Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 547.
#4501 2 years ago

Hmm. Took a quick couple videos of how my Mom's game sounds. It's worse on 8ohm.

Thoughts?

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Hmm. Took a quick couple videos of how my Mom's game sounds. It's worse on 8ohm.
Thoughts?

That first one almost sounds like a washing machine. From the second video, seems like it happens when the bass hits in the audio. Stern warranty is pretty good, at least for me and several others that's reached out to them for issues. Show them those videos and they can provide further input and replacement parts if needed. I know that even on the LE with the upgraded speakers, I get some random crackles and few distortions here and there but probably from the audio processing on their board and not the speakers themselves. Your sounds like more speaker related than processing though.

#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

That first one almost sounds like a washing machine. From the second video, seems like it happens when the bass hits in the audio. Stern warranty is pretty good, at least for me and several others that's reached out to them for issues. Show them those videos and they can provide further input and replacement parts if needed. I know that even on the LE with the upgraded speakers, I get some random crackles and few distortions here and there but probably from the audio processing on their board and not the speakers themselves. Your sounds like more speaker related than processing though.

Yeah, it's also deteriorating with play. I'll call Stern on Monday.

#4504 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Just got mine yesterday, and am an official club member haha. I just it set it up an hour ago! It’s running 0.80 still.
Now to figure out how to update if there’s a new code already!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the Retro Rug with the black light undercab lights, it really ties the pins together.

#4505 2 years ago

Joined team neca.

20211211_215744 (resized).jpg20211211_215744 (resized).jpg
#4506 2 years ago

Just got my LE and loving it. One question....on the Godzilla multiball, the balls are spilling out from the building in a single file line that does a STDM drain every time. The ball saver kicks them right back out of course, but it seems like they should scatter a bit? Kind of a hassle but I'm wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Just got my LE and loving it. One question....on the Godzilla multiball, the balls are spilling out from the building in a single file line that does a STDM drain every time. The ball saver kicks them right back out of course, but it seems like they should scatter a bit? Kind of a hassle but I'm wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

Same with me. Tweak with your horizontal leveling to resolve. This game is super sensitive.

#4508 2 years ago

Is this unique to the GZ Pro -- Who has found and enjoyed hitting the upper MechaGodzilla targets by shooting the main spinner orbit or upper loop and just holding the upper flipper up, which causes the ball to bounce off the flipper right into the top two targets? That's a fun unique shot to hit those upper targets. Is that ever an active shot on the Prem/LE where the targets are lit when in the rotated up position/spinner is shootable from lower flippers?

I hope completing or hitting those targets comes into use in the final rules for more modes than just Mecha's shield.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I get those random crackles. Especially with this announcer! I’m better off with the japanese audio.

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Joined team neca.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Waiting for mine to arrive. How did you light him up? Is there a light already there on the premium/LE?

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Mine did that at a show before I brought it home, but once I set it up at home and leveled it they fall just barely to the left enough to catch the tip of the left flipper and stay in play. Mine is set at 6.5 slope and as close to 0 horizontal using pin guy app.

#4512 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Thoughts?

Hopefully the 8ohm setting didn't do damage to your speakers.

Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I get those random crackles. Especially with this announcer! I’m better off with the japanese audio.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but everyone who has non-LE speakers, change over to 4ohm instead of 8ohm (default) audio. I've completely removed all the crackles I was getting on Godzilla, Black Knight SoR and Star Wars. Still sounds great on pinwoofer too!

#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Thoughts?

Sounds like the amplifier chip or speaker is blown.

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but everyone who has non-LE speakers, change over to 4ohm instead of 8ohm (default) audio. I've completely removed all the crackles I was getting on Godzilla, Black Knight SoR and Star Wars. Still sounds great on pinwoofer too!

If I bought the pinwoofer kit should I change to 4ohm as well? Thanks

#4515 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Joined team neca.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Waiting for mine to arrive from eBay. What did you use to light Godzilla up?

#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I tried 4ohm today and the audio quality was poor(even on pinwoofers)

I’m gonna swap my right pyle speaker tomorrow and see if it’s better.

#4517 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Thoughts?

Check your cabinet speaker, too. Mine is blown out of the box. More prominent above level 14 or so.

#4518 2 years ago

I like collecting trinkets like keychains and pins, and got this adorable King Ghidorah keychain....also....when is this thread turning into a club thread? =)

2021-12-11 16.07.54 (resized).jpg2021-12-11 16.07.54 (resized).jpg
#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

How? I've looked through my settings a few times now and I see no sound or speaker options. What menu is it in?

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I like collecting trinkets like keychains and pins, and got this adorable King Ghidorah keychain....also....when is this thread turning into a club thread? =)
[quoted image]

That's cool!

#4521 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

How? I've looked through my settings a few times now and I see no sound or speaker options. What menu is it in?

It’s in the Utilities menu under Volume.

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Unfortunately not. I ordered a set from wizard mod in the UK.

Close, Portugal

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats! Waiting for mine to arrive from eBay. What did you use to light Godzilla up?

I have a green led strip behind the bridge facing godzilla and went with yellow on the spotlight. On the premium there is a place to stick the strip.

#4524 2 years ago

Strip is tied into the spot so it's interactive with any code changing the spot. Lermods is selling a turnkey solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/05596-godzilla-pinball-flasher-mod

Here is some video of mine in action

Next, I'm hoping to add a blue strip under the breath like SUSHKO did that uses the shaker as the trigger.

#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

If I bought the pinwoofer kit should I change to 4ohm as well? Thanks

I believe so. The way I understand it the ohm setting is really similar to setting the water pressure in your house. If you send too much signal to the speakers then you get the distortion and eventually damage. I'm not entirely sure why things are set the way they are out of the box, but since the code for Premium and LE is the same, I'm guessing that is why 8ohm is the default... just because it's great for LE speakers. But I have personally set mine to 4ohm out of the box and never experienced distortion. The speakers don't have quite the range of 8ohm, but they're not as good of speakers.

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Thoughts?

I recently added pinwoffer to a JP. It made an incredible difference. My Godzilla LE didn't even sound close to the Jp so I added pinwoffer. It made a big difference but the sound is still not as good as the jp. I think it has alot to do with the media used and the destruction noise that is ongoing. Hopefully they can clean up the audio a bit.

#4527 2 years ago
Quoted from LEDMARTIANEYES:

I recently added pinwoffer to a JP. It made an incredible difference. My Godzilla LE didn't even sound close to the Jp so I added pinwoffer. It made a big difference but the sound is still not as good as the jp. I think it has alot to do with the media used and the destruction noise that is ongoing. Hopefully they can clean up the audio a bit.

I have this same issue with my AIQ. The pinwoofer setup sounded better but still a cracking noise at the start of the game.

I installed Pinwoofer on my JP3 and it sounds stunning! Feels like I’m in the movies lol. Not sure how these machines can vary so much in audio quality. It has to be the media stern is using like you had mentioned…

#4528 2 years ago

Bump

Putting washer under metal guide rail at the captive ball and magnet.
How much harder is it to address this issue on the Prem/LE. Bridge is more complicated than the Pro.

#4529 2 years ago

Hey guys - since we were mentioned. Hope you are all having a stellar weekend!

Regarding the PinWoofer GT Amplifier, please keep in mind that the PinWoofer amp is now driving the speakers, and not the Stern CPU Node Board so while you will hear a difference in intensity (volume) switching between 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm settings (4 being quieter), it is not obvious what's really going on and I did not see it addressed above.

The 4/8 Ohm menu options are an impedance matching feature in the CPU node electronics and since the GT expander board has a 30 Ohm input impedance, you will get greater "power transfer" when the menu is set to 8 Ohm (Ie. 8 will be louder). The power transfer efficiency is lower when using 4 Ohm so the intensity is less.

We generally recommend using 8 Ohm on the Sterns since 4 Ohm is much quieter but if you want to use 4 Ohms, you can always raise the gain and master Vol to level up. We will still recommend 8 Ohm whenever possible; plese keep the service menu volume <= 20 as per the instructions to avoid clipping.

Regarding the PinWoofer KO Amplifer, there should be no sensitivity to the menu impedance settings but honestly, I have not tried it yet. There is a comment above that Godzilla sounds cleaner with PinWoofer using 4 Ohm. This is an interesting observation and I plan to dig into this more since I wonder if the digital leveling in the track is also reduced along with the lower impedance setting. AIQ, IMDN, GZ and some others have peculiar noise spots that are an artifact of the track and quite repeatable, and we see them reported from time to time as above. If there is an adjustment path to help these titles, I'll report back.

Thanks for your attention

#4530 2 years ago

Is that far right power line target hittable from the lower flippers?

I always struggle with that one during one of the battles!

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yep. I hit it all the time from the left flipper.

#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Regarding the PinWoofer GT Amplifier, please keep in mind that the PinWoofer amp is now driving the speakers, and not the Stern CPU Node Board so while you will hear a difference in intensity (volume) switching between 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm settings (4 being quieter), it is not obvious what's really going on and I did not see it addressed above.
The 4/8 Ohm menu options are an impedance matching feature in the CPU node electronics and since the GT expander board has a 30 Ohm input impedance, you will get greater "power transfer" when the menu is set to 8 Ohm (Ie. 8 will be louder). The power transfer efficiency is lower when using 4 Ohm so the intensity is less.
We generally recommend using 8 Ohm on the Sterns since 4 Ohm is much quieter but if you want to use 4 Ohms, you can always raise the gain and master Vol to level up. We will still recommend 8 Ohm whenever possible; plese keep the service menu volume <= 20 as per the instructions to avoid clipping.
Regarding the PinWoofer KO Amplifer, there should be no sensitivity to the menu impedance settings but honestly, I have not tried it yet. There is a comment above that Godzilla sounds cleaner with PinWoofer using 4 Ohm. This is an interesting observation and I plan to dig into this more since I wonder if the digital leveling in the track is also reduced along with the lower impedance setting. AIQ, IMDN, GZ and some others have peculiar noise spots that are an artifact of the track and quite repeatable, and we see them reported from time to time as above. If there is an adjustment path to help these titles, I'll report back.

Thanks for coming into the conversation PinWoofer you guys rock by the way. Best mod ever. The distortion everyone is talking about is something I experienced on my Black Knight SoR until I switched over to 4ohm, which fixed everything. I have to turn the volume-setting up higher, but I no longer experience clipping at similar volume. I'm basing what I've been saying about this setting based on some stuff I've read in the forums, personal experience, and 3rd party info (ex. https://descriptive.audio/4-ohm-vs-8-ohm-speakers/) It seems like the setting needs to be considered not just for the amp but the speakers as well. If I have read something wrong I would love to know about it and be corrected. Thanks again -- I'm a customer for life!

#4533 2 years ago

This Mothra figure is up for pre-order on Mondo's website. It's pricy at $375, but I grabbed one as a topper! That's a little more than typical topper prices, but it looks high quality.

5-MOTHRA-REG_Web_Product_1200x1200_b8b7489d-178e-4adf-a1de-1d1786b8c9d9_1024x (resized).png5-MOTHRA-REG_Web_Product_1200x1200_b8b7489d-178e-4adf-a1de-1d1786b8c9d9_1024x (resized).png
#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Strip is tied into the spot so it's interactive with any code changing the spot. Lermods is selling a turnkey solution.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/05596-godzilla-pinball-flasher-mod
Here is some video of mine in action
Next, I'm hoping to add a blue strip under the breath like SUSHKO did that uses the shaker as the trigger.

I also added one of these to the fire blast. I will post another video. I have it flashing now with the shaker motor. This thing let's you fine tune it to your liking. The kids liked it flashing as fast as possible so that's the way I have it.

EverBright LED Flasher Module... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY513NE

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

This Mothra figure is up for pre-order on Mondo's website. It's pricy at $375, but I grabbed one as a topper! That's a little more than typical topper prices, but it looks high quality.[quoted image]

wife got it..it's pretty big and heavy...couldn't convince her to let me use it as a topper. Also, compared to stern's MSRP on THEIR toppers, $375 is like 1/3 price...

20211212_125434 (resized).jpg20211212_125434 (resized).jpg
#4536 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yes, but it’s definitely a sniper shot. I usually try to stack that monster battle (Gigan maybe?) with a multiball because those targets are either SDTM death or a super long sniper shot by the right ramp.

#4537 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks for the info. This discussion started due to what I assume to be blown speakers on my Mom's Godzilla Premium. I'm going to try and go the Stern warranty direction tomorrow morning, but failing that (or most likely regardless down the road) maybe I'll use you folks as an option. Do you sell kits for the SPike 2 system, just amps, just woofers? Not really sure what your product line is.

Want to throw me a link to the one stop shop version you'd recommend?

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

wife got it..it's pretty big and heavy...couldn't convince her to let me use it as a topper. Also, compared to stern's MSRP on THEIR toppers, $375 is like 1/3 price...
[quoted image]

Does it come with both hatched and unhatched eggs?

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

Does it come with both hatched and unhatched eggs?

i think she ordered a special edition that did

#4540 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

You could add a clear furniture bumper nub to the base so that the balls kick over a little. Cheap fix and wouldn’t be very noticeable.

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Thanks for the info. This discussion started due to what I assume to be blown speakers on my Mom's Godzilla Premium. I'm going to try and go the Stern warranty direction tomorrow morning, but failing that (or most likely regardless down the road) maybe I'll use you folks as an option. Do you sell kits for the SPike 2 system, just amps, just woofers? Not really sure what your product line is.
Want to throw me a link to the one stop shop version you'd recommend?

Got it. I think you are on the right path; get a replacement speaker to ensure mom's machine is working / sounding as it should and do that before you do anything new (including PinWoofer).

After that - the PinWoofer system for Spike-2 (and others) is a complete audio upgrade with a new amplifier, power / audio solution, harness and speakers.

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

It's all engineered to be trivial to install, fully integrated and sounds great.

Feel free to reach out to me if that speaker replacement does not do the trick; it is possible that some other issue is at play and I can try to help out.

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

PW KO SPK SPIKE-2 (resized).pngPW KO SPK SPIKE-2 (resized).png
#4542 2 years ago

Was installing my piggy bank Godzilla last night and saw this guy hiding back there

9E5EBED3-307E-46AC-94CF-9B2B885EF5ED (resized).jpeg9E5EBED3-307E-46AC-94CF-9B2B885EF5ED (resized).jpeg
#4543 2 years ago

Fyi for the guides/rails causing playfield damage, I think there are several places that the guides are going to cut into the clear. In addition to the right side guide by the magnet, the front of the left-side guide of the left ramp lane was causing a little scuffing underneath too. I did Mylar and a washer there - though I cut a notch out of the washer, making it a C shape, so I could slip it around that bolt/under the guide without removing the guide. I cut notches into the mylar pieces for any bolts/posts so it can be slid under the guides without removal too. Only needed to loosen the one front nut pin this guide that way...

I noticed a bit of scuffing below the end of the guide along the back of the left spinner lane too - but a washer under that rail causes air balls on missed left ramp shots that hit the v-shaped cutout section on the end of that rail. I think that is a potential problem any of the rails with those v cutouts, as the washer lifts that guide 1-2mm, which gives some lift to the ball then when hitting the guide just right. I don't think that'll be a problem in the guides near the magnet, as the ball doesn't really directly hit those. Anyway, I went with just Mylar only added under that section in the left spinner lane. Hopefully that'll do.

I'm not sure it would ever cause a problem, but I went ahead and did washers under the two bolts and middle leg of the Mecha spinner lane guide too. Slight bit of clear damage showing under there too. No v-cutout to worry with there...

Who knows if any of these would ever progress to visible damage or chipping - I have no clear pooling around these guides, which I think may be key to the chipping, but better safe than sorry... I'm paranoid as I ended up with a couple chips up near the Mummy captive ball guides on my IMDN...
20211212_161553 (resized).jpg20211212_161553 (resized).jpg20211212_161612 (resized).jpg20211212_161612 (resized).jpg

#4544 2 years ago

Can somebody link me to the style wire connector housings that are used in godzilla? Also the connector pins? This pic is from a flasher.

20211212_143242 (resized).jpg20211212_143242 (resized).jpg
#4545 2 years ago

Now that Godzilla is settling into the #1 spot in the top 100, how do you all feel about the pro version? The Premium/LE's are clearly the best, but is Godzilla Pro better than all of the other Stern Pro models? Is it better than Deadpool Pro and Jurassic Park Pro? I've only played Godzilla Pro a few times on location. It seems like Jurassic Park Pro might have a little more in it compared with Godzilla Pro, but I need more time with it.

#4546 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Was installing my piggy bank Godzilla last night and saw this guy hiding back there
[quoted image]

That is one of the creatures that fuse together and become King Ghidorah in 1991. Little bit of an anachronism in that Easter egg. Another reason I love this game.

#4547 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Can somebody link me to the style wire connector housings that are used in godzilla? Also the connector pins? This pic is from a flasher. [quoted image]

Hard to tell with just one angle, but it looks like a molex mini-fit jr series:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0039014031/930290

#4548 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

That is one of the creatures that fuse together and become King Ghidorah in 1991. Little bit of an anachronism in that Easter egg. Another reason I love this game.

Dorats, right?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4549 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Check your cabinet speaker, too. Mine is blown out of the box. More prominent above level 14 or so.

Oh damn. Yeah, actually the down speaker is MUCH worse. Hadn't checked, the ear check on the left gave me a positive result and figured I'd found it. Yeah, it's garbage.

Thanks for the heads up.

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image]

Where in the cabinet is the dorat hiding? Too cute.

Update: Never mind - saw him (or her?) under the lamp. Too adorable. Until you get two more and subject them to nuclear explosion and they merge and become Ghidorah the Three Headed Dorat, I mean monster. Would we get three pinball machines out of our of one then? Hmmmm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/91?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.