesome! Looking forward to seeing picture of everything installed. Nicely done.

#5294 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

fantastic mod and fantastic design. I usually don't do a lot of mods, but this one is a must. And reasonably priced. order placed.

I'm glad you posted this, there's so much going on on this thread it's hard to keep up with everything. This one slipped through the cracks for me. I'm a ways out before I see my premium, but I'm stockpiling mods early. Order placed.

#5303 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Merry Christmas!
[quoted image]

That's awesome, you West coasters are so lucky. This is the best our little town could muster. Still an awesome sculpture for no good reason. And the locals deck it out Seasonally.Merry Christmas!

IMG_20211225_184347 (resized).jpgIMG_20211225_184347 (resized).jpg

#5306 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Great sculpture!
My pic I found online a while ago from a mall in Tokyo... wish we had something similar nearby!

Oh, that's cool, in fact so cool I just assumed it was a California thing. Here's one of our local guy during the worst of covid last year. I drive by him pretty regularly, I'll stop and take a picture of the plaque one of these days to give the artist the credit he's due.

IMG_20211225_190351 (resized).jpgIMG_20211225_190351 (resized).jpg

#5600 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Made a topper today.
Got the figure from eBay https://www.mymoviemonsters.com/store.php/mymoviemonsters/pd9818852/diamond_select_godzilla_gallery_diorama_1991_godzilla_vs._king_ghidorah_statue?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzrn3ssOO9QIVD21vBB2-ZAtzEAsYAiABEgIILPD_BwE
Put it at a forward slope so you can see more of the details when at the machine, hooked 2 LED strips underneath the figure facing up through the transparent water (blue and warm white), a third LED strip in front facing forward (warm white), and a hid a Comet fire post light by the front strip facing forward to bring the flames. All hooked to GI.
Figure and lighting all attached solidly onto a piece of plexiglass and then velcro stripped to the top of the backbox.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done, this looks fantastic. Thought of picking up the same piece for my premium along with their King Ghidorah that lines up with this sculpt. My concern is the way they connect there may not be enough space on the top of the back box. I like the way you mounted this as well, nicely done.

1 week later
#6234 2 years ago

Looking for a little help here, I don't have my premium in-house yet, but I'm working on having my mods ready to go when that day arrives. Can someone with a manual,post an image of the coindoor board? I'm hoping to tap into the DC power supply on that board, I believe it's cn9. I'm curious as to the voltage there.

#6237 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You can go to sterns page and down load the manual

I wasn't aware it was available, thanks.

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got most of my mods in. Waiting for scoop illumination, and wizardMod apron cover. Also have to put Mothra in and the fighter jet in. Sorry for background noise.

Never been a fan of jet Jaguar, but that looks awesome next to the Tesla strike towers. Nice looking ride.

#6272 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

What's everyone doing for side blades? Looking to add some to my premium.

I'm going with mirror blades from tilt graphics, I put a set in my mando and it boggles the mind just how much it brightens everything up. They are currently out of stock but I check in about once a week. The only upside to waiting on the premium is that I have the opportunity to stockpile mods before it's arrival. They have a really nice set of art blades as well, well colored crisp graphics featuring cityscapes, explosions and chaos.

#6324 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I put in some interactive undercab lighting, tied into the saucer pop bumper LED. Looks great, especially during modes... Was originally tied into the lockdown bar button, but that wasn't very interesting so then I figured I'd try the saucer and it made a world (under glass) of difference.

That looks great, I have under cabinet LEDs on a few machines and it's never occurred to me to tie them into a game feature. I've always just used them for ambient lighting. Might have to go this route when gz arrives. Well done sir.

#6461 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Guys.
A little help please. What is the tube of magnalube for? It came with the game
[quoted image]

Quoted from friscopinball:

Is anyone else’s ball getting stuck at the top of the loop on the back of the machine?
Not sure if someone else had this issue or a setting I would need to check.

Maybe that's what the magna lube is for.

#6669 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx Chrome Candy, much better look!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Both are impressive, I honestly couldn't pick a favorite one over the other.

#6671 2 years ago

I ordered the flame speaker lights. I didn’t see the skyline and plastic canvas.

They're there, I believe in the accessory section of his website.

#6770 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a notice from Stern last week of a package arriving, was assuming it was a bridge protector. Got this, and im not subscribing to inside connected. Maybe I'll make a bridge protector out of it

Are those start buttons?

#6856 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I didn't expect them to be made of lead. But I did expect them to last more than a couple of weeks. Am I really being unreasonable in saying that before being dismissed that I am just getting "carried away". Reread my post...this is the second tower demolished and honestly it is the 3 time I have had to repair one. I understand airballs happen but that isn't the reason why this last one broke.

Just curious, I have a set of the Tesla towers still waiting on the machine however. You mentioned having to repair them a few times already, do the issues seem to be on the same Tower, or same general area of the mod? I'm wondering if maybe a mod for the mod can be made. Maybe extra support on the tower before installation or a diverter or shield near the ramp or wherever the ball is prone to wreak havoc on the tower.

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Would you mind explaining to a noob what this mod is for? I want to protect my machine, how necessary is it?
TIA

This mod prevents the shooter Lane from getting all chewed up from the force of the ball being ejected into the shooter Lane. Even turning down the force in which that ball is delivered to the shooter Lane is not enough to prevent the wood from getting damaged. Another alternative is a plastic Lane protector which serves the same purpose as the cliffy and the installation is a little simpler.

#7127 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Just put down my deposit for a 3rd run premium!!! Stoked doesn’t even come close, my first NIB

Congratulations! I'm just curious if they gave you an estimated delivery date. I'm waiting in line as well.

#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I did the same. I have been told late 22 or early 23. No firm date. There is an August run but they are have been already sold by my distributor. They are also unclear how many they will be getting, so it is sometimes tough to know.

Quoted from Pugster:

Sure did! I ordered from Nitro and they are saying late fall 2022.

Thanks for the feedback, I was told to expect delivery in August. Ordered mine in mid December.

#7192 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

I got these little guys for the pinball machine. Perfect for mounting around the play field on the plastic. (Gigan still in the mail)[quoted image]

The sculpt and paint on those are pretty impressive for the scale, I really like the mothra , and the King Ghidorah. So I have to ask, can they be purchased as a set or have you been hunting and pecking to assemble the team?

2 weeks later
#7834 2 years ago
Quoted from taz16:

Will it fit on the premium?

Unfortunately,no. Which really is a crying shame cuz it looks so sweet.

#7839 2 years ago
Quoted from taz16:

Will it fit on the premium?

For the premium owners out there that are looking to upgrade the building, Lior, the art of pinball,is currently working on a design. He states that it's a full building replacement that will work for the pro or premium. No pictures yet but if it's half as impressive as his other offerings I'm sure it will still be mind-blowing. And yes we'll probably come with a hefty price tag.

1 week later
#8143 2 years ago

If anyone's interested, I will be selling my wiz panel for a Godzilla premium. This is the magnetic art piece that covers the speaker area on the back box. In the end, I decided to go with the lit fire speeker inserts from Doug. Never used, still on the original shipping tube. These normally ship from overseas, so you can save yourself the wait time in shipping and customs.PM me if interested.

Screenshot_20220227-150421~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220227-150421~2 (resized).png
#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I say once its on order you are in the club! Welcome

I say, there's enough of us waiting that we could have our own club.

#8305 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:I already have $400 in mods for the thing and MAYBE getting it this month, outlook not so good....

I totally get it, stockpiling a pile of mods myself for this machine. Ordered December,was told August delivery. I spoke to my distributor and he assured me... It will be here when it gets here.

#8310 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I'm completely agree with you. But the upgraded buildings are something that has to be done, the art blades are needed, cliffys are going on no matter what.
I still need to pay for my side armor, the shaker motor, and which godzilla and mecha to replace the plastic ones on my Pro. If I am feeling really saucy, I might put in a bridge mod, a tesla strike, and maybe a different ufo.

If you're not already following, there is the Godzilla mod thread too. Lot of helpful information there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread

#8318 2 years ago

Hey can someone confirm for me that the apron on Godzilla is actually metal and not plastic.

#8333 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Pros are plastic. Premium and LE are metal.

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

On my Premium it is a Metal Apron.

Thanks, this helps.

#8500 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

When I hit the player’s left building stand up target the ball launches into the air because the target appears to be bent back. At Stern’s advice I pulled the target out from under the playfield and tried to bend it forward. I didn’t want to break it so I didn’t apply much force. After reinstall the issue remains.
Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? I’d ask stern to replace the switch however the connection is soldered and although I have a soldering kit I’d rather not go there. TIA.

My Mando was doing the same thing, I ordered some anti-airball wedges that you can place under the target bracket.$1 each for a really simple 3D print that really does fix the problem. I've noticed this on most Sterns that I've played, ordered extras to install when Godzilla arrives. I forget off the top of my head who sells them but they can usually be found in the crawl of pinside shop accessories on the bottom of this page. A lot less stressful than bending brackets.

Hippies Haven has them

#8522 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

He has bought into the craziness. A lot above….way above msrp[quoted image]

Yeah but... Free shipping.

