PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 548.
#4351 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I kind of noticed my GZ is not dimpling nearly as much as my other stern games, and thought... hmmm..... maybe they stopped putting the clear coat on so thick....
It's been my uneducated thought that it's the thick clear coat that is dimpling and not the actual wood itself. Some games made by other manufacturers(new and old) don't have the same amount of dimpling going on. But the ones where Stern started making their own have a more pronounced problem with it. Maybe stern is figuring out the recipe better.
That was what my tiny little brain was thinking anyway..

I've heard this as well from other posts...that every year the thickness of the coat is changing..like to find that happy balance between wood protection and dimpling reduction. I hope its that and not that the factory making them has random settings and will always be a roll of the dice on what you'll get.

#4352 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

My GZ premium came with some scraping at the bottom of the left side art, so I contacted my distro, who put me with Stern, who shipped a replacement...this arrived today:
[quoted image]

My LE did too. They are sending side art. Let me know how difficult it is to swap

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I kind of noticed my GZ is not dimpling nearly as much as my other stern games, and thought... hmmm..... maybe they stopped putting the clear coat on so thick....
It's been my uneducated thought that it's the thick clear coat that is dimpling and not the actual wood itself. Some games made by other manufacturers(new and old) don't have the same amount of dimpling going on. But the ones where Stern started making their own have a more pronounced problem with it. Maybe stern is figuring out the recipe better.

Even wood dimples just look at all the older Bally Williams games. I believe they went the a thinner clear coat which helped alleviate the pooling issues that were seen early on with some of the older titles like JP for instance as well as removed artwork from under those posts.

#4354 2 years ago

What's up with pricing on these? My last stern preimum I purchased was $1000 or so below MSRP aka stern street price. But I reached out to a distributor to get in on a preimum and they are only selling MSRP + shipping. Did stern get rid of the street price program or is the distributor profiting the discount?

#4355 2 years ago
Quoted from LEDMARTIANEYES:

My LE did too. They are sending side art. Let me know how difficult it is to swap

honestly, since my machine's currently against elvira on that side, and when EHOH sells, will be against the wall, I probably won't swap it until it's a necessity

#4356 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

What's up with pricing on these? My last stern preimum I purchased was $1000 or so below MSRP aka stern street price. But I reached out to a distributor to get in on a preimum and they are only selling MSRP + shipping. Did stern get rid of the street price program or is the distributor profiting the discount?

Godzilla right now is Hot, real Hot!! If you happen to find a distro that has any and you get it for msrp then consider yourself lucky as many are selling it above right now with the shortages due to supply and demand of components from overseas.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

MAP still exists, but demand is way more than supply so no distros are budging and rightfully so.

#4358 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Someone has been living under a rock

#4359 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

looks awesome! I have been toying around with sending mine out but just got the game 1.5 weeks ago and don't want to not be able to play it right now haha

I felt the same way which I why I just paid for the whole shebang up front, will get a refund for the parts I send back in once my order arrives.

The only thing I went without was the lockdown bar as they are backordered everywhere so I had to send mine in and play without it for about 2 weeks.

#4360 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anyone replaced or made a plastic that seems to be breaking on the Prem/Le when the bridge drops. The plastic over the captive ball. Is there a way to do it without taking the bridge apart? Is anyone planning on making a clear protector to put on top of the existing plastic?

Plastic under my bridge broke about a week in. I have the new plastic as well as a protector, but my concern is the protector is just going to make it thicker causing the bridge to hit it even harder? If I put the protector on top is it enough to keep it from cracking or does it make it more likely to crack because it sits higher? I thought about maybe just using the protector showing the captive ball assuming it's stronger then the original plastic obviously, which is kinda cool too.

So I haven't done anything yet ... thoughts?

#4361 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Definitely going to wax the PF. Has anyone replaced or made a plastic that seems to be breaking on the Prem/Le when the bridge drops. The plastic over the captive ball. Is there a way to do it without taking the bridge apart? Is anyone planning on making a clear protector to put on top of the existing plastic?

Playfield-Protectors and a few other European companies have complete sets of plastic protectors, but it was pointed out that placing a plastic protector on top of the existing playfield plastic will just raise the impact zone, thereby making it even TIGHTer... (Update: see preceding post )

A simple solution that... someone (can't recall who) posted was to take a small piece of target foam, use scissors/blade to make it half as thick, and place it on top of the impact spot. I tried that as well, and it seems to work quite well as a practical solution, and since the art on the plastic is of crumbling mortar, it doesn't really clash, either.

