76436466-2F05-4733-873D-BDD0721F27CD (resized).jpeg
930637FA-15B0-4994-8835-89133891C146 (resized).jpeg
27ACE245-1356-4B1E-A2E7-980E8E717883 (resized).jpeg
68771672-4DC9-4051-99CD-FF9A9071E96E (resized).jpeg
C38BB7C2-3DE7-4CEE-8313-D5D462A03992 (resized).jpeg
89FBB9BA-BB6E-4C0F-BF61-1C48CE365562 (resized).jpeg
12D0AF0A-F4D5-48D6-81D5-4DFB21EED993 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,652 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 214.
#4301 5 months ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

A ball got stuck in the building and it started looking for the ball,

Top to he building where the multi ball locks or inside of the building? Definitely make sure the main cable run is not getting caught up in the building mech. Mine was out of the box. I had to grab a spare wire clip and get the wire run our of the way.

#4302 5 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If one of the screws that holds the facing of the building backs out, it can catch as the building attempts to go up and cause the motor to bind. I had that happen once. Tighten up all the little screws holding the building plastics in place, and see if that does anything.

Quoted from docquest:

Make sure there isn't any wiring getting caught on the building as it's trying to move down. If its making that grinding noise you should stop it ASAP to avoid permanent damage.
The motor stops when you open the coin door because it opens up a safety interlock switch that disconnects the 48v power.
If you look to the lower left just inside the coin door you will see a white plunger switch. Pull it out and power will be restored with the door still open. [quoted image]

I just unplugged everything and plugged it back in and it worked. Thank you. I had left a camera in there when I turned the machine on, and I saw sparking on the board before doing that. I never left it on for more than 2/3 seconds, I was super quick about getting it off.

Any cause of concern for long term damage?

#4303 5 months ago

I just unplugged everything and plugged it back in and it worked. Thank you. I had left a camera in there when I turned the machine on, and I saw sparking on the board before doing that. Any cause of concern for long term damage?

WTF sparking is never good.

#4304 5 months ago

I remember reading a comment in this thread earlier about how sharp the glass was. I thought it was kind of nitpicking. Well I took my glass off the other day to install a new Godzilla and then played a few games and noticed my flipper button looked like this!

So yeah... The glass IS a teeny bit sharper than regular glass

#4305 5 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:I think the heat ray is the most fun implementation of an action button in a game, ever. It baffles me how other's don't find it exhilarating in the moment to have to remove a hand to use it. I've had about 5 friends over so far and they all think the same. To each their own I suppose!

Totally agree. Except it kinda just became easy points once I realized I could use my belly to smush down on it. I think it might intimidate other players in a tournament too

#4306 5 months ago

My GZ premium came with some scraping at the bottom of the left side art, so I contacted my distro, who put me with Stern, who shipped a replacement...this arrived today:

20211208_101255 (resized).jpg
#4307 5 months ago

Well I'm late to the party but at least I arrived... Sort of, I'm standing in line outside the club. Just put my deposit down on a premium it's going to be a long wait but one that I hope is definitely worth it.Feels good.

#4308 5 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

My GZ premium came with some scraping at the bottom of the left side art, so I contacted my distro, who put me with Stern, who shipped a replacement...this arrived today:
[quoted image]

Well at least they got the premium part right.

#4309 5 months ago

Anyone in this thread buy from Great American Pinball? I've been trying to contact Mike about a problem for weeks and my phone calls and e-mails are not being returned. I thought they were good service?

#4310 5 months ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone in this thread buy from Great American Pinball? I've been trying to contact Mike about a problem for weeks and my phone calls and e-mails are not being returned. I thought they were good service?

We finally connected and sounds like problem will be solved.

#4311 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its either a batch of defective guides or assembly errors at the factory. Either way, it seems be a batch of games at this point… not all.

Is this an LE batch or Premium?? Just curious.