#8544 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have a good question for the group.
Will be adding Pinwoofer kit, already have Pinmonks Flipper Cooling fans, adding BriteMods RGB flipper buttons, how can I tap into all these 12volts supplies easily? Many mods want to use the Ticket Header connection next to the coin door. Is there an easy splitter solution? What have other pinsiders done, thoughts here?

I've been curious about this as well. More specifically where can I find the actual plug that attaches to the 12 volt power supply coming off that board?

#8610 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiz-panel-back-box-speaker-cover#post-6828484
Just listed this available today. Reach out if you're curious.

Screenshot_20220227-150421~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220227-150421~2 (resized).png
#8741 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Yes. [quoted image]

That's a sweet image, nice to see the oxygen destroyer in action. I received this today, like so many others here, stockpiling mods until the fateful day arrives.

IMG_20220318_131842646 (resized).jpgIMG_20220318_131842646 (resized).jpg
#8784 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Silhouetted battle scene between Godzilla and a Kaiju or 2 would be killer

Quoted from awesome1:

That's what I am going to try out.

I'm thinking along the same lines, I've got a local printer that's working on a Godzilla and Ghidorah silhouette to add to the existing skyline that Doug offers. Still waiting on the light kits.

#8810 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Anyone get the egg shooter rod and find it to be too weak? Mine struggles to make it to the skill shot. I tried swapping the spring to the one from the standard shooting rod and didn’t do anything. Both are green color…I know you can buy different colored springs from pinballife, but not sure which one would be stronger.

I had the same issue with my Mando when I swapped out shooter rods. I went with the red spring and it fixed the issue.

1 week later
#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Grogu mod for
Mando. Joe A

I can see that, as a mando owner myself I can really appreciate the animated Grogu mod. I used Joe's detailed how- to, to prep mine for installation. That said, diddy's tower mod is hands down my favorite addition I've seen for Godzilla. Here's my humble offering for the Godzilla mod squad. Installed today in mando, testing for the fateful day Godzilla arrives.

Godzilla roar mod.

#9079 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

That's cool dude. Is it possible to hook that horn up to the action button? Might be more fun than the coin return press.

Anything's possible, I just went simplest easiest route for my limited electrical abilities.

#9193 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

That’s a pretty sweet Mothra!

Agreed, Mothra never gets enough love.

#9243 1 year ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Got my machine on Friday, and Saturday morning the scoop eject mechanism failed. I ran tests on it, and I can't get the coil to fire. The ball detection switch works, so I am wondering what the potential cause could be. The solder joint looks a little weak but still complete, and the cover is no longer on it.
Here are a few pictures of the area. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this issue with my mando, check the connections at the micro switch at the base of the coil. Pull back that insulation, I found I had to resolder those connections. Easy peasy simple fix.good luck.

#9252 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Now I just need to figure out how to LED it. I really want to do two colors (red and white) that interact with the game GI lights.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome! I see that and I can hear the twins singing in my head.

#9300 1 year ago
Quoted from awassig:

Looking for suggestions on powering mods for Godzilla. I've seen several solutions but being my first nib game I'm not wanting to damage any of the node boards. List of led mods I'll be running. Godzilla with lighted atomic breath, mechzilla with led lighted eyes, lermods Tesla mod, flaming frames, home made topper with burning building made with the insides of a flame bulb for home use lol. 20 inch led strip from cointaker and two blue spotlights magnum bulbs. All except the flaming frames run off of standard 5-6.3 volts my worry is tying everything into the GI might be too much of a strain and damage something.
Should I go with the pinball life spike 2 separate power supply?
Thanks!

You should be just fine, installing all the mods mentioned. Just follow each one's installation instructions. There are a number of folks running all the ones you have mentioned, and more,without issues.

1 week later
#9613 1 year ago

So I'm working on a rooftop mod, haven't received my machine yet. If it's not too inconvenient for someone out there, could I get a measurement, the height of the spacers under the top roof plastics. Also curious if there is a washer there. I've downloaded the manual but can't seem to locate these specific parts. Would sure appreciate it.

Screenshot_20220411-155229 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220411-155229 (resized).png
#9638 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Its one of those spacers that goes through the plastic as well. The spacer under the plastic is .502" (guess half an inch but my caliper has that .002), and the plastic is .07"

Thanks, that helps a bunch

1 week later
#10005 1 year ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

Does anyone else have raised inserts? Worst are at my building meter. It's my first NIB so i was figuring quality control surely would notice unacceptable inserts. March 17th build. Some inserts raised-some flush.

I would check to see if your play field is not warped some went out a little wonky from that run.

#10113 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Is the the little black cable holder behind Mechagodzilla suppose to prevent him from bashing into the plastic behind him? Or does anyone know why it's there otherwise?

This is there to prevent ball traps, I believe it was an afterthought.

#10163 1 year ago

Yay, so my Godzilla arrived today... Sort of. Sure this is kind of a pathetic post, but I'll take what they give me. The real thing's been on order since mid-December. For now this will have to do, as I am done ordering mods until the machine arrives. Fingers crossed for the next run.

IMG_20220429_125607985 (resized).jpgIMG_20220429_125607985 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220429_130247662 (resized).jpgIMG_20220429_130247662 (resized).jpg
#10166 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

where'd you get this from?

PinballGurus.com
It's nicer than some of the other 3D printed pins I've seen, in that it has a playfield glass and the detailed sticker on the rear as well as a tiny ball rolling around inside of it. As much as I hate to say it, I will be adding a plunger, flipper buttons and a power cord before I put it on a shelf at home.

#10172 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Wait... u paid $50 plus shipping for that..?

What's a guy without a 3D printer to do,besides if I don't spend it my kids will get all my money when I die.

#10176 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Didn’t you watch Brewsters Millions?

I miss Richard Pryor's comedy. And honestly with what I've dropped on mods for this game that I've yet to receive,I feel like I'm working right off that script.

IMG_20220424_002329920 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_002329920 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10427 1 year ago

Every time I see these billion point scores it feels like when I go buy cucumbers

I'm scared to ask but have to know, what the f*** does that mean?

#10431 1 year ago

If you don’t get the joke sorry. Hint Being humbled lol

sorry, little slow tonight.

#10443 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I ordered one of these speaker light kits back in mid January and still haven’t received any word. Anyone in a similar boat? I heard these take a while, but…
[quoted image]

Try not to sweat it. It would be nice to get updates as to where you sit in the quay but remember it's not Amazon. I ordered mine in mid January also and received them a couple weeks ago. Doug is a straight shooter and has been in this game a long time. He simply has an overwhelming demand for a product he can't make fast enough. Your day will come, and will definitely be worth the wait.

#10445 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Updates would definitely be nice, like an email to existing orders, I dunno, once every few months to say “hey, I haven’t forgotten about your order”.
If the 6 month window of PayPal’s chargeback/refund window comes up with still no word, I’m just going to get my money back. The light kit is cool and all, but when there’s a longer wait time for an led speaker light than an actual pinball machine, I do begin to question things.

You got to do you of course. But the lines aren't as bad as you think, as I am still waiting on my Godzilla premium ordered in mid December. Honestly I'd rather be in your shoes and have the machine and not the part,versus the part and no machine to put it in. Keep flippin!

#10505 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Nice! I don't know why, it's definitely the same item #, it's still coming up for me as $350 shipping, on mobile app too. Ahh well. Go for it!

I just ordered a set and was charged 4.99 for shipping.

#10526 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Besides it being ugly as $%#! ?

Thanks for saying out loud what so many of us were thinking.

#10543 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I got my Premium a few weeks ago. It came with the new shorter plastic. Bridge still hits the corner and broke the tip off on day 2. Have a ticket in with Stern and my Distro. That new plastic is a joke. Doesn't solve the root problem but it certainly looks better.

Here's what I don't quite understand, this has been an issue since the beginning. The simplest solution seems to have been posted on this thread more than once. And that's inserting a washer into the coil assembly for the bridge, which limits the range of motion so it no longer hits the plastic. A three cent fix, so why doesn't Stern go that route?
Oh wait, answered my own question, as that three cent fix would cut into the profit margin.
Come on Stern.

#10575 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Yup. Wonder if it’s a parts shortage issue and they don’t have coil setups manufactured that will work with that mech. Seems like a stopgap solution to me.

Parts shortage, parts shortage, parts shortage... Yet Stern never seems to run out of those cheap coil stops.

#10613 1 year ago

Which shooter rod?

Oh oh, here we go. Do you even have room on your machine for another mod? I kid, I really enjoy all the additions to your machine.

#10837 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.

Dude, I think it's,"you do not talk about light club" for what it's worth I was in the club too. And like so many I jumped on the bandwagon the minute I heard about them. It took about two and a half months from the time I paid until delivery. Doug got slammed for orders when these were announced, and I can only imagine the list is longer as more gz are being released, so yeah, it will take some time to get caught up. He's up front and a straight shooter, your day will come. And for what it's worth, still waiting on my gz premium.

#10874 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

I got the Mezel Mods sign package today. A buddy of mine said that he was disappointed with the light not shining bright enough through. I found out today why and modded the installation.
First, the original sign is maybe 15% translucent.
Second, the new sign light fixtures does not align perfectly.
I'd probably have been disappointed too, but I had to make it better - It's an amazing sign!
WARNING DISCLAIMER: This destroys the original plastic.
I took off the plastic original sign.
Dismantled the LEDs (be careful, there's tiny spacers)
Dremeled holes where the LEDs should match up with new sign.
Put LEDs back (with spacers on opposite side of the LEDs)
Followed rest off instructions (tape the new sign, while out off machine).
Reinstalled and enjoy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, this is good to know. You should post this on the Godzilla mod thread as well.

