PXL_20220520_022357143 (resized).jpg
4548ED1F-588B-4BB8-8FAF-7E93CFA8690E (resized).jpeg
6C2AA77C-5385-4670-9259-CFB79FAAF5D2 (resized).jpeg
D35BF98B-5B95-409E-8FEB-01FFF59D9BD5 (resized).jpeg
GZ Ball Stuck (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220517-142755_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220517-142811_Photos (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 217.
#4201 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.
Magicchiz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The holes on the blue rubber are oval? so looks to me on a hit all the stress transfers immediately to the clip and eventually breaks the insertion feet. Unreal. I turned my flipper power way down as I don't like lightning fast play, maybe that will save mine. But I imagine stern will just give you a new clip and posts, do you think the screws weren't really tight from the get go? Could that have helped?

#4202 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.

This sucks. Please keep us posted.

#4203 5 months ago

Currently running about 2 to 3 weeks out on the Tesla Strike Mod.....please order this week for the possibility of getting it by the first of the year

20211026_103832 (resized).jpg

#4204 5 months ago
Quoted from Kurtpinba11:

Anyone else have the tower entry rubber and clip break yet?
This is a pain in the ass to fix. I’ve had to disassemble the tower. In my opinion, the rubber is too thick or the screws are too short. I cannot get the screws to go all the way through again, and they don’t seem to want to catch the thread. Other side isn’t loose yet, but I’m betting it will be at some point once it takes enough hits.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same issue with mine. There are no threads in the left side That the 4x40 screws are to be tightened into. The screws just push in. It is like they are stripped out, but I looked at it and there wasn’t anything for the screws to tighten to. The right side was fine and I tried a screw from the left side and put it on the right and it works just fine.
I tried to tap it to the next size but now the nut will turn in there, not allowing it to tighten correctly.
Looks like the 1st floor will need to be replaced at least. I asked if they would just replace the building but have not heard back from Stern or my distributor yet.

08079832-C98D-42C3-81A9-4E42A3D26FBB (resized).png98E0302A-C976-451D-925B-34A39E955F27 (resized).jpegB3959122-46E1-4571-A7DE-61ABD38641D3 (resized).jpeg
#4205 5 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

The magna grab footage is also shown in the recap at the beginning of "Terror of Mechagodzilla".

Ah! Haven't gotten to that one yet. Mechagodzilla's spinning head shield sequence is from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, so it's definitely in the game as well.

#4206 5 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Ah! Haven't gotten to that one yet. Mechagodzilla's spinning head shield sequence is from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, so it's definitely in the game as well.

That sequence is also shown at the beginning of "Terror of Mechagodzilla". Pretty much all the actions scenes from "Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla" are show in the recap sequence at the beginning of "Terror of Mechagodzilla".

#4207 5 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Currently running about 2 to 3 weeks out on the Tesla Strike Mod.....please order this week for the possibility of getting it by the first of the year
[quoted image]

Got my order in for the bridge and Tesla mod. Can’t wait to to get them and my pro. Also looking forward to the building mod!! Thank you!!

#4208 5 months ago

Whatever size hex nut it is inlaid into the metal you should be able to get the same size bolt head and run it through the opposite way and put a airplane nut on the outside of the rubber clip, I'm going to look at mine tonight and see if that's possible.

#4209 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got my order in for the bridge and Tesla mod. Can’t wait to to get them and my pro. Also looking forward to the building mod!! Thank you!!

Your stuff is getting boxed up as we speak lol

#4210 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Look at the color difference here between the inbeaded nuts on the right to the ones in the left the other pic another person posted looks the same as yours. It as if the left side never had nuts to begin with in your mech- like that material wasn't stamped out to make room for the nuts.... I just checked mine and can visibly see nuts on the left side and they are shiny not dull looking. Maybe a manufacturer goof? Or lighting? If it had nothing to really thread into it explains why the clip broke

#4211 5 months ago

I just installed tdiddy's tesla towers and mezel's drake building on my Pro. They both look like they should have been there from the factory and really add to the lighting on the upper playfield.