#4312 5 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

Pretty sure that’s the right side not left? Lol

#4313 5 months ago

First day home, and it's broke after 3 games.
It's making a very loud "grinding" sound in the back, possibly the building. A ball got stuck in the building and it started looking for the ball, and the building went down into the Playfield and then back up. It was obvious the ball wouldn't come out on it's own, so I turned off the machine, reached up into the building to free it.

I had this happen last night... How I handled was to left flipper + start button to abort the game, and when I tried to start a new one, it did a ball search. The building raised up to free the trapped ball and then all the way down to release the locked balls on the roof... This might be helpful for if/when it happens again...

#4314 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey I got mine from mercari. You can get it anywhere…eBay, Amazon. It’s normally around 40.00 and up…so if you find it cheaper it’s a good deal. I only paid 30.00 plus shipping.
It’s a NECA Godzilla 1956 poster version
There are other versions but I liked the way this one sorta kept it old school and yet looked more similar to Zombie Yeti’s art package, than other versions.
[quoted image]

Perfect.
thx

#4315 5 months ago

I just unplugged everything and plugged it back in and it worked. Thank you. I had left a camera in there when I turned the machine on, and I saw sparking on the board before doing that. I never left it on for more than 2/3 seconds, I was super quick about getting it off.
Any cause of concern for long term damage?

Sparking is very bad. Are you sure it was sparking and not just an LED turning on in the dark that your camera saw?

If any wiring was getting caught in the moving mechaniam it might have damaged the insulation on the wires to.exposre bare wire.

Just to be safe, I'd suggest looking at the wiring harnesses in that area to make sure there isn't any exposed bare wire sections in it that could touch other metal surfaces.

#4316 5 months ago

Has anyone else noticed the ball hopping slightly off of the ball guide when the flipper energizes? I will have a ball coming down the inlane and if I go to hold the flipper up, the ball will sometimes hop and cause me to lose control of it. It's happening on both sides, but more a problem on the right. I would think the flippers are hitting the ball guides, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The guides are secured tight to the playfield. Anyone else or is my machine just cursed?

#4317 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like your Big Loop switch is constantly pressed and vibration is "unpressing" it intermittently. In the switch test mode when you "finesse" it to get it to register, does that make a square appear or disappear on the switch test screen?
IF the actuator arm (wire) is constantly making the switch be on, you just need to bend the wire a little to release pressure on the switch button the arm activates, so it only registers when pressed.

Hey Pinkmonk. So I just did the test again and this is what I see when I do the switch test for the big loop. After playing around with it I can get it to activate and that first square will basically flash or go completely off. So it sounds like it may be making constant intact?

6690E787-CA79-4CD1-A09F-CC6BFB9D9DB1 (resized).jpeg
#4318 5 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey Pinkmonk. So I just did the test again and this is what I see when I do the switch test for the big loop. After playing around with it I can get it to activate and that first square will basically flash or go completely off. So it sounds like it may be making constant intact?
[quoted image]

That was it. Switch was touching and making constant contact. Thanks so much for the help!

#4319 5 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like the flashing on his atomic breath. I.have that figure with the yellow plastic breath as well. Can you elaborate more on how you wired it in with the shaker?

Heat ray lighting. I would like to say that the easiest way to do this is just hot glue some LED strip to the back of the plastic flame and just tap into a flasher.

The way I did it was to use this optocoupler so the shaker motor could be used as a trigger. That requires a separate power supply for the LEDS. The optocoupler is labeled so you have voltage input output to the LEDS and the trigger.

I should have taken some pictures as l was doing this but I didn't.

The LED strip that I used you can cut to size and I also cut some of the sides off so it would stay hidden. Be careful if you do this don't get to close to the LED as it will stop working. There is plenty of strip to play with. There is a switch right by the back of the bridge to bring the wire down to the bottom of the playfield. The wire is at the bottom of the flame.

