PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1956PINHEAD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3888 2 years ago

Christmas came early for me this year, joined the owners club today. Game was born on November 15th. Going to get it set up in a little while and play a few games

20211130_162300_resized (resized).jpg20211130_162300_resized (resized).jpg20211130_163310_resized (2) (resized).jpg20211130_163310_resized (2) (resized).jpg

#3922 2 years ago

All set up last night and played six games. Really like the game even though I haven't really gotten into it yet. Like the insider connect feature too, very cool feature. Game is playing as it should, no issues other than a couple ball hang ups at the building to playfield transistion entry, must be a little step/groove right there, I'll investigate later.

My dog wishes she had hands so she can play pinball

20211130_193304_resized (resized).jpg20211130_193304_resized (resized).jpg

#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You can adjust the starting position in the operator's menu (game specific). That will get rid of the small disparity between the playfield and the building. Beautiful dog by the way!

I'll take a look at that, thank you!

#3954 2 years ago

I always enjoy unboxing a new game and rolling it into the house. It reminds me of that new car smell. I enjoy opening that coin door and getting a blast of that 'new pinball game smell'. Gotta love it

Looking forward to playing a few games this evening and exploring more of this great game.

#4031 2 years ago

So I've had my GZ premium for a couple days now and put about 30 games on it, really liking everything about this game. When deciding to purchase the game I didn't really put much thought into the insider connect feature, it was all about the game. Now that I've used the connect features I'm really liking that tech in the game. I think it's great and like how it tracks the play, achievements, and awards. I can see myself buying the conversion kits for my other games when they become available.

It will be interesting to watch how the pinball universe unfolds as these newer games with this connect feature start getting out there in larger numbers. Not sure what's coming but according to George G. at Stern this is just scratching the surface.

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Adding custom Mechagodzilla armor artwork to my Premium.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job! Did you air brush these parts yourself?

#4370 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I bet if most premium owners look at the area that the ball drops on the mecha godzilla spinner ramp, they will see plenty of dimples.

105 games, I've been beating up Mecha real good as I have plenty of dimples where the ball drops. No biggy as after a while that entire area will be ball peened it will look flat

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What has been the typical factory-to-home price paid for pro vs. premium on this title?

I actually sent the moderator a PM about running a survey on the top of this thread about that very thing. Similar to the survey about which version you'd like to own. I think it would be a good data point on this game and perhaps compare with other new Stern titles as they arrive on the market.

1 week later
#5059 2 years ago

I'm thinking of setting my pitch to like around 12-14 degrees, then playing about thirty games at that setting. That should make the game easy to play when I set it back to 6.7

#5320 2 years ago

Sorry to hear about your loss, especially on Christmas which doesn't make it any easier. Best wishes for you and your family to get you through this difficult time.

1 month later
#6928 2 years ago

Anyone having connection issues right now with insider connection with their machine?

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It was definitely down about an hour ago...

OK, thanks. It appears to still be down.

1 week later
#7379 2 years ago

Five loops is my best so far, the ball speed keeps getting faster when you nail it just perfectly, so the ball is really flying on that sixth attempt, and I always get a little ahead om my timing to try and compensate.

Great game, really enjoying learning how to play this layout etc. I just need to play it more, work keeps getting in the way

1 week later
#7647 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Slight topic change although these comet LEDs seem super cool!
I have a Pro on order. But I made the mistake of playing a premium and, well, it is awesome. I have tried to find a really good pro vs. prem discussion on GZ but can’t find it. Are the Pro players happy or is there really a big gap w the prem? Those magents, the bridge, and the building…. I guess they don’t affect gameplay that much?
I’m not normally one who regrets decisions. This ultimately is more of a ‘stick w the pro’ order or ‘change to prem’. Currently 60% leaning to pro and 40% to changing. Maybe more like 65/35. Thoughts?

My take on it is this, if you can get a Pro quicker than you can a Premium then bag one. If you play the Premium more and decide you like it better at some point, then sell the Pro. Just make sure you put a Premium on order soon otherwise you'll be playing that Pro for at least a year unless you can find a Premium that someone has decided to part with. Resale on all three versions is going to be strong for a long time based upon demand.

IMO you can never really go wrong with buying a Premium, especially a Godzilla as it is so well integrated with the shots and mech's. One of my favorite features of the Premium is the Building mechanism and how it alters how the game plays by diverting the balls to different areas during play. As most have already said when comparing, buy what fits your game style and likes, for me it was a No Brainer!

Good Luck

4 months later
#11551 1 year ago

Hey there Godzilla owners. Thought I'd pop over here to plug my new mod I just introduced a few days ago. This mod has been in development for several months, Godzilla was one of the machines I tested the mod on along with several others as it's not game specific. If you're interested check it out.

Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

Flipper Kit_Std (resized).jpgFlipper Kit_Std (resized).jpg
#11560 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

They look beautiful, but... at close to $80 more than the cost of the three normal plastic flipper bats on Godzilla, I can't see this really gaining traction. But again, it looks great.

mikeflan Thanks for the comments. Yes, they do cost more than plastic, but plastic they aren't, and that's the whole point. I wanted to bring something new to the pinball community that was different, having options is a good thing right

#11603 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

True but the cost has to be justified though. The plastic flipper bats last a long time and are so cheap to buy. Not taking away from yours and they are cool, just a tough sell unfortunately for something that can be had cheaply and that are not replaced all the time.
Might want to design some coil stops. Now that’s something that needs replaced on sterns.

BallyKISS1978 Thanks for the comments, and I like that you do think they are cool.

Sure plastic is dirt cheap, it works fine. But for those players looking to have options with ease of adjustment that is what this system offers. The objetive was not to just simply replace the plastic bats, it's more than that, players now have the option to easily change the style of flipper bat, longer, shorter, and different colors quickly and easily! And there are more shapes in testing.