20211206_123147 (resized).jpg
#4212 5 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just installed tdiddy's tesla towers and mezel's drake building on my Pro. They both look like they should have been there from the factory and really add to the lighting on the upper playfield.
[quoted image]

Im definitely hoping us LE/PREM OWNERS CAN OBTAIN A GOOD AFTERMARKET DRAKE INVESTMENTS OR WHATEVER THE *U*K THE creator of the new mod wants to brand it as... Mezel has done a PHENOMENAL JOB WITH THEIR PRO VERSION HOWEVER I JUST WISH THEY'D COME UP WITH An LE version just as fast! ❤ PRAYING SOMEONE HAS ONE FOR US PREM LE GUYS.... SEEMS STERN COULD HAVE OFFERED US SOMETHING COOL ON TOP LIKE BRYAN EDDIE'S STRANGER THINGS UV KIT... I WOULDN'T MIND STERN SURPRISED MODS.

#4213 5 months ago

Anyone have some nice custom instruction cards for their Godzilla or mind scanning in the one that came with their machine. Mine only came with the non English version installed on the apron and in the goodie bag.

#4214 5 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Your stuff is getting boxed up as we speak lol

Awesome!! Thank you!!

#4215 5 months ago

We are having launch party for the Premium on 12/10. In addition to the Stern swag, we are giving away the Show-Era Films Blu-ray set. We are undecided on which achievement one must obtain in order to win that prize. GC gets the plaque, group match play winner gets the translite. Any suggestions for the Blu-ray set?

IMG-4103 (resized).jpg
#4216 5 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Betelgeuse or tdiddy - Are the lights on top of the tesla towers interactive (i.e. sync with the powerline lights on the playfield) or are they static?

Thanks!

#4217 5 months ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Im definitely hoping us LE/PREM OWNERS CAN OBTAIN A GOOD AFTERMARKET DRAKE INVESTMENTS OR WHATEVER THE *U*K THE creator of the new mod wants to brand it as... Mezel has done a PHENOMENAL JOB WITH THEIR PRO VERSION HOWEVER I JUST WISH THEY'D COME UP WITH An LE version just as fast! ❤ PRAYING SOMEONE HAS ONE FOR US PREM LE GUYS.... SEEMS STERN COULD HAVE OFFERED US SOMETHING COOL ON TOP LIKE BRYAN EDDIE'S STRANGER THINGS UV KIT... I WOULDN'T MIND STERN SURPRISED MODS.

It says on mezel's site that a Premium/LE version is in development. I'm sure it's just a lot more complicated with how the building sinks into the playfield.

Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Betelgeuse or tdiddy - Are the lights on top of the tesla towers interactive (i.e. sync with the powerline lights on the playfield) or are they static?

Thanks!

They are interactive (tied into the flasher circuit). As are the lights inside mezel's building.

#4218 5 months ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Thanks!

Their interactive with the spinner

#4219 5 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

I just installed mine over the weekend and love it. Looks great and really finishes the back-right of the playfield. It's even more fun now to rip the center spinner with the added lightshow the mod provides! Great work tdiddy!!

#4220 5 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

We are having launch party for the Premium on 12/10. In addition to the Stern swag, we are giving away the Show-Era Films Blu-ray set. We are undecided on which achievement one must obtain in order to win that prize. GC gets the plaque, group match play winner gets the translite. Any suggestions for the Blu-ray set?
[quoted image]

Was the Swag Bag only with the LE models?

#4221 5 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Their interactive with the spinner

Aweome, thanks for the info!

#4222 5 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Was the Swag Bag only with the LE models?

Stern gave us a launch party kit but it didn't come with the machine.

#4223 5 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Stern gave us a launch party kit but it didn't come with the machine.