Ocona COB LED Light Strips ,... amazon.com link »

NOYITO Optocoupler isolation MOS... amazon.com link »

#4320 5 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

[quoted image]

Yeah, it's making constant contact (always "on"), so adjusting the switch (bending the arm a little) to remove some of the tension from the switch arm will make it so it only makes contact when pressed.

#4321 5 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

Heat ray lighting. I would like to say that the easiest way to do this is just hot glue some LED strip to the back of the plastic flame and just tap into a flasher.
The way I did it was to use this optocoupler so the shaker motor could be used as a trigger. That requires a separate power supply for the LEDS. The optocoupler is labeled so you have voltage input output to the LEDS and the trigger.
I should have taken some pictures as l was doing this but I didn't.
The LED strip that I used you can cut to size and I also cut some of the sides off so it would stay hidden. Be careful if you do this don't get to close to the LED as it will stop working. There is plenty of strip to play with. There is a switch right by the back of the bridge to bring the wire down to the bottom of the playfield. The wire is at the bottom of the flame.
Ocona COB LED Light Strips ,... amazon.com link »
NOYITO Optocoupler isolation MOS... amazon.com link »

Hi sushko,
how did you screw down the figure? I'm about to purchase the same figure.
Thanks

#4322 5 months ago

Ok so I bought two sets of wiz blades and wiz bats for my premium Godzilla. Anyone looking to buy these? I can get you a set quick. 100$ plus shipping.

20211208_161144 (resized).jpg20211208_161219 (resized).jpg20211208_161227 (resized).jpg20211208_161236 (resized).jpg20211208_161241 (resized).jpg
#4323 5 months ago

“Tanks are set to move in on Godzilla”

So I was toying with the idea of putting tanks in the vicinity of the tank shots. Not sure how I feel about it yet I’m gonna give it a game or two and see, But just doing one tank was a pain in the ass, as we are trying to keep everything to scale.

3498B92A-58D2-4021-B1FB-D3D20F5FA75C (resized).jpeg6C67479B-553F-48B4-AFE2-4A7A86A01896 (resized).jpeg20CD04E4-85A3-4079-9260-E1AE1CE034A6 (resized).jpeg877C9C9C-E303-4F28-B677-1C1F4BC838DC (resized).jpeg8A76879E-05E1-40D9-8578-786685BA6A59 (resized).jpeg
#4324 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Ok so I bought two sets of wiz blades and wiz bats for my premium Godzilla. Anyone looking to buy these? I can get you a set quick. 100$ plus shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine are already enroute or I would take you up on it.

#4325 5 months ago

Man if I didn’t just order a set I would be in for those.

#4326 5 months ago

Anyone else here pre order a premium from Cointaker ? I’ve bought 3-4 games from them in the past , pre ordered a GZ premium and they only asked for $1.00?? Versus the $1000 for all the other games on their website. I’m guessing because there’s no real timeline for receiving it??
Melissa told be September of 2022

#4327 5 months ago

I must say, if you haven't added a shaker yet, I highly recommend it. If there was ever a game it was made for, it's one involving an giant monster!

#4328 5 months ago

Has anyone else have pinwoofers installed and noticed it makes the static on the announcers call outs more noticeable? I believe this was meant to be intentional on the audio sample in the stern code. I just wanted to make sure it’s from the audio sample because everything else sounds fantastic.

#4329 5 months ago

Before-Godzilla looks like a creepy guy standing in the back corner.
After-Godzilla is ready to tear some s*** up!
Haha! I think I like it. May go without the flame. May change my mind altogether. Planned on using this exact figure for about a month now. Just got my pin Sunday though. I was happy to see sushko is already using this figure too, and it looked great, so I threw mine in tonight!
This figure was a direct replacement so far. Removed old figure off plastic via screws under his feet that Stern screwed into his foot peg holes, slipped his tail out of zip tie, and slipped new figures tail back in existing zip tie, and secured it’s feet back on same plastic with same screws into new figures existing foot peg holes. Haven’t test played at all yet to see if it will hold up with all his joints. I did stick some rubber bumper thingys inside his neck and ab joints to make sure he doesn’t slouch. I showed a pic of the neck one. I can probably push that on in, but it’s not noticeable at all from players view. Hard part (but not too bad) is getting the plastic off top the one you need to get too. Careful you don’t scratch the one he’s standing on by rubbing it across the screws that you lift it from.

