PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 548.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Hello all. After a long wait and play search, I have finally decided that I want to get Godzilla as my second pin. (Williams Indiana Jones was my first get 5 years ago). I would like to get a premium Godzilla.
Can anyone give me a recommendation of an authorized Stern dealer on the east coast to make a pre order? I live in western North Carolina. Thank you

Mad Pinball, Can’t recommend him enough.

#4902 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Mad Pinball, Can’t recommend him enough.

Yes, Rob is awesome! Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him again.

#4903 2 years ago

I'd recommend Zach Meny at flipnout. Got my Pro from him, msrp with free shipping.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com

I wonder if you can even get on the August '22 third Premium run if placing a new order at this point though, or if those slots are full already with many distributors. Make sure the distributor you choose is straight with you about their allotment they expect and current orders. Zach will be straightforward for sure.

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

how did you attach him?

3M double sided tape. I bumped the figure back and forth to test it wouldn't come loose and it's solid.

#4905 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Godzilla bank/train mod installed and powered up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where does one obtain such a mod?

#4906 2 years ago

Hello club! I've not yet received my LE but I'm doing a stream from Lynn's Arcade this eve on the premium (0.85 installed!). Might be of interest for all the folks waiting. https://twitch.tv/dri374 is the place and 6PM PST is the time.

Rooooaaarrr!Rooooaaarrr!

#4907 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you have to shave his arms to get him to fit?

I did. Just the right one.

9A0D340E-B38B-41CF-A0FB-073F187AE207 (resized).jpeg9A0D340E-B38B-41CF-A0FB-073F187AE207 (resized).jpeg
#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Where does one obtain such a mod?

Just a one off I made for myself. I’m going to do a how to thread that will link to parts needed.

#4909 2 years ago

Hit the super secret shot last night. Behind the upper flipper then straight to the scoop.

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Hit the super secret shot last night. Behind the upper flipper then straight to the scoop.

Spoiler alert

#4912 2 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Come on man!!

#4913 2 years ago

Wow what a great game this is. I cannot stop playing that thing. The 0.85 update is impressive. So much fine tuning and really thought through adaptions already. Optimizing saucer attack and introducing Wallop ball saver is just great.

I LOVE going for double saucer attack with an alley pass. So rewarding. I love going for super trains. I love tesla strike. The risk/reward thinking is over the top on Godzilla. Flow is unbelievable. I dont really know what to critisize... such an outstanding masterpiece

I am really excited for software updates. What about oxygen destroyer? So much to come yet already crazy impressive

#4914 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Works fine. Updated manually.

Did you have any issues when clicking on premium code and it showing as LE code on stern site...are they the same?

Thanks

#4915 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdhops:

Did you have any issues when clicking on premium code and it showing as LE code on stern site...are they the same?
Thanks

They're the same. Stern LE is just a Premium with cosmetic upgrades.

The only time in recent memory when an LE was physically different in code-managed toys than a Premium and had specific code for it alone was on JJP's GnR that got a physical COMA lock on the CEs (what JJP calls an LE) and the LEs (what JJP calls a Premium) did not.

#4916 2 years ago

I have to give another vote for wizardmod. I am digging the artblades big time.

93116349-61D1-480F-B231-29F87E31282F (resized).jpeg93116349-61D1-480F-B231-29F87E31282F (resized).jpeg960FC48B-ECA3-429C-A8B0-5225BE8A5112 (resized).jpeg960FC48B-ECA3-429C-A8B0-5225BE8A5112 (resized).jpegC7CE48FD-9558-4C36-A902-BDCD31A0D7A8 (resized).jpegC7CE48FD-9558-4C36-A902-BDCD31A0D7A8 (resized).jpegEB799CB8-C79B-4F62-9CEB-33DD9E7319CC (resized).jpegEB799CB8-C79B-4F62-9CEB-33DD9E7319CC (resized).jpegF69C1C06-F537-4BEE-BABB-7D65BC8ADD39 (resized).jpegF69C1C06-F537-4BEE-BABB-7D65BC8ADD39 (resized).jpeg
#4917 2 years ago

Is this the bank people are referring to?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4918 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Iam really excited for software updates. What about oxygen destroyer? So much to come yet already crazy impressive

The Godzilla power ups that’d e mentioned all over the screen aren’t implemented yet, a handful of minor characters on the playfield art are nowhere to be found and as you mentioned the Oxygen Destroyer is currently MIA.