Gotcha

#4224 5 months ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Anyone have some nice custom instruction cards for their Godzilla or mind scanning in the one that came with their machine. Mine only came with the non English version installed on the apron and in the goodie bag.

eyeamred2u - I actually had an LE, but no goodie bag...

#4225 5 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

eyeamred2u - I actually had an LE, but no goodie bag...

Oh well, Pay big dollars, but no goodie bags except what is stapled to inside of cabinet.

#4226 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Could you please share a picture of the good side. Just interested in how it mounts. Thanks

#4227 5 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image]

That's a nice Godzilla you have there.

#4228 5 months ago

This little guy followed me home from Pincinnati.y first Elwin. Can’t wait to dive in!!

39D445D7-366E-4EE3-B414-02643C327B50 (resized).jpeg
#4229 5 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This little guy followed me home from Pincinnati.y first Elwin. Can’t wait to dive in!![quoted image]

Oh My!

#4230 5 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This little guy followed me home from Pincinnati.y first Elwin. Can’t wait to dive in!![quoted image]

did jesse leave a gc on it for you?

#4231 5 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Congrats - I am really enjoying my Pro. Great shooter, this game is just fun.

I'm really looking forward to what new code will yield. Can't wait to see what Keith has in store for us.

Oh and I hope you're planning to do a number of streams on it!

#4232 5 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

did jesse leave a gc on it for you?

Nah. But there’s a lot of my friends’ scores on here. Pretty cool.

#4233 5 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Congrats - I am really enjoying my Pro. Great shooter, this game is just fun.
I'm really looking forward to what new code will yield. Can't wait to see what Keith has in store for us.
Oh and I hope you're planning to do a number of streams on it!

Yep! Once I get my basement setup again. I literally take everything (13 games and all my computer/streaming equipment to Pincinnati). Haha

#4234 5 months ago

Just joined the club today.

Sweet mother of all that’s holy is this game fun to shoot!

Huge thanks to Rob aka Mad Pinball for hustling to get me a replacement so quickly after my original one got banged up in transit!

ps: Go Bills!

B2E71485-FFE7-45C3-801F-AE855D2727D0 (resized).jpeg
#4235 5 months ago

Finally received my second jet (1:200 scale) for the game.
It's a M Series Hogan Wings F-86 Blue Sabre and for some reason is significantly more expensive than the larger one (1:44) I installed on the right sling a while ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/67#post-6619602

The 1:200 is MUCH smaller than the 1:44 and is perfect to place in the rear of the playfield
This one is a die cast and like it's larger brother, is very fragile so ... be careful "where" you mount it in the game
I'm sure you've all have seen the air balls you get if you pop the ball on a return from the right ramp (short shot) at the just the right timing

I installed my 1:200 to the right of the right ramp. Gives it a large amount of distance from the front of the playfield
Cut a piece of piano wire, turned a loop in one end, gave it a 30 degree bend in the middle (to angle the jet as if banking)
The bent several right angles into the end that mounts to the jet
One short piece goes between the landing gear covers, then 90 degrees to the fucilage, to give the body of the jet something to lean on when mounted
Once I was satisfied with the wire, I dropped 2-3 drops of E6000 on it and let it sit overnight
The mounting spot next to the ramp already has a screw into a hex post, just remove the screw, add a small washer and replace

The way to the 2 sizes of jets provide perspective is excellent - gives depth the game for sure
IMG_4627 (resized).jpgIMG_4628 (resized).jpgIMG_4610 (resized).jpgIMG_4611 (resized).jpgIMG_4620 (resized).jpgIMG_4621 (resized).jpgIMG_4622 (resized).jpgIMG_4623 (resized).jpg

#4236 5 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Oh well, Pay big dollars, but no goodie bags except what is stapled to inside of cabinet.

HEY NOW!! Thanks eyeamred2u! It was there underneath the manual, thx! I hadn't thought to look under there, I appreciate the heads up!