#4362 2 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi,
did anyone change the Godzilla 2D Plastic against a 3D Figure in the Pro Version and which one is the best to install?

I posted about mine earlier on the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/78#post-6632072

This is the one I snagged. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VG1FGBX

On the Pro I believe the plastic the flat GZ mounts on sits further back than the Prem, so reusing the screw hole there has him further back into the corner of the playfield, making it necessary to leave the last half of his tail disconnected. I am likely going to try mounting him farther forward once I get TDiddy's bridge added. That may or may not work with his height, though I think most of the Neca figures are all about the same height... If I recall correctly he is about 6.3 inches tall, but don't quote me - the ad is titled 7", but the description just says approx 6"tall, 12" total length with full tail attached (figure comes with last half of tail detached).

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Playfield-Protectors and a few other European companies have complete sets of plastic protectors, but it was pointed out that placing a plastic protector on top of the existing playfield plastic will just raise the impact zone, thereby making it even TIGHTer... (Update: see preceding post )
A simple solution that... someone (can't recall who) posted was to take a small piece of target foam, use scissors/blade to make it half as thick, and place it on top of the impact spot. I tried that as well, and it seems to work quite well as a practical solution, and since the art on the plastic is of crumbling mortar, it doesn't really clash, either.

I think a clear protector on top would work if it is a polycarbonate type plastic. They tend to absorb impact. I wish all plastics were made of this. Pretty sure they wouldn't break in a game.

#4364 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Godzilla right now is Hot, real Hot!! If you happen to find a distro that has any and you get it for msrp then consider yourself lucky as many are selling it above right now with the shortages due to supply and demand of components from overseas.

I was shocked to get a pro as a non-operator in the first run for $6150.

#4365 2 years ago

Just got my godzilla premium during black friday weekend, compliments of @nstone4425. Seriously love this game, and my fav stern so far!

IMG_20211126_180923_687.jpgIMG_20211126_180923_687.jpg
#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I bet if most premium owners look at the area that the ball drops on the mecha godzilla spinner ramp, they will see plenty of dimples.

#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I bet if most premium owners look at the area that the ball drops on the mecha godzilla spinner ramp, they will see plenty of dimples.

I’m seeing plenty of dimples after about 100 games. No biggie, dimples happen.

#4368 2 years ago

78 games here and no dimples
Seems like luck of the draw on the wood. Sometimes hard sometimes soft

#4369 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Plastic under my bridge broke about a week in. I have the new plastic as well as a protector, but my concern is the protector is just going to make it thicker causing the bridge to hit it even harder? If I put the protector on top is it enough to keep it from cracking or does it make it more likely to crack because it sits higher? I thought about maybe just using the protector showing the captive ball assuming it's stronger then the original plastic obviously, which is kinda cool too.
So I haven't done anything yet ... thoughts?

I have used single sided foam tape (black), cut just enough in size to protect bridge impact site and seems to work great and not noticeable while playing. Foam gets dented, but better than plastic getting banged directly. I wish there was a bridge setting to adjust how low it goes to prevent any hitting of plastic.

#4370 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

105 games, I've been beating up Mecha real good as I have plenty of dimples where the ball drops. No biggy as after a while that entire area will be ball peened it will look flat

#4371 2 years ago

“Tanks are set to move in on Godzilla”
So I was toying with the idea of putting tanks in the vicinity of the tank shots. Not sure how I feel about it yet I’m gonna give it a game or two and see, But just doing one tank was a pain in the ass, as we are trying to keep everything to scale.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I asked the seller about these micro-machines die cast tanks and he said they're about 35mm front to back, which should be a great size. All but one would need a few squirts of army green paint to cover the garish colors, but for about $2 each (if there's not a bidding war), hard to beat.

ebay.com link: itm
Micromachines (resized).pngMicromachines (resized).png

#4372 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I asked the seller about these micro-machines die cast tanks and he said they're about 35mm, which should be a great size. All but one would need a few squirts of army green paint to cover the garish colors, but for about $2 each (if there's not a bidding war), hard to beat.
[quoted image]

