PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 548.
#4851 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or make it available for network update first, THEN post the manual code (not that it bothers me, I did manual anyway).

to make an educated guess, they likely had the email blast scheduled through their system, and had pushed the code to the CDN source server, but it hadn't replicated as quickly as they expected.

#4852 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think he might be talking about your roof figures.

I used super glue gel. It might be a better idea to put down mylar first as someone suggested. I used the backyard barbecue set but they make a Beatles rooftop concert HO scale set that would look neat as well.

#4853 2 years ago

Love the Godzilla Wallop! And the ball save when it sends the ball SDTM! I am less afraid to shoot the left ramp now.

#4854 2 years ago

WTF - my connected download starts, runs for a minute then stops and goes back to 'up to date - version .081'. I then back out of the network menu, then go back in and to software update, it starts downloading .85 again then stops after a minute and says 'up to date' and round and round i go. Can't help but feel something is wrong

Anyone else seeing this? Wi-Fi signal is strong.

#4855 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

to make an educated guess, they likely had the email blast scheduled through their system, and had pushed the code to the CDN source server, but it hadn't replicated as quickly as they expected.

I'm sure they'll figure it out before long so the releases are tighter.

#4856 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

WTF - my connected download starts, runs for a minute then stops and goes back to 'up to date - version .081'. I then back out of the network menu, then go back in and to software update, it starts downloading .85 again then stops after a minute and says 'up to date' and round and round i go. Can't help but feel something is wrong
Anyone else seeing this? Wi-Fi signal is strong.

Server's probably getting hammered.

#4857 2 years ago

Also, anyone know how to tell what you actually have the darn settings set to when you click on software update? I can't tell if I'm set to auto-download and auto-install. A bit confusing that menu is.

#4858 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I screwed it in from the underside of the plastic, like the original, using the existing screw hole but drilled GZ. I only used one screw instead of two. I also added a pull tie around a GZ back fin to the habitrail to make GZ lean so he will clear the glass. I had to shave the GZ right elbow and
Right foot area a bit

DAH! I'm so sorry, @wtatumjr, I meant securing the barbecue and spectator figures. (Sorry, I forgot that the photo would't come up in the reply quote...)

#4859 2 years ago

The raising of the left leveler has really helped the magnet drops, thanks for all the replies.

#4860 2 years ago

Code update almost complete. Gonna fire up the stream in like 10 mins.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#4861 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The raising of the left leveler has really helped the magnet drops, thanks for all the replies.

Godzilla is very sensitive to left to right leveling and pitch, probably the most sensitive Stern since Star Wars, IMO. So, glad the leg leveler quarter turn, test, repeat worked to get you dialed in.

#4862 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That makes zeroes of sense. Why not have it ready and THEN send the email?

Its just a choice of which to enable first. Point being is they are different things that require different steps. Don’t expect things to necessarily be exactly synced. People were freaking out over what was just minutes.

If speed is your need - IC isn’t your quickest method at this point anyways

#4863 2 years ago

Jet Jaguar loops enhanced!

Playmates Jet Jaguar figurePlaymates Jet Jaguar figure

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Strategy question:
What are the benefits of staying in the same city (besides completing a mode if not finished)? It seems like it’s best to always switch.

I'm guessing that in future updates completing all four tasks in a city will get some benefit for scoring.

#4865 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Godzilla is very sensitive to left to right leveling and pitch, probably the most sensitive Stern since Star Wars, IMO. So, glad the leg leveler quarter turn, test, repeat worked to get you dialed in.

Yeah it didn’t take much.-

#4866 2 years ago

I love this game so much! Looking forward to loading the new code and switching out the rubber with Titan’s. Such a fun game!

#4867 2 years ago

My code updated via Wi-Fi. It didn’t do it automatically though. Haven’t seen many differences except a zoom on the kaiju battle select. I’ll read the code update notes.

#4868 2 years ago

Sneakerware update in progress for now. First update was by Internet when I got the machine. I have faith in Stern getting synchronized

5584CA93-6C6E-42A2-9886-F8281DEDC74C (resized).jpeg5584CA93-6C6E-42A2-9886-F8281DEDC74C (resized).jpeg
#4869 2 years ago

I really like the way they changed the Trains mode. I liked the mode a lot originally and was worried they'd change it too much because of the scoring exploit to just loop right ramp, but I think they nailed it with the way they changed it for this update. I hit 9 ramps in a row and it was really cool to have to switch and hit the left ramp in the middle of the streak. Amazing how they made a great mode and a great game even better with this update!

