IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 544.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I owned it and understood it and was happy when it left. Not everyone has to like every game. If you love it, great. I love GOT and lots of people hate that but I don’t feel bad for them.
So many great games to choose from there is no point torturing yourself to try and appreciate something.

For sure. Just making the point that you should at least try to understand the ruleset to a game before moving on.

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

So I've gone out to play this game 3 times on location now and I can't decide how I feel about it.
The shots feel great, the callouts and immersion are a blast. But holy crap I just feel like there's so much going on at once. I get the basics - hit the ramps, scoop, battle - but I can't dial in the strategy or objectives for jet fighters, tanks, etc. Is it just something where I should study up on Tiltforums before I go next time?

Check out this gameplay video.
Karl does a great job at explaining the ruleset and strategy approach to the game. So much fun to watch him blow up it up.

#4053 2 years ago

Got news my pro should be shipping tomorrow to my distributor! I wasn’t expecting it till next year. Tesla towers and bridge mod ordered from tdiddy. Can’t wait.

#4054 2 years ago

I think this game is really hard. It’s really fun, but the drains happen so fast. It seems way more drainey than his other 3 games. I own JP and IM and I can control the ball, settle it down much more easily on those. This one has certain important shots that usually drain if not 100% accurate(scoop, left spinner hitting posts, right ramp not quite making it, left of building, a destruction jackpot loop that doesn’t quite make it around, pop bumper by the outlane, every alley pass goes right to an outlane, etc.) Danger is everywhere on this table, lol. I’m having fun for the most part, but I just can’t quite get it rolling consistently like his previous games. I’m feeling slightly more frustration than fun so far…slightly. Anyone else feeling that?

#4055 2 years ago

Still not part of the billion club but getting there, this is my best so far with two free balls earned this game. Definitely my favorite post year 2000 Stern pinball machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4056 2 years ago

This update from Tokyo just in.
Naw, check back in ten hours .

IMG_3101 (resized).jpgIMG_3101 (resized).jpg
#4057 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hard to tell if it's the plastic trim on the bridge or the metal underneath that's impacting the plastic. Putting some kind of thin adhesive rubber strip on the bottom of the bridge might be a good way to cushion impacts.

I think if people look at the Newton ball plastic they will see evidence of the metal of the bridge hitting the plastic and leaving a mark. Later to Crack the plastic.

#4058 2 years ago

Got my hands on a Godzilla for the first time today and man it was fun. My distributor just took delivery of my Premium today (although I won't be able to take delivery for awhile) I am now more stoked for this machine than ever.

Shots were a blast and, more importantly, all felt fair and makeable. I had AIQ Premium before this and maybe it was just my setup but I dreaded the Marvel ramp. I just hated shooting it. But, at least on Pro Godzilla, no shot felt like an unnecessarily hard shot. The one I struggled with the most was the left spinner (maser cannon I think?) but eventually when I ripped it man it felt good.

Put up a score of 440,715,890 (thanks Insider Connected) and it felt so good doing it. And that's without even really fully understanding the rule set. I got a few really great multiballs to thank for that total and only defeated one Kaiju but this machine is the truth for me right now.

#4059 2 years ago

So, I recieved my machine this week after a long wait. It's the PRO version and I think this is a really nice machine.

What I always do has also been done to godzilla, here's a list:

- Convolux. I added the yellow ones and these came out nice. It's almost a whole playfield tear down but it gives so much extra texture to the overall look and feel. Also: the washers stern uses to protect the plastics are the worst solution ever. Even with no plays they damage the plastics on removal. Convolux also protects the plastics.
- Side mirrors
- Illuminated transparent flipperbuttons. I chose green to match the flipper rubbers
- Green silicone flipper rubbers, transparant silicone rubbers. I hate those black standard rubbers as they deteriorate so fast it even leaves black traces on the flippers after a few games.
- Starpost illumination on the slingshots
- A sheet of PDI glass
- Illuminated speakers rings. I am debating with myself if this needs to be red or green. My jurassic park has green as well so I chose red for godzilla. They are changeble so it's subjection to change.

Under the hood mods:
- Shaker motor
- JBL Stage 810 woofer for that extra oomph
- Quiet fan in the power supply

First impressions of this game: this is a keeper. It shoots so good and the game is very challenging, fast etc.

