PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 548.
#4151 2 years ago

Help me. Godzilla pro vs JDJP.
Would save $2.5k to get the JP pin.
I’ve played the LE Godzilla and really like it, but I really like the mechagodzilla and dropping building which aren’t on the pro.
Worried about the JP being flimsy.

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Updated game via wifi, and it broke connected. Micro SD is there and secure. What's going on?
[quoted image]

Maybe just reimage the sd card and start over. I’ve been still updating from usb because its faster.

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey everyone. I am having the same issue where it is awarding me loop points from
Me hitting left flipper (which is also causing auto launch). Are there any instructions or tips to adjust this switch or issue? Greatly appreciate any and all help as never had to make an adjustment like this before.
Thank you
Mike

Covered here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/72#post-6624847

You can also hit the "TOPIC INDEX" at the top of any page in a thread to find tech or mod posts quickly. Hit "keypost summary" to sort the list by type for long lists.

#4154 2 years ago

Oh man, finally. I finally destroyed a city. Of course I completely botched the ball 3 tank multiball that triggered it, so I didn't really get to savor it.

But still... baby steps. I suck so bad at pinball

#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

Oh man, finally. I finally destroyed a city. Of course I completely botched the ball 3 tank multiball that triggered it, so I didn't really get to savor it.

feel you on that..one step at a time. I've basically been spending consecutive games just learning each monster battle (and usually failing epically to even hit the left ramp with any regularity)

#4156 2 years ago

Armor idea complete! Found a local guy who blew it out the park in 48hrs walked me through the whole process and is teaching me how to powdercoat! This was my idea of color and side rails works amazing!

Screenshot_20211203-215301_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211203-215301_YouTube (resized).jpg
#4157 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Armor idea complete! Found a local guy who blew it out the park in 48hrs walked me through the whole process and is teaching me how to powdercoat! This was my idea of color and side rails works amazing!
[quoted image]

Oooo, is that chameleon type?

#4158 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is there a place to get these in North America?

Mezel mods will have this kit really soon they're a distro for NA of PU parts! Im on a call list they're great plastics but I'm certain someone with the capability can aquire the florescent yellow/green petg and make this kit a reality for a cheaper cost IMO.

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oooo, is that chameleon type?

Yes sir, changes colors and flips with the light! Matches the color scheme with rhis playfields array of colors PERFECTLY! it's the kinda powdercoat you gotta see in person to appreciate honestly.

#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

I’ve played the LE Godzilla and really like it, but I really like the mechagodzilla and dropping building which aren’t on the pro.

I would own a JP home pin but the tiny screen would bug me not the build quality, GZ pro will probably hold it's value better over time if that matters.

#4161 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Yes sir, changes colors and flips with the light! Matches the color scheme with rhis playfields array of colors PERFECTLY! it's the kinda powdercoat you gotta see in person to appreciate honestly.

Yeah, bet its gonna look pretty sweet. Looking forward to photos once installed!

#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

Welcome to the club! We're having jackets made.

#4163 2 years ago

If any of you have trouble with the mechagodzilla spinning mech not moving but the motor to spin it runs DeathHimself had some great advice. For me it was just the shaft binding causing it to not move.

Mech is super easy to remove from the playfield. 5 screws plus 3 plugs underneath and it’s free.

From there remove the E-nut at the bottom of the shaft as well as the E-nut holding the plastic arm on the end opposite the spinner shaft.

The spinner mech shaft is then free and will pull out of the assembly. If it does not freely come out you may need to do as I did and put it back in the playfield then use a hammer and pin to push it up and out.

Once the spinner is out of the base of the mech use something like nevr-dull or similar to polish the shaft. Also, I took a rat tail file to the copper rings the shaft goes into as well to remove burs which are making the shaft bind and seize up.