Design some Coil Stops, Hmmm.., think I'll pass on that

#11606 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I like that you can adjust the flipper angle top-side; that would be super convenient! What are the two unused screw holes for?

arzoo Thanks for the comments. You hit on a good point, with this system you don't have to go under the playfield to deal with the flippers anymore, all adjustment is done up top. When you want to remove and or adjust the flipper bats the two screw holes on top is what allows for the adjust to be made. So basically in the time it takes to remove the glass you can remove or just adjust the flipper angle.

I would like to think that perhaps I did the pinball community a service by removing the 'PITA factor' with having to deal with adjusting the flipper bats!

#11607 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I haven't checked the other thread but I'm wondering about the weight difference and if that difference increases the wear of the flipper coils and linkage over time due to carrying and moving the extra weight.

SimplePin Thanks for commenting. The flipper bats weigh 22 grams, and so far with all the testing done over the past eight months all seems good. What I did find disturbing while developing this mod was the flipper shaft bushings have way to much clearance in them. That's a bunch of wasted energy lost with all the play between the shaft and bushing. I'm working on testing new metalic bushings now, so far so good.

#11626 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I'm trying to eliminate the places on the pf where the ball gets stuck during live action. The pic shows where the ball occasionally gets stuck at the entrance to the building. Does anyone know if the building can be raised a tiny bit relative to the pf to prevent this? Has anyone had this issue and solved it?
Thanks
[quoted image]

This is a common place for the ball to hang up on a weak shot, I just deal with it as it doesn't happen too often.

#11843 1 year ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

Could people who can hit the scoop consistently please post a picture of how your flipper bats are aligned?
Thanks from a sucker who cant hit the scoop.
I aligned to the points like i do all my other machines, but I THINK it should be lower to hit the scoop.
So please guys (who can do scoop shots like a sniper) post dem bats!

Hi @TheFuge, take a look at these as it will make it so easy to adjust your flipper angles. Gone are the days where you have to lift the playfield to do it, and have three hands

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

Flipper Shaft Gold (resized).jpgFlipper Shaft Gold (resized).jpg
#11846 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hmmm, do they work!?

Yes they do, very well in fact. It's more than just replacing the plastic flipper bats, its an independent flipper and shaft system, they aren't molded together like the flippers that come with the game. A little something neat for the pinball community that hasn't been available before.

#11861 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Technically not true, Modder swinks created interchangeable kits after Ghostbusters came out and the flipper spacing was a bit too much for some players. Your kit is truely a drop in solution, whereas swinks you have to tap a couple holes, so that may not be for everyone, but his products are simply awesome as I have my fair share and I can't say enough positive things.
I am considering purchasing your product as I think the quality, fit and idea of color options is awesome. Just wanted to share the other info.
Ken

@eyeamred2u, Thanks for the info as I wasn't aware of that mod, I learned something new. I had a Ghostbusters for five years (recently sold it) and installed the overhead center post mod due to that large flipper gap, got me past the learning curve on that game as there were times I wanted to kick that thing over! I think that was part of my inspiration for wanting to design a flipper system that could be configurable to include longer and shorter flippers that could be easily changed. I've already had orders come in for both the long and short length flippers. Being able to change the colors is a bonus too.

I appreciate your comments, my objective is to design and manufacture high quality products that enhance the players experience and look good too. I've also just come out with a new flipper shaft bushing that I think really improves the flipper function as well.

John

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes you are correct, I came out with a design about 4 years ago where once the posts went in - you could swap out the bats for longer and shorter ones in a couple of minutes without the need to lift the playfield. But the down side was the price back then was viewed too much (though compariable to your kit cost) and being in Australia adds to the cost so then made available as a kit from Shapeways (US) and no one wanted to tap holes.
1956PINHEAD your design is cool and steps it up even more than what I created - really nice job mate - have it saved for purchase one day. Can I ask what the 2 smaller holes up top are for - part of the jigging and manufacturing process or for lighting or toppers?

@swinks, thanks for commenting a piece of history I'm now aware of, pretty cool. Thanks for the kudos on my design, I spent about 8 months developing and testing them, players are liking them. What's also a nice feature is that the flipper angle can be set to virtually any position and then locked into that position from up top. Once the shafts are installed you never have to loosen them again to adjust the flipper angle.

The two small threaded holes in the top are to attach artistic covers which will be available shortly. They also serve to facilitate adjustment and removal of the flipper bat.

#11927 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got a set of these this week to install in my Godzilla but changed my mind after realising that the flipper toppers I have on Godzilla would hide the beauty of these aluminium flippers. So I installed them in my Jurassic Park Premium instead. They really simplify installation and adjustment of the flippers very much. You don’t have to line up the flipper with the hole when installing. Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten. The fine tuning adjustments are made from the top after the shaft is tight in the assembly. I had to adjust the upper flipper slightly after play testing and it was simple. No need to raise the playfield at all. And they play just like the regular flippers. I really love the precision look of the machined aluminium in my pin. Buy with confidence!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

crwjumper Glad you like them, they look great in your JP! But as one might guess I'm a little biased

1 month later
#13894 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are already a millions things you need to adjust for in a tournament. This is just another one. I plan to have these in at least one tournament game at Pincinnati. Interested to see feedback from tournament players.

So am I. I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say about them.

#13925 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Loving the look of those precision flippers. Are they relatively easy to install? I'm slowly modding my GZ but I'm super paranoid about breaking the stock pieces when replacing them.

I provide a full set of instructions with photos to help with the installation. Hardest part is retightening the link arm clamp screw to make sure it's tight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1956PINHEAD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=1956PINHEAD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.