9352ABC6-867A-4EAD-BD64-554E11ED81AE (resized).jpeg9352ABC6-867A-4EAD-BD64-554E11ED81AE (resized).jpegA2463332-AB47-4EC1-852B-CDD60CBA2A94 (resized).jpegA2463332-AB47-4EC1-852B-CDD60CBA2A94 (resized).jpegA93067A3-A016-4089-92B9-E5BD30925DE1 (resized).jpegA93067A3-A016-4089-92B9-E5BD30925DE1 (resized).jpegB069377C-F723-4968-AB84-4806F8945C68 (resized).jpegB069377C-F723-4968-AB84-4806F8945C68 (resized).jpegF2CAB8CD-C7B6-4789-B396-8690D1EFC852 (resized).jpegF2CAB8CD-C7B6-4789-B396-8690D1EFC852 (resized).jpeg
#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

So, I recieved my machine this week after a long wait. It's the PRO version and I think this is a really nice machine.
What I always do has also been done to godzilla, here's a list:
- Convolux. I added the yellow ones and these came out nice. It's almost a whole playfield tear down but it gives so much extra texture to the overall look and feel. Also: the washers stern uses to protect the plastics are the worst solution ever. Even with no plays they damage the plastics on removal. Convolux also protects the plastics.
- Side mirrors
- Illuminated transparent flipperbuttons. I chose green to match the flipper rubbers
- Green silicone flipper rubbers, transparant silicone rubbers. I hate those black standard rubbers as they deteriorate so fast it even leaves black traces on the flippers after a few games.
- Starpost illumination on the slingshots
- A sheet of PDI glass
- Illuminated speakers rings. I am debating with myself if this needs to be red or green. My jurassic park has green as well so I chose red for godzilla. They are changeble so it's subjection to change.
Under the hood mods:
- Shaker motor
- JBL Stage 810 woofer for that extra oomph
- Quiet fan in the power supply
First impressions of this game: this is a keeper. It shoots so good and the game is very challenging, fast etc.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those plastic protectors look fantastic. Did you get them from Freddy's Pinball Paradise? I've been looking for a complete set of luminescent protectors. I think these might be the only full 21 piece set offered currently?

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I owned it and understood it and was happy when it left. Not everyone has to like every game. If you love it, great. I love GOT and lots of people hate that but I don’t feel bad for them.
So many great games to choose from there is no point torturing yourself to try and appreciate something.

True, people crap all over Ghostbusters but my son and I love mine. I love TMNT theme but ended up selling because it just wasn't fun for me. My guests loved it and were perplexed why I sold it as they thought it was one of my better games.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

True, people crap all over Ghostbusters but my son and I love mine. I love TMNT theme but ended up selling because it just wasn't fun for me. My guests loved it and were perplexed why I sold it as they thought it was one of my better games.

My guests liked tmnt as well. They could get quick multiball and see the pizza magnet work. So for novices some quick shots to see something cool. But that game frustrated the hell out of me. The crazy bounces to the outlanes all the time made me want to break the thing. Sold my LE quickly.

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AIQ is my least favorite of the quartet.

AIQ is my favorite of his games, but I'm also a huge Avengers fan. Once you figure out how to use the gemstones, it takes it to a new level. I haven't had my GZ Premium long enough to tell if it will take the crown. Though so far, I can tell it's certainly going to be a contender!

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My guests liked tmnt as well. They could get quick multiball and see the pizza magnet work. So for novices some quick shots to see something cool. But that game frustrated the hell out of me. The crazy bounces to the outlanes all the time made me want to break the thing. Sold my LE quickly.

Yeah tmnt is sold a lot. Was going to get one but decided on jjp wonka instead because of the drain issues on tmnt. It’s beautiful thought.

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from chromag:

Check it out....it's the $25 (I think) bust bank from Amazon, see the coin slot.
Scale wise it seems to look better on the playfield with Mecha.
The look resembles the really expensive imports with attention to detail.
Had to cut a little more than an inch off the bottom and trim both arms to get him in there but he fits!
Might paint him green but kinda like him representing the b&w ish look of the old movies.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see a wide shot of the playfield with this installed. Looks cool!

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AIQ is my least favorite of the quartet.

Me too. But I think all of his games are great and can understand why people really like AIQ. For me, the code has too much strategy. That is not a bad thing, just not what appeals to me. I really love the layout though so it was hard to sell mine. Luckily Godzilla has a layout I like just as much, if not more and the ruleset is a bit more approachable not only for myself but my friends who come over to play.

