Screenshot_20220516-171802_Lowe's (resized).jpg
7D63C500-F002-4A3B-B845-8CE46C69D748 (resized).jpeg
DB8F126C-C107-458B-9B10-93614C812505 (resized).jpeg
Trough (resized).jpg
P1010013 (resized).JPG
20220515_094954 (resized).jpg
76436466-2F05-4733-873D-BDD0721F27CD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 215.
#401 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - You can play a Premium today if you head to Logan!
[quoted image]

Does that mean the all the LEs are fully built and they have moved on to building the premiums?

#402 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow that Premium translight looks amazing.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish they had kept the Japanese like the Pro. Weird they took it off for the Prem and LE...

I think the Premium one is killer, with Ghidorahs wings spread out, he has one of its heads in his hand -

#403 7 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I think the Premium one is killer, with Ghidorahs wings spread out, he has one of its heads in his hand -

The art IS cool, I just think it's weird that the Pro is the only art package with the Japanese katakana characters for Godzilla on it. It's kind of part and parcel with the whole Godzilla vibe. Why remove it for the Premium and LE art packages?

#404 7 months ago
Quoted from psexton:

Does that mean the all the LEs are fully built and they have moved on to building the premiums?

I am sure this particular Premium is a one off since Keith posted it on Facebook and Logan is a testing ground of sorts for Stern.

But... Let's do some math. Assumptions: Stern is currently producing 100 games per day across two assembly lines, with GDZ LE being one of them. It would take around 20 days for all the LE models to be made at 50 per day. Assume that Stern posted the photo to Facebook of LEs on the line first day of full blown LE production. Probably are about half done with the LEs at this point would be my guess.

#405 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am sure this particular Premium is a one off since Keith posted it on Facebook and Logan is a testing ground of sorts for Stern.
But... Let's do some math. Assumptions: Stern is currently producing 100 games per day across two assembly lines, with GDZ LE being one of them. It would take around 20 days for all the LE models to be made at 50 per day. Assume that Stern posted the photo to Facebook of LEs on the line first day of full blown LE production. Probably are about half done with the LEs at this point would be my guess.

I think their number is 80 a day, but who knows how often that changes.

#406 7 months ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

I couldn't make it through the whole thing. It put me to sleep. Especially at 14:35 when it turns into a lullaby. I would have to turn the game off if it started playing music like that during multiball. I'll take BOC over that.

Not the whole thing. I didn't know I posted the entire soundtrack. Although I would take the Japanese lullaby over, Nah Nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, then repeat 100 times any day.

#407 7 months ago

Pass. I like the current soundtrack just fine. You can change it to 'rock' in the settings and it has the theme with electric guitar I like it.

#408 7 months ago

Got notified today that my pro is currently on a freighter en route from los angeles to hawaii - not just my first NIB, first pin period

#409 7 months ago

I think you picked a good one blueberry

#410 7 months ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Not to mention an industry first magnet diverter!

Not really. For example, WCS94 has a small magnet which diverts ball trajectory on a ramp.

Rob

#411 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I think you picked a good one blueberry

Me too. I reached out months ago to get on the list for Elwin's next game (since I love maiden and jurassic) and went for a pro because have confidence he'd deliver a good experience, still a lot of money for me, and I don't know thing one about mechanical stuff so assumed would have less stuff that would need repairing.

Since relocating, I realized the only way I'd get to play almost any pinball, and especially anything new, would be getting it myself. So here we are.

#412 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not the whole thing. I didn't know I posted the entire soundtrack. Although I would take the Japanese lullaby over, Nah Nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, then repeat 100 times any day.

To be honest, that sounds like ballroom music..!

Rob

#413 7 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Me too. I reached out months ago to get on the list for Elwin's next game (since I love maiden and jurassic) and went for a pro because have confidence he'd deliver a good experience, still a lot of money for me, and I don't know thing one about mechanical stuff so assumed would have less stuff that would need repairing.
Since relocating, I realized the only way I'd get to play almost any pinball, and especially anything new, would be getting it myself. So here we are.

How much extra was the freight versus just having it go to W coast?

#414 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How much extra was the freight versus just having it go to W coast?