First NIB... It's odd, I watched an unboxing video on another recent Stern, and I thought they said the goodie bag would be in the coin box, but when I looked there, it was just the tilt bob and keys and the like... I've been using the online manual, it might have been a while before I looked under there...

#4237 5 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I had to edit my post, it’s actually just Skyking. Just wanted to make sure the right Skyking got credit haha. There’s a few.

Yes, you are welcome!! Those are the correct 10 films used, got the gouge from Stern

#4238 5 months ago

Just got mine yesterday, and am an official club member haha. I just it set it up an hour ago! It’s running 0.80 still.
Now to figure out how to update if there’s a new code already!

47193177-720E-4976-85A8-95065ED11C49 (resized).jpegE390E8FB-28EB-4526-9D6A-7B2FEA175CE2 (resized).jpeg
#4239 5 months ago
Quoted from Reul1:

I have the same issue with mine. There are no threads in the left side That the 4x40 screws are to be tightened into. The screws just push in. It is like they are stripped out, but I looked at it and there wasn’t anything for the screws to tighten to. The right side was fine and I tried a screw from the left side and put it on the right and it works just fine.
I tried to tap it to the next size but now the nut will turn in there, not allowing it to tighten correctly.
Looks like the 1st floor will need to be replaced at least. I asked if they would just replace the building but have not heard back from Stern or my distributor yet. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep that is the same as mine!

#4240 5 months ago

Premium arrived today, and my daughter got on the board!

PXL_20211207_011131599.MP (resized).jpg
#4241 5 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

not on your Pinside shop page yet?

#4242 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any updates when the shooter lane protector will be in stock again at Mezel mods and if Cointaker will carry it? Pu-parts has it in stock but they are over seas. Anyone know if another one will fit GZ? I don’t have my pro yet. So can’t pull one from my other pins to check. Like to have it before the pin arrives.

Cliffy has a set for Godzilla that I have on mine. Works great.
https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#4243 5 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

[quoted image]

Godzilla Multiball Champion? Loop Champion?

#4244 5 months ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Godzilla Multiball Champion? Loop Champion?

Godzilla Multiball seems fair.

#4245 5 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The holes on the blue rubber are oval? so looks to me on a hit all the stress transfers immediately to the clip and eventually breaks the insertion feet. Unreal. I turned my flipper power way down as I don't like lightning fast play, maybe that will save mine. But I imagine stern will just give you a new clip and posts, do you think the screws weren't really tight from the get go? Could that have helped?

A temporary fix may larger diameter screws and re tapping the posts. A more permanent fix would be to grind the head of a longer screw down near flat with a slight Arc ... Insert thru the center and use a lock nut in the outside. You would need to hold the shaft of the screw to tighten the nut. Then you can cut the screw after the nut if necessary for clearance. It looks like they may have to rethink the way the bumpers attach if there continue to be problems.

#4246 5 months ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I'm hoping there is something released for the button activated atomic heat breath. So far it's not very fun to use. Maybe some side blades that sequence or flash blue?

Or maybe a modder can release something after a code update?

Just seems lacking compared to how awesome the rest of the game is with the exception of the cheap ufo plastic.

#4247 5 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

not on your Pinside shop page yet?

To backed up ... just pm me

#4248 5 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm hoping there is something released for the button activated atomic heat breath. So far it's not very fun to use. Maybe some side blades that sequence or flash blue?
Just seems lacking compared to how awesome the rest of the game is with the exception of the cheap ufo plastic.

So you don't like having to let go of the flippers to press the button is what you are saying? There is a foot pedal mod already out there if that is what you are asking.

#4249 5 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm with you, there no reason they can't code all of the RGB lights in the game to start flashing blue on the way up the playfield like it's charging up or something,

#4250 5 months ago

I think the heat ray is the most fun implementation of an action button in a game, ever. It baffles me how other's don't find it exhilarating in the moment to have to remove a hand to use it. I've had about 5 friends over so far and they all think the same. To each their own I suppose!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!