#10893 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I’m thinking when my premium comes (if I go for the signs which I think I will) I’ll just use the original sign as a template to cut a piece of clear acrylic. Probably cut a slot where the LEDs are or drill some holes too.
Seems like a simple fix and then I can keep the original as is.

This seems like the best approach, if a person has concerns about defacing the original plastics.

#11102 1 year ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

I would like to place a small goat, like the random goat that appears instead of the aliens, somewhere in the back of the playfield. Something subtle, just to see if anyone notices it.
Any ideas how in the hell to source a small goat?

Google farm toy goats and take your pick.

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Has anyone put anything on top of the building with the hooked on pinball ball mod? Maybe a small helicopter there etc? Thanks
[quoted image]

I added some detail and did a repaint, still looking for the right size helicopter. Hell, still waiting for the machine to put it in.

IMG_20220331_111603118 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_111603118 (resized).jpg
#11181 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I did the same and light them up
Here is a small video
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought I was liking the way these looked with the new paint. Kicking myself in the ass that I didn't light them up now. I may revisit them and add lights if the machine doesn't arrive from the batch that is coming off the line now.

IMG_20220602_183025268 (resized).jpgIMG_20220602_183025268 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11396 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Can you share a picture of the diagonal roof fix?

Seat post #11385 above, less the people and helicopter.

#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Yes I saw those with the blue wings. I meant the completely silver paint jobs. I never seen those before.
Also how did you attach the wire to the bottom?
Thanks Martin

Here's an option for you, same planes with a paint job to match the art theme on the machine.

IMG_20220602_183025268 (resized).jpgIMG_20220602_183025268 (resized).jpg
#11487 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Super Loopin':
So I finally got my Godzilla premium dialed in... It was pretty finicky on the playfield angle and the upper left flipper power to get consistent consecutive loops.
Just for reference I wound up going with about 6.8 to 6.9 measured at the flippers for playfield angle and boosted my upper flipper power to 175. I originally tried a lower setting from 160 to 167 as suggested to break in the game and then raise it back to the default 168, but that wasn't working too well.
The boosted flipper power is in contrast to the idea that the lower number will allow more consistent looping. On my machine, at 6.8 to 6.9 angle it seems to hug the wall nice and tight with the upper boosted flipper setting at 175 from the default of 168 in the current software build.
I'm able to hit consistent three and four loop shots and the occasional five and seven multiple times in a game
And destruction jackpots are hit about 70% of the time
Also to mention I'm using Titan competition silicone on all the flippers and rubber and replaced the coil stops and sleeves from the garbage ones that Stern ships with new in the box
None of the other shots from the upper flipper have suffered as a result of boosting to 175 also if anything they're also smoother as is the tail whip.. where you don't get the slow dribble out down the outlane, and get a nice smooth return off of the curved rail below the UFO

Nice to hear you're getting the game dialed in, especially after the shipping fiasco.Enjoy!

#11545 1 year ago

Fingers crossed, hope to be part of the 5/31 club.

#11611 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Fingers crossed, hope to be part of the 5/31 club.

Okay, just for the record, keeping your fingers crossed works! Just received my invoice today, GZ premium ships tomorrow! I should be flipping before the weekend. I ordered back in mid December and have a closet full of mods to add. Life is good!

#11630 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Thanks, Sorokyl,
I figured that this was discussed before somewhere. Pls excuse my ignorance, but how do I find where this topic is discussed w/o searching thru all 11K posts? I've tried googling this, and I tried a keyword search on Pinside with no luck.

Go to top of this page click on "show topic index" scroll down to building adjustment.luck

Screenshot_20220620-202052 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220620-202052 (resized).png
#11684 1 year ago

Wouldn't this be easier?

Screenshot_20220622-080830 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220622-080830 (resized).png
#11710 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Has anyone gotten one of the AIQ shooter rods on Godzilla? Does it light up?

I don't have one but I've seen a couple people install them on Godzilla. Yes, they light up and look pretty damn impressive. Better than any of the mothra egg offerings out there IMO

#11716 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Has anyone had a ball get stuck here? Couldn't shake it loose. Only solution was to remove the glass.
[quoted image]

I've heard tell of people using a heat gun or blow dryer to warm up his arm to move it up just high enough so the ball won't catch under there.

#11717 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Ok, I bought one and I can't get it to light up. If others can confirm that they have it working (and any troubleshooting tips), I would appreciate it!

Somewhere over on the Godzilla mod thread they speak about it. I believe they're wiring it to the pop bumper LEDs so it interacts with gameplay. Luck

#11875 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Thinking of trading in our Stranger Things Pro for Godzilla Pro. Our local distributor allows us to trade into new Pro’s for our current game plus $1,000. Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback you have for me on this potential deal. We are a 1-pin family. We started with Star Trek Pro, traded into Stranger Things, and now considering Godzilla. We seem to trade every 1 - 1 1/2 years when we would like a new pin. Thanks.

Do it! The only regret you'll have is that you didn't do it sooner.

#11974 1 year ago

Sounds like this will be a day long remembered for guys getting their games, I'm one of them. Officially a member been waiting since mid December. The machines dialed in nicely right out of the box, now to start throwing this closet full of mods at it. What an outstanding, adrenaline pumping game this is! It's giving me pinball wood

IMG_20220627_234438914 (resized).jpgIMG_20220627_234438914 (resized).jpg
#12045 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Is this normal? Even when pushed towards the back of the cabinet, the blades cover the washer that holds the flipper button assembly. This doesn't look ok..[quoted image]

I would pull that screw and put the washer on top of the mirror blade then attach the screw if I were me. I had to do that on my mando. Have a set of the mirror blades for gz but I'm waiting to get most of the other mods in place first.

#12075 1 year ago

2 days into it and I broke the billion mark! This game has so much more to give. Love, love, loving it!

IMG_20220629_172556682 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_172556682 (resized).jpg
#12087 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Congrats! Check out this pinside topic for how to keep scoring more. I’ll be posting some quick strats soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

I read through all the comments on that thread, I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos yet, looking forward to it. Just tough to pull myself away from this game during the honeymoon phase.

#12095 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

What do you mean by vertically aligned? The playfield is level horizontally. It's strange that these balls wouldn't make it to the VUK, as some of these shots through the building have been at high velocity.
The first floor is flush with the playfield also.

Try turning the power down on that VUK. I've heard others say it's sending it up there too hard and gets rejected. Mine usually shoots it up there on the second shot, haven't taken the time yet to adjust it personally.luck

#12127 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Has anyone isolated the perfect "MO-THRA" callout when you get the left outlane ballsave?
I'd love to put it on my phone.

As much as I hated when the twins sang during the movies (took you away from the action) as a kid... This is probably my favorite call out on the machine. Absolutely love it.

#12136 1 year ago

You can simply attach one of those self-adhesive rubber feet.
IMG_20220701_081044214 (resized).jpgIMG_20220701_081044214 (resized).jpg

#12138 1 year ago

Speaking of ball traps, is this one just a fluke? Would be simple enough to attach something to the nut holding the ramp in place, it's only happened to me once in 50 games.

IMG_20220628_143118672 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_143118672 (resized).jpg
#12163 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Yes and no solution. I did send a picture to Stern support, and from the sounds of it, probably the first person to complain (this was back in April). I have my playfield at 6.7º, which should be adequate for it not to get caught there.
Here is what they said:
"So this ball trap is definitely an intesterting one. I just had a pow wow with the EM, and there's not really anything back there that can cause this to sit.
A couple of things I'd like to have you look for:
First, simply get your hand back in that area, and let's see if you can feel anything sticking out or out of place that the ball could get caught up on.
Remove all of the balls from your game, and place them on a flat, non metallic surface, and let's see if they're magnetized. Sometimes, when a game uses electromagnets, the balls can become magnetized."
After I did my testing and came back with nothing, this was the next reply:
"Do me a favor and just keep an eye on it, and try to jot down anything leading up to it and in the meantime we'll take note."
Please let them know so they know I am not crazy! It doesn't happen often, but when it does, ugh.

I've had my game for a week, it's not just you. Maybe if enough of us angry villagers show up with our Pitchforks Stern will take it seriously.

#12240 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Wanted to thank whomever it was here who recommended switching the pop bumper body for a transparent one... Love it!
[quoted image]

That looks so sweet! It's on my bucket list of upgrades.

#12349 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Please forgive a more general question here, but it relates to GZ and other Sterns. I’ve seen many posts that state the stock flipper coil stocks are junk. Several posts say the stops only lasted a few hundred games, etc.
My question is, what constitutes a failed coil stop for a newer Stern? Anything to look for? On heavily routed games I restored years ago, really well-used stops got mushroomed. Is this the issue? I’ve ordered a dozen replacements in anticipation of replacement. I’d appreciate knowing what to look for. Thanks.