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Karl does a great job at explaining the ruleset and strategy approach to the game. So much fun to watch him blow up it up.

How cool is that 01:09:00
Karl hits the left ramp to collect the 5th train. The ball travels just long enough through corkscrew wireframe to let the building drop one floor to allow smooth supertrains via right ramp just perfectly in time. Coincidence? I dont think so. Wow

#4068 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

dude...i feel this...when i first played it i was like...omg there is too much...and sometimes, it still feels like there is too much because you get multiballs far quicker than you want them when you are just trying to get thru modes...but after about 100 plays...i finally feel it...if you are playing on site...good luck, this is not an easy game to play casually for sure.

#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

dude...i feel this...when i first played it i was like...omg there is too much...and sometimes, it still feels like there is too much because you get multiballs far quicker than you want them when you are just trying to get thru modes...but after about 100 plays...i finally feel it...if you are playing on site...good luck, this is not an easy game to play casually for sure.

Yeah, I was half-watching Karl's video yesterday before going to play and it helped on the general strategy front. I just need to learn more what triggers the side modes and when I should focus on them. Brushed up on the rulesheet and it's a little clearer, just need more time on it.

#4070 2 years ago

Godzilla and Gigan have gone out for sushi and beer.
Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah.
Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah.

IMG_3102 (resized).jpgIMG_3102 (resized).jpg
#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Those plastic protectors look fantastic. Did you get them from Freddy's Pinball Paradise? I've been looking for a complete set of luminescent protectors. I think these might be the only full 21 piece set offered currently?

I found them here.

https://pu-parts.com/clip-godzilla-premium-le-yellow

#4072 2 years ago

Is there a place to get these in North America?

#4073 2 years ago

Tommy Skinner and I talk about Godzilla. We mention this thread a couple of times so figured I’d share the episode here. We have never won a Twipy so don’t expect much.

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/ep-e1b6oii

3AA3DDD5-2425-4D9C-94E6-E48313F43746 (resized).jpeg3AA3DDD5-2425-4D9C-94E6-E48313F43746 (resized).jpeg
#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Tommy Skinner and I talk about Godzilla. We mention this thread a couple of times so figured I’d share the episode here. We have never won a Twipy so don’t expect much.

Bonus points for the Die Antwoord intro.

#4075 2 years ago

Adding custom Mechagodzilla armor artwork to my Premium.

07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpg07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpgfaff82320af41327527f9651e15ee1472b913deb (resized).jpgfaff82320af41327527f9651e15ee1472b913deb (resized).jpgfd69de8835f00b6df30d7810d8dd8af33943dcb3 (resized).jpgfd69de8835f00b6df30d7810d8dd8af33943dcb3 (resized).jpg
#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap

Either gonna epic or too busy, I guess we shall wait and see!!

Nice artwork and creativity

#4077 2 years ago

That looks great- can’t wait to see install pictures

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is there a place to get these in North America?

Other than driving to their storefront, what would it matter it they ship to your door?
Unless they don't

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

That looks great- can’t wait to see install pictures

Will be a few more weeks until the install. Not worried about being busy. Going to light up the speakers yellow.

#4080 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Great video. Now I get a lot more of the strategy. And I have to play better!

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Other than driving to their storefront, what would it matter it they ship to your door?
Unless they don't

Tried to order but shipping addresses are EU only it appears.

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Nice - I can appreciate all the effort that has gone into this. Very cool use of something within the theme.

Can't wait to see it all loaded up.

#4083 2 years ago

Not an owner yet, but this game is the first new game that I got giddy playing on the first game. What a blast, so many shots, all fun.

Game is a home run for sure, just wish they could produce them faster haha.

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Nice - I can appreciate all the effort that has gone into this. Very cool use of something within the theme.
Can't wait to see it all loaded up.

Thank you.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Not an owner yet, but this game is the first new game that I got giddy playing on the first game. What a blast, so many shots, all fun.
Game is a home run for sure, just wish they could produce them faster haha.

Same! I got to play on location and i was so pumped.

I'm in the wait game for mine to come next year. After playing I was "soooo in for one"

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Nice job! Did you air brush these parts yourself?

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Bonus points for the Die Antwoord intro.