The one I had 3D printed is 29.5mm as shown in the picture is just about 1 1/8". 35mm will put you at just a fraction below 1 1/2". For a few bucks it's worth the shot, especially that it took almost two hours to print that little SOB

#4373 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey everyone - so I followed the switch test process and no switches are triggered when smacking the playfield firmly while in test mode. Once I press the left or right flipper button, the "Big Loop" switch is triggered from that action. If I lightly press on the flipper button it does not activate but normal press and it does. Then once I press on the actual big loop switch, nothing is showing up in test mode, but when I "finesse" the push, I can finally get it to recognize.
I have a ticket into Stern but know how well you all know your stuff when it comes to this and would appreciate any and all help!!! Also n please note that if someone says that I need to "adjust the switch" I don't know what that exactly means and what that entails and need help there are well.
Thank you!!!
Mike

I had the same problem, and the problem was the opto inside the loop. Smacking the playfield showed nothing, but dropping a ball in the loop just behind the building did. In switch test, look at the name of the switch triggered by flippers. If it is 'loop exit' you have to realign or replace the opto.

#4374 2 years ago

Any comments on LEs selling for crazy high prices? $14-16k asking. Maybe $20k eventually?

#4375 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Any comments on LEs selling for crazy high prices? $14-16k asking. Maybe $20k eventually?

I know someone that just sold their LE unboxed and played for $14K.

IMO they will go up higher later next year.

#4376 2 years ago

The one I had 3D printed is 29.5mm as shown in the picture is just about 1 1/8". 35mm will put you at just a fraction below 1 1/2". For a few bucks it's worth the shot, especially that it took almost two hours to print that little SOB

Plus, those micro-micromachines tanks are metal (I think?), so they should be able to take an airball hit ok.

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I asked the seller about these micro-machines die cast tanks and he said they're about 35mm, which should be a great size. All but one would need a few squirts of army green paint to cover the garish colors, but for about $2 each (if there's not a bidding war), hard to beat.
[quoted image]

These are neat. 35mm wide or length? Was looking for something around the 35-40 wide so might be just what I'm looking for. Got the model for the M24 chaffee but that was going to take a long time to print

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Was looking for something around the 35-40 wide so might be just what I'm looking for

At that width (35-40mm) it would put the length just about 3 1/2 - 4", way too big IMHO. If you want something a little bigger although not Japan but a little paint can fix that, look at these.

#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

These are neat. 35mm wide or length? Was looking for something around the 35-40 wide so might be just what I'm looking for. Got the model for the M24 chaffee but that was going to take a long time to print

The seller said it was 35mm front to back.

#4380 2 years ago

At that width (35-40mm) it would put the length just about 3 1/2 - 4", way too big IMHO. If you want something a little bigger although not Japan but a little paint can fix that, look at these.

40mm is 1.57”

#4381 2 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

The seller said it was 35mm front to back.

Gotcha. Yeah a little small i think. Maybe that 1:87 scale. Theres something I was planning on doing with it at that size on the wireform on top of the area of the tank spinner. I'll just print it and mess with it =)

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Gotcha. Yeah a little small i think. Maybe that 1:87 scale. Theres something I was planning on doing with it at that size on the wireform on top of the area of the tank spinner. I'll just print it and mess with it =)

There are existing micromachines that are larger. I was just looking for the smallest ones I could find.

#4383 2 years ago

Uguys are overthinking this tank stuff just toss a squirter in there(;

FCD63A3E-533B-406F-B7AB-5F7FE4726E54 (resized).jpegFCD63A3E-533B-406F-B7AB-5F7FE4726E54 (resized).jpeg
#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

40mm is 1.57”

Correct but notice he was talking about width in the 35-40mm range where I quoted him, so the scaled length would be between 3.5 - 4 inches.

#4385 2 years ago

Correct but notice he was talking about width in the 35-40mm range where I quoted him, so the scaled length would be between 3.5 - 4 inches.

My fault. When I reread his post I saw my error and deleted my reply. Sorry for the confusion.

#4386 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea if it's intended that earning two allies without collecting the first results in losing the second? I know you can lock in 2 or even all 3 at once, but it seems you need to have earned one and collected it before you can earn another.