A1435163-C129-48B7-82E1-DFBA69E0751F (resized).jpegE84214C0-1B30-4688-B984-71049D042D37 (resized).jpegED840E52-12D2-4FAF-ADDB-CA5497E9A672 (resized).jpeg

#4330 5 months ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Anyone else here pre order a premium from Cointaker ? I’ve bought 3-4 games from them in the past , pre ordered a GZ premium and they only asked for $1.00?? Versus the $1000 for all the other games on their website. I’m guessing because there’s no real timeline for receiving it??

She told me it was because they have a lot of orders and don’t know how long it will be.

#4331 5 months ago

Was I reading somewhere in the threads that if you enter certain initials if you get high score you trigger some Easter Eggs? If anyone knows, can you post them here? Thanks in advance .

#4332 5 months ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Has anyone else have pinwoofers installed and noticed it makes the static on the announcers call outs more noticeable? I believe this was meant to be intentional on the audio sample in the stern code. I just wanted to make sure it’s from the audio sample because everything else sounds fantastic.

Nothing on my end.. but if you have the volume up at all, I would say make sure your speakers are set to 4omz not 8 (default) unless you have LE speakers. I've had a bunch of distortion on Sterns at 8... I don't think the standard speakers can handle it.

#4333 5 months ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Quoted from Drain-O:

Nothing on my end.. but if you have the volume up at all, I would say make sure your speakers are set to 4omz not 8 (default) unless you have LE speakers. I've had a bunch of distortion on Sterns at 8... I don't think the standard speakers can handle it.

So is it static or sounds like a speaker crackle? I've experienced this is other games with adjusted settings and with headphones. People have mentioned it and it seems to be the case that the audio processing on the software is not that great. I added an amp to the direct output of my AIQ and it made the random crackles stand out more. Rest of the audio sounded phenomenally better, but it made those distortions considerably more noticeable. Up until getting GZ, I thought i was jus twith AIQ but from day one on this one I'm having identical experiences.

#4334 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Hi sushko,
how did you screw down the figure? I'm about to purchase the same figure.
Thanks

When you remove the original Godzilla use the same screws. I fit the new Godzilla in the same spot. The screws go right into his feet. It's easy.

#4335 5 months ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I will try the 4ohm and see if it makes a difference

#4336 5 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

So is it static or sounds like a speaker crackle? I've experienced this is other games with adjusted settings and with headphones. People have mentioned it and it seems to be the case that the audio processing on the software is not that great. I added an amp to the direct output of my AIQ and it made the random crackles stand out more. Rest of the audio sounded phenomenally better, but it made those distortions considerably more noticeable. Up until getting GZ, I thought i was jus twith AIQ but from day one on this one I'm having identical experiences.

I dialed down the backbox speaker volume on the amp and it helped a TON, still not absent though!

#4337 5 months ago

Hi,

did anyone change the Godzilla 2D Plastic against a 3D Figure in the Pro Version and which one is the best to install?

#4338 5 months ago

PM sent

#4339 5 months ago

Just got these shots in from Pinball Refinery last night.

