gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 547.
#4251 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I think the heat ray is the most fun implementation of an action button in a game, ever. It baffles me how other's don't find it exhilarating in the moment to have to remove a hand to use it. I've had about 5 friends over so far and they all think the same. To each their own I suppose!

There should be a heat ray high score as well!

#4252 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I think the heat ray is the most fun implementation of an action button in a game, ever. It baffles me how other's don't find it exhilarating in the moment to have to remove a hand to use it. I've had about 5 friends over so far and they all think the same. To each their own I suppose!

Yep, I love it too. And wife loves laughing at me when I trap up and use my chin to activate it!

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yep, I love it too. And wife loves laughing at me when I trap up and use my chin to activate it!

Lol, Chin cheater!

#4254 2 years ago

When is it best to use the heat ray?

#4255 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

When is it best to use the heat ray?

it scores all lit shots when used, so when you have a few modes active like tesla, jets, etc at once is solid

#4256 2 years ago

How is everyone going after lighting saucers? As far as I can tell, this switch is the only thing that lights them at the pop bumper. If you hit mecha or tail whip, it doesn’t count it.

EB1E0409-3E80-4341-9BE0-EE69ACEA5011 (resized).jpegEB1E0409-3E80-4341-9BE0-EE69ACEA5011 (resized).jpeg
#4257 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I'm with you, there no reason they can't code all of the RGB lights in the game to start flashing blue on the way up the playfield like it's charging up or something,

Many lighting effects were added to AIQ after a handful of code updates (one I remember in particular was the inclusion of a majority of playfield lights strobing yellow/red during a Iron Man ball lock), I'm hoping GZ follows suit.

Has a great light show as it is, but a few features (Heat Ray, Train, Telsa Strike, Tank multiball) could use some fancier light shows to differentiate each mode from one another to the player as to whats going on. Really important for the pro, since everything is abstract (ie no Bridge mech to signify when Bridge attack is running).

#4258 2 years ago

Speaking the ufo bumper I have not seen anything about the new one from the art of pinball,sold through the little shop of games,
Pricey buy it is just want a lot of owners wanted.low profile

#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Cliffy has a set for Godzilla that I have on mine. Works great.
https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Awesome! Thank you! Appreciate the link.

#4260 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Speaking the ufo bumper I have not seen anything about the new one from the art of pinball,sold through the little shop of games,
Pricey buy it is just want a lot of owners wanted.low profile

I got a special email about it this week available for purchase. only 500 made

#4261 2 years ago
Quoted from LEDMARTIANEYES:

A temporary fix may larger diameter screws and re tapping the posts. A more permanent fix would be to grind the head of a longer screw down near flat with a slight Arc ... Insert thru the center and use a lock nut in the outside. You would need to hold the shaft of the screw to tighten the nut. Then you can cut the screw after the nut if necessary for clearance. It looks like they may have to rethink the way the bumpers attach if there continue to be problems.

When I tried to insert a different screw the posts just broke off like they were barely attached. So with sterns delays, I asked my distributor if I bush fix this will there be a problem. He said he would take care of me. So my quick fix was to take small t-nuts and enlarge the holes to fit them. Of course cutting off the spikes and getting them as flat as possible. It’s working for now because the blue pads keep the ball fairly close for the center of the passageway. So my game is playable for now and hoping stern can come thru with parts to fix correctly soon.
Magicchiz

12EBAC94-D267-4375-B3E0-48D6A8FFB26B (resized).jpeg12EBAC94-D267-4375-B3E0-48D6A8FFB26B (resized).jpegE262B008-1176-4134-ADFC-708FA6FE0C50 (resized).jpegE262B008-1176-4134-ADFC-708FA6FE0C50 (resized).jpegF1E22A3E-07FE-46FF-B65E-65B175E2BE64 (resized).jpegF1E22A3E-07FE-46FF-B65E-65B175E2BE64 (resized).jpegFB1DF71E-5533-4860-B70A-F6B4B881349C (resized).jpegFB1DF71E-5533-4860-B70A-F6B4B881349C (resized).jpeg
#4262 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

When I tried to insert a different screw the posts just broke off like they were barely attached. So with sterns delays, I asked my distributor if I bush fix this will there be a problem. He said he would take care of me. So my quick fix was to take small t-nuts and enlarge the holes to fit them. Of course cutting off the spikes and getting them as flat as possible. It’s working for now because the blue pads keep the ball fairly close for the center of the passageway. So my game is playable for now and hoping stern can come thru with parts to fix correctly soon.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice temporary fix. I'm going to see if mine are loose at this point. Maybe I will get some lock tight on them before it becomes a problem.