I find myself earning two allies pretty frequently when playing Gigan as my first mode - jet attack usually starts pretty quickly after starting Gigan and it's easy to earn an ally for 4 ramps about the time I'm earning another for 5 jets destroyed... Then you end up only being able to collect one of the two... I'm guessing Keith and co. just expect you to prioritize cashing the first one in immediately.

#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Someone has been living under a rock

theres distributers with NIB games on the market right now at inflated rates. Not even LEs, premiums now. EHOH 12,500 and BM66 9,995 from pinballs.com.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

theres distributers with NIB games on the market right now at inflated rates. Not even LEs, premiums now. EHOH 12,500 and BM66 9,995 from pinballs.com.

Which is really strange. You'd think as the largest distributor you'd have people on a waiting list for those games, but they are being sold on market instead

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Which is really strange. You'd think as the largest distributor you'd have people on a waiting list for those games, but they are being sold on market instead

They see the opportunity and are taking it. They are large enough they aren't afraid of floating inventory.

#4390 2 years ago

Is there an adjustment to the magnet Newton ball mech? Mine doesn’t register very often when hit. Seems like it registers when the magnet is hit a glancing blow on the right hand side but rarely ever when struck head on or to the left side. Is there a sensitivity adjustment or other adjustment to make this happen more.

Thanks

#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Is there an adjustment to the magnet Newton ball mech? Mine doesn’t register very often when hit. Seems like it registers when the magnet is hit a glancing blow on the right hand side but rarely ever when struck head on or to the left side. Is there a sensitivity adjustment or other adjustment to make this happen more.
Thanks

It’s a captive ball with a target behind it. Adjust the sensitivity of the spot target behind the captive ball.

#4392 2 years ago

My Mom got her Gozilla Premium a few days ago. She really wanted a Jurassic Park but Stern never shipped it. She loves Godzilla second only to dinosaurs in general so it's a good consolation prize.

Damned if that game isn't fun as hell.

Had been a bit of a pinball hiatus for me, and am largely oblivious to how the hobby / market has been the past few years.

I guess. Well. Welcome back me.

#4393 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

My Mom got her Gozilla Premium a few days ago

Best sentence on here in a long time! Congrats, mom!

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Welcome back me.

Welcome back!

#4395 2 years ago

My mom cant stand the noise and she monkey flips. So hearing about a mom ordering a game is super awesome!

#4396 2 years ago

So what are the must have mods so far? I am going to start collecting them while I wait for my machine. I have seen the UFO pop bumper and some replacement Godzillas.

#4397 2 years ago

I’m in, little sooner than I expected but can’t complain! 12/1/21 build date

BEB307C9-1C53-415E-8AE2-63E134D92E4C (resized).jpegBEB307C9-1C53-415E-8AE2-63E134D92E4C (resized).jpeg
#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Best sentence on here in a long time! Congrats, mom!

Thanks. I'm partial to her. She does her best and tries for shots. She's not a great player, but it keeps it fun for her and pinball events like Godzilla Multiball and the building collapsing feel like a real accomplishment to her and this machine does great handing out really fun rewards.

Have to say it's the most fun I've had on a Stern I think.

Never bought a new in box machine before. What are these little key chain looking widgets in the extra sticker bag?

What's a used Jurassic Park Premium go for?

#4399 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Never bought a new in box machine before. What are these little key chain looking widgets in the extra sticker bag?

Keychain doo-dads to put on a keyring.

Quoted from navajas:

What's a used Jurassic Park Premium go for?

Less than a Godzilla Prem. She picked a winner.

She could probably do a trade plus cash to her and have JP Prem owners lining up to make that deal.

#4400 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So what are the must have mods so far? I am going to start collecting them while I wait for my machine. I have seen the UFO pop bumper and some replacement Godzillas.

Copied someone earlier on this thread with the huge Zilla that was a piggy bank on Amazon. Pleased because the scale compared to Mecha just makes much more sense.

324F5C67-FE72-4433-9FC5-008574CB13E7 (resized).jpeg324F5C67-FE72-4433-9FC5-008574CB13E7 (resized).jpeg928DE703-1277-4E5F-B4AD-DFDEA981F34D (resized).jpeg928DE703-1277-4E5F-B4AD-DFDEA981F34D (resized).jpegE4CEAA86-0415-4EB7-A9FD-7A07A8D6861B (resized).jpegE4CEAA86-0415-4EB7-A9FD-7A07A8D6861B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/88?hl=shaffetrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.