Put it back together and enjoy.
1032EF68-8BFA-4509-9CF2-26656612C188 (resized).jpeg1032EF68-8BFA-4509-9CF2-26656612C188 (resized).jpeg38F1AC66-698E-4085-A6A6-C6332C07820E (resized).jpeg38F1AC66-698E-4085-A6A6-C6332C07820E (resized).jpeg4E9CD73F-76D5-456C-B6AE-6BF7E693DEE2 (resized).jpeg4E9CD73F-76D5-456C-B6AE-6BF7E693DEE2 (resized).jpeg

69DDDDCA-E9BA-4684-A6DE-77E12DB1390A (resized).jpeg69DDDDCA-E9BA-4684-A6DE-77E12DB1390A (resized).jpeg084B993D-FC1D-443F-8634-F2EDE69217CA (resized).jpeg084B993D-FC1D-443F-8634-F2EDE69217CA (resized).jpeg
#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You can always use if for a budget topper.[quoted image]

That’s a great idea!

#4165 2 years ago

Fired up my machine last night and a few seconds into play it seemed like the lower half of the playfield lost power. Flippers were activating maybe 50% of the time and LEDs were dim or flashing intermittently. I took a look at the diagnostics and it said nodes 1, 8, 9, and 10 were not responding. I saw another thread with the same issue and checked the ethernet cables on the nodes and all were fine. Any idea what could be causing this? Anyone else run into this issue? Every minute I'm not playing is agony!

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandhammer:

Fired up my machine last night and a few seconds into play it seemed like the lower half of the playfield lost power. Flippers were activating maybe 50% of the time and LEDs were dim or flashing intermittently. I took a look at the diagnostics and it said nodes 1, 8, 9, and 10 were not responding. I saw another thread with the same issue and checked the ethernet cables on the nodes and all were fine. Any idea what could be causing this? Anyone else run into this issue? Every minute I'm not playing is agony!

How long has it been working ok before today?

#4167 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How long has it been working ok before today?

Flawlessly and it booted with all the lights seeming to work fine before going kaput, which seemed strange to me. I've got about 50ish games on it and it's the first pin I've ever purchased so I have definitely been babying it.

#4168 2 years ago

Anyone else experiencing insider connected is down at the moment?

#4169 2 years ago

Flawlessly and it booted with all the lights seeming to work fine before going kaput, which seemed strange to me. I've got about 50ish games on it and it's the first pin I've ever purchased so I have definitely been babying it.

I'd try re-imaging the SD card. The images and utility are on Stern's site here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

The cheap SD cards Stern uses can cause all sorts of weird behavior if they partially fail. If you have a DIFFERENT class 10 compatible SD card to image, even better, since the card itself may be flaky.

If that doesn't take care of it, then diagnostic time.

The SD card is in the upper right of the CPU board in the backbox. You press to click-release it. You can see it just sticking out in the picture here...
Avengers Pro CPU Board (resized).JPGAvengers Pro CPU Board (resized).JPG

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

This is the list (courtesy of SkyKing)
Godzilla
Godzilla vs Mothra
Ghidorah, the three headed monster
Invasion of the Astro monster
Ebirah, horror of the deep
son of Godzilla
All monsters attack
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Terror of Mechagodzilla

This list is missing:
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)

This is the one where Godzilla gets the "magna grab" powers.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd try re-imaging the SD card. The images and utility are on Stern's site here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
The cheap SD cards Stern uses can cause all sorts of weird behavior if they partially fail. If you have a DIFFERENT class 10 compatible SD card to image, even better, since the card itself may be flaky.
If that doesn't take care of it, then diagnostic time.
The SD card is in the upper right of the CPU board in the backbox. You press to click-release it. You can see it just sticking out in the picture here...
[quoted image]

What is the micro sd card in the middle below the cpu cooler for?

#4172 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anyone else experiencing insider connected is down at the moment?

I was last night as well. But came back a few minutes later.

#4173 2 years ago
69804971-6674-4DEC-AA40-5EBA9522E26E (resized).jpeg69804971-6674-4DEC-AA40-5EBA9522E26E (resized).jpeg
#4174 2 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

probably a valid concern about the home model.
I have not played it so I do not know.
You might save 2.5 k, but the game will lose more value than the pro will. Elwin is extremely hot right now. The pro would be easy to flip if you ever want to sell or trade.

#4175 2 years ago

Any updates when the shooter lane protector will be in stock again at Mezel mods and if Cointaker will carry it? Pu-parts has it in stock but they are over seas. Anyone know if another one will fit GZ? I don’t have my pro yet. So can’t pull one from my other pins to check. Like to have it before the pin arrives.