.85 added a lot of cool stuff (most importantly the Wallop function…now that lane serves a purpose), I can’t wait to see what they add from here.

This is a long shot, but it’d be cool for some call out variation similar to AFM when you travel city to city. Could we get some over the top English/French call outs (maybe one female announcer for one of the cities?).

The current announcer is fine for a majority of it, but it wouldn’t hurt to have more variety and remind you what city you’re in.

#4919 2 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks the “shoot the ramps” and “shoot the scoop” callouts sound like Danny Devito?!

#4920 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Is this the bank people are referring to?
[quoted image]

That's the one.

#4921 2 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Am I the only one who thinks the “shoot the ramps” and “shoot the scoop” callouts sound like Danny Devito?!

If it was Devito it would be ok, but that looney tunes guy can be a little too much, “Give that bucket of bowlts a knuckle samdwich”

#4922 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

If it was Devito it would be ok, but that looney tunes guy can be a little too much, “Give that bucket of bowlts a knuckle samdwich”

Once pinball browser can modify this I might change those callouts. Selfishly I want an asian accent yelling godzirra.

#4923 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Once pinball browser can modify this I might change those callouts. Selfishly I want an asian accent yelling godzirra.

Ha!!!

#4924 2 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Sounds more like Joe DeRita from the Three Stooges to me with a dash of Elmer Fudd.

#4925 2 years ago

Mothra topper came today courtesy of Mondo! This is just a mock up, I'll secure it more firmly and arrange the lights more artfully but I am lovin' it!

IMG_20211217_193726 (resized).jpgIMG_20211217_193726 (resized).jpg
#4926 2 years ago

I just installed a knocker but it’s not getting triggered when a shoot again happens.

Not sure if it’s code related

Thanks

#4927 2 years ago
IMG_20211214_191025 (resized).jpgIMG_20211214_191025 (resized).jpg
#4928 2 years ago
IMG_20211214_191328 (resized).jpgIMG_20211214_191328 (resized).jpg
#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Yessss, I’d be happy if every one of that guys callouts were replaced by an Asian accent

#4930 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yessss, I’d be happy if every one of that guys callouts were replaced by an Asian accent

Yet, in an odd way, there is this weird satisfaction of bad callouts done just like the bad dubs done on the movies - they are awful. Somehow it all works.

#4931 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Yet, in an odd way, there is this weird satisfaction of bad callouts done just like the bad dubs done on the movies - they are awful. Somehow it all works.

Ahhh.. no it doesn't., not on this game anyway.

The crappy fake NY accent callouts need to go.

Danny Devito would be a huge improvement.

As someone mentioned, if they could do different accents for the different cities it would help immensely. And NY would be my least played city...

#4932 2 years ago

Have to agree that the NY guy needs to be changed for something else.

#4933 2 years ago

I think it would be cool if the destruction jackpot multiplied if you hit it consecutively. Double destruction jackpot and so on. This game is really moving on nicely can't wait to see more.

#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

I just installed a knocker but it’s not getting triggered when a shoot again happens.
Not sure if it’s code related
Thanks

Pinballmonkey - If I remember correctly, go into the settings - look for service settings and I think you either have to change the numbers or enable the physical knocker (and I may be getting this confused with American Pinball machines).

This is a seat of the pants guess but try:

Knocker Volume Adj Number:

Q24 Option Adj Number:

You may want to shoot Stern a quick email or call them as well if this doesn't work.

Good luck and let us know if that did the trick. I added a shaker motor but haven't added a real knocker for Godzilla yet.

Updated: When you say SHOOT AGAIN - The knocker to me indicates you have won a free game. I apologize but I haven't heard it for just SHOOT AGAIN in terms of same player - getting an extra ball, if that is what you are asking.

#4935 2 years ago

Just picked up a Pro tonight. Are there any general recommendations for setup and coil strengths to set thr game up at? Mine plays pretty good out of the box but I feel like it could use some fine tuning especially with the manual plunger as it is difficult to dial in that skill shot.