Looks like my LE lookin powder coating will be here soon for my premium

Screenshot_20211208-181848_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211208-181856_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
#4340 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

YES! Awesome! I bought this figure because I thought it looked best with Zombie Yeti’s artwork! Wasn’t sure if it’d fit as far as size, but I loved the old school look of it, and the mix of Green colors used. Almost bought a different one but once I saw this one, I just knew it’d be perfect! Now I know I made the right choice!!! Will be putting it in this week! A couple questions. Is the heat ray effect just lights reflecting or you got a light under it somehow? Love the look! Also, How’d ya secure yours? Last question…do you just take the old one out still attached to the plastic? Thanks for posting!
Here’s a few pics I took of him messing around when I got it last weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi,
which Figure is it? Did you have a link to it?
Thanx

#4341 5 months ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Just got these shots in from Pinball Refinery last night.
Looks like my LE lookin powder coating will be here soon for my premium
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks awesome! I have been toying around with sending mine out but just got the game 1.5 weeks ago and don't want to not be able to play it right now haha

#4342 5 months ago

My Premium arrived late yesterday. Did a quick setup, including inspecting the underside for problems. Plays great right out of the box. Need to clean the playfield, very dusty, and ad some mods.
Has anyone else noticed that the clearcoat appears to be very thin? My Guardians seems thicker.
Grt game, looking forward to putting it into the line up.

#4343 5 months ago
Quoted from izzy:

My Premium arrived late yesterday. Did a quick setup, including inspecting the underside for problems. Plays great right out of the box. Need to clean the playfield, very dusty, and ad some mods.
Has anyone else noticed that the clearcoat appears to be very thin? My Guardians seems thicker.
Grt game, looking forward to putting it into the line up.

Wax it for sure

#4344 5 months ago

May I ask when did you put in your order? Im curious with this if the advertised price is guaranteed or not?

Quoted from hanzie:

Are there any distros out there that expect to have premiums prior to Sept of next year that anyone knows about?

#4345 5 months ago
Quoted from izzy:

Stern quality control is like a lottery, some games have good clear, some don't. I have 2 games made in 2017 that both have thicker clear than games made in 2018 and 2020. In home use, though, it likely isn't going to matter or wear down. My IMDN was routed, has 8000 plays and doesn't have the best clear on it but still looks and shoots fine.

Don't overthink it and enjoy your game!

#4346 5 months ago

Definitely going to wax the PF. Has anyone replaced or made a plastic that seems to be breaking on the Prem/Le when the bridge drops. The plastic over the captive ball. Is there a way to do it without taking the bridge apart? Is anyone planning on making a clear protector to put on top of the existing plastic?

#4347 5 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Stern quality control is like a lottery, some games have good clear, some don't. I have 2 games made in 2017 that both have thicker clear than games made in 2018 and 2020. In home use, though, it likely isn't going to matter or wear down. My IMDN was routed, has 8000 plays and doesn't have the best clear on it but still looks and shoots fine.
Don't overthink it and enjoy your game!

Thx, waxing, keeping the PF and balls clean should do the job. Thx for the input.

#4348 5 months ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi,
which Figure is it? Did you have a link to it?
Thanx

This is the most popular one. I think it's perfect for the game. You can find it on eBay for a better price.

NECA - Figurine Godzilla - Godzilla New Movie 30cm Sonore - 0634482428863 amazon.com link »

#4349 5 months ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Totally agree. Except it kinda just became easy points once I realized I could use my belly to smush down on it. I think it might intimidate other players in a tournament too

Hmmm... now when I put some weight back on I can tell my wife it's to give me a tactical advantage in pinball!

#4350 5 months ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anyone else noticed that the clearcoat appears to be very thin?

I kind of noticed my GZ is not dimpling nearly as much as my other stern games, and thought... hmmm..... maybe they stopped putting the clear coat on so thick....

It's been my uneducated thought that it's the thick clear coat that is dimpling and not the actual wood itself. Some games made by other manufacturers(new and old) don't have the same amount of dimpling going on. But the ones where Stern started making their own have a more pronounced problem with it. Maybe stern is figuring out the recipe better.

That was what my tiny little brain was thinking anyway..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 80.00
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, IL
$ 6,699.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
There are 10,652 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 214.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!