#4870 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

[quoted image]

Flipstream
Nice where did you buy him? I was gonna 3D Print one LOL. Its that or the Tesla towers.

#4872 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Flipstream
Nice where did you buy him? I was gonna 3D Print one LOL. Its that or the Tesla towers.

Target. They show out of stock, but there are lots of other store options:

https://www.target.com/p/godzilla-6-5-34-action-figure-classic-jet-jaguar/-/A-81875660

#4874 2 years ago

For city combos, anyone else having trouble with the Tokyo city combos not being awarded? I tried practicing the combos and was hitting Tokyo #1 & #2 at the start of the game in Tokyo but they weren't being awarded. Then I lit battle and started a battle in Tokyo & hit both combos again and they still weren't awarded.

So I took the glass off and played with it a bit. Seems like Tokyo combos won't register either before or after starting the first battle. Once you switch cities then the combos for the city you switch to will register. But since you can't go back to Tokyo after you leave it seems like Tokyo city combos can't be awarded. I sent in a bug report e-mail but I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing happen.

#4875 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Code update almost complete. Gonna fire up the stream in like 10 mins.
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Good stream dude, thanks. One comment though, I think you may be short-changing yourself with your tier 2 vs Ghidorah and Gigan mode strat (if I understood you correctly) - you seemed to going for switch hits then collect (building shot, choosing fight) immediately. I believe you want to get a few of the lit shots (that light when you get enough switches, along with the building) first before shooting the building.

Number one you get time added when you do shoot the building/fight, but only up to like 75 seconds total or so. If you collect the first building hit immediately after hitting enough switches/lighting the yellow shots+ building, you probably max time out and leave some time on the table. Then more importantly I believe the lit shots add to your multiplier for when you do finally choose to cash in and Flee. The lit shots also award decent points directly, so when you fail to cash out like I manage to usually do you still made some points from the mode. I think the lit shots probably add to your base jackpot value too, but I'm not positive...

So I think you want to take some lit shots the first round for sure while ball save is running, then use your Heat Ray once you get enough switches during the second or third rounds to score all the lit shots and really get your multiplier up and cash out when the total value is getting way up there.

#4876 2 years ago

What does that adjustment do?

added "RAMPAGE EXTRA BALL SHOT BOOST" default: 5, min: 1, max: 10

#4877 2 years ago

Found two secret skill shots so far

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

[quoted image]

how did you attach him?

#4879 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Good stream dude, thanks. One comment though, I think you may be short-changing yourself with your tier 2 vs Ghidorah and Gigan mode strat (if I understood you correctly) - you seemed to going for switch hits then collect (building shot, choosing fight) immediately. I believe you want to get a few of the lit shots (that light when you get enough switches, along with the building) first before shooting the building.
Number one you get time added when you do shoot the building/fight, but only up to like 75 seconds total or so. If you collect the first building hit immediately after hitting enough switches/lighting the yellow shots+ building, you probably max time out and leave some time on the table. Then more importantly I believe the lit shots add to your multiplier for when you do finally choose to cash in and Flee. The lit shots also award decent points directly, so when you fail to cash out like I manage to usually do you still made some points from the mode. I think the lit shots probably add to your base jackpot value too, but I'm not positive...
So I think you want to take some lit shots the first round for sure while ball save is running, then use your Heat Ray once you get enough switches during the second or third rounds to score all the lit shots and really get your multiplier up and cash out when the total value is getting way up there.

Thanks for the tips!! Yeah still learning that mode. I was thinking get a few fights done and build up my timer high then work shots after that. But I’ll try it how you said next time. Also hope for a heat ray for when all the yellow shots are lit too.

#4880 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Found two secret skill shots so far

I found one. Having trouble even coming up with ones to try. I thought for sure if you plunged behind the upper flipper and immediately hit the right ramp that was one, but sadly no. Bummer.

#4881 2 years ago

Haven’t tried it on new code, but I have done it and thought it’d be a good secret skill shot to
-plunge to upper flipper followed with a loop. Maybe even multiple loops for a secret skill shot boost?

#4882 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Haven’t tried it on new code, but I have done it and thought it’d be a good secret skill shot to
-plunge to upper flipper followed with a loop. Maybe even multiple loops for a secret skill shot boost?

I think you’ll be pleased with .85 code. At least in part.