20211217_193520 (resized).jpg20211217_193520 (resized).jpg20211217_195422 (resized).jpg20211217_195422 (resized).jpg20211217_204412 (resized).jpg20211217_204412 (resized).jpg
#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Pinballmonkey - If I remember correctly, go into the settings - look for service settings and I think you either have to change the numbers or enable the physical knocker (and I may be getting this confused with American Pinball machines).
This is a seat of the pants guess but try:
Knocker Volume Adj Number:
Q24 Option Adj Number:
You may want to shoot Stern a quick email or call them as well if this doesn't work.
Good luck and let us know if that did the trick. I added a shaker motor but haven't added a real knocker for Godzilla yet.
Updated: When you say SHOOT AGAIN - The knocker to me indicates you have won a free game. I apologize but I haven't heard it for just SHOOT AGAIN in terms of same player - getting an extra ball, if that is what you are asking.

Ahh you're right.. I was just excited to install the knocker and wanted to hear some knocking . I like to hear the knocker twice on GC and for every high score, achievements etc.. I get a chuckle when it scares people playing my games

I also installed the shaker on godzilla and makes a huge difference.. I set it to Long vs max for now. So far, my only stern with a shaker and now contemplating on which next game gets it.. either SW or ST.

#4937 2 years ago

I like the NY accent guy. It's Bender from Futurama.

#4938 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I have to give another vote for wizardmod. I am digging the artblades big time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The art blades look awesome. Can’t wait for mine to arrive plus my Godzilla pro.

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hello club! I've not yet received my LE but I'm doing a stream from Lynn's Arcade this eve on the premium (0.85 installed!). Might be of interest for all the folks waiting. https://twitch.tv/dri374 is the place and 6PM PST is the time.
[quoted image]

Lynn’s arcade is a dope place to pinball

#4940 2 years ago

Got my premium today. Question. Anyone else have trouble getting the playfield back down into place after lifting it? I can take a pic later but basically when i push it all the way back on the rails it still is off by about a mm with the apron hooks and the two holes. I have to go under the playfield and push the handles to get it to go in. Anyone else?

#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Jet Jaguar loops enhanced!
[quoted image]

Used the same but I pulled mine apart. I couldn’t get him standing.

0795939B-0B22-4A77-93E3-6C8547588C83 (resized).jpeg0795939B-0B22-4A77-93E3-6C8547588C83 (resized).jpeg205CA1CC-F5ED-431E-9958-F5C635A64E33 (resized).jpeg205CA1CC-F5ED-431E-9958-F5C635A64E33 (resized).jpeg
#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The art blades look awesome. Can’t wait for mine to arrive plus my Godzilla pro.

Use the wet method if you haven’t done it before. I’ve put them on like 8 machines and it take 5 minutes and always comes out great!

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Got my premium today. Question. Anyone else have trouble getting the playfield back down into place after lifting it? I can take a pic later but basically when i push it all the way back on the rails it still is off by about a mm with the apron hooks and the two holes. I have to go under the playfield and push the handles to get it to go in. Anyone else?

Mine is tight and so is the glass but everything eventually goes where it needs to..

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Is there any packing foam still stuck on the back?

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Use the wet method if you haven’t done it before. I’ve put them on like 8 machines and it take 5 minutes and always comes out great!

I use Rapid Tac on my installs. Works great and promotes adhesion when dries.

#4946 2 years ago

I was working on my IM and my ass kept hitting the left GZ flipper next too it. Finally my GZ said "Maybe you should find another form of amusement".

#4947 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

have you checked that your machine is square? it shouldn't be hard to lift the playfield

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Do you remove the entire playfield when installing?

#4949 2 years ago

Playing .85 last night and found a bug and wondered if anyone has seen it.
-
In Tokyo ball one I defeated a kaiju and during same ball was awarded “light battle” as a maser cannon award. Battle was lit at scoop, but when shooting the scoop it would show part of the select battle animation, but would then just kick out
the ball without allowing selection.
-
This happened throughout the rest of the game, shot scoop 4-5x.

I’m going to try to recreate it today to see if it’s specific to the maser cannon award.

#4950 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Playing .85 last night and found a bug and wondered if anyone has seen it.
-
In Tokyo ball one I defeated a kaiju and during same ball was awarded “light battle” as a maser cannon award. Battle was lit at scoop, but when shooting the scoop it would show part of the select battle animation, but would then just kick out
the ball without allowing selection.
-
This happened throughout the rest of the game, shot scoop 4-5x.
I’m going to try to recreate it today to see if it’s specific to the maser cannon award.

Probably has to do with the fact that you can’t play a tier 2 mode in Tokyo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.