The stops fail where they're attached to the bracket, there is a brass ring that wears out so you end up with slop. Aside from iffy play, check under Any and all flipper mechanisms and look for gold dust in the cabinet. This is brass shavings that wear off the coil stops. While you're in there replace your sleeves

#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello,
I think this issue was addressed before but I cannot find it. When the magnet grabs the ball for DESTRUCTION JACKPOT, the magnet drops the ball and I can barely get my flipper on it. I can hit the shot, but barely. Definitely without any power. My machine is level on the upper side of the playfield and the lower by the flippers. Anybody else have a solution for this? I also tried raiding the right legs and having the machine tilt a little left and not level, but that didn’t work either. Thanks all!

Have you gone into the menu and adjusted the flipper strength, I set mine to 180 and am hitting pretty consistently now.

#12412 1 year ago

It's a sign!

Screenshot_20220707-163440 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220707-163440 (resized).png
#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

For those that are modding their pop bumper to a clear body, be aware of the following (most of you know this, but there's a few newer hobbiest here that may not have restoration experience):
The clear bumper skirt I was supplied is too-long compared to stock (see pic). As you need to remove the RGB light to work on this, you'd be bummed to discover this fact after you reassemble everything. Let's get it right the first time, during your install:
You need to VERY carefully shorten the actuator on the clear bumper skirt. [Note: shortening is considerably easier than re-gapping the spoon switch on the bumper. Spoon switches are notoriously finicky, and it takes careful work and the right gapping tools to do that job properly; best to avoid it if possible. You can screw up a spoon switch pretty easily if you don't know what you're doing]
The amount of shortening needed is tiny. I'd suggest ever-so-slightly filing/sanding the tip to a rounded end. I used a hobby belt sander; hand sanding or filing will work if you're careful. Reinstall with the body and base, screw it down, and go into the switch test. Confirm operation (off in neutral; on when the skirt is slightly depressed). Better to have the switch constantly on when you start, with the post too-long. Remove, sand/file off a tiny bit(I mean TINY), and reinstall. Repeat this until you have reliable operation.
The clear body looks great, a fine mod to those that suggested it, above. Good luck.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this, it's informative and timely (just ordered a set last week from zit). I did the all clear pop replacements on a space shuttle a while back without needing to modify anything, would have taken the same approach with these. Thanks for saving me from that WTF moment.

#12462 1 year ago

Once again, a zip tie saves the Day! Perfectly camouflaged, kudos!

#12463 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Mechagodzilla was cradling balls by his right arm pit. I added him some jewelry sharpied silver.
[quoted image]

Once again, a zip tie saves the Day! Perfectly camouflaged, kudos!

#12503 1 year ago

There is also a clear base, if Marcos doesn't have it, Zitt does

#12508 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I just won a new Stern Premium from Project Pinball on Sunday! Today, my order is in for Godzilla Premium! It won't arrive until sometime in 2023, but I don't want to miss out on any mods that may get discontinued. What current mods are must haves for Premium owners? Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Tesla towers, flaming frame speaker lights , swap the Godzilla figure. Check out the Godzilla mod thread for all kinds of ideas. Congrats on the win, I won a gottlieb/premier Rock from them in Chicago last year.
A great organization.

#12514 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So we just need to order 1 of everything on that page in the color we want?

That's correct, one skirt, one body, one base. Ordered mine last week received them today. Hope to get them in tonight.

#12521 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Another +1 for Zitt 's pop bumper parts and the clear looks awesome when paired with Sleal16 's UFO Saucer!
One note - there is a slight difference in the pop bumper body (on the Stern body the molding didn't go all the way to the top around the rod holes) so I had to modify Sleal's adapter by filing it down a little. Took only a couple minutes and fit great!

Quoted from awesome1:

Another +1 for Zitt 's pop bumper parts and the clear looks awesome when paired with Sleal16 's UFO Saucer!
One note - there is a slight difference in the pop bumper body (on the Stern body the molding didn't go all the way to the top around the rod holes) so I had to modify Sleal's adapter by filing it down a little. Took only a couple minutes and fit great!

This looks so nice, is that his large or small saucer?

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Didn't see them in his Pinside shop currently - PM Sleal16

Thanks, I ordered his large one a couple weeks back,I'm on the list. I have the art of pinball saucer and I like it but sleal's captures the look of the movie versions so much better. Plus I like that the large saucer covers more of the pop mech.

#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

NO
As a matter of policy; I don't allow backorders. The reasons are obvious... But mainly I don't like holding peoples money.
Please hold your order until I have stock.
I can manually add people to the stick notification list for clear... But you'll need to contact me via pm or email with your email address

Cool, I must have got one of the last sets. Received them yesterday morning installed them today.

IMG_20220713_124600508 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124600508 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124652660 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124652660 (resized).jpg
#12567 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have a Stern shaker in my JP pin and love it. If I go with the PBL one for $20 cheaper for GZ, will I notice any difference between the two?

I have the pbl on Godzilla and Sterns on mando. Pbl's is a lot mellower. Sterns is aggressive.

1 week later
#12824 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

ExSquid mikeflan .... for a lack of a better fix at the moment I took a Small piece of scotch tape and folded It up 3 or 4 times and put it in front of the metal flap piece in the shooter lane that transitions from the wood to the metal trying to eliminate that lip and then took another piece of scotch tape and put it a little bit on the metal flap piece to the wood. That seems to make the ball coming out of the shooter lane much smoother. I don’t know what a permanent fix would be at this moment

Is it the manual plunge or the auto plunge or both, causing the issue?

#12894 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That reminds me - where did you get that GZ 1954 alternate translite from? I really want to get that

Quoted from DK:

What’s the translite?

Screenshot_20220725-221037 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220725-221037 (resized).png
#12911 1 year ago

It's official, I suck. I'm a long time pinball player, 40 years. I consider myself a decent player, not great, not the worst but decent. I've had the game a month, I've cracked a billion a half dozen times, high score is a little over 1.7 B, insider connect says my average is a little under 300 million. Yay, good for me. Then this happens, I'm playing the other night, and I got three house balls in a row. I wasn't effing around or trying new shots I was honestly playing a regular game. Even with the generous ball saves that this game has my final score was...welp 7,289,710. That's humbling. After seeing that score I thought I could do better if I wasn't even trying, so I set up a four player game and just plunged the balls, never touched the flippers, didn't try for a skill shot used auto plunge, and sure enough three of those four scores were higher than my all time low. Anyway, it's official that score sucked. I'm just curious if anyone, while trying, has had a score lower than that.

IMG_20220718_002908086 (resized).jpgIMG_20220718_002908086 (resized).jpg
#12913 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Judging by your insider name you’ve been doing something else for quite a long time!

wasn't a factor that night, although probably would have helped my game.Lol

#12917 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I just picked up a premium after owning a pro. Does anyone know how to clean up the shorting lane a bit? It seems like it is very difficult to get a clean plunge on this premium. The ball seems to catch on something somewhere along the way that makes it very hard to hit the left spinner skill shot off a plunge without going nearly full on the pullback. Sometimes The auto plunge seems to be much cleaner. On my pro, I’d say a 70% pull got you the left spinner and the ball didn’t catch on anything along the way. Other than that, I am enjoying my June 1st build.

I was having a similar issue with mine, with a ball in the shooter Lane push your plunger forward to see where it makes contact with the ball. Chances are it's a little bit off center. You can remove the lockdown bar and slide the playfield a little to the right or left so that the plunger tip makes contact with the center of the ball. If that doesn't do it you can shim the shooter assembly with some washers so that it hits dead center.

#12921 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also, it’s Pinball!

Amen brother! That's why we keep coming back to it, it's pinball. Any given ball might be the best ball you've ever shot. Been playing for 40 years, maybe the best ball I ever shot was 10 years ago or... maybe it's the next one I plunge. Time to coin.

#12923 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

What's the "normal" position for that bumper right in the middle of the picture?.... are they usually that high, or lower?
[quoted image]

Factory default is the middle position.

#12925 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Oh that's so embarrassing

I know right, I find more points than that in my stool in the morning.

#12963 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139828
For anyone with the pro who wants to upgrade from their flat plastic Godzilla but still keep the stern vibe alive my GZ figure from the premium is available.

IMG_20220716_081642108 (resized).jpgIMG_20220716_081642108 (resized).jpg
#13025 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I printed an image, cut out with scissors and painted black. Can anyone cut a plastic gz image to better match the skyline? Happy to pay

As fate would have it, I'm working on something that just might work for you. I have a friend that does commercial grade customization and printing. We will be trying black vinyl attached to a clear piece of acetate that can simply be sandwiched between the diffuser and the speaker foam. The design we will be doing is a Godzilla in a similar pose as you have pictured, although a little smaller for left speaker and a King Ghidorah silhouette facing Godzilla for the right. I'll keep you in the loop if they end up working the way I hope they do. Should be simple and inexpensive to reproduce.

#13191 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Tell me about it…
Look how sad my lineup looks without one!
[quoted image]

Just be thankful you don't have A Mando as well. Been waiting a year for that one.

#13562 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think Stern is doing everything they can to get machines out the door and quality control is suffering more than usual.

Says the guy who has an extra hole drilled in his playfield.