Total was $750. One leg was $400, the other $350. Don't recall which was which. Thankfully, I got what seems like a very good price on the machine itself.

#415 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not really. For example, WCS94 has a small magnet which diverts ball trajectory on a ramp.
Rob

Austin powers, too.

#416 7 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Me Too!!
We should take bets who will get the first LE and put pics up here..
I make a long shot bet it will be MEDIC7000 . i say longshot due to he almost never posts but he lives close to STERN headquarters / Most every other PIN owner i clicked due to liking of the name wound out being in Floriduh ,who knew so many bought an LE in Floriduh .

I’m about 30min away from Stern but it won’t be me . Decided to use a new distributor this time in order to guarantee an LE. The down side is they said the game has to be shipped out of state to them and then back to Illinois

#417 7 months ago
Quoted from medic7000:

I’m about 30min away from Stern but it won’t be me . Decided to use a new distributor this time in order to guarantee an LE. The down side is they said the game has to be shipped out of state to them and then back to Illinois

I thought my distributor said the same thing. Are they really not drop shipping all of these from Stern? That is insane if they are not.

#418 7 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I thought my distributor said the same thing. Are they really not drop shipping all of these from Stern? That is insane if they are not.

My last NIB back in August 2020 had to go to the dealer first, then to me. I don't know why. I pre-ordered that one as well.

#419 7 months ago
Quoted from mahony:My last NIB back in August 2020 had to go to the dealer first, then to me. I don't know why. I pre-ordered that one as well.

That's the boat I'm in. At least it leads to a NIB GZ!

#420 7 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Maybe an attempt by Stern to keep distributors selling in their territories? More expensive if they have to ship cross country. Whatever it is, it's dumb and not eco-friendly. Think of the excess fuel and CO2 for that nonsense.

#421 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe an attempt by Stern to keep distributors selling in their territories? More expensive if they have to ship cross country. Whatever it is, it's dumb and not eco-friendly. Think of the excess fuel and CO2 for that nonsense.

I think it’s easier on Sterns end… then that way they don’t have to deal with first time buyers accepting messed up games. Shipping companies have changed a lot of rules on liabilities recently.

#422 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree with this. Such a waste. I received an Iron Man and Iron Maiden both direct from Stern recently. Maybe it depends on the distro.

#423 7 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

Pass. I like the current soundtrack just fine. You can change it to 'rock' in the settings and it has the theme with electric guitar

Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest, that sounds like ballroom music..!

Yeah well this explains why we get shitty soundtracks.
949c38558eb7dda57eaa77e6fc61baff (resized).png

#424 7 months ago

nm

#425 7 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Also waiting, but I figure outside chance this coming week, more likely last week Oct./first week Nov.

Yeah, I'm gonna put a Pro translight on my LE just as I did with Star Wars comic art. Need those katakana characters, it just fits the theme.
(speaking of, if anyone local wants to swap pro translight for LE, PM me)

Man I'd pay decent for the LE backglass. I ordered the premium unfortunately. Just sell me the LE one. Backglass are overrated anyway. Just throw on two pairs of sunglasses before you turn on the machine and you'll be fine.

#426 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I see a "Welk" machine in your collection in the future

#427 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - You can play a Premium today if you head to Logan!
[quoted image]

I put 4 or 5 games on this premium at Logan today. Had a blast playing it. It’s hard to imagine going for the Pro on this one. The building, mechagodzilla, etc are so impressive. Also, the light show seems like a step-up for Stern big time.

#428 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I put 4 or 5 games on this premium at Logan today. Had a blast playing it. It’s hard to imagine going for the Pro on this one. The building, mechagodzilla, etc are so impressive. Also, the light show seems like a step-up for Stern big time.

Any magnet issues on the Premium?

#429 7 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Magnet was working perfectly. no issues that I saw while I was there. And there were a lot of us playing it.

#430 7 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Seems that this was the same game that was being played during the first premium stream on Deadflip.

#431 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Seems that this was the same game that was being played during the first premium stream on Deadflip.

I thought that was going in Gary’s apartment.

#432 7 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

I thought that was going in Gary’s apartment.

haha, yeah, not yet apparently.