#4263 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Seems like a fine field fix, but I'm still confused on this; do you think that the steel captured nuts where never installed on the left side? It looks like the right side is the way both sides are intended, are you positive that there aren't two small nuts rattling around in the bottom of the cabinet?

#4264 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I use my belly.

#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:Seems like a fine field fix, but I'm still confused on this; do you think that the steel captured nuts where never installed on the left side? It looks like the right side is the way both sides are intended, are you positive that there aren't two small nuts rattling around in the bottom of the cabinet?

Its either a batch of defective guides or assembly errors at the factory. Either way, it seems be a batch of games at this point… not all.

#4266 2 years ago

Joining club this weekend. Very excited to get my LE. Have only played the pro a few times at local place. Getting a AIQ LE also, so very, very stoked.

#4267 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is everyone going after lighting saucers? As far as I can tell, this switch is the only thing that lights them at the pop bumper. If you hit mecha or tail whip, it doesn’t count it. [quoted image]

Correct. This is the current implementation. My favorite thing is the time pressure of trying to get set up to shatz it for the 2x reward (which is very valuable given the extra ball at 3 saucer hits award)

#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Correct. This is the current implementation. My favorite thing is the time pressure of trying to get set up to shatz it for the 2x reward (which is very valuable given the extra ball at 3 saucer hits award)

Is saucer attack MB worth more if I shatz to start it?

#4269 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is saucer attack MB worth more if I shatz to start it?

I had the same question but haven't had the chance yet to test it. Wouldn't have the same time sensitivity so expect it wouldn't be double. But would be cool if gave some sort of boost.

#4270 2 years ago

That is awesome. I was wondering if there would be an extra benefit to shatzing the saucer.

#4271 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I had the same question but haven't had the chance yet to test it. Wouldn't have the same time sensitivity so expect it wouldn't be double. But would be cool if gave some sort of boost.

I’ll just default to shatzing it every time it’s lit to be safe.

#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Take the glass off.
Put the game in switch test mode (under DIAG on the system menu)
Smack the playfield firmly with the palm of your hand at various places around the playfield and note which switch(es) are triggered from vibration
Adjust those switches to be less sensitive
Once vibration doesn't trigger them anymore, return the glass, close up the machine and enjoy!

Hey everyone - so I followed the switch test process and no switches are triggered when smacking the playfield firmly while in test mode. Once I press the left or right flipper button, the "Big Loop" switch is triggered from that action. If I lightly press on the flipper button it does not activate but normal press and it does. Then once I press on the actual big loop switch, nothing is showing up in test mode, but when I "finesse" the push, I can finally get it to recognize.

I have a ticket into Stern but know how well you all know your stuff when it comes to this and would appreciate any and all help!!! Also n please note that if someone says that I need to "adjust the switch" I don't know what that exactly means and what that entails and need help there are well.

Thank you!!!
Mike

#4273 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey everyone - so I followed the switch test process and no switches are triggered when smacking the playfield firmly while in test mode. Once I press the left or right flipper button, the "Big Loop" switch is triggered from that action. If I lightly press on the flipper button it does not activate but normal press and it does. Then once I press on the actual big loop switch, nothing is showing up in test mode, but when I "finesse" the push, I can finally get it to recognize.
I have a ticket into Stern but know how well you all know your stuff when it comes to this and would appreciate any and all help!!! Also n please note that if someone says that I need to "adjust the switch" I don't know what that exactly means and what that entails and need help there are well.
Thank you!!!
Mike

Adjust the switch means to adjust the actuator of the switch (bend it), so that the ball cause the switch to register when rolling over it.

#4274 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Thank you!!!
Mike

It sounds like your Big Loop switch is constantly pressed and vibration is "unpressing" it intermittently. In the switch test mode when you "finesse" it to get it to register, does that make a square appear or disappear on the switch test screen?

IF the actuator arm (wire) is constantly making the switch be on, you just need to bend the wire a little to release pressure on the switch button the arm activates, so it only registers when pressed.