#4176 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any updates when the shooter lane protector will be in stock again at Mezel mods and if Cointaker will carry it? Pu-parts has it in stock but they are over seas. Anyone know if another one will fit GZ? I don’t have my pro yet. So can’t pull one from my other pins to check. Like to have it before the pin arrives.

I tried 2 different ones I had here and they let you shoot, but hard to be consistent. I'm in holding pattern as well,,

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I tried 2 different ones I had here and they let you shoot, but hard to be consistent. I'm in holding pattern as well,,

Ok thanks for your reply. Hopefully soon.

#4178 2 years ago

Ok thanks for your reply. Hopefully soon.

It was either full plunge and never hit skill shot behind upper flipper or dribbled back to right flipper. Which is still a skill shot, but annoying to watch it rattle around behind mecha, then drop to right flip

#4179 2 years ago

Hello
I have a problem with the magna grab
at the beginning no problem to go look for the destruction Jackpot,
but after a few games, when the ball is released it falls on the top of the flipper,
and it becomes almost impossible to aim for the loop

thank you for your feedback and comments!

love this game alot !

#4180 2 years ago

Just get the full Cliffy protector set. It’s a great quality product that lasts. I have them on all of my machines. He’s got them on sale right now and ready to ship.

#4181 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

This list is missing:
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
This is the one where Godzilla gets the "magna grab" powers.

The magna grab footage is also shown in the recap at the beginning of "Terror of Mechagodzilla".

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

What is the micro sd card in the middle below the cpu cooler for?

Never really investigated, but I'm assuming that's where settings/audits are being stored.

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Just get the full Cliffy protector set. It’s a great quality product that lasts. I have them on all of my machines. He’s got them on sale right now and ready to ship.

Do you have a link by chance? Thank you!

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It was either full plunge and never hit skill shot behind upper flipper or dribbled back to right flipper. Which is still a skill shot, but annoying to watch it rattle around behind mecha, then drop to right flip

Yeah that’s a problem.

#4185 2 years ago

Do you have a link by chance? Thank you!

You message him directly and he'll invoice you.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#4186 2 years ago

My behind the upper flipper shot doesn't ever go all the way across to the upper/lower loop.

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from Jo4k:

Hello
I have a problem with the magna grab
at the beginning no problem to go look for the destruction Jackpot,
but after a few games, when the ball is released it falls on the top of the flipper,
and it becomes almost impossible to aim for the loop
thank you for your feedback and comments!
love this game alot !

Yes, several of us have this issue so you’re not alone. I’ve messed with the magnet settings on mine and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I have not taken my mech apart yet to see if it can be a mechanical adjustment. I keep going to my game to take it apart but hit start instead and then it’s bed time haha. I haven’t seen a solution posted on this thread yet. If I do find a fix I’ll definitely share it.

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Got notified today that my pro is currently on a freighter en route from los angeles to hawaii - not just my first NIB, first pin period

T

I had the same issue with a NiB Elvira and turned out to be a short via led under slingshot. Check for any metal touching metal under the play field

Good luck

#4189 2 years ago

If you want to see what yellow looks like instead of white GI.

#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

If you want to see what yellow looks like instead of white GI.

That doesn’t look bad at all.

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Here is my pop bumper mod for those that are interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1362-gov-s-mods/05578-godzilla-ufo-pop-bumper-mod
Thanks
GOV[quoted image]

Looks AWESOME! But I gottagive Hooked on pinball a chance to get to market before I make a decision... hope they hurry!

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So I spent about an hour trying to adjust my shooter rod plate to get the plunger to actually shoot the ball into the playfield... The plunger tip had appeared to be skewed to the right of center, so I tried to align it.
Got it mostly centered, tried to plunge, and now it only goes about four inches.
So then I compared my ST to my GZ.
At rest, my ST plunger is just about flush with the ball.
[quoted image]
At rest, my GZ plunger is about 1/2" away from the ball.
[quoted image]
Is there a way to get the plunger closer to the ball at rest?