#13618 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Adding to my post above, looks like connector CN12, pins 4 and 6 are swapped (that's switch 52, 53 inputs). Any chance someone can verify on their Prem, please? Ideally w/a photo?
[quoted image]

Here's a shot of my connector on a premium, hope it helps. Hard to see in photo but that wire in the middle position is white with green stripe.

IMG_20220810_183900546 (resized).jpgIMG_20220810_183900546 (resized).jpg

#13628 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you see the other picture posted? Their pinout agrees to the manual.

For what it's worth, my magnet feature has always worked as it should. Although the impostor shot is still a bitch.

#13860 1 year ago

Is it just me or have others experienced a lot of balls jumping over the flippers or over the inlane plastics. I don't mind the air balls that end up in the shooter Lane but just feel cheated when they hop the flippers. Seems to happen at least once every 20 or 30 games. It's not just the chaos during multiple that does it as I've seen it happen from an odd bounce off the slings during single ball play. I've been playing pinball for 35 years and can count on two hands the number of times that's happened on other machines, I've lost count on Godzilla.

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This hasn't happened on my game in 600 plays. FWIW.

So maybe it is just me.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

I haven't had a single ball hop the flippers

And I haven't had a single friend drop his nut sack on the action button.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Check you pitch on the game, sounds a bit too steep causing this.

I will check this, it's pretty steep right now but was doing this when the pitch was lower also.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

#13869 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I've had a ball here and there hop the flippers as well and mine's not that steep at all, 6.7 or so

So maybe not just me.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

You need better friends and more alchohol.you should see this guy destroy the TIE fighters on Star Wars.

LMFAO

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only time I've had one jump the flippers was with super bands, on a really steep game. They are a bit more bouncy

This hadn't occurred to me, I am using Titan replacement rubbers. I replaced them early on so no other gameplay too compare them.

#13873 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

The same thing is messing with my head....I havent replaced it on my GZ yet, but on IMDN recently put on perfect-play and went from 1 airball every 100-200 games or so with stock rubbers, to multiple jumps per game now. I've used them before but first time its happened. Maybe they need to be stretched out a bit *shrug. Its annoying for sure

I replaced all my rubbers on Mando with Titans and the game immediately got a lot bouncier. I had been playing that one for a couple months before the swap so the difference was definitely noticeable. Does Titan make a low bounce rubber or is that just for flippers?

Quoted from Sorokyl:

but i suppose i might not know for a while!

Might not know for a while? I've seen your machine, I'm guessing that's because you spend more time modding it than playing it.
I get it, I'm one of you brother.

#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Okay I hadn't thought of that, I have standard rubber flippers but I did replace the slings and other rubbers in the game with Titans. Also curious what people have their slings set at as that may affect it as well especially with Titans. Default is 24 mine are set at 22. Also this is not a common occurrence it happens very infrequently.

Mine have been on the default all along, just turned them down to 22 and we'll see if that makes a noticeable difference. I've been hesitant to turn them down cuz I like the gameplay (except for the air balls).

#13912 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The right wire form going to the right flipper, the ball "bounces" back when it hits the end then comes back and drops down. Like it hits the end of it and bounces back about an inch then slowly comes back and drops down. Unlike the left one which just drops right down no matter how fast the ball is going like every other game I have......smh. Any ideas?

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Man... Mine didn't do this, and then I took that wireform off last night to put in some new rubbers, and now it does it! I'll let you know if I can figure it out. It's annoying for sure.

Mine did this out of the box, a slight bend to the wire form at the very end of it should do the trick. By bending the wire form upwards just a little you give the ball downward momentum, instead of it bouncing square off the end of it.

#13915 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Which one did you bend? The top wire above the hole? How did you do it? I've never had to do this before and am afraid of breaking or snapping something.

The curved portion at the very end of the rail, you can bend the top one up a little the bottom one down a little. Basically increase the spread. I used a small vise grip and a large flat head screwdriver to give me some leverage and a good grip. I was fearful of doing some damage also but those wire forms are pretty robust. If you're comfortable removing the wire form altogether that would probably be a better option so as not to accidentally scratch the plastics.

#14062 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

When did they change the plastic under the bridge? I see mine does not go over the magna grab like some that I see.
[quoted image]

Shortly after the first run of premiums. Longer plastics were getting broken by the bridge banging against them.

#14223 1 year ago

I have these, they don't seem to affect the randomness of the manual plunge one way or another.

1 month later
#15453 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

My wife said that she doesn't know how the ball got there. I tried to shake it out but it was lodged in there pretty tight.
[quoted image]

I had this happen a couple times before installing my quick fix Minilla, nearly 600 plays later and no issue with ball trap.

IMG_20221007_193910171 (resized).jpgIMG_20221007_193910171 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15692 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

As bad as the scoop can be (and as bad as the under the flipper on the other side can be), the hardest shot in the game is hitting the tail whip on purpose.
In fact, I think it might be the hardest normal shot in modern pinball. Is there another with a lower percentage success rate? The scoop in World Cup Soccer may be similar.

Tail wipp definitely a harder shot than the scoop on world cup. That scoop shot you can hit from a cradle position so with enough practice on any given machine you can dial yourself into that. The tail wip has so many variables with ball speed, wether coming off the orbit or a trickle down from a ramp shot reject, the magnet toss to set up that shot etc. Definitely makes hitting that shot consistently extremely tough and rewarding when you pull it off.

#15696 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No name for your shot.
Upper left flipper only. Hit the loop, then hit the tail whip lane. Two shots. Both from upper flipper.

Kind of sounds to me like you're both describing the same shot just using different words. If you look at the lane entrance"where the ball enters the lane that goes behind the scoop /pop bumper"you will see a yellow arrow marked tail whip. Hence the term tail whip shot. Just saying.

#15722 1 year ago

So Stern just released the long awaited topper for mando. Looks cool, lights and hologram and interactive modes exclusive to the topper. If this is a sign of where they're going, better start saving up your pennies for the gz topper. MSRP on Mando topper is $2,000.

#15744 1 year ago

$3000 by Christmas

1 week later
#16162 1 year ago

I just installed the lighted side blades from PinGraffix and I must say, I'm impressed. I never would have thought I would remove my mirror blades but no regrets here, I'm digging these!

IMG_20221029_095213425 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095213425 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095222936 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095222936 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095242003 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095242003 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095254037 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_095254037 (resized).jpg
#16175 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Very nice. Mine just arrived as well. May try to install this weekend. How was the install?

Install was real simple, no need to remove playfield. There is a video that Diddy put out on YouTube that is helpful. Half hour, all in and you're good to roll.

#16191 1 year ago
Quoted from greenmonk:

So my Premium just got delivered on Thursday. I know with the older games (is 1 year considered old?!), the plastic under the bridge would often break, but they’ve since changed it. Well…I only have 30 plays on my new Godzilla and the bridge is already causing a crack in the plastic there. Has anyone else had this problem with their new machine. I seem to love bridge attacks, but don’t love cracking plastic pieces. Is there anything I can adjust to keep the bridge from hitting the plastic piece?
And I’ve already talked to my distributor. I’m just curious if anyone else has experienced this with the redesigned plastic piece.
[quoted image]

I believe there is a key post on this thread in regards to this. What you can do though is simply add a washer to the back of the coil assembly for the bridge. That restricts the movement of the bridge just enough so balls can still move through yet the bridge won't go down as low as the plastic. I did this, worked great but still decided to replace the plastic with chrome candies offering. Looks nice and exposes the captured ball behind the magnet.

#16198 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Beacon mod- what’s the opinion on this? Is it too obnoxious and bright in your face, or is it ok?

Too obnoxious and bright in your face.

#16204 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Those look mint! I found these I was going to go with but now i dont know....
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/godzilla-posters-stern-pinball-sideblades/

Here is a quick video of the side blades in action.

#16206 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Your game looks sick! I love the speaker lights.

Thanks for that, it's definitely a work in progress. I've had the machine since July and have thrown a lot at it but still so much more in the works. Godzilla is not just a dream theme for me, more like a wet dream theme.

#16228 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Glad you offer this for sale thanks
However, anyone in Australia have this shooter lane fix? I can't pay $57 USD for shipping, with the exchange rate thats $100 shipping for a $20 part

Reach out to Lermods, I believe he offers the STL file for free so you can have it printed locally.

#16243 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Any idea if they'll fit over existing sideblades, or is the clearance too narrow? (Have an LE; as much I'd love to pull the trigger on this, I suspect I may not be able to...)

These actually have a pretty slim profile for all they have packed into them. I would think they would Mount just fine over factory installed side art. That said, it's not my precious snowflake, it would be an absolute tragedy if you install them, they don't work and you damage the original blades in the process. Maybe best to reach out to Joe at PinGraffix and get his opinion.

#16264 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got my prem unboxed. Can't get into service menu to change to freeplay...I open coin door and buttons do nothing..haven't had a stern since metallica...any help how to get in the menu ? Thx

Find some quarters.

#16391 1 year ago

It's still Godzilla day somewhere. Here's a short clip that's pretty cool.

1 week later
#16594 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I had made a full length one prior to ordering , removed the eject protector. I put it back in with the lermod and still have rattles. I do have a shooter lane protector in from mezel. Maybe I need to remove it and try again. Not complaining, just wondering if anyone has a protector in as well as lermod/Abe fix.