#4275 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I'm with you, there no reason they can't code all of the RGB lights in the game to start flashing blue on the way up the playfield like it's charging up or something,

Exactly. Hopefully something like that or better with some code updates or cool mod would make the charge up and blast so much fun.

By the way I don't need a foot pedal to activate the button when my beer belly works so well.

#4276 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Exactly. Hopefully something like that or better with some code updates or cool mod would make the charge up and blast so much fun.
By the way I don't need a foot pedal to activate the button when my beer belly works so well.

I like when the game goes dark and then all red, but it definitely needs some added light effects as mentioned.
Oh no, beer belly Heat Ray! There goes Tokyo! Lol

#4277 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like your Big Loop switch is constantly pressed and vibration is "unpressing" it intermittently. In the switch test mode when you "finesse" it to get it to register, does that make a square appear or disappear on the switch test screen?
IF the actuator arm (wire) is constantly making the switch be on, you just need to bend the wire a little to release pressure on the switch button the arm activates, so it only registers when pressed.

Thank you very much Pinmonk - I will look at tonight on question regarding the square and respond back.

Thanks again! Mike

#4278 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

It's just the Flamethrower from Mandalorian pin.

#4279 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yes, but Mando has the cool lighting effects on the playfield.

#4280 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

It’s not like that. Yes you press and hold it, but it’s like whistling birds in function.

#4281 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not like that. Yes you press and hold it, but it’s like whistling birds in function.

I don't think he meant in effect but in implementation. It's a weapon you have to hold the button to use but on Mando it is even a little cooler.

#4282 2 years ago

S.S. Elwin

0972EA67-5CFC-4C9E-977D-8A2E632E9B26 (resized).jpeg0972EA67-5CFC-4C9E-977D-8A2E632E9B26 (resized).jpeg
#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

!... I don't think I'm familiar with that expression... Whistling birds? Does that mean it's... ineffective?

#4284 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Seems like a fine field fix, but I'm still confused on this; do you think that the steel captured nuts where never installed on the left side? It looks like the right side is the way both sides are intended, are you positive that there aren't two small nuts rattling around in the bottom of the cabinet?

I’m seeing no nuts in the bottom of my cab. I don’t think they are there like the other side and it was just held in by the posts. Then ball hits to the rubber just yanked them out.
Magicchiz

#4285 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

!... I don't think I'm familiar with that expression... Whistling birds? Does that mean it's... ineffective?

Nope. It’s mandos weapon. Collects all the lit shots.

899F6E03-C3B6-4D25-96D7-C35BB37EFFFF.gif899F6E03-C3B6-4D25-96D7-C35BB37EFFFF.gif
#4286 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

S.S. Elwin
[quoted image]

Naegele Oil

F09AEF3A-51AA-4AF5-92B7-268F6E8C2AAE (resized).jpegF09AEF3A-51AA-4AF5-92B7-268F6E8C2AAE (resized).jpeg
#4287 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. It’s mandos weapon. Collects all the lit shots. [quoted image]

Ahhhhhh... Thanks for that. (Sorry, I'm primarily Trek; I'm not as well versed in SW... but respect!)

#4288 2 years ago

Godzilla's heat ray is glowing. I have it tide in with the shaker motor. I love this game and it deserves some upgrades.

#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Whistling birds? Does that mean it's... ineffective?

You've just got to figure out when the proper valuable shots are lit. It's tougher than you'd think to take advantage of collecting "all lit shots." Avengers is interesting with that where the Level 1 Mind Gem tends to be far more useful/valuable than the Level 2.

#4290 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Godzilla's heat ray is glowing. I have it tide in with the shaker motor. I love this game and it deserves some upgrades.

I like the flashing on his atomic breath. I.have that figure with the yellow plastic breath as well. Can you elaborate more on how you wired it in with the shaker?

#4291 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

YES! Awesome! I bought this figure because I thought it looked best with Zombie Yeti’s artwork! Wasn’t sure if it’d fit as far as size, but I loved the old school look of it, and the mix of Green colors used. Almost bought a different one but once I saw this one, I just knew it’d be perfect! Now I know I made the right choice!!! Will be putting it in this week! A couple questions. Is the heat ray effect just lights reflecting or you got a light under it somehow? Love the look! Also, How’d ya secure yours? Last question…do you just take the old one out still attached to the plastic? Thanks for posting!
Here’s a few pics I took of him messing around when I got it last weekend.