#4883 2 years ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Drink coasters from the Godzilla launch party at Logan’s Arcade.
[quoted image]

Wow, very nice swag.

#4884 2 years ago

Godzilla bank/train mod installed and powered up.

29CD4EC8-3FD8-4377-B9F3-70F6BECA6C65 (resized).jpeg29CD4EC8-3FD8-4377-B9F3-70F6BECA6C65 (resized).jpeg52DF6205-B0F2-4792-B70A-FFB477301E27 (resized).jpeg52DF6205-B0F2-4792-B70A-FFB477301E27 (resized).jpeg
#4885 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the tips!! Yeah still learning that mode. I was thinking get a few fights done and build up my timer high then work shots after that. But I’ll try it how you said next time. Also hope for a heat ray for when all the yellow shots are lit too.

I only access this mode when I've got the heat ray, because then i hit 4 shots at least, FIGHT, then hold heat ray, FIGHT, then go for a couple easy shots and then get to FLEE...typically end up with on average around 350 million to 400 million as you usually end up with X12. This mode is hands down the make it or break it mode for high score IMO.

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#4887 2 years ago

Watching TV, get email about update, tell Alexa to power on my pinball machines, walk over and start update on Godzilla, finish TV show, walk over and play new update.

That felt awesome. Always disliked doing the updates w/USB.

#4888 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

I only access this mode when I've got the heat ray, because then i hit 4 shots at least, FIGHT, then hold heat ray, FIGHT, then go for a couple easy shots and then get to FLEE...typically end up with on average around 350 million to 400 million as you usually end up with X12. This mode is hands down the make it or break it mode for high score IMO.

I think this scoring got nerfed a bit in the new code so you’ll likely need to fight for longer now.

#4889 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to shave his arms to get him to fit?

#4890 2 years ago

Hello all. After a long wait and play search, I have finally decided that I want to get Godzilla as my second pin. (Williams Indiana Jones was my first get 5 years ago). I would like to get a premium Godzilla.
Can anyone give me a recommendation of an authorized Stern dealer on the east coast to make a pre order? I live in western North Carolina. Thank you

#4891 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately it don't sound like u were really third... ...this happens all the time it seems...especially the past year .

Maybe third run....‍

#4892 2 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Hello all. After a long wait and play search, I have finally decided that I want to get Godzilla as my second pin. (Williams Indiana Jones was my first get 5 years ago). I would like to get a premium Godzilla.
Can anyone give me a recommendation of an authorized Stern dealer on the east coast to make a pre order? I live in western North Carolina. Thank you

i've had nothing but great success with Classic Game Rooms

#4893 2 years ago

My Mom said I can play with the cool kids now.

Got lucky and bought this baby from a local distributor (thanks, Ceckitti!), brought it home and set it up. Played a couple games with "the movers" (neighbor and my kids) and then noticed the code update. Man, gotta love the WiFi install.

I played this at Pincinnati and knew I had to get one. Love the shots, the code is looking good already, great theme. This one is a keeper!

GZ Prem (resized).JPEGGZ Prem (resized).JPEG
#4894 2 years ago

Alright so the difference between pro and premium are the 3d toys and the building moves up and down on the premium?

#4895 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright so the difference between pro and premium are the 3d toys and the building moves up and down on the premium?

Guess more detailed description of the changes...the building when its set to lock ball mode changes swaps the return path of the ramps to the flippers, and the mechagodzilla toy is a magnet catch from the ramp, in which also that spinner ramp will rotate into the barrier targets to continue qualifying for the MB

#4896 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

here's the feature matrix:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Godzilla-Pinball-Feature-Matrix-3kjhasdf.pdf

#4897 2 years ago

Fired up a game after the update and just got over 900 million. Still can't get to 1 billion yet! New code is great. Like the wallop add on.

#4898 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Guess more detailed description of the changes...the building when its set to lock ball mode changes swaps the return path of the ramps to the flippers, and the mechagodzilla toy is a magnet catch from the ramp, in which also that spinner ramp will rotate into the barrier targets to continue qualifying for the MB

Don't forget the break away bridge.

#4899 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Don't forget the break away bridge.

yes! felt i was forgetting something important, lol. still working on caffeination this mornig

#4900 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I found one. Having trouble even coming up with ones to try. I thought for sure if you plunged behind the upper flipper and immediately hit the right ramp that was one, but sadly no. Bummer.

They're pretty basic. The one you haven't found is more simple than the one you have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/98?hl=shaffetrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.