I am using a shooter Lane protector, not sure if it's Mezel's or not. I got it from cointaker.I did just install lermod/Abe fix this week. Plunging better than ever,very consistent, no rattling out of chute. I'm happy with the mod.

#16597 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, there's a bug in the software, or something about my hardware, but the "coin door ball save" doesn't seem to work on 1.01 code? I have it enabled in the settings, and can open the coin door when the ball is in play. It drains, I wait a few seconds, and close the coin door. It does the bonus count up, instead of kicking out a new ball? Am I doing something wrong? Could someone else check their game's behavior and see if it's the same?

You say the ball drains and then you close the door and it adds up your end of ball bonus, that's proper. If you open the coin door and place a trapped ball in the shooter Lane it should save your progress on that ball. Close the door and you should be ready to play out the remainder of that ball.

#16617 1 year ago

Check your plastic on the right hand rear side of the building.

#16732 1 year ago
Screenshot_20221117-111543 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221117-111543 (resized).png
#16879 1 year ago

:thinking:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/66#post-7253625
Maybe this would help with download speeds.
My update took 25 minutes over the home Wi-Fi

#16922 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

new owner here, first NIB! getting the pin during lunch time today.
already ordered
-stern art blades
-stern shaker
-lermods shooter lane fix
-hurry up multi-ball sdtm
-doug speaker light kit flame/building
what's next !?!

Diddy's Tesla strike towers. Pop bumper saucer that suits your taste. There are a lot of versions out there, check out the Godzilla mod thread for some great ideas.

#16946 1 year ago

Here's a lost gem. Keep in mind this movie wasn't released, it escaped.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

#17026 1 year ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Thanks, JP76, RoadQueen - I remember seeing that post with the washers, but didn't realize it was for my same problem. I guess I'll give that a try, since my taped cardboard failed as soon as I put the glass back on. LOL. And yeah, I woke up thinking about it this morning, and realized that drilling new holes in the subway would be much better than drilling new holes in the playfield.

For what it's worth you may get away without the washers, just tightening those screws made a world of difference for mine. If you think about it the bottom of that vuk assembly get hammered back pretty frequently, not to mention the constant vibration from sending the ball up the vuk. It makes sense those screws are going to loosen up over time. I would say check them every 5 to 700 plays and tighten as needed to keep it running smooth.

#17047 1 year ago
Quoted from cabrioletsch:

Got my nuclear mushroom explosion in today
Cheap topper!!!!
[quoted image]

That's actually pretty cool looking, where'd you get it? It might incorporate well into a topper design I've been thinking about for my Elektra.

Screenshot_20221128-133152 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221128-133152 (resized).png
#17157 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

You know, I never actually measured the replacement they sent me, because I had swapped in a shorter external barrel spring (~18mm instead of 20+mm), and it helped quite a bit (made it look like the same alignment as other sterns). However, I just now measured the replacement and it is ~20mm as well. I went and remeasured my JP and DP barrel springs, and they are not too far from 20mm either (maybe a little shorter, perhaps due to compression over time).
So, I really don't know why GZ shooter rod is different, but I do believe that the shorter barrel spring helped, it was the biggest improvement before the Abe Flips (nearly?) fully fixed it.
Side note, I'd really love to find an affordable, nice replacement to the standard shooter; I can't bring myself to pay for the egg, but I do love the feel of the JP official rod upgrade.

I just installed this last week, and I'm loving it. The egg offerings to do nothing for me but what ships with the machine does less. Pinball shark, iron Man shooter rod.

IMG_20221127_121528600 (resized).jpgIMG_20221127_121528600 (resized).jpg
#17180 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

No, you habe to remove the clear plastic and the playfield plastic because Godzilla has 2 screws downside in his feets

And if you use the NECA figure there are already screw holes at the bottom of his feet. Easy swap.

#17214 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is this what they refer to as the “Mecha lane bottom switch ?”
[quoted image]

Yes

#17267 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

When watching some video of people playing Godzilla (I think it was a stream with Elwin himself), someone (Elwin?) mentioned how, with the four different kaiju modes, two of them were good to have multiball for, and two were not.
I'm trying to figure out which he means. What do y'all think? For what kaiju modes would you like to have multiball for?
(I've typically been trying to do it with Ebirah, then trying to hit the spinners with all the balls. It doesn't often go well, but I'm still learning. High score is still only 480mil)

I avoid Ebirah during multiball, if the shield turns you have no chance of getting the right spinner. Also avoid Gigen as I prefer to have a clean shot for the ramps. The other two seem to work better for me during multi-ball as chaos ensues and there are a lot of random targets. Just saying, it's what works for me.

#17285 1 year ago
Quoted from brian36chambers:

Hi All, I need some advice. I got the mazer cannon mod from Mezel mods but it is too huge and looks a bit out of place. I love that it lights up but that’s it. Any suggestions for want to replace it with? Also I got the art of pinball saucer but prefer sleals so I now have an extra saucer any suggestions on what to do with it? Or if anyone is interested in purchasing it let me know. Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I found this piece on eBay, added a little extra paint. It does not light up, yet.

IMG_20221127_125919029 (resized).jpgIMG_20221127_125919029 (resized).jpgIMG_20220609_174154349 (resized).jpgIMG_20220609_174154349 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_220328077 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_220328077 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#19826 1 year ago

I've found that the bridge works best... When you place an animated Godzilla behind it.

#19829 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

ok take my money.. where is the list?

I just put this in this week, and I'm loving it! See this post for some more details. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/78#post-7484958

#19838 1 year ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Thanks! Fair enough. I am definitely a modding kind of guy. Where do you find the Atomic Godzilla? I will search of course, but figured I'd push the easy button.

Check out the Godzilla mod thread here on pinside, lots of great mods to inspire.https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread

#19842 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Appreciate the ingenuity he brought with that mod, but as stated elsewhere he had to source an incorrect Millennium Era Godzilla figure to make it work. The sculpt of the face, body & spines just doesn't work IMO for this Showa Era themed game, but I appreciate the design & all the effort that went into it. Buyers probably won't care, since it's cool to see it in action.

All valid points and I agree. When I saw his offering I thought... If I trimmed back the spines and reworked the sculpt with some modeling compound and a repaint this might just work. I'm digging it.

IMG_20230301_153732685 (resized).jpgIMG_20230301_153732685 (resized).jpgIMG_20230304_123344076 (resized).jpgIMG_20230304_123344076 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_152135790 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_152135790 (resized).jpgIMG_20230306_111017227 (resized).jpgIMG_20230306_111017227 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#20304 11 months ago
Screenshot_20230414-105419~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230414-105419~2 (resized).png
#20349 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/2182-reflex-mods
Recieved ours today and couldn't be happier. I asked him if he could make it a bit smaller and its perfect, feels and shoots great. Very good attention to detail, and so much better than sterns offering.

Wow, that's an impressive piece. I generally absolutely hate most custom shooter mods as most of them seem oversized and obnoxious. This seems well thought out, looking forward to seeing more Godzilla offerings from this modder.

#20396 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Started modding my Godzilla and I am having a ton of fun making it my own. There are so many great mods for Godzilla and it makes it difficult to choose which ones I wanted. Reminds me of the days of modding my Tron and the fun with all of the choices.
So I went through this thread and picked out the mods I like and so far I am loving them and thought I would share. First thing was adding Superbands-I like the way they perform and they look great. Second was a shaker from Pinball Life. The shaker in this game is really well sequenced and a must buy imo. Third is flipper toppers from Ulek-the translucent look of scales is great especially in person. Then the UFO saucer mod. This was a tough call because there were lots of great versions. I chose the Govs mods UFO because I like the light coming from the ray and how it is elevated. Then I choose the hand painted King Ghidorah from Pino mods for right corner and decided to highlight the brilliant gold paint with an extra spot & bright golden yellow LED. For Godzilla replacement that was another tough call. I went with Lermods Godzilla with blue lit flame but instead of tying into flasher I tied into GI. I like the look of the blue flame and the size of the figurine is perfect. I also purchased a green backboard light from Lermods that lights up the entire back of game and is also tied into the GI. I tied both Godzilla and the green backboard light to the red GI effect so they sequence together and it really pops when they illuminate. Really having fun with this masterpiece and I absolutely love Godzilla-such a great game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your game is looking great. You couldn't ask for a better sandbox to play in then this title!

#20416 11 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

So I noticed my pin was ball search every time I turned it on and it would not start a game. I took balls out and noticed only 5 instead 9f 6. I searched the playfield and saw this. I assume that ball should not be there however WTF, how did it get behind the magna grab. Is the magna geab an easy thing to take off playfield to gain access to ball.
[quoted image]

Don't do it. That is a captive ball, it belongs there . Have you checked behind the couch?

#20464 11 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Finally got my Godzilla premium today and got it all set up. I’m making my way through this long thread but are there any things specific to this game that I need to be aware of right off the bat? Excited to join the club!

Turn your trough eject down right out of the gate. There will be plenty of time to read through the whole thread if you want to but for now just check out the key posts, all the important basic things that come up are covered there for starts. There is also a dedicated Godzilla mod thread if you're thinking about adding stuff to the machine.

#20554 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any GZ owners have the Pingraffix Power Bladez if so would love to hear some feedback on them and perhaps some additional video while playing the game vs attract mode.