Some of my favorite music to listen to when playing.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Nice job! Did you air brush these parts yourself?

No, I had these done by a very talented artist who does great work on Pinball Machines.

#4089 2 years ago

My Pro is supposed to be delivered Monday. Woot! But I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Premium Translight? I really like the Prem. Translight, but don't actually feel like I need all the extra features. The Pro is enough for me on this one.

Does anyone sell them, or are there any owners that have a spare for some reason?

#4090 2 years ago

Looking forward to some more interesting achievements being added.

A couple mid-level ones that come to mind would be full comboing the gigan and megalon modes.

Ideas for others?

#4091 2 years ago

#Godzilla LE

Hello, Godzilla LE 907 arrived on monday.

Can someone tell me how strong your Shaker works. Mine is on maximum but when starting multiball or Godzilla comes,it works very smove. It works, but i am in the opionion. After unboxing thought it was very strong implemented into game.

I also switched the Shaker with my mando, but it is the same feeling.

Thanks

#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

My Pro is supposed to be delivered Monday. Woot! But I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Premium Translight? I really like the Prem. Translight, but don't actually feel like I need all the extra features. The Pro is enough for me on this one.
Does anyone sell them, or are there any owners that have a spare for some reason?

They usually pop up on eBay a few months after release

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ideas anyway..

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=godzilla&post_type=product

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

End of Stroke switch. It's the one on the flipper plate that is triggered when the flipper hits the peak of it's swing to tell the machine to reduce to hold power. I don't *think* it would matter in this case, but that's what it is.
Did you try the node board swap? That will confirm/eliminate node board as the problem. Here are the dip switch settings to set the boards to the opposite (8 to 9 and vice versa):[quoted image]

Gotcha. Appreciate the info.

I swapped the node boards. Flipper works now. But when I pulled off node board 8, there was a screw lodged in between the PCB and the playfield. Still gonna get a replacement board though. Can't thank you enough for the help!

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRaygun_:

Gotcha. Appreciate the info.
I swapped the node boards. Flipper works now. But when I pulled off node board 8, there was a screw lodged in between the PCB and the playfield. Still gonna get a replacement board though. Can't thank you enough for the help!

Wow, glad you have it sorted out and found that screw!

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Looking forward to some more interesting achievements being added.
A couple mid-level ones that come to mind would be full comboing the gigan and megalon modes.
Ideas for others?

Some combo achievements would be fun. Last night I thought I saw something pop up on my screen that said "City Combo" or something like that. I only got a glance at it though. I think it popped up after I hit the inner loop, outer loop, and tail whip shots in a row but I'm not sure.

I think a fun combo achievement would be right ramp, left ramp, inner loop, outer loop, tail whip.

#4097 2 years ago

I'm in! Miraculously found a Pro in stock. Should have it within a couple of weeks.

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Some combo achievements would be fun. Last night I thought I saw something pop up on my screen that said "City Combo" or something like that. I only got a glance at it though. I think it popped up after I hit the inner loop, outer loop, and tail whip shots in a row but I'm not sure.
I think a fun combo achievement would be right ramp, left ramp, inner loop, outer loop, tail whip.

Each city has a specific city combo. Currently worth five million. I've also seen them pop up, but I don't know which shots I hit to achieve them. I assumed you'd feature will be further fleshed out.

#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I'm weird about "seeing too much" before I get a game. I won't watch any videos after seeing some of the release videos, so I won't be watching any Godzilla streams or strategies until after I get my Premium and try to see and figure things out myself.

Even then I'll generally look here or Tilt forums and Pinball Enthusiasts on FB to help me with a question as I learn and develop strategies.

Once I understand everything, then I may watch some streams or videos.

Worked out pretty well for me on Deadpool and AIQ. And now I have some of my own videos on YouTube...

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm weird about "seeing too much" before I get a game. I won't watch any videos after seeing some of the release videos, so I won't be watching any Godzilla streams or strategies until after I get my Premium and try to see and figure things out myself.
Even then I'll generally look here or Tilt forums and Pinball Enthusiasts on FB to help me with a question as I learn and develop strategies.
Once I understand everything, then I may watch some streams or videos.
Worked out pretty well for me on Deadpool and AIQ. And now I have some of my own videos on YouTube...

I did not watch anything until my game arrived, then I played for days, then I started to watch some videos

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.