66813828-B55E-43FD-8C2D-9BFB3EA05C5F (resized).jpeg66813828-B55E-43FD-8C2D-9BFB3EA05C5F (resized).jpeg6D5BF93D-3650-4C62-9725-AD12F7A60443 (resized).jpeg6D5BF93D-3650-4C62-9725-AD12F7A60443 (resized).jpegEECBC5C4-1130-4EDE-975A-40A243847822 (resized).jpegEECBC5C4-1130-4EDE-975A-40A243847822 (resized).jpeg

CF77AB02-CCE2-4A3C-BD94-2E7966A6802C (resized).jpegCF77AB02-CCE2-4A3C-BD94-2E7966A6802C (resized).jpeg
#4292 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

YES! Awesome! I bought this figure because I thought it looked best with Zombie Yeti’s artwork! Wasn’t sure if it’d fit as far as size, but I loved the old school look of it, and the mix of Green colors used. Almost bought a different one but once I saw this one, I just knew it’d be perfect! Now I know I made the right choice!!! Will be putting it in this week! A couple questions. Is the heat ray effect just lights reflecting or you got a light under it somehow? Love the look! Also, How’d ya secure yours? Last question…do you just take the old one out still attached to the plastic? Thanks for posting!

I would have never guessed in a million years that Godzilla was into modeling.

#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Looks good. Which GZ figure is this and where did you get it?
thx

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like the flashing on his atomic breath. I.have that figure with the yellow plastic breath as well. Can you elaborate more on how you wired it in with the shaker?

+1 Please share how you wired up a light to the shaker? I haven't ordered a shaker yet so I was curious if the shaker goes crazy with successful charge up and atomic blast via action button push?

#4296 2 years ago

First day home, and it's broke after 3 games.

It's making a very loud "grinding" sound in the back, possibly the building. A ball got stuck in the building and it started looking for the ball, and the building went down into the Playfield and then back up. It was obvious the ball wouldn't come out on it's own, so I turned off the machine, reached up into the building to free it.

Turned it back on, loud grinding noise. During my 3 games, I had to turn the machine off twice to free stuck balls. My first game though, was awesome. I can see that's its going to be a killer game. Anyone experience a loud constant grinding in the area of the building? It stops when I open the coin door. I appreciate any feedback, thanks!

#4297 2 years ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

It's making a very loud "grinding" sound in the back, possibly the building. A ball got stuck in the building and it started looking for the ball, and the building went down into the Playfield and then back up. It was obvious the ball wouldn't come out on it's own, so I turned off the machine, reached up into the building to free it.
Turned it back on, loud grinding noise. During my 3 games, I had to turn the machine off twice to free stuck balls. My first game though, was awesome. I can see that's its going to be a killer game. Anyone experience a loud constant grinding in the area of the building? It stops when I open the coin door. I appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Contact your distributor to get you in touch with stern support.

#4298 2 years ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Make sure there isn't any wiring getting caught on the building as it's trying to move down. If its making that grinding noise you should stop it ASAP to avoid permanent damage.

The motor stops when you open the coin door because it opens up a safety interlock switch that disconnects the 48v power.

If you look to the lower left just inside the coin door you will see a white plunger switch. Pull it out and power will be restored with the door still open.

20211208_101611 (resized).jpg20211208_101611 (resized).jpg
#4299 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Looks good. Which GZ figure is this and where did you get it?
thx

Hey I got mine from mercari. You can get it anywhere…eBay, Amazon. It’s normally around 40.00 and up…so if you find it cheaper it’s a good deal. I only paid 30.00 plus shipping.

It’s a NECA Godzilla 1956 poster version
There are other versions but I liked the way this one sorta kept it old school and yet looked more similar to Zombie Yeti’s art package, than other versions.

340C8A23-4720-42B5-A842-AA0C68D6A90C (resized).jpeg340C8A23-4720-42B5-A842-AA0C68D6A90C (resized).jpeg

#4300 2 years ago

If one of the screws that holds the facing of the building backs out, it can catch as the building attempts to go up and cause the motor to bind. I had that happen once. Tighten up all the little screws holding the building plastics in place, and see if that does anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/86?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.