I have the same issue. Manual plunge only ever makes it barely to the upper flipper. I cant really get much more oomph out of it. My plunger was also way too far right to the point that it was hitting the autoplunger. I had to take the whole thing and move it about 1/4" left. Still doesn't have much juice to it. I might get a beefier spring. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

#4194 2 years ago

Anyone else have the tower entry rubber and clip break yet?

This is a pain in the ass to fix. I’ve had to disassemble the tower. In my opinion, the rubber is too thick or the screws are too short. I cannot get the screws to go all the way through again, and they don’t seem to want to catch the thread. Other side isn’t loose yet, but I’m betting it will be at some point once it takes enough hits.

4F57BBC2-7A4C-491C-8BA2-2B52043C1A61 (resized).jpeg4F57BBC2-7A4C-491C-8BA2-2B52043C1A61 (resized).jpegAF570055-6CD6-4D16-AB48-276DD3805545 (resized).jpegAF570055-6CD6-4D16-AB48-276DD3805545 (resized).jpeg
#4195 2 years ago

After an almost 8 hour round trip I Joined the club today with a pro. I’ve put about 50 games on it prior on location and at conventions, but this is my first time hearing the sound effects and most of the music and wow…this game is the full package. The complete opposite of AIQ’s boring/terrible music and call outs.

I like it more than JP and AIQ already. May dethrone IMDN as my favorite Elwin eventually.

9051AF5F-7B82-42CD-BF40-34F20210735A (resized).jpeg9051AF5F-7B82-42CD-BF40-34F20210735A (resized).jpeg
#4196 2 years ago
Quoted from Kurtpinba11:

This is a pain in the ass to fix. I’ve had to disassemble the tower. In my opinion, the rubber is too thick or the screws are too short. I cannot get the screws to go all the way through again, and they don’t seem to want to catch the thread. Other side isn’t loose yet, but I’m betting it will be at some point once it takes enough hits.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Will longer screws be a problem, hitting anything? Might be worth the trip to hardware store , I'd like to have a few on hand if they will fit.

#4197 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

May dethrone IMDN as my favorite Elwin eventually.
[quoted image]

Let's not get carried away.

Maiden Prem is still my favorite Elwin. Godzilla immediately became a strong second in his oeuvre, and I'm only a very casual fan of Godzilla IP. But really anything he's done is still above the majority of what's out there, even when it doesn't hit for me personally. When he finally breaks the "no subway" dam at Stern (no, AIQs ball holder, Maiden's mini subway, and Ghostbusters almost-a-hint-of-a-subway" don't count), look out.

#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from Kurtpinba11:

[quoted image][quoted image]

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.
Magicchiz

0AB6B5A6-E323-4B8B-8088-2668C082D886 (resized).jpeg0AB6B5A6-E323-4B8B-8088-2668C082D886 (resized).jpeg1ED76396-3245-4B1A-94B5-6D8918B54C18 (resized).jpeg1ED76396-3245-4B1A-94B5-6D8918B54C18 (resized).jpeg90D7D54C-518D-471C-82D8-4064057659D0 (resized).jpeg90D7D54C-518D-471C-82D8-4064057659D0 (resized).jpegFD33A310-F101-4E48-9F6A-00F904A6AE58 (resized).jpegFD33A310-F101-4E48-9F6A-00F904A6AE58 (resized).jpeg
#4199 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Will longer screws be a problem, hitting anything? Might be worth the trip to hardware store , I'd like to have a few on hand if they will fit.

Yes the interior area is where the ball enters the building. So it appears the stress of getting hit it knocking and stripping out the posts. Not the screws. And can’t put anything in there or it will hit the ball.
I might have a temp fix. But waiting to see what distributor come back with from stern first. Don’t want to void my warranty.
Magicchiz

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

mine just broke as well. So looks like this is going to be a problem. Mine was the same side as well. If yours is like mine the screws are fine but the little posts are stripped out. I have a call in to my distributor. So hopefully they can replace that bottom section. Sucks with out those there it’s unplayable.
Magicchiz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't see the other side of that rubber block with the metal backing. Is the metal stripped out on the holes? If not, aren't the screws just being knocked loose from the bracket that holds the rubber block in?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/84?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.