I've got the power bladez and I love them, if fact I swapped out my mirror blades for them. Install is simple. The overall effect is lost during gameplay as your more focused on the ball then the scenery. They bring more to the game for the onlookers and in attract mode. Still, at the end of the day, there cool as fuck.

#20558 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks. Was concerned about them being distracting during the game.
I mean they are beyond cool and I can imagine being fascinated with them in the game for sure especially if they add to the look of course

If your already leaning in their direction, you will not be disappointed.

#20625 11 months ago

After having this machine in the house for almost a year... I visited planet x for the first time today. Needless to say, I'm liking the new code.

#20689 11 months ago

Topper!

IMG_20221021_000145907 (resized).jpgIMG_20221021_000145907 (resized).jpg
#20705 11 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

The only explanation for how many balls end up there.
[quoted image]

There is no shame in moving that lower right post down one hole. The ball will still find plenty of paths to the outlane.

#20733 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Minor problem on the machine I just got. When a ball comes down the wireform returning to the right inlane and reaches the end, it often bounces back up the wireform a few inches instead of falling through right away. Not a problem for gameplay but does throw off my timing. Any suggestions on what to tweak for this?

Mine was doing the same thing. You just have to bend the top rail up a little.

#20738 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Thanks. You mean this spot here, circled, the top layer of the wireform, right?
[quoted image]

That's correct, by bending it up a little bit it gives the ball downward momentum to go through the lower. May have to tweak it a time or two to get it to your liking.

#20786 10 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Rough design for topper that I’ll 3d print.
[quoted image]

I like where this is going.

#20792 10 months ago

I picked up a n scale building model and converted it to fit the skyline in gz. The plan is to eventually replace all of those buildings with structures similar to this.

IMG_20230503_013750316 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_013750316 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_013804057 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_013804057 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_013921950 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_013921950 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_022305584 (resized).jpgIMG_20230503_022305584 (resized).jpg
#20855 10 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Luckiest Super Secret Skillshot Ever???

That's great! Just like the coach drew it up.

#20945 10 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I got a sneak peak of the Tilt Topper GZ one last night and I think it's awesome.
I asked and they gave me the OK to post the video of it.
I'll post it in a few relevant threads.

I'm not feeling it. I like the light show and the build quality looks impressive but the Godzilla sculpt not so much. Looks like Grand lizard and a sleestak had a baby.

#20976 10 months ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Sorry if this has been answered but could only find threads about adjusting height in diag settings when searching.
My Building on my premium is slightly tilted to the left. Seems the same amount on all floors. It doesn't seem to be affecting gameplay much although I have noticed more rejected shots through the building rolling back SDTM. I assume this is a manual adjustment maybe on the stepper? Any help appreciated.
You can see in the picture here when on 1st floor it's maybe 3-5mm higher on the right. The other floors all show the same amount of tilt.
[quoted image]

There are four nuts on the bottom of the building, you can tighten or loosen accordingly in small increments to level the building.

#20978 10 months ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I think I finally figured out why this game has been kicking my ass for a year.
I am just not that good under the influence of rum and/or ganja (which seems to be about 90% of the time)

I found I'm no good without it

#20998 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I will need more clear parts than the body and skirt?

There is a clear base that is available, order that as well. Three clear parts total.

#21098 10 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think the other difference between Stumbler's Splitter + and the one DugFreez showed from PBL is that Stumbler's is just 12v. PBL is 5v and 12v. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I want both voltages.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe you are correct. The +5v is there on the SAM type power connections supplied on that board from Pinball Life.

You're both correct. Also the pinball life board is available in a version to mount in the back box if you're too jammed up with mods near the coin door. I am currently using both.

#21114 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Here's all translucent. The post sleeves do show some wear after 1000 games or so, not too bad. I just rotated them around [quoted image]

Really like the extra paint touches you've given that game, that mg looks fantastic.

#21191 10 months ago

I’m curious what your pitch may be…. Mine was a drain monster at 6.5 now I have mine at 6.9 at the flippers. A whole lot less drains now flows nicely too

I've had mine a year and I'm real comfortable at 6.8 and to cut back on the side to side you can turn down the power of your slings

#21208 10 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I've seen a lot of mods this one wins most ridiculous

Does it?

#21210 10 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

ya that's disturbing but def a decent competitor... WTF

Excellent, WTF is exactly what I was going for. The hot tub roof top is held in place with magnets and can be easily swapped with a more conservative one, complete with goat, intended as a nod to diddy's original design. I like to start with the goat rooftop and then swap it out after an hour gameplay when a newbie goes to the bathroom just to goof on them.
I was snowed in for 3 days straight over the winter.

IMG_20230415_014709255 (resized).jpgIMG_20230415_014709255 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#21513 10 months ago

Okay so it's clear the topper mostly sucks, but that said it does have some high points that I was able to draw inspiration from. Can't wait to add a zip tie to the tail of my topper.

IMG_20230530_111331984 (resized).jpgIMG_20230530_111331984 (resized).jpg

#21521 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Rob,
Are you guys adding Godzilla himself somewhere in the middle of your topper? It looks like that's the intention with the center gap under the UFO.

That center Gap currently has a mechanized Godzilla spine that rotates to give the illusion of Godzilla swimming just under the surface of the water

#21527 10 months ago
Quoted from Flexin:

I’m sticking with what I have here. Was all ready to throw my money at it but how disappointing. I got this one and once I get the signs, removed the back yellow piece to see the back wall. I’m good for now…. This could have been an epic topper to match the level of this game…. But now it goes down as a disappointment of the same scale…
[quoted image]

We really have come full circle, fun fact from the image you posted. Space shuttle was the first game to have a topper. A simple cardboard print that said space shuttle. My how I long for simpler times.

#21556 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, each zip tied is individually numbered by Stern. Also, they are not called zip ties but rather "Ultra action holding strap with exclusive "Stern Strength" technology".

See, that's why they should have done a more elaborate reveal video. Had I known this I definitely would have pulled the trigger.

#21618 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Man.. The hate train is packed!

Not to worry, this is only day one of the bitching, there's still plenty of seats on the hate train. Stern brought this on themselves.

#21622 10 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

......or how Stern actually sees its customers:[quoted image]

And why wouldn't they, initial run was a thousand toppers at $1,000 each, sold out before they were ever revealed. I'm not rain man but I can do that kind of math in my head, here's a quick million dollars and who cares if there's no demand for more after the fact. Oh yeah and bonuses to the guys that said, lets skimp on the reveal video and what a great opportunity to get rid of those hideous Godzilla figures were overstocked with.
I'll give it a rest now but after a year and a half wait I'm just really disappointed.

#21631 10 months ago

So many factors in play here. The market for toppers is obviously a thing. Maybe going forward Stern will consider a three-tier system for toppers, like they do with their games.
An entry level topper that is simple solid and reliable that would work great on location for routers or for the homeowner that doesn't want to break the bank.
The second tier could have more bells, lights and whistles.
And the elite model that is based on the previous two but with a few moving mechanisms and the super wow factor.
Hell ,you could make them modular so you could slowly build over time if you decide the game is a keeper.

#21632 10 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'll give it a rest now but after a year and a half wait I'm just really disappointed.

Okay, now I'll give it a rest.

1 week later
#22002 9 months ago
Quoted from math08:

My wife had set a 4 machine limit. I traded my beautiful fully restored Creature for my Mando Premium. When GZ came out, I was able to persuade her to allow a 5th (with some help from my kids), and am currently at that limit and will probably be there for quite a while.

Have more kids, you'll get more votes the next time this comes up.

#22015 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

I got some of these, only few sizes left now, they are seriously beefy, if you threw it at someone they may not survive.....lol

#22111 9 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Bought this on ebay yesterday for my topper, $14. It's close enuf for me.
[quoted image]

Here is that same version, with added paint.

IMG_20230220_181830724 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_181830724 (resized).jpg
#22125 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Looks great! Would you mind sharing how you did it?

Thanks,seems like there's never a shortage of these guys around. I have painted three different versions for my machine. As well as a handful for fellow pinsiders, check out this post from the Godzilla mod thread from about a year ago, https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/apinjunkie
It's a different version of the Godzilla but the same paints and techniques are used.

IMG_20230314_111241633 (resized).jpgIMG_20230314_111241633 (resized).jpg
#22126 9 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

I'm having a bit of a problem with my premium building VUK as the ball is getting stuck in the gap and I often have to shake it free. I've been living with it because I've learned to shake it loose pretty easily but I had a Rodan/MZ combo I was trying to get to and tilted it.
Damn it, time to fix it.
I've seen the washer solution in detail from this post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/316#post-7199283) but I was hoping to just do the credit card trick. Does anyone have specific words of wisdom or pictures of what you're doing to fix it before I dig in there?
I'm guessing you're putting the business card in just enough to cover that gap so when the ball is on the card it bends a little and then sticks out so the ball can't bounce back into that gap, yet also not get into the way of the VUK. Sound right?

I used a business card that was laying around.
IMG_20230417_131047508 (resized).jpgIMG_20230417_131047508 (resized).jpg

#22163 9 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Mine is coming along need to redo job due to some settings being off.
[quoted image]

Looking sweet, have you printed the hands yet?

#22184 9 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh , I thought Co Op was something different .We play TNA every week at league . Yeah that’s something different and fun . I’m looking for a style of play where whomever is playing (2-4 people ) you keep the same progression (game ) going altogether .So you’re all working on the same game and keep taking over where the previous player left off .That will help some people (who don’t get far in games) see more of the game while playing with others that can progress the game further .This would help keep more people interested in pinball .Has this ever been done in any game ?

Mando, and it's a pretty cool feature.

1 week later
#22486 9 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Yup. Topper is kinda weak. There’s lots you could spend 1k on. This topper isn’t one!
1. Weekend trip with wife
2. Small house projects
3. Nice electric guitar
4. A nice concert or sporting event
5. Electronics new tv iPad laptop etc.
So much more!!
I built my topper for under 100 bucks and I get a shadow too!!
[quoted image]

You make some good points, I didn't buy the topper so... Post a picture of your wife and I'll let you know.

#22487 9 months ago

Well it's my gz premiums birthday today. Can't believe it's already a year old. They grow up so quick. Better still, an anniversary in 3 days and we're still in the honeymoon phase. This might just be the one.

IMG_20220627_160901086 (resized).jpgIMG_20220627_160901086 (resized).jpg

#22577 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Added mothra to topper

The wire is definitely the way to go, plus you get that lifelike jiggly action during gameplay. Looks nice.

1 week later
#22895 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pretty good day today[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Two boxes, is the other one Rush?

#23001 8 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Ha! Yes, I hope everyone understood I couldn't care less about that bag and how it may or may not effect resale. As of now, I doubt there will be a resale!
My fan kicks in pretty quickly. Not too bothersome at the moment, but when the game is "idling" it's noticeable.
I just set up and ran with this game, but any protective measures I should be considering from GZ vets here?
I fid turn down the ball eject a little already.

Do the bridge mod before you crack your plastic over the captive ball.

#23085 8 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Is there a bug with rampage? It seems to end, the final score for the mode displays and then on the next switch hit it restarts at the last shot. Only happens once so isn’t an eternal loop but something not right.

Same happened to me last night, never noticed it before.

#23122 8 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

I have the flamin frames that I want to hook up but I also have the powerbladez. They both use the same power cable which is the dollar bill acceptor cable. Is there a way to get a splitter for that?

I'm running both of those on mine, pretty sure I got a splitter from Doug and I'm running both of them off the power from the back box.

#23128 8 months ago

From Doug at speakerlights.com, the same vendor who makes the flamin frames.

#23168 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You still need a splitter ?From Doug if You need to order.See the photo in Dougs instructions to pull power right side bottom corner of Backbox,remove the the metal cover and plug in to cable[quoted image]

Quoted from OTRChief:

Can you supply a link

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-heatray-center-mod-make-your-translite-alive-#post-7593261
It's a good mod.

#23193 8 months ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

She got both at Hobby Lobby

Cool beans! I will be at HL Monday, putting that sign on the list.

#23223 8 months ago

A perty good fight scene between GZ and Gigan.

#23247 8 months ago

Mmmm BEER!
[quoted image]

And what goes good with beer? Pinball!

IMG_20220716_081642108 (resized).jpgIMG_20220716_081642108 (resized).jpg
#23335 8 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Does the video sequence interfere with anyone else’s magna drop ?
What I mean is,
But the time the magna drop responds to my flippers, the ball has lost all swinging momentum on the magnet, so it just drops straight down. No chance at getting the imposter via magna grab ball Swing/drop.
Any advice? Anyone else have this issue ?
Thanks.

That's just hit or miss unfortunately, mostly miss. It depends on the angle the ball hits the magnet or the series of clips that are playing at any given time when you hit it. Embrace it.

#23358 8 months ago

That's a nice looking piece, probably the best out of the box representation of what's going on with the playfield artwork I've seen. At 8.2" though it probably is not going to fit into the machine where the factory Godzilla stands without some modifications but might look pretty impressive as a replacement on the topper.

#23365 8 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Any pro owners interested the figure & sign 50 plus shipping. Upgrading to Tokyo neon sign.

If it were me I would consider holding on to the lady. In my opinion she still works fine with Davey's mod. Just saying.

IMG_20220808_022652032 (resized).jpgIMG_20220808_022652032 (resized).jpg
#23380 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

No hes been there for a few hundred plays and this is happening latelyI need a video ,I thought it went in and got stuck trying to come back.

Are his ribs supposed to set up on this plastic, maybe it vibrated loose and is occasionally contacting the ball.

Screenshot_20230726-160152 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230726-160152 (resized).png
#23400 8 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The only issue I have (besides sdtm for the building 90% of the time) is however this.
Any solution for this? I do have a playfield protector, perhaps this extra 0,5 mm makes it trap more easy. Don’t now if the turntable can be adjusted in height?
[quoted image]

You might try a self-adhesive cabinet bumper. Right where your ball is sitting in the photo and bumped up to the ramp so as too not impede the ball Lane.

#23401 8 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

put a small clear bumper on it... ?

Oops, you answered while I was typing. This.

#23516 7 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I should have my Godzilla today....hopefully in one piece.
Quick question: Is there any areas on the playfield where washers are needed to stop guide posts from damaging the playfield?
Thanks!

Congrats on the new arrival. Other than turning down the trough eject power, this one is good to go out of the box.

#23641 7 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Last newbie request (for tonight) what is the prevailing thought on plastic shooter lane protectors like the one at Mezel's or Cliffy's? I want to protect my first new pin as much as possible.[quoted image]

I've got the Mezel version and it does exactly what it claims to do. A low cost way to keep that shooter Lane pristine, easy install also.

3 months later
#25015 4 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Take the glass off and get to KOTM if you want to play it.

It's weird... that that seems like cheating to me, but somehow pressing a button and being taken there immediately doesn't. Maybe it's because with the button you only get the time mode. You want the real deal, you still have to earn it. Sheesh... Pinball.

#25022 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

BTW.... I would not worry about getting ANY Stern accessory anymore, I just saw they are rerunning more Black Knight toppers!

Ouch! This guy is gonna take a hit.

Screenshot_20231117_143213_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231117_143213_Chrome (resized).jpg
#25026 4 months ago
Quoted from Hobiecater:

While in rampage mode I've noticed that the left spinner sequence will occur twice. The timer will count down to zero and show the Rampage Score on the LCD screen but then restart the whole left spinner sequence again. I'm not aware of any way to extend the rampage timer which makes me think its software related. Is this happening with anyone elses game?

It happens.

Quoted from schudel5:

Anyone notice that the skill switch actuator above the upper left flipper is too short? I've had skill shot balls go between the top of the flipper and bottom of the actuator hanging down. So it was a good skill shot but it didn't register.
I might have to come up with a different wire bending solution with a piece that extends further towards the flipper.

It happens.

1 week later
#25144 4 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

It never occurred to me that having a spouse as enthusiastic about pinball as me would be a double-edged sword...

You found a unicorn, consider yourself lucky.

#25222 3 months ago

Just saw G1.
Hell, yes! The atomic breaths scenes alone are worth the price of admission.Great sound, fx and story.See it on the big screen.

2 weeks later
#25653 3 months ago

Hands down the best Christmas card I received this year!

20231219_101502 (resized).jpg20231219_101502 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#26317 73 days ago

Anyone ever see this happen to precision Halo Flips? Less than a thousand plays and then this happened. Flipper strength was dialed back from the original factory settings.

20240113_191027 (resized).jpg20240113_191027 (resized).jpg20240113_191105 (resized).jpg20240113_191105 (resized).jpg
#26320 73 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Whoa! I’ve not seen that happen. I have these installed on several pins a few closing in on +400 games. Yikes, if Halo flips bust like this, I’ll have to rethink their use. Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss.

I'll bounce back from this. Fortunately there system allows for easy and quick swapping of flippers. As fate would have it, I had a spare that I hadn't gotten around to adding to a machine. Not the perfect color match but it keeps me flippin. I do appreciate what they're product adds to the game play, But going forward I may opt for their solid version of the bats.

20240113_200149 (resized).jpg20240113_200149 (resized).jpg
#26327 73 days ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

I’ve seen a few posts like this, and it was the reason I stayed solid, though I didn’t see many examples of it. Percosionflippers are great - reach out and he’ll help you out, awesome customer service! I heard a while back there was a bad run of halos but that issue is corrected now. Maybe it’s from the older batch?

Good advice. I reached out to John and he will be sending me a replacement this week. Great customer service indeed.

#26332 72 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have them on my EHOH with Super Bands that are super tight and so far, no issues.[quoted image]

John mentioned there were occasional issues with some of the earlier runs, and that they have made improvements. After seeing your image and comparing to mine, I can see that there is more meat on the tips of your bats compared to mine.

20240115_090933 (resized).jpg20240115_090933 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#26796 46 days ago

A unique photo op... This was out at a toy show in mankato minnesota last weekend.

20240204_143954 (resized).jpg20240204_143954 (resized).jpg20240204_144318 (resized).jpg20240204_144318 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#27119 6 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

My guy used to have a inni now he has an outie. Anyone ever have this happen?
[quoted image]

Happens to me when I first wake up in the morning all the time

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,394 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.