#433 7 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:Also waiting, but I figure outside chance this coming week, more likely last week Oct./first week Nov.

Yeah, I'm gonna put a Pro translight on my LE just as I did with Star Wars comic art. Need those katakana characters, it just fits the theme.

Dude the LE is a real backglass not translite. You will be able to buy a pro translite on eBay no problem (look how many are available for other games). You would be killing your LE resale value if you got rid of the backglass. Hell you can probably sell your LE backglass for $1000 and then buy a pro translite on eBay for $90

#434 7 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Also waiting, but I figure outside chance this coming week, more likely last week Oct./first week Nov.

The Backglass is gorgeous. The translites are good, but the mirroring on the LE really pops. I think the premium with Ghidorah is the better of the 2 translites.

#435 7 months ago
Quoted from mahony:

Man I'd pay decent for the LE backglass. I ordered the premium unfortunately. Just sell me the LE one. Backglass are overrated anyway. Just throw on two pairs of sunglasses before you turn on the machine and you'll be fine.

I'm actually wondering if anybody's going to come out with alternate translites...

#436 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude the LE is a real backglass not translite. You will be able to buy a pro translite on eBay no problem (look how many are available for other games). You would be killing your LE resale value if you got rid of the backglass. Hell you can probably sell your LE backglass for $1000 and then buy a pro translite on eBay for $90

Yep, that's why I deleted my post (at least it's supposed to be deleted, sometimes the drain doesn't work). About 30 seconds after posting that I was like ah, shit, forgot the LEs come with real backglass and tinted/mirrored. I can buy a pro translite on Marco for $100ish.

#437 7 months ago

There were a very few Black Spider-Man mirrored translites that got out there, and they went for stupid money. And this was back in 07-08.

#438 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Deadflip had a premium behind him at Stern during the JP home pin gameplay just a few hours ago. That was probably the one that the stream was on.

#439 7 months ago

Deadflip had a premium behind him at Stern during the JP home pin gameplay just a few hours ago. That was probably the one that the stream was on.
</

Edit: yeah, might be. Either way, it was pretty cool to play a premium. I bet there are only these two out there so far. The premium/LE is pretty amazing. Seems quite packed

#440 7 months ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I see a "Welk" machine in your collection in the future

I would love that.

#441 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

It’s hard to imagine going for the Pro on this one. The building, mechagodzilla, etc are so impressive.

Not for me. The extra spinner has way more appeal and longevity than toys and a sinking building. That usually gets old real fast, not too mention affecting the flow.

#442 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not for me. The extra spinner has way more appeal and longevity than toys and a sinking building. That usually gets old real fast, not too mention affecting the flow.

What extra spinner

#443 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

That sounds promissing! is the light show better than say AIQ? Looking forward to this

#444 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This guy is doing bits.

#445 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yea once you’ve seen one sinking building, you’ve seen them all right...

#446 7 months ago
Quoted from dutchi:

That sounds promissing! is the light show better than say AIQ? Looking forward to this

to me, the light show seemed better than AIQ.

#447 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

yea, I get that. I may be wrong about this, but it seems like the building is also diverting the ball to ramps in different ways depending on what level the building is at. So, it might be doing more than just a visual building collapse moment. The building had me wondering where the ball would end up. It was a cool feature. Also, the mechagodzilla on the premium does some pretty cool stuff. jump ramp sometimes, target bank other times. It’s fun to hit. But I could see the Pro being a faster pace. But the premium is plenty fast! It’s a fantastic game, pro or premium/LE.

#448 7 months ago

Posted in the mod thread but figured I would post here too.

Completely stumbled upon this. Says he brought it from Japan and his name makes me believe that. I might be able to pick it up and send it to someone if they wanted it. I work in Anchorage so wouldn't be any trouble.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/387684866293673/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_20211016-071648_Chrome (resized).jpg
#449 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Funny you mention flow. The sinking building changes the ball paths, and hence the flow at each "stage". Pretty cool evolution of the Dr. Who Time Expander mech, IMO.

#450 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

there is no extra spinner they both have the same number of spinners.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Plainville, CT
